PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Yoda Action Figure

Pages : [1] 2 3

DarthBeek
05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
It's not much, but it is "something"...heh heh.

Studio shot at GG - two Yodas on the shelf.

http://files.g4tv.com/rimg_606x0/ImageDb3/297940_l/jessica-chobot-lives-out-every-nerds-fantasy-at-gentle-giant-studios.jpg

Jedi534
05-01-2012, 09:25 AM
...and a Blue Snaggletooth!!! B)

edit: Whoops! You already reported that!

AaylaSecurasMan
05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Sweet!

But who is that doll in blue? :wub:

DarthBeek
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Jessica Chobot.

Google ..."images".

:whistling:

disgruntledjawa
05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Yoda and x-wing luke....and Jessica

justabigkid
05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Who's between the blue snag and x-wing Luke on the top shelf?

justabigkid
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Sweet!

But who is that doll in blue? :wub:

I kinda like the one in white better. She seems to be enjoying playing with those figures:)

AaylaSecurasMan
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Jessica Chobot.

Google ..."images".

:whistling:

Oh my, thanks!

AaylaSecurasMan
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Looks like Bossk? Difficult to tell...

DarthBeek
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I kinda like the one in white better. She seems to be enjoying playing with those figures:)

That's Ashly Powell...of GG. VinylSquirrel....

justabigkid
05-01-2012, 10:02 PM
That's Ashly Powell...of GG. VinylSquirrel....

REALLY..... I'd like to get that pink fett or even the white one for that matter:)

AGMB
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM

It looks like Hoth Leia.

Jedi534
05-01-2012, 11:31 PM
It looks like Hoth Leia.
Nailed It!!! :awesome:

MrT
05-02-2012, 04:59 AM
I don't even think that is Blue Snaggletooth on the top shelf, it looks more like Luke Jedi to me. The face is flesh colour and the hair is blonde/brown, this doesnt match Blue Snag.

Mr_Bwing
05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I would guess the head color can either be attributed to a slightly turned head or unpainted hair. If you look at the left arm, it's almost certainly Blue Snaggletooth (Jedi Luke's left arm is bent at the elbow, and his hand is made to hold a weapon).

I don't even think that is Blue Snaggletooth on the top shelf, it looks more like Luke Jedi to me. The face is flesh colour and the hair is blonde/brown, this doesnt match Blue Snag.

DarthBeek
05-02-2012, 08:01 AM
It IS Ole Blue....silver belt buckle and tip of silver boot.

AaylaSecurasMan
05-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Now that it is mentioned I can see both (Blue Snag and Jedi Luke :confused:) I still think it looks like it's Blue Snag.

jimmii
05-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Want yoda and blue snags!!!...and both girls at CVI.

It's not much, but it is "something"...heh heh.

Studio shot at GG - two Yodas on the shelf.

http://files.g4tv.com/rimg_606x0/ImageDb3/297940_l/jessica-chobot-lives-out-every-nerds-fantasy-at-gentle-giant-studios.jpg

Dax
05-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Geez people, they are women and I know for some of you out there they may seem like an exotic and strange species but they are normally people just like you and I. OK, well apparently from this thread some of you aren't all that normal. I'd suggest some of you should 'get a grip' but I harbour serious concerns about your interpretation of that phrase!

Anyway, chill out, enjoy the toys and at least try to act civilized.

assemblyrequired
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
there's toys behind them ???

-james

Mr_Bwing
05-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I do find it odd when side discussions like this start on a Star Wars collecting forum. I couldn't care less about the women in the photo, and am much more interested in the mysterious toys in the case (that's why I have a user ID on a website called Rebelscum). There are plenty of other websites much more useful for such purposes, and it's always weird for me when everyone keeps commenting about an attractive woman. Yes, she's obviously attractive to most males, so do we all need to add a comment along those lines after a couple of posts have cleared up her identity?

It doesn't offend me, it just seems pointless.

Geez people, they are women and I know for some of you out there they may seem like an exotic and strange species but they are normally people just like you and I. OK, well apparently from this thread some of you aren't all that normal. I'd suggest some of you should 'get a grip' but I harbour serious concerns about your interpretation of that phrase!

Anyway, chill out, enjoy the toys and at least try to act civilized.

Glitch
05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Back on topic....

Yoda is DEFINITELY one of those figures I want to double up on to get an opener.

That said, it would really blow if they made this one a show exclusive. I mean...it's Yoda. Save the exclusives for the weird variants of standard figures - not top tier characters. If they want to go brown snake or put him on a RotJ card thats one thing, but leave the ESB orange snake original open to everyone that wants to buy one, or, in my case, two.

:)

John_Solo
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Closer look at Yoda:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/GGYoda.png (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GGYoda.png)

justabigkid
05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
No question I will order Yoda... probably 2 but I'm diggin the pink and white Fetts as well:)

SirTristram
05-05-2012, 10:28 AM
So,the two Yoda Variants, plus I see Ewoks....and a Snowtrooper! This line is awesome!

Jason_West
05-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Forget Yoda, I want the Jawa prototype. That would make a FINE addition to my modern jawa prototype run.

OT: The women in blue is a very nice sight.. :P

DarthBeek
05-05-2012, 05:08 PM
So,the two Yoda Variants, plus I see Ewoks....and a Snowtrooper! This line is awesome!

The Ewoks are busts - not Vintage jumbo.

justabigkid
05-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Where's the snowtrooper? I must have missed that.

SirTristram
05-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Where's the snowtrooper? I must have missed that.
Looked like it to me....behind the Jawa on the second shelf down. ....All white and the shape of the head and what looks like a vinyl cape.....My eyes are playing tricks on me!

BlueSnag
05-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Looked like it to me....behind the Jawa on the second shelf down. ....All white and the shape of the head and what looks like a vinyl cape.....My eyes are playing tricks on me!

I don't think so, first thing I spotted in the pic was the Snowtrooper

AaylaSecurasMan
05-07-2012, 10:45 AM

I don't think so, first thing I spotted in the pic was the Snowtrooper

I think that it's a regular stormie (unless they moved pieces around, look at this video and pause at 1:34, looks like a stormie helmet behind the Fetts and the Jawa.

Rad Jobs With Gentle Giant in High Definition (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58342/rad-jobs-with-gentle-giant/?quality=hd)

John_Solo
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
I think that it's a regular stormie (unless they moved pieces around, look at this video and pause at 1:34, looks like a stormie helmet behind the Fetts and the Jawa.

Rad Jobs With Gentle Giant in High Definition (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58342/rad-jobs-with-gentle-giant/?quality=hd)

Here's a clearer screen grab, more to the left.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/GGYoda2.png (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GGYoda2.png)

justabigkid
05-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I WISH there was a Snowtrooper in there:) I still want that pink Fett asa well.

DarthBeek
05-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Yoda Orange Snake and Brown Snake (PGM EXCL) up for preorder....

Richie_Photo
05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I think Yoda is the best one yet in this line! Now, decision time, both, or just orange which is the vintage I have and remember....

justabigkid
05-10-2012, 09:25 PM
So I can save 10% on the orange snake Yoda but i can't get that 10% on the PGM brown snake Yoda? That makes no sense to me.....

BlueSnaggletooth
05-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Went ahead and ordered the Brown Snake version. Will get an Orange Snake version, too...will probably order it from my LCS.

-Snags

Ross_C
05-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Yoda is the one I've been waiting for. Is it worth it to get the membership to buy these, or should I just wait for them to pop up on Ebay? I noted they have free shiping on some items, not sure if this applies or if its free shipping worldwide either?

DarthBeek
05-11-2012, 01:00 AM
How can one resist Yoda & his Orange snake?? So many fond memories of the day my parents purchased him. And yes, I do remember. :)

modmouse11
05-11-2012, 02:20 AM
I just pre ordered the orange snake Yoda! from gentle giant. If anyone else is thinking of pre ordering from there, note: they only let you order 1 item per order. I know some people like to buy more than one at a time. Where's the brown snake Yoda? I haven't seen any pictures of it...It would be amazing if there was a Yoda with a neon pink snake. (in my dreams.)

modmouse11
05-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Ok, I just looked it up Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2012/ggpgmbrownsnakeyoda100512.jpg) I think I like the orange snake better and it's true to the original.

captainsolo
05-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Went ahead and ordered the Brown Snake version. Will get an Orange Snake version, too...will probably order it from my LCS.

-Snags

Thats exactly how im going about this. Ive scaled this line down to the first 12 and very select few. Yoda is to hard to pass up and it looks very good

BlueSnag
05-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Target is marked and locked in -

Both Yodas ordered

John_Solo
05-11-2012, 11:25 AM
So dudes: if I sign up for the PGM, I get the Gamorrean FREE? So the cost for the two Yodas (plus a free Gamorrean) would be like $220 plus shipping? ($75 [Yoda] + $75 [other Yoda] = $70 PGM Membership.)

Am I reading that right?

Jedi534
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
How can one resist Yoda & his Orange snake?? So many fond memories of the day my parents purchased him. And yes, I do remember. :)

I feel the exact same way... but I think my GG Jumbo days are over. First 12, Sears 4 & Boba Fett and that's it for me.

BlueSnag
05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
So dudes: if I sign up for the PGM, I get the Gamorrean FREE? So the cost for the two Yodas (plus a free Gamorrean) would be like $220 plus shipping? ($75 [Yoda] + $75 [other Yoda] = $70 PGM Membership.)

Am I reading that right?

Not quite -

You will need to pay shipping on Gammy & if you order Yoda w/Orange Snake after joing PGM you will get a 10% discount on him.

Looked at my transacations & you are looking at around $226 plus shipping costs for both Yodas, which or me is about another $30.

Hope this helps.

SirTristram
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I ordered both! I had to. These were some of my most hoped for pieces from this line!

Yoda4501
05-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I have been waiting for Yoda to come out and I just put in my Pre Order for the Orange Snake version. Just wondering but the brown snake version looks like the snake is darker than the cane and my carded TESB brown snake Yoda has a lighter brown snake and a darker cane? Either way, cant wait to get this displayed next to my other vintage Yoda figures.

ukepicker
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
pre-ordered the Brown Snake, will try to pick up the orange one later on down the line maybe...

jedimasterc
05-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I know you have to be a guild member to get the Yoda with the Brown snake.Where is is located.

JediMarty
05-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I know you have to be a guild member to get the Yoda with the Brown snake.Where is is located.

Look in the top right hand corner where it says Collectors Club and use the drop down box to Premier Guild Membership

JediMarty
05-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Just preordered both the brown and orange snake versions. Can't wait to get these!!!

jimmii
05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I ordered both! I had to. These were some of my most hoped for pieces from this line!

Me too! I ordered the PGM brown snake yoda because he will be "rare", but I like the orange snake yoda better.

AGMB
05-11-2012, 10:54 PM
What the hell? I never got notification through Gentle Giant for these. I have been a PGM for three year and I normally receive notifications through two email addresses. Not cool.

Shabby_Blue
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
While I appreciate the fact that they offered both colors of the snake, it's a shame the brown snake version isnt the darker olive skin color for Yoda with the black eyes instead of red, and the darker color cloak. As seen here: Yoda | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61145178@N08/5728842225/in/set-72157626615235953)

JediMarty
05-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree. I did not get a notification and I have been a PGM for 4 years now. I plan on calling them on Monday. The only reason I knew that they were available was because of the notification I got from Brian's Toys on the presale orange snake version.:mad:

What the hell? I never got notification through Gentle Giant for these. I have been a PGM for three year and I normally receive notifications through two email addresses. Not cool.

Glitch
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Ordered them both because my mental illness for these things continues.

:(

jedimasterc
05-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Look in the top right hand corner where it says Collectors Club and use the drop down box to Premier Guild Membership

Well,I did that.The only thing listed was the Captain America bust for SDCC.What am I doing wrong?Scratch that.I was able to order the Yoda with the brown snake.

Turbowars
05-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Ordered a Brown too. Now to get some of the older guys. :wtf:

Kevin_Lentz
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Ordered the orange snake through Razors Edge. Don't see any reason to get both on this version, and orange is by far my fave on the Yoda variations.

BlueSnaggletooth
05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Ordered a Brown too. Now to get some of the older guys. :wtf:

You back on board with this line?

-Snags

Turbowars
05-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Some not all I guess. I'm going to order R2 and 3PO this weekend. Want Obi and Luke. I just don't want smashed and scratched up stuff. Getting them from GG seems to be the only way.

Kevin_Lentz
05-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Some not all I guess. I'm going to order R2 and 3PO this weekend. Want Obi and Luke. I just don't want smashed and scratched up stuff. Getting them from GG seems to be the only way.

Disagree. Gotten all of mine except exclusives from Razors Edge and been please with service and condition and price.

efranks
05-13-2012, 01:14 AM

Am I reading that right?

If you sign up for the PGM you get the Gamorrean Guard, which you still have to pay shipping on. So PGM Gam Guard = $70 + Shipping.
Then if you order the both Yoda figures you'll get a discount on the orange snake (10%) but not the brown. So it'll look like this:
Orange Yoda $67.50 + shipping = Your Price
Brown Yoda $75 + Shipping = Your Price

Just for the figures you're looking at $212.50. Then add in shipping costs to you.

I just ordered the orange Yoda from Razor's Edge. He's charging $64.99 which still beats the GG price, even with the 10% discount. I'll be passing on the brown snake version.

E...

IndyMike
05-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Disagree. Gotten all of mine except exclusives from Razors Edge and been please with service and condition and price.

Same here. Mike's great to deal with. I was even able to exchange my bad R2 with GG, so am grateful for that. (though keeping my fingers crossed as it arrives Tuesday)

gijigsaw
05-13-2012, 06:48 PM
What am I doing wrong? Paid for the PGM membership Friday night and still can't see the brown snake Yoda. All I see in exclusives is the Captain America bust.

AaylaSecurasMan
05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
What am I doing wrong? Paid for the PGM membership Friday night and still can't see the brown snake Yoda. All I see in exclusives is the Captain America bust.

Maybe you are being impatient and it won't show up until Monday?

Turbowars
05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
What am I doing wrong? Paid for the PGM membership Friday night and still can't see the brown snake Yoda. All I see in exclusives is the Captain America bust.The PGM is processed by hand, so it won't work until they get in the office.

jedimasterc
05-13-2012, 08:08 PM
You have to log into you account to see the Brown snake Yoda.

dylbacca
05-14-2012, 03:14 AM
I hate to say it, but i am in for an orange snake yoda. I think they are all great figures, i just dont have the room. For me, the only way they were gonna get me was with Vinyl Jawa, Yoda, Bossk and Blue Snag. 2 out of four so far, but i have to think blue snag is coming...

DarthMickeyMoose
05-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I hope this is a good sign others that we might want will be coming! Ev-9D9, Blue Snaggletooth etc! :grin:

Ed_N
05-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Was only gonna stick with the first 21 but said screw it and ordered both ;)

MrPickles
05-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Tough to decide on which one. Brown is more exclusive but the orange is soo classic....

BlueSnag
05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Tough to decide on which one. Brown is more exclusive but the orange is soo classic....

If I had to pick only one, I'd probably go with the orange

Got both b/c I roped myself into getting every variation that comes out after vowing that I wouldn't :P

Turbowars
05-17-2012, 08:29 AM
You my friend need a little self control.:grin:

BlueSnag
05-17-2012, 10:26 AM
You my friend need a little self control.:grin:

I know -

This line is eating into funds I'd use for vintage items

I was finally able to abolish Hasbro from my collection and then this line came along

Every time I Pre Order one, I say there goes another POTF coin I could have purchased :'(

MrPickles
05-17-2012, 11:33 PM
If I had to pick only one, I'd probably go with the orange

Got both b/c I roped myself into getting every variation that comes out after vowing that I wouldn't :P
I think I agree w/ this assessment.

modmouse11
05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
When did they say the yoga's will be shipping out again? Or did they say? I pre ordered mine from GG. I've been trying to wait patiently. :whistling:

justabigkid
05-24-2012, 08:57 PM
When did they say the yoga's will be shipping out again? Or did they say? I pre ordered mine from GG. I've been trying to wait patiently. :whistling:

Well get ready for a LONG wait..... looks like 4th quarter of this year.

modmouse11
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Well get ready for a LONG wait..... looks like 4th quarter of this year.

aw man. Well, my birthday is in December so maybe it will be coming in as an early birthday gift.. to myself.

xphillips
06-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I didn't notice this at first (I think GG added this to the description of the 2 different Yodas...)
Now I definitely need to get both!

Yoda With Brown Snake ROTJ PGM Exclusive Kenner Jumbo Figure

PG Exclusive
ROTJ backer card
olive head
brown eyes
darker cane
bright green hands and feet
fabric cloak

Yoda with orange Snake ESB Kenner Jumbo Figure

-wide release
-ESB backer card
-lighter green skin
-lighter cane
-orange snake
-orange eyes
-fabric cloak

Shabby_Blue
06-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow, I'm so happy they correctly changed the skintone to give us both versions. Even though I pre-ordered both as soon as they went up, I was disappointed that the only apparent difference was the color of the snake, but I'm pleased that they'll be this significantly different now. Smart move on GG's part, since it will probably motivate more people to want both versions now.

The packaging difference is a nice added bonus too, and it makes me suspect that whenever they get around to offering Bespin Luke, we'll get two versions of him too. One with yellow hair and the first ESB card photo, and the other with brown hair and the second ESB card photo. :)

Glitch
06-13-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm beginning to doubt whether or not this pic is real:

http://www.whatsyourobsession.com/images/2012/gentle-giant-yoda-kenner-giant-figure.jpg

Several things make me believe that the figure on the left is just a scaled up photo of the smaller one. The plastic looks like shinny PVC rather than the dull painted hard copies that are usually in these shots, the cloth is just too perfectly scaled up (which would be VERY tough to match), and even the little paint that it does have looks like the paint of a tiny vintage figure. Look at the eyes...there's over spray on the brown pupils. On the hard copy, and the finished product, you know it's going to be an incredibly sharp edge - as it always is.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it does look like this, but I think this is a bullshot.

Turbowars
06-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah thats a pretty good photoshop job. They have been doing that from the beginning.

JediJones77
06-19-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree. I did not get a notification and I have been a PGM for 4 years now. I plan on calling them on Monday. The only reason I knew that they were available was because of the notification I got from Brian's Toys on the presale orange snake version.:mad:

I didn't get an e-mail notification either. I was a new member for this year, but I've been getting e-mails from them about other items, like the variant Black Widow bust and the SDCC Admiral Motti bust. I didn't even know about the brown snake Yoda until today, when I started poking around for info on what the SDCC exclusive was going to be. Luckily it's still available for order so I just placed an order.

Zepp_Head
06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
The brown snake version was still available when I ordered yesterday. I've been away for awhile from the forums and GG collecting. So glad I didn't miss this figure. What brought me back in was the email from GG about Blue Snag. I immediately renewed with the Guild, ordered Blue Snag, Gammy, and now this Yoda. I'll be picking up several others soon as well. So excited for all these figs. Its too bad they can't do a third version of Yoda. I actually had 3 different Yodas as a kid: brown snake + darker skin, orange snake + light skin, and orange snake + light skin + crazy eyes. The crazy eyed one lost his cloak and cane at some point, and he became Yoda's psycho evil twin in my universe. ;)

disgruntledjawa
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
This will be my first 12 inch vintage figure. Ordered it from my LCS. The discription in the previews mag is for the brown snake but the picture is of the orange.

JediMarty
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
This will be my first 12 inch vintage figure. Ordered it from my LCS. The discription in the previews mag is for the brown snake but the picture is of the orange.

The brown snake version is for Premier Guild Club members. The orange snake version is the general release open to everyone.

Zuma77
07-13-2012, 12:59 AM

Yeah I ordered the Brown snake version, but really seriously considering the orange snake version since that was one of my favs as kid!

Glitch
07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Surprised he wasn't on display at ComicCon.

justabigkid
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM

My guess is that G.G. doesn't have the cloak for the jumbo Yoda yet. Have we seen any pics of the jumbo yoda with cloak, snake and belt?

AaylaSecurasMan
07-18-2012, 03:54 PM

My guess is that G.G. doesn't have the cloak for the jumbo Yoda yet. Have we seen any pics of the jumbo yoda with cloak, snake and belt?

I agree, they have Yoda (as seen on the GG studio video) but maybe no cloak yet, they didn't want to display a "naked" yoda at SDCC :$

Glitch
07-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree, they have Yoda (as seen on the GG studio video) but maybe no cloak yet, they didn't want to display a "naked" yoda at SDCC :$

They've had naked Yoda for months now, how long does it take to get the little guy dressed? That should have been a SDCC display priority.

Also, I wasn't too happy with the way these were displayed at SDCC. Jamming them all on that Cantina set was odd. It should have been just the four that the set came with. The others should have been displayed on a scaled up Early Bird display or something.

It all looked very thrown together, junky and cluttered.

Shabby_Blue
07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
They've had naked Yoda for months now, how long does it take to get the little guy dressed? That should have been a SDCC display priority.

This indicates to me that it may be a challenge for them to accurately recreate the right color/texture of soft goods fabric for his robe in this scale, and it may be an issue for other figures with similar soft goods too.... figures such as Jedi Luke, Royal Guard, and Squid Head. I can't even imagine how hard it's going to be for them to reproduce 4-LOM's (Zuckuss') pleather coat.

justabigkid
07-19-2012, 10:16 PM

Keep in mind were dealing with China........ unfortunately.

Glitch
07-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Keep in mind were dealing with China........ unfortunately.

Prototypes are almost always produced in house and then sent out for mass production. I'm willing to bet all that stuff is done here. At least I KNOW how it is with Hasbro and Sideshow.

justabigkid
07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Prototypes are almost always produced in house and then sent out for mass production. I'm willing to bet all that stuff is done here. At least I KNOW how it is with Hasbro and Sideshow.

Maybe BUT the fabric itself is most likely coming from China or India to begin with.

Glitch
07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Maybe BUT the fabric itself is most likely coming from China or India to begin with.

Pretty much everything comes form there now (sadly), but the prototypes are made here and then sent overseas for production. Chinese venders are told exactly what to do and rarely create on their own unless there is a serious time pinch that would interfere with an established production schedule. Trust me, you need to be VERY specific with a vender on exactly what needs to be done. If there is a flub on the paint master, it needs to be corrected or they will recreate it on the entire production run. Creativity is not welcomed.

Places like Sideshow have entire departments with books and books of samples devoted to things like this. Even if GG doesn't, because they're new to the soft goods thing, something like this is a breeze. You can find fabric that will work beautifully at one of the local Southern California fabric wholesale warehouses (which there are a few). There's just no excuse not to have this guy at SDCC. Seeing that they had the prototype already completed months ago, I could have had one (belt, cane and snake included) banged out in a few days.

AllanB
08-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Based on their past releases, etc, what do people think the chances are of a brown snake Yoda being released in this format? (I dont follow GG, but would probably pick up a jumbo brown snake Yoda if it was well done, etc)

Thanks in advance.

- Allan

Jedi534
08-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Hey Allan, nice to see you here in the Gentle Giant threads! A Brown Snake Yoda is being released as a Membership Club Exclusive directly through the Gentle Giant website.

Yoda with Brown Snake Premier Guild Exclusive Kenner Jumbo Figure (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/Yoda_with_Brown_Snake_Premier_Guild_Exclusive_Kenn _p/80288.htm) (This link will not work for people not signed into their PG Account.)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QCNokkgSx_c/T6ySVyO-uKI/AAAAAAAAIf8/C5udZi53loM/s1600/80288-2.jpg

AaylaSecurasMan
08-11-2012, 03:01 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081077/

There is also a General thread for Jumbo figures where these type of questions can be posted without the need of starting a new thread :)

AllanB
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey Allan, nice to see you here in the Gentle Giant threads!
Hey mate, thank you very much for the warm welcome & kind assistance! Very nice to be here.

A Brown Snake Yoda is being released as a Membership Club Exclusive directly through the Gentle Giant website.
Aha! Very good! (& doh, that this was already explained in *this* thread, though there was no photo of the Jumbo Brown Snake Yoda, which was why I just assumed that this thread only contained Orange Snake Yoda info at this point, etc, but I obviously hadn't looked carefully enough, or even without a photo, I would have seen this:

Yoda With BrownSnake ROTJ PGM Exclusive Kenner Jumbo Figure

PG Exclusive
ROTJ backer card
olive head
brown eyes
darker cane
bright green hands and feet
fabric cloak

Yoda with orange Snake ESB Kenner Jumbo Figure

-wide release
-ESB backer card
-lighter green skin
-lighter cane
-orange snake
-orange eyes
-fabric cloak

(And not that it matters, but dont think for a second I'm asking about a Jumbo Brown Snake Yoda because I dont have any love for the Kenner & Jumbo Orange Snake Yodas.. I think they're great in original Kenner & GG Jumbo, (& of course they're the "rookie card" of the vintage Kenner Yoda figure to boot) it's just that Brown Snake Yoda is my personal favourite, & so would naturally enough be my first choice for purchase (& obviously then I'll just see where it goes from there (& yes, I know, "that's what they all say", etc.. lol..)).

Yoda with Brown Snake Premier Guild Exclusive Kenner Jumbo Figure (This link will not work for people not signed into their PG Account.)
No problem, the photo was what I was really after. Thanks for that.

Ok well, based on that photo I wouldn't be getting one, (because of all of the glaring inaccuracies, (head cast in wrong colour, eyes wrong paint colour, eye paint wrong shape, snake cast in wrong colour, cane cast in wrong colour, hands wrong paint colour, feet wrong paint colour, belt looks to be cast a little dark, (but might be just the photo) & from that photo, the snake looks to have far too glossy a finish, making it look exactly like a bad vintage repro, & the cane even more so (just as is the case with bad vintage repros, no doubt probably for the same reasons that the lazy fakers dont bother to manage to achieve the correct finishes / textures for them either) but based on the purported differences listed by GG above, I am *very* interested to see a photo of an actual finished figure, & very hopeful. http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(although they better get the shape of the eye paint right, ie. Pacman, rather than circular, or that could easily be a deal-breaker for me.. (if it's obvious..) though at least if the error was made in this fashion I could just get scratching like a rabid racoon.. lol.. (oh well, like a very careful rabid racoon working with a small tool which did not have the capacity to scratch plastic in any case)

Thanks again for everyone's help with this, much appreciated, (including whoever very sensibly amalgamated my thread into this one, due to my misunderstanding / lack of thoroughness, many thanks) seems one of you will buying one for me if I'm happy that their finished product is "close enough" for my aesthetic & display needs.

And as soon as there's a photo available of the entirely finished Brown Snake Yoda, I would love it if someone could post it in this thread to help me avoid having to look for it.. (& PM notify me as well for that matter while you're at it.. lol.. jk..) http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance. And thanks again for the warm welcome.

- Allan.

(the artist formerly known as one picky bugger..)

Turbowars
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
If I took collecting that serious there wouldn't be any fun.:D

Kaneda_01
08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
+1... looking forward to adding both versions to my collection. Curious to see how the soft good cloak turns out on these. B)

AllanB
08-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Just like they were when you were a kid, only BIGGER! Gentle Giant is proud to bring you their new line of vintage Kenner inspired Star Wars Action Figure reproductions with the release of the classic Yoda figure. Digitally scanned from mint Kenner originals and reproduced to a substantial 6 tall, no detail has been overlooked. Injection molded and made of durable plastics, this jumbo figure includes a faithfully reproduced orange snake accessory and comes fully articulated!
Their words, not mine.

Turbowars
08-12-2012, 12:15 AM
You believe everything you read? When it comes GG don't.

ramy
08-30-2012, 07:12 AM
So who is getting both versions? I have both pre-ordered but might cancel one.

Zepp_Head
08-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I ordered both. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I had both versions as a kid, plus Yoda is one of my favorite characters. I hope they go the same route as they did with Gammy: PG exclusive brown snake Yoda on a POTF card with coin, and Regular orange snake version on an ESB card back.

DarthChristopher
08-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I ordered both. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I had both versions as a kid, plus Yoda is one of my favorite characters. I hope they go the same route as they did with Gammy: PG exclusive brown snake Yoda on a POTF card with coin, and Regular orange snake version on an ESB card back.

I agree, the PGM exclusive brown snake Yoda should be on a POTF card. that would look so much nicer than the ROTJ card! I ordered it and the ESB orange snake Yoda too. :)

AllanB
09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
So who is getting both versions? I have both pre-ordered but might cancel one.
I want both versions (even if the brown snake Yoda needs a little tweaking to be fully happy with it, it'll definitely be worth the trouble, etc).

The orange snake Yoda certainly doesn't look like it needs any work whatsoever in my opinion, it looks bang on, & i think it's really great.

Very much looking forward to both of them.

- Allan

Shabby_Blue
09-02-2012, 08:31 PM
The orange snake Yoda certainly doesn't look like it needs any work whatsoever in my opinion, it looks bang on, & i think it's really great.

What are you basing that opinion on? We haven't seen any pics of either Yoda yet. It wasn't shown at SDCC. The only photo so far is the promotional one Gentle Giant released months ago when the figure was first announced, and the so called "large scale Yoda" pictured there next to the small vintage Yoda is really just a photo of another vintage Yoda enlarged through Photoshop. Unless I'm mistaken, we STILL haven't seen the actual finished product with its soft good cloak, which makes me wary of how good it will ultimately look since this is the first retro figure with soft goods clothing. I really hope they get that cloak right, otherwise I dread how they'll handle any other figures with soft goods in the future.

Turbowars
09-02-2012, 08:33 PM
The jawa has a cloth cape.

Shabby_Blue
09-02-2012, 08:37 PM
The jawa has a cloth cape.

True... I had forgotten him. It just concerns me that the early protos we saw through the GG behind the scenes video lacked cloaks (pictured earlier in this thread), which made me think they were still struggling to come up with the right color and texture of fabric to accurately match the vintage version.

AllanB
09-03-2012, 07:17 PM
What are you basing that opinion on? We haven't seen any pics of either Yoda yet. It wasn't shown at SDCC. The only photo so far is the promotional one Gentle Giant released months ago when the figure was first announced, and the so called "large scale Yoda" pictured there next to the small vintage Yoda is really just a photo of another vintage Yoda enlarged through Photoshop.
But even if that photo is just a 'shopped vintage figure, isn't *this* a photo of a full-size "jumbo scale" prototype? I have no idea, but i'd just presumed it was i suppose.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QCNokkgSx_c/T6ySVyO-uKI/AAAAAAAAIf8/C5udZi53loM/s1600/80288-2.jpg

My apologies if we indeed haven't seen a single photo of an actual size WIP Jumbo Yoda, i certainly didn't mean to give anyone the wrong impression, i've just been attempting to follow the situation on limited info & on the very limited photos that are available.

- Allan

Shabby_Blue
09-04-2012, 02:43 AM
I dunno... I'm skeptical of that photo too. The cloak looks slightly threadbare, and the threads seem too big for that scale, even though that's how he SHOULD look if they accurately sized up a vintage Yoda. So I'm betting that's a photoshopped photo of a small vintage Yoda too. The fact that he wasn't on display at SDCC among all the other figures crowded into the Cantina diorama leads me to believe that they still haven't finalized the soft goods cloak to the point that they can show us the finished product.

AllanB
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM
I dunno... I'm skeptical of that photo too. The cloak looks slightly threadbare, and the threads seem too big for that scale, even though that's how he SHOULD look if they accurately sized up a vintage Yoda. So I'm betting that's a photoshopped photo of a small vintage Yoda too.
Ok.

The fact that he wasn't on display at SDCC among all the other figures crowded into the Cantina diorama leads me to believe that they still haven't finalized the soft goods cloak to the point that they can show us the finished product.
Ok, well I dont have any opinion either way, (because I dont follow GG) I was just scouring this thread for updates & photos, but can I just say that I had no idea there was so much intrigue or waiting around in modern toy collecting. :D

Still looking forward to seeing both of the final products, though.

An off-colour prototype with off-colour prototype accessories would be nice. B)

DarthMickeyMoose
12-01-2012, 06:43 PM
when are these Yoda's due?

AaylaSecurasMan
12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
when are these Yoda's due?

March per EE

Star Wars Yoda with Snake Jumbo Kenner Figure - Gentle Giant - Star Wars - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE80127)

DarthMickeyMoose
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks! Im down for both. I thought these were coming for Christmas. Maybe it was the Cantina Playset>?

Kaneda_01
12-11-2012, 06:16 AM
My wife found this photo of the Jumbo Yoda from one of her morning shows... a little disappointed with how the cape turned out. Excuse the resolution as she took the photo with her iPhone... she's a keeper! :grin:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GGYoda.jpg

Ross_C
12-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah thats from the segment yesterday on GMA with Jordan AKA Toy Hunter:

'Toy Hunter' Jordan Hembrough Finds Money in Vintage Toys | Video - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/toy-hunter-jordan-hembrough-finds-money-vintage-toys-17924965)

I noticed yoda also and thought the robe looked too tailored :)

John_Solo
12-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Meh. It gets the spirit of the toy right, IMO.

rnbuda
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Boba Fett stole that segment! So cool looking!

DefSith
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
My wife found this photo of the Jumbo Yoda from one of her morning shows... a little disappointed with how the cape turned out. Excuse the resolution as she took the photo with her iPhone... she's a keeper! :grin:

Maybe it's a proto. the production pieces should look better.

Ross_C
12-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Maybe it's a proto. the production pieces should look better.

I talked to Jordan about that, it was a hardcopy proto provided by GG.

DefSith
12-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I talked to Jordan about that, it was a hardcopy proto provided by GG.
Thanks for the info. Can't wait for more GG Jumbo stuff.

AussieFortuna
12-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Not quite -

You will need to pay shipping on Gammy & if you order Yoda w/Orange Snake after joing PGM you will get a 10% discount on him.

Looked at my transacations & you are looking at around $226 plus shipping costs for both Yodas, which or me is about another $30.

Hope this helps.

Gday guys, a few questions if somebody would be so kind to help me .

1. What is this PGM club you are all talking about? how do i join.

2. I just preordered a yoda orange snake from the gentle giant site and didnt realise it was preorder till after i entered my CC card details lol
Will they take the money out of my account now or wait till they send it? ive never pre ordered anything before.

3. it says available march, is this the start or march any ideas.

4, whats gentle giant like to deal with, is it better buying it from them, and is there any advantages from doing so.

cheers and thanks guys and sorry for the stupid questions, n i cant wait till i get this figure, i just ordered a blue snaggletooth from brians toys for $79.95 which i thought was ok, it seems to be sold out on the GG website.

Kevin_Lentz
12-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Hope I can help some.

The main advantage to being a PGM member is the ability to order convention and club exclusives. You can join at this link here: Premier Guild Membership (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12)

2. I just preordered a yoda orange snake from the gentle giant site and didnt realise it was preorder till after i entered my CC card details lol
Will they take the money out of my account now or wait till they send it? ive never pre ordered anything before.

They won't charge your card until it ships.

They tend to run rather behind on shipping versus estimates. Don't be surprised to wait months beyond what they estimate on any given item.

4, whats gentle giant like to deal with, is it better buying it from them, and is there any advantages from doing so.

Depends who you ask. Unless it's an exclusive, I order from Razor's Edge Collectibles - cheaper and great customer service.

AussieFortuna
12-30-2012, 04:32 AM
Hope I can help some.

The main advantage to being a PGM member is the ability to order convention and club exclusives. You can join at this link here: Premier Guild Membership (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12)

They won't charge your card until it ships.

They tend to run rather behind on shipping versus estimates. Don't be surprised to wait months beyond what they estimate on any given item.

Depends who you ask. Unless it's an exclusive, I order from Razor's Edge Collectibles - cheaper and great customer service.

Kev, thanks very much mate, your very kind for your help, i appreciate it a lot.

Gee these figures look great, i knew they were around and had wanted to get a few but had just put it on the back burner until now.

I have completed my full set of every production piece of the 4 inch line plus about 200 varients, and just as i was starting to lose a bit of collecting drive i somehow re stumble upon these and BOOM im pumped up again lol.
Ive just ordered a bluesnag, greedo, and put a preorder on a yoda, i cant wait to display these, they are going to look the bomb.

Cheers mate and thanks

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
01-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Only 492 of the Brown Snake Yoda!

ramy
01-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Only 492 of the Brown Snake Yoda!

Where did you see this?

BillMulder
01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Where did you see this?

It's on the GG site and I think they sent out an e-mail saying that as well. The regular/orange snake Yoda is 1,524.

dockingbay97
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow, only 492 of the brown snake Yoda? Seems pretty low.

BillMulder
01-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Wow, only 492 of the brown snake Yoda? Seems pretty low.

I was surprised too and ordered once I saw that number. I guess when you add the regular and variant ones together, there's just over 2,000 Yodas total and that's about normal for the more popular characters.

DarthMickeyMoose
04-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Did anyone get the shipping notice for this? I think it ships Monday?

BillMulder
04-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Did anyone get the shipping notice for this? I think it ships Monday?

Yeah, I expect the notice that they're charging it tomorrow and then shipping begins after that.

AussieFortuna
04-15-2013, 02:43 AM
This orange snake yoda imo will be the best GG jumbo figure, i just cant wait, its already totally sold out, i cant believe they made less than 1.5k of these, i think they could have sold 3 or 4k of these easy, bring it on i cant wait.

AaylaSecurasMan
04-15-2013, 10:56 AM
This orange snake yoda imo will be the best GG jumbo figure, i just cant wait, its already totally sold out, i cant believe they made less than 1.5k of these, i think they could have sold 3 or 4k of these easy, bring it on i cant wait.

Not sold out, still available for pre-order here

12" Scale Yoda with Orange Snake - Star Wars 12" Kenner 2010-2013 Figures 12" Kenner 2010-2013 Figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GG10537&mode=retail)

Here

Star Wars Yoda with Snake Jumbo Kenner Figure - Gentle Giant - Star Wars - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE80127)

or here

Jumbo Vintage Yoda Action Figure by Gentle Giant (http://www.andrewstoyz.com/jumbo_vintage_yoda.aspx)

Just to name a few.

AussieFortuna
04-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Not sold out, still available for pre-order here

12" Scale Yoda with Orange Snake - Star Wars 12" Kenner 2010-2013 Figures 12" Kenner 2010-2013 Figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GG10537&mode=retail)

Here

or here

Jumbo Vintage Yoda Action Figure by Gentle Giant (http://www.andrewstoyz.com/jumbo_vintage_yoda.aspx)

Just to name a few.

Sorry mate, i meant sold out on the GG site, im pretty sure they are, and im sure it wont take long for them to sell out on the other main toy store sites, his a very popular figure with a small run, cheers

ddoughboy1978
04-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Anyone been charged bye GG for yoda yet?

ramy
04-15-2013, 05:25 PM

Nope. Not yet.

captainsolo
04-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Same here. Nothing

DarthMickeyMoose
04-16-2013, 05:09 PM
They sent me an email and said it would be later in the week. :)

ddoughboy1978
04-16-2013, 05:56 PM
its nice to hear some news

Kaneda_01
04-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Kinda wish the members only Yoda was on a POTF card to display next to my POTF Gamorrean Guard.

DarthMickeyMoose
04-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Oh I Think We'll see that before its all over.

ramy
04-17-2013, 06:41 AM
They sent me an email and said it would be later in the week. :)

Which version?

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I would think they will both ship at the same time like the Gamorrean Guard did.

ramy
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
I would think they will both ship at the same time like the Gamorrean Guard did.

I have not gotten anything from GG yet on the Brown Snake version I ordered.

DarthMickeyMoose
04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
They are both suppose to ship at the same time. B)

Shabby_Blue
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM
We still haven't seen any photos of the final product right? I'm eager to see how his cloth coat looks. Hope they didn't botch this one.

Glitch
04-18-2013, 12:09 PM
We still haven't seen any photos of the final product right? I'm eager to see how his cloth coat looks. Hope they didn't botch this one.

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about this one myself. Scaling up that cloak takes a good eye and lot of care - something this line is often laking.

AussieFortuna
04-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about this one myself. Scaling up that cloak takes a good eye and lot of care - something this line is often laking.

LOL, well lets hope its not a total disaster like the tusken raider cape, that was a total shocker, lets hope they have learned from that.

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
04-18-2013, 09:14 PM

Here is a prototype picture of the cloak. I don't think it looks bad. We shall soon see :)

ramy
04-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Has anyone actually got a shipping notice?

Glitch
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM

Nope, not even a "heads up" processing notice. Probably this weekend.

ramy
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Nope, not even a "heads up" processing notice. Probably this weekend.

I called them and Chris told me hopefully next week. They haven't got them in the warehouse yet.

Kaneda_01
04-19-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm keeping my figures crossed and hoping for the best... but the existing photos we have seen say a lot in terms of what to expect... the photo on the left is GG's Yoda in comparison to a scaled photo of a vintage Yoda. Unfortunately, color and texture on the Jumbo seems to differ in comparison to the original. It's a shame as they really did a great job on both Jawas!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/Yoda313.jpg

Shabby_Blue
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Agreed. The prototype pictured on the left looks awful compared to the vintage one on the right. The colors for both the skintone and coat are way too bright and vibrant. I really hate that pastel green color they have on the prototype. The coat also appears too short and too soft in texture. I have a bad feeling that the final product isn't going to look any better. I'm dreading what they end up doing with 4-LOM's (Zuckuss') pleather style coat in this scale.

BillMulder
04-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Agreed. The prototype pictured on the left looks awful compared to the vintage one on the right. The colors for both the skintone and coat are way too bright and vibrant. I really hate that pastel green color they have on the prototype.

If the picture had come from Gentle Giant, I might be worried. However, you can't trust a photo of a TV screen to gauge whether the color is correct. There's too many variables at play with that picture to judge the color.

AussieFortuna
04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Anybody got a shipping notice yet for this guy?

AaylaSecurasMan
04-21-2013, 04:55 PM

Nope. Not yet.

Same here. Nothing

I called them and Chris told me hopefully next week. They haven't got them in the warehouse yet.

Anybody got a shipping notice yet for this guy?

Don't worry folks, believe me as soon as someone gets a shipping notice it will posted here for sure ;)

JediMarty
04-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Just got an email from Gentle Giant stating that Brown Snake Yoda will be processing tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

JediMarty
04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
just received notice for orange snake yoda processing tomorrow as well.

justabigkid
04-24-2013, 08:53 PM
$90 and we never saw a pic of the final product. I just might regret this one.

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
I too received my notice that both my orange and brown snake Yodas will be processed tomorrow :)

cruxz
04-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Just FYI, GG is having a problem with their site at the moment.
For those wanting to check your CC info to make sure you got the correct one, it's not available at the moment.
Check this thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097338/ for further reading

AussieFortuna
04-25-2013, 08:27 AM
I havnt encountered any of this at all, no email, i just got onto the site with my same password, nothing has changed in any of my orders, in fact i got an email yesterday about my yoda shipping.
But ive purchased 4 figures from their site and only ever got credits fo 1 of them, i suppose i need to get in contact with them so i can use my credit on my bossk thats on pre oder.

Does anybody know the monitory value of the credits for 4 figures, like how much of a reduction of my next figure if i wanted to cash them in?
I think 1 figure is 75 credits, how much is that?

cheers

Glitch
04-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Agreed. The prototype pictured on the left looks awful compared to the vintage one on the right. The colors for both the skintone and coat are way too bright and vibrant. I really hate that pastel green color they have on the prototype. The coat also appears too short and too soft in texture. I have a bad feeling that the final product isn't going to look any better.

I've got the perfect fabric (texture, weight and color) ready to go....just in case.

BillMulder
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I just got an e-mail saying that they only got a portion of their brown snake Yodas so mine won't ship until July. Compared to alot of collectors, I'm pretty easy going and I've had pretty good experiences with GG up until this but that is absurd.

AaylaSecurasMan
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
I just got an e-mail saying that they only got a portion of their brown snake Yodas so mine won't ship until July. Compared to alot of collectors, I'm pretty easy going and I've had pretty good experiences with GG up until this but that is absurd.

If they didn't offer a credit on this purchase or a future one, you should request one!

Ed_N
04-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Got the email for both yodas and that they will be processed today but still nothing on my CC.

ddoughboy1978
04-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Gotta wait.... I say Shenanigans! Might have to cancel, I got sideshow stuff I'm paying for that month. Mythos and 1:6 Is higher on my list

jimmii
04-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Only 492 of the brown snake version? That is definitely a rare 12"! I'm stoked!

SexxyDrummerBoy1
04-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Order processed, receipt/confirmation, etc:-)

Sweetness:-)

vadersquest99
04-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Who knows with Gentle Giant if they will just go with what they released already, and issue refunds for the rest.

Glitch
04-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Just received my payment confirmation e-mail for both versions. Should be here mid next week.

:)

Fingers crossed on the cloak.

ramy
04-26-2013, 06:24 AM

Same here.

BillMulder
04-26-2013, 07:09 AM
It seems like they recieved 490 of the 492 figures. :)

The worst part of this is seeing someone who recieved one already selling it on eBay for $350. It would be one thing if a collector got it, decided he didn't want it and then sold it but it's an eBay 'store' so you know this guy bought it with the sole intention of selling it for more than 4 times what he paid. Not that there's any way for GG to force the scalpers to the back of the line but it's frustrating to see a lowlife like that get one when I just want to own it.

Tweekem
04-26-2013, 07:25 AM
I recieved my notices for both Yodas... if they stink I will post em up here and if no one wants em I will simply return them to GG... no ebay scalping or overcharging.... I hate that crud... or mabe even try to get the ESB trooper that I missed out on... decisions decisions..

ramy
04-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Just got my shipping notice.

Zepp_Head
04-26-2013, 12:00 PM
I also just got my shipping notices for both Yodas. But I also got two more notices for figures I already received. Walrusman and Hammerhead. Does that mean I'm getting them again?

Zodach
04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
It was probably just a late shipping notice sent out for Walrusman and Hammerhead. I've had that happen several times where I got the shipping notice after I received the package.

Yoda4501
04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Got email stating my Yoda is on the way. Been a long wait but I cant wait to see the final product next to my MOC Vintage Yodas. Wish I could have thrown down enough cash for the Brown as well but I will settle on the orange snake version.

DarthMickeyMoose
04-27-2013, 01:26 AM
My Yoda should be here monday.I`ll post as soon as I get it. :]

ukepicker
04-27-2013, 05:40 AM
got my notice for the PGM yoda, but no tracking number yet.
hoping that i get the right one!

BillMulder
04-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Someone on eBay has an in-hand picture of the brown snake Yoda up. Click on the link to see the figure but don't forget to laugh at the ridiculous price will you're there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-USA-BROWN-SNAKE-YODA-12-Gentle-Giant-JUMBO-Kenner-ESB-Star-Wars-Toy-/370805270003?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5655b765f3

EDIT: I just realized that guy is NOT using a picture of the GG version in the auction. Unless GG ditched the plastic behind the figures, that's a picture of the 3 3/4 inch one.

SexxyDrummerBoy1
04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Someone on eBay has an in-hand picture of the brown snake Yoda up. Click on the link to see the figure but don't forget to laugh at the ridiculous price will you're there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-USA-BROWN-SNAKE-YODA-12-Gentle-Giant-JUMBO-Kenner-ESB-Star-Wars-Toy-/370805270003?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5655b765f3

EDIT: I just realized that guy is NOT using a picture of the GG version in the auction. Unless GG ditched the plastic behind the figures, that's a picture of the 3 3/4 inch one.

Shipping is only $100...that's a steal:-)

Yoda4501
04-28-2013, 05:00 AM
What a joke that auction is... Checked my email and tracking shows my Orange Snake Version is in town and will be here Monday. Wish mail came on Sundays.

Glitch
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
He arrived just as I was rushing out the door. Will get pics in a few hours.

AussieFortuna
04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
He arrived just as I was rushing out the door. Will get pics in a few hours.

Fantastic, cant wait to see them, im in Aus, mine takes a bit longer to get to me.

Glitch
04-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Well, just as we feared, they screwed up on the cloak. It's FAR too short and not even remotely the right thickness or "fuzziness." In can almost live with that, but the length really blows. Hopefully, it can look a little better with some TLC once it's out of the package.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo1_zpsc6531c9f.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo3_zpsa2fd367e.jpg

JoeCardone
04-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Thank you for the picture :)

Ahh man!! - he just does not look right! - I can' think of any other way of putting it!

vadersquest99
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Hope the pgm is better!

Glitch
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Hope the pgm is better!

It won't be. They're not one to correct things as they go. After all, they re-released the Stormtrooper a few years after the ESB version and it STILL had that horribly inaccurately painted brow.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

justabigkid
04-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Did they just use a piece of tan fleece for the robe?

Glitch
04-29-2013, 07:36 PM
No. It's fuzzy, but not nearly as fuzzy and thick as it should be. However, the length is the real killer.

Yoda4501
04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
I got mine today as well. I don't like how short the robe is and it's even too short in the arms. GG should have laid out an original robe and scanned that in as well rather than build one from scratch which this looks like. I still love the figure and its my first GG Jumbo Vintage Figure. I also like how you can open the figure without really damaging the package. I took Yoda out for display next to my carded vintage Yoda figures.

Glitch
04-29-2013, 09:40 PM
^

Are you able to make the robe look any better once it's out of the package? I'd love to see some loose pics....if possible. I too like it, but the robe is disappointing to say the least.

AussieFortuna
04-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Shocking coloured snake, its a pastal colour, nothing like the real vibrant kenner snake, very disappointing.

Glitch
04-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Shocking coloured snake, its a pastal colour, nothing like the real vibrant kenner snake, very disappointing.

It's not pastel, that's just my pic. Everything is too washed out because it was taken in a brightly lilt room. The color could be brighter, but, as with all these things, the flat finnish of the painted vinyl does not reflect the glossy plastic of the original figures well at all. If it were glossy, it would look MUCH better.

Shabby_Blue
04-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Spraying a clear glossy paint onto that snake could vastly improve it.

Glitch
04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Spraying a clear glossy paint onto that snake could vastly improve it.

You have to be VERY careful. Vinyl is material you can only use certain types of paint/finishes on. Essentially, acrylics and lacquers are fine, but NEVER use enamels. Because the vinyl degases over time (which is why it often smells so strong), enamels will never dry and will always remain sticky.

AllanB
04-30-2013, 07:04 PM
You have to be VERY careful. Vinyl is material you can only use certain types of paint/finishes on. Essentially, acrylics and lacquers are fine, but NEVER use enamels. Because the vinyl degases over time (which is why it often smells so strong), enamels will never dry and will always remain sticky.
*nodding, shakes fist at Lili Ledy* :)

Jedi534
04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
*nodding, shakes fist at Lili Ledy* :)

You will never find, a more wretched paint then the Lili Ledy Yoda feet...

vadersquest99
04-30-2013, 11:39 PM
I have heard that GG did not get their entire allotment from the edition of 492.

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
05-01-2013, 12:44 AM
I have heard that GG did not get their entire allotment from the edition of 492.

It's true. I ordered a few of the Brown Snake and I'm only getting 1. I was told the others would ship in July!!!!

Glitch
05-01-2013, 02:38 AM
GG just sent me the tracking number for the Brown Snake Yoda. Could be here as soon as tomorrow.

captainsolo
05-01-2013, 06:33 AM
My Brown Snake one will be here this week also. I had to order my orange snake one from BBTS.

ramy
05-01-2013, 06:39 AM
I just got my shipping notice too. Mine won't be here until Monday. :(

Zepp_Head
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
It's true. I ordered a few of the Brown Snake and I'm only getting 1. I was told the others would ship in July!!!!

I thought that the brown snake Yoda was limited to only one per membership?

Got my brown snake shipping notice early this morning. Also received my orange snake Yoda on Monday. Yes, he's not perfect but I had to have it since the vintage was my favorite figure. Can't wait for Bespin Luke now! Is Yoda too tall? Is that why the cloak appears too short?

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
No, they weren't limited to 1 per member but even if it was each member of my family has a membership so I could have just split it up the order.

DarthMickeyMoose
05-01-2013, 05:36 PM
There was a delay but My Yoda Brown snake etc should be here tommorow. Yipeee. Then the complaints can really start. :disgusted:

vadersquest99
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I wonder if there was a production error??

DarthMickeyMoose
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
There's Def something going on that hasan't gone on before.

Jay_the_Lesser
05-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Eeeh, the short robe is disappointing. As much as these cost -GG shouldn't be biffing anything.

DarthChristopher
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Got my brown snake Yoda today, and I like it! Cool that this ROTJ version has different card back than ESB version. :)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a640/kenner_kid/GG12Yodabrownsnake1_zps3210b240.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a640/kenner_kid/GG12Yodabrownsnake2_zps9479c7db.jpg

DarthMickeyMoose
05-02-2013, 05:20 PM
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a640/kenner_kid/GG12Yodabrownsnake1_zps3210b240.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a640/kenner_kid/GG12Yodabrownsnake2_zps9479c7db.jpg

Got Mine as well. Have to say I love it. It's not exactly a perfect replica in all ways of the figure, but its a great item.This is a must have! I have no complaints! :grin:

DarthMickeyMoose
05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii622/DarthMickeyMoose/P5021049.jpg

DarthMickeyMoose
05-02-2013, 05:43 PM
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii622/DarthMickeyMoose/P5021048.jpg

DarthMickeyMoose
05-02-2013, 05:44 PM
A few more pictures I just took. Enjoy! :P

AaylaSecurasMan
05-02-2013, 05:45 PM
WOW! I am shocked at how different the color in the hands and feet is to the one in the head :wtf: Glitch's sample doesn't look like that. Is it the lighting in the pic?

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii622/DarthMickeyMoose/P5021048.jpg

DarthMickeyMoose
05-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I'll have to check for you. Im out at the Moment. I didnt notice that until you pointed it out! :(

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
WOW! I am shocked at how different the color in the hands and feet is to the one in the head :wtf: Glitch's sample doesn't look like that. Is it the lighting in the pic?

Glitch has the orange snake ESB version which is different colors.

ddoughboy1978
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Jealous... Gotta wait till July

DarthMickeyMoose
05-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Okay' yes it looks just like the picture I took. They are major league different. I don't know if they'll fix the next load or not. My orange snake Yoda is just like this one.

Zodach
05-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm no vintage Star Wars expert but doesn't the actual brown snake Yoda figure have a different tone of green on the head compared to the hands and feet?

AaylaSecurasMan
05-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm no vintage Star Wars expert but doesn't the actual brown snake Yoda figure have a different tone of green on the head compared to the hands and feet?

I guess so but it is not that notorious IMHO

http://www.rebelscum.com/vintage/vintyodacompfr.jpg

Zodach
05-02-2013, 11:04 PM
That vintage brown snake Yoda figure looks like it has a pretty stark contrast between the head and the hands/feet.

vadersquest99
05-02-2013, 11:27 PM
That's why they are holding back. They must be changing colors. I wonder how many of these got out??

Zepp_Head
05-03-2013, 12:08 AM
I have both the vintage Kenner Yodas. I dont have it right in front of me, but I recall that my brown snake Yoda had a darker green head to match the hands and feet. The Yoda in that Rebelscum archive comparison photo above has a faded head in my opinion, probably due to the plastic degrading over time. One could assume that Gentle Giant's sample figure also had a faded head color, so they matched the Jumbo figure accordingly.

DarthMickeyMoose
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Okay I have dozens of vintage Yoda's carded and loose and this paint job does look to be how the brown snake version is. However its not on the orange snake version to this degree. There is a bit of difference, but nothing like on the brown snake version. My verdict is GG did the correct paint opps on the brown snake version. Just my 2 cents.

Glitch
05-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Glitch has the orange snake ESB version which is different colors.

Have both....but I know what you mean.

Anyway, got the brown snake version yesterday, and, I don't know, I'm just not digging' it. I'm glad they went with the different card and all, but I just grew up with the orange snake version, and that's the only real vintage Yoda to me.

Oh, well...at least it will be painless to get rid of at some point.

ramy
05-03-2013, 07:12 AM
That vintage brown snake Yoda figure looks like it has a pretty stark contrast between the head and the hands/feet.

Even the orange snake one looks different on the head, hands and feet.

Glitch
05-03-2013, 11:04 AM
For the record, I'm not looking to let go of my brown snake Yoda at the moment. I've already received nine PMs. I'm just saying that if I have to, it might not be all that painful to let it go at some point in the future.

Again, I'm keeping him, so, please, no more PMs.

Kaneda_01
05-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I will be selling my two "brown snake" Yoda's in next week or so... I will post in RS classified before kicking then up to eBay. Definitely, decided to stop at the first 21 + variants... this is an easy decision with the crazy prices the "brown snake" version is fetching at the moment, etc. I now only have Power Droid on pre-order with GG to finish my run... :O)

drmdns
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Found some completed ebay listings! :o

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
05-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Found some completed ebay listings! :o

Holy Cow!!!!! $500!!!!! That's crazy!!!

JoeCardone
05-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I did not get my brown snake from GG yet - but I see the pictures - I collect loose variations so here are some to compare - The jumbo yoda just does not look correct to me!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_000665.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_000665.JPG)

BlueSnaggletooth
05-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeesh. Several sold for $500. This is a hot one.

Mine showed up at Blue Snag HQ on Wed. Pretty cool little item, but as others have said I prefer the orange snake to the brown.

-Snags

BillMulder
05-04-2013, 07:20 AM
I had the brown snake Yoda when I was young so even today when I see the Yoda with the orange snake and lighter paint scheme, it looks odd to me.

captainsolo
05-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Holy Cow!!!!! $500!!!!! That's crazy!!!

Yeah, That's insane. Not selling mine, but that's a lot of coin

Planning on opening the Orange Snake version and keeping the Brown one sealed.

DarthMickeyMoose
05-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I think the price will stay high(insane) on the brown snake until the next Im sure much bigger load of them hits in a few months. I don't buy and sell so I wouldn't sell mine as well. Its my Favorite Old Vintage figure and Im sure many others. Really everyone who had any Vintage Star wars figures Had a Yoda. He's the only Vintage figure that has a smile on his face.:grin:

DarthBeek
05-04-2013, 11:21 AM
He's the only Vintage figure that has a smile on his face.:grin:

Teeth Lando....

DarthMickeyMoose
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah well I'm not counting him. Funny I have the GG one sitting right in front of me. Poor Lando. He gets no respect.

trigger2k10
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I ordered a brown snake version from someone on eBay last week who says they may not get it until July. If I have to wait more than 90 days, they could just keep my money since it would be too late to file a dispute or leave feedback.

Hopefully nothing like that will happen. I'm looking forward to getting this one.

I imagine these will rarely come up on eBay after a while once they're in the hands of real collectors. I'm having a hard time finding a cloaked Jawa at a reasonable price. Got the vinyl one.

DarthMickeyMoose
05-05-2013, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=trigger2k10;19129948]I ordered a brown snake version from someone on eBay last week who says they may not get it until July. If I have to wait more than 90 days, they could just keep my money since it would be too late to file a dispute or leave feedback.

Hopefully nothing like that will happen. I'm looking forward to getting this one.

Boy I might have a worry about waiting 90 days. I'd contact ebay about that. Although I consider them useless in about every deal they are really needed for.:hmm:

trigger2k10
05-06-2013, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=trigger2k10;19129948]I ordered a brown snake version from someone on eBay last week who says they may not get it until July. If I have to wait more than 90 days, they could just keep my money since it would be too late to file a dispute or leave feedback.

Boy I might have a worry about waiting 90 days. I'd contact ebay about that. Although I consider them useless in about every deal they are really needed for.:hmm:

Yeah, the seller had good feedback, but over 90 days the transaction may as well never have existed. I think the auction and all possible actions are pretty much wiped out. I'll have to check into it.

One thing that worries me is the cane though. It's way too light for BSY. I put these pics up on another forum as comparison. First my originals, then the GG version:

http://i.imgur.com/QUuqQL6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tB4cyDA.jpg

I'm thinking this may be something they're fixing. I don't see why it would take until July to ship the next batch...

Ross_C
05-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Ebay preorders have to be available to the buyesr in 30 days from the sell closing date. You can report this and bail on the sale if you like. After 45 days from paying you're at the mercey of the seller.

As a Yoda focus collector I'm not too pleased with the cloaks on these figures and the brown snake version hues are just not right. Yes I've seen and have many variations as others have pointed out but obviously in Kenner's history and what would be smart now is too have the head and limbs match in hue. It's like not much thought went into this, good thing the reference photo/figure was'nt missing an eye paint op or the such. :)

I ordered a brown snake version from someone on eBay last week who says they may not get it until July. If I have to wait more than 90 days, they could just keep my money since it would be too late to file a dispute or leave feedback.

I imagine these will rarely come up on eBay after a while once they're in the hands of real collectors. I'm having a hard time finding a cloaked Jawa at a reasonable price. Got the vinyl one.

DarthMickeyMoose
05-06-2013, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Ross_C;19130424]Ebay preorders have to be available to the buyesr in 30 days from the sell closing date. You can report this and bail on the sale if you like. After 45 days from paying you're at the mercey of the seller.

As a Yoda focus collector I'm not too pleased with the cloaks on these figures and the brown snake version hues are just not right. Yes I've seen and have many variations as others have pointed out but obviously in Kenner's history and what would be smart now is too have the head and limbs match in hue. It's like not much thought went into this, good thing the reference photo/figure was'nt missing an eye paint op or the such. :)[/QUOTE

I agree the Yoda is not perfect but really there are bugs I think with all of the figures that have been made. Paint opps are wrong, Size's, etc on many if not all. There really more like a large Vinyle figure than a large plastic action figure replica in anyway. I can accept most of that just can't really justfiy the price on most. My 2 cents. :|