PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo game sells for 30k and not even proven real

Lee_Gray
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
a new found neo geo game of aero fighters 3 has been sold for 30k, it is not known to exist and the only difference between this and the jap version is the insert and label......... some ppl really do have more money than sense...........its a very long thread and those in the know still think its fake, but its starting to look real Aero Fighters 3 U.S. AES Discovered! (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?232237-Aero-Fighters-3-U.S.-AES-Discovered!)

CadBane
03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Was neo geo a handheld system in the early 00's? Or was that something else?

zhamlau
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
it was the first 64 bit system i think, back in 1992 area. It was so expensive, no one had it. But, the games were amazing and the graphics were respectable by todays standards even (for side scrollers). The games are major collectors items now. I keep thinking sealed games will be the next big collectable. I have sold some rare games i found accidentally, sealed copies of earthbound and Ogrebattle 64 sell for crazy money.

CadBane
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Ok thanks.

Lee_Gray
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
There was a hand held neo pocket.
I sometimes collect neo geo stuff and sometimes I collect star wars stuff but not rich enough to collect both and right now I am in my star wars collecting phase.

CadBane
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Neo pocket maybe that's what I was thinking of.

Darth_Engelhast
03-07-2012, 01:47 PM
I could buy a lot of lap dances with 30K.

Michael_Knight
03-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I vaguely remember the Neo Geo. Game collecting has really taken off more than I had ever thought it would and sometimes the secondary market can create some crazy prices. I kinda miss the days when video games weren't collected because I could go into a place like Bookman's, pick up old titles to replay and relive some good memories and now some titles the price doesn't justify.

Darth_Engelhast
03-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I miss my Turbogafx 16

GNT
03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
a new found neo geo game of aero fighters 3 has been sold for 30k, it is not known to exist and the only difference between this and the jap version is the insert and label......... some ppl really do have more money than sense...........its a very long thread and those in the know still think its fake, but its starting to look real Aero Fighters 3 U.S. AES Discovered! (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?232237-Aero-Fighters-3-U.S.-AES-Discovered!)

Never heard of it before but for 30k it's very tempting to start collecting video games to sell off 15 years later or so ;)

Darth_Engelhast
03-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Never heard of it before but for 30k it's very tempting to start collecting video games to sell off 15 years later or so ;)

You would have a better chance of winning the lottery then turning any kind of real profit from investing in video games.

Strikefoil
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I would never buy a game for that much for as long as I live.

CadBane
03-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Stuff like this just seems so surreal to me. Lol

DarthAndosMan
03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
This Neo Geo right?
Talking Classics - Neo Geo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lym8eHdQ1yM)

zhamlau
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
You would have a better chance of winning the lottery then turning any kind of real profit from investing in video games.

30 years ago, they said the same thing about "Collecting/investing in 'little plastic star wars dolls'". Its usually going against the prevailing wisdom of the day, that nets you some good return on investment when it comes to collectables.

1. Everyone here played/plays video games
2. It's a multi-multi billion dollar industry, Ad's for it on the Superbowl even.
3. Eventually, people will realize these objects they love to play with, would be fun to have again to relive their youth...then they will realize "well heck, they should be sealed if im going for it"...then it becomes "wow, finally a sealed first copy of the Game Cubes First Resident evil, wow i gotta have that, never seen it sealed!".

It all ends with a collector market being established, knowledge being laid down, and soon voila, conventions and debates on message boards about whether or not blue variant Canadian box for "eco" really exists.

just saying, look at this board...stranger things have become collectable.