PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Hammerhead Action Figure

Mapman
12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Up for pre-order:

Hammerhead - 12" Vintage Kenner Figure (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/80088.htm)

efranks
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
This actually looks pretty brilliant.

E...

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Ordered. I've been waiting on this one, Hammerhead is one of my favourite Cantina characters.

Jay_the_Lesser
12-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Hammerhead is my favorite Cantina alien, so it goes that I'll be ordering this for sure.

MaxWedge
12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Up at Razor's Edge for $64.99

Razors Edge Collectibles (http://www.razorsedgecollectibles.net/preorder-gentle-giant-star-wars-hammerhead-inch-jumbo-figure-p-7954.html)

Kevin_Lentz
12-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Hammerhead is my favorite vintage figure (and that's saying something). Ordered from Razor's Edge yesterday. It will be a happy day when that one arrives!

Nerfherder
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Mine too. Its the figure Ive had the longest, 31+ years, so Ive been waiting for this one for a long time - since I saw him at CV.

SirTristram
12-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Just pre-ordered from Mike at RE! I love Hammerhead too...(We seem to have a cult going here!).
I wish Sideshow would get on the ball and make a 1:1 bust of him!

ramy
08-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Anyone hear when this might be released?

I can't believe there wasn't already a thread for this.

Kaneda_01
04-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Looks like next week! GG updated their site with week of April 8th... can't wait to add this one to the collection. :0)

AussieFortuna
04-04-2013, 06:51 AM
My fav kenner figure too, just an iconic figure to the line, i cant wait for this one, hammerheads da bomb......

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
04-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Got my processing notice on ol' Hammerhead!

Tweekem
04-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Got my processing notice for ol Hammer AND walrus man... didnt see him comin... now just for power droid..

JediMarty
04-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Got my shipping notification as well. Looks like April will be a busy month for my credit card from Gentle Giant!!!:disgusted:

Tweekem
04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
This will be my 2nd and 3rd figs from them this month... Red Snags... HammerHead and Walrus Man... dont like it but I like it... ya know?

AussieFortuna
04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Just ordered mine, with a small release of only 1115 im not missing out on this one, i think this is one that might go up in value down the track.

Glitch
04-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Oh, man.....

Got my tracking number, and it says Hammerhead and Walrusman will be delivered tomorrow morning. Problem is, I'm leaving for a five day business trip tomorrow morning before they will arrive.

:(

Hammerhead is one of the figures I've been DYING for since day one, so this will be a killer of a wait.

Double :(

Logray
04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm particularly excited to see everyone's pictures of this one! The cantina aliens have always been among my favorite vintage figures.

Kaneda_01
04-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Came home to these two today... hope Power Droid isn't far behind! :O)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/Walrusman_Hammerhead_MOC.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/Walrusman_Hammerhead.jpg

Tweekem
04-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Got my Hammerhead but no wally... hope he shows tomorrow before the rain.

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
04-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Hammerhead arrived here in the UK today.

AussieFortuna
04-29-2013, 05:02 AM
Just got my hammerhead and i have to say GG have done a very poor job with this, i have just compared the kenner figure to this and this Jumbo is totally out of proportion.
They have made his legs as thick as tree trunks, his legs are actually very thin on the vintage kenner 3 3/4 inch, from the knees down they are basically the same size as his arms, but GG has turned them into clubs, the feet are ridiculously huge, the heads bigger too, this is the first GG ive been really disappointed in and yes i own the Tusken raider with the green cape and the club foot, and the chewie with one leg shorter than the other that doesnt stand up straight, but this hammerhead takes the cake.
Ive been a massive supporter of GG on this line, but for $80 they can do a better job than this, theres no way these are perfect computer scale ups of the original, unless the computer is broken, lift your game GG, for $80 you can deliver a lot better to your loyal customers..

Zodach
04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I'm really confused how Gentle Giant can screw up the proportions on a digital scan of these figures. I can see the scale being slightly off between figures, but not disproportionate limbs on a single figure.

AussieFortuna
04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I'm really confused how Gentle Giant can screw up the proportions on a digital scan of these figures. I can see the scale being slightly off between figures, but not disproportionate limbs on a single figure.

I agree mate, and ive never mentioned the scale issues as ive not seen it as a big problem, although many others have and fair enough, but to make the legs/feet 1/3 to 1/2 thicker than they actually are on the original kenner figure just makes this jumbo look out of proportion and wrong and seeings Hammerhead is my all time fav, im pretty disappointed on this one, cheers

ramy
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I just got notice from Razor's Edge that this one is now in stock.

Glitch
04-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Just got my hammerhead and i have to say GG have done a very poor job with this, i have just compared the kenner figure to this and this Jumbo is totally out of proportion.
They have made his legs as thick as tree trunks, his legs are actually very thin on the vintage kenner 3 3/4 inch, from the knees down they are basically the same size as his arms, but GG has turned them into clubs, the feet are ridiculously huge, the heads bigger too, this is the first GG ive been really disappointed in and yes i own the Tusken raider with the green cape and the club foot, and the chewie with one leg shorter than the other that doesnt stand up straight, but this hammerhead takes the cake.
Ive been a massive supporter of GG on this line, but for $80 they can do a better job than this, theres no way these are perfect computer scale ups of the original, unless the computer is broken, lift your game GG, for $80 you can deliver a lot better to your loyal customers..

In think you're overstating it a bit. In fact, I can't really see how they are all that far off - if at all. It often depends on the figure they scanned it from. Lots of variation on vintage figures. Take a look at the legs on the Hammerhead figure on the far left. He looks almost exactly like (especially in the thighs) the GG figure. I think Hammerhead might be one of their better figures, actually. It's certainly not one of those things I'm going to get even remotely worked up about.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/3548/SW_15_Hammerhead1a.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/Walrusman_Hammerhead.jpg

Actually, looking at the above photo, I think they screwed up more on Greedo with his skinny, strait thighs and wide, squared off block crotch joints compared to the vintage figure:

http://www.jedidefender.com/collect92/greedo%20vintage.jpg

What REALLY kills me is when you get figures like Blue Snaggletooth that are taller than Chewbacca. You definitely have to take the good with the bad in this line......which should be one of the easiest lines in the history of toys/collectables to manage.

I guess not.

:(

trigger2k10
05-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Just some comparison shots that show how bad this figure is compared to the original. At least what I see as bad:

Too dull, too light, and what is that huge raised seam down the center of his head? A mohawk? The original just has a faint line.

http://i.imgur.com/eONBR2U.jpg

Um...do you have to break that huge raised seam on his palms so he can hold the gun? Come on...that's the thing that bothered me the most when I first looked at this figure.

http://i.imgur.com/oJ3GFLg.jpg

AussieFortuna
05-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Trigger, just push it in there mate, it goes in for a pretty snug fit, but i agree with you mate, they have really dropped the ball with this one in more ways than one, cheers

trigger2k10
05-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure if I'm even going to open this now. I have the cantina playset (which I didn't pay full price for...I don't see how they justify charging over $80 for a piece of cardboard) and also blue snag, Walrusman, and eventually Greedo. But after this I'll probably just sell it. The set would take up too much room anyway.

Glitch
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Quick apology to AussieFortuna. In my response above I ripped on the GG Greedo figure above in response to his issues with Hammerhead. I just read in another topic that this was his favorite figure. D'OH!!

Anyway, knowing that, the later part of my post looks petty and spiteful - not my intention.

I guess what it should really point out is that none of these guys are 100% perfect (not even R2 and 3PO), but there's still plenty to enjoy.

Sorry about that, Aussie!

:)

AussieFortuna
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Quick apology to AussieFortuna. In my response above I ripped on the GG Greedo figure above in response to his issues with Hammerhead. I just read in another topic that this was his favorite figure. D'OH!!

Anyway, knowing that, the later part of my post looks petty and spiteful - not my intention.

I guess what it should really point out is that none of these guys are 100% perfect (not even R2 and 3PO), but there's still plenty to enjoy.

Sorry about that, Aussie!

:)

Hey bro no apology needed at all mate, appreciate the thought but its all good, we all have our opinions thats the beauty of this place.
I have 6 loose hammerheads and when i got this jumbo it just didnt look right, so i compared them all and really felt they had overdone the legs as all mine have very thin legs unlike the ones on the far left of your pic.
After having a chewie that hardly stands up cause one legs too short, a sandman thats green cape has left marks all over the figure lol i was just a bit upset the hammerhead thats one of my all time favs just didnt seem right, ive got him on display now and he looks pretty good i must say.
Your spot on about the greedo thighs being to thin on the jumbo, but i just love the lime green and the overall look, i sort of looked past that, he is without a doubt my fav jumbo.
Your spot on, none are perfect, i love them all, its a great line but if i was only paying 40 bucks i wouldnt care, but 80 odd bucks is a lot.
LOL Ill keep buying all the aliens because i love em, these are just about the only modern line ive ever bought as im a vintage purist, and seeing you guys are the only guys i have to vent to lol you gotta cop it lol, i dont know one other person that collects starwars apart from the net so i let it all out here lol.
Just wait to one of my other favs 4-lom comes out ill be complaining about his leather coat, yes im still calling him 4-lom haha.
Thanks for the kind note mate your a good guy.

Cheers mate

Glitch
05-16-2013, 02:39 PM
It's all good, and I agree with almost everything you said there. It's just when I saw that Greedo was your favorite, I just felt a bit like a ******.

$40-$50 would be perfect price point. Unfortunately, as long as we're paying twice that, GG has no reason to change.

My Chewie is actually fine in the legs department....other than the fact that they are also underscaled along with the rest of his body. IMO, undersized Chewbacca is the worst offender in the line. If they ever offered a correctly scaled Chewbacca, sadly, I would be the first in line.

Its_A_Trap
11-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Ordered this guy for my friend...got the box and the clamshell was seriously crushed :(

Anyone had luck sending these back for a replacement?

BillMulder
11-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Ordered this guy for my friend...got the box and the clamshell was seriously crushed :(

Anyone had luck sending these back for a replacement?

From Gentle Giant? They had no problem sending me a replacement when one of mine got smashed in transit.

Its_A_Trap
12-02-2013, 10:22 AM
From Gentle Giant? They had no problem sending me a replacement when one of mine got smashed in transit.

Not the experience I am having...

I sent them an email almost two weeks ago. A week ago, a customer service rep got back to me but said I had to send pictures of the damage. I was happy to oblige and did so the very same evening (11/25). No response a week later.

This was all after e-mailing them repeatedly because they sent me non-working promo codes from my PGM membership. :mad:

AussieFortuna
12-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Not the experience I am having...

I sent them an email almost two weeks ago. A week ago, a customer service rep got back to me but said I had to send pictures of the damage. I was happy to oblige and did so the very same evening (11/25). No response a week later.

This was all after e-mailing them repeatedly because they sent me non-working promo codes from my PGM membership. :mad:

Send a message to GG rep Dreamwalker/chris on here, he seems a good guy, im sure he will work it out for you as he has helped many others on here with stuff like this, cheers

Its_A_Trap
12-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Send a message to GG rep Dreamwalker/chris on here, he seems a good guy, im sure he will work it out for you as he has helped many others on here with stuff like this, cheers

Thanks! But what is the exact user name? No results came up for "Dreamwalker" :confused:

AussieFortuna
12-03-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks! But what is the exact user name? No results came up for "Dreamwalker" :confused:

Hi mate, his name is Dreamwalker, you might have spelt it wrong.

Or you can get him this way.

Go to the top subforum in the GG forums, the one above this one, think its called mini busts etc, he has a sticky in that forum Q and A with dreamwalker, people ask him questions, its a huge thread.

Go into the thread and find him, he is on every page, send him a PM, send him your details and email, im sure he will look after you, his name is Chris, he works for GG, cheers

Hoth_My_Fav
03-01-2015, 02:09 PM
this is such a great figure in Jumbo form! I cant seem to find any dealers offering him tho.. any ideas besides ebay?

40cal
03-02-2015, 07:42 PM
this is such a great figure in Jumbo form! I cant seem to find any dealers offering him tho.. any ideas besides ebay?

I just so happened to pick up a spare today from a local comic shop on a trade. Do you have any others to trade???

Hoth_My_Fav
03-02-2015, 11:13 PM
I just so happened to pick up a spare today from a local comic shop on a trade. Do you have any others to trade???

Sorry no I dont have any to trade. So you found this in a comic store wow thats so cool!

Hoth_My_Fav
03-21-2015, 03:59 PM
So I recently got a Jumbo Hammerhead in the mail today from a fellow RS member. I am very happy and pleased with him.

For starters, I love the use of the vintage SW ANH card, love seeing the STAR WARS all blown up and the nice trim all around the front of the card, looks FANTASTIC!

The figure itself is just great, such an odd yet fun looking figure to be made into jumbo size. There are several things I appreciate about this figure seeing that its in the Jumbo line up.

1- As a kid, this was one of the few figures from Star Wars ANH that I really like, more so than say Boba Fett, the stormtrooper or even say Han Solo. Others might disagree but thats one nice facet of SW collecting, there is something for everyone!

2- I have always loved Hammerhead's aqua green clothing lol It reminds me of wearing a runners technical sleeveless shirt with 3 inch runners shorts , which to me says Hammerhead goes pretty light everywhere he goes lol. In jumbo, you really get a nice sense for this little piece of clothing he wears, including the creases from the neck area down.

3- What always struck me as interesting about Hammerhead were the following: his protruding veins, his odd shaped head and his root like feet lol. The jumbo version lets you really appreciate these details, his veins are just popping out in the Jumbo version, I just love that! Makes me think that Hammerhead probably enjoys playing a sport like basketball with his long lanky arms and he can bench press a lot, which means the guy has range from outside the arc on the court when he takes his shot lol. His feet in jumbo form are massive, they are like big tree roots, which again, man he would probably also make a great center in the NBA because with feet like that, no one is going to push him around!

Again I am very pleased with this jumbo figure. All the features I like on the original vintage toy come out in great detail and I am very happy to have added him to my collection. I was not aware and had no clue he had been released early on.