#03 - Anakin Skywalker - AOTC
#04 - Biggs Darklighter
#05 - Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony
#06 - Darth Vader - Bespin Trap
#07 - Scout Trooper
#08 - Clone Trooper Pilot - Ph1

Michael_Knight
07-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I need to see more. The Padme is exciting.

Okami
07-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, if it IS the return of the Build-A-Droid, then I'm happy, but these figures are booooooring to me.

Shabby_Blue
07-12-2012, 12:04 AM
That's probably just the first page of 2 or 3 slides showing the first wave, since I doubt the pieces of any build-a-droid can be divided up among just three figures. It's probably going to be at least a 6 figure wave.

CaptainMax
07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
ZZZzzzzz :wtf:

LordStarscream
07-12-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm geared up for it just because of the Arena Padme. Anything else would be a bonus.

Droidworld
07-12-2012, 12:33 AM
The R2 and Padmé, seem very AOTC 3D to me. And yet ANOTHER scout trooper, makes me think a new speeder bike is around the corner. Really only interested in the R2 and Padmé, but if the new Scout Trooper is amazing, and fits on the old speeder bike, may be interesting.

BXR_1138
07-12-2012, 12:36 AM
The R2 and Padmé, seem very AOTC 3D to me. And yet ANOTHER scout trooper, makes me think a new speeder bike is around the corner. Really only interested in the R2 and Padmé, but if the new Scout Trooper is amazing, and fits on the old speeder bike, may be interesting.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/6366/medium/STV_9118_RESIZED.jpg

HappyNoodleBoy
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
ZZZzzzzz :wtf:

What he said.

GarvenDreis
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Eh, looks very bland to me. Not even appealing.

Trooper31
07-12-2012, 03:43 AM
It seems we're getting a mixed wave as the first wave for 2013. That could be good news.

BAD, I'm happy to see it back.

LipSmack
07-12-2012, 03:45 AM
It seems we're getting a mixed wave as the first wave for 2013. That could be good news.

BAD, I'm happy to see it back.

Is it BAD on a vintage card still? I want them to keep these cards

Trooper31
07-12-2012, 03:46 AM
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. I think they'll have completely new cards and go back to TVC for ANH.

EnigmaticOne
07-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Please let it be the Arena Padme with the claw marks.

GNT
07-12-2012, 08:10 AM
I hope this wave has a strong bunch of figures besides these 3. Just remember the first waves usually stick around forever....forever....

RyanC
07-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Not excited on this one either.

darthsatan
07-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm on the zzzzzzzzz team too.

Michael_Knight
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Is it confirmed that there is only 3 figures to this wave? What if the rest of the wave is Ree Yees, Yakface and a Snowtrooper Officer?

pohatu771
07-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I'll buy these three (though it will probably be my last R2 outside of multi-packs). I'm curious to see what else they have, and what the first droid will bel

Toonimator
07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
R2 would have to be VERY cool for me to get--the movie equivalent of TCW's R2-D2 (with rotating dome, opening panels, manual periscope, and everything in the right place). Padme, maybe... looks okay so far. I loved the VTSC Scout Trooper, but BH hips would improve it, as well as a larger helmet (I skipped the Endor BP featuring the Scout w/ bigger helm). If it's just a straight-up repack of VTSC, forget it.

So far, underwhelming. I hope the panel reveals some good stuff!

matt292
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Don't see the point having an Astro droid as a basic figure in a BAD line, even if it is R2, I just don't feel they can command the price of a basic figure any more...

That said, arena Padme is a good choice, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the wave.

Darth_Brett
07-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Is it confirmed that there is only 3 figures to this wave? What if the rest of the wave is Ree Yees, Yakface and a Snowtrooper Officer?

Man, that would be an awesome wave!

Krayt
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
So rocket firing R2, Padme and a Scout trooper so far. So 2 from AOTC and 1 ROTJ so you should figure at least one more from the OT, 1 that could be either OT or PT and 1 EU. Interesting... I wonder if all the waves will have a strong AOTC presence so just in the beginning of the year.

theforcemonkey
07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm on the zzzzzzzzz team too.

Right there with ya buddy. Emotionally, I don't want the TVC line to end. Fiscally, I think it's time. I always said I was done with Hasbro once vintage was over, and with that Mythos Obi-Wan and Darth Malak maquette staring me in the face, on top of ridiculous distribution, I think I'm out when it comes to action figures. Bring on the high end collectibles!

urbnns69
07-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Those would be great figure choices for sure. But they belong on vintage-style cardbacks. The minute the vintage cardbacks disappear, many collectors will once again drop out of the hobby.

genesis
07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Of those three, only padme is even a little bit interesting. And even then, it will have to be a really good likeness of her to get me to buy it

Zuma77
07-13-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm not sold on this wave yet.

Idpullthecurtain
07-13-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm not sold on this wave yet.

The more I think about it, the more this line seems like it is the 2013 MH line.
Think about it.....

Trooper31
07-13-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm sure there are more than just 3 figures in this wave. You need at least 4 to make an astromech.

Idpullthecurtain
07-13-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm sure there are more than just 3 figures in this wave. You need at least 4 to make an astromech.

No I know that, its more that it just seems unlikely that they are all (so far) "fillers". I guess they did this with Legacy too though.

Trooper31
07-13-2012, 06:26 AM
I think the R2 and Padme are considered new/AOTC figures. The scout trooper is a bit mind boggling because we've all been assuming that 2013 will start out with a straight AOTC wave. Maybe the slide is an old one or maybe it's new, but things will change by CVI and we'll see a straight AOTC wave. Time will soon tell.

Idpullthecurtain
07-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I think the R2 and Padme are considered new/AOTC figures. The scout trooper is a bit mind boggling because we've all been assuming that 2013 will start out with a straight AOTC wave. Maybe the slide is an old one or maybe it's new, but things will change by CVI and we'll see a straight AOTC wave. Time will soon tell.

I realise that, at least, Padme is considered "new" (although isnt it just a repaint, or minor kitbash?). But the point is, if the alteration is very minor, then these are updates that could and should be in the MH line.

JediMerc
07-13-2012, 07:04 AM

Hopefully---if Hasbro's gotten their head screwed on straight---they will avoid this (especially for the start of a new line). Mixing up some AOTC figs with other desirables may help the flow of product better and keep us out of this distribution ****hole we've been in lately.

Trooper31
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Yes, I really hope they go mixed. I can understand for each film having a straight film wave would be fair, but maybe they think that was the wrong way to go for 2013, especially with BAD starting up again.

matto
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I smell an AOTC wave here. Not sure how the Scout Trooper fits in but would def help move this wave. It would be very smart to put at least one army builder in the first wave, and avoid alienating the OT collectors completely here. The scout trooper has to have to new legs, which will make a great pick up. I agree that R2 is a bad choice for BAD. All basic droids need to be axed during this collection. And hope these BAD's are better picks than last time.

Krayt
07-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Could be that they have a wave of AOTC like the Walmart exclusive TPM wave, but the rest of the waves will have a strong AOTC presence but not have a dedicated AOTC regular wave.

ctonra
07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
What if R2 is the BAD figure in the wave?????

matto
07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
What if R2 is the BAD figure in the wave?????

That's def possibility and better choice IMO. Still not exciting reason to buy all the figures. Hasbro's going to have to do some great BAD's for me to bite with this. And if R2's one of the BADs for the 1st wave, doesn't start off very well.

tanksmasher
07-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Once again they're starting a new year with a lackluster wave that will collect dust while we scour the internet for the waves that retail won't stock.

JediMerc
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I smell an AOTC wave here. Not sure how the Scout Trooper fits in but would def help move this wave. It would be very smart to put at least one army builder in the first wave...

They just need to make sure that they don't carry this guy forward in 3-4 more case assortments like they did with the Sandies and ROTS TVC15 clone from a few years ago...God, no!

matto
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
That was bad. They were overproduced but also badly made (ROTS clone) and poor choices/timing (both). But I can put up with one figure pegwarming over a whole wave pegwarming (TPM).

Idpullthecurtain
07-13-2012, 01:47 PM
It so disappointing to have to be negative but Wave 1 is really disappointing. And Wave 2 is even worse cos though they did some OT stuff, they are terrible choices. Why so many missed opportunities. Is Luke Ceremony really the top priority? Anyone who really wants an updated Biggs has already made one! Who on the Hasbro team is obsessed with Sandtroopers? And is the same guy the one who CONTINUALLY makes A-Wings Pilots and never Y-Wing Pilots? Bespin Dinner Vader, honestly what is point, that should have been Dagobah Spirit if they really wanted to do another ESB Vader.

Krayt
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Wave 2 is a lot better than Wave 1...
I am really shocked with the choices of wave 1 though. Makes you wonder what Hasbro was thinking. What is supposed to jump out at you, another Anakin? a new Padme? factor R2?

Rune_Haako
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Nice to see a Geonosis Battle Droid, and Geonosian Warrior (Even if it's a repack from the Arena 2 pack).

JediMerc
07-13-2012, 02:47 PM
It so disappointing to have to be negative but Wave 1 is really disappointing. Who on the Hasbro team is obsessed with Sandtroopers?

I know, what is the deal with Hasbro and this figure?

We've got some that are still on pegs around the country from 2010, a new one coming in TVC in the next wave, and now one in the early part of 2013...

I think they DO want to kill the SW line altogether and they've discovered the poison to do it...Sandies everywhere!

Wishing_Well
07-13-2012, 02:48 PM
At least they'll have no excuse to release another one, they got all the pauldron colors down.

DarthChevron
07-13-2012, 02:54 PM
At least they'll have no excuse to release another one, they got all the pauldron colors down.
Just you wait for the all new blue-pauldron trooper.
And the red-pauldron trooper.
And the lesser-spotted yellow-pauldron trooper.

Deathbymonkeys
07-13-2012, 04:57 PM
I think wave 1 is full of interesting good choices as opposed to most of the last couple years waves. They really seem like they are trying to change up what's offered out there. And wave 2 is so much amazing win. I'm buying a case or two of that wave at least.

I absolutely love the packaging as well. I can't wait to see some carded shots. Probably at Celebration.

And the choice of the first 2 BAD figs is awesome! Love they did a CW realistic (Hope to get Goldie) and dooku's droid. All around they are absolutely different choices (Except sandtroopers. Those can rot. The idiot that has pumped these out for how many years in a row? Should be shot.) and I assume there will be the Movie heroes type line on the side with the repacks of the mains. At least they don't seem like they are doubling up.

Scarrviper
07-13-2012, 06:17 PM
This wave just reeks of fail to me. Unless the pattern is going to be broken next year, (not likely) they will be overshipped, and we will be drowning in clones, sandtroopers, and battledroids all over again. They have learned nothing. It feels like a slap in the face, to be honest.

DarthJefe
07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm in the minority again. Ithink most of these figures are real winners. We have a few main AOTC characters that needed redos for the 3D release (Anakin, Arena Padme, Factory R2), plenty of troops (Clone Sgt, 212th "apology" clone, Arena Battle Droid, TIE Pilot, Scout Trooper, Sandtrooper, Geonosian), and Jedi (Luminara, Pablo). All we're missing is a bounty hunter, cantina patron, or Jabba goon. Plus, the BAD choices are sublime, with an all new droid and an unexpectedly awesome CW droid. There's plenty to like here, in my opinion.

trandoshanhunter
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
They might as well end the line if there going to treat it like this. Just awful. Half of the wave is pegwarmers, for goodness sake!

Slizer
07-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Honestly, Im down for every character in this wave, except for Pablo Jill, who I may end up getting to finish a droid. It's not often that a whole wave this large is something im up for. But each item falls into the section of SW that i like collecting from.

Blitzkriegtrench
07-14-2012, 01:23 AM
I for one am jazzed that the B.A.D. concept is back.
As I am in it just for Astrodroids so wave 1 is a total pass.
I.M.H.O. any non Astromech is a compleat waste of a B.A.D. slot-unlike Astrodroids their limbs don't look even vaguely good together unless the figures are both of the same genus (3-PO/RA/ETC) and you end up with a character like Gorm the Dissolver (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gorm):
And despite what others have posted a non-B.A.D. R2-D2 in the wave is I.M.H.O. is dumb, a waste of a chance to have more B.A.D. goodness about.
Just my 2 Republic Credts,
Spencer?:>}

EnigmaticOne
07-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Just my 2 Republic Credts,

i have to disagree, I'm not sure many people even mixed and matched any droids from the BAD line. I think most people cared for the unique character. And if it wasn't for BAD, we would have gotten HK-47, L8-l9, and others that I wish I could recall their names.

Isn't the monetary value in credits?

AaylaSecurasMan
07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Padme Amidala,
R2-D2,
newly articulated Biker Scout,
TIE Pilot (Black 3, Vader's Wingman),
an all-new Anakin,
Clone Trooper Sargeant,
Sandtrooper (new deco),
Luminara Unduli with removable habit (and legs!),
redeco of the Battle Droid,
Geonosian Warrior Sun Fac,
a gigantic, fully-articulated Pablo-Jill,
and a super-articulated 212th Clone Trooper.

So it will make sense to order a case with the 12 figures above. By then I guess e-tailers will raise the price to $150 or so

Notorious_Boba
07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm only interested in R2, both Jedi, Sandtrooper and trade the rest. Hasbro is smart. Because they know the only way to get all the parts, you have to buy a whole case. That's until they released alternate figs w/the same parts.
---------------------------
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."B)

trooper1138
07-15-2012, 02:28 PM
This whole wave is boring.

DT_SnaggleYak
07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I am sooo psyched! I am going to save sooo much money this year!!

I won't be touching a one of these turds.

Blitzkriegtrench
07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
i have to disagree, I'm not sure many people even mixed and matched any droids from the BAD line. I think most people cared for the unique character. And if it wasn't for BAD, we would have gotten HK-47, L8-l9, and others that I wish I could recall their names.

Isn't the monetary value in credits?
I don't know about that I put 2gether about 50-ish defferent Astros with the provided parts from the original run of B.A.D., additionally upon the release of VC R5-D4, DTF G8-R3 and the DTF Royal Starship Droids I have put together maybe 2 dozen more and with the release of the Disney B.A.D.s I have done a dozen more and will do more when they get a wider release.

Look at post #243 plus some others down the topic Astromech Droid Collectors (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077948-25/) to see some of them.
And those are just the stock paint job ones not the custom painted versions.

ArtieDuty
07-15-2012, 08:02 PM
This is just an AOTC wave with a couple of OT troops thrown in, even if TVC were still going all I would buy is the Biker Scout.

Idpullthecurtain
07-16-2012, 04:30 AM
This is just an AOTC wave with a couple of OT troops thrown in, even if TVC were still going all I would buy is the Biker Scout.

True, we have rarely seen so many repacks in a Main line. Its like they merged MH with the Main line.

Galactic_Emperor
07-16-2012, 07:26 AM
I'll probably get Luminara, Anakin and maybe Padmé and the ROTS clone but I'll most certainly wait till their price drops.

SWPredalien
07-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Im getting only TIE pilot and Luminara.

smithrm65
07-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Luminara and pablo jill x2 for sure, wave 2 is more interesting

Krayt
07-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Luminara and pablo jill x2 for sure, wave 2 is more interesting

I really wonder what Hasbro was thinking with this wave.
Did they expect everyone to army build this wave?

Idpullthecurtain
07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Wave 1
Padme (Arena)
R2 D2
Biker Scout
TIE Fighter Pilot (Vaders Wingman)
Clone Trooper
Sandtrooper
Luminara
Battle Droid
Sun Fac
Pablo Jill
Clone Trooper (212th)
Anakin (AOTC)

BAD's
TC-70
FA-4

Daigo_Bah
07-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately I am out of purchasing this wave entirely. The OT characters in a launch wave could have been so much better than the 3 Imperials that have seen multiple releases. What about instead of these 3, they would have offered the Gamorrean, Echo Base Trooper and Imperial Navy Commander again?

Billy_Ray
07-16-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm down for a few of these (Padme, Sandtrooper, Biker Scout...maybe Anakin). Not too worried about completing the droids, though I think it is a cool pack in and did force me to buy a couple of figures last time around that I wouldn't have otherwise. Still, a somewhat "meh" wave really.

Krayt
07-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm down for a few of these (Padme, Sandtrooper, Biker Scout...maybe Anakin). Not too worried about completing the droids, though I think it is a cool pack in and did force me to buy a couple of figures last time around that I wouldn't have otherwise. Still, a somewhat "meh" wave really.

I wouldn't even say this is a meh wave, that is being generous.
To me, I am only personally interested in the Jedi, Padme might be interesting to some, R2 well that is your own preference, the others to me really lack interest in my opinion.

Michael_Knight
07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
I hope the figures I do want enable me to complete FA-4. TC-70 is less of a concern.

WayneStarActionF
07-16-2012, 12:22 PM
True, we have rarely seen so many repacks in a Main line. Its like they merged MH with the Main line.
That's my big worry. This wave is very weak, and dispite Hasbro saying they have learnt lessons from over producing wave 1, they always say that, and they always flood the market with wave 1, and if the continue thsi next year distriubtion will be stopped in its tracks again like it has been this year. Hasbro will never get it 100% right, no one reasonabiliy can expect them to, but there are just sooooo many potential peg warmers in this wave, its scary to think its the launch wave!

After this years mess, it will be very very interesting to see what lines the big chains take on next year.

redwillow
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
wow that is one sorry assortment right there...only thing i might want from that is pablo jill

Krayt
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
There are two BAD but 12 figures in the wave, so I just wondering how the parts are going to be distributed.
those two BAD are what, four or five parts a piece aren't they? So unless they were 6 parts each I don't get how the parts will be throughout the figures

TatooineSandworm
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
There are two BAD but 12 figures in the wave, so I just wondering how the parts are going to be distributed.
those two BAD are what, four or five parts a piece aren't they? So unless they were 6 parts each I don't get how the parts will be throughout the figures

Protocal Droids have always been 6 parts/figures to complete. One could then reasonably assume, that the other droid would also be 6 parts/figures.

Jertej1
07-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Luminara and Pablo Jill for me, my only worry is if they put this wave out in droves and it pegwarms and jams all other waves after. Not like it's happened before, but hope not. :(

Krayt
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Protocal Droids have always been 6 parts/figures to complete. One could then reasonably assume, that the other droid would also be 6 parts/figures.

Oh yes, that is correct. For some reason I was thinking it was five, but I forgot 2 arms, 2 legs, torso and head

AmanaMatt
07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Thats a lot of pegwarmers...Hasbro learns nothing from their mistakes. Almost impressive, if it wasnt soo sad

Guardian
07-16-2012, 02:08 PM
hasbro is making some great waves for sure.........

i just want the bad figs

i dont need the rest

im sure in some areas the theft of bad parts will be through the roof

ds

CaptainJack
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Is this actually being called the Legacy Collection again? I thought it was just "Droid Factory".

Anyway, this wave has some odd choices, but it's better than 12 AOTC figures. Padme's the only one I want for sure, but I'll be tempted by the TIE pilot, Bikerscout, Luminara, and Pablo-Jill. Droid piece distribution may be my deciding factor.

Jerjerrod
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
It looks like with the launch of this new line, my wallet can take a breather because I will only need to get 1 of each figure to open, and for the droid part. The droid parts are not priority though. Figures wise, I will most likely pick up Padme, Biker Scout, Luminara, Pablo Jill, and Anakin. Unlike TVC, I have no interest in the packaging at all.

CaptainJack
07-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Unlike TVC, I have no interest in the packaging at all.
That being said, I'll admit it's not as terrible as some of their previous iterations.

Scarrviper
07-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Not a good selection for the first wave of the year. I might might pick up a biker scout. The rest is all pass for me.

RebelTrooper
07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, it might not be so bad as long as they don't keep shipping the same figures over and over again in subsequent waves after their initial release.

We'll have a better idea on whether or not they have a handle on this when we see the case assortments for Wave 2 and Wave 3.

If they carry forward a lot of figures from Wave 1 into the next two assortments, then we'll know that they didn't learn anything from 2012, or that for some reason, they just don't care(which I doubt).

John

Gary
07-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I would buy this whole wave if it was part of TVC. I was hoping to get this Anakin and Padme in the Vintage Collection instead of the ones we got in the AOTC wave. I'm also really bummed that I can't pair up Barris with Luminara on a vintage cardback. (same with Yavin Luke and Yavin Han... but that's another topic!)

I'll be sadly passing on these and hoping they someday pop up on vintage cardbacks.

ArtieDuty
07-17-2012, 11:22 AM
That's my big worry. This wave is very weak, and dispite Hasbro saying they have learnt lessons from over producing wave 1, they always say that, and they always flood the market with wave 1, and if the continue thsi next year distriubtion will be stopped in its tracks again like it has been this year. Hasbro will never get it 100% right, no one reasonabiliy can expect them to, but there are just sooooo many potential peg warmers in this wave, its scary to think its the launch wave!

It's retail that orders big on launch waves. I think it's because of this that Hasbro does card changes every couple years. They get huge orders at first and then things start to sit and orders get smaller and smaller until Hasbro decides it's time to launch a new look. Then they get huge orders at first...etc etc.

Droidworld
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
As a casual PT collector, and an avid droid collector, I'm happy with this entire wave.

darthsatan
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Now that the dust has settled I have decided.
Out of the first two waves I will be chasing down 3 of the BADs as loose figures.
That is all.
Not a good start to the year.

Idpullthecurtain
07-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Now that the dust has settled I have decided.
Out of the first two waves I will be chasing down 3 of the BADs as loose figures.
That is all.
Not a good start to the year.

For me its gonna be none from wave 1. Unless the Biker Scout is better than it seems.

tanksmasher
07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
If the Scout trooper doesn't at least have ball-joint hips, it's an easy pass. He needs to look spectacular on the new speeder bike.

BXR_1138
07-19-2012, 09:54 PM
^He does have BH hips.

CaptainJack
07-20-2012, 08:53 AM
But one is already included with the Speederbike.

quinlanvos21
07-20-2012, 09:21 AM
This entire wave feels like a movie heroes wave.

tanksmasher
07-20-2012, 12:20 PM
^He does have BH hips.

It wasn't clear to me from the photos whether the one with the new bike had BH hips or not. I thought it could have been a repaint of the Shadow Scout Trooper. But if BH hips are the case, I won't need any more individual scout troops unless they have some really significant upgrades. And I mean significant.

Michael_Knight
07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
It wasn't clear to me from the photos whether the one with the new bike had BH hips or not. I thought it could have been a repaint of the Shadow Scout Trooper. But if BH hips are the case, I won't need any more individual scout troops unless they have some really significant upgrades. And I mean significant.

Yeah, I agree, it needs to have significant differences. In the case of this Scout Trooper they add articulation, +1, but then give him a shittier looking helmet, -2. I'd rather have another former version. It follows in line with the sentiments I have been hearing other forum members saying Hasbro takes one step forward then two steps back.

lordtyrannus
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
A better helmet (at least better painted) and matching joints would make this a must-have. As it stands, other than the BJ hips, the VTSC mold trumps this one, hands down.

Trooper31
07-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Maybe Hasbro is releasing the biker scout so quickly after the speederbike pack because they have a single speederbike set for the line in 2013?

That way people could pick up enough scouts for their speederbikes.

DarthJefe
08-04-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm still hoping the final Scout Troopers have properly-painted joints. Look at the improvements for Bespin Leia and Ahsoka from their Toy Fair debut.

As for this wave, I still feel like I'm in the minority when I say I like it.

Droidworld
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Sadly, this is really a boring wave, with a lot of peg warming potential; especially for a first wave, which retailers seem to over order, and Hasbro over produces. I hope AOTC does not put another nail in the coffin of SW Action Figures at retail.

(I'm getting it anyway, since Geonisis is one of the few PT locales, I plan to do a diorama of.)

Scarrviper
08-10-2012, 05:25 PM
This wave will very easily pegwarm I'm sure. Unfortunately we will be seeing a repeat of this year in 2013, since neither hasbro or the retailers want to learn or change.

Idpullthecurtain
08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
This wave will very easily pegwarm I'm sure. Unfortunately we will be seeing a repeat of this year in 2013, since neither hasbro or the retailers want to learn or change.

I agree. Why dont they ever make wave 1's really strong. Cos we can all get used to seeing these figures a lot, and its the worst wave in years.....

Droidworld
08-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree. Why dont they ever make wave 1's really strong. Cos we can all get used to seeing these figures a lot, and its the worst wave in years.....

I think the first wave of the 30th anniversary collection was the last, relatively strong one.

30-01: Darth Vader & 30th Anniversary Coin Album (http://www.rebelscum.com/tac01vader.asp)

30-02: Galactic Marine (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC02marine.asp)

30-03: Mustafar Lava Miner (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC03lavaminer.asp)

30-04: R2-D2 (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC04r2d2.asp)

30-05: Obi-Wan Kenobi (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC05obiwan.asp)

30-06: Mace Windu (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC06mace.asp)

30-07: Airborne Trooper (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC07airborne.asp)

30-08: Super Battle Droid (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC08SBD.asp)

30-09: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Stormtrooper (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC09McStorm.asp)

MightyMegs
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Soooooo... if the last vintage wave this fall is going straight to online-only... are they sending this wave out for the Christmas/holiday season? Or will the pegs (still) be bare?

Michael_Knight
08-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Soooooo... if the last vintage wave this fall is going straight to online-only... are they sending this wave out for the Christmas/holiday season? Or will the pegs (still) be bare?

Hopefully all the waves that came out after the TPM wave come out. Since TPM only one store around me stocked wave 2 and that was at TRU. Nothing else has shown up anywhere.

Krayt
08-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I think the first wave of the 30th anniversary collection was the last, relatively strong one.

30-01: Darth Vader & 30th Anniversary Coin Album (http://www.rebelscum.com/tac01vader.asp)

30-02: Galactic Marine (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC02marine.asp)

30-03: Mustafar Lava Miner (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC03lavaminer.asp)

30-04: R2-D2 (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC04r2d2.asp)

30-05: Obi-Wan Kenobi (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC05obiwan.asp)

30-06: Mace Windu (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC06mace.asp)

30-07: Airborne Trooper (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC07airborne.asp)

30-08: Super Battle Droid (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC08SBD.asp)

30-09: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Stormtrooper (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC09McStorm.asp)

Just curious, but what makes you say this was a strong wave?
You get the traditional figures: Vader, Obi-Wan and R2.
Army builder: Marine, Airborne and SBD
then three extra: Mace, Miner and McQ trooper

So what in that screams strong wave?

Droidworld
08-10-2012, 08:49 PM

IN its time, it sold through. ROTS was still hot, and the first McQ figure was exciting, and a desired re-pack. Only the overpriced coin book with Vader stuck around.

Zuma77
08-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Hopefully all the waves that came out after the TPM wave come out. Since TPM only one store around me stocked wave 2 and that was at TRU. Nothing else has shown up anywhere.

Yeah same here, nothing new since TPM wave, really want to pick up Nikto, Tarkin, and several others but they haven't shown up. :(

Idpullthecurtain
08-11-2012, 03:37 AM

I agree here, I would never describe this wave as strong. IMO any wave with way too many repacks in cannot be strong.

Darth_Brett
08-11-2012, 06:07 AM
The first wave of '09 (technically it started to hit the last few days of '08, but most didn't find it until February '09) was the strongest.

Ben Kenobi
Trinto Duaba w/Dice Ibegon
Luke Stormie
R2-L3 (BAD)
Pons Limbic
Han Stormie
Jawa w/Treadwell Droid
Spacetrooper
Wioslea
R5-A2 (BAD)

Idpullthecurtain
08-11-2012, 09:20 AM
The first wave of '09 (technically it started to hit the last few days of '08, but most didn't find it until February '09) was the strongest.

Ben Kenobi
Luke Stormie
R2-L3 (BAD)
Pons Limbic
Han Stormie
Jawa w/Treadwell Droid
Spacetrooper
Wioslea
R5-A2 (BAD)

That was an amazing wave. But I thought we were talking about the first wave of a new line?

Droidworld
08-11-2012, 09:56 AM

Ben Kenobi
Luke Stormie
R2-L3 (BAD)
Pons Limbic
Han Stormie
Jawa w/Treadwell Droid
Spacetrooper
Wioslea
R5-A2 (BAD)

I loved that wave!!!! But I don't consider it a first wave, of a new line (it was the fifth), and even with all the amazing OT goodness, Trinto, Pons, Wiolesea, and even Ben, lingered for a long while on the pegs.

I agree here, I would never describe this wave as strong. IMO any wave with way too many repacks in cannot be strong.

Darth was the only straight repack of wave I of the 30th Ann. Collection. Ben had a new head sculpt and accessories, and the McQ Stormtrooper had its deco and accessories greatly improved. And sure the Airbourne Trooper is a kitbash, with a new helmet, but with clones and astromechs, that's an all new figure to me. The rest were either entirely new, or with significant re-tooling and deco.

But my point was more about the last time Hasbro had a winning first wave, that didn't clog the pegs, and back up figures for the next year. TVC opened with major peg warmers, Legacy 1 opened with major pegwarmers, including Yarna, who is still around.

The 30th Anniversary Collection opened with a wave that sold well, and did not overstay its welcome.

Idpullthecurtain
08-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Darth was the only straight repack of wave I of the 30th Ann. Collection. Ben had a new head sculpt and accessories, and the McQ Stormtrooper had its deco and accessories greatly improved. And sure the Airbourne Trooper is a kitbash, with a new helmet, but with clones and astromechs, that's an all new figure to me. The rest were either entirely new, or with significant re-tooling and deco.

But my point was more about the last time Hasbro had a winning first wave, that didn't clog the pegs, and back up figures for the next year. TVC opened with major peg warmers, Legacy 1 opened with major pegwarmers, including Yarna, who is still around.

The 30th Anniversary Collection opened with a wave that sold well, and did not overstay its welcome.

Its all opinions, I wasnt really talking about rate of sales, I was just taking about validity of figure choices. To me they are repacks, but maybe they are technically kitbashes cos of minor alterations, but either way, it doesnt excite me like newly tooled figures do.

Its all about opinions, but it does surprise me that you cite that particular wave as a strong one, yet with me its one of the worst ever. I guess thats why is hard for Hasbro to please all collectors.

Krayt
08-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Its all opinions, I wasnt really talking about rate of sales, I was just taking about validity of figure choices. To me they are repacks, but maybe they are technically kitbashes cos of minor alterations, but either way, it doesnt excite me like newly tooled figures do.

Its all about opinions, but it does surprise me that you cite that particular wave as a strong one, yet with me its one of the worst ever. I guess thats why is hard for Hasbro to please all collectors.

I completely agree...
We are basing what is strong or not strong by our own opinion. Whether it sold through or sold well or poorly we truly don't know the numbers so we can't say how the numbers came out. So we are only basing things on what we think personally. Then getting into the validity of figure choice and I would argue that both those waves that have been mentioned are to OT for me personally. The McQ trooper from the one wave was a cool concept to introduce but nothing else from the wave stuck out at me. Then the other wave was entirely OT (ANH to be specific) and didn't have the diversity of PT and EU to really get me excited, sure I picked up some figures but nothing that screamed it was a great wave.

So looking to the first wave for next year. I look at it as some figures I am interested in getting, possibly some army builder potential and others I have no desire for. However, I will wait to hold of judgment as to whether Hasbro screwed up with the selection of figures to see how things sell first or if they just hang around like TPM

Droidworld
08-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Yes, its opinions, and I did not care much for the wave I believe was strong either. But there is no denying that it was either really popular, or they produced the right number of the right figures, and moved easily into wave two. It was good for Hasbro, good for retailers, and good for consumers, looking to get the next waves of figures.

That as not happened since, and I don't believe it's going to happen with Legacy 2013's first wave, which is mostly dull, and/or repacked. Perhaps if they limit the numbers, it can be as "strong" as the first wave of the 30th Anniversary collection was.

Droidworld
08-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Hmmmm. I didn't really think about why this was a good first wave, but i think you answered that.

Three Core characters, three Army Builders and three niche figures. Something for everyone. Mostly ROTS, which was still hot, and they did not over produce it. Things have gone south since then.

darthsatan
08-11-2012, 01:16 PM

Ben Kenobi
Luke Stormie
R2-L3 (BAD)
Pons Limbic
Han Stormie
Jawa w/Treadwell Droid
Spacetrooper
Wioslea
R5-A2 (BAD)

QFT!!
It was the last time I bought an entire wave and was also the first time that I had done so in some years. Good times.

darthsatan
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
To join the "no editing available" moaning bandwagon ----

I had wanted Wioslea forever and never really expected it to happen!

ScorpioAttack
08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
That was the same for me, actually. It's the only time I've ever bought an entire wave, and it's never happened before or since. Wasn't really that bothered by Wioslea or the Jawa, but got them anyway to complete the droids.

Masterfett
08-11-2012, 08:31 PM
That TLC wave was a good wave, although I still passed on Han, Luke, and the Spacetrooper.

IMO a strong wave isn't full of repacks even if they are Clones or Stormies, there needs to be more new stuff available for us who simply don't rebuy everything.

I still accept and understand there will be repacks, but they need to be more sparing with them and who they are.

lordtyrannus
08-12-2012, 10:13 AM
It's been at least a couple of years since any of the characters in Wave 1 were offered on single cards, and several of them were pretty hard to find. That, combined with the newer/better sculpts, and the fact that B.A.D. Collectors will HAVE to buy full sets, should help these move briskly.

Darth_Hatred89
08-17-2012, 06:12 PM
ok i have just this to say i like the wave but see alot of you arent to thrilled with it cause you guys and all are able to find everything still, where here in florida where i am we havent seen anything new since tpm wave so yea i mean id be perfectly happy to have your stores cause hasbro dont ship to florida apparently, but yea whoever doesnt want there stormies and clone hell send em my way lol =]

Krayt
08-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Being happy or unhappy with the first wave of next year has nothing to do with being able to get figures this year. You say Florida isn't good but Canada doesn't even get certain waves at all. The Tarkin wave never came here so if we want any figures from that wave then we have to order them online. TPM wave that Walmart got that included Aurra Sing never came here, so in Canada we were only going to get four of those eight figures released in Canada and now with that last wave going online we aren't seeing any of those eight on pegs up here. So don't give us the oh no we aren't getting this or that, because it's worse up here

As for the wave, a lot of people are just not happy with the character selection. How many names jump out at you and you say you really have to get that figure?

Darth_Hatred89
08-18-2012, 01:58 AM
look all im saying is we have not seen anything new since tpm wave and yes alot of the figures are apealing to i mean out of every wave theres like one figure i dont want and i love clones and imps so im good im nm of a ot fan i mean i love it but i love the clone era more lol

darthsatan
08-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Grammar is good.

Rukh
08-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Grammar is good.

The Snarkside is strong with you :P

darthsatan
08-18-2012, 05:31 AM
I do admit that insofar as intelligibility is concerned, I am a big fan.

Idpullthecurtain
08-18-2012, 06:13 AM
I do admit that insofar as intelligibility is concerned, I am a big fan.

Sorry man, but I cant resist.
You have used the "word" insofar, whilst commenting on intelligibility. ;)

darthsatan
08-18-2012, 02:03 PM
lolmyspacebarisbrokenmangivemeabreak

Maynard
08-20-2012, 09:23 AM
To me, the only real " necessary" figures in this wave are Luminara & Pablo Jill(who I actually could have done without if it came down to it. Sure the original one is not very articulated, but it looks perfectly fine when mixed into a Geonosis Arena diorama). The Arena Padme is ok I suppose, the old one isn't a great figure by any stretch, but it, again just like Pablo, it looked fine mixed in withe othe 25-45 Arena battle figures. A new Biker Sout was far from necessary, Cody's 224th Battalion trooper was done just a year ago(if anything, they cold have tried to redo the Paratrooper version from that Battalion, even though even that's perfectly done to me as well). Let see, what else? ENOUGH w/the darn TIE Pilots already. They are all identical, and it's just a slap in the face o keep renaming then with some stupid new gimmick & throwing the same repacked figure on a different card. The Phase I Troopers are getting to "that" point as well. Hasbro shoulda just thrown the 4 of them in a box set(just like the Podracers/Yavin Pilots etc). Then we have another R2, another Sandtrooper, another Su​n Fac?

Man oh man. If that doesn't spell out "Last Stop Coming Up, Everbody Off", I don't what does. I suppose if you just got into the hobby a year or so ago, then maybe I could the appeal, but still. For tose of us that have been around for since at least EpII hit, it's gotta feel like quitting time soon.

Droidworld
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Man oh man. If that doesn't spell out "Last Stop Coming Up, Everbody Off", I don't what does. I suppose if you just got into the hobby a year or so ago, then maybe I could the appeal, but still. For tose of us that have been around for since at least EpII hit, it's gotta feel like quitting time soon.

I don't really agree about which figures you chose as essential, and which are superfluous, but I do agree that the first two waves smack of the beginning of the end.

What really rings like a death knell for me, is the total lack of interest in this section of the forums. People seem interested in the next big vehicle, Comic packs, Articulation, Build a Cantina, but the top topics usually only have one or two comments added, about one or two of the 'new' figures.

Seems there is not really much buzz or interest in what Hasbro is doing with the main line of figures. Sad.

Krayt
08-20-2012, 01:41 PM
It might not be a death knell.
Hasbro had some great things moving forward but the economy tanked and it does seem that Hasbro is still trying to regroup in this line from that. There were waves/lines that were over produced and then we went through this year with an overproduced wave followed by a bunch that seem to be under produced. So Hasbro seems to be figuring out the balance that is needed moving forward. Yes, 2017 might very well be the end but I have been in this hobby for a long time now and I would really like to see it stick around. Only time will tell what the future holds

Droidworld
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
It has been almost five years of The Great Recession, and unlike many other companies, Hasbro has not figured out how to be leaner and meaner, with their number one, boys toy brand. Over producing, and over distributing crap, while under producing, and under distributing desirable figures. The tradition continues with the first two waves of Legacy II. We'll see how long their "winning" formula works for them.

I hope they go out with a bang, and not a whimper. A perfect close out would be the entire POTF with coin line, on Vintage card.

darthsatan
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
^ That is not fair. They've cut back massively on packaging and got shafted when the GI Joe 2 film was put back a year. Yes they've made mistakes, but who among us hasn't?

Droidworld
08-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Make a mistake once or twice, and it's a shame. Consistently making the same mistakes for five years, is shameful.

Droidworld
08-20-2012, 05:08 PM
And GI Joe 2 is also produced by Hasbro's Entertainment division, so any delays or product distribution problems there, is internal, not external.

And while we are on that topic, Hasbro's 'managing' their summer blockbuster figures, at the expense of their most successful line, Star Wars, is preposterous. Yet another juggling act they haven't figured out in five years.

Maynard
08-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I know they have they have the license until 2017 or '18, but onestly, I wouldn't mind if they ran up the TVC Line to, say, 200- maybe 250 or so and called it a day on the regular release of 3-3/4" figures. Maybe continue with the kid's stuff such as Galactic Heroes, those little Fighter Pod things, kid sized masks, guns, etc and just kinda called it quits on the figures.

Id say a perfect option would be to continue with the kids stuff & maybe put out a "special" 6-10 figure 3-3/4" wave with maybe a new vehicle every now & then. Once a year? Twice a year? I don't know. Maybe something around Oct-Nov for the holiday season, then something 'round late January-Feb as a "New Years Special", & maybe 1 summer special item or something similar. Say a wave of figures and a medium or large sized vehicle/beast/playset each time.

But overall, my idea is basically saying: "Cut it waaaaay back". Before many of us just say: You know what, 27 Vaders is enough, 22 Hans is enough, 14 Chewies is enough, 5 versions of Cody & his same trooper over & over again is enough and we just call it quits altogether. I know if this keeps up; "this" meaning remake after remake, or the same figure with a finger pointing in a new direction, or more multi-figure-packs that include 1 new figure, or some other gimmick like putting the Death Star Conference pack on single cards (we all know that that's coming at some point---and I already replace all of mine with articulated knees, so thanks but no thanks Hasbro), I'm gonna call it a day. I mean, heck, even at this point right now, I can make literally ANY SCENE/DIORAMA I want and it will be 100% complete looking without any major figure lacking. Can anyone really say otherwise, that there is a figure out there that desperately NEEDS to be made.

darthsatan
08-23-2012, 01:21 PM
my idea is basically saying: "Cut it waaaaay back"

But they already have.

my_kind_of_scum
08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
y. I mean, heck, even at this point right now, I can make literally ANY SCENE/DIORAMA I want and it will be 100% complete looking without any major figure lacking. Can anyone really say otherwise, that there is a figure out there that desperately NEEDS to be made.

Depends on what you mean by "need.". To me, nearly all of my dioramas (particularly prequel dios) are still missing a lot of background characters that are visually quite important even if not story important. And I am still in it for those.

Of course, that's kind of a moot point since hasbro has been doing so few all-new characters for quite some time now...

Scockery
08-23-2012, 01:59 PM
It has been almost five years of The Great Recession, and unlike many other companies, Hasbro has not figured out how to be leaner and meaner, with their number one, boys toy brand. Over producing, and over distributing crap, while under producing, and under distributing desirable figures. The tradition continues with the first two waves of Legacy II. We'll see how long their "winning" formula works for them.

And developing the AMP'D line which has apparently been cancelled before its release.

Wishing_Well
08-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Whats this AMP'd line you guys speak of?

trandoshanhunter
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Whats this AMP'd line you guys speak of?
It was these silly toys that are believed to be cancelled.
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/2/3/1/8/starwars-ampd_1328897567.jpg

Pete_Fett
08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
It was these silly toys that are believed to be cancelled.
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/2/3/1/8/starwars-ampd_1328897567.jpg

It just kills them (Hasbro) that the building-block license for Star Wars is in the hands of Lego - otherwise, I'm sure we'd have seen Kre-o Star Wars sets by now....

In the latest Curto/Burns podcast - they interview DDP and he seems to hint that these are permanently "on hold" - so to me that definitely means "cancelled".

I wish they would stop with experimenting with "cool and new" segments.

Deathbymonkeys
08-24-2012, 01:30 AM
It just kills them (Hasbro) that the building-block license for Star Wars is in the hands of Lego - otherwise, I'm sure we'd have seen Kre-o Star Wars sets by now....

In the latest Curto/Burns podcast - they interview DDP and he seems to hint that these are permanently "on hold" - so to me that definitely means "cancelled".

Thats just about the worst wish I've ever heard.

Michael_Knight
08-24-2012, 12:31 PM

They probably sat a bunch of young kids around in those pre-launch toy tests and the kids probably chucked them and screamed, "Where's my LEGOS!!!!"

Masterfett
08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
But they already have.
Agreed, if they cut back anymore there wont be any new figures at all.

Just 26 repacks per year!

Droidworld
08-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey, Hasbro! I can cut back too.

DagMarus
08-25-2012, 01:28 PM
The Speeder Bike is really the only thing of interest here. I'd get at least 3.

homer_sapien
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm fine with only one of them. Unless they come out with new Endor (ponchos and helmets) versions of Luke and Leia.

Idpullthecurtain
08-27-2012, 02:47 AM
Doesnt Hasbro need to switch things around and release this wave in Autumn 2012 to coincide with the AOTC theatrical release?

Wave 1:

Anakin Skywalker - AOTC (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083954/)
Battle Droid - Geonosis (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084062/)
Clone Trooper (Ph1)- Sergeant (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083953/)
Clone Trooper (Ph2) - 212th Battalion (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084063/)
Geonosian Warrior (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084060/)
R2-D2 - Geonosis (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083968/)
Luminara Unduli (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083999/)
Pablo Jill (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077715/)
Padme Amidala - Arena Battle (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083967/)
Sandtrooper (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084061/)
Scout Trooper (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083970/)
TIE Pilot - Vader's Wingman (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084059/)

CaptainRex2a
08-27-2012, 05:00 AM
I will only get Pablo Jill and 212th clone trooper.

Trooper31
08-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Doesnt Hasbro need to switch things around and release this wave in Autumn 2012 to coincide with the AOTC theatrical release?

Wave 1:

Anakin Skywalker - AOTC (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083954/)
Battle Droid - Geonosis (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084062/)
Clone Trooper (Ph1)- Sergeant (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083953/)
Clone Trooper (Ph2) - 212th Battalion (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084063/)
Geonosian Warrior (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084060/)
R2-D2 - Geonosis (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083968/)
Luminara Unduli (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083999/)
Pablo Jill (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077715/)
Padme Amidala - Arena Battle (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083967/)
Sandtrooper (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084061/)
Scout Trooper (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083970/)
TIE Pilot - Vader's Wingman (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084059/)

They will probably have a special card design for the film and repack the AOTC figures for the fall.

Idpullthecurtain
08-27-2012, 06:05 AM
They will probably have a special card design for the film and repack the AOTC figures for the fall.

Maybe, but if thats the case then why also release this wave a few months before. Now with the timescale of the theatrical releases revealed, its seems like a bad selection.

Trooper31
08-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I guess Hasbro assumed like we did that the film would hit in Feb., however, since there's no Obni-Wan, Jango, and Dooku in that wave, I'm thinking that maybe Hasbro was able to shift gears quickly enough and pull some things for the fall. Not that any of those three would have to be new, but people questioned the addition of the sandtrooper again as well as the biker scout so soon after the TRU release. They might have planned those two for later in the year, but then brought them forward to fill in the case and make it less AOTC-ish.

I don't think Hasbro can change anything at this point, but there could always be a special fall announcement that the wave 1 line-up is being changed. They might have decided to play it out through CVI and then in the fall they could change gears and mix up the line again. Didn't they do something like that before?

Did I read somewhere that there could be a delay of figures in the new year or was that only the TCW and MH figures?

K3PO
08-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Only one in this wave I'll be getting is Padme. This sad!

pohatu771
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll be getting all of them, though a bit reluctantly with the TIE Pilot.

Scarrviper
08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I'll be picking up 0 of these, except for maybe the biker scout. I already have 6 of the previous version.

Lord_kain
08-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Looking foward to Luminara and Pablo the rest are pretty dull will probley get Anakin, Padme and some Troopers maybe......

Trooper31
08-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Once these hit, it will be interesting to see how many of them we actually buy because we really want the droid parts.

Lord_kain
08-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Im bored of astromechs now though hope we get a BAD C3PO...

Trooper31
08-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Over at JTA someone asked that and Hasbro said LFL does not want C-3PO broken up like that. However, I'd love to see them take the BAD protocoal mold and use it for a Bespin C-3PO.

Scarrviper
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Over at JTA someone asked that and Hasbro said LFL does not want C-3PO broken up like that. However, I'd love to see them take the BAD protocoal mold and use it for a Bespin C-3PO.

Another example of LFL nonsense. That answer makes no sense. Why would they not want hasbro to release a C-3PO that can be fully disassembled as he was in ESB?

SolidSnakeEyes
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Another example of LFL nonsense. That answer makes no sense. Why would they not want hasbro to release a C-3PO that can be fully disassembled as he was in ESB?

I don't think it's the idea of the figure having a break apart feature, so much as it's the idea of having the character presented as something other than the main focus. That's just how I took it, though.

pohatu771
08-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah. C-3PO is an almost guaranteed seller, but not necessarily incentive to buy six figures to get all of his parts like a droid that has never been done and will never be done again.

Making him from BAD parts is fine, but it has to be released as a complete figure. In that case, I see it as part of a multi-pack, rather than a carded figure, at least in a line that includes parts.

Idpullthecurtain
08-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah. C-3PO is an almost guaranteed seller, but not necessarily incentive to buy six figures to get all of his parts like a droid that has never been done and will never be done again.

Making him from BAD parts is fine, but it has to be released as a complete figure. In that case, I see it as part of a multi-pack, rather than a carded figure, at least in a line that includes parts.

They never have made one of the main droids a pack in BAD. Maybe that makes it unlikely now.

Droidworld
08-28-2012, 01:35 PM
People get mildly peeved to majorly pissed off as it is, trying to piece together complete Build a Droids. If the pack-in BAD was a main character like Threepio, and one of the pieces, like his head say, came with a hot selling army builder, their would be a LOT of angry parents, kids and collectors.

Anyway, I hope TVC version of Threepio comes out in AOTC paint. Always thought it was meant to be.

Idpullthecurtain
08-28-2012, 01:37 PM
People get mildly peeved to majorly pissed off as it is, trying to piece together complete Build a Droids. If the pack-in BAD was a main character like Threepio, and one of the pieces, like his head say, came with a hot selling army builder, their would be a LOT of angry parents, kids and collectors.

Anyway, I hope TVC version of Threepio comes out in AOTC paint. Always thought it was meant to be.

We havent had a C3-P0 for a long time, I would expect one soon in the basic line.

darthsatan
08-28-2012, 01:54 PM
One of his signature characteristics in the films is that he's always broken/ under construction/ in bits.
That mode fits B-A-D to a tee!
LFL are seemingly increasingly bonkers.

matto
08-28-2012, 04:01 PM

I understand that for sure, but I feel like at least C-3PO is a reason to try and build a droid. Many of the others are so random that its not of interest to build. I for 1 would like to see him over many of these others.

pohatu771
08-28-2012, 09:34 PM
They never have made one of the main droids a pack in BAD. Maybe that makes it unlikely now.

Either you misunderstood me, or I'm misunderstanding you.

If a C-3PO is made with BAD parts, it shouldn't be parts included with single figures. That's what Lucasfilm is saying. I'm saying that figure should be included with an Ultimte Battle Pack, or something like that, rather than a single card. A whole figure made of BAD parts shouldn't include another BAD part, because that suggests the extra part is an accessory for the main figure.

K-3PO was made of BAD parts in Defense of Hoth, and that was appropriate. For a "main" droid, R2-D2 was in Royal Starship Droids as a BAD, so 3PO should be included in a similar pack... Since he can be taken apart, a Bespin-themed pack would be most appropriate.

Masterfett
08-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah they probably mean they don't want 3PO broken up and pieced out like normal BAD's, he is one that needs to be sold as a regular figure.

I do find it interesting that upon BAD's return we get a year full of cheap crap like repaints and repacks though.
Hasbro must think that we love the concept so much that we wont mid buying junk just to get the Droid parts!

CaptainJack
08-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah they probably mean they don't want 3PO broken up and pieced out like normal BAD's, he is one that needs to be sold as a regular figure.
That's exactly what they mean. It has nothing to do with the sculpt. It's about having a main character sold in pieces.

Idpullthecurtain
08-29-2012, 09:51 AM

If a C-3PO is made with BAD parts, it shouldn't be parts included with single figures. That's what Lucasfilm is saying. I'm saying that figure should be included with an Ultimte Battle Pack, or something like that, rather than a single card. A whole figure made of BAD parts shouldn't include another BAD part, because that suggests the extra part is an accessory for the main figure.

K-3PO was made of BAD parts in Defense of Hoth, and that was appropriate. For a "main" droid, R2-D2 was in Royal Starship Droids as a BAD, so 3PO should be included in a similar pack... Since he can be taken apart, a Bespin-themed pack would be most appropriate.

Then it is me, I dont understadn what you mean. Are you saying C3P0 shouldnt be made up of BAD parts?

SolidSnakeEyes
08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Then it is me, I dont understadn what you mean. Are you saying C3P0 shouldnt be made up of BAD parts?

No, just that 3P0 shouldn't be released AS a BAD, split up among figures in a wave. He is saying that if 3P0 were to be released using BAD parts, that he should be released in a battle pack.

That's my thinking on it, too.

Idpullthecurtain
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
No, just that 3P0 shouldn't be released AS a BAD, split up among figures in a wave. He is saying that if 3P0 were to be released using BAD parts, that he should be released in a battle pack.

That's my thinking on it, too.

I'm not sure how much sense any of that that makes. But it does seem like Hasbro has specifically decided not to release 3P0 split up in the past, so it seems likely they may do not do it again.

SolidSnakeEyes
08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure how much sense any of that that makes. But it does seem like Hasbro has specifically decided not to release 3P0 split up in the past, so it seems likely they may do not do it again.

I think LFL just doesn't want to have a main character like 3P0 sold in any way other than as a main offering. BAD parts might be viewed as "accessories," or strictly as a method of providing secondary characters that wouldn't sell as main figures in a wave. I get where they may be coming from, but it doesn't mean I totally agree with it.
I guess it's like offering Robin as a BAF in a Batman figure line.
Also, it seems to make sense to put a 3P0 that's made up of BAD parts in a battlepack, so they can release him with a Chewie, and possibly with a sack to put 3P0s parts in for Chewie to carry. I totally get that, and it would provide obvious play value for anyone who bought the battlepack.

Idpullthecurtain
08-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I think LFL just doesn't want to have a main character like 3P0 sold in any way other than as a main offering. BAD parts might be viewed as "accessories," or strictly as a method of providing secondary characters that wouldn't sell as main figures in a wave. I get where they may be coming from, but it doesn't mean I totally agree with it.
I guess it's like offering Robin as a BAF in a Batman figure line.
Also, it seems to make sense to put a 3P0 that's made up of BAD parts in a battlepack, so they can release him with a Chewie, and possibly with a sack to put 3P0s parts in for Chewie to carry. I totally get that, and it would provide obvious play value for anyone who bought the battlepack.

I wouldnt have thought a "whole" BAD 3P0 has to only be released in a battlepack. Its a great sculpt and I dont follow the logic that it cant come carded.

CaptainJack
08-29-2012, 11:48 AM
I wouldnt have thought a "whole" BAD 3P0 has to only be released in a battlepack. Its a great sculpt and I dont follow the logic that it cant come carded.
It can. This is all about having him split up and packed in with other figures. If Hasbro wanted to use the BAD sculpt to release a single-carded C-3PO, they can.

Idpullthecurtain
08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
It can. This is all about having him split up and packed in with other figures. If Hasbro wanted to use the BAD sculpt to release a single-carded C-3PO, they can.

Right, but I am responding to pohatu771 who is saying it cant.

Droidworld
08-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Right, but I am responding to pohatu771 who is saying it cant.

BAD Sculpt vs BAD Concept.

BAD Sculpt is fine for Threepio. BAD Marketing Concept is not; according to LFL.

Idpullthecurtain
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
BAD Sculpt vs BAD Concept.

BAD Sculpt is fine for Threepio. BAD Marketing Concept is not; according to LFL.

Lol, people keep quoting me. I know. ^^^ Thats what I am saying. Its pohatu771 that is suggesting otherwise.

CaptainJack
08-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Lol, people keep quoting me. I know. ^^^ Thats what I am saying. Its pohatu771 that is suggesting otherwise.
Stop arguing and accept that we're right.

Idpullthecurtain
08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Stop arguing and accept that we're right.

Have you been drinking today?

SolidSnakeEyes
08-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Have you been drinking today?

Well, his name is Captain Jack.

"Captain Jack will get you high tonight..."

Trooper31
08-31-2012, 04:43 AM

If a C-3PO is made with BAD parts, it shouldn't be parts included with single figures. That's what Lucasfilm is saying. I'm saying that figure should be included with an Ultimte Battle Pack, or something like that, rather than a single card. A whole figure made of BAD parts shouldn't include another BAD part, because that suggests the extra part is an accessory for the main figure..

I think what's being said is that LFL does not want people to buy 6 figures and get a piece of 3PO with each figure. We all get that.

What's being suggested here is that if Hasbro offered C-3PO as a complete single carded figure using the BAD mold and he came with some droid part, people might think that the droid part is supposed to be used with the C-3PO figure.

However, they could place him with an astromech head and no one would think that part was to be used with 3PO.

For me, I'd just like to see the BAD form used to make C-3PO because I think it's the best version of that kind of protocol droid (he can hold things in his hands).

homer_sapien
08-31-2012, 03:19 PM

I'd buy it if they put out a BAD C-3PO assembled on a single card along with the backpack for Chewie to carry to carry the parts around in.

Sybeck1
08-31-2012, 05:46 PM

Probably the best place for BAD 3PO is in a "Bespin Escape" BP, Have him on Chewy's back with a new BE Leia and a retooled Lando

O3PO
08-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Another C-3PO type build a droid wave would be a bad idea where certain figures would be hard to find in stores and then months later be found on the internet. For example look at the CPX droid factory where you could only find like 2 of the sets in stores like the Hoth Han with the red protocol droid and Boba Fett with that weird protocol droid with the open chest area or was that Darth Vader with that one protocol droid packed together?

pohatu771
08-31-2012, 09:56 PM
BAD C-3PO is fine on a card, but not during a Droid Factory series.

TVC R5-D4 is the same way. No problem as a TVC figure, but a BAD figure with a spare part in Legacy is opening the door for a bit of confusion.

During a Droid Factory series, like the one we're going into, BAD figure sold as a completed figure should be in a Battle Pack, or a vehicle pack-in, or anywhere but a single card that includes an extra piece.

pohatu771
08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
And for the record, I've been an advocate of a BAD Threepio since I got the Defense of Hoth pack and held a complete BAD protocol droid. It's not a perfect sculpt, but it's better than the Ewok Throne version, and has better articulation that the TVC version.

Idpullthecurtain
09-01-2012, 10:33 AM
This entire wave!
http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif

General_Solo76
09-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I know alot of people have been complaining about the figure selection, but I'll probably pick up a fair number of Legacy Collection figs just do to the fact that I didn't start collecting again until Jan 2011! It's unfortunate for you guys who want new figs, but they're new to me, and I have alot of catching up to do.

Wishing_Well
09-02-2012, 08:23 AM
This scout trooper is the new one right? Who wouldn't buy it?

lordtyrannus
09-02-2012, 08:47 AM

I would've wanted this ball jointed Scout Trooper so bad, but the black joints in the white armor on the shoulders, and the lacking paint apps on the helmet (done very well on the previous versions) are deal breakers on this one. So close, yet so far.

FDOIRex
09-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Buying the AOTC figures. Pass on the rest

Idpullthecurtain
09-02-2012, 03:32 PM

Amazingly its not new. Or it doesnt seem like it anyway.

Trooper31
09-03-2012, 04:56 AM
BAD C-3PO is fine on a card, but not during a Droid Factory series.

We really don't have to worry about this because Hasbro needs to release a take apart C-3PO with carrying net in the TVC line, so I don't see any kind of 3PO like this until TVC is back/ESB 3-D comes.

I thought the scout trooper had bj hips now, although the rest is the same?

JediMerc
09-03-2012, 07:23 AM
I thought the scout trooper had bj hips now, although the rest is the same?

I was thinking/expecting the same thing; however, I haven't seen production slides that give us a closeup confirmation that this Biker Scout has the ball-joint hips.

The one being released with the TRU exclusive speeder bike does, but I'm not sure about this one...anyone seen better photos or heard confirmation of new hips on this figure?

lordtyrannus
09-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I was thinking/expecting the same thing; however, I haven't seen production slides that give us a closeup confirmation that this Biker Scout has the ball-joint hips.

The one being released with the TRU exclusive speeder bike does, but I'm not sure about this one...anyone seen better photos or heard confirmation of new hips on this figure?

Here's a pic of the back where you can see the BJ hips. Plus, Hasbro confirmed in a Q&A with one of the sites at SDCC that the figure in Wave 1 is the same as figure with the Speeder Bike:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/sdcc-san-diego-comic-con-2012/july13/pages/SDCC12-Hasbro-July13060.html

K3PO
09-03-2012, 09:00 AM

I can name one. This is a boring wave. Only one I will get it Arena Padme loose. The rest, pass. But that's just me.

my_kind_of_scum
09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I will pick up a couple of the scouts, but won't really army build it as I don't see it as a huge improvement over the last version.

Idpullthecurtain
09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Here's a pic of the back where you can see the BJ hips. Plus, Hasbro confirmed in a Q&A with one of the sites at SDCC that the figure in Wave 1 is the same as figure with the Speeder Bike:

San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Gallery - JediTempleArchives.com (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/sdcc-san-diego-comic-con-2012/july13/pages/SDCC12-Hasbro-July13060.html)

Can you really see BJ hips there, cos I cant.

lordtyrannus
09-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Can you really see BJ hips there, cos I cant.

Yes, and I also saw it in the glass case at C6. The hips are ball jointed, hence the large "crotch gap" (sounds bad, I know) that you see in the photo, similar to Bespin Han's.

darthsatan
09-03-2012, 11:40 AM
The neck is new too I think.

It's all just SOOOOOO exciting!!!

not

Idpullthecurtain
09-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes, and I also saw it in the glass case at C6. The hips are ball jointed, hence the large "crotch gap" (sounds bad, I know) that you see in the photo, similar to Bespin Han's.

Oh ok I guess you are right. I hope that is the case.

The "butt" does look very different to this pic;
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC/tscVscoutbk.jpg

lordtyrannus
09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
The neck is new too I think.

It's all just SOOOOOO exciting!!!

not

I agree. I hope they sneak a few new characters or aliens in future waves. These are good but dull beyond words.

Masterfett
09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
TVC R5-D4 is the same way. No problem as a TVC figure, but a BAD figure with a spare part in Legacy is opening the door for a bit of confusion.

During a Droid Factory series, like the one we're going into, BAD figure sold as a completed figure should be in a Battle Pack, or a vehicle pack-in, or anywhere but a single card that includes an extra piece.
I don't get this statement, are we truly that dense as GL assumes?

You mean to tell me that there is actually someone who would be confused as to why the BAD piece is included with a Droid?
I don't see how, because the Droid on the card has a name and is all one piece.
And the BAD piece is shown to be one of 5 or 6 pieces, and who it builds, and to collect them all.

No wonder LFL/GL sets up guidelines like they do, they believe we're all bumbling idiots or confused morons.

Trooper31
09-04-2012, 05:57 AM
It's really too bad that the wave is so boring, although I'm not really sure what else Hasbro has for 2013 that would make the exciting at this point.

CaptainJack
09-04-2012, 08:43 AM
You mean to tell me that there is actually someone who would be confused as to why the BAD piece is included with a Droid?
No. Hasbro never said this. One person misunderstood what was actually said, and has continued to defend it for no particular reason.

Wishing_Well
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
So we are discussing figures butts, sweeeet.

GNT
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
No wonder LFL/GL sets up guidelines like they do, they believe we're all bumbling idiots or confused morons.

It's probably why Hasbro is always laughing to the back, because people are suckers when it comes to Hasbro reissuing figures for the 15th time...they know people will buy it over and over again.

Trooper31
09-05-2012, 01:41 AM
It's probably why Hasbro is always laughing to the back, because people are suckers when it comes to Hasbro reissuing figures for the 15th time...they know people will buy it over and over again.

That's one of the biggest problems from our side.

GrandAdmiralJSK
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
This wave is very underwhelming for me. Maybe a Scout Trooper, maybe. And probably Padme, that is about it. Very disappointed in this wave.

Trooper31
09-06-2012, 07:22 AM
For me the question is still, did Hasbro assume that AOTC was going to be in Feb and then had to rearrange everything, but had some figures they couldn't hold back?

I guess Hasbro said we wouldn't see pure AOTC waves like with TPM, so maybe they had 18 or so AOTC figures planned for the year and they're spreading them out over all the waves.

CaptainJack
09-06-2012, 11:10 AM
For me the question is still, did Hasbro assume that AOTC was going to be in Feb and then had to rearrange everything, but had some figures they couldn't hold back?

I guess Hasbro said we wouldn't see pure AOTC waves like with TPM, so maybe they had 18 or so AOTC figures planned for the year and they're spreading them out over all the waves.
I think this is all they had planned. Movie Heroes was supposed to pick up the slack with kid-friendly AOTC repacks. Maybe there were more figures slated for a DTF-type line, but I can't imagine any retailer would jump on that after the complete failure of the TPM one.
Maybe KMart.

Trooper31
09-07-2012, 04:55 AM
I have a feeling they might have had initial plans for a DTF type wave, but axed it after the TPM poor showing at retail. I don't know if any of these figures might have been originally planned for a DTF type wave or not.

As much as that wave sat, I really liked the idea to an extent.

CaptainJack
09-07-2012, 08:47 AM
It wasn't a bad idea, but there were some key factors working against it. It was overproduced. We knew the most desirable figures would show up again on vintage cards. And it included characters that were also appearing in large numbers in both VC and Movie Heroes. It was a perfect storm of poor planning.

FDOIRex
09-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm really sad that AOTC and ROTS got the short end of the stick when it comes to toys for their 3D movies because Hasbro royally screwed up on TPM

Idpullthecurtain
09-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm really sad that AOTC and ROTS got the short end of the stick when it comes to toys for their 3D movies because Hasbro royally screwed up on TPM

Yeah but are there really many AOTC and ROTS figures you really want?

lordtyrannus
09-09-2012, 07:59 PM

This is true. Eeth Koth would've been a nice update for AOTC, and there's a couple of majorly needed Palpatine figures from ROTS. And, I do like the AOTC and ROTS clone updates and the B.A.D. figures. Still, I guess I was holding out hope for a cool background alien or two that we hadn't seen as a figure yet, but after TPM failed, I can understand their cautiousness.

Trooper31
09-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Since AOTC and ROTS are really Jedi heavy, I'm sure we'll see more in the fall.

At this point, there's very little from AOTC or ROTS that interests me, so having mixed waves could give me something to look forward to in the fall. However, if they continue with mixed waves through the OT, then we'll see if I'm still happy about it.

roto2
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
hope next year new figures are made, because im tired of short updates in already known characters

Masterfett
09-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Tell me about it, not to mention they didn't even release figures we were most interested in!
For example Panaka, Adi Gallia, and Eeth Koth should have been included, instead of making new limited articulated molds that almost no one is buying.

Um yes actually.

AOTC:
Cliegg Lars (not big on my list but has a following)
Mari Amithest
Lumas Etima (arguably a CW candidate)
Queen Jamillia
Sarrissa Jeng
Tan Yuster
Twi'lek Male Jedi (TCW Jedi Army) More Alien Jedi are always welcome
Watto

ROTS:
Bene
Cin Drallig
Commander Bacara
Commander Bly
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Queen Apailana
Saesee Tiin
Shaak Ti
Tarfull
Whie Malreaux
Wookiee Warrior
Zett Jukassa (much needed update, and could share sculpt with Tan Yuster)

That's just for starters, I could go for even more obscure backgrouders.
Unfortunately they probably don't have a chance to be made.

FDOIRex
09-15-2012, 04:11 PM

Mainly the Outlander Club stuff. A new Dex and Taun We/Lama Su would be cool, as well as a resculpt of AOTC Anakin and (less so) Obi-Wan.

I was hoping to get some of that in 2013, like how we got Vos and Sing this year.

Idpullthecurtain
09-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Tell me about it, not to mention they didn't even release figures we were most interested in!
For example Panaka, Adi Gallia, and Eeth Koth should have been included, instead of making new limited articulated molds that almost no one is buying.

Um yes actually.

AOTC:
Cliegg Lars (not big on my list but has a following)
Mari Amithest
Lumas Etima (arguably a CW candidate)
Queen Jamillia
Sarrissa Jeng
Tan Yuster
Twi'lek Male Jedi (TCW Jedi Army) More Alien Jedi are always welcome
Watto

ROTS:
Bene
Cin Drallig
Commander Bacara
Commander Bly
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Queen Apailana
Saesee Tiin
Shaak Ti
Tarfull
Whie Malreaux
Wookiee Warrior
Zett Jukassa (much needed update, and could share sculpt with Tan Yuster)

That's just for starters, I could go for even more obscure backgrouders.
Unfortunately they probably don't have a chance to be made.

"Um" thats my point. You are going really really obscure there, and even then thats all anyone can come up with. If you compare that to other movies, like OT ones, if you get really obscure with the choices there are dozens and dozens. The point is, there arent a huge amount of AOTC and ROTS figures to cover.

Waggy
09-16-2012, 11:19 AM
The point is, there arent a huge amount of AOTC and ROTS figures to cover.

I understand this but technology has moved some way since. I would love to get the caliber we have been receiving with most of TVC with some ROTS. There are no doubt lots of collectors new to the game who want an opportunity that others did many years ago. I like to buy the best figure possible of a particular character with most the flaws ironed out.

But as I read MasterFetts comment I hope that the TPM debacle hasn't ruined these chances.

Idpullthecurtain
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
But as I read MasterFetts comment I hope that the TPM debacle hasn't ruined these chances.

Well that brings us to the bigger point. There just isnt the consumer base for PT product like there is for OT. The reason we have had endless obscure subjects from OT films is the fan base. It simply doesnt exist for PT in the same sort of numbers. And thus it seems that PT stuff doesnt sell well.

darthsatan
09-16-2012, 11:57 AM
"Um" thats my point. You are going really really obscure there, and even then thats all anyone can come up with.

Not only that, but it's full of damn resculpts as well!

This coming from a PT fan also.

AgentClaret
09-16-2012, 03:03 PM
GNT, can you update the first post of this thread with some kind of breakdown of this wave (same for wave 2)?

I haven't had the enthusiasm to follow this stuff real closely this year and there's already quite a few pages in this thread already...

GNT
09-16-2012, 05:33 PM
No worries, I usually do but haven't had a chance yet. I'll add them all later today :)

Trooper31
09-17-2012, 04:11 AM
hope next year new figures are made, because im tired of short updates in already known characters

This is a big problem with the line. Too many incremental improvements and after 5 years of that, you ask yourself, why did I buy all the other versions?

GrandAdmiralJSK
12-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Ugh, this wave is so underwhelming, and that seems to be a semi-consensus in this thread. And they will probably have a crap-ton of it on shelves and it won't sell, and we will start off with a repeat of vintage. They really need to release two waves upfront at launch, for a longer period of time, to give a better selection.

Padme Arena is about all I care about here.

Trooper31
12-04-2012, 06:09 AM
I like the idea of having two waves released at the same time. At this point we don't know which figures will round out wave 2, but I'm sure Anakin and probably R2 will carry forward and maybe a couple of troopers as well. Maybe Hasbro will carry forward some TVC figures on the new cards to round out that second wave.

Meesa_Mike
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I like the idea of having two waves released at the same time. At this point we don't know which figures will round out wave 2, but I'm sure Anakin and probably R2 will carry forward and maybe a couple of troopers as well. Maybe Hasbro will carry forward some TVC figures on the new cards to round out that second wave.

I agree that two waves should be released at the same time around February. They should clear out any remnants of TPM and start anew. With the combination of 2 waves, it'll be a little more interesting if they release two dud waves one after another and then release a blow-your-socks off wave for wave 3 with no carry forwards unless they are ERGs. I can dream.

my_kind_of_scum
12-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I agree that two waves should be released at the same time around February. They should clear out any remnants of TPM and start anew. With the combination of 2 waves, it'll be a little more interesting if they release two dud waves one after another and then release a blow-your-socks off wave for wave 3 with no carry forwards unless they are ERGs. I can dream.

They've done it before, though not for the last few years, honestly. Hasbro says they've learned their lesson on overproducing wave ones. We can only hope it's true and they have a normal sized run of wave one followed quickly by (if not simultaneous with) wave two. (And then we have to hope that wave three and beyond have more interesting character choices than one and two...) Honestly, neither the ESB or TPM waves would have pegwarmed much if they hadn't both been overproduced (and carried forward so aggressively). With the exact same pile-up happening two years in a row, You would have to think that Hasbro gets it now.

You know, I was looking again at the figures for this first wave and maybe I've been too harsh. Putting in that many troop builders and a few highly requested re-dos may actually make for a smart move for Hasbro. Very few army builders tend to languish on shelves unless they are heavily over-shipped (which Hasbro says this wave will not be) and most of the rest of the characters should move pretty well.

Sure, the wave is boring - troop builders we've seen recently, no all-new characters at all (not even ONE new character in this wave, Hasbro??) - but it's certainly not the worst wave they've launched a line with. I know I tend to army build a little more heavily when I get droid parts included... *IF* Hasbro really does keep the production numbers down, I could see this wave having a good sell-through. (Maybe not the sandtrooper...) The problem is that wave 2 is again pretty boring with a lot of "safe" choices and very little new. If they don't sprinkle in some more exciting stuff in later waves, it could hurt them.

And with that, I went back into negativity. lol. I just wanted to say that if you take a step back and look at the wave from the point of view of a parent or casual collector, it really isn't a bad first wave at all. Keep a normal production level and I think these could really move.

Law
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Good points. And you've also made me realize -- as frustrating and disappointing as it is -- the fact that the waves are WHOLLY boring could be a good thing. What leads to frustrating pegwarmers is not just "dull figures" or "overproduced figures" but disproportionate figure ratios. When you have one really cool figure in a wave, four new cases go out, all four or eight of that figure disappear, and the rest sit. And with every new case someone gets for that good figure, more figures languish.

A wave that's designed to sell EVENLY -- composed entirely of army-builders or the safe predictable choice -- may be a good move. Of course, to keep this up, they'll either have ot release nothing but dul waves from here on out, or somehow put out a wave of entirely new, cool figures that will also sell evenly... and I'm not sure they have that in them anymore....

GNT
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
And they will probably have a crap-ton of it on shelves and it won't sell, and we will start off with a repeat of vintage.

Well it'd be like every other Star Wars line they've released in the last few years...heaps of product on the shelves that'll sit for months. Stores should really under-order this wave and that way we'll see future waves in decent numbers.

ThallJoben
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be onboard for the Legacy Collection. I have mixed feelings about this, but may get at least some of the figures because:

- TVC extreme drought that we had this year. I'm ready for some new figures, even if they're resculpts and/or IMHO bland figures.

- The BAD aspect. It will be nice to get some new droids out of this, even if I may be getting figures that I wouldn't otherwise.

That being said, I am less enthusiastic about this line than I have been for any of the previous SW POTF2-on lines. Unless they wow us with some never-before-made figures or some amazing resculpts, I have a feeling 2013 will be a relatively uneventful/dull year for some SW collectors...

Trooper31
12-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Good points. And you've also made me realize -- as frustrating and disappointing as it is -- the fact that the waves are WHOLLY boring could be a good thing. What leads to frustrating pegwarmers is not just "dull figures" or "overproduced figures" but disproportionate figure ratios. When you have one really cool figure in a wave, four new cases go out, all four or eight of that figure disappear, and the rest sit. And with every new case someone gets for that good figure, more figures languish.

A wave that's designed to sell EVENLY -- composed entirely of army-builders or the safe predictable choice -- may be a good move. Of course, to keep this up, they'll either have ot release nothing but dul waves from here on out, or somehow put out a wave of entirely new, cool figures that will also sell evenly... and I'm not sure they have that in them anymore....

Well said and scum as well. The wave does seem like a more evened-out wave. The army builder are new enough or haven't been around too heavily for people to still be interested and the droid parts are a nice bonus. We'll se over the next few months if this works out better. There are enough newly sculpted Jedi in there and troopers to make the wave sell through and I think Hasbro is counting on a number of people buying up that extra figure to finish off the droid.

DarkArtist
12-14-2012, 02:27 PM
i think what Hasbro needs to do is have it's representatives go around every 3-4 months to every major big box retailer and see what figures are selling and which ones are not. then those representatives give the retailers the credit to order the new figures / waves while Hasbro takes back the ones left on the racks and sells them to places like Marshalls, Five Below, etc etc. this way also feedback will return to the main hub of Hasbro where they might realize that certain figures collect dust and carry forwards are not a good idea and fans around the world can all get new figures every quarter when they shop at TRU, Target, Walmart, K-Mart etc.

Trooper31
12-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Maqybe they shouldn't carry any figures forward for a year.

They really needed to use Legends/GH better and react to what fans want. There would be a gap, but for a figure like the INC, Hasbro could easily add that to the Legends line (if they ever went back to something like that) the following year, if it didn't fit back into the basic line.

I just have the feeling that Hasbro is too rigid with the MH line. Not every figure in that line has to appeal to kids. Throw in a few for the cllectors as well and leave the gimmicky stuff out. I saw red BDs sit for ages from the MH line and I still see tons of Qui Gons and Obi-Wans sitting as well. That tells me that they could throw in a collector figure every once in a while and still make things work.

Julythrunov
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Sorry for the possibly stupid inquiry, it's been a while since I last visited this forum, any carded pics (or pics) from any 2013 wave/stuff?

Idpullthecurtain
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Sorry for the possibly stupid inquiry, it's been a while since I last visited this forum, any carded pics (or pics) from any 2013 wave/stuff?

​Dont ask ;)

my_kind_of_scum
12-18-2012, 10:58 PM

The only 2013 stuff we've seen are Clone Wars wave 1 (here on Rebelscum) and Class1 and 2 vehicles (I believe both initially from sandtroopers.com). No Legacy figures carded yet.

Tycho
12-22-2012, 02:45 AM
I have no intention of buying any of these. I'm sure it's good for newbies. There are always kids turning ages 4 & up.

I will wait for Tzzvvt and Shasha Teil, Nyrat Agira, Cliegg Lars, and a lot of Dark Horse / Del Rey / Scholastic Expanded Universe figures I'd be very excited to buy.

DefSith
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Saw these at Facebook takde.com post. Seems 501st getting some vehicle action. http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/news/images2012b/2013ProductFound.JPG

SolidSnakeEyes
12-28-2012, 03:38 AM
This is literally the first time I've visited these forums since the "internet only wave" drama was at it's peak. So I have NO IDEA what's going on this new line of figures in 2013. For the first time since 2007, I've found myself not really giving a crap, either. Needless to say, 2013's offerings have me largely underwhelmed.

HOWEVER, I'd still like to know when the heck this crap is being released. No carded pics yet? No pre orders? I feel like it's 1995, and I have to wait for Toyfare to tell me what's up.

GNT
12-28-2012, 05:10 AM
HOWEVER, I'd still like to know when the heck this crap is being released. No carded pics yet? No pre orders? I feel like it's 1995, and I have to wait for Toyfare to tell me what's up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Hasbro knows what they're doing themselves atm either so don't worry. What I suspect will happen is the Legacy collection figures will be released later in 2013.

CMDR_Appo
12-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Well in the original hasbro presentations, they were listed for January-march releases, so I guess they still stand. Christmass throws everyone off, so I'm sure it's just that delaying news.

my_kind_of_scum
12-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Well in the original hasbro presentations, they were listed for January-march releases, so I guess they still stand. Christmass throws everyone off, so I'm sure it's just that delaying news.

Without carded images yet, it's extremely doubtful that these will release in the first quarter of '13 at least. Probably pushed back to coincide with the 3d rereleases, but we most likely won't know anything until toy fair in February.

TazzMission28
12-28-2012, 12:26 PM
This is literally the first time I've visited these forums since the "internet only wave" drama was at it's peak. So I have NO IDEA what's going on this new line of figures in 2013. For the first time since 2007, I've found myself not really giving a crap, either. Needless to say, 2013's offerings have me largely underwhelmed.

HOWEVER, I'd still like to know when the heck this crap is being released. No carded pics yet? No pre orders? I feel like it's 1995, and I have to wait for Toyfare to tell me what's up.

i use to work for walmart and you will be suprised at how they break street dates

to the company all they care about is profit and one of there biggest sellers is star wars

Tycho
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
I think that because the earth did not explode on December 21st, everyone is having to readjust their plans.