PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers - Age of Ultron

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GNT
04-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Please note, this thread may contain SPOILERS, if you haven't seen the first Avengers film or don't want to be spoiled please leave this thread now....

Last bit of news:

In October 2011, producer Kevin Feige hinted at a sequel to The Avengers during the New York Comic Con stating, "Iron Man 3 will be the first of what we sort of refer to as phase two of this saga that will culminate, God willing, in Avengers 2". In March 2012, Joss Whedon stated that he would want a sequel to be "...smaller. More personal. More painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself." At the premiere of The Avengers, Kevin Fiege said they have an option for Whedon to direct The Avengers 2 when and if the time comes

The first film leaves us screaming for more from the Avengers universe, individual films are great but seeing all the heroes in one spot is pretty impressive. How can they top the first Avengers film? Should we see some new superheroes brought into the mix? Do you think they'll stick with Thanos for the sequel? Maybe go for the Infinity Gauntlet storyline as it was seen in the Asgard vault in Thor?

I heard 2015 might be when the next film gets released, so the next few years might be a good chance for Marvel to launch some new Superheroes and then tie them into the next Avengers film.

Any thoughts on the possible sequel?

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
04-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I'd like to see them go deeper into the Avengers roster, rather than just stick with the primary cast they have now. Granted, I'd still want them to keep the same cast, only add to it and not replace people.

Cornfedbigdaddy
04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
So many characters to choose from: Red Hulk, Quake, Protector etc.....

Masterfett
05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't mind Hulk leaving, but I'd really like to see Ant-Man and Wasp in a sequel.
Maybe even Ms. Marvel, Vision, Black Panther, Spider-woman, and Firestar.

I know since Sony owns Spider-Man and Fox Wolverine, we'll most likely never see them on the team.

can't see the main cast going for too long for budget reasons, and probably wont see too many sequels due to not many star power members to drive the films.

StarbaseEarth
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Lose Iron Man and Hulk in the next one (or just small cameos)and add Ant/Giant Man, Wasp, and Vision.

jlw515
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Well, given that Thanos is in the bonus credit scene, I guess that shows the direction Avengers 2 will go.

Jason

CadBane
05-04-2012, 12:09 PM
No way bro Iron Man and Hulk are the cooler third of the team.

DagMarus
05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, there's no way they'll get rid of the two most marketable, interesting characters. MAYBE the Hulk, but Tony Stark? Hell no.

CadBane
05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Only way Tony Stark is going to be outted is if Downey falls of the wagon.

DarthAndosMan
05-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Well played Marvel... well played

Now bring me THE INFINITY GAUNTLE​T

DarthAndosMan
05-04-2012, 08:39 PM
okay, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT

http://www.10mfh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Infinity-Gauntlet-in-Thor-Screencap2-580x244.jpg

Okay so in Thor as the Frost giants are stealing the box and the Destroyer pwns them and as they run away it can be seen in the background.

Masterfett
05-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, given that Thanos is in the bonus credit scene, I guess that shows the direction Avengers 2 will go.

Jason
Which in a way kind of bothers me, it means at least two Avenger movies will feature the same Villain.
True he wasn't in the foreground in the first, but he's definitely pulling Loki's strings.
So if he becomes the main bad guy in the sequel, that means he's technically in both.

I just hope they plan to make a lot more movies to fit all the cool Villains in, still need o see Kang the Conqueror on the big screen too!
Also was hoping for the Skrulls, but now they'll just seem too similar to the Chitauri.

Also the reason I chose Hulk and Stark is because they both have their own movie franchise, and leave frequently.
And someone has to leave to open up a spot for some new Avengers, I can't imagine adding more while still keeping all the originals.
That would be way too many characters to follow, and I think the movie would suffer by having too much going on.

I guess though Hank and Janet Pym could just be secondary background characters, and not have them in any major fight scenes.
Ms. Marvel could take the place of Hulk, essentially a flying powerhouse.

I dunno who do you sub out they all have their appeal but like I said most already have their own movie franchise.

GNT
05-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Also was hoping for the Skrulls, but now they'll just seem too similar to the Chitauri.

I don't know if it's true but I heard they can't use Skrulls exactly since 20th Century Fox has the rights for it (under the Fantastic Four rights)

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't know if it's true but I heard they can't use Skrulls exactly since 20th Century Fox has the rights for it (under the Fantastic Four rights)

That's the going idea about the Skrulls. Very unfortunate that Marvel ddin't think to consolidate their licenses since virtually all their franchises cross paths at some point.

Personally, I'd take out Black Widow and Hawkeye in the next movie and replace them Hank, Janet, and Ms Marvel. I think you could pull two and replace them with three easily enough; plus, I think Black Widow and Hawkeye are going to have their own movies or just be added on to the SHIELD movie.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Kelsey Grammer come back to play Beast on the Avengers...

Rod
05-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I saw an interview with Whedon and he said he wanted to use a group from from the Marvel Universe but not one with such back story and/or explanation needed.

deathstar1000
05-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Disney needs to flex their muscle ($$$) and buy back all the rights for the characters.

Galen_Marek
05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Disney needs to flex their muscle ($$$) and buy back all the rights for the characters.

The price to buy those characters back is probably double what it was 4 days ago and maybe 10 times what it was 4 years ago.

deathstar1000
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
They still have the money. LOL!

GNT
05-05-2012, 08:57 PM

Would be nice to see Wolverine and Spiderman in the mix, I don't care about Fantastic Four but it would be great to see them all co-exist in the same universe. Sadly I doubt we'll see Marvel get the rights back anytime soon.

LordStarscream
05-05-2012, 11:11 PM
At the moment my thought is Thor 2 will involve the Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers 2 will deal with the effects of Thanos getting ahold of it, but that's just total speculation.

And I would love to see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine get tossed in with these guys. Spider-man I don't really care one way or the other about at this point, especially since I don't know how I'll like the new version.

BlueSnaggletooth
05-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Would be cool to see Vision and Scarlet Witch in the next movie. Or Hank Pym and the Wasp. No Spider-Man and no Wolverine PLEASE...

-Snags

deathstar1000
05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I read that Coulson could become Vision. Not really familiar with Vision's character.

Lee_Gray
05-06-2012, 02:55 AM
As it says spoilers I can say this...........The one thing I disliked about the Avengers film was how lightly Loki got let off, I mean he kills all these innocent ppl and agents then when hes beaten, he comes out with I think I will have that drink now as if its funny what he has done and its all light hearted......no doubt his adopted dad will tell him off and not to do it again and forgive him.

I would like to see wonderman and Namor and Vision from the original videogame and maybe Juggernaut as a henchman. I quite like black widow too so hope she stays, would be a bit odd in my opinon though to have other superheroes in the mix who were never avengers.

WarCry
05-06-2012, 02:55 PM
As it says spoilers I can say this...........The one thing I disliked about the Avengers film was how lightly Loki got let off, I mean he kills all these innocent ppl and agents then when hes beaten, he comes out with I think I will have that drink now as if its funny what he has done and its all light hearted......no doubt his adopted dad will tell him off and not to do it again and forgive him.

Loki is - for all intents and purposes - a god. What do you think SHIELD or anyone else could have done with him? DO you think they could seriously contain him if he didn't want to be contained? For the record, the mysterious Council, headed by Lt Col Tanner from Red Dawn (how's THAT for a reference for ya!), wasn't exactly thrilled, either. I think no one will be bothered by Loki again for a good long while.

I would like to see wonderman and Namor and Vision from the original videogame and maybe Juggernaut as a henchman. I quite like black widow too so hope she stays, would be a bit odd in my opinon though to have other superheroes in the mix who were never avengers.

There really aren't that many heroes in the Marvel Universe that are not - or have not been - Avengers throughout their career.

If I had anything to complain about, it's two things: 1) I would have liked to have seen a reunion between Cap and Dum Dum Dugan as Fury's right-hand man. I also wouldn't have minded seeing a scene somewhere along the line with Cap picking up Thor's hammer (being one of the - if not THE - only mortals ever shown to be worthy). They sort of dealt with this other side of this, but I'd have liked to see Cap do it and the shocked look on Thor's face.

Both of these would have taken just a little bit of exposition, and in an already-near 2.5 hours, I can see why they didn't.

Darth_Engelhast
05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
If I had anything to complain about, it's two things: 1) I would have liked to have seen a reunion between Cap and Dum Dum Dugan as Fury's right-hand man.

That is the problem with setting the core story in today's time period. You can't have Nick Fury with the Howling Commandos in WWII because he would be an ancient old man in the current time line...thus you can't have any of the howling commandos either because they would be serious old folks. I mean 70 years had passed since Cap crashed into the ICE. Dum Dum and the others would have to be near a hundred years old now. The math does not work anymore. Dum Dum and the others could only realistically appear as members of SHEILD if the movie were to take place in the 70's.

A SHEILD movie set in the 70's with Sam Jackson as Fury? Where do I get in Line for THAT?

GNT
05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm not all up to date on the Marvel univers but maybe they can find a way to transport back (and forth) in time, if aliens can transport across the universe then anything is possible really. I also believe at one point in the near future Cap will head back in time to go on that date he was meant to go on. :p

WarCry
05-06-2012, 11:34 PM
That is the problem with setting the core story in today's time period. You can't have Nick Fury with the Howling Commandos in WWII because he would be an ancient old man in the current time line...thus you can't have any of the howling commandos either because they would be serious old folks. I mean 70 years had passed since Cap crashed into the ICE. Dum Dum and the others would have to be near a hundred years old now. The math does not work anymore. Dum Dum and the others could only realistically appear as members of SHEILD if the movie were to take place in the 70's.

A SHEILD movie set in the 70's with Sam Jackson as Fury? Where do I get in Line for THAT?

I'm not all up to date on the Marvel univers but maybe they can find a way to transport back (and forth) in time, if aliens can transport across the universe then anything is possible really. I also believe at one point in the near future Cap will head back in time to go on that date he was meant to go on. :p

In the comics, Dugan WAS one of the Howling Commandos, and was STILL part of SHIELD even after so long. It was answered that he - and several members of the Commandos - were treated with the "Infinity Formula", a less-potent formula to attempt to replicate the Super-Soldier serum. For that matter, Nick Fury himself WAS a Howling Commando, and used the same thing to keep going.

It's a comic book movie! Trust me, they can FIND an answer.

LordStarscream
05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I realize this is ridiculous, but I want time travel or some other plot device employed to get Peggy Carter and Steve Rogers back together.

Darth_Engelhast
05-07-2012, 12:18 AM
In the comics, Dugan WAS one of the Howling Commandos, and was STILL part of SHIELD even after so long. It was answered that he - and several members of the Commandos - were treated with the "Infinity Formula", a less-potent formula to attempt to replicate the Super-Soldier serum. For that matter, Nick Fury himself WAS a Howling Commando, and used the same thing to keep going.

It's a comic book movie! Trust me, they can FIND an answer.

If they WANTED to find that particular answer Nick Fury would have been in the Captain America movie like he should have been. Those chickens have hatched IMHO and its too late to go down that road now in the movies.

WarCry
05-07-2012, 12:40 AM
If they WANTED to find that particular answer Nick Fury would have been in the Captain America movie like he should have been. Those chickens have hatched IMHO and its too late to go down that road now in the movies.

Well, Neal McDonough has already said he expects to be in a Nick Fury/SHIELD movie, so the only real question would then become the time-frame it's set it.

Darth_Engelhast
05-07-2012, 12:54 AM
^
Hopefully it is set in the past so we can see Agent Coulson again. I think it would be awesome if they set it in the 70's to be honest.

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Well, Neal McDonough has already said he expects to be in a Nick Fury/SHIELD movie, so the only real question would then become the time-frame it's set it.

What he expects doesn't always work out in Hollywood...

Masterfett
05-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Well they could always bring Dugan into the mix by him being in suspended animation, and is revived in the current timeline.

But I honestly don't see how he would appear in a Nick Fury movie, not to mention that I heard a rumor it's set in fury's early past so even SLJ would be too old for the part.

I really don't want them setting it too far in the past, First Class already went down that road and kind of ruined the timeline.

I think we might see Sharon Carter, but the only way we might see peggy or Dugan would be flashbacks.

I could possibly see letting BW and Hawkeye go, but those are the only two who rely on skills to fight.
So you'd lose that element, though I wouldn't mind if they didn't return, they never were my in my faves.

Also IMO I don't see either of them being able to carry their own movie.

MrPickles
05-11-2012, 12:47 AM
I hope they do add some new team members.

Darth_Engelhast
05-11-2012, 02:22 AM
I hope they do add some new team members.

Same. I don't know if I want to see Wasp and Antman though to be honest. I just think they would be too damned silly in live action. I understand why people want them but I really don't think they have thought it out.

Toonimator
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Ant-Man (or Giant-Man) and Wasp don't really 'fit' with what's been shown in the Marvel Studios movie universe so far. I have little doubt they COULD make it work somehow, in the right hands (they've got the Tesseract as a way to explain all kinds of things, especially related to Phase 2--Nega Bands? Pym Particles? Don't even need all that, many heroes' powers could be the result of the good ol' Cosmic Cube in some SHIELD tech), but I'd rather they not even bother. Especially since we'd probably have to suffer through the domestic abuse stuff they're so known for. I'd rather they avoid all of that.

Ms. Marvel, as a bit of a cosmic-related hero, would make the most sense especially if Thanos is around for the sequel. Vision could work, as an outgrowth of Tony's work rather than Pym/Ultron/etc (other fans have pointed out, you've already got Tony Stark and Bruce Banner on board as science geniuses... there's no real need to bring Pym in as a major player)... Tony builds robots with personality, he programmed an AI to assist him in his home AND in his armor, he's got a suit that can basically fly around on its own somewhat, and if rumors are true, IM3 may deal with something similar to the Extremis storyline where his armor will literally gain a mind of its own. It's not a far jump from "sentient armor" to "sentient android". And if it's based on Coulson's brain-patterns, even better since we'd get more Clark Gregg (Tony's girlfriend is very friendly with Coulson, so of course she'd wanna save him if it were possible). He'd be pretty great as a revamped Vision. And if it was some joint effort between Tony and Thor, with some Asgardian 'magic' thrown in, it could give whatever Tony builds different abilities than just another flying suit of armor with repulsor-blasts and whatnot making Vision more distinct from Iron Man, War Machine, and the other Avengers. They could easily have Coulson actually be alive but comatose (covered up by Fury until they manage to find a way to save him)

Scarlet Witch and/or Quicksilver, I hope they leave out. Apparently Avengers OR X-Men can use those characters, provided they remove any & all references to the other 'universe' (ie Wanda & Pietro could be Avengers, but they wouldn't be mutants since mutants don't exist in the Marvel Studios films). They can do Black Panther, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel (or just call her Captain Marvel), and more. Even if Disney dropped the massive amount of money required to buy back the rights to Spider-Man and the X-Men, I don't think that means Spidey or Wolverine should join the movie team. They're great on the Avengers in the comics, but it's massive overkill for the films.

Hawkeye & Black Widow may not be able to hold a solo movie...but TOGETHER, and with Nick Fury? They could make one amazing SHIELD movie with them.

Darth_Engelhast
05-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Avengers 2: Divide and Conquer

Thanos splits the team in two by sending Captain America, Hulk, and Thor off world to another Planet where they are made to fight for their lives Gladiatorial style. Meanwhile the arguably weaker non super-powered Avengers with a couple new members are left to fend off another even greater and widespread alien invasion of the Planet Earth.

There is my pitch for the 2nd film.

Toonimator
05-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Might be a better pitch for a Justice League movie... with Mongul (another Thanos/Darkseid 'lookalike') as the baddie. He's already got a gladiatorial-themed world: Warworld! (sometimes it's more like a Death Star, but in the Justice League animated series it was a 'duel to the death' gladiator-world)

Darth_Engelhast
05-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Might be a better pitch for a Justice League movie... with Mongul (another Thanos/Darkseid 'lookalike') as the baddie. He's already got a gladiatorial-themed world: Warworld! (sometimes it's more like a Death Star, but in the Justice League animated series it was a 'duel to the death' gladiator-world)

The Gladiatorial combat world concept has been explored in marvel also in several different variations including the Secret Wars. How cool would it be to see all the Marvel properties build up to that on the big screen?

http://www.herogames.org/files/image/hulk-gladiators_1.jpg

I honestly don't care how they do it but I really think restricting the action of Avengers 2 to Planet Earth would be a huge mistake.

Masterfett
05-11-2012, 08:39 PM
In a way I agree it would be nice to see different locations, but them you'd lose that fighting for humanity and earth vibe.
Which is really what IMO made it a great movie, otherwise your average person might just see it as another Sci-Fi movie.

But I do like your divide and conquer idea!

I also believe that Ant-Mant and Wasp could work in live action, just reinvent them a little like they've done to other characters.
No need to dwell on their personal issues etc.
Just use them as support characters not actual front line soldiers, you never know when you might need someone the size of an ant or a twenty story building.

Darth_Engelhast
05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
^
You don't have to be ON Earth to fight FOR Earth. Flash Gordon?

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
05-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Avengers 2 - the Kree/Skrull war story.

Or in this case Kree/Chitauri war (or change the Kree to something else if they're locked up in another deal). Takes them off Earth. Adjust the story to fit in Thanos for the third movie and there you go.

Masterfett
05-12-2012, 11:54 PM
^
You don't have to be ON Earth to fight FOR Earth. Flash Gordon?

True but a lot of people that go to the movies need that human/earth element to remind them what is being saved.
If they're on a different planet most moviegoers might feel it has noting to do with their survival.

Darth_Engelhast
05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
^
That's pretty closed minded unimaginative thinking IMHO. The last thing a comic book movie needs.

If said alien planet has intentions to destroy Earth I don't see how going there to stop them from doing it would confuse the audience about what is being fought for. Did people forget why Bruce Willis and Ben were flying into space to blow up a giant asteroid in Armageddon? I'm cool with you having problems with taking the story off Earth but so far i am not buying your reasons.

Masterfett
05-15-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't have the problem with it though, I'm merely stating there is a risk in alienating some viewers by making it in space as opposed to on earth.

Darth_Engelhast
05-15-2012, 12:23 AM
^
well it would actually be both. Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansson, and Iron Man would be left back on earth to duke it out with the big bads.

GNT
08-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Joss Whedon to Write and Direct The Avengers 2

During Disney's earnings call today, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger announced that Joss Whedon has officially signed on to write and direct The Avengers 2. He also revealed that Whedon will have a hand in the creation of the proposed Marvel TV show for ABC.
It is obviously no surprise that Disney and Marvel Studios wanted Whedon back, as the first film is third on the all-time worldwide box office list with $1.461 billion.
No official word on how soon his work on either of these projects will start, but keep your attention here as we will undoubtedly have the latest very soon.

From SHH

Darth_Engelhast
08-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Lets just hope the studio does not strong arm Joss into making a movie they THINK people wants.

LordStarscream
08-07-2012, 07:18 PM
The awesomeness of that news is off the charts, expected or not.

DarthAndosMan
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Well who didn't see that coming.

DarkManX
08-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Pure awesome.

Gambit
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Well who didn't see that coming.

Well, you never know. Favreau, Branagh and Johnston left so it was (however small) a possibility.

The_Chosen_1
08-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Awesome news! B)

ThorOakenfelder
08-07-2012, 10:40 PM
with the director of Scott Pilgrim, Hot Fuzz, Shawn of the Dead and more working on an Ant Man film, I bet we see him and Wasp. I wonder when we'll get an announcement of a new Hulk film.

Gambit
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
So far they keep saying no to a new Hulk film. There's been talk of a new TV series though.

Deathbymonkeys
08-08-2012, 03:18 AM
This is just awesome and I'm so glad they got him back. As good as the characters are the success of the first avengers was 100% Wheadon getting it. And I can't wait to see what he does with them without having to do the origin story.

mousedroid
08-08-2012, 09:02 AM
My guess on the TV series... Runaways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaways_(comics))

Deathbymonkeys
08-08-2012, 02:33 PM
My guess on the TV series... Runaways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaways_(comics))

That would actually be a good tv series. The tone is right for tv. I'm beyond disappointed they didn't do aka Jessica jones.

DarthAndosMan
08-08-2012, 04:36 PM
So far they keep saying no to a new Hulk film. There's been talk of a new TV series though.

Yeah, it all depends on if Ruffalo wants to do a movie or not.

GNT
08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, it all depends on if Ruffalo wants to do a movie or not.

He probably wouldn't have a choice, he'd be tied into a multi movie deal when he took on the role so unless his really bad we'll be seeing him in 3-5 films at least.

TheAQU4M4N
08-09-2012, 09:45 AM
anyone else think Hank Pym (Ant-Man) could have replaced Stellan's character as the doctor? I think it would have been nice to add him there but just have him as a supporting character and possibly hint at the Ant-Man tech.

Deathbymonkeys
08-09-2012, 10:03 AM
They could have. But as I think hank pym is the worst character in any marvel universe I'm very glad they went the other way.

DarkManX
08-09-2012, 10:32 PM
You've already got Banner,Stark,and Thor's science friends why add another one to the mix?

Deathbymonkeys
08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't mind him having his own movie but not being in avengers. Maybe mentioned.

GNT
08-10-2012, 03:36 AM
From SHH:

Avengers 2 in May 2015?

No official word on this one, as MTV simply sources 'several industry insiders', but the mumblings have begun that The Avengers 2 will hit theaters on May 1st, 2015. With Joss having just signed his exclusive TV and film contract with Marvel it would make sense for the film to be released around that time, and as an insider told MTV: Marvel has a very set agenda of what they want to do, they are already kind of ahead of the game [on the sequel] because they've got the guy that did it before doing it again and something tells me Joss already has the template [for the film]

With four (possibly five) more movies between now and then it seems likely, but Marvel definitely has their hands full. What do you think? Will you be able to wait three years for The Avengers 2?

TheAQU4M4N
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
well as i have stated that I would have like to see if Hank replaced Stellan (Thor's science friend) because i think it would have been a better choice in some regards.

The_Chosen_1
08-10-2012, 11:55 PM
With four (possibly five) more movies between now and then...

There have been five Phase 2 films confirmed: Iron Man 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man

Will you be able to wait three years for The Avengers 2?

We did it for Star Wars, so I'm pretty confident it won't be that difficult to wait. We'll have five films to tide us over, after all. B)

Deathbymonkeys
08-11-2012, 01:45 AM
There have been five Phase 2 films confirmed: Iron Man 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man

We did it for Star Wars, so I'm pretty confident it won't be that difficult to wait. We'll have five films to tide us over, after all. B)

This and the hobbits. And xmen. :) it's a good time to be a geek.

Masterfett
08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
This and the hobbits. And xmen. :) it's a good time to be a geek.

Providing they fix the whole X-Men continuity debacle, or set it straight in the new movie and tie it in with The Wolverine.

DarthAndosMan
08-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey, if theres any way they could make us forget X-Men: The Last Stand ever happend i'll be cool either way.

Darth_Engelhast
08-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm just glad that after the total bomb that was X-Men Origins Wolverine that they did not give up on Hugh Jackman and opt for a complete reboot of the character. I feel sorry for Jackman because he is the PERFECT guy to be playing Wolverine but he has yet to be in a single GREAT movie as the character (aside from the cameo in First Class)

I kinda feel sorry for Ryan Reynolds also because his Wade Wilson early on in XOW was pretty awesome. Same with Taylor Kitsch. I would love to see him reprise his role in a Gambit feature film.

DarthAndosMan
08-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Isn't that Deadpool movie being made? Or is it still in development hell.

The_Chosen_1
08-12-2012, 12:54 AM
^Pretty much the latter, from what I've seen lately.

Gambit
08-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Same with Taylor Kitsch. I would love to see him reprise his role in a Gambit feature film.

Yeah, he deserves another shot. I waited years for Gambit to finally make it into a film and what we got sucked. But it wasn't Kitsch's fault.

Darth_Engelhast
08-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Yeah, he deserves another shot. I waited years for Gambit to finally make it into a film and what we got sucked. But it wasn't Kitsch's fault.

Not at all. As I said he was a great Gambit in an awful, awful movie. I can't say I have ever been as disgusted with a movie as I was with that flick....it makes The Phantom Menace look like freakn' Citizen Kane. What they did with Deadpool is just unforgivably insulting to the character and the audience alike. Anyone that walked out of the theater thinking XMOW was a great movie was either a six year old child or needs to have a swift kick to their head. I'd watch The Halle Berry Catwoman a thousand times over before ever even thinking of watching that crap again.

Gambit
08-12-2012, 03:29 AM
I think Deadpool has to be the worst adaptation of a comic character ever. Or at least tied with Bane in Batman and Robin. What makes it even more disappointing is that they had great casting and just wasted it. In the few scenes he had as Wade, Reynolds was awesome. I felt bad for the guy during press for the film because you could tell he wasn't happy, and even embarrassed, by what they had done and was trying to let the fans know he shared their frustration.

AdmiralThreepio
08-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I respected Ryan Reynolds for his effort as Wade Wilson. But all that respect was lost after seeing him as Hal Jordan.

DarkManX
08-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Not at all. As I said he was a great Gambit in an awful, awful movie. I can't say I have ever been as disgusted with a movie as I was with that flick....it makes The Phantom Menace look like freakn' Citizen Kane. What they did with Deadpool is just unforgivably insulting to the character and the audience alike. Anyone that walked out of the theater thinking XMOW was a great movie was either a six year old child or needs to have a swift kick to their head. I'd watch The Halle Berry Catwoman a thousand times over before ever even thinking of watching that crap again.

While I get your sentiment, you have to remember that most people don't know who he is and a good percentage of us that do know who he is see him as Liefield crap. He's at best a C List character to begin with. Giving him all those powers was dumb,I fully agree,but the general viewing public doesn't know or care about those changes.

Darth_Engelhast
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
^
the general viewing public are idiots. Every time Hollywood panders to them and starts monkeying with the details they end up putting out forgettable garbage like XMO Wolverine, Blade 3, and Spiderman 3. If the general viewing numbnut does not know or care about those changes then why make them at all? Someone high up did not understand Deadpool as a character and decided that THEY knew best what he kind of bad guy he should be. WRONG!!!

I honestly don't know who made the call to totally trash everything awesome about Deadpool and replace him with a sorry knock off of a Mortal Kombat character but they should NEVER be allowed to work in movies again. It was such an idiotic and uncalled for revamping. The thing that really makes me most angry about that flick is that all of the components were there for them to do something great with it and they totally screwed it up.

DarthAndosMan
08-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I respected Ryan Reynolds for his effort as Wade Wilson. But all that respect was lost after seeing him as Hal Jordan.

I didn't mind him as Hal Jordan. He was the cocky pilot who no one believed could hold the ring, it was just everything else that sucked.

Darth_Engelhast
08-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I thought Green Lantern was an okay movie. DC stuff is camp from the get go so it has that working against it right out the gate.

DarthAndosMan
08-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Had it spent more time with the Lanterns and less time on earth with that lame relationship I would've like it more. Also if Paralex didn't look like the aftermath of what a spicy bean burrito binge looks like.

Darth_Engelhast
08-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I actually really liked the design of Paralex. I thought he was pretty damn frightening in fact.

But yeah more time spent in space with the Corps. would have been nice and I'm sure we would have gotten more of that had this movie not bombed. Unfortunately they had to deal with all the earthy origin junk in the first film.

Gambit
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
At least he wasn't a big cloud in space.

Darth_Engelhast
08-12-2012, 11:09 PM
At least he wasn't a big cloud in space.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/a97/40e/fdd/resized/spiderman-meme-generator-my-sarcasm-senses-are-tingling-2356a2.jpg?1323024736.jpg

I think the cloud worked good for Paralex on the big big screen. A gigantic yellow space grasshopper would been pretty dumb. Gallactus on the other hand should never have been a space cloud.

DarthAndosMan
08-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Frikin FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer, I remember getting sooo exited to see Galactus and it turned out to being nothing more than a pink fart cloud. Then again 2007 was a terrible year for Marvel, I really do think if Iron Man never happened (or even didn't work) Marvel would've probably been a laughing stock of the comic world.

Darth_Engelhast
08-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Fantastic 4 is another one that SHOULD HAVE worked but the suits running things thought they knew better. They just HAD to shoehorn a lame love triangle into the plot and totally castrate Dr. Doom. The cast was great though IMHO. Probably should have done The Thing CGI but I don't think the effects of the time were quite up to that task yet.

DarthAndosMan
08-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I blame FOX. They were the ones calling the shots same with X-Men, then again FOX has a reputation of ruining things.

Gambit
08-12-2012, 11:48 PM
As sucky as the FF movies were they at least got a few things right. Johnny and Ben's casting was spot on, and I thought Silver Surfer was handled pretty well. The rest was garbage though. Doom and Galactus were butchered.

jedicrippler
08-13-2012, 12:36 AM
They were both still better than the Corman one. Seeing Alicia Masters being cloroformed from her point of view was just.....ugh.

Deathbymonkeys
08-13-2012, 02:57 AM
I loved Evans and chicklis as thing and torch. They were amazing. Alba was serviceable. Doom and reed were awful. Just awful. I do think they weren't the worst script and pretty well done movies, just everything with reed and doom individually and about their characters was a train wreck. Those actors were all wrong? Tim story seemed to Wally ry and care about the movies. It felt like the studio interferred just like xmen. Especially in the action scenes.

Darth_Engelhast
08-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I actually really liked Reed. I thought Alba was the weak link to be honest. I think Katherine Heigl would make a much better Sue Strom.

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebsalon.sheknows.com/2008/06/katherine-heigl-short-blonde-curly-hairstyle.jpg

Deathbymonkeys
08-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I actually really liked Reed. I thought Alba was the weak link to be honest. I think Katherine Heigl would make a much better Sue Strom.

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebsalon.sheknows.com/2008/06/katherine-heigl-short-blonde-curly-hairstyle.jpg

Lol yeah she's probably the most annoying actress in the world to me.

DarthAndosMan
08-16-2012, 03:39 PM
OFFICAL AVENGERS 2 RELEASE DATE: MAY 1, 2015 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/16/is-this-avengers-2s-release-date)

http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif

LordStarscream
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Excellent! 987 days to go!

Masterfett
08-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Honestly, I don't think I need to know a release date that far in advance.

Darth_Engelhast
08-16-2012, 11:10 PM

I know right? It IS however the only kind of date some of these guys will ever get to be excited about. :awesome:

Deathbymonkeys
08-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Are you kidding me. Now I can plan my 2015 Vacation.

ThorOakenfelder
08-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Good to know I can start trying to find a babysitter for the kids now.

Masterfett
08-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Good to know I can start trying to find a babysitter for the kids now.
Why? By then they should be old enough to go with.;)

GNT
08-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Considering it can always change. Nothing to get excited about atm.

ThorOakenfelder
08-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Why? By then they should be old enough to go with.;)

When you've got kids, you've got to plan your date nights like 2 years in advance. :D

Masterfett
08-29-2012, 07:41 PM
According to Deadline ABS has green lit and ordered a Pilot for the marvel series S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's still unknown if it will tie in with the current movie timeline/universe, or possibly earlier in fury's career.

I'm a little torn between wanting it to tie in with the movies for the simple fact of maybe a guest appearance by one of the movie cast.
Or being set earlier in time so that we can get Dum Dum Dugan and Sharon Carter in the fold.

Also with a series you could have all the other Avengers drop in from time to time, get more time with the second stringers if you will.

Though I do feel it could be too much having a series and movies going at the same time.
It would be cool though to have a live action series to tune into every week. The animated series is cool and fun, but I always prefer live action first.

ABC also is thinking a Hulk series too.

LordStarscream
08-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about the TV show news and very interested to see what direction they go with it.

DarthAndosMan
08-29-2012, 11:38 PM
abc also is thinking a hulk series too.

Woot! Woot! Woot!

The_Chosen_1
08-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Very cool news about the possible S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show. I feel like that's the best medium to portray an organization like that, and to be able to show ongoing missions/special agent type of stuff.

My only hope is that it will be within the same canon as the current Marvel movie universe, and maybe even feature a few cameos from the likes of Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, or Clark Gregg.

Masterfett
08-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Well since Cobie has another TV series she might not have the freedom for another, but she'd be perfect fit for it.
She could essentially be in charge while Fury is away on Field missions, unless SLJ doesn't want too much money to show up more often.

Also with Gregg's character being dead, I'm not sure where that could go.
But I'd like to see him return to the role.

The_Chosen_1
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Well since Cobie has another TV series she might not have the freedom for another, but she'd be perfect fit for it.

That's why I said "cameo". ;)

DarthAndosMan
08-31-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm very curious who they'll have as S.H.I.E.L.D operatives and what they will have to deal with. Obscure marvel villians/heroes appearing anything can happen (provided the TV budget), hopefully its an hour long.

Mildoo
08-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Hopefully it lasts six season and a movie.

Masterfett
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I realize it's still too far out, but this series could also be used to introduce characters into the movies.
Instead of gambling on a big budget movie for say Ant-Man, Dr. Strange etc. Put them on the TV show for a few episodes, then cast them in one of the Avengers sequels.

Also I heard Joss is adding one more hero to the A2 cast, I wonder who it might be?
Ant-Man, Black Panther, ???

Considering they already have Bruce and Tony, I don't think they need another genius type character.
But I'd like to see Black Panther, he's another regular guy with skills.
Though to be honest they could use another superhero, Hulk and Thor are the only two with powers.
Ms. Marvel perhaps, or Scarlet Witch, maybe even Spider-Woman.

ThorOakenfelder
09-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I realize it's still too far out, but this series could also be used to introduce characters into the movies.
Instead of gambling on a big budget movie for say Ant-Man, Dr. Strange etc. Put them on the TV show for a few episodes, then cast them in one of the Avengers sequels.

Also I heard Joss is adding one more hero to the A2 cast, I wonder who it might be?
Ant-Man, Black Panther, ???

Considering they already have Bruce and Tony, I don't think they need another genius type character.
But I'd like to see Black Panther, he's another regular guy with skills.
Though to be honest they could use another superhero, Hulk and Thor are the only two with powers.
Ms. Marvel perhaps, or Scarlet Witch, maybe even Spider-Woman.

Probably Falcon as introduced in the upcoming Captain America. and showcased in the upcomingAvengers cartoon reboot, since it takes place in the cinematic universe.

Masterfett
09-05-2012, 01:14 AM
That's too bad, never was fan of him.

ThorOakenfelder
09-05-2012, 05:09 AM
It would be nice if they did Kree/Skrull war. What characters would be important enough to add? Vision, Ant Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch? I agree that Falcon's not really a big enough character. However they do probably want a little diversity. Black Panther would be good for that too, but he deserves his own film before being introduced into the Avengers.

DarthAndosMan
09-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Agreed Black Panther would be awesome, rather have him than Ant-Man.

Masterfett
09-05-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm curious who might be a good Black Panther, I've always though Michael Jai White could pull off the character.
He's got that deep voice and martial arts background, and he's not a terribly bad at acting.

Though I'm sure Marvel wants to go with a younger actor, Nick Cannon or something.........:rolleyes:

I was thinking the team needs another female to counteract all the testosterone, and Ms. Marvel is high on my list of faves.
Amber Heard could probably pull off her character.

ThorOakenfelder
09-05-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm curious who might be a good Black Panther, I've always though Michael Jai White could pull off the character.
He's got that deep voice and martial arts background, and he's not a terribly bad at acting.

Though I'm sure Marvel wants to go with a younger actor, Nick Cannon or something.........:rolleyes:

I was thinking the team needs another female to counteract all the testosterone, and Ms. Marvel is high on my list of faves.
Amber Heard could probably pull off her character.

The guy who played Mr. Eko on lost had been lobbying for a while for them to make a Black Panther film with him as Panther. I think that would have been pretty good a few years ago.

I love the Ms. Marvel/Warbird character, but feel you can't really introduce her without first having the Kree and Captain Marvel. I think it would be easier to add Wasp or a non-mutant Scarlet Witch. Since they can't use mutants in their films she'd have to be wholly mystical. Mockingbird mightbe another easy add since she'd probably just be another SHIELD agent.

I also would not be surprised to see War Machine join the Avengers.

I would also love to see Vision join the team, but that requires too much other stuff to occur to bring him in.

Darth_Engelhast
09-05-2012, 11:56 PM
^
I'd like War Machine to become more of an Agent of SHIELD. It would be a cool character to have on the TV series that Whedon is doing.

Masterfett
09-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah I agree.
While I don't feel War Machine should be in the Avengers movies, he could work out well for the TV series.
Not that I dislike the character but since he's already in the IM movie universe, having another armored character in Avengers seems like too much.

DarthAndosMan
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
I only worry that with such a huge background with the Avengers that they'll hit us with too much like with X-Men: the Last Stand where there were so many characters with such little backstory.

LordStarscream
09-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I only worry that with such a huge background with the Avengers that they'll hit us with too much like with X-Men: the Last Stand where there were so many characters with such little backstory.
A valid concern, but we have Joss Whedon. He will not allow that to happen, especially given that he'll have creative input on the movies leading up to the sequel.

Masterfett
09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't feel there were too many characters in X3, personally I don't need a back story for everyone when I already know it.

Besides The Avengers have always been centered around a team, not WOLVERINE and a couple sidekicks.

Rod
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
I was thinking of where I was going to get the DVD today and saw Target had the 4 disk (3D Bluray, Bluray, DVD and digital download) version with the extra Target 5th disk with bonus content for $24.99 and that version also has the soundtrack for download.

Went there this morning and for some reason it was even cheaper. They had a tag that said EVEN LOWER THAN THE ADVERTISED PRICE and it was $19.99

I think this is the best deal I've seen on any DVD set in a long time.

DarthAndosMan
09-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Went there this morning and for some reason it was even cheaper. They had a tag that said EVEN LOWER THAN THE ADVERTISED PRICE and it was $19.99

I think this is the best deal I've seen on any DVD set in a long time.

Thats precisely what I plan on getting. Can't wait to get it, gives me enough money to get a Marvel Legend if I want.

Neal
09-25-2012, 11:14 AM
I grabbed the exclusive collector's set at Best Buy. It's obviously more expensive, but it's such a nice, NICE set.

The_Chosen_1
09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Thats precisely what I plan on getting. Can't wait to get it, gives me enough money to get a Marvel Legend if I want.

Good luck if you haven't picked it up already.....I just had a disappointing trip to Target. Found out that every store in my state is completely sold out of that version. :'(

rookie_pilot
09-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Comic Book News reports Jim Starlin says Thanos will be in Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2.

Exclusive: Thanos Confirmed For Guardians of the Galaxy Movie and The Avengers 2 - Cosmic Book News (http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-thanos-confirmed-guardians-galaxy-movie-and-avengers-2)

While it's not official from Marvel Studios, I'd bet money on it since it was expected after the end credit easter egg in Avengers and Starlin is credited with creating the Mad Titan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos). I like the fact that Marvel is reaching for something deeper in the Marvel catalog.

I can't wait to see how the new batch of Marvel films ties together leading up to Avengers 2.

CadBane
09-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Hoping that Ironman will use his ion cannon in this one.

DarthAndosMan
09-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Thats nice to know, I wonder if he'll be the villian in Guardians and return more powerfull in Avengers 2 like Loki.

rookie_pilot
09-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Speculation is there will be a second baddie in GotG. My guess is Thanos will be pulling the strings in GotG and come out swinging in Avengers 2. My question is will be see the Infinity Guantlet in Avengers 2, with perhaps some leads up in the other movies? Or at least GotG?

DarthAndosMan
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking Adam Warlock.

rookie_pilot
09-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Hmmm, I think that's one name thrown around. The other is Magus. Again, it's all fanboy speculation. Nothing remotely solid. I'm not a huge fan of the cosmic stuff so I don't know much about either. I'm just astonished a Guardians movie is actually going to get made. The success of IM, Thor, Cap, and Avengers has really stroked Marvel Studios ego so much that they have confidence a second tier property can do well at the box office.

DarthAndosMan
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Well it makes sense Adam Warlock was once a bad guy who turned good due to Thanos's actions. IDK I'm with you i'm not well versed in Cosmic Marvel lore (it makes my brain hurt) you can correct me if i'm wrong but if anything that sounds like what could go down in GOTG.

Masterfett
09-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't mind so much the fact he's involved somehow, but I still don't like the same Villain being used for multiple movies.

ThorOakenfelder
09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't like the thought that I'm going to have to watch GotG if I want to know what's going on with Thanos. I don't think GotG is second tier, it's more like 3rd or 4th tier.

Masterfett
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I can't seem the find the Shield TV series thread, but they announce a short cast list over al Marvelous news.
No recognizable names so far, I agree with a few others that they could have went with a few established characters like Sitwell, Quartermain, etc.

_Darth_Paul_
10-13-2012, 04:20 PM
She could essentially be in charge while Fury is away on Field missions, unless SLJ doesn't want too much money to show up more often.

Also with Gregg's character being dead, I'm not sure where that could go.
But I'd like to see him return to the role.

Coulson has been confirmed to return in live action pilot by Marvel at NYCC

TheAQU4M4N
10-14-2012, 12:44 AM
I think the only member i want for the sequel is Ant-Man or Ms.Marvel.

GNT
12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Joss Whedon Says His Avengers Script Originally Included The Wasp

The Directors Guild of America in Hollywood was host tonight to a special screening of Marvel's The Avengers with writer/director Joss Whedon in attendance. During a post-screening Q&A, Whedon spoke at length about the comic book ensemble, revealing which characters didn't make the final cut and hinting at what changes fans can expect in the 2015 sequel.

"There was a little bit of time where we thought we might not actually get Scarlett [Johansson]," he explains. "There was a very Waspy draft that I wrote. But it was way too Waspy. I was like, 'She's adorable! I'm just going to watch her!'"

Janet Van Dyne wasn't the only character that didn't make the final cut, however. Whedon says that his original vision called for a second villain beyond Tom Hiddleston's Loki.

"I'm not going to tell you [who it is]," he says, "because that person might crop up another time. But I definitely felt like, 'I've got Earth's mightiest heroes. I've got four of the biggest, baddest, toughest guys out there and I've got one effete British character actor.' They believed very strongly that they didn't want to add any more mythology, I think was the thing."

Although Whedon stayed relatively quiet about the upcoming sequel, he did offer the tease that he thinks swapping out Avengers is an important quality of the comics themselves.

"I used to read 'The Avengers' and part of the ethos of the team was that it changed their lineup every month," he continues. "Their 150th issue was just a bunch of faces. 'Who will be in the team now?!' We had the first issue as a poster in the offices. Now that I'm working on the sequel I said, 'Let's the second issue up there! Let's change it up a little bit!' The second issue is 'Introducing… Giant-Man! And this character! They were already changing it up after one issue. That's what they always do."

What that means for the sequel remains to be seen, but Marvel's The Avengers 2 is slated to hit theaters on May 1, 2015 and Whedon will also be writing and directing the pilot episode of "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.", rumored to begin on ABC in the fall of 2013.

The_Chosen_1
12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
"I used to read 'The Avengers' and part of the ethos of the team was that it changed their lineup every month"

I have to say, I'm a big fan of that idea. It would be cool to see some new, never-before-seen Avengers up on the screen.

ThorOakenfelder
12-19-2012, 05:19 PM
"I used to read 'The Avengers' and part of the ethos of the team was that it changed their lineup every month"

I have to say, I'm a big fan of that idea. It would be cool to see some new, never-before-seen Avengers up on the screen.

I read Avengers for quite a while, and yes, characters did come onto the team and leave it with regularity, but it wasn't every story arc.

TazzMission28
12-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Loki Unlikely To Be A Villain in ‘The Avengers 2′

link

Loki Unlikely To Be A Villain in ‘The Avengers 2′ (http://screenrant.com/loki-the-avengers-2-villains/)

WarCry
12-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Loki Unlikely To Be A Villain in ‘The Avengers 2′

That's good. They used him twice already, time to use someone else, even in Thor 2.

TazzMission28
12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
That's good. They used him twice already, time to use someone else, even in Thor 2.

itll be thanos. he was also confirmed for guardians of the galaxy and marvel stated they want to use him in alot of films

makes me wonder if in avengers 2 we will see some form of the infinity gaunlet used

im also hoping we get a black panther cameo since he has a movie coming

antman is slated for 2014

Krayt
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM

Wait a minute
Thor has other villians than just Loki?

TazzMission28
12-21-2012, 03:38 PM
itll be thanos. he was also confirmed for guardians of the galaxy and marvel stated they want to use him in alot of films

makes me wonder if in avengers 2 we will see some form of the infinity gaunlet used

oops wrong quote

TazzMission28
12-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Wait a minute

there was a rumor floating around that thor 2 would have the enchantress

another rumor stated there may be a dr strange cameo

so far nothing is confirmed other than dark elves

Masterfett
12-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I agree, even though he had a good fit, I felt they used him too much as it was.
I heard he'll still be in Thor 2, but not as the main bad guy.

That's too bad, I dislike when they reuse the same Villain over and over.

There are so many Villains in Marvel that we shouldn't have to see the same one in multiple films.
I guess this guy will have to do, since we'll probably never see the X-Men battle Apocalypse.

TazzMission28
12-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree, even though he had a good fit, I felt they used him too much as it was.
I heard he'll still be in Thor 2, but not as the main bad guy.

That's too bad, I dislike when they reuse the same Villain over and over.

There are so many Villains in Marvel that we shouldn't have to see the same one in multiple films.
I guess this guy will have to do, since we'll probably never see the X-Men battle Apocalypse.

well you know phoinex will be in the wolverine right?

apparently its after x3 wich makes zero sense imo

WarCry
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM

I could be wrong, but I think Thanos will still be more of a background threat in GotG than the primary villain. More like Loki was in Thor; that is, the villain, but stand-off, using surrogates to carry out his schemes. Come Avengers 2, he will be fully engaged and the villain all on his own.

Note: The following is pure conjecture, all my own creation and likely will have no bearing on the true stories. Any similarities are purely coincidental as I have no inside information.

Starting off with Thor 2, not part of the main story but in a side-bar story, Odin talks about how the loss of the Cosmic Cube had him worried, so he scattered his collection of power-objects (since we know he had the Gauntlet) to various realms and people he trusted. This gets the Gauntlet/Gems out of his control so we don't have to deal with a break-and-enter like was hinted at in the first Thor movie.

I expect GotG will be more a tightly controlled story to help ease in the galactic side of the Marvel universe. A NASA astronaut will in some fashion become Star-Lord, and he'll be introduced to fanciful creatures and other races while they desperately scramble to try and stop some unknown force from gathering a series of stones that are called "Infinity Gems". The keeper of the one of the stones - Drax - will arrive, badly beaten, and will tell the tale of an army trying to take the gem he possessed - perhaps a flashback, showing the army to be the Chitauri as seen in Avengers. Because you can't have a movie that open ended, Drax will still have the Gem and the GotG will end up defeating a secondary villain. Drax, feeling safe, goes off home where Thanos is waiting, beating him handily. The movie ends with Doctor Strange appearing (cameo style) and telling the Guardians that the gem was lost and that they would be needed on Earth to help stop the true threat.

Now, that is full of about a zillion plot holes and story beats that would need to be filled in, but it's a general outline of something I see. Follow that up with Avengers 2 where everyone comes together - "current" Avengers, GotG, Ant Man. Doc Strange shows up and gives the exposition that Thanos has 5 of the 6 Gems and that the last is on Earth. We meet Adam Warlock and a fight ensues with Thanos where Warlock loses the last Gem. With the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos does a helluva number on the Avengers and all of reality, but through some clever twist of story-telling, the Avengers fight back - with the cosmic help of Doc Strange and Adam Warlock - and win the day. Schwarma for everyone!

I'm not a Hollywood writer, and certainly no Joss Whedon, but the basic idea is that things will be handled in a step-up fashion, like a video game, with the "boss" (villain) in each step getting more powerful along each step until you get to the "big boss" Thanos in the climactic chapter.

TazzMission28
12-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Thanos will still be more of a background threat in GotG than the primary villain. More like Loki was in Thor; that is, the villain, but stand-off, using surrogates to carry out his schemes. Come Avengers 2, he will be fully engaged and the villain all on his own.

Note: The following is pure conjecture, all my own creation and likely will have no bearing on the true stories. Any similarities are purely coincidental as I have no inside information.

Starting off with Thor 2, not part of the main story but in a side-bar story, Odin talks about how the loss of the Cosmic Cube had him worried, so he scattered his collection of power-objects (since we know he had the Gauntlet) to various realms and people he trusted. This gets the Gauntlet/Gems out of his control so we don't have to deal with a break-and-enter like was hinted at in the first Thor movie.

I expect GotG will be more a tightly controlled story to help ease in the galactic side of the Marvel universe. A NASA astronaut will in some fashion become Star-Lord, and he'll be introduced to fanciful creatures and other races while they desperately scramble to try and stop some unknown force from gathering a series of stones that are called "Infinity Gems". The keeper of the one of the stones - Drax - will arrive, badly beaten, and will tell the tale of an army trying to take the gem he possessed - perhaps a flashback, showing the army to be the Chitauri as seen in Avengers. Because you can't have a movie that open ended, Drax will still have the Gem and the GotG will end up defeating a secondary villain. Drax, feeling safe, goes off home where Thanos is waiting, beating him handily. The movie ends with Doctor Strange appearing (cameo style) and telling the Guardians that the gem was lost and that they would be needed on Earth to help stop the true threat.

Now, that is full of about a zillion plot holes and story beats that would need to be filled in, but it's a general outline of something I see. Follow that up with Avengers 2 where everyone comes together - "current" Avengers, GotG, Ant Man. Doc Strange shows up and gives the exposition that Thanos has 5 of the 6 Gems and that the last is on Earth. We meet Adam Warlock and a fight ensues with Thanos where Warlock loses the last Gem. With the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos does a helluva number on the Avengers and all of reality, but through some clever twist of story-telling, the Avengers fight back - with the cosmic help of Doc Strange and Adam Warlock - and win the day. Schwarma for everyone!

I'm not a Hollywood writer, and certainly no Joss Whedon, but the basic idea is that things will be handled in a step-up fashion, like a video game, with the "boss" (villain) in each step getting more powerful along each step until you get to the "big boss" Thanos in the climactic chapter.

yea i dont know either but i guess all we can do is wait and see

Masterfett
12-22-2012, 01:14 AM
I'm a little curious why they are going ahead with GOTG considering their relatively lesser known status, and their fantastical characters.
It seems they're a bit of an unknown for a full on Movie, so I guess it has to tie in with Avengers somehow.

Also wonder who all we'll see make an appearance in GOTG, Nova, Kree/Ronan the Accuser, Mar-Vell?
They could use this movie to introduce some of the other Galactic/otherworldly characters.

GNT
12-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Wait a minute

Don't know personally since we've only seen Loki :p but I don't mind since his a pretty sweet villain that you love to hate. The villain in Avengers 2 will be in one of the other films, he'll probably win his main goal in his first film and then all the Avengers get together in Avengers 2 and defeat him completing the Phase 2 cycle. Then repear for phase 3 with another villain.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
rumor has it that dr strange and black panther will be phase 3 films.

i am mentioning it in here because i dont want to have to deal with making a new thread

i also read that marvel wants to have thanos in future films as well so with luck lets cross are fingers for a thanos spin off film

Blight
12-24-2012, 12:53 AM
i herd that the vilain of the next xmans movie will be darkside. this is true becuz i read it on the websites. I also herd that one of the new avengers members will be space ghost and the martin manhunder.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 12:58 AM
i herd that the vilain of the next xmans movie will be darkside. this is true becuz i read it on the websites. I also herd that one of the new avengers members will be space ghost and the martin manhunder.

uh wrong group dude

your thinking of the justice leauge

Blight
12-24-2012, 01:00 AM
im sorry. my mistake. im only 14 and my mom doesnt allow me on the computer more than 2 hours a day

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Has A 'Nick Fury' Movie Been Thrown On The Scrapheap?

Back in 2010, Samuel L. Jackson confidently proclaimed that Nick Fury would get his own stand-alone movie after The Avengers. Well, it looks like that is probably now not going to happen, at least for a while anyway. In a recent interview with Coming Soon, Jackson was asked whether doing a solo Nick Fury movie is on the cards and would it be necessary to answer questions anyone might have about the character. He responded:

I think a lot of people know that. I know him as something else because I’ve been alive longer than most of the fans that watch the movies so I know Nick Fury as the World War II veteran and all that stuff. It might be interesting to do one day but we find out little bits and pieces about Nick and we’re going into ‘Captain America 2’ in late March.

While it’s certainly not a confirmation that a Nick Fury movie will never happen, it does seem that Marvel intend to explore his origins through their other superhero movies instead.

Fury’s back-story is a swashbuckling affair that sees him leading the Rangers First Attack Squad in the fight against the Nazis during WWII, before eventually moving to the CIA and then to S.H.I.E.L.D. However, does he warrant his own movie? I personally don’t think so. If, as rumored, Captain America: The Winter Soldier involves flash backs to WWII then this could be enough to trace the origins of the one-eyed go-to man for the Avengers.

What do you guys think? Does Nick Fury deserve his own movie?

http://moviepilot.com/stories/791207-has-a-nick-fury-movie-been-thrown-on-the-scrapheap?stamp=45015&subscribe_to=254973&utm_campaign=did-the-nick-fury-solo-movie-get-folded-into-captain-america-2&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-stream-post

GNT
12-24-2012, 03:05 AM
His a cool character and all but I don't think he can hold his own in a movie based on him. IMO they'll need to toss in the other characters that can't hold their own films to make it worth seeing like Black widow, Hawkeye and Hulk (they have no plans for a Hulk movie anytime soon).

Darth_Engelhast
12-24-2012, 03:07 AM
^
Hulk could hold his own movie under the right director.

GNT
12-24-2012, 03:15 AM
He could to a degree but they've tried twice now (1 crappy fiilm and the other one just ok but not great) and they have no plans for anymore Hulk films outside of the Avengers films so the only eay we'll see Hulk again is in a combo film with some other superhero for now.

Darth_Engelhast
12-24-2012, 03:19 AM
After how he stole the show in Avengers I think we will see another Hulk film sooner rather than later.

I'd like to see Tony and the Hulk Buster Iron Man suit brought in to stop an out of control Hulk.

Nihilus
12-24-2012, 03:28 AM

im sorry. my mistake. im only 14 and my mom doesnt allow me on the computer more than 2 hours a day

People Sound Effects #3 Laughter - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwxu5VHWvjw)

Audience Laughing #1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfJTmfq2Q4)

Audience Cheering And Clapping - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiG2xO-4Y-s)

Krayt
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
After how he stole the show in Avengers I think we will see another Hulk film sooner rather than later.
I'd like to see Tony and the Hulk Buster Iron Man suit brought in to stop an out of control Hulk.

But that's the thing with the Hulk
He can steal a scene with a line or a single beating of someone but to make Hulk the main focus for like 2 hours is asking too much. Watch the Avengers cartoon and you can see a great line here or there from the Hulk and that is what makes him great. He comes in, says one line and is totally awesome because it comes out of nowhere. To focus on him solely you would lose that aspect because it would be 2 hours of waiting for like maybe three lines

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 11:40 AM

marvel already stated no to hulk solo films but ruffalo is signed on to play hulk 6 times so i am guessing that means he will be in other films like iron man 3 captain america 2 thor 2 avengers 2

Darth_Engelhast
12-24-2012, 11:43 AM
But that's the thing with the Hulk
He can steal a scene with a line or a single beating of someone but to make Hulk the main focus for like 2 hours is asking too much. Watch the Avengers cartoon and you can see a great line here or there from the Hulk and that is what makes him great. He comes in, says one line and is totally awesome because it comes out of nowhere. To focus on him solely you would lose that aspect because it would be 2 hours of waiting for like maybe three lines

^
Which is why he needs an worthy "advisory" that can chew up most of the scenes. It also needs a charismatic Banner we can care about and like and with Ruffalo we FINALLY have that.

I still say there is a really great Hulk movie that just has not been done yet. There is a sweet spot they have not yet hit. Christ the dude carried a TV series for several seasons don't tell me they can't make a good two hour Hulk movie.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hulk-bear.gif

Krayt
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
They can't make a good two hour movie

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 11:47 AM
^
Which is why he needs an worthy "advisory" that can chew up most of the scenes. It also needs a charismatic Banner we can care about and like and with Ruffalo we FINALLY have that.

I still say there is a really great Hulk movie that has yet to be made it just has not been done yet. There is a sweet spot they have not yet hit. Christ the dude carried a TV series for several seasons don't tell me they can't make a good two hour Hulk movie.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hulk-bear.gif

imo the hulk is better as a supporting charachter NOT a solo charachter

also they did 2 hulk films as it is and i would rather have a new charachter be brought to the big screen anyways

that is why im demanding a black panther and ant-man film because they are from the original avengers

me personally i havent read much marvel but they are killing dc when it comes to the big screen films and as far as dc go's. dont get me started because it kills me knowing they wont take a risk and do something new

Darth_Engelhast
12-24-2012, 11:47 AM
They can't make a good two hour movie

Maybe it needs to be three hours then.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 11:49 AM
a 3 hour hulk film? are you kidding me?

Darth_Engelhast
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
^
Do I look like I'm kidding?

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Marvel-Gamma-Green-Smash-Fists-from-marvel-website.jpg

Krayt
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM

By today's standards, that old Hulk show is terrible. Go back and try and watch an episode...
Most of the Banner stuff gets boring quickly. Hulk, you are waiting for that one catchy line or that really great beat down. There isn't much to actually focus on for 2 hours that will give you the same as an Iron Man or a Cap movie will. I like the Hulk and love his great lines but it's not as interesting to give it another shot at a solo. I like Eric Bana as an actor but the movie was terrible. Norton had a slightly better script but still with not much better of a result. Ruffalo, sure did a decent Banner but he got to play off other characters. Ruffalo in a solo Hulk movie wouldn't do much better than Bana or Norton. I would rather see a solo Hawkeye movie

Darth_Engelhast
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
By today's standards, that old Hulk show is terrible. Go back and try and watch an episode...
Most of the Banner stuff gets boring quickly. Hulk, you are waiting for that one catchy line or that really great beat down. There isn't much to actually focus on for 2 hours that will give you the same as an Iron Man or a Cap movie will. I like the Hulk and love his great lines but it's not as interesting to give it another shot at a solo. I like Eric Bana as an actor but the movie was terrible. Norton had a slightly better script but still with not much better of a result. Ruffalo, sure did a decent Banner but he got to play off other characters. Ruffalo in a solo Hulk movie wouldn't do much better than Bana or Norton. I would rather see a solo Hawkeye movie

^
Well of course he plays better off of other characters....and a new Hulk movie should have other characters for him to play off of. As I said before. I'd rather have another Hulk movie than another Wolverine movie. Unless Wolverine were in a Hulk movie....that would be epic.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
^
Do I look like I'm kidding?

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Marvel-Gamma-Green-Smash-Fists-from-marvel-website.jpg

i hated the 2003 film and i couldnt finish the 2008 one and im a ed norton fan

lets be honest the first two hulks sucked

just because hulk was awesome in avengers dosent mean it can happen again in a solo film

and besides hulk doing what he did in avengers was because he was a supporting charachter that worked

i am not trying to be a downer or be a troll here but how many solo films does one charachter need before fans say ok enough is enough do to how bad they are?

Krayt
12-24-2012, 12:03 PM
^
Well of course he plays better off of other characters....and a new Hulk movie should have other characters for him to play off of. As I said before. I'd rather have another Hulk movie than another Wolverine movie. Unless Wolverine were in a Hulk movie....that would be epic.

See I disagree... Wolverine movies make so much more sense because there is so much more to Wolverine
However, if you put Hulk and Wolverine in together then yes that would be epic

I think the biggest problem with a lot of these movies, is that so many characters need others to play off of someone in one way or another. The first Cap story was good but a second you need someone for him to play off. Iron Man, well there again the first was good but for the second he needs someone else as well. To me, Spiderman and Wolverine are about the only ones that could truly pull off more than one movie as stand alones but when Marvel does Wolverine they like to throw in other mutants

King_D
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
i am not trying to be a downer or be a troll here...

what???

Really???

ThorOakenfelder
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
honestly, Hulk needs Rick Jones. If he had a sidekick, someone to play off of that didn't really belong in another movie, then he'd work better. He also needs to be about 60/40 action over exposition. People know the Hulk, people like the Hulk, most people honestly don't care about Banner. The problem with all of the Hulk movies is all of the Banner. Hulk as mindless Brute doesn't play because people need more story and talking to their stories, and so he has to be Banner for all of that. The studio doesn't want to pay all the money for a star that you don't see their face for all of the CG stuff. If they did a Planet Hulk or World War Hulk story, it would work ok. If they had him fighting a string of people trying to prove that they were the strongest it might work. If Hulk went crazy due to mind control or something and had to be stopped, but then came out of it and went after those responsible, that might work, but people want to see a Hulk film where they actually see the Hulk for more than a few minutes at a time.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 03:51 PM
we should change the title to the marvel movie's news thread...........

WarCry
12-24-2012, 04:05 PM
One thing I highly doubt they'll ever do - especially after the success of Avengers - but that I would love to see is to come up with a story to give us the "gray Hulk", aka "Joe Fixit". Hulk by night, Banner by day, and if you use the "Joe Fixit" idea, you can work it in with a noir-ish style gangster story.

The Hulk has a lot of potential, but you'd have to move away from the "HULK SMASH!!" idea, and general audiences may not grasp what's going on in that case.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 04:07 PM
His a cool character and all but I don't think he can hold his own in a movie based on him. IMO they'll need to toss in the other characters that can't hold their own films to make it worth seeing like Black widow, Hawkeye and Hulk (they have no plans for a Hulk movie anytime soon).

i would be down for a hawkeye movie

to bad they didnt do it before avengers because that wouldve been a cool orgin story to do and have widow in so they couldve did the whole 2 orgins in one film deal

GNT
12-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Nothing to say they can't still do an origins movie on the characters.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Nothing to say they can't still do an origins movie on the characters.

true but i think it wouldve been better if it came before the first avengers

the hawkeye film couldve been about him trying to assasinate natasha and later on have them become close and w/e

AllSystemsGo
12-24-2012, 07:49 PM
There is no way Black Widow or Hawkeye could support their own movie. The characters are too boring compared the main tier characters. Would be a waste that could be used for a better (and more interesting) superhero.

TazzMission28
12-24-2012, 08:18 PM
There is no way Black Widow or Hawkeye could support their own movie. The characters are too boring compared the main tier characters. Would be a waste that could be used for a better (and more interesting) superhero.

dude have you read the history between the 2? that alone can be movie one and wiould cover both orgins

Fictional character biography

Clint Barton was born in Waverly, Iowa. At a young age he lost both of his parents in a car accident. After six years in an orphanage, Clint and his brother Barney ran away to join the Carson Carnival of Travelling Wonders.[4] Clint soon caught the eye of the Swordsman, who took the young boy on as his assistant. Along with the help of Trick Shot, the Swordsman trained Clint to become a master archer.[5] Clint later found the Swordsman embezzling money from the carnival. Before he could turn his mentor over to the authorities, Clint was beaten and left for dead, allowing the Swordsman to skip town.[6] Clint's relationship with his brother Barney and Trick Shot soon deteriorated as well.[7]
Clint adapted his archery skills to become a star carnival attraction, a master archer called "Hawkeye", otherwise known as “The World’s Greatest Marksman”. He spent some time as a member of Tiboldt's Circus,[8] before joining the Coney Island Circus. He witnesses Iron Man in action and is inspired to become a costumed hero. However, after a misunderstanding on his first outing, Hawkeye is accused of theft and believed to be a criminal. On the run, the naive Hawkeye meets the Black Widow, a spy for the Soviet Union, with whom he falls in love. Blindly following the Black Widow, Hawkeye aids her attempts to steal technology developed by Tony Stark. In one of their battles with Iron Man, the Black Widow is seriously injured. Hawkeye rescues her and flees the battle to save her life. But before Hawkeye can take her to a hospital, the Black Widow disappears. Hawkeye decides to be a "straight-shooter" from then on.[9]

ThorOakenfelder
12-26-2012, 10:57 AM

It could have been more of a spy thriller than a traditional Super Hero smash fest.

Darth_Engelhast
12-26-2012, 11:44 AM

People once said the same crap about Iron Man.

The right story and right director could make a kickazz movie out of any Marvel Character.

TazzMission28
12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
People once said the same crap about Iron Man.

The right story and right director could make a kickazz movie out of any Marvel Character.

i kind of question how a hawkeye/black widow film would be if martin cambell did it. but on the downside he did green lantern and that didnt sit well...

he did do great with casino royal though so it's a 50/50 chance his version can be good or bad

GNT
12-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm sure it could be done but Black Widow and Hawkeye are secondary characters so they need someone else or to be together to make a film work imo otherwise it'd be a long boring flick. IMO they should get one at some point but I don't think it'd make the same money as any of the other Marvel films. Iron Man is a main character so he stood more chances of having a film made on himself, it also helped having RDJ on board to bring the character alive and it worked in his 2 solo films and the avengers.

TazzMission28
12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm sure it could be done but Black Widow and Hawkeye are secondary characters so they need someone else or to be together to make a film work imo otherwise it'd be a long boring flick. IMO they should get one at some point but I don't think it'd make the same money as any of the other Marvel films. Iron Man is a main character so he stood more chances of having a film made on himself, it also helped having RDJ on board to bring the character alive and it worked in his 2 solo films and the avengers.

im just saying though if they had such a film before the first avengers film came i think it wouldve done fair at the box office like thor or captain america because that would hype up the fans even more to see avengers . im not saying it would make the money avengers did i mean holy crap a 1.5 billion dollar box office wo000 boy .

Darth_Engelhast
12-26-2012, 04:01 PM

RDJ being involved alone did not put butts in theaters seats. His carrier was as good as dead before the first Iron Man and he was hardly a box office draw and money magnet actor. Iron Man is not any more of a main character than any of the other Avengers either. Yes he has had his own comic but they ALL have at one point or another. The fact that Iron Man had his own comic also did nothing to quite the naysayers that pooped on the idea that Iron Man could carry his own flick.

TazzMission28
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
RDJ being involved alone did not put butts in theaters seats. His carrier was as good as dead before the first Iron Man and he was hardly a box office draw and money magnet actor. Iron Man is not any more of a main character than any of the other Avengers either. Yes he has had his own comic but they ALL have at one point or another. The fact that Iron Man had his own comic also did nothing to quite the naysayers that pooped on the idea that Iron Man could carry his own flick.

well to be fair rdj got his career back from kiss kiss bang bang and iron man

i admit when i first heard ironman was getting a movie i was like oh man this will be a disaster but in the end it was awesome

same with thor believe it or not because the tv spots for that film just didnt make it look interesting but when i saw it i was like ok i am impressed

my current concern right now is guardians of the galaxy because they did have a team up with the avengers so im wondering since thanos is in both gotg and avengers 2 will marvel try to put 2 teams in one film?

Darth_Engelhast
12-26-2012, 04:06 PM
^
They kinda already did. Sheild / Avengers.

TazzMission28
12-26-2012, 07:25 PM
^
They kinda already did. Sheild / Avengers.

you refering to me? if you are a gotg and avengers team up would be different from shield

i think it was the thanos imperitive both teams teamed up to fight the man himself thanos

Masterfett
12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
That is something I've been wanting to see ever since the first Iron Man!
Hopefully we'll see it happen in Cinimatic universe at some point.

I also think the Hulk is better a an ensamble character.
In fact I don't think too many characters should get a solo gig, especially the lesser known ones.
I'm a big Marvel Fan as much as the next fan, but I feel that making too many stand alone movies of Ant-Man, Dr. Strange etc, could have a negative affect on the franchise by going overboard.
I fear the day when they've ruined the abilty for us to get good superhero movies, all becuase they wanted too much too soon.

DarthAndosMan
12-27-2012, 08:38 PM
I think if they ever brought Hulkbuster Iron Man to the big screen in anyway I probably would go into cardiac arrest from the awesomeness.

TazzMission28
12-27-2012, 09:32 PM
I think if they ever brought Hulkbuster Iron Man to the big screen in anyway I probably would go into cardiac arrest from the awesomeness.

well the hulk buster isnt in but the rescue suit is in iron man 3:whistling:

DarthAndosMan
12-27-2012, 10:34 PM
well the hulk buster isnt in but the rescue suit is in iron man 3:whistling: Boooooooooooo!

deathstar1000
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Loving the Rocket Raccoon!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175941-marvel-studios-phase-two-preview-and-concept-art

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532897_484773411576555_1699926439_n.jpg

deathstar1000
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Just ordered me this:

Amazon.com: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Port (http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1365014260&sr=8-5&keywords=avengers)

Anyone else getting it?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81NMa8jvuML._SL1500_.jpg

TheAQU4M4N
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Just ordered me this:

Amazon.com: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Port (http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1365014260&sr=8-5&keywords=avengers)

Anyone else getting it?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81NMa8jvuML._SL1500_.jpg

if i didn't have all of the movies already, i would go ahead and get that.

LordStarscream
04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
I've already got it, and it's stupendous.

Masterfett
04-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Honestly I'm not really digging that look for Raccoon, looks a little too earthly real.
So I'm guessing they're going to handle it like all their other live action talking animal movies.

I'd rather he look more comicish, then real.

Deathbymonkeys
04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
I liked it quite a bit. At least the costume. The art for Falcon is right from the ultimates and I love the winter soldier shots too. Can't WAIT for Cap. Gonna be epic.

Gambit
04-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Winter Soldier looks pretty damn cool. Right there with you on the excitement for Cap. Can't wait.

ThorOakenfelder
04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah, Winter Soldier looks pretty damn cool. Right there with you on the excitement for Cap. Can't wait.

I am so looking forward to Captain America, that I probably can't help but be disappointed. It's just the nature of things that with a high level of anticipation, almost nothing can meet them.

Deathbymonkeys
04-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I am so looking forward to Captain America, that I probably can't help but be disappointed. It's just the nature of things that with a high level of anticipation, almost nothing can meet them.

The First cap was a movie I waited 20 years for. And this one will blow it away I'm sure. Every piece is there and Marvel hasn't screwed up yet.

Darth_Engelhast
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
The First cap was a movie I waited 20 years for. And this one will blow it away I'm sure. Every piece is there and Marvel hasn't screwed up yet.

2nd Superhero movie is almost always better than the first because they don't have to deal with the origin stuff we all know already again.

Iron Man 2 was not as good as the first one though IMHO.

Deathbymonkeys
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
2nd Superhero movie is almost always better than the first because they don't have to deal with the origin stuff we all know already again.

Iron Man 2 was not as good as the first one though IMHO.

Lol it was for me. Loved iron man 2. :)
felt the most like a comic to me.

i can't wait for Thor and cap 2. Iron man I know ill love but not really excited. Stoked to see how guardians turns out.

Gambit
04-05-2013, 12:05 AM
I like Iron Man 2 more than the first as well. I think the first movie is a better made film overall, but I have much more fun with the second one.

ThorOakenfelder
04-05-2013, 01:04 AM
It's strange, I just don't see all the problems that people had with Iron Man 2. I found it pretty much to be exactly what I expected it to be. And I liked it.

Darth_Engelhast
04-05-2013, 01:41 AM
It's strange, I just don't see all the problems that people had with Iron Man 2. I found it pretty much to be exactly what I expected it to be. And I liked it.

I liked it also. I just found it to be an inferior movie to the first one. The main problem I had with it was that it really did not seem to know which way it wanted to go with the villains. Just seemed like there was too many ideas crammed into that one movie and it suffered from a lack of focus. Sam Rockwell was kriffing awesome though. I'd love to see Hammer come back at some point.

ThorOakenfelder
04-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Sam Rockwell, has thatguy everplayed a normal character? It's like whoever he plays is the weirdest guy in the room. Don't get me wrong, whenever he's on screen it's fun on a bun, but I can't tell whether he's being typecast, or if he's such an eccentric actor that all of his characters evolve into that.

Deathbymonkeys
04-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I like Iron Man 2 more than the first as well. I think the first movie is a better made film overall, but I have much more fun with the second one.

That is EXACTLY how I felt about it.

GNT
04-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Will the Black Panther Debut in Marvel's The Avengers 2?

Rumors have been swirling following a now-deleted Twitter and Facebook post on the part of actor Morris Chestnut that suggested the Kick-*** 2 star might be up for the lead in a Black Panther feature film from Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures.

"It's time to get familiar with the Black Panther character!," read the deleted post.

Today, Chestnut is back on Twitter and just posted the following update:

"Not final," he writes. "#BlackPanther may be in #avengers2 first. RT @jamaal91604133: @Morris_Chestnut Can't wait to see this movie. #BlackPanther

Admittedly, Chestnut's comments are open to alternate interpretations, but it certainly sounds like the actor is up for the part and has been told that T'Challa's big screen debut could arrive with Joss Whedon's Marvel's The Avengers 2 on May 1, 2015.

Darth_Engelhast
04-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I just finished watching all the Phase One movies and I don't believe they ever explained how the hell the Tesseract wound up on earth to begin with. Please tell me I missed something.

CadBane
04-09-2013, 05:11 PM
A pothole bigger then Hulk.

ThorOakenfelder
04-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Odin was "Making it Rain" up in Asgard and it accodentally bounced across the rainbow bridge.

Revanfan1
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
I just finished watching all the Phase One movies and I don't believe they ever explained how the hell the Tesseract wound up on earth to begin with. Please tell me I missed something.

The Tesseract being the cube? You're right, very right. They just, found it, in Captain America, or Red Skull did at the beginning. It never said how the old German dude got it.

WarCry
04-09-2013, 07:17 PM

It's not, however, a plot hole. Who knows what stories Marvel wants to tell later? The Tesseract went from in the vault to hidden in Norway. It's not a problem, just a story that's yet to be told.....

Darth_Engelhast
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
It's not, however, a plot hole. Who knows what stories Marvel wants to tell later? The Tesseract went from in the vault to hidden in Norway. It's not a problem, just a story that's yet to be told.....

How did it get to earth in the first place though? My brother in law keeps insisting that the Tesseract was in the Asgard trophy safe in THOR but I think he is confusing it with The Casket of Ancient Winters.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqm8tvE1jz1qdd8wro1_500.gif

Revanfan1
04-09-2013, 07:55 PM
How did it get to earth in the first place though? My brother in law keeps insisting that the Tesseract was in the Asgard trophy safe in THOR but I think he is confusing it with The Casket of Ancient Winters.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqm8tvE1jz1qdd8wro1_500.gif

Plus it wouldn't have been anyway; it was on Earth in Captain America, which was pre-Thor by 50+ years.

Darth_Engelhast
04-09-2013, 09:08 PM
^
Another good point. I wonder if Marvel has something planned where it will end up getting lost and sent back in time later on creating a time loop. A "this has to happen so all that could happen" situation.

WarCry
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Plus it wouldn't have been anyway; it was on Earth in Captain America, which was pre-Thor by 50+ years.

Are you sure about that? I believe (it's been a little while) the Tesseract WAS seen in the trophy room, possibly at the beginning when Thor and Loki are kids. But think about this....

Odin, Thor, Loki, they were all being worshipped as gods somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 years before Captain America (records go back to ROMAN times, recording the stories of the Germanic people, to the 2nd Century, so they were obviously around before that). That means that the guy you see as a late-20s, early-30s looking blonde hammer-thrower is really a few millennia old. I'd posit that even if you saw the Tesseract in the trophy room 30 seconds before Thor was banished from Asgard, that doesn't mean it's the exact same time on Earth.

Hence, it's a story yet to be told, but is still not a plot-hole.

Masterfett
04-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I recall hearing that Odin placed the Tesseract on Earth for safe keeping, hidden on an "unknown" world may be safer than in his vault?

As for Black Panther, I think Chesnut is a little old for the character. Especially for an Origins story.
He might work for T'Challa's father though

Though I guess it could be later in his career after he becomes King, but I can't believe SHIELD wouldn't have intervened before then.
It's clear they already know of him and Wakanda, because of Cap's Shield being made of the metal.

Be interesting to see how they approach the character.

Darth_Engelhast
04-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Michael Jai White should play Black Panther IMHO. I think BP should be around the same age as Tony Stark. He is not a bad actor and the dude is ripped.

http://tracthertrailher.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Michael-Jai-White.jpg

deathstar1000
04-11-2013, 09:17 PM
How about the Old Spice guy for Black Panther?

TheAQU4M4N
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Terry crews? **** that noise lol

Darth_Engelhast
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/trolling%20gifs/grand/Terry-Crews-old-spice-guy-trolling-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-483.gif

Deathbymonkeys
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Terry Crews is awesome. But I'd love him more as Luke Cage.

Darth_Engelhast
04-11-2013, 11:28 PM
How about casting a white guy as Black Panther?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4nSwtulkUXY/TWaRFRT7uII/AAAAAAAAAOk/Z2QEZUIwch8/s1600/RDJ.jpg

Deathbymonkeys
04-12-2013, 12:39 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4nSwtulkUXY/TWaRFRT7uII/AAAAAAAAAOk/Z2QEZUIwch8/s1600/RDJ.jpg

Lol I just watched that and had thought about how cool it would be if RDJ was Panther and Iron Man but acting against himself... :)

WarCry
04-12-2013, 12:46 AM

Hey, he's just the dude, playin' a dude disguised as another dude....

I wonder what Downey would pull down for THAT movie - 3 paychecks? Maybe four? Tony Stark, Iron Man, T'Challa, and Black Panther.....

Deathbymonkeys
04-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Hey, he's just the dude, playin' a dude disguised as another dude....

I wonder what Downey would pull down for THAT movie - 3 paychecks? Maybe four? Tony Stark, Iron Man, T'Challa, and Black Panther.....

That's like 190% of the Backend!!!!!

Darth_Engelhast
04-12-2013, 01:25 AM
That's like 190% of the Backend!!!!!

Well a dude, playin' a dude disguised as another dude likes some big backend. :awesome:

Deathbymonkeys
04-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Well a dude, playin' a dude disguised as another dude likes some big backend. :awesome:

DUDE!

So do I! :P

Masterfett
04-13-2013, 02:47 AM
I definitely think RDJ could pull it off, I was really impressed with his portrayal in that movie!

Michael Jai White should play Black Panther IMHO. I think BP should be around the same age as Tony Stark. He is not a bad actor and the dude is ripped.
That's who I've always thought should play the character, but even he's getting a little old for the character now.

Gambit
04-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Chiwetel Ejiofor would be my pick.

deathstar1000
04-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Terry crews? **** that noise lol

Actually meant Isaiah Mustafa.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llocoqwEhb1qg45tj.gif

GNT
04-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Joss Whedon Talks Pressures of Making Avengers 2

Joss Whedon is hard at work on the script for The Avengers 2. Back in January, he said the script should be done in a few months and that we should expect "Death, death, and lots of death." The director spoke with Total Film (via CBM) about the pressures of making a sequel to the biggest super hero movie of all time.

“The only pressure is the pressure that is there every time I do a new project. Is it going to be good? It is going to be different? Is there even a reason to make another one? Is there a reason for this to be my next thing? Can I pull it off? I am not going to try and match the box office of the first one because that would be bonkers..."

When the audience for the film was brought up, that prompted this response from Whedon.

"Yes, there is a certain level of safety - because now people know about The Avengers and they like the characters so it probably won't completely crash and burn. But you don't want to just get by and do something that is merely OK. If I am going to dedicate three years of my short life to this then I want to do something that I have never done before. So I think of The Avengers 2 as a glorious challenge - it is a sequel, yes, but how can it be different? Of course, the pressure that I don't feel, my body internalises. It happens all the time. I was comfortable making the first Avengers, but I didn't sleep during it.”

Darth_Engelhast
04-14-2013, 11:24 AM
There is also the pressure that if THOR 2 or Captain America 2 completely bomb it could effect the Avengers 2's numbers.

Masterfett
04-16-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't like his statement about death, death, and lots of death.

I'm fine with it in Comics because they come back all the time, but in live action movies how would you make it plausible.

Toonimator
04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
"Death, death, and lots of death" could just be referring to Thanos... the guy who WORSHIPS Death.

Darth_Engelhast
04-16-2013, 03:22 PM
"Death, death, and lots of death" could just be referring to Thanos... the guy who WORSHIPS Death.

Or it could be the character "Death" which might be damn cool if done right.

Death (Character) (http://www.comicvine.com/death/4005-12620/)

Toonimator
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Given Thanos' involvement, of course she could put in an appearance... he's in love with her.

Deathbymonkeys
04-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Id kill tony...

GNT
04-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Id kill tony...

Robot only the other week said he didn't want to do it forever and he'd let someone else have a turn at playing Tony. Avengers 2 would be a good way to kill off Tony (but I'm sure they could bring him back down the line).

Masterfett
04-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I never thought he's do it forever, but IMO they don't need to kill him off.
They could easily recast someone who looks like Stark,

Sure it wont feel the same, but it's inevitable and I'm getting seriously tire of unneeded reboots.

Deathbymonkeys
04-17-2013, 12:48 AM
I never thought he's do it forever, but IMO they don't need to kill him off.
They could easily recast someone who looks like Stark,

Sure it wont feel the same, but it's inevitable and I'm getting seriously tire of unneeded reboots.

Marvel has said from day 1 they WONT reboot the movie universe. They will just change actors.

I see no reason they can't kill tony. Let him sit out a few years then bring him back in avengers 3 or with a new actor. YES RDJ is the best Iron Man they will ever have. But that doesn't mean someone else won't be good in the role too. :)

Toonimator
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I just heard about RDJ saying he wants to wind down the genre stuff on the radio this morning, after injuring his ankle pretty badly on IM3. Made him realize his age, and that these kinda genre films may not be the best for him in his 50s (with the physical demands, I imagine). Hopefully he's got one more Sherlock in him, tho, before giving 'em up. BBC Sherlock's my fave, but the RDJ/Law movies are a lot of fun.

I'd rather they NOT kill Tony, after his almost-sacrifice in Avengers... but if they do, and there's even an inkling of a chance at bringing Tony back w/ another actor, I hope they take that into consideration when crafting his 'death' scene so it doesn't feel like a huge cheat to bring him back with an "Hey guys. Oh, I had plastic surgery, altered the vocal chords, the whole 9 yards, laid low for awhile--got too high-profile. But now I'm back, so let's, uh, get back to Avengering. Avenging. Y'know...what we do." Or maybe if he goes off into space to hang out w/ the Guardians after Avengers 2, maybe, that'll open up alien tech as an option for why he'd look & sound different when he returns.

The_Chosen_1
04-17-2013, 01:00 PM
...or they could just not have an in-universe explanation at all. If the casting is decent enough, I see no reason not to simply continue uninterrupted. It worked with Ed Norton and Mark Ruffalo.