PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Blu-Ray Upgrade Promotion

Monstermile
05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Dunno if any of you have seen this, but Best Buy is having a pretty cool promotion until May 12th. Trade in any, yes ANY DVD movie and get a $5 coupon towards any Blu-Ray movie $9.99 and up. Limit 5 coupons per trip. I upgraded my copies up AVP, Goodfellas and Pulp Fiction and took in 3 really cheap movies and got The Hangover II, Nightmare on Elm Street (original) and AVP Requiem. Got $100 in BD movies for $30 OOP. Not too shabby. Time to get rid of them old movies you never watch and upgrade to something cool.

ihnken33
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Note to self! Finially I can get rid of those old Hulk Hogan B rated action movies and get something cool!

I'll be looking for this at my local Best Buy!

Darth_Dork
05-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Trade in a DVD and get a free BluRay? Maybe I'm not understanding, but that sounds too good to be true.

HappyNoodleBoy
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Are you limited to how many coupons you can use on a blu?

For example a blu costs $30, can you use say, 2 or 3 coupons for that one title? Or is it (which I'm sure it is) one coupon per blu?

Monstermile
05-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Trade in a DVD and get a free BluRay? Maybe I'm not understanding, but that sounds too good to be true.

No you trade in any DVD and get a $5 coupon towards any BD movie $9.99 and up.

HNB: I am pretty sure you can't group them together to use towards one BD. One coupon towards one BD.

Darth_Engelhast
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Every time i try to take advantage of this the damn store I go to is always...and I mean ALWAYS like...."we are nut running this promotion at the moment..." This last time I was like "I just SAW it on your own website that you were doing it NOW" and handed them a print out from the site. The manager was like "sorry, but we are not taking trade ups right now." I gave up.

CadBane
05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Every time i try to take advantage of this the damn store I go to is always...and I mean ALWAYS like...."we are nut running this promotion at the moment..."
I can nut believe that.

Darth_Engelhast
05-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I can nut believe that.

I don't give a bantha crap what you believe Cad.

MrPickles
05-02-2012, 10:52 PM
CadBane is a 14 year old lad in the flower of his youth. Not worth the keystrokes, my friend...

Jedi534
05-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Every time i try to take advantage of this the damn store I go to is always...and I mean ALWAYS like...."we are nut running this promotion at the moment..." This last time I was like "I just SAW it on your own website that you were doing it NOW" and handed them a print out from the site. The manager was like "sorry, but we are not taking trade ups right now." I gave up.

Same here! They always seem to want to get out of it because so many people take advantage of it. BTW, I thought CadBane's response was kinda funny. I didn't see any disrespect towards you unless of course there's something I don't know. :)

CadBane
05-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Bro I have so many dvd's that I got from a video store closing down. Most of them might be obscure things that may never seen an update though. So I think I'll keep them.

Monstermile
05-03-2012, 07:56 AM

Never ceases to amaze me how Best Buys are all run differently. It is just like their price match policy. Mine will price match amazon.com and other big online retailers for anything in the store and they will also price match cell phone carriers on off contract prices. But others around the country will not do either.

Neal
05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
They did this promotion back in January (I believe) as well. I took advantage of it then and I'm taking advantage of it now. :)

DagMarus
05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I can nut believe that.
Should you really be critiquing anyone's typing?

Ian_C
05-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I can nut believe that.
I don't give a bantha crap what you believe Cad.

He was taking a shot at your typo Engelhast......

Ian