PDA

View Full Version : SW Collecting Chatroom?

JGuar
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM
I've searched around a bit on here and other places on the internet and surprisingly, I can't seem to find a SW collecting Chatroom. I used to be heavily involved in IRC a few years ago and it really can be a lot of fun to have a whole room of people who all love the same thing. Have there ever been any plans for Rebelscum to have one of these? I'm sure it would be a really great thing for the community.

CadBane
04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
There is one in the vintage section. Us modern guys should have one too. :)

ihnken33
04-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I agree, I think that would be kind of fun to have a chatroom for modern, GG, SS, Props... etc. Sort of a setup like the old Yahoo Chat back in the day. I don't know if that still exists or not, but it was set up pretty nice for what you were looking for.

JGuar
04-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Exactly, as of right now there's nowhere for us modern guys to talk in real time. And I don't think that Yahoo Chat still exists... If a significant amount of people show interest in this, I wonder if we could talk to the higher ups about it? Think of the people who are on this site at once, if we could have those people all communicating at the same time, how cool that would be. It would be cool for just shooting the breeze about collecting, or even non-collecting.

Strikefoil
04-14-2012, 10:17 AM
I wish they had one for die cast collecting.

GNT
04-15-2012, 03:37 AM
Probably best to start one up and get one going that way, that's how it's been in the past. Doubt we'll see an official chatroom soon as it's harder to manage.

Joshua_A
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I say, just use the one on the archive. It isn't just for vintage people :grin:
Besides...it would be good if it got some use.

The Star Wars Collectors Archive Chat Room (http://theswca.com/chat/chat.html)

CadBane
04-15-2012, 11:30 PM
I will be there one night, watch out.

Sharp
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
The chatroom is something that has really pretty much disappeared from the Internet. Those of us that were online early in the 90's likely remember chatrooms everywhere. AOL was a thriving, and sometimes annoying, community of real-time chat. I sort've miss that.