PDA

View Full Version : Anyone collecting these loose?

Its_A_Trap
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Is anyone collecting the GG Jumbo line loose?

I have most of those released so far (no Ben, Boba or cloth cape Jawa) and have been trying to decide whether or not to pop 'em open. My original plan was to buy just the VC Jawa (what is cooler than a huge VC Jawa? LOL) but wound up buying more. For those of you that do collect loose, do they display well? How do the paint apps hold up when handled/displayed? I have seen some grumbling about the latter and wanted to see what people's thoughts are.

Kevin_Lentz
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey,

I've been opening all of mine to display with my vintage carded. They display well, aside from the issues with scale and cape color. No trouble with paint loss. They look great - because they're hollow, they're light, and they don't feel like $80 pieces if you pick them up. But I really dig them.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1488/005234.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1488/006208.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1488/001336.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1488/002302.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1488/003279.jpg

captainsolo
10-15-2011, 10:32 AM
I keep mine carded and on a totally different shelf from my vintage stuff, but i will admit. That set up you have there looks awesome. I really like it. The Vinyl Jawa is freaking SWEET

jedimasterc
10-15-2011, 12:30 PM
The 3 3/4 vinyl caped you have.I hate to ask how much that SOB was.I only have 5 of these and they are remaining carded.The Vinyl caped Jawa is wicked.I have:

Boba Fett
Stormtrooper
Jawa(cloth and vinyl)
Vader

This is a great line of figures but very pricey.

Azuryte
10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I've been opening mine for display, but half of them won't stand up on their own. Hoping protech makes display stands for these. My Han Solo has one leg that is a good 1/2 cm shorter than the other. Absolutly no way to make it stand on its own.

Turbowars
10-18-2011, 07:23 PM
If I opened these I would be ever more pissed off that I bought about 8 of these damn things. There is no way these are worth what we paid for them. I need to unload these soon.

Mr_Bwing
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I've been opening mine for display, but half of them won't stand up on their own. Hoping protech makes display stands for these. My Han Solo has one leg that is a good 1/2 cm shorter than the other. Absolutly no way to make it stand on its own.

That's disappointing. Anyone else have loose Han's that are easier to stand? I'm planning to buy these for loose display, but will skip Han is he's likely to be a bust.

midnightmadman
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I opened my Vader I bought and I was really disapointed about the 'feel' of it. They just don't feel right being hollow. The plastic is too soft also.
If they were solid and made out of the same type of plastic the originals were they would feel right.. these just don't

Amanaman
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
I would probably only get Blue Snaggletooth, Amanaman, and Yakface if they ever get made, just for the novelty, but this is not a line I'd put my heart into. For what they're charging, they could have sprung for better material accuracy.

BlueSnaggletooth
10-22-2011, 12:19 AM
I had high hopes for this line but its turned into a bit of a disappointment.

-Snags

Obi_Han
10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
I opened my Vader I bought and I was really disapointed about the 'feel' of it. They just don't feel right being hollow. The plastic is too soft also.
If they were solid and made out of the same type of plastic the originals were they would feel right.. these just don't

I didn't realize these were hollow. :blue: I had figured these were the same plastic and construct as the original figures. This is making me doublethink whether I want any of these...

midnightmadman
10-23-2011, 05:30 PM
I didn't realize these were hollow. :blue: I had figured these were the same plastic and construct as the original figures. This is making me doublethink whether I want any of these...

It would have made world of difference with the right solid plastic IMO. These remind me of the PVC statues they used to sell in the 90s that have no value at all now.

Obi_Han
10-23-2011, 09:16 PM
It would have made world of difference with the right solid plastic IMO. These remind me of the PVC statues they used to sell in the 90s that have no value at all now.

Especially at $75 a pop. At, say, $25 you could argue that plastic construction might be more reasonable...

Amanaman
10-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Upon seeing the first loose pics of the Stormtrooper, it was obvious to me that these figures are just visual facsimiles meant to be kept MOC. The feel, fit and finish just isn't there. I'd say if these were blown up to 2x and not 4x the size, and sold for about $25-30 each, they would have been a hit.

midnightmadman
10-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Upon seeing the first loose pics of the Stormtrooper, it was obvious to me that these figures are just visual facsimiles meant to be kept MOC. The feel, fit and finish just isn't there. I'd say if these were blown up to 2x and not 4x the size, and sold for about $25-30 each, they would have been a hit.

Well said.

machiwoomiapoo
11-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I would love to open one up. I have them all so far, but I'm afraid to open them up after reading this thread. I plan on buying another set when everyone gets tired of them and sells them for half of what they paid. I prefer the 12" size since I'm missing most of the original 12" figures. I know they're different but some of them actually look better in my opinion. No matter what the size, I'd like to have one of each. I'm super envious of that vinyl caped 3 3/4 Jawa on display! I'm about 20 figures away from completing my vintage 3 3/4 MOC collection and that expensive junk dealer will probably be the last one I buy. I'll need a bank loan to get him too!?!?

I say open them if you want!

DarthWaller
11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
If anyone needs a loose big and small head Han, let me know. I want to unload the last two I have. :adoration:

wampa_attack
11-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I was never one to collect loose vintage SW figures. That was until these figures came out and made me realise how much I like the original vintage figures even more than their original packaging. I am now collecting loose vintage SW figures as well as the new 12" figures. The answer is yes...I am collecting the 12" figures loose.

By the way...PM sent to DarthWaller.