PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Whitney Houston

CadBane
02-11-2012, 10:58 PM
R.I.P. Whitney Houston. A beautiful voice is gone.

Darth_Engelhast
02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Whoa....weird. Me and my buddy at work were JUST having a conversation about Whitney on Friday at lunch about what a mess she had made in her life and how cute she used to be back in the "Wanna Dance With Somebody" days.

Sad....she was really talented.

RIP

CadBane
02-11-2012, 11:27 PM
It's not right how they talk about her on the news. She's a human being who just passed away, let her rest in peace.

trandoshanhunter
02-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Rest in peace.

Michael_Knight
02-12-2012, 12:35 AM
What are they saying about her on the news? I refuse to watch it since all they can do is peddle continuous lies and bull **** all day.

GNT
02-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Good singer in her earlier years but drugs etc in the last 10 or so years probably didn't help her out.

jedimom
02-12-2012, 02:39 AM
She did have a great voice. But sadly she fell like so many others

Darth_Sith_Lord
02-12-2012, 07:14 AM
RIP such a talent destroyed by drugs!

GarvenDreis
02-12-2012, 07:24 AM
In my humble opinion Billy Mays was the biggest loss...

AnthonyP
02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
RIP Whitney

CadBane
02-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Normally you don't compare value of human lives Garven.

Darth_Engelhast
02-12-2012, 11:23 AM
RIP such a talent destroyed by drugs!

Crack is whack!

StarWarsFanGeek
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
R.I.P. Whitney. :'( It has NOT been confirmed that her death was contributed to drugs!

CadBane
02-12-2012, 11:47 AM
What are they saying about her on the news? I refuse to watch it since all they can do is peddle continuous lies and bull **** all day.
They are showing pictures of her like papparazzi pics where she is caught off guard and it doesn't make her look good and they have to constantly discuss her drug usage from the past. That's a part of her but why not discuss why she was famous in the first place? For her beautiful voice. They are focusing on the negative drug aspect WAY more then the career.

StarWarsFanGeek
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
They are showing pictures of her like papparazzi pics where she is caught off guard and it doesn't make her look good and they have to constantly discuss her drug usage from the past. That's a part of her but why not discuss why she was famous in the first place? For her beautiful voice. They are focusing on the negative drug aspect WAY more then the career.

That's the freaking news for yah. That's the reason I never watch it....period.

MrPickles
02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Sad news, but doubt anybody is really all that surprised.

Who's next on the celebrity Death-watch list?

Ian_C
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Gotta say in the 80's, Whitney may have been #1 on my most hated singers list. Hated her style, and the overexposure and such she received back then just made her the focal point of my dislike for the genre.

Having said that, I admit she had a very talented voice, and catchy tunes that weren't for me but obviously struck a chord for millions of others. For her fans, she'll be missed. RIP.

Ian

ddoughboy1978
02-12-2012, 05:42 PM
as Freddie Mercury's song goes...... Another one bites the dust!

RIP

Skullsplitter
02-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Gotta say in the 80's, Whitney may have been #1 on my most hated singers list. Hated her style, and the overexposure and such she received back then just made her the focal point of my dislike for the genre.

Having said that, I admit she had a very talented voice, and catchy tunes that weren't for me but obviously struck a chord for millions of others. For her fans, she'll be missed. RIP.

Ian
Yeah I agree man. In the 80's and still am a huge metal head so I wasn't a fan but like you I could not deny she had big time talent just not in my genre. What a shame a life cut way too shore.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of Whitney's family, friends and fans.
God Bless.

Strikefoil
02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
R.I.P. That is what you get for doing drugs.

CadBane
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Strike foil I'm anti drugs too but I'm not sure that's the best/appropriate way to put it. I understand what your saying but that sounds cold. Also the toxicology report isn't coming out for like 6 weeks so we don't even know yet.

HaloHawk87
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
RIP Whitney Houston. She was only 48.

jediblood
02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Crack kills....but RIP

Strikefoil
02-13-2012, 03:58 PM
It shouldnt take 6 weeks to do a toxicology report. That is a joke. No wonder this country is screwed up. They found prescription drugs in her hotel room. That should tell you something. She was drinking prior to dying.

Ian_C
02-13-2012, 04:51 PM
It shouldnt take 6 weeks to do a toxicology report. That is a joke. No wonder this country is screwed up. They found prescription drugs in her hotel room. That should tell you something. She was drinking prior to dying.

You were in the room and know she was drinking?

And yes, by the time the toxicology test is done, results are given, and it is interpreted, 6-8 weeks is about normal. I guess you're a forensics expert too, eh?

Ian

Strikefoil
02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
The news said she was drinking prior to her death and they found prescription drugs.

ihnken33
02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Not a shocker like some are taking it... but none the less, she did give this world her gift of song. Thank you for that.

RIP

Skullsplitter
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM
When my wife passed away being it was such a sudden death and my wife was so young the coroner wanted a toxicology report and it did in fact take 7 weeks before I heard that my wife had zero drugs in her system but once the seed is planted it seems to take on a life of it's own. Even in my wife's case I had some (Expletives) speculating on all kinds of stupid things. I guess there is no more honor in dieing.

GarvenDreis
02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Normally you don't compare value of human lives Garven.
I'm fully aware. I've seen my fair share of death, from many different positions.

While the death of anyone is sad from a humane aspect, celebrity deaths are overratted and often cause by their own hand.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to mourn someone I didn't know, let alone someone who really only contributed to the world in an entertainment aspect.

Of course the death of Irvin Kershner was different because he was a part of something we all obsess over. He died of lung caner though.

In this case she died by something my mother likes to call "unintentional suicide". She was behaving in a manner that is known to cause harm or death... So she unintentionally killed herself.
you were in life.

I'm just going to stop now because discussing death is a pretty touch subject.

CadBane
02-22-2012, 07:34 AM
The thing with entertainers though especially singers is that you connect with these people and their work. Some people I'm sure had a Whitney song played at their wedding, birthday party and ect. . Plus keep in mind were talking about the "Queen of Pop" which Whitney truly was in the 80's and early 90's. A lot of her songs had a deeper meaning and surpassed any garbage beyonce, Rihanna, Katy perry and all other pops stars push. I'm not looking to argue, I guess I can understand what your saying but I'm just asking you for a moment to take your first step into a larger world and see how others were saddened by this. Empathy you know?

GarvenDreis
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
The thing with entertainers though especially singers is that you connect with these people and their work. Some people I'm sure had a Whitney song played at their wedding, birthday party and ect. . Plus keep in mind were talking about the "Queen of Pop" which Whitney truly was in the 80's and early 90's. A lot of her songs had a deeper meaning and surpassed any garbage beyonce, Rihanna, Katy perry and all other pops stars push. I'm not looking to argue, I guess I can understand what your saying but I'm just asking you for a moment to take your first step into a larger world and see how others were saddened by this. Empathy you know?
I don't connect with entertainers. I'm actually quite disgusted how we as a society put them on such a high pedestal and idolize them. They entertain us, that's all they do. Now granted we may find meaning in their work and impact ourselves, but I don't think there is some automatic connection between a person and a celebrity. Of course they may have, but that doesn't make her death close to their hearts. There is a big difference between a fan losing a celebrity and a husband losing a wife.

I don't care who we're talking about, she was an entertainer. In Skullsplitter's case his wife passed away, that is completely different than an entertainer dying. There is honour in dying, but I'm not going to pretend things are different from reality just because a celebrity died.

You find deep meaning in songs yourself. Personally I don't relate to any of her songs. Pop culture progresses, and it's hard to compare them decades apart because it evolves so much.

I can understand how others were saddened but I think I am in the real world already. I have plenty of empathy, but I don't have it for people who act like a celebrity was their best friend, etc. It's ridiculous. Life's too short to pretend you have close connections with a celebrity.

I'm sorry but my views on life are completely different. And we both can agree this isn't the place to express this. Go ahead, make a reply and accuse me of blasphemy. I don't care, I've just chosen to have my own thoughts and feelings on life instead of following those that people blindly accept.

CadBane
02-22-2012, 10:47 AM
No one is saying that when a celebrity dies that someone has to go into depression bring their life to a pause. Your taking this to the extreme. Also songs like "the greatest love of all" have a much deeper meaning then beyonces to the left to the left and if you like it put a ring on it garbage. Im not into arguing I just thought that going into a thread where a singer has passed away and stating that the loss of an infomercial seller who passed away practically three years ago is a bigger loss is quite frankly random and insensitive. What you said and my response was over a week ago though so I think this one should just be let go.