PDA

View Full Version : Mara Jade - #14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

*___*
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
It's back, baby! Hasbro has just sent out word that they are once again starting up another Star Wars Fan's Choice poll! Read on for all the details.

Hasbro is pleased to once again invite you to help determine the next Star Wars Fans' Choice figure!

Nominees for the Fansí Choice poll, which will determine a character to be included in Hasbro's Star Wars action figure line in 2013, in time for the 30th anniversary of STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI.

Rebelscum readers will help determine the characters they wish to be considered for the next STAR WARS Fansí Choice figure and share the top 10 list on Wednesday, September 28, 2011.

Results list should be ranked in order of importance from 1-10. All polling result lists will be combined together (each outlet getting an equal voice) with the #1 character on each list worth 10 points, the #2 character worth 9 points, the #3 worth 8 points, etc.

The resultant point values will be used to generate the final ballot of 20 choices, which will be announced in October by STAR WARS Insider on their website.

Fans will then be able to vote on STAR WARS Insider's site for their favorite character out of the Top 20, and the character with the most votes as of November 31 will be the new STAR WARS Fansí Choice figure!

Please note: any characters selected from the current STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series would be done in a realistic style.

The winning character will be announced at Hasbroís 2012 Collector-Fan Media Day event at Toy Fair in New York in February 2012.

UPDATE! As you may have noticed, there is no such date as November 31st. ("30 days hath September, April, June and November...") So the deadline is actually going to be December 1. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

*___*
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Much like we did in 2009, our recently-completed Wishlist Poll results will be added to one more poll for a "best of the best" poll.

Look for that to kick off soon...probably over the weekend.

Droidworld
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Since it is in honor of the 30th anniversary of ROTJ, my choices, and final votes will go towards an ROTJ specific figure. Just saying'!

FDOIRex
09-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Does this include Clone Wars?

And Jocasta Nu FTW!

Nicklab
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Here are the standings from the 2009 poll. The submissions were made by Hasbro Star Wars Q&A participating sites, and the final vote was conducted by the now-defunct Toyfare magazine:

1 - Bastila Shan 10.6% POLL WINNER - DUE OUT Q4/'11
2 - Jocasta Nu 10%
3 - Darth Caedus 8%
4 - Darth Plageuis 7.9%
5 - Jaxxon 4%
6 - Admiral Pellaeon 3.7%
7 - Dash Rendar 3.7%
8 - Guri 3.6%
9 - Dorme 3.5%
10 - Bariss Offee 3.5% MADE - VC-51
11 - Weequay Skiff Master 3.5% MADE - VC-48
12 - Tzizvvt 2.9%
13 - Kittster and Wald 2.8%
14 - Toryn Farr 2.6%
15 - Cane Adiss 2.4%
16 - Rebel Fleet Trooper 2.4% MADE - VC-52
17 - Bom Vimdin 2.4% MADE - VC-53
18 - Cliegg Lars 2.3%
19 - Joruus CíBaoth 2.3%
20 - Grand Moff Tarkin 2.1%
21 - Ben-Quadinaros 2.1% DUE OUT Q1/'12
22 - Darth Sidious 1.9% MADE - VC-12
23 - Queen Apailana 1.8%
24 - Tey How 1.8%
25 - Sim Aloo 1.7%
26 - Sgt. Doallyn 1.5%
27 - Taym Dren-Garen 1.3%
28 - Dr. Evazan 1% DUE OUT Q1/'12
29 - Corde 0.8%
30 - Queen Jamilla 0.7%

Keller71
09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Does this include Clone Wars?

And Jocasta Nu FTW!

I hope not.

Titan_Shore
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to this poll .. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darth_Satan
09-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Here are the standings from the 2009 poll.......

That line=up doesn't bode well to me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Top 9 are terrible in my opinion and you forgot to note that Number 10 Barriss has been done in both styles since then http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On a Barriss-related note...Looking at my collection the other day I think the worst figure now that desperately needs a redo is probably AOTC disco-senator Jar Jar, but I know it isn't going to happen and I still wouldn't vote for him in this poll.

Nicklab
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM

That line=up doesn't bode well to me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Top 9 are terrible in my opinion and you forgot to note that Number 10 Barriss has been done in both styles since then http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And?

The poll rules (per Hasbro) indicate that the poll winner will be done as a movie realistic figure. I indicated Barriss Offee (VC-51) in the standings. The CW figure is not germain to the discussion.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sundecay
09-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Jaxxon!

Rama
09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
We all know what is going to happen. Jocasta Nu will win because fans think that will somehow make Hasbro make her. Hasbro will still refuse and just make the 2nd place guy.

*___*
09-01-2011, 05:52 PM
We will be submitting our list of the top 10 characters, which will be determined by a new poll.

So, this year we narrowed things down to a smaller number of categories.

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Expanded Universe
The Clone Wars - Realistic
The Clone Wars

Since The Clone Wars was specifically catered to the show and the animated style figures, I'm thinking of NOT including those results in the new poll.

Which leaves us with 8 categories. How did we decide was best last time? Just select the top 10 (number to be determined) from each category and run with that list? Or was there a percentage qualification last time, so more popular polls may end up with more characters?

I seem to recall there was some discussion about this last time, but I don't recall all the details.

Bo_Chooda
09-01-2011, 05:56 PM
...the character with the most votes as of November 31 will be the new STAR WARS Fansí Choice figure!

So the character with the most votes on a nonexistent date wins? Maybe that's been the distribution problem: Hasbro doesn't use a real calendar! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

coeli
09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Soooo, basically......another cool figure....that we will never see....on the pegs. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ReverendStrone
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
This should be interesting. I suspect we'll see far less fan consensus on EU options this time round. As far as EU figures go, it's a very different landscape from where we played in 2009. I'm picking a ROTJ candidate as most likely to win, but in any case, I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Price_Tagge
09-01-2011, 06:17 PM

Top 9 are terrible in my opinion

Agreed 100%. I don't know how out of place I am, but I hate seeing that much EU dominate the top spots. I'm just not really a fan. Piett and Panaka all the way.

FDOIRex
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
We will be submitting our list of the top 10 characters, which will be determined by a new poll.

So, this year we narrowed things down to a smaller number of categories.

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Expanded Universe
The Clone Wars - Realistic
The Clone Wars

Since The Clone Wars was specifically catered to the show and the animated style figures, I'm thinking of NOT including those results in the new poll.

Which leaves us with 8 categories. How did we decide was best last time? Just select the top 10 (number to be determined) from each category and run with that list? Or was there a percentage qualification last time, so more popular polls may end up with more characters?

I seem to recall there was some discussion about this last time, but I don't recall all the details.

I say top 10. There are far too many 'vote downs' in certain categories to expect a percentage. For Example, Episode 1 would probably have more vote downs as opposed to Episode 6, and that group's average percentage would change too.

I also say we spit EU into KOTOR-Era, Movie Era, Legacy Era (ROTJ on). This would give characters a chance to move further up in the poll.

Toonimator
09-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Top 9 are terrible in my opinion

Agreed 100%. I don't know how out of place I am, but I hate seeing that much EU dominate the top spots. I'm just not really a fan. Piett and Panaka all the way.

In case you hadn't noticed, most of what's left to tackle is EU, aside from resculpts and precious few substantial screen characters. So I love that Top 9, mostly (Dorme not so much). Though I'd rather see Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, and Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker replace Dorme, Jaxxon, and Dash http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

darth_sidious
09-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Polls seem to be really complicated here compared to other sites, a simple top ten list from each member nominating their favorite characters might be more simple - unless Hasbro is asking this site to break everything down by category to gather more data...

FDOIRex
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
9/30 Figures are based off of EU Sources. 8 of which placed in the top ten
the lowest EU figure placed at #19, which was Joruus C'Baoth
Of the EU figures, 1 was from pre TPM, The rest from OT-onwards EU

10/30 figures are based off PT sources, 2 of whiched placed in the top ten
TPM - 3 (Highest #13, Lowest #24)
AOTC - 6 (Highest #9, lowest #30)
ROTS - 1 (#23)
12/30 figures were of the OT. None placed in the top ten. The highest OT
placement was at #11, and the lowest at #28.
ANH - 5 (Highest #16, Lowest #28)
ESB - 1 (#14)
ROTJ - 5 (Highest #11, Lowest #27)

So, EU is most popular according to this, specifically post prequel EU.
The films rank:
- AOTC
- ROTJ
- ANH
- TPM
- ROTS

Yeah, that's right. AOTC wins. SUCK IT, HATERS! AOTC RULES!

Droidworld
09-01-2011, 07:02 PM
In honour of ROTJ's 30th, this would be my list:

Cane Adiss

Emperor Palpatine

Nien Nunb

Princess Leia - Ewok Village

Ree Yees

Yakface

Sgt. Doallyn

Sim Aloo

Sy Snootles (Vintage)

Definitely not interested in anything EU or PT for this, and though I really want a new Emperor, Ewok Leia, Nien Nunb and Sim Aloo on Vintage card, the Fan's Choice tends to be more along the lines of Cane Adiss, Sgt. Doallyn, and Sy Snootles.

Can't wait to see how the poll starts taking shape!

ReverendStrone
09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
9/30 Figures are based off of EU Sources. 8 of which placed in the top... (etc, snipped for length)

You're quoting the 2009 poll though right FD? Would you expect the same results today, mid to late 2011? The RS polls of the last two years have told a different story I believe.

FDOIRex
09-01-2011, 07:31 PM
9/30 Figures are based off of EU Sources. 8 of which placed in the top... (etc, snipped for length)

You're quoting the 2009 poll though right FD? Would you expect the same results today, mid to late 2011? The RS polls of the last two years have told a different story I believe.

I am using the 2009 poll. I feel that the results will have litte/any change. ESB and ROTS are still mined out and major EU characters are still wanted. I don't see, say, Toyrn Farr taking #1.

GNT
09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Expanded Universe
The Clone Wars

I think a fair way of doing any poll would be for fans to nominate 1 figure from each category. That way all movies and sources have an equal shot at getting made otherwise the top 10 figures might be all OT characters or all from one movie and that wouldn't be fair to those that are dying to see a figure made from another sources.

The categories should be:

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Expanded Universe - Books
Expanded Universe - Games
The Clone Wars
10th spot for the character who scored the 2nd top score from any category.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Polls seem to be really complicated here compared to other sites

[/QUOTE]

To much drama IMO.

ReverendStrone
09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
The problem with 1 from every category is you force people to vote in a way that may not represent their collecting habits or wants. I would think that 10 votes per voter, selected from any media (so they can make up their own minds as to whether they want to stack all 10 slots with OT or EU or whatever, or mix 'em up) would be much fairer and more likely to give an indication of their true wants rather than forcing them into a framework that demands a vote in categories they may have no interest in or just one vote for a category that might be the sole focus of their collection for all we know.

darth_sidious
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Limiting nominations to 1 character per category is too restrictive - this is a fans choice poll, we should all nominate who we what to see made, not limit ourselves to a specific movie, book, etc...

Obi_Han
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I think the 1 figure per category is a great way to go!

Orangepeace
09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Alright can't wait to summit my first fan choice poll!

Two words for my top choice, Mon Mothma!

Droidworld
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I think the 1 figure per category is a great way to go!

I'm not so keen on that. Only mildly interested in collecting anything outside of the OT, so only 3 out of the 8 or 9 sources.

A top ten out of whatever source you like would be less limiting to those of us with a narrower focus.

Napseeker
09-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I just want to say...

Go JAXXON! ! ! !

That is all. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnTrooper
09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Here are last times planning and voting threads.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3841032
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3862162

bigbarada
09-01-2011, 08:18 PM
The problem with 1 from every category is you force people to vote in a way that may not represent their collecting habits or wants. I would think that 10 votes per voter, selected from any media (so they can make up their own minds as to whether they want to stack all 10 slots with OT or EU or whatever, or mix 'em up) would be much fairer and more likely to give an indication of their true wants rather than forcing them into a framework that demands a vote in categories they may have no interest in or just one vote for a category that might be the sole focus of their collection for all we know.

I agree. Almost all of my top choices would be from ROTJ. I can't think of a single figure I'd want from AOTC, ROTS or ESB at this point.

This poll should reflect the actual collecting habits of the members of this site, not the administration's views of "fairness."

Revanfan1
09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Zayne Carrick

Ben Skywalker

Anakin Solo

But mostly ZAYNE CARRICK .

Toonimator
09-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Zayne Carrick

Ben Skywalker

Anakin Solo

But mostly ZAYNE CARRICK .

Can we use our 10 votes for one single character? If so... Zayne Carrick. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No, but seriously, dude NEEDS a figure. Headline character in a popular comic series, the unsung hero of his era, and had two pretty great 'looks' between his Outlaw attire and his Rogue Jedi suit from the latter end of the series. Either--or both!--would make excellent figures. And one's even got a blaster and a yellow saber!

Anyway... I'm for 10 of any source, rather than "1 per category". There's not a lot I want from AOTC, ROTS, or even TPM now that we've got so many coming next year. ESB's looking pretty thin, and most of my ANH and ROTJ wants are strongly rumored (like Nien Nunb or Tarkin). And despite my Zayne-centric babble above, it'd be tough to narrow down EU picks in even two categories to just ONE from each (and what about Comics? That should be a category, too, since--and here Zayne's the PERFECT example--Hasbro didn't really hit all the OBVIOUS and BEST choices in all the Comic Packs they did; looking at that 2009 poll, you've got Dash Rendar and Guri in there, both from SOTE; who'd we get in figure-form from SOTE in the CPs? Prince Xizor, the villain, understandably...and LEIA. A craptastically pathetic Leia.)

Orangepeace
09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Zayne Carrick is own my list as #3. For #2 is Jocasta Nu, like everyone said. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*___*
09-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Polls seem to be really complicated here compared to other sites, a simple top ten list from each member nominating their favorite characters might be more simple - unless Hasbro is asking this site to break everything down by category to gather more data...

The reason for this is actually pretty simple: We voted already!

The annual Wishlist Poll pretty much tells the story of what we (members of the Rebelscum community) want to see, and it's something that I think we shouldn't ignore. (Besides, we try to put some thought and logic behind this, rather than just throwing out a list of 10 names at random.)

I think that it's wrong to disregard all the data we've gathered so far.

I suppose we COULD just take the results, determine the overall standings of each character from the results, come up with our top 10 list, and call it a day. But having the poll is more fun. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I remember this came up back in 2009, so I'll have to go back and see what we did then. Not that we need to follow that same plan, but I'm curious to refer back to what we did before.

darth_sidious
09-01-2011, 09:39 PM

The annual Wishlist Poll pretty much tells the story of what we (members of the Rebelscum community) want to see, and it's something that I think we shouldn't ignore. (Besides, we try to put some thought and logic behind this, rather than just throwing out a list of 10 names at random.)

I suppose we COULD just take the results, determine the overall standings of each character from the results, come up with our top 10 list, and call it a day. But having the poll is more fun. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I remember this came up back in 2009, so I'll have to go back and see what we did then. Not that we need to follow that same plan, but I'm curious to refer back to what we did before.

I know, but a wishlist poll and a fans choice poll may turn out very differently. I'm willing to bet more people will vote in the fans choice poll than any wishlist we might run. The thing is, when fans know their vote will count toward the possible release of one of their most desired figures, they'll be sure to vote, whereas many members ignore the wishlist polls...

While that data is certainly useful, the results might be totally different if people knew that the end result would lead to Rebelscums top ten submission to Hasbro. Perhaps if this internal poll used all the top ten winners from each wishlist category, and combined them to give the members a very broad selection of nominees to vote for, it would work. I just want to make sure people arent mandated to pick characters from certain movies, thus submitting nominations they dont truly support. I simply think if someone wants to vote for 10 PT, 10 OT, or 10 EU characters, they should be allowed to - no restrictions.

Masterfett
09-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Somehow I think Hasbro might believe Jocasta Nu will win this year, based on their stipulation that Characters selected from the TCW animated series would be done in a realistic style.

Of course if they are already planning to make her for EP23D release, then it would be a shame to waste that spot.
This is why it sucks to vote blind in these polls, we could be voting for figures already on the way!

jedi_shadow
09-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Somehow I think Hasbro might believe Jocasta Nu will win this year, based on their stipulation that Characters selected from the TCW animated series would be done in a realistic style.

Of course if they are already planning to make her for EP23D release, then it would be a shame to waste that spot.
This is why it sucks to vote blind in these polls, we could be voting for figures already on the way!

I agree and thats why we should vote heavily for EU http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jedi_shadow
09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
The categories should be:

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Expanded Universe - Books
Expanded Universe - Games
The Clone Wars
10th spot for the character who scored the 2nd top score from any category.

I also think 1 slot per movie and 1 for clone wars. Then for the EU: 1 for books, games and comics. Theres the 10. I think this gives the choices a nice selection instead of being dominated by a single source.

Trooper31
09-02-2011, 01:33 AM

I agree with Curto. Our own wishlist poll should not be ignored and it's a good basis for this poll.

I also agree that polls are fun. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deathbymonkeys
09-02-2011, 02:13 AM

I know, but a wishlist poll and a fans choice poll may turn out very differently. I'm willing to bet more people will vote in the fans choice poll than any wishlist we might run. The thing is, when fans know their vote will count toward the possible release of one of their most desired figures, they'll be sure to vote, whereas many members ignore the wishlist polls...

While that data is certainly useful, the results might be totally different if people knew that the end result would lead to Rebelscums top ten submission to Hasbro. Perhaps if this internal poll used all the top ten winners from each wishlist category, and combined them to give the members a very broad selection of nominees to vote for, it would work. I just want to make sure people arent mandated to pick characters from certain movies, thus submitting nominations they dont truly support. I simply think if someone wants to vote for 10 PT, 10 OT, or 10 EU characters, they should be allowed to - no restrictions.

This is EXACTLY true. A wishlist polling is different. And it won't represent exactly who the fans want. Period. I know a lot of work went into it but in ALL those pollings you did I don't recall more than a few figures I would want. Out of ALL the polls. But I can easily come up with 10 on my own I would want. It needs to be everyone just giving thier top 10. It's the only fair way to do it. Esspecially for all the other people from other sites that will now take part.

GNT
09-02-2011, 06:18 AM
If you go by the top 10 overall figures from the wishlist threads the list would be as follows:

Toryn Farr
Captain/Admiral Piett
Mosep Bineed
Luke Skywalker - Hoth
Sim Aloo
Nien Nunb
Jocasta Nu
Fozec
Cliegg Lars
Sgt. Doallyn

No EU, TPM, ROTS or Clone Wars make the list.

*___*
09-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Here is the list I got.
I went through and picked out the top 10 from each of the 9 categories...then arranged them all by their number ranking:

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Ahsoka Tano (TCW Season Three) 4.68
Captain/Admiral Piett 4.65
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) 4.63
Vintage Nikto 4.63
Savage Oppress (TCW) 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.58
Princess Leia (Main Outfit) 4.55
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.53
Baniss Keeg (Chachi De Maal) 4.50
Saelt Marae 4.50
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.47
Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi) 4.48
Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand) 4.48
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Vintage Commander) 4.46
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Death Squad Commander 4.44
Commander Praji 4.42
Princess Leia (Bespin Gown) * 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Modal Node 4.40
Han Solo (Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block) 4.39
Princess Leia (Ceremony) 4.37
Arleil Schous 4.36
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) 4.34
Takeel / Zutton / Snaggletooth 4.33

TOP 52 (see below)
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot) 4.31
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
EG-6 Power Droid (Lars Homestead) 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Darth Plageuis 4.30
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Lando Calrissian (Bespin Administrator) 4.25
Ahsoka Tano (Seasons One and Two) 4.25
Captain Rex 4.24
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Merumeru 4.20
Darth Sidious (Office Duel) 4.17
Tarfful 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.15
Asajj Ventress (Season One) 4.14
Mandalorian Deathwatch Warrior 4.09
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri 4.04
Emperor Palpatine (Foundation of Empire) 4.03
Dash Rendar 4.03
Noghri Warrior 4.02

...and the rest
Queen Amidala - Theed Battle 3.97
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon 3.94
Darth Maladi 3.93
Mother Talzin 3.92
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) 3.92
Embo 3.91
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) 3.91
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
Captain Panaka / Naboo Security Officer 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Loyalist Committee Amidala - 3.82
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Queen Amidala - Post Senate 3.79
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Meadow Picnic Amidala - 3.76
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Senator Amidala (Anakin's Return) 3.74
J'oopi She' (Klaatu Jedi) 3.65
Senator Amidala (Declaration of the Empire) 3.65
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64

In 2009, we took the top 100 characters from the Wishlist Poll (after much discussion) and made a new poll. If we follow that pattern, We can just use these 90 characters.

If we eliminate by value (say, no one less than 4.0 is eligible), then the number ends at 52 characters (DC comics fans take note!)

Also, I did not go through and eliminate any confirmed/rumored characters, or deal with ties, or anything like that. That would change the list of course.

OR, we don't have to vote at all...and just go with the top 10 list above.

*___*
09-02-2011, 07:32 AM
UPDATE! As you may have noticed, there is no such date as November 31st. ("30 days hath September, April, June and November...") So the deadline is actually going to be December 1. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wookie_inked
09-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Fozec

Cain Adiss

Barada

Lyn My

Rystall

Xoxgit

Yak Face

NicodemusLegend
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
What? No love for Admiral Daala?

Getting passed over because she's a woman again! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darth_Satan
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I am loving GNTs list!

As I mentioned at the time, the whole wishful-thinking Ewok 2-pack idea needs to die, like, NOW. Not going to happens and wastes a slot on a nomination hasbro will ignore.

Keller71
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
I am loving GNTs list!

I am too.

DarkKnight07
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
My concern is that with any cartoon character being done in a realistic style, people are going to push for that because they'll want something done in a realistic style in the hopes Hasbro will make more.

And I have to admit, I didn't understand how the poll worked here last time at all. It seemed incredibly complicated and I didn't understand how things with a score of 4.1 or whatever was a top contender.

DarkKnight07
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Regarding disregarding the data already collected, perhaps people have changed their wants since then. Granted there may only be a few people who have changed, but still.

And again I don't understand the top 10 list thing. We would then vote for one figure out of the top 10? Or present all 10 to Hasbro even though they're only going to make one?

I think everyone should submit their list of figures they want made, the lists get aggregated into one, then everyone gets one vote and whichever figures gets the most votes wins. Simple.

Chamberlain
09-02-2011, 12:46 PM
I agree that the categories are too complicated. If Hasbro is asking what we want, then the list for today is not the list from last year or the year before that. Opinions change. I'd vote that we just start a poll right now for this survey and submit those results to Hasbro. each fan submits 10 choices and the one that is on the most lists is the nomination for this website. If Hasbro wants to celebrate ROTJ 30th, then they should make that clear by calling it 'ROTJ Fan's Choice'. If they don't, then the feild is open. And that is the opinion of someone who wants all the vintage figures re-made before anything from the prequels or expanded universe. I just realize I'm not the only fan. My list would go like this:

Governor Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Emperor's Royal Guard

Hammerhead

Power Droid

Nein Nunb (falcon)

Klaatu (Skiff)

Ree-Yees

Squid Head

8D8

Masterfett
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I am loving GNTs list!

I am too.

Same here, but seriously this late in the game why the heck do we have to waste a vote for Hoth Luke!

IMHO we shouldn't even be wasting votes for core Characters, those figures should be a given!

darth_sidious
09-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Regarding disregarding the data already collected, perhaps people have changed their wants since then. Granted there may only be a few people who have changed, but still.

And again I don't understand the top 10 list thing. We would then vote for one figure out of the top 10? Or present all 10 to Hasbro even though they're only going to make one?

I think everyone should submit their list of figures they want made, the lists get aggregated into one, then everyone gets one vote and whichever figures gets the most votes wins. Simple.

I think each website sends a top ten list of the characters that got the most votes from each sites own internal poll. Hasbro will then use all the lists from the sites to create their own list, which we will all vote on - thats how I understand it...

Daigo_Bah
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
IMHO we shouldn't even be wasting votes for core Characters, those figures should be a given!

That's my philosophy too. I think it's pointless to hit any main character that we all know will be tackled. A fan's choice poll should identify an obscure character that Hasbro would never make on their own. ICMG was just such a character. I'd pick an obscure Jabba guard at this point.

Toonimator
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I am loving GNTs list!

I am too.

Same here, but seriously this late in the game why the heck do we have to waste a vote for Hoth Luke!

I hate GNT's list. No EU? Complete waste of a poll, in that case. People like Darth Satan (not necessarily DS himself) tend to forget that the movie figures tend to rank higher because...

...EU fans like the movies, TOO! The movies are the reason we got into the EU in the first place! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dan's list is better, HOWEVER I think we need to be really picky with it.

For instance, I think we should remove most of the CW Realistic figures. We know they're coming, and we can make fairly reasonable guesses as to which ones Hasbro will make (Ahsoka in one or both outfits and Rex, for starters). Cad Bane & Embo may not be as high up on Hasbro's list, and many of us readily accept the latest Cad Bane figure as "close enough!" for realistic purposes so maybe just Embo and Pre Vizsla and other similar types should stay.

Main-outfit Princess Leia's another one that should go, and Hoth Luke of course. Those SHOULD be tackled by Hasbro WITHOUT our intervention...and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, say, ANH Leia won, and Hasbro just said "Oh, well, we were updating her already" and it's literally just VOTC Leia's head on Frigate Leia's body. The flip side is she could win and Hasbro will be surprised since they had no plans to revisit her...and put that tiny VOTC head on the Frigate body and call it done, despite that NOT being what fans are really asking for. That would mean we wasted a Fan's Choice figure on a custom that any of us could do--and many HAVE done, in absence of a better ANH Leia headsculpt--and only the MOC people would be marginally happy over it.

And anyone that's 'confirmed' or as good as... wasn't Nien Nunb promised already? Then again, so is Hoth Luke I think... so, characters like that should be weeded out of the 90 or whatever.

Revanfan1
09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I agree with Toon. We need EU included in this poll, even if an EU character doesn't win, just to show Hasbro which chararcters are really wanted.

Darth_Satan
09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
No EU? Complete waste of a poll, in that case. People like Darth Satan (not necessarily DS himself) tend to forget that the movie figures tend to rank higher because...

...EU fans like the movies, TOO!

Fair point, but counterbalanced by the fact that only a certain % of movie fans like EU, and they are further fragmented by both the era of the EU which they like as well as the media upon which it is to be found.

No poll is a waste! If it disagrees with one's own opinion all it means is that one is overall outnumbered. It does not mean one is wrong and it is valid regardless.

Joe_B
09-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I never participated in the wish list polls this year, and I'm sure some others haven't as well, simply because I was not interested in that. This, however, I am interested in.

In 2009 I did participate in the wish list polls, and even though I did I was still sort of annoyed that those polls went towards the Fan's Choice list for this site. Why? Because I actually would vote DIFFERENTLY if I knew it was going to be for a Fan's Choice poll. Again, I'm sure other people here feel the same way.

I think the best, and simplest, way of going about this is simply starting a new poll where everyone can just list their top ten, regardless of category, and then those results would be counted. The top ten characters out of everyone's lists would be the ten to send to Hasbro.

Orangepeace
09-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Got my top ten ready.

1. Mon Mothma.
2. Jocasta Nu.
3. Zayne Carrick.
4. Kal Skirata.
5. Emperor's Hand Mara Jade. (Seriously, that CP one isn't what I call a good impression.
6. Walon Vau with Mird.
7. TOR Darth Malgus.
8. AOTC Concept Clone Trooper.
9. ROTS Funeral Padme.
10. Starfighter & Jedi Starfighter Nym.

That's all Folks!

Deathbymonkeys
09-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Here is the list I got.
I went through and picked out the top 10 from each of the 9 categories...then arranged them all by their number ranking:

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Vintage Nikto 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53
Saelt Marae 4.50
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Commander Praji 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Modal Node 4.40
Arleil Schous 4.36

TOP 52 (see below)
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Darth Plageuis 4.30
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Captain Rex 4.24
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Merumeru 4.20
Tarfful 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.15
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri 4.04
Dash Rendar 4.03
Noghri Warrior 4.02

...and the rest
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
Darth Maladi 3.93
Mother Talzin 3.92
Embo 3.91
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64

In 2009, we took the top 100 characters from the Wishlist Poll (after much discussion) and made a new poll. If we follow that pattern, We can just use these 90 characters.

If we eliminate by value (say, no one less than 4.0 is eligible), then the number ends at 52 characters (DC comics fans take note!)

Also, I did not go through and eliminate any confirmed/rumored characters, or deal with ties, or anything like that. That would change the list of course.

See on this list there are exactly 10 figures I want at all. At all. And only 2 my friend wants and he'd vote in the poll. Of the 10 I want only 4 are going to make my top 10 list. See how that isn't an acurate representation? A LOT more people will vote in the poll for this than voted on the wishlist forums. And it's wrong to count those people out by giving them a preset list they have to choose from. That's NOT a fan's choice poll. At all.

matto
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
The top 10 list above contains many figures already in the works or probably will be very soon. Taking that larger list of 80 or so is ok. A winning figure from outside that list is not very likely. I do believe voting for a fans choice figure is different from just voting in the normal polls, because this is a sure fire way to get Hasbro to make a figure they were not as likely to do at least right away. I don't care if we start all over or not, but i think the larger 80 list is good enough to start from.

Darth_Satan
09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
That's NOT a fan's choice poll. At all.

It is, it's just not your fan's choice. The other sites do polls and get wildly varied results which will carry the same weight as Rebelscum's in the final Hasbro evaluation. It is as fair as it can be.

Deathbymonkeys
09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
That's NOT a fan's choice poll. At all.

It is, it's just not your fan's choice. The other sites do polls and get wildly varied results which will carry the same weight as Rebelscum's in the final Hasbro evaluation. It is as fair as it can be.

I didn't see anything about other sites doing polls? I thought the only poll was AT rebelscum. At least that's what I read in the press release thing.

Yodaminch
09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree with Toon. We need EU included in this poll, even if an EU character doesn't win, just to show Hasbro which chararcters are really wanted.

This is the important part. Generally, EU releases have taken their cues from fan feedback about our interest. This has pretty much been confined to the Fan's Choice polls. I agree with dumping Clone Wars and cutting out Realistic CORE Clone Wars characters. Also if any of the core characters are up for nominations in EU Outfits (ie: NJO Leia or Han), I'd be in favor of lopping them out as well. But EU needs fair representation. Zayne Carrick, Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, Darth Plaguis etc. have all hit pretty high in wishlists for a while. At least ONE of these should be in a list sent to Hasbro.

Also in favor of getting rid of characters that Hasbro absolutely has to get around to (Hoth Luke, Tarkin, Nien Numb) but keeping those they are likely to drag their feet on (Jocasta Nu, Mon Mothma, pretty much any older female).

Also looking at this list:

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68 - Wasn't he in the works?
Ahsoka Tano (TCW Season Three) 4.68 - This should go. It's a given she'll be made if they do realistic.
Captain/Admiral Piett 4.65- Keep
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) 4.63- This should go. It's a given they will make Luke in various outfits until the line dies. With a new tauntaun out, it's a very good guess that Hoth Luke is soon to follow.
Vintage Nikto 4.63- Keep
Savage Oppress (TCW) 4.63 - Like Ahoska, this one is a no brainer for Hasbro to do. I don't see the value of him on this list.
Ree Yees 4.59- Keep
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.58- Keep
Princess Leia (Main Outfit) 4.55 - Lose this one for sure.
Toryn Farr 4.55 - Keep

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53 - This one has to be coming. They have the tooling already with the new senate guard. A wasted slot. Remove.
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.53- Keep
Baniss Keeg (Chachi De Maal) 4.50 - Keep
Saelt Marae 4.50- Keep
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.47 - Keep
Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi) 4.48 - Definitely Keep
Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand) 4.48- Maybe should go.
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Vintage Commander) 4.46- Remove.
Sim Aloo 4.46- Keep I suppose.
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45 - Remove.
Death Squad Commander 4.44 - Remove.
Commander Praji 4.42- Keep
Princess Leia (Bespin Gown) * 4.42 - Remove
Cad Bane 4.42 - See Ahoska and Savage No Brainer.
Modal Node 4.40- Keep
Han Solo (Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block) 4.39 - Remove. Carbonite has to be coming just like Hoth Luke
Princess Leia (Ceremony) 4.37- Same as Han
Arleil Schous 4.36- Keep
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) 4.34 - Remove
Takeel / Zutton / Snaggletooth 4.33 - Keep

TOP 52 (see below)
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot) 4.31 - This would be a half done repack. Remove
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30- Keep
Mosep Bineed 4.30- Keep
EG-6 Power Droid (Lars Homestead) 4.30 - Keep
Pre Vizsla 4.30 - Keep
Darth Plageuis 4.30 - Keep
Arena Amidala - 4.26 - Remove. AOTC 3D will be coming soon enough. Has to be made by then
Lando Calrissian (Bespin Administrator) 4.25 - Remove. Lando will surely show up again.
Ahsoka Tano (Seasons One and Two) 4.25 - Remove.
Captain Rex 4.24 - Remove.
Jocasta Nu - 4.21- Sadly have to keep since Hasbro likely needs fan feedback if they are to make her.
Merumeru 4.20 - Keep
Darth Sidious (Office Duel) 4.17 - Remove.
Tarfful 4.16 - Keep
Wookie Warrior 4.15 - Remove. Likely to be redone
Asajj Ventress (Season One) 4.14 - Given her diminished status, I'd say Keep this one
Mandalorian Deathwatch Warrior 4.09 - Keep
Cliegg Lars - 4.05 - Keep
Guri 4.04 - Keep
Emperor Palpatine (Foundation of Empire) 4.03 - Remove
Dash Rendar 4.03 - Keep
Noghri Warrior 4.02 - Keep

...and the rest
Queen Amidala - Theed Battle 3.97 - Remove. Likely to see a return this year anyway.
Mawhonic 3.95 - Remove. He's coming.
Luminara Unduli - 3.95 - Remove. She's a popular enough jedi that she'll get remade soon enough.
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon 3.94 - Keep
Darth Maladi 3.93 - Keep
Mother Talzin 3.92 - Remove
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) 3.92 - Keep
Embo 3.91 - Keep for now.
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) 3.91- Keep
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89 - Remove.
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88 - Keep
Tey How 3.86 - Keep for now.
Captain Panaka / Naboo Security Officer 3.86 - Maybe Keep. I still think he'll be coming next year.
R5-X2 3.86 - Keep
Kitster & Wald 3.84 - Keep
Loyalist Committee Amidala - 3.82 - Remove
Pablo Jill - 3.80 - Keep
Queen Amidala - Post Senate 3.79 - Remove
Aehrrley Rue 3.79 - Keep
Meadow Picnic Amidala - 3.76 - Remove
Coleman Kcaj 3.75 - Keep
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74 - Keep
Senator Amidala (Anakin's Return) 3.74 - Remove
J'oopi She' (Klaatu Jedi) 3.65 - Keep
Senator Amidala (Declaration of the Empire) 3.65 - Keep
Tikkes - 3.64 - Keep
Nute Gunray 3.64 - Remove for same reason as Tarkin and the others.

Revanfan1
09-02-2011, 03:19 PM

This is the important part. Generally, EU releases have taken their cues from fan feedback about our interest. This has pretty much been confined to the Fan's Choice polls. I agree with dumping Clone Wars and cutting out Realistic CORE Clone Wars characters. Also if any of the core characters are up for nominations in EU Outfits (ie: NJO Leia or Han), I'd be in favor of lopping them out as well. But EU needs fair representation. Zayne Carrick , Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, Darth Plaguis etc. have all hit pretty high in wishlists for a while. At least ONE of these should be in a list sent to Hasbro.

Also in favor of getting rid of characters that Hasbro absolutely has to get around to (Hoth Luke, Tarkin, Nien Numb) but keeping those they are likely to drag their feet on (Jocasta Nu, Mon Mothma, pretty much any older female).

See? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, Show your love for Zayne Carrick! (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4306581&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#4306581) We currently have fifteen in our petition, we need more!

Masterfett
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Orangepeace considering TOR will be getting figures next year, you probably don't have to waste a vote on Darth Malgus.
If he doesn't get made then Hasbro definitely has no clue, he's a sith and a main characters so chances are beyond good.

While Curto's list is much better I still would buy 9 figures on GNT's list!

Out of that whole list Curto posted I'd definitely buy 52 of them, and maybes on a couple others.

The problem is I wan 50% of them equally as much, so it's very difficult to vote a top 10 for me personally.
I'd have to say most of my votes would have to go EU as they are less likely to get made then a movie figure.

Hopefully when to comes down to it, they'll do like the last one and eliminate candidates due to them already being planned.

Cane_Adiss
09-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Here is the list I got.

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Vintage Nikto 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53
Saelt Marae 4.50
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Commander Praji 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Modal Node 4.40
Arleil Schous 4.36

TOP 52 (see below)
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Darth Plageuis 4.30
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Captain Rex 4.24
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Merumeru 4.20
Tarfful 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.15
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri 4.04
Dash Rendar 4.03
Noghri Warrior 4.02

...and the rest
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
Darth Maladi 3.93
Mother Talzin 3.92
Embo 3.91
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64

It looks like you left out quite a few characters that have not been confirmed in your top 90 list. Cane Adiss for one ended with a score of 3.7297 and should follow Nahdar Vebb (realistic, also missing, score 3.73) and precede Rebel Briefing R5 unit (also missing, score 3.7230). Why have you omitted some of these finalists from your list? Several others are also missing I noticed. All from the ROTJ list no less, which is probably the most popular category!

Gray Klaatu - 4.39
Vedain - 4.39
Vizam - 4.36
Barada - 4.35
Bib Fortuna - 4.32
Klaatu (vintage skiff guard) - 4.32
Tessek - 4.23
Taym Dren Garen - 4.22
EV- 9D9 - 4.20
Sy Snootles - 4.19
Fozec - 4.18
Shasa Tiel - 4.16
Velken/ Nizuk - 4.08
Geezum - 3.92
Y-Wing Pilot - 3.85
Yoxgit - 3.75
Cane Adiss - 3.72
R5 Rebel unit - 3.71

Toonimator
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88 - Keep

Actually that one's a remove, like Mawhonic: he's on the way next year. With the ridiculous "G8-R3" name, judging by Hasbro's slideshow image.

Orangepeace
09-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Okay, MasterFett. I changed my list.

Got my top ten ready.

1. Mon Mothma.
2. Jocasta Nu.
3. Zayne Carrick.
4. Kal Skirata.
5. Emperor's Hand Mara Jade. (Seriously, that CP one isn't what I call a good impression.)
6. TFU Kazdan Paratus (Hopefully, if we vote hard enough. He'll end up #1.)
7. Walon Vau with Mird.
8. AOTC Concept Clone Trooper.
9. ROTS Funeral Padme.
10. Starfighter & Jedi Starfighter Nym.

bigbarada
09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Here is the list I got.

It looks like you left out quite a few characters that have not been confirmed in your top 90 list. Cane Adiss for one ended with a score of 3.7297 and should follow Nahdar Vebb (realistic, also missing, score 3.73) and precede Rebel Briefing R5 unit (also missing, score 3.7230). Why have you omitted some of these finalists from your list? Several others are also missing I noticed. All from the ROTJ list no less, which is probably the most popular category!

Gray Klaatu - 4.39
Vedain - 4.39
Vizam - 4.36
Barada - 4.35
Bib Fortuna - 4.32
Klaatu (vintage skiff guard) - 4.32
Tessek - 4.23
Taym Dren Garen - 4.22
EV- 9D9 - 4.20
Sy Snootles - 4.19
Fozec - 4.18
Shasa Tiel - 4.16
Velken/ Nizuk - 4.08
Geezum - 3.92
Y-Wing Pilot - 3.85
Yoxgit - 3.75
Cane Adiss - 3.72
R5 Rebel unit - 3.71

9 of my top 10 would come out of that list above. However, I'm sure leaving them out was just an oversight on Curto's part.

My choices:
Barada
Grey Klaatu
Vedain
Velken Tezeri
Vizam
Klaatu Skiff (vintage)
Vintage Nikto
Cane Adiss
Taym Dren-garen
Fozec

*___*
09-02-2011, 09:50 PM

I explained this already. As I said earlier, I took the top 10 characters from each category. The top 10 ROTJ characters were these:

Nien Nunb 4.6757
Vintage Nikto 4.6296
Ree Yees 4.5877
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.5780
Royal Guard 4.5314
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.5297
Saelt Marae 4.4975
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.4755
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.4681
Sim Aloo 4.4642

FDOIRex
09-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Top Ten overall is fair. 10 choices per category times 8 categories totals 80 'fan favorites' per person. No one is actively campaigning for 80 figures. 10-20 is fine.

darth_sidious
09-03-2011, 07:26 AM

I explained this already. As I said earlier, I took the top 10 characters from each category. The top 10 ROTJ characters were these:

Nien Nunb 4.6757
Vintage Nikto 4.6296
Ree Yees 4.5877
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.5780
Royal Guard 4.5314
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.5297
Saelt Marae 4.4975
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.4755
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.4681
Sim Aloo 4.4642

I think what that person meant is since Lumat is already confirmed for 2012, shouldnt he be bumped off the list so that Cane Adiss can be added, etc? It makes sense to me, no point in voting for confirmed figures...

darthbishop71
09-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Ree Yees or Yak Face (one of these) is a confirmed figure for 2012 aswell Plus Weequay Hunter is confirmed for 2012 also..

I think these polls are fixed because Hasbro will make them anyway and these figures are probably in their parking lot!!

palps45895
09-03-2011, 08:08 AM

I agree with Curto. Our own wishlist poll should not be ignored and it's a good basis for this poll.

I also agree that polls are fun. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with all of this and Curto...

Maybe we should take the top 3 or top 5 finishers in EACH category from our Wishlist Poll results... create a list of 40 or so nominees like that...

Then strait vote the 40 nominees, we each get 10 choices... presto the results...

There isn't much time til Sept 28...
This is a much smaller time window then last time...

Sompeetalay
09-03-2011, 08:11 AM
I think these polls are fixed because Hasbro will make them anyway and these figures are probably in their parking lot!!

[/QUOTE]

That's a very good remark. That's why the choice should be between figures that Hasbro isn't planning to make in the upcoming years.

They will remake every PotF II figure (8D8, EV-9D9, Kithaba, Saelt Marae, Ree-Yees, ...) except perhaps for the members of the Max Rebo Band. I would like to see a more realistic Rappertunie, instead of the oversized figure.

*___*
09-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Okay, I just went through and added every character from the 8 polls (not counting TCW "normal")

The complete list is ranked in this order. Any characters that should be removed because they are previously confirmed/rumored/etc. will bump up the next character. We obviously don't know who is in the "parking lot"...but for the purposes of this poll, that shouldn't matter. Every FC poll has been like this, where some of the top characters chosen are already in the works. That's good...it means they are in touch with what we want. (and I'd like to think our annual Wishlist Polls help them with that.)

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Ahsoka Tano - Season Three 4.68
Luke Skywalker - Hoth 4.63
Vintage Nikto (Vink'to) 4.63
Savage Oppress 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Princess Leia - Main Outfit 4.55
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30
Royal Guard 4.53
Baniss Keeg 4.50
Saelt Marae 4.50
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.48
Mara Jade Skywalker - Jedi NJO and beyond 4.48
Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand Alliegance 4.48
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Death Star Trooper (Gray Tunic) 4.44
Emperor Palpatine 4.43
Commander Praji 4.42
Princess Leia - Bespin Gown 4.42
Sgt. Doallyn 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Cantina Band Member 4.40
Klaatu - Guard Skiff (Gray Outfit) 4.40
Vedain (Skiff Driver) 4.39

TOP 52
Han Solo - Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block 4.39
Princess Leia - Ceremony 4.37
Vizam (Sail Barge Nikto) 4.37
Arleil Schous 4.36
Barada 4.35
Princess Leia - Bespin Escape 4.34
Bib Fortuna 4.33
Yotts Oren (Klaatu Skiff Guard) 4.32
Wedge Antilles - Snowspeeder Pilot 4.31
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
EG-6 Power Droid - Lars Homestead 4.30
Darth Plageuis Essential Guide to the Force 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Red 6 - Jek Porkins 4.28
Owen Lars 4.27
Lando Calrissian - Skiff Guard Disguise 4.27
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Tessek 4.26
Lando Calrissian - Bespin 4.25
Ahsoka Tano - Seasons One and Two 4.25

TOP 90
Captain Rex 4.24
Taym Dren Garen 4.23
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Yoda 4.21
EV-9D9 4.20
Merumeru 4.20
Tusken Raider 4.20
Sy Snootles (Vintage) 4.20
Fozec 4.18
Imperial Probe Droid 4.18
Darth Sidious - Office Duel 4.17
Tarfful 4.16
Admiral Motti 4.16
Lt. Sheckil 4.16
Shasa Tiel 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.150
Asajj Ventress - Season One 4.14
Lak Sivrak 4.11
Wuher 4.10
Reegesk 4.09
Velken Terezi / Nizuc Bek 4.09
Princess Leia - Ewok Village 4.07
Labria 4.08
Commander Vanden Willard 4.06
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri Shadows of the Empire 4.04
Emperor Palpatine - Foundation of Empire 4.03
Beru Lars 4.03
Gold 5 - Davish Pops Krail 4.03
Bespin Guard - Vintage 4.03
Dash Rendar Shadows of the Empire 4.03
Echo Base Command Tech (Romas Navander, etc.) 4.02
Noghri Warrior Thrawn Trilogy 4.02
Gold 2 - Tiree 4.01
Luke Skywalker - Dagobah Training 4.01
2-1B 4.01
Solomahal 4.00

...and the rest!
Dans Borin 3.99
Imperial Technician / Communications 3.97
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
General Bob Hudsol 3.95
Momaw Nadon 3.95
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon Thrawn Trilogy 3.94
Red 10 - Theron Nett 3.93
Lobot 3.93
Derek "Hobbie" Klivian 3.93
Geezum 3.93
Darth Maladi Legacy 3.93
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) NJO 3.92
Mother Talzin 3.92
Tzizvvt 3.91
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) LOTF/FOTJ 3.91
Embo 3.91
Darth Wyrrlok Legacy 3.90
Darth Caedus Legacy of the Force 3.90
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Y-Wing / Gray Squadron Pilot 3.8585
Admiral Daala Jedi Academy 3.86
Melas 3.85
Darth Sion Knights of the Old Republic II 3.85
Sith Trooper Knights of the Old Republic 3.85
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Hondo Ohnaka 3.84
Corran Horn (Jedi Master) NJO/LOTF 3.82
Joruus C'Baoth Thrawn Trilogy 3.82
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Echo Base Tauntaun Handler 3.79
Naboo Royal Guard 3.77
Adi Galia 3.76
Naboo Security "Enlisted" 3.75
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Yerka Mig 3.75
Yoxgit 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Senator Amidala - Anakin's Return 3.74
Nadhar Vebb 3.74
Cane Adiss 3.73
R5 Unit - Rebel Briefing (Maroon & Silver Markings) 3.72
Tera Sinube 3.72
Padme Naberrie - Tatooine 3.71
Celeste Morne Knights of the Old Republic 3.69
Eeth Koth 3.68
Mission Vao Knights of the Old Republic 3.66
Senator Amidala - Declaration of the Empire 3.65
Depa Bilaba 3.64
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64
Packing Amidala - 3.63
C-3P0 3.62
Nomi Sunider Tales of the Jedi 3.62
Captain Tarpals 3.61
Winter Rouge Squadron 3.61
GH-7 & EW-3 Midwife Droids 3.60
Boba Fett - 3.59
Kazdan Paratus The Force Unleashed 3.57
T3-M4 Knights of the Old Republic 3.57
Zayne Carrick Knights of the Old Republic 3.56
Onaconda Farr - 3.55
Mon Calamari Water Dancer (Female) 3.55
Duchess Satine Kryze 3.55
Daultay Dofine 3.54
Treva Horme 3.54
Ki-Adi-Mundi 3.53
Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine 3.52
Ark "Bumpy" Roose 3.52
Admiral Yularen 3.52
Emperor Roan Fel Legacy 3.51
Elan Mak (Kam Nale) 3.50
Chukha Trok Ewok Movies 3.50
Senator Amidala - Funeral 3.49
BD-3000 "Betty Bot" 3.49
Kyp Durron Invasion & NJO 3.48
Tahiri Veila NJO 3.48
Commando Droid 3.48
Nute Gunray 3.47
Ma'kis'shaalas (Nikto Jedi) 3.47
Anakin Skywalker - Seasons One and Two 3.47
Captain Rex - Cold Weather Gear 3.47
Wiorkettle 3.46
Dorme - 3.45
Vergere Legacy / NJO 3.44
Sar Labooda - 3.43
Senator Amidala - Peacock Dress 3.40
Anakin Skywalker - Padawan 3.39
Toonbuck Toora - 3.39
Commander Cody 3.39
Rune Haako - 3.38
Rune Haako 3.36
Battle Droid 3.34
Sephjet Josall - 3.34
Rogwa Wodrata - 3.33
Senator Fang Zar 3.31
Whie Malreaux 3.30
Queen Jamilla - 3.28
Anakin Skywalker - Season Three 3.28
Queen Apailana 3.26
Corde - 3.25
A-Wing Pilot w/ X-Wing Helmet 3.25
Carth Onasi Knights of the Old Republic 3.24
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Seasons One and Two 3.23
Clone Pilot Oddball 3.22
Jaxxon Marvel 3.22
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Season Three 3.22
Saesee Tiin 3.15
Hermione Bagwa - 3.02

I'm flexible on removing the realistic TCW characters...as we discussed very early on in the Wishlist Poll, there are 5-6 that are no-brainers that Hasbro undoubtedly has planned already. But you never know...plus, there's some duplicates here.

We need to provide a ranked list of 10 characters to Hasbro, who will assign them point values and combine them with other website's lists (there are about 15-20 sites involved now), then the top 20 from that ranked list will be posted on Star Wars Insider's website for fans worldwide to vote on. The top figure from that vote will be the new Fans' Choice Figure, due out in 2013 (hopefully). This will be revealed at Toy Fair in February.

Every website will run their polls differently...it's up to each site to determine how they want to handle making up the list. So check them all out and vote there if you'd like.

Nactous
09-03-2011, 08:30 AM
KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!

grievous444
09-03-2011, 08:37 AM
KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!

Second. Sith trooper , T3-M4 or Darth Sion would be awesome.

palps45895
09-03-2011, 09:44 AM
So what are we doing voting on our top 100 choices, then? That sounds like a fair selection.

ThrawnsBlueBuddy
09-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Curto - I would prefer to vote from that entire list, for what it's worth... I know that my lone vote may be lost in the general crowd, but to vote only for the top 10 (or even 52) would not be an accurate assessment of what I would like to see (and where I would be willing to spend my money).

Revanfan1
09-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Y'know, technically, Zayne Carrick is KOTOR... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

*___*
09-03-2011, 01:10 PM
So what are we doing voting on our top 100 choices, then? That sounds like a fair selection.

I was thinking top 90...whatever that list ends up being after the eliminations....and if we decide to keep TCW realistic characters. Keep on debating over the long weekend, and voting can start as early as next week.

Trying to get the timing right with something else before we start. Ill explain more about this later.

I also want to make sure I to Since1978 before we kick it off.

*___*
09-03-2011, 01:14 PM

I was thinking top 90...whatever that list ends up being after the eliminations....and if we decide to keep TCW realistic characters. Keep on debating over the long weekend, and voting can start as early as next week.

Trying to get the timing right with something else before we start. Ill explain more about this later.

I also want to make sure I talk to Since1978 before we kick it off.

Masterfett
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
TFU Kazdan Paratus (Hopefully, if we vote hard enough. He'll end up #1.)

This is one I really don't understand why we haven't gotten yet, At least he's actually in the main game!
Plus 90% of the tooling is already done just like with the Evo trooper and Robed Galen Marek, all that's needed is retool of the torso so that the mechanical legs can attach!

Y'know, technically, Zayne Carrick is KOTOR... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You're really campaigning hard for Zayne eh.http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I definitely would buy T3-M4 and Darth Sion, IMO for KotOR game figures to be finished those two have to be made.
I wouldn't mind a few others but those two are top Priority!
Pre top ten so far:
Admiral Daala
Admiral Pellaeon
Anakin Solo
Chukha Trok
Darth Maladi
Jocasta Nu
Mother Talzin
Noghri Warrior
Sarissa Jeng
Vergere

*___*
09-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I thought zayne was planned for a comic pack? At least he's on their radar! My favorite EU pick is waaaaayyyy off...did not even rank high in our list. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Revanfan1
09-03-2011, 01:59 PM
You're really campaigning hard for Zayne eh.http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You bet I am!

I thought zayne was planned for a comic pack? At least he's on their radar! My favorite EU pick is waaaaayyyy off...did not even rank high in our list.

I think Zayne was planned, but that comic pack was dropped. I assume he will eventually be made by Hasbro, but if this Fans' Choice Poll helps him get made sooner, I'm all for it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, who is your favorite EU pick, Curto?

Rune_Haako
09-03-2011, 03:06 PM
My #1 vote goes to ROTS Nute Gunray, no others count.

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/139/d0f8074b97aa4c18897e7ef3f2b3770d/p.jpg

SnTrooper
09-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought zayne was planned for a comic pack?

The last mention I remember was back in 2009, before the line was canceled, that he just hadn't make the cut for 2010 but was likely for 2011.

Nicklab
09-03-2011, 06:28 PM
-

CIS
09-03-2011, 09:47 PM

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/139/d0f8074b97aa4c18897e7ef3f2b3770d/p.jpg

Same here.

Nactous
09-04-2011, 01:51 AM

Sorry Revan, as much as I love Zayne, I feel like he can wait a little bit longer. Truth be told, I have been waiting for KotOR(the game) figures since 2003.

RogueRecruit
09-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Definitely agree that we need to do some sort of re-vote. In my case the choices that I made for the overall wishlist poll would be much different to those that I would make for a Fan's choice poll.

In the wishlist poll the highest marks I gave out were mostly for resculpts of main characters but these wouldn't even register if I was voting for a single specific figure to be made. After all if a figure was important enough to appear on Hasbro's radar once it is very likely that they will make it again. In a Fan's Choice poll my highest votes would instead probably have gone to cantina aliens, podracers and major EU characters. The types of character which Hasbro might not get around to making at all.

If we are going to reduce the entries so that we can have a new poll we should consider removing those characters that are very likely going to redone anyway.

The best way to do this would be to remove any character that has already had two or more versions done in the modern line (e.g Hoth Luke, Main Outfit Leia, Skiff Lando, Carbonite Han, Royal Guard and The Emperor). Each of these characters is almost certainly going to be redone at some point.

We might also want to consider removing any movie characters that would just be a just be an existing figure with a new headsculpt (Piett, Snowspeeder Wedge, Pops, Tiree etc) as again these have a good chance of being redone thanks to Hasbro's love of reusing molds as much as possible.

Trooper31
09-04-2011, 07:34 AM
I think any TCW character should be eliminated because they will already be on Hasbro list. I also agree that main character versions should probably already fall under Hasbro list as well. However, if we can't come to an acceptable agreement, then we should just send the top 10 we have already.

Dhivael
09-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Generally I think that any character that made it to the finals in it's category should be included and that we should do a "Tournament of Champions" to get our short list, as opposed to just the top 3 or 5 in each category. Am I making sense?

Also, I want to start hitting the campaign trail hard for Admiral Daala.

Rune_Haako
09-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Same here.

They should make him in memory of the user NuteGunray of the forums here that died.

He always wanted a ROTS Nute Gunray.

*___*
09-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Keep discussing.
If we do another poll, I'd like to kick it off next week.

I haven't had a chance to analyze the list yet...to determine which...if any...characters should be removed. I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.

Interesting idea about removing main characters...we know bespin leia, skiff lando, hoth luke are in the works already...probably more.

Definitely need to remove confirmed characters.

Darth_Satan
09-04-2011, 09:49 AM
They should make him in memory of the user NuteGunray of the forums here that died.

No way! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I did not know this. Whilst I would not normally place this figure high on my wishlist (Tey How is my most wanted Neimoidian), if there is some sort of campaign in light of this information you can count on my vote.

EDIT: In fact, I think it would be mighty decent of Rebelscum to just submit this figure as our choice out of respect for our former member. Anybody agree?
How about a time-limited Yes/No poll first, then only moving on to a more complicated "nominee" poll in the event of a "No" win?

Rune_Haako
09-04-2011, 11:28 AM
It'd be a nice gesture by Hasbro, and would show they actually care something about the fans.

I'm not saying this because I want the figure made, I'm just thinking of a fellow fan/collector that wanted it, but will never get it now.

Revanfan1
09-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Zayne. That is my final answer. Zayne.

I am honestly sorry for the loss of NuteGunray, and I am not trying to spoil his memory, but a ROTS Nute Gunray is just not very high on my list. I would probably buy him if he was made, but I wouldn't want to waste a slot in Fan's Choice for him. Honestly, he will probably be made in 2014 for the ROTS 3D release. No reason to waste a Fan's Choice on him just to get him a year early.

Darth_Satan
09-04-2011, 04:42 PM

I am honestly sorry for the loss of NuteGunray, and I am not trying to spoil his memory, but a ROTS Nute Gunray is just not very high on my list.

We know that. It's all over the boards.
Nute isn't my choice either but I thought it would be a nice unselfish gesture - although the suggestion of a preliminary poll would ascertain the "community" feeling about somebody most of us never knew in real life.

Revanfan1
09-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Nute isn't my choice either but I thought it would be a nice unselfish gesture - although the suggestion of a preliminary poll would ascertain the "community" feeling about somebody most of us never knew in real life.

I know you know. I just want to make sure Hasbro knows. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And I know it was meant as a nice, unselfish gesture, but honestly, I think Nute will be made anyway. It's inevitable. If Daultay Dofine made it for TPM, Nute will make it for ROTS.

If I want to respect NuteGunray's memory, I will buy a ROTS Nute action figure. That doesn't mean I will vote for one on a Fan's Choice Poll, and I am sorry if that seems selfish. I don't mean to be selfish.

But I don't really want to vote for Nute Gunray. If that's what the rest of you decide to do, fine. I'm happy for you, and even though I won't join you, I'll applaud you. If we get a ROTS Nute Gunray in honor of the forum member that passed away, I will be glad. If it means I don't get Zayne, sure I'll be disappointed, but I won't hold it against you.

I am sure we will get Zayne eventually. Even if Hasbro's SW license ends in 2018, there's nothing to say that they won't renew it. If Zayne was planned for a comic pack, then in all likeliness the mold has already been created, and Hasbro won't waste it. But the most likely way to get Zayne is for him to win the Fan's Choice Polls.

With one EU figure being included in every wave, I am sure Zayne will, eventually, be made. Probably not in 2012, because Hasbro said TOR and TFU2 figures will be coming in 2012, and those will most likely dominate the EU portions of the line (fine by me, BTW, since I can't wait for TOR figures).

Okay, I don't have an end to this rant, so I'm done. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ReverendStrone
09-04-2011, 05:34 PM

I am honestly sorry for the loss of NuteGunray, and I am not trying to spoil his memory, but a ROTS Nute Gunray is just not very high on my list.

I'd be very careful with this one guys. Hasbro is a company that seems happy to step in and make gestures when there is a cause to support, but they do so at their own choosing, which, to be honest, is appropriate. Were Nute a well known advocate of a cause prior to his passing, then I think perhaps you'd have a strong case here (I confess I do now know the unfortunate circumstances of his untimely death), but you'd still want to approach it very delicately and almost certainly privately.

I apologise if what I am saying seems like pouring cold water on your warmhearted idea, but I worry that what you are talking about doing, however well intentioned, could be seen as trying to emotionally blackmail them into a release of a toy you want. It's kind of foisting an emotionally loaded agenda onto them and then makes them look bad when/if they politely decline. I know you guys are trying to do something good here, but, to be frank, I think it has very little hope of being a reality and the potential to go quite sour. Good luck, but be really careful fellas.

Orangepeace
09-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd actually vote for a Nute Gunray to honor NuteGunray. Did I know him? No I didn't. I'm sure we'll see this figure in 2014 as a main line figure. Though a Fans-Choice poll to me has always been about special characters to vote on. Not main line characters we know will see later on.

Nactous
09-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Same here.

I remember Nute and his passing. Sad day.
Sure, I will vote for Nute, least I could do.

bigbarada
09-04-2011, 05:52 PM

I'd be very careful with this one guys. Hasbro is a company that seems happy to step in an make gestures when there is a cause to support, but they do so at their own choosing, which, to be honest, is appropriate. Were Nute a well known advocate of a cause prior to his passing, then I think perhaps you'd have a strong case here (I confess I do now know the unfortunate circumstances of his untimely death), but you'd still want to approach it very delicately and almost certainly privately.

I apologise if what I am saying seems like pouring cold water on your warmhearted idea, but I worry that what you are talking about doing, however well intentioned, could be seen as trying to emotionally blackmail them into a release of a toy you want. It's kind of foisting an emotionally loaded agenda onto them and then makes them look bad when/if they politely decline. I know you guys are trying to do something good here, but, to be frank, I think it has very little hope of being a reality and the potential to go quite sour. Good luck, but be really careful fellas.

I 100% agree and, not to appear totally coldhearted, but can we confirm that this forum member actually has passed away? Did anyone know him/her personally? Without evidence that this person has actually died or, for that matter, ever really existed in the first place, it all just sounds too much like a hoax that is in extremely poor taste.

GNT
09-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.

I wonder why Hasbro wont allow Clone Wars animated figures to be in the poll? Strange.

Either way I think it's not getting enough support because no one knows exactly what Hasbro is going to do with the realistic Clone Wars figures yet, we've heard about a possible wave of main characters but nothing else in a while.

FDOIRex
09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.

I wonder why Hasbro wont allow Clone Wars animated figures to be in the poll? Strange.

Either way I think it's not getting enough support because no one knows exactly what Hasbro is going to do with the realistic Clone Wars figures yet, we've heard about a possible wave of main characters but nothing else in a while.

Probably because it's their 'kids' (read: pegwarming) line, and they don't want, say, Palpatine messing that up be selling.

Masterfett
09-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I think it's high time we had a Saga Legends Poll again, to ascertain what figures should be rolled back into the line.
I'm drowning Obi-Wans, Clones etc, it's about time for change!

If they cannot find a way to get the all white RC and GM into the basic line, then I feel they should be put into SL!

palps45895
09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
You know what, I would actually vote for ROTS Nute... that's funny... I have always loved the costume variants even from the 70's lol... and that's the only darn one we are missing lol...

I vote that ROTS Nute MUST be included in our poll!

Although an ardent Jocasta supporter, I could actually see myself hittin the trigger for ol' Nute first http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DarthRavenger
09-04-2011, 10:03 PM
In honour of ROTJ's 30th, this would be my list:

Cane Adiss

Emperor Palpatine

Nien Nunb

Princess Leia - Ewok Village

Ree Yees

Yakface

Sgt. Doallyn

Sim Aloo

Sy Snootles (Vintage)

Definitely not interested in anything EU or PT for this, and though I really want a new Emperor, Ewok Leia, Nien Nunb and Sim Aloo on Vintage card, the Fan's Choice tends to be more along the lines of Cane Adiss, Sgt. Doallyn, and Sy Snootles.

Can't wait to see how the poll starts taking shape!

I second this.

GarvenDreis
09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I really have no idea how this works since I've never been on this site for one. So we just make a wishlist of 10 figures we'd like to see and we vote on them as a group like the 2007 Dark Trooper?

Thanks in advance.

Trooper31
09-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Keep discussing.
If we do another poll, I'd like to kick it off next week.

I haven't had a chance to analyze the list yet...to determine which...if any...characters should be removed. I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.

Interesting idea about removing main characters...we know bespin leia, skiff lando, hoth luke are in the works already...probably more.

I have mixed feelings about removing the main characters. On one side, these will probably made anyway at some point and the latest when each film hits in 3D. On the other side, I've been waiting years for a good Hoth Luke and Hasbro keeps giving us a Jedi Luke, so it would be nice to nail them on that.

In the end, I think we should leave it up to Curto and 78 to remove characters. We all trust Dan's sense of what Hasbro has coming down the pipeline and 78's always done a great job with these polls and has a good sense of how best to interpret these things.

ReverendStrone
09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
I have mixed feelings about removing the main characters. On one side, these will probably made anyway at some point and the latest when each film hits in 3D. On the other side, I've been waiting years for a good Hoth Luke and Hasbro keeps giving us a Jedi Luke, so it would be nice to nail them on that.

Hasbro teased at SDCC that a new Hoth Luke was just around the corner, so hopefully we can cross that one off the list very shortly.

Trooper31
09-05-2011, 01:37 AM

Hasbro teased at SDCC that a new Hoth Luke was just around the corner, so hopefully we can cross that one off the list very shortly.

This is my hope, Rev. With the BP and Luke's Taun Taun coming, Hoth Luke can't be far behind.

Darth_Satan
09-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I'd be very careful with this one guys. Hasbro is a company that seems happy to step in and make gestures when there is a cause to support, but they do so at their own choosing, which, to be honest, is appropriate.

You're reading too much into it. My idea was for RS to submit it as the number 1 site choice and nothing more. It would still get lost in the mix from when the other 10+ sites submitted their choices, whereupon it would be represented by a fair points allocation and fan vote at the final official stage.

And I am not trying to push any kind of selfish agenda for I have already stated it wouldn't be my personal choice. I'd always go for a previously-unmade OT alien above everything else.

ouibacca
09-05-2011, 05:12 AM
no clue who that guy who passed is.

Darth Plageuis? There's a character overdue to be retcon'd into a figure.

Rune_Haako
09-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Here's a thread about NuteGunray's passing. It's really sad, he was only 18, so young.

User NuteGunray's Passing (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=2192650&Forum=,f9,&Words=NuteGunray&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2192650&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2192650)

*___*
09-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I really have no idea how this works since I've never been on this site for one. So we just make a wishlist of 10 figures we'd like to see and we vote on them as a group like the 2007 Dark Trooper?

Thanks in advance.

Not really...we already have our list, in a way. Our annual wishlist poll results are posted above.

What normally happens is that people feel they might have voted differently had they know the winner was going to be made...so we will have another round of voting soon.

There's something else happening to the site that I want to time with the new poll...hopefully next week.

Sort of...the list of candidates has already been determined in our wishlist poll...now it is time to pick the favorites from those results.

In a sense, we are already done. See the list I posted earlier...but there is always some that feel they would have voted differently had they known the figure was actually going to get made.

There's something else happening very soon on the site...and I will be attempting to kick off the fans choice poll to coincide with that. Hopefully next week we can get things rolling!

theforcemonkey
09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
quote=Nactous]KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]
Jolee! Jolee! Jolee!

JediClones
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Is here the best place to post your Fan's Choice wishlist, as I don't see many people posting top 10s of characters?

But, here's my top 10 anyway.
1. Jocasta Nu (if possible include TCW lightsaber to add playability and make figure more interesting)
2. Mosep Binneed
3. Arleil Schous
4. Jaxxon
5. Padme (Senatorial clothing, The Clone Wars)
6. Lok Durd
7. Shaa'agi
8. Acmena
9. Han's Cantina girlfriend (Deleted Scenes)
10. Dulok

*___*
09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Right...that's because we're not looking for people's top 10 lists. Other sites are doing their polls that way, but we're not doing that here.

Our top 10 list is currently as follows:

Nien Nunb 4.68
Ahsoka Tano - Season Three 4.68
Luke Skywalker - Hoth 4.63
Savage Oppress 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Toryn Farr 4.55

I could submit this and kick back and relax...but that's not how we do things! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looking at this list, we already know Lumat is confirmed (and likely to NOT be packed with another Ewok anymore, although it's not known if this will be on Vintage), Luke Hoth is pretty certain, Ree-Yees was hinted at last year, and both Ahsoka & Savage would be dropped because they are from The Clone Wars and most likely already on Hasbro's short list of realistic characters to make.

Nien Nunb has been LONG rumored, although Hasbro might think that the B-Wing Pilot version they released in 2009 qualifies. Clearly it doesn't, and since he was our #1 overall winner, I think it's important to keep him in the rankings.

So that means we need 5 new characters added. The next characters from our Wishlist Poll results are:
Royal Guard 4.53
Baniss Keeg 4.50
Saelt Marae 4.50
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.48

Royal Guard, Saelt Marae (Yak Face), and Widdle & Oochee are all confirmed, which bumps up 3 more names to the list:

So our Top 10 list is currently:

1) Nien Nunb
2) Captain/Admiral Piett
3) Vintage Nikto (Vink'to)
4) Princess Leia - Main Outfit
5) Toryn Farr
6) Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11
7) Baniss Keeg
8) Mara Jade Skywalker - Jedi NJO and beyond
9) Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand Alliegance
10) Weequay (Sail Barge - Marksman)

...although Teebo would most likely NOT come with a second Ewok.

I'll go through the rest of the list shortly...

ReverendStrone
09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
That looks good Dan and for the most part pretty fair. So should we drop Teebo's gun-toting blister buddy off the list as we know that ewok two-packs are a thing of the past as far as the Vintage line goes?

If so, my only hesitation with the list you have there is that it means ewoks kinda got the shaft in the shuffle. Prior to culling, the top 15 list included six ewoks, grouped in three pairs. With Lumat being confirmed, the two-pack notion going out the window and your assertion that Widdle and Oochee are also confirmed (I thought they were in a prospective and continually pushed back multi-pack that they were having trouble finding a home for), we've lost Lumat's smoking mate and the blaster-bear in the ether. They were voted for, admittedly on the backs of their more well known friends and the perception of two-pack value, but it still seems a bit dismissive to wipe these guys off the table entirely, considering how well they polled. Ewoks seem popular, so is there a way to reflect that in the top ten? Do they justify occupying one more spot, with either pipe-guy or blaster-bear taking in a slot below Teebo somewhere maybe?

*___*
09-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I dig the Ewok 2-packs, and I'd love to see them brought back. There's no indication that this would be on Vintage (which seems to only feature 1 Ewok at a time).

Right. Widdle & Oochee are already revealed to be coming at some point (the repaints we got in 2007 need to be replaced!)...we just don't know where. That multipack has been in the planning stages for a few years now...I hope they get to it by 2013, if not sooner!

Okay, yeah...let's leave the Ewoks as 2-packs. I don't think we're likely to see them that way on Vintage cardbacks, but they did not actually specify the sinner for this poll would be on Vintage cardbacks.

But let's keep this in mind for next year's Wishlist Poll.

ReverendStrone
09-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Understood. I guess I am asking whether, seeing as we are accepting that ewoks are likely to be single packed from now on, whether the ewoks that we had paired with Teebo and Lumat in the voting stage shouldn't still have some representation in the top ten rather than simply being deleted? Including both would be indulgent of course, but maybe one of them should still be there in his own slot in recognition of how well they polled - my point being that they were voted for and aren't coming out, so shouldn't they be included? Thoughts?

*___*
09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Okay, I just went through the full list again. Here's the new breakdown...I removed The Clone Wars-Realistic characters as well as any that were confirmed at SDCC or in the latest Q&A sessions.

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Toryn Farr 4.55
Baniss Keeg 4.50

TOP 30
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Death Star Trooper (Gray Tunic) 4.44
Emperor Palpatine 4.43
Commander Praji 4.42
Sgt. Doallyn 4.42
Cantina Band Member 4.40
Klaatu - Guard Skiff (Gray Outfit) 4.40
Vedain (Skiff Driver) 4.39
Han Solo - Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block 4.39
Princess Leia - Ceremony 4.37
Vizam (Sail Barge Nikto) 4.37
Arleil Schous 4.36
Barada 4.35
Bib Fortuna 4.33
Yotts Oren (Klaatu Skiff Guard) 4.32
Wedge Antilles - Snowspeeder Pilot 4.31
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
EG-6 Power Droid - Lars Homestead 4.30
Darth Plageuis Essential Guide to the Force 4.30

---there's a 4-way tie for #30, so really there's 33 choices.

TOP 60
Red 6 - Jek Porkins 4.28
Owen Lars 4.27
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Tessek 4.26
Lando Calrissian - Bespin 4.25
Taym Dren Garen 4.23
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Yoda 4.21
EV-9D9 4.20
Merumeru 4.20
Tusken Raider 4.20
Sy Snootles (Vintage) 4.20
Fozec 4.18
Imperial Probe Droid 4.18
Darth Sidious - Office Duel 4.17
Tarfful 4.16
Admiral Motti 4.16
Lt. Sheckil 4.16
Shasa Tiel 4.16
Lak Sivrak 4.11
Wuher 4.10
Reegesk 4.09
Velken Terezi / Nizuc Bek 4.09
Princess Leia - Ewok Village 4.07
Labria 4.08
Commander Vanden Willard 4.06
Cliegg Lars - 4.05

TOP 90
Gold 5 - Davish Pops Krail 4.03
Bespin Guard - Vintage 4.03
Dash Rendar Shadows of the Empire 4.03
Echo Base Command Tech (Romas Navander, etc.) 4.02
Noghri Warrior Thrawn Trilogy 4.02
Gold 2 - Tiree 4.01
Luke Skywalker - Dagobah Training 4.01
2-1B 4.01
Solomahal 4.00
Dans Borin 3.99
Imperial Technician / Communications 3.97
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
General Bob Hudsol 3.95
Momaw Nadon 3.95
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon Thrawn Trilogy 3.94
Red 10 - Theron Nett 3.93
Lobot 3.93
Derek "Hobbie" Klivian 3.93
Geezum 3.93
Darth Maladi Legacy 3.93
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) NJO 3.92
Tzizvvt 3.91
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) LOTF/FOTJ 3.91
Darth Wyrrlok Legacy 3.90
Darth Caedus Legacy of the Force 3.90
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86

...and the rest! (158)
Y-Wing / Gray Squadron Pilot 3.8585
Admiral Daala Jedi Academy 3.86
Melas 3.85
Darth Sion Knights of the Old Republic II 3.85
Sith Trooper Knights of the Old Republic 3.85
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Corran Horn (Jedi Master) NJO/LOTF 3.82
Joruus C'Baoth Thrawn Trilogy 3.82
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Echo Base Tauntaun Handler 3.79
Adi Galia 3.76
Naboo Security "Enlisted" 3.75
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Yerka Mig 3.75
Yoxgit 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Senator Amidala - Anakin's Return 3.74
Cane Adiss 3.73
R5 Unit - Rebel Briefing (Maroon & Silver Markings) 3.72
Padme Naberrie - Tatooine 3.71
Celeste Morne Knights of the Old Republic 3.69
Eeth Koth 3.68
Mission Vao Knights of the Old Republic 3.66
Senator Amidala - Declaration of the Empire 3.65
Depa Bilaba 3.64
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64
Packing Amidala - 3.63
C-3P0 3.62
Nomi Sunider Tales of the Jedi 3.62
Captain Tarpals 3.61
Winter Rouge Squadron 3.61
GH-7 & EW-3 Midwife Droids 3.60
Boba Fett - 3.59
Kazdan Paratus The Force Unleashed 3.57
T3-M4 Knights of the Old Republic 3.57
Zayne Carrick Knights of the Old Republic 3.56
Onaconda Farr - 3.55
Mon Calamari Water Dancer (Female) 3.55
Treva Horme 3.54
Ki-Adi-Mundi 3.53
Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine 3.52
Ark "Bumpy" Roose 3.52
Emperor Roan Fel Legacy 3.51
Elan Mak (Kam Nale) 3.50
Senator Amidala - Funeral 3.49
BD-3000 "Betty Bot" 3.49
Kyp Durron Invasion & NJO 3.48
Tahiri Veila NJO 3.48
Nute Gunray 3.47
Ma'kis'shaalas (Nikto Jedi) 3.47
Wiorkettle 3.46
Dorme - 3.45
Vergere Legacy / NJO 3.44
Sar Labooda - 3.43
Senator Amidala - Peacock Dress 3.40
Anakin Skywalker - Padawan 3.39
Toonbuck Toora - 3.39
Rune Haako - 3.38
Rune Haako 3.36
Battle Droid 3.34
Sephjet Josall - 3.34
Rogwa Wodrata - 3.33
Senator Fang Zar 3.31
Whie Malreaux 3.30
Queen Jamilla - 3.28
Queen Apailana 3.26
Corde - 3.25
A-Wing Pilot w/ X-Wing Helmet 3.25
Carth Onasi Knights of the Old Republic 3.24
Clone Pilot Oddball 3.22
Jaxxon Marvel 3.22
Saesee Tiin 3.15
Hermione Bagwa - 3.02

I'm thinking we go with the top 30, 60 or 90 and see what kind of results we get. It's always interesting to see how different they turn out afterwards.

Remember, whatever our top 10 turns out to be, once that list gets combined with the other sites and ranked, then the general public votes...well, who knows what we'll end up with?

But that's part of the fun! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Revanfan1
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Rats. Zayne isn't in the Top 90. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThrawnsBlueBuddy
09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I still would like to vote for a list that includes "...and the rest." There are 10 figures I would buy in the list through the Top 90, but it would not be accurate to call them my Top 10 list.
And there is really only one in the Top 10 that I would buy at all. Guess I'm truly in the minority, huh?

P.S. Zayne is in the "...and the rest" section, so that looks like another vote to include that round...

bigbarada
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Rats. Zayne isn't in the Top 90. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just be patient, I started campaigning for Kithaba way back in 2001, but didn't start to see him even show up on the radar of these types of wishlist polls until 3-4 years later.

Heck, I had no idea who Zayne Carrick was until you started mentioning him in every... single... post, so I'm ready to vote for him just so I don't have to keep seeing his name everywhere. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seriously, though, you could take it down a notch. You don't want to cross the line into annoying and create a backlash.

Persistence (without badgering) and patience is the key.

Orangepeace
09-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Well, I'm glad to see Mara in the top 10. I love that character, sadly she was given poor articulation and likeness to the comic version. Though if she wins, we can at least hope this one looks better.

Revanfan1
09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Just be patient, I started campaigning for Kithaba way back in 2001, but didn't start to see him even show up on the radar of these types of wishlist polls until 3-4 years later.

Heck, I had no idea who Zayne Carrick was until you started mentioning him in every... single... post, so I'm ready to vote for him just so I don't have to keep seeing his name everywhere. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seriously, though, you could take it down a notch. You don't want to cross the line into annoying and create a backlash.

Persistence (without badgering) and patience is the key.

I understand, and am happy that you are finally getting your Kithaba. Really. And I would be happy for those Nemoidian lovers to get their ROTS Nute Gunray.

Also, I know you are exaggerating, but I have not mentioned Zayne in every single post, not even close. Many are comments on figures themselves (just look at TVC Fordo, I probably have more posts in that one thread than total about Zayne http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ), and I also am campaigning for Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker, and I alternate on how heavily I campaign. Sometimes, like now, I focus on Zayne, and at other times, Anakin and Ben. But I know what you meant. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I fully intend to be persistent. I won't derail topics that are totally un-related to Zayne, and I don't intend to post about him in every single thread. However...I will not completely give up on Zayne. Ever. Hasbro will hear about him in every Fan's Choice Poll, and our yearly EU polls.

But relax, I'll try to lay off Zayne, if you like. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

darth_sidious
09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I still would like to vote for a list that includes "...and the rest." There are 10 figures I would buy in the list through the Top 90, but it would not be accurate to call them my Top 10 list.
And there is really only one in the Top 10 that I would buy at all. Guess I'm truly in the minority, huh?

P.S. Zayne is in the "...and the rest" section, so that looks like another vote to include that round...

I'm not sure if you're in the minority - I'd vote for several from "...and the rest", but it doesnt look like we're being given that option here - shame. The wider the voting field, the more diverse the candidates for our top ten will be. Likewise, the less restrictive the vote, the greater the participation will be on this site - I think that reason alone warrants an open vote of all the nominees.

Orangepeace
09-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Always another poll. I want to see him too, so maybe he'll come with others from KOTOR in a Multipack.

Zephyr
09-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I want to vote for the top 90. There's a plethora of characters I'd pick from in that list http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NicodemusLegend
09-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Dhivael said:
Also, I want to start hitting the campaign trail hard for Admiral Daala.

[/QUOTE]
Glad to see I'm not the only one!

I make my case for Admiral Daala here (http://transformingseminarian.blogspot.com/2011/09/vote-for-admiral-daala.html).

EnigmaticOne
09-05-2011, 10:24 PM
I know people are tired of clone and whatnot, even I am but I would like to see Omega Squad in non black kartan armor. Also Walon Vau and Kal Skirata would be nice.

By the way I'm glad and surprised they're doing Yakface. I didn't know.

KKruhk_Master
09-05-2011, 10:56 PM
I would go for removing one of the 2 Mara Jades and replacing her with another EU character if we decide to go with a smaller list for the poll. Zayne Carrick? Darth Sion? anything KOTOR for the love of God

GarvenDreis
09-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I agree, remove the Mara in 9th place and bump the WeeQuay to 9th. Then make the Hoth Rebel 10th.

I just think having two of the same character is the top 10 is kinda unfair.

EnigmaticOne
09-05-2011, 11:45 PM
I agree, remove the Mara in 9th place and bump the WeeQuay to 9th. Then make the Hoth Rebel 10th.

Wait, I thought there is a Hoth rebel in the wave with Bastila Shan?

GrandAdmiralJSK
09-06-2011, 12:17 AM
I think Fans Choice is a whole different beast than the Wishilist. To me at least, Fans Choice is a time to try and get something we probably won't likely get otherwise. Wishlist results are a lot of figures that are going to get made eventually.

Of that top 10, based on the wishlist results, we can pretty much guess that almost all of that will get made at some point. Maybe not another Mara, but there is little doubt to fans of the EU that she still hasn't been done justice.

I get why we may skip a new poll, for a lack of ease and time it takes, but it should be noted that they very well may be different results.

So with that said we should have a very large selection to vote from and it should probably be reduced in phases to reduce voter disfranchisement . Say in half, then to 20 then maybe a final vote for the last 10.

Trooper31
09-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Understood. I guess I am asking whether, seeing as we are accepting that ewoks are likely to be single packed from now on, whether the ewoks that we had paired with Teebo and Lumat in the voting stage shouldn't still have some representation in the top ten rather than simply being deleted? Including both would be indulgent of course, but maybe one of them should still be there in his own slot in recognition of how well they polled - my point being that they were voted for and aren't coming out, so shouldn't they be included? Thoughts?

One point that hasn't been made, and is actually at this point slightly irrelevant, is how would those main Ewoks have done singly? I know a lot of people are Ewok crazy at the moment, but when Chief Chirpa was a single-carded Ewok and when Hasbro announced Ewoks would come single-carded, there was a faor amount of complaining.

To be fair, I think we need Ewoks like Teebo and Lumat, but I wonder if some of their support came from the assumption that there would be two Ewoks packed together again.

In the end, I'd leave them as 2-packs because knowing that a number of the second Ewoks would just be simple repaints, Hasbro might do that, especially if they won the fans' choice poll.

However, if we keep getting signals from Hasbro that Ewoks will not go back to 2 Packs, then in the 2012 poll they should be left as singles.

Darth_Satan
09-06-2011, 02:21 AM

"Zayne Carrick Knights of the Old Republic 3.56"

You can't read http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ewok 2-packs are a stupid idea in the current economic climate, because Hasbro will ignore the vote in the unlikely event it would win and only give us one of them or 2 single-carded ones at best (there is a precedent for 2 fan's choice figures being made). They have been single carded since Chirpa years ago. I have said this at the time of the original RS poll and on page 1 of this very thread, but find it amusing that it gets ignored until somebody else says it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif We need to be realistic here in my opinion.

Trooper31
09-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Sorry, I was too lazy to re-read the whole thread and hadn't realized the point had been made.

Hasbro did release 2 packs in 2007, 2008, and 2009 and I think some of that came from the uproar about Chief Chirpa. Vintage cards gave them an easy excuse to go back to single packs. However, I believe Wicket was originally planned to be a two-pack unless that was just a rumor. I think the main Ewoks (read ones made during the Vintage run) will sell fine as singles. However, after the 2007 2-pack, the general assumption was that Ewoks would come as 2packs and that held through 2009. It just changed recently.

You are right, that Hasbro might just ignore the second Ewok and leaving them together doesn't do any harm and at worst, puts them on Hasbro's radar, assuming they weren't there already.

ReverendStrone
09-06-2011, 03:51 AM
You guys all make good points. My only issue is, if we do adjust our ewok candidates in the poll to just one a card, then we shouldn't simply flush their former blister buddies. They made it this far through the process, so even though they don't have names, they at least deserve a shot.

However, if we're ditching the existing top ten idea and going with a top 30, 90 or open vote, then that addresses that point, so long as they are at least on the table as candidates too.

Trooper31
09-06-2011, 05:00 AM
I think for right now, they should stay. At some point Hasbro will change cards and we might see Ewok 2 packs again. I agree with you that the results were based on two Ewoks together, so if we send it in that way, hasbro can choose to ignore the second Ewok or give us a two-pack, which for a fans' choice, could actually happen.

I think we should rethink how to list Ewoks in the polls starting in 2012. If we get the feeling Hasbro wants to stay with singles, then we should change that accordingly. However, leaving them as two packs can't hurt anything either and at worst Hasbro will just ignore the second Ewok.

Of course, if those very Ewoks are planned for the multipack, then maybe leaving them there has pushed Hasbro to include them elsewhere.

GarvenDreis
09-06-2011, 06:42 AM

Wait, I thought there is a Hoth rebel in the wave with Bastila Shan?

It's a completely different costume and head sculpt. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

*___*
09-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I'll leave the Ewoks as 2-packs for the purposes of this poll. For next year's Wishlist Poll, we should re-think this and split them apart.

On a similar note, Hasbro has often said that Kitster & Wald should be released as a 2-pack. So that would be interesting to see how they pull that off when/if they ever pull them from the parking lot.

If you guys want me to add all 158 characters into a final poll, I have no objections. Like I said, it would be interesting to see how the results differ.

Zayne Carrick was already mentioned as planned for a Comic Pack, before that line ended...so maybe that's why he didn't fare as well.

I'm against combining Mara Jade into one, because she has different outfits just like any of the main characters.

I'm hoping to launch this later this week.

Revanfan1
09-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Actually I can...Zayne is in "...And the rest," not "Top 90." http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CaptainJack
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
As much as I'd like a chance to vote for Bob Hudsol, I think 90 (or more) is a little excessive, and will really water down the final results.
Are you thinking of doing scoring for each figure again, a top ten, or a "pick one" type of poll, where everyone only gets one vote?

*___*
09-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Due to the timing, I prefer to keep this one simple.

I'm going to post the list (30? 60? 90? all 158?) up and let people vote for as many as they want. You can only vote once, but you can select all your favorites.

Whoever the top 10 at the end of the period (12:01 am 9/27) is the list I send in on 9/28. Simple.

Leave the scoring and tallying to Hasbro and Star Wars Insider! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darth_Satan
09-06-2011, 12:19 PM

Actually I can...Zayne is in "...And the rest," not "Top 90." http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LOL

I can't read http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Zephyr
09-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Sounds great. I'm all for placing the Top 90 or all 158 in the poll. It'll give everyone a chance to fight for some characters that didn't do as well as they'd hoped, and it'll be interesting to see how the results change.

Darth_Satan
09-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, if you're going to do it like that then make the whole list eligible and let god sort 'em out.

(That way my learned friend can have his vote for his boring human KOTOR Jedi with the overlong Wookiepedia page! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Revanfan1
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
LOL

I can't read http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's all good. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(That way my learned friend can have his vote for his boring human KOTOR Jedi with the overlong Wookiepedia page! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Thank you, thank you. And I forgive you for calling him boring. Though I agree with you about the Wookieepedia page, lol. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EnigmaticOne
09-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I say the whole 158 list, it might draw the people who didn't vote in the wishlist polls.

darth_sidious
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
I say the whole 158 list, it might draw the people who didn't vote in the wishlist polls.

I concur - the whole list of 158 will likely lead to the most participation.

SnTrooper
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I think that the realistic Clone Wars should be left in. At least the ones that were voted into the finals.

*___*
09-06-2011, 01:59 PM
My thoughts exactly. We still have the original info, which Hasbro has already gotten. This is something different, just for fun.

Please just look over the list again to make sure I didn't forget anything...and I'll work on getting this going ASAP.

Reminder, we are only compiling the top 10....then the list will go to Hasbro to be ranked and added in with other sites, then added to a final poll through Star Wars Insider. Then the overall winner will be the 2013 Fans' Choice Figure.

The reason for doing it this way is to appeal to as many fans as possible...but having the initial list being compiled via the fan sites means the collecting community has a say in the selection process.

ReverendStrone
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Fantastic. I look forward to us kicking off the voting. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Masterfett
09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah definitely get rid of one of the Mara's to be fair, I also agree with whoever said a wishlist poll is quite different than a fans choice poll.

However you will never get some people to vote that way, as they still prefer to vote on main character updates simply because they want them.

Also I feel that if Ewoks are definitely not going to get the 2-pk treatment during TVC or ever, then take them out of the basic line altogether and keep them in BP's!
At least after a few we'd be dome with them.

Trooper31
09-07-2011, 12:46 AM
The way the poll is going to be set up sounds fair to me. Although there might be some characters further down the list, I think the top 30 would be best.

tanksmasher
09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
The thing is I don't want to vote for characters I think are coming soon, like Hoth Luke, Weequay and Nien Nunb.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:
1. Vintage Nikto
2. Vedain
3. Barada
4. Green Nikto (2nd Skiff)
5. Vintage Snaggletooth

*___*
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
The thing is I don't want to vote for characters I think are coming soon, like Hoth Luke, Weequay and Nien Nunb.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:
1. Vintage Nikto
2. Vedain
3. Barada
4. Green Nikto (2nd Skiff)
5. Vintage Snaggletooth

Hoth Luke and Hunter Weequay (aka Vintage version) have both been removed, because they are either confirmed or practically confirmed.

Nien Nunb is also a VERY logical choice and long overdue for an update, but he has not yet been confirmed. Plus, he was our #1 Wishlist Poll character, so I'd like to see him remain.

The Clone Wars realistic characters are removed.

Look for the voting by Friday. I'm waiting for something else to happen first, but I have no control over when that is going to happen.

RebelTrooper
09-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Look for the voting by Friday. I'm waiting for something else to happen first, but I have no control over when that is going to happen.

The new look forum perhaps?

John

*___*
09-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I've been waiting for the Q&A sessions to come out....just in case there was any additional confirmations that we could eliminate. Looks like we're good to go now. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But yes...I've been waiting for the new forums to launch. It's VERY close to going up, but there's no specific ETA yet. But with time running out, the voting just needs to start.

So, I'm going to launch the poll later today or tomorrow and get it rolling...I heard from Since1978 and he's okay with the plan we've worked out in this thread.

It's POSSIBLE that the forums upgrade will take place in the middle of the voting...if that happens, then there will be a period of time when the forums will be down as the upgrade takes place. I cannot control this, nor can I schedule around it.

I'm told that all of the data will transfer, so we won't lose out on any of the votes once it starts...but obviously no voting will be able to take place during the upgrade.

Once it completes, I'll see where the dust settles and figure out what (if any) steps need to be taken from there.

I hope this makes sense!

Since1978
09-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Couple of points:

1) Why is Hasbro having us do this when there's a major reveal event coming up right after the nomination phase concludes? Why not hold this through the winter time frame when little is going on. Kick it off right after NYCC... That way we know more about 2012, and can more effectively rule out what's coming.

2) Why are we over thinking this? A lot of work goes into the wishlist poll, and for folks to say, I'd have voted differently is completely BS, you're going to vote through the process how you'd buy all the subjects, so how are the current results that Dan is showing not representative of the will of the RS community? I don't get it...

This is the second time we're deciding to re-work the poll, just because folks get their panties in a wad that their favorite isn't at the top of the list. 200 nominators and 400 voters say differently - get over it.

And if we re-vote, why should we water down the vote with a bunch of subjects that were clearly marginal to begin with? We should be looking at the top 25-50 AT MOST (with the necessary exclusions) if even that. Something that's down at the bottom of the list shouldn't be considered.

400+ voters agree

Man there is a lot of second guessing that goes on here.

'78

darth_sidious
09-08-2011, 02:19 PM
If you guys want me to add all 158 characters into a final poll, I have no objections. Like I said, it would be interesting to see how the results differ.

^Curto already said he has no objection to allowing us to vote on all the nominees. The wishlist polling simply isnt the be all end all when it comes to the fans choice vote. To echo Curto, I'd like to see how the results differ as well, allowing everyone to vote for their top ten out of all the nominees. I'd venture a guess that the results will not be the same at all, and those updated results will be much more valuable to Hasbro...

*___*
09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
This shouldn't surprise you, man! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif
That's the thing...we already voted! We're done!

I'm fine with only adding the top 50 for a new poll. I think that was what I suggested in the first place? Don't remember.

Tonight or tomorrow morning... not able to do it this afternoon.

Since1978
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Doesn't surprise me a bit, but I still felt obligated to respond. I'll be generous, and suggest that we stick with the edited top 50, and then see what happens from there. I would say cut it off at a 4.00 score, but that looks like it includes roughly 70 choices.

I think one of the problems with the 2009 poll is that too many of the sites tried to force fit OT/PT and EU into their results (a casualty of simple nomination style voting) - and that's why we ended up with some poor finalists that will likely not see the light of day.

I think it should be telling to everyone that this poll comes sooner after the 2009 poll than the previous gap from 2006, i.e. they have less intention to follow through on the 2009 results than the 2006 results that have been so thoroughly covered in the interim.

'78

Revanfan1
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm fine with only adding the top 50 for a new poll. I think that was what I suggested in the first place? Don't remember.

Guess who's not in the top 50? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Since1978
09-08-2011, 03:21 PM
We get it, you really want Zayne.... 400 folks voted him barely over a 3.5, so that seems to say otherwise...

Since1978
09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
What I want to know is why isn't anyone else questioning the timing on this. I know it's Hasbro and all, but seriously, is there any magic to the time frame? Why aren't they letting us wait until after NYCC... Seems that would allow for a much clearer picture of what to include in the poll and what not?!

Curto, you should use your considerable influence and what not http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

'78

Toonimator
09-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Guess who's not in the top 50? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, that's REALLY annoying. Zayne may have been planned, once, and that MAY have affected voting, but unlike Ralrra and the Noghri Warrior, we don't know that a Zayne sculpt even exists, while Ralrra & Noghri we've seen a crappy tiny picture of and they DO have sculpts, just no tooling. A Fans' Choice poll would be a great way to say "Hey, Hasbro, don't forget about Zayne, the main character of that OTHER popular SW comic title that was around at the same time as LEGACY."

Revanfan1
09-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Yeah, that's REALLY annoying. Zayne may have been planned, once, and that MAY have affected voting, but unlike Ralrra and the Noghri Warrior, we don't know that a Zayne sculpt even exists, while Ralrra & Noghri we've seen a crappy tiny picture of and they DO have sculpts, just no tooling. A Fans' Choice poll would be a great way to say "Hey, Hasbro, don't forget about Zayne, the main character of that OTHER popular SW comic title that was around at the same time as LEGACY."

At least someone else wants Zayne.

And Since78, yeah, I want Zayne. And I think I have every right to be disappointed that he didn't make it.

*___*
09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Um, Zayne Carrick? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm going with the top 60...which keeps everyone that got a 4.05 or higher. Pretty close to what I was thinking in the beginning of this thread.

Look for this late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Since1978
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
There are just a lot of posts here to that end, so you've made your point abundantly clear. I personally don't need a Zayne as I don't collect EU. That said, from a purely clinical standpoint, the score he received indicates that fans in general are very meh about Zaybe. I know he's an important character, and I know he was on the radar at one time (which is a good thing for you, as you've already pointed out), but I would argue that you're tilting windmills at this point, as even within the world of EU, there are so many choices that are so much higher on the fan's collective radar (Plageuis, Mara Jade, etc.) that you may just be out of luck as far as this poll is concerned.

Sucks from your standpoint, and you do have every right to be disappointed, but perhaps it's time to be a touch realistic and move on?

I'm just sayin'

SnTrooper
09-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Um, Zayne Carrick? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm going with the top 60...which keeps everyone that got a 4.05 or higher. Pretty close to what I was thinking in the beginning of this thread.

Look for this late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

If your going to go with the top 60 you might as well just say screw the PT/EU and make it the top 50 OT because there are only 10 PT/EU characters in the 60.

Revanfan1
09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I do think I'm being realistic. I don't think it would be unreasonable for me to think that Hasbro will do Zayne eventually. I understand that most of the votes in EU go to Mara Jade and Plagueis, and I'd be fine with one or both of those.

But as you said yourself, Zayne was at one point on the radar. And who knows, he might still be. Click the link on my sig, and you'll see people who really do want a Zayne. In general, he may not be a well-appreciated character, but I think he has a decent-sized fanbase that would make Hasbro some decent $$$.

And besides, not only Zayne fans will buy him. There are Jedi fans who will buy any Jedi. There are customizers. There are KOTOR lovers that may not particularly like Zayne but will buy him because he's out of the KOTOR era.

And there are kids who will buy anyone with a lightsaber. I know most kids will buy characters they recognize, but who's to say little Timmy won't walk into Walmart and find that they don't have Luke Skywalker or Han Solo, and the only Anakins and Obi-Wans are the ones he has. What's he going to buy? Oh, look, there's a cool Jedi with a yellow lightsaber!

See my point?

Now, I'm not going to shed tears or quit the forum if Zayne is not voted #1 in this Fan's Choice poll. I think he has a high chance of being made whether or not he wins the poll. I will just keep on pushing for him. I am sure Hasbro will make him eventually. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darth_Brett
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
If your going to go with the top 60 you might as well just say screw the PT/EU and make it the top 50 OT because there are only 10 PT/EU characters in the 60.

Well to be brutally honest, if that's what our own poll results show and that is how the votes racked up, then so be it.

darth_sidious
09-08-2011, 04:08 PM

At least someone else wants Zayne.

And Since78, yeah, I want Zayne. And I think I have every right to be disappointed that he didn't make it.

I understand your disappointment. I was under the impression that we'd be voting on all 158, which would include that character. I'm not going to bother discussing this anymore though, its not worth the headache. If you and others want to see Zayne Carrick or another specific character - there are plenty more sites to vote on. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Revanfan1
09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah - sites I'm not a member of. Oh, well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

*___*
09-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Since there's a tie at #50, I'm going with 52 characters. Nien Nunb through Sasha Tiel

A little nod to what's going on with DC Comics, so that's fun.

Voting will begin tomorrow (I have class tonight).

Toonimator
09-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Well to be brutally honest, if that's what our own poll results show and that is how the votes racked up, then so be it.

Again, tho, EU is problematic in that EU fans are STAR WARS fans, so they generally vote decent-to-high marks for movie figures, too, not just for EU... while people that are only fans of the movies, they vote down EU because George Lucas didn't personally stamp everything "Okay" and only see the ridiculous elements of the EU, painting even the good stuff with the same "everyone's a Jedi/Sith/Imperial/Rebel agent and/or Bounty Hunter" brush--yet when quibbling about the ridiculous parts of the movies, like "What a drag" and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and "She has lost the will to live" and 'Han stepping on Jabba's tail' and all that, it's just "Eh, they're George's movies, he can do what he wants, it's still Star Wars."

ReverendStrone
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Toonimator
Again, tho, EU is problematic in that EU fans are STAR WARS fans, so they generally vote decent-to-high marks for movie figures, too, not just for EU... while people that are only fans of the movies, they vote down EU because George Lucas didn't personally stamp everything "Okay" and only see the ridiculous elements of the EU, painting even the good stuff with the same "everyone's a Jedi/Sith/Imperial/Rebel agent and/or Bounty Hunter" brush--yet when quibbling about the ridiculous parts of the movies, like "What a drag" and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and "She has lost the will to live" and 'Han stepping on Jabba's tail' and all that, it's just "Eh, they're George's movies, he can do what he wants, it's still Star Wars." [/quote]

You're right Toon, but well, in the end we're polling people's buying preferences here and it comes down to majority rules, as sucky as that might be for specialist groups who run against the grain. Regardless of the reasoning behind individual votes, if the numbers come down in favour of one media over another, then it's still clearly telling us more people want or would buy those figures. Those numbers seem to indicate that while there are certainly folks buying EU figures, there are more buying OT (for example). That data is still valid and while it may not support personal preferences (a large number of my favourites are way down the ratings), the way I see it, it's just the facts.

Nactous
09-08-2011, 09:05 PM
As much as I love Zayne, he lacks the support to really win the poll. I think we are due for at least one more KotOR character, and I bet some way the Sith Trooper will find his way on there. He would win if he does.

As for the idea that EU lacks support because our community doesn't seem to show that interms of numbers. I just shrug it off, it was that way for Revan and Bastila, no one thought they had a chance. Truth of the fact is, gamers vote, and they vote relentlessly. I don't know who will win, but I know it wont be OT. History speaks louder than any one community poll. The OT is 0-3 right now.

Having said that though, I feel like, it being 2013, a new sebastian shaw is necessary

ReverendStrone
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
That is a good point, but it very much depends on who is voting. If it's just the collecting sites, then we may not see that strong gamer vote that clearly had an effect on some past polls. I'd also suggest that Hasbro is right when they say that while there is certainly strong EU support for a handful of popular, well known characters, it falls off pretty quickly as the community's interest fracture into different sub groups with particular favourites. What remains to be seen is whether there are any obvious candidates remaining that can muster enough support across enough voters.

I wouldn't dispute that an EU character could very well take the prize as they have in the past, but what was being discussed was how little the EU is represented over all in the top 60 of the RS Wishlist poll. While many candidates were nominated, they didn't muster enough agreement amid EU toy buyers to make it through the heavy block of movie figure buyers in this forum, no doubt in heavy measure, I suspect, for the reasons Toon mentioned.

Nactous
09-08-2011, 09:33 PM
That is a good point, but it very much depends on who is voting. If it's just the collecting sites, then we may not see that strong gamer vote that clearly had an effect on some past polls. I'd also suggest that Hasbro is right when they say that while there is certainly strong EU support for a handful of popular, well known characters, it falls off pretty quickly as the community's interest fracture into different sub groups with particular favourites. What remains to be seen is whether there are any obvious candidates remaining that can muster enough support across enough voters.

I wouldn't dispute that an EU character could very well take the prize as they have in the past, but what was being discussed was how little the EU is represented over all in the top 60 of the RS Wishlist poll. While many candidates were nominated, they didn't muster enough agreement amid EU toy buyers to make it through the heavy block of movie figure buyers in this forum, no doubt in heavy measure, I suspect, for the reasons Toon mentioned.

I would also like to note that, once again RS does not represent every man, woman, and child that take interest in this hobby or this universe. It was a lock back during the first poll that a movie/OT character would win, almost in a land slide due to the fact that the RS poll had featured almost no winning support for EU figures. RS had it one way, the results another. The rest is history. As a whole, RS has always had a film(OT) focused community, new sites really don't. The "Old Guard" will always look at things differently than the next/current generation.

ReverendStrone
09-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I don't know about your interpretation of the old guard vs the new, but I agree that the structure of a poll has a huge bearing on what the result is, and also agree that RS only represents a certain sector of the market, hence why I said above that the gaming voters don't really feature as strongly in these internal RS polls or even among collecting websites as strongly as they do when the polls are cast wider. And of course no one is counting kids' and parents' votes, which Hasbro maintains are the loudest when it comes to saying what moves off the pegs. But we're just debating the RS poll aren't we, which doesn't pretend to represent anything but this little community of collectors?

Masterfett
09-08-2011, 11:03 PM
What I want to know is why isn't anyone else questioning the timing on this. I know it's Hasbro and all, but seriously, is there any magic to the time frame? Why aren't they letting us wait until after NYCC... Seems that would allow for a much clearer picture of what to include in the poll and what not?!

'78

I assume the reason it's being done now and in a short time frame before we know what's coming.
I believe is for the simple fact, they want to know exactly how close next years lineup is to Fans/Collectors wants.
Plus then they can say how many more have been marked of the wihslist w/o actually doing the hard work.
If we knew what was coming we could vote more accurately!

And the biggest reason is they were unhappy with Jocasta Nu Winning last time!

You're right Toon, but well, in the end we're polling people's buying preferences here and it comes down to majority rules, as sucky as that might be for specialist groups who run against the grain. Regardless of the reasoning behind individual votes, if the numbers come down in favour of one media over another, then it's still clearly telling us more people want or would buy those figures. Those numbers seem to indicate that while there are certainly folks buying EU figures, there are more buying OT (for example). That data is still valid and while it may not support personal preferences (a large number of my favourites are way down the ratings), the way I see it, it's just the facts.

Agreed, I buy OT/PT/EU equally and while I vote all my wants as definite buys equally. I think if I started voting 1's to all OT just because they'd be taking a spot from EU, I'd be doing a disservice to me and fellow fans regardless.
Personally I still vote OT characters a 6 if they are useful to my collection/customizing needs because I'll buy it.
However, should I really vote that subject a 6 when I'm not 100% interested in that character?

ReverendStrone
09-08-2011, 11:22 PM
However, should I really vote that subject a 6 when I'm not 100% interested in that character?

Of course not. In the RS polls, a 6 vote is for a figure you absolutely must own and would do as much as you could to secure it in your collection. Like you said - a definite want. If it's one you're ambivalent about or could live without in your collection, then it isn't exactly a definite want and therefore you should vote accordingly. People shouldn't be voting according to some notion of loyalty towards a particular media, but in a way that reflects their buying intentions. Apologies if I have misunderstood your post MF, but that point is pretty clear in the voting guidelines.

SnTrooper
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I just think that the Wishlist and Fans' Choice polls are to very diffrent beasts. And using one too heavily to do the other does a discervise to the fans. I don't understand why we don't just do what we did last time just with smaller numbers. Top 25 OT, Top 15 PT, and Top 10 EU. Or even take the top 25 from the nomination phase with the top 25 (minus the top nominies) from the results. Surly there would be something for almost everyone with one of those lists. I for one am not looking forward to the excesive amounts of whinning that will happen with an almost all OT list.

Masterfett
09-08-2011, 11:57 PM

Of course not. In the RS polls, a 6 vote is for a figure you absolutely must own and would do as much as you could to secure it in your collection. Like you said - a definite want. If it's one you're ambivalent about or could live without in your collection, then it isn't exactly a definite want and therefore you should vote accordingly. People shouldn't be voting according to some notion of loyalty towards a particular media, but in a way that reflects their buying intentions. Apologies if I have misunderstood your post MF, but that point is pretty clear in the voting guidelines.

Yeah I kind of jammed everything together.
I also get what you're saying, but the point I'm trying to make is personally I believe some people just vote an automatic 1 just to hate, and in fear that EU might take a spot away from OT. Regardless whether or not they may actually like the figure and end up buying it if made.

Now if I voted that way towards OT character just because I don't want them to waste spot with ANH Leia, it would bring her score down while promoting my agenda.
Personally I wouldn't vote all 1's to any figure as I'll probably buy it anyways.

I guess what I'm ultimately getting at is that because of my votes OT is getting free points because I like both medias equally.

ReverendStrone
09-09-2011, 12:26 AM
But those aren't free points, I really don't understand the 'spots' issue and a 1 vote isn't a hate vote. If you're buying an OT figure and you vote for it, it's no different than buying an EU figure you've voted for. It's not about voting up and voting down. How is one vote a free vote and the other somehow more honest or valid? We're supposed to vote according to what we'd buy. Absolutely gonna buy it, vote that sucker a 5 or 6. Gonna pass, throw out a 1. Not sure or thinking it's a maybe, pitch your vote in the middle with a 3 or 4. It's pretty simple.

I read folks throwing those spiteful voting accusations around (usually when their favoured candidates aren't faring well), but whether it actually happens to the level that it makes a huge difference to the totals is entirely debatable. If we are all simply voting according to our buying preferences then there are no hate votes. A 1 vote simply means you wouldn't but said figure. That's not hate, it's ambivalence. There's no negative note, just varying levels of interest and disinterest.

The whole wasting of spots is an illusion. Hasbro balances their line with different types of figures, so it's a bit inaccurate to compare one to another and imagine they are in direct competition with each other for a single spot in the line. There will always be heroes, secondaries and backgrounders from all manner of sources. That's not likely to change because of a forum poll. You give us all too much credit as far as influencing Hasbro's market research.

I really think you're over-thinking this thing mate, and ascribing tactical agendas where they needn't and shouldn't be. If we all simply voted as we planned to buy, which is what the wishlist poll clearly asks us to do, then all this stuff melts away. It only gets screwed up when people start trying to be clever and artificially inflate or diminish a candidate's score.

I'm sorry to harp on man. You no doubt know all this stuff. I think I'll just let this go, but it is frustrating to read other forum members seeming to misunderstand or twist what should be a very simply ranking process when this has been talked to death so many times before.

EnigmaticOne
09-09-2011, 12:40 AM

Yeah I kind of jammed everything together.
I also get what you're saying, but the point I'm trying to make is personally I believe some people just vote an automatic 1 just to hate, and in fear that EU might take a spot away from OT. Regardless whether or not they may actually like the figure and end up buying it if made.

Now if I voted that way towards OT character just because I don't want them to waste spot with ANH Leia, it would bring her score down while promoting my agenda.
Personally I wouldn't vote all 1's to any figure as I'll probably buy it anyways.

I guess what I'm ultimately getting at is that because of my votes OT is getting free points because I like both medias equally.

People DO vote 1 on EU, I've seen posts from some members bringing it to everyone's attention that they would never want to see EU in stores. But besides that, I never like to vote 1 on any figure but I do for figures I know I won't or better yet can't get because I can't afford them all. Although I would rather have more EU figures I still want some OT characters likeYakface. What I try to look for in the polls is voting for figures I would buy and Others I know wouldn't get a release anytime soon as compared to repaints and retools for figures I know are planned or could be created easily.

That's just my two cents.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I don't know about your interpretation of the old guard vs the new, but I agree that the structure of a poll has a huge bearing on what the result is, and also agree that RS only represents a certain sector of the market, hence why I said above that the gaming voters don't really feature as strongly in these internal RS polls or even among collecting websites as strongly as they do when the polls are cast wider. And of course no one is counting kids' and parents' votes, which Hasbro maintains are the loudest when it comes to saying what moves off the pegs. But we're just debating the RS poll aren't we, which doesn't pretend to represent anything but this little community of collectors?

My point being that their is a new generation of fan that have had different introductions to Star Wars through different stories, mediums, etc. Background Cantina or Jabba's Palace characters are not important to them but something like their favorite video game characters might be. RS is one of the oldest communities and it's priorities show that. Heck you even have one forum memeber going on about that fact that he has been a fan/ collector since'78. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deathbymonkeys
09-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Show me those EU figs pegwarming like all those OT figs. Oh yeah, they don't. Because people buy them. And Why yhe heck vote for Original Trilogy in a fan's choice. They will all get made anyway. Hasbro will get to them just by the pure fact they don't have that many left to do. Wheras hundreds of EU figs have no hope at this point. Sorry. That's why people vote different in a wishlist than a fan's choice. I know your going to do it your own way but it dosn't make it any less untrue. It's fine. It's your site and run the poll the way you want. That's why I joined other sites to vote. At least there they actually seem to care about what people would want. Not what a some OT hardcore collectors voted for months ago.

jediblood
09-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Since there's a tie at #50, I'm going with 52 characters. Nien Nunb through Sasha Tiel

A little nod to what's going on with DC Comics, so that's fun.

Voting will begin tomorrow (I have class tonight).

I thought a new Nien Nunb was basically confirmed.

Trooper31
09-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Couple of points:

1) Why is Hasbro having us do this when there's a major reveal event coming up right after the nomination phase concludes? Why not hold this through the winter time frame when little is going on. Kick it off right after NYCC... That way we know more about 2012, and can more effectively rule out what's coming.

2) Why are we over thinking this? A lot of work goes into the wishlist poll, and for folks to say, I'd have voted differently is completely BS, you're going to vote through the process how you'd buy all the subjects, so how are the current results that Dan is showing not representative of the will of the RS community? I don't get it...

This is the second time we're deciding to re-work the poll, just because folks get their panties in a wad that their favorite isn't at the top of the list. 200 nominators and 400 voters say differently - get over it.

And if we re-vote, why should we water down the vote with a bunch of subjects that were clearly marginal to begin with? We should be looking at the top 25-50 AT MOST (with the necessary exclusions) if even that. Something that's down at the bottom of the list shouldn't be considered.

400+ voters agree

Man there is a lot of second guessing that goes on here.

'78

78 makes some great points here. I think Hasbro is looking for another general list to help guide them in their choies over the next few years. The fans' choice poll now is to generate some interest in the line right beofre the TPM stuff hits. When these forums are buzzing about a poll people check other stuff out as well.

One thing I think we should take seriously though is the wishlist poll for next year. A lot of time goes into those polls and I'm tired of seeing all that work shot down after it's done. I'm not putting the blame on anybody here, but I think that in 2012 it needs to be made clear to everybody that vites, that IF Hasbro asks for a fan's choice poll in late 2012 again, the results from the spring/summer poll should be used. I agree with 78 when people say they would vote differently. That's ridiculous. Vote for what you want in the first place and be done with it.

*___*
09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
The poll is now open.

Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice Poll: Vote Now (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4685386&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=)

As I stated previously, I added the top 52 characters from the 2011 Wishlist Poll results (with some eliminations) and you can vote for 1, 2, 10, 52...whatever you want.

Voting ends 9/27 at 12:01am.

Have fun! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nactous
09-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Darth Plagueis gets my vote. Mostly EU anyway.

Snootlespoodoo
09-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Just voted for Sy Snootles Vintage!!!! This may be the only chance to get her!!!!!! Remember certain figures are a sure shot, lets use this chance to get the obscure! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nactous
09-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Pretty much anything seen in a film is a sure spot. Hasbro will squeeze the movies dry.

*___*
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Because I was curious...and I had some free time during lunch.

IF we kept The Clone Wars realistic characters in, there would have been six of them in this new poll:

Ahsoka Tano (Season Three)
Savage Oppress
Cad Bane
Pre Vizsla
Ahsoka Tano (Seasons One and Two)
Captain Rex

Which means that these 6 would have been dropped:
Imperial Probe Droid
Darth Sidious (Office Duel)
Tarfful
Admiral Motti
Lt. Sheckil
Shasa Tiel

In a way, I'm glad they were dropped. I believe all 6 of these TCW characters are already on Hasbro's radar.

But if you really want this guys, then feel free to jump in on another site's voting. Same goes with whatever your personal favorite OT/PT/EU character might be. (Except for the Tonnika Sisters...it's a waste of a vote. Even if they win overall, Lucasfilm won't allow them to be made.)

Hey, my own personal EU choice was nowhere near the top of the RS list...but he might still make it to the finals! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(For those that don't know, it's Jaxxon!)

Rebelscum.com may be a big fish on the collecting community pond, but the pond is still a small part of the overall ocean.

Zephyr
09-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Does anyone have a list of the SW collecting sites participating in the Wishlist Poll? If I have the free time, I want to register to each of them and vote there, too.

CaptainJack
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Does anyone have a list of the SW collecting sites participating in the Wishlist Poll? If I have the free time, I want to register to each of them and vote there, too.

I think it's all the sites that participate in the Q&A, but there was at least I know of (Droids and Ewoks) that no longer particpates in the Q&A, but was participating in the poll.

*___*
09-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Jedi Temple Archives is keeping track of various polls:
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8462

Nactous
09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Really Yakface? Really?!?!

Jayson
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM

So?

Deathbymonkeys
09-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Because I was curious...and I had some free time during lunch.

IF we kept The Clone Wars realistic characters in, there would have been six of them in this new poll:

Ahsoka Tano (Season Three)
Savage Oppress
Cad Bane
Pre Vizsla
Ahsoka Tano (Seasons One and Two)
Captain Rex

Which means that these 6 would have been dropped:
Imperial Probe Droid
Darth Sidious (Office Duel)
Tarfful
Admiral Motti
Lt. Sheckil
Shasa Tiel

In a way, I'm glad they were dropped. I believe all 6 of these TCW characters are already on Hasbro's radar.

But if you really want this guys, then feel free to jump in on another site's voting. Same goes with whatever your personal favorite OT/PT/EU character might be. (Except for the Tonnika Sisters...it's a waste of a vote. Even if they win overall, Lucasfilm won't allow them to be made.)

Hey, my own personal EU choice was nowhere near the top of the RS list...but he might still make it to the finals! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(For those that don't know, it's Jaxxon!)

Rebelscum.com may be a big fish on the collecting community pond, but the pond is still a small part of the overall ocean.

See. And I would buy all 6 of those characters. Which is double the amount I'd buy on the final list. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

*___*
09-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Right, but that's YOU. One person.

The thinking here is...you're MOST LIKELY going to get them anyway, so putting them in a Fans' Choice Poll is a "wasted" slot. So have no fear.

Every site can choose whatever way they want to generate their list in whatever way they want. So, I still have hope that Jaxxon will show up! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

*___*
09-09-2011, 06:01 PM

So?

I was curious what this meant, so I jumped over to Yaks forums...the voting over there is ONLY for characters from ROTJ. I love the idea!

I know it's not for everyone, but I think it's very cool to try and do something different. Imagine if we all did that: each site picked a specific movie or category? The minds boggles! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigbarada
09-09-2011, 06:07 PM

So?

I was curious what this meant, so I jumped over to Yaks forums...the voting over there is ONLY for characters from ROTJ. I love the idea!

I know it's not for everyone, but I think it's very cool to try and do something different. Imagine if we all did that: each site picked a specific movie or category? The minds boggles! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it's awesome! Since this figure is going to be released during the 30th anniversary of ROTJ, I was hoping that more sites would run a ROTJ-only poll.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 06:22 PM

So?

It would be a lot more effictive if Hasbro wasn't going to honor ROTJ anyway. I don't even know why they bother if its just ROTJ. Might as well just send YakFace as their pick.

Rune_Haako
09-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Yakface.com's idea sucks, I'm sorry but it does.

These Fan Choices may be the only way we see certain figures released, ever.

The higher those figures get the better, they don't even have to be #1., if Hasbro's going to see all the results that is.

BXR_1138
09-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Yakface.com's idea sucks, I'm sorry but it does.

These Fan Choices may be the only way we see certain figures released, ever.

The higher those figures get the better, they don't even have to be #1., if Hasbro's going to see all the results that is.

Well Hasbro did say that they'd release the winning figure in time for ROTJ's 30th anniversary, so it makes a heck of a lot more sense than releasing a prequel or EU character. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Toonimator
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
But with Fans' Choice figures being so infrequent, it seems really insulting to every other aspect of SW to just limit it to "ROTJ only" just because the figure happens to be released during a big ROTJ anniversary year--especially when it's likely we'll see a bunch of ROTJ-centric releases anyhow. If anything, I'd EXCLUDE ROTJ from the running http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nactous
09-09-2011, 07:50 PM
But with Fans' Choice figures being so infrequent, it seems really insulting to every other aspect of SW to just limit it to "ROTJ only" just because the figure happens to be released during a big ROTJ anniversary year--especially when it's likely we'll see a bunch of ROTJ-centric releases anyhow. If anything, I'd EXCLUDE ROTJ from the running http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Amen

BXR_1138
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM

Eh, I'm sure ROTJ has its share of characters not likely to be made unless they won.
Plus, Hasbro deliberately threw in that bit about ROTJ's anniversary in their announcement for a reason.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Eh, I'm sure ROTJ has its share of characters not likely to be made unless they won.
Plus, Hasbro deliberately threw in that bit about ROTJ's anniversary in their announcement for a reason.

Yeah, because thats what 2013 is going to be. If anything it was a reassurance that there will be ROTJ regardless. Bottom line, its a STAR WARS POLL, not a ROTJ POLL. Wow, the poll isn't what it used to be.

BXR_1138
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM

Yeah, because thats what 2013 is going to be. If anything it was a reassurance that there will be ROTJ regardless. Bottom line, its a STAR WARS POLL, not a ROTJ POLL. Wow, the poll isn't what it used to be.

Well don't get too miffed. It's just one site (as far as I know) doing it, man.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Well don't get too miffed. It's just one site (as far as I know) doing it, man.

I'm sorry man, it just grinds my gears.

bigbarada
09-09-2011, 08:07 PM

Yeah, remember the first 5 Fan's Choice Polls, where Hasbro just gave us a list of 5 or 6 characters and told us to choose from those? It sure isn't what it used to be is it? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Besides, why complain about YakFace's poll on Rebelscum? Why not go register over there and complain to them directly? You people are going on like someone's Constitutional liberties are at stake. This is a poll for an action figure, so let's try to maintain some perspective here.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 08:25 PM

This is a poll for an action figure, so let's try to maintain some perspective here.

Says the man who has registerd on almost all of the sites which are involved in the pollhttp://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Besides, I was really refering to the modern way the poll has been done.

Toonimator
09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Me, too, a bit... as an EU fan, these polls are pretty much the major way we can get Hasbro to maybe throw some love to the EU. The movies get dozens of figures every year! EU, not so much. A couple years with Comic Packs which--surprise, surprise--focused on comic books only... the occasional push to a current game (TFU, upcoming TOR, some really half *** Battlefront figures)... and not a whole lot else.

I think the only "book" figures (aside from trooper repaints--lookin at you, Clone Commandos) we've had are Jacen & Jaina Solo, in an extremely limited exclusive wave that mostly went to scalpers by all appearances. I suppose Nom Anor's a bit more 'book based' rather than 'Crimson Empire'-based, really, so I guess he'll count. Still, that's a whopping 3 figures, while the books have been around since '91 (longer, counting Splinter of the Mind's Eye and the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian adventures) with lots of excellent figure potential left untapped. Joruus C'baoth! Ben Skywalker! Mara Jade Skywalker! Anakin Solo! Saba Sebatyne! Jag Fel! Corran Horn! Ganner Rhysode! Darth Caedus! Lowbacca! (okay, I need to read more; could only come up with two non-humans off the top of my head!)

The book characters basically have no outlet besides the Fans' Choice and pestering Hasbro in the Q&As and at conventions relentlessly http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GrandAdmiralJSK
09-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Me, too, a bit... as an EU fan, these polls are pretty much the major way we can get Hasbro to maybe throw some love to the EU. The movies get dozens of figures every year! EU, not so much. A couple years with Comic Packs which--surprise, surprise--focused on comic books only... the occasional push to a current game (TFU, upcoming TOR, some really half *** Battlefront figures)... and not a whole lot else.

I think the only "book" figures (aside from trooper repaints--lookin at you, Clone Commandos) we've had are Jacen & Jaina Solo, in an extremely limited exclusive wave that mostly went to scalpers by all appearances. I suppose Nom Anor's a bit more 'book based' rather than 'Crimson Empire'-based, really, so I guess he'll count. Still, that's a whopping 3 figures, while the books have been around since '91 (longer, counting Splinter of the Mind's Eye and the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian adventures) with lots of excellent figure potential left untapped. Joruus C'baoth! Ben Skywalker! Mara Jade Skywalker! Anakin Solo! Saba Sebatyne! Jag Fel! Corran Horn! Ganner Rhysode! Darth Caedus! Lowbacca! (okay, I need to read more; could only come up with two non-humans off the top of my head!)

The book characters basically have no outlet besides the Fans' Choice and pestering Hasbro in the Q&As and at conventions relentlessly http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Couldn't agree me more. Fans Choice seems like one of the few outlets for EU figures over the years and the poll being done this way really gives it the shaft this year.

3 EU choices, WOW! One of which has never been featured any where until a book in December...

Disappointing.

So many characters from the books should be under consideration like Cadeus (didn't he win our poll within the last few years?), Ben, and Anakin Solo seem like "must haves" at least considering that we have Jacen and Jaina.

bigbarada
09-09-2011, 08:36 PM

This is a poll for an action figure, so let's try to maintain some perspective here.

Says the man who has registerd on almost all of the sites which are involved in the pollhttp://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I've been registered on both RS and SSG for years. I only recently registered on droidsandewoks.com and yakface.com in order to vote in this poll; but that is nowhere near "almost all" of the sites participating.

I think Curto already explained his reasoning for running the poll this way and I don't have a problem with it at all. What's the point of running a yearly wishlist poll if you are just going to throw all that data out when Hasbro announces a fan choice poll?

Nactous
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM

I've been registered on both RS and SSG for years. I only recently registered on droidsandewoks.com and yakface.com in order to vote in this poll; but that is nowhere near "almost all" of the sites participating.

I think Curto already explained his reasoning for running the poll this way and I don't have a problem with it at all. What's the point of running a yearly wishlist poll if you are just going to throw all that data out when Hasbro announces a fan choice poll?

Because thats how it's approached, as a Wishlist, a "what-if" scenario. This on the other hand is a little bit more serious in the sense that the winner has the potential to be made into plastic. Also, a lot of people dont have the time to sit down and fill out a "wishlist," but will make the time to push for candidates for an actual poll.

And don't make it seem like you wouldn't be equally upset if the shoe wasn't on the other foot in this situation. Heck, I am an EU fan but I don't have a website dedicated to certain characters.

bigbarada
09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
And don't make it seem like you wouldn't be equally upset if the shoe wasn't on the other foot in this situation. Heck, I am an EU fan but I don't have a website dedicated to certain characters.

First of all, only one site is doing the ROTJ-only thing and it's not this one. Secondly, even if RS set up an "EU only" stipulation for this poll, then I would simply default to the long list of figures that I want from the Ewok TV movies and the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. If it was a "KOTOR only" poll, then I would simply skip participating and not waste my time complaining about something that really doesn't matter in the long run.

Cane_Adiss
09-09-2011, 09:53 PM

So have I and several others. It's being encouraged by Curto so you are more than welcome to do the same. Plus, BigB made a good point about past polls.

Who cares what Yakface does. Most of the 52 in our poll are ROTS subjects anyway.

*___*
09-09-2011, 10:02 PM
A few things...

- I'd NEVER throw out our Wishlist Poll results. Indeed, what's the point of having it if we don't honor the results in some way? We didn't HAVE to run another poll, but why not do it for fun...see if the results change at all?

- For those who think our annual Wishlist Poll results don't matter as much (or other sites, for that matter), you are mistaken. Hasbro looks at these results each and every year. For the most part, we're thinking alike.

- OT/PT/EU debate. No one will EVER agree on this. Each has supporters, each has detractors. The best thing Hasbro can do is try to find a balance among them. Sometimes is works, sometimes not. I think the Comic Packs were a great idea that gave us some great figures. I miss it.

- Like I said before, each site can do their voting however they want. I like Yakface's focus. Our own ROTJ wishlist poll was very popular, and a lot of characters from that movie are long-overdue.

- Also keep in mind that however each poll compiles their list, only 20 will make it to the final vote...and only 1 is guaranteed to be made.

Masterfett
09-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm not saying our annual wishlist data is useless, as I'm sure it is a great guide for Hasbro to use to gear them in the right direction.
What I am saying is there is a difference between our Wishlist and an actual Fans Choice poll, as previously said the fans choice is a chance to get something they would normally attack.
Whereas the wishlist is basically everything we'd like to see made, in essence a wish list.

Aside from that I do think limiting your choices to ROTJ just because of the timing for that movies celebration, is IMO limiting especially since I'm sure the line will be ROTJ plentiful as it is.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 10:35 PM

First of all, only one site is doing the ROTJ-only thing and it's not this one. Secondly, even if RS set up an "EU only" stipulation for this poll, then I would simply default to the long list of figures that I want from the Ewok TV movies and the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. If it was a "KOTOR only" poll, then I would simply skip participating and not waste my time complaining about something that really doesn't matter in the long run.

Good for you pal, but it's not about the category, its about getting a voice, something a lot of us didn't really get to do. Hell, given recent events I would porbably through my vote behind ROTS Nute anyway out of respect.

Curto, I am not saying throw out the Wishlist. I know how important it is to the community and those who help put it togeher. I'm saying don't try to force the wishlist into being a Fans' Choice Poll, something it is not. Treat them as being different because they are. These are results for something completely different.

GrandAdmiralJSK
09-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I agree with the last two sentiments.

The two things are completely different and it seems the Wishlist is now being shoehorned in to fit a Fans Choice poll because we recently finished up the voting.

Fans Choice: A chance at something that probably otherwise wouldn't get made

Wishlist: Figures that are mostly coming at some point, a list that just prioritizes them in order of desire

I think a lot of people would vote differently if they knew their vote would actually count towards getting made.

And now we have list of only 52 characters, limiting vast strokes of choices.

Nactous
09-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Most of the 52 in our poll are ROTS subjects anyway.

When is 3 "most?"

Miesteron
09-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Me, too, a bit... as an EU fan, these polls are pretty much the major way we can get Hasbro to maybe throw some love to the EU. The movies get dozens of figures every year! EU, not so much. A couple years with Comic Packs which--surprise, surprise--focused on comic books only... the occasional push to a current game (TFU, upcoming TOR, some really half *** Battlefront figures)... and not a whole lot else. &lt;snip&gt;

Pretty much said everything I was thinking. Even the most obscure cantina/Jabba's palace denizens stand a fair chance at being realized in plastic at some point. Aside from a couple of figures Hasbro seems intent on not making otherwise (Jocasta, for example), I think most movie figures are a waste of the rare opportunity that the Fan's Choice poll provides. As a fan of all things Star Wars, I just think EU picks should get to shine here, and I support that with my votes: Plagueis and both Mara Jades. I'd kill for Zayne or a KotOR Sith Trooper, but I'll take what I can get.

Rune_Haako
09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Is there a list somewhere of all the sites that are doing it?

Jayson
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8462

Yes.

bigbarada
09-10-2011, 02:34 PM
it's not about the category, its about getting a voice, something a lot of us didn't really get to do.

I think that's why Curto gave the list of other sites that were participating and encouraged everyone to vote in those as well. This way, if you don't like how RS is running it's poll, you can go somewhere else to "get a voice."

I don't necessarily agree with the argument that people vote differently on a wishlist poll verses a fan choice poll. I know for a fact I don't, because my top ten stays pretty stable year after year.

Rune_Haako
09-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Yes.

Thanks, found it earlier.

Cane_Adiss
09-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Most of the 52 in our poll are ROTS subjects anyway.

When is 3 "most?"

If you understood the context of my post you would realize I meant to type "ROTJ". A large number of the finalists in our poll is from that movie.

Trooper31
09-12-2011, 03:33 AM
I agree with Curto that polls are fun and I'm glad to vote in another.

In my opinion though, our wishlist poll is the same as a fans' choice poll because both are asking what we want to see made. There are charcaters that I want to see made before other characters, but I have to respect the community thinking when it comes to these polls. Some people won't vote for Hoth Luke because they figure he'll be made eventually and want to steer Hasbro towards other figures. Others fell that we should have near-perfect of sculpts of the main characters first before we venture into background territory.

In the end, like Dan said, it's a gude for Hasbro and we're all pretty much thinking alike. Hasbro can't make too many weird choices because those choices don't appeal to the genreal public. They also have to balance PT and OT because there are a number of fans moving into the collector age group that grew up with the PT.

I think these polls are fun, but next year people need to vote in the RS wishpoll for figures they want and not see both polls and completely seperate entities. Hasbro needs a new list of fans' choices to guide them over the next few years. If a figure from the last poll hasn't been made yet, but shows up again on the new poll, that will show Hasbro that there is still a following for that figure.

CaptainJack
09-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I disagree. The "wishlist" poll uses a scoring system based on how likely we are to buy things, not whether we want them to be made. I would definitely buy a new Snaggletooth figure, but I really wouldn't care if he never got made.

I guess the nomination process is a lot more of a compilation of wishlists than the final vote.

*___*
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
To me, the only difference between the Wishlist Poll and the Fans' Choice Poll is that ours is unofficial. Granted, that's a pretty BIG difference...

The Wishlist Poll is also just what Rebelscum forum members would like to see, while the Fans' Choice Poll is able to reach a lot more people.

The only time that these were one and the same was back in 2006 with what became the Saga Legends Fans' Choice Poll.

I could have done a scoring system here as well, but I chose not to because of the time constraints. I also opted to allow multiple choices instead of a single choice, because....well, I don't have a reason for that! haha

Trooper31
09-13-2011, 01:47 AM
I agree with you Curto. I just don't see the difference between what one wants and what one will buy. I can make a list of figures that I want and those would be the ones I would buy first, IF I had the choice, but I don't. If you gave me the choice between being able to bu a new Hoth Luke or a new Dagobah Luke, I'd take Luke first. That doesn't mean I don't want a new Dagobah Luke.

*___*
09-13-2011, 08:41 AM
As of this writing, here are the current rankings:

TOP 10
136 Toryn Farr
131 Sgt. Doallyn
131 Vintage Nikto (Vink'to)
125 Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11
124 Sim Aloo
123 Captain/Admiral Piett
120 Darth Plageuis
120 Weequay (Sail Barge/Marksman)
115 Arleil Schous
115 Fozec

...and the rest!
114 Jocasta Nu
114 Nien Nunb
112 Yotts Oren (Klaatu Skiff Guard)
110 Death Squad Commander (Vintage)
110 Mosep Bineed
110 Vizam (Sail Barge Nikto)
109 Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand)
109 Vedain (Skiff Driver)
107 EG-6 Power Droid (Lars Homestead)
106 Klaatu (Skiff Guard - Gray Outfit)
104 Bannis Keeg
104 Hoth Rebel Soldier (Vintage Commander)
103 Jek Porkins (Red 6)
102 Barada
101 Taym Dren Garen
99 Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi)
99 Snowtrooper Officer
99 Sy Snootles (Vintage)
98 Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot)
97 Commander Praji
95 Emperor Palpatine
94 Cantina Band Member (Modal Node)
94 Snaggletooth (Zutton/Takeel)
91 Ann/Tann Gella
91 Han Solo (Carbonite)
91 Princess Leia (Main Outfit)
91 Shasa Tiel
90 Tessek
88 Bib Fortuna
88 EV-9D9
87 Admiral Motti
87 Owen Lars
85 Lt. Sheckil
83 Yoda
81 Lando Calrissian (Bespin)
80 Princess Leia (Ceremony)
78 Tusken Raider
70 Darth Sidious (Office Duel)
68 Imperial Probe Droid
66 Merumeru
61 Padme Amidala (Arena)
59 Tarfful

Notice there are a few ties...I'm just listing them alphabetically for now. If we end up with a tie for 10th place (not a factor at the moment), I'm not sure what to do about that. We'll cross that bridge when/if we need to.

2 weeks to go!

*___*
09-13-2011, 10:20 AM
As expected, the forum will be down for awhile...
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Present_Forum_Closing_New_Forum_Coming_140535.asp

Since1978
09-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Good for you pal, but it's not about the category, its about getting a voice, something a lot of us didn't really get to do. Hell, given recent events I would porbably through my vote behind ROTS Nute anyway out of respect.

Curto, I am not saying throw out the Wishlist. I know how important it is to the community and those who help put it togeher. I'm saying don't try to force the wishlist into being a Fans' Choice Poll, something it is not. Treat them as being different because they are. These are results for something completely different.

I'm still not sure anyone has provided a compelling argument for how the wishlist poll would get different votes from a fan's choice poll. 200 folks submitted nominations, we even tried to condense the EU poll so that the results would be the very best the EU had to offer, 400 folks evaluated all the finalists, and the results ended with the list that has been shown here in this thread.

How, outside of using a different voting or nomination system, would the results be different? The 2009 poll was run pretty much the same, and the results were another EU winner. Which was a WORTHLESS winner, as Bastila was one of the few leftovers from the 2006 poll.

The 2006 poll was utterly dominated by the EU, with most of those subjects having been produced. The 2009 poll featured an EU winner, so why all the complaining from the EU set?

Perhaps after a little run of interest from fans for the EU, interest is fading a bit? The market is a funny thing, people's interests do change.

I understand that EU fans are trying to get visibility on their favorites, but guys, after two straight fans choice winners, I'm not sure if it's visibility, or just greed that's coming through at this point.

For the last few years ROTJ has dominated these polls in almost every way, nominations, top scores, highest average score, etc. If would seem that according to the collection of fans that are voting here, ROTJ should dominate the finals, as that really seems that's what the majority of fans are after.

There is a small vocal minority of EU fans, and that's great, I hope the EU gets some representation for y'all, but the majority here - including what I would liken to the "silent majority" - seem to want something different.

That said, I'm still disappointed that we couldn't hold this until after NYCC to find out what else was being announced for 2012.

'78

Masterfett
09-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I understand that EU fans are trying to get visibility on their favorites, but guys, after two straight fans choice winners, I'm not sure if it's visibility, or just greed that's coming through at this point.

'78

Greed, greed you say.....
I wouldn't call it Greed for someone to want a figure from a media that is in truth barely ever touched.

As much others like to complain there is too much EU, all that is needed is a comparison throughout the lines lifetime, of how many EU figures have been made versus OT.

Maybe if people like me who like both were to stop voting for OT since there are plenty of purist for that, then maybe we'd see the numbers even out some.

Personally though I'm not saying I definitely want an EU character to win, but I really don't understand why so many main character rehashes are in a "Fans Choice" poll!

I get why they'd be in a wishlist, because in time we want them all revisited, but Hasbro likes to revisit main characters anyways so there's no need for them in this poll!

bigbarada
09-13-2011, 06:16 PM

'78

Greed, greed you say.....
I wouldn't call it Greed for someone to want a figure from a media that is in truth barely ever touched.

As much others like to complain there is too much EU, all that is needed is a comparison throughout the lines lifetime, of how many EU figures have been made versus OT.

Maybe if people like me who like both were to stop voting for OT since there are plenty of purist for that, then maybe we'd see the numbers even out some.

Personally though I'm not saying I definitely want an EU character to win, but I really don't understand why so many main character rehashes are in a "Fans Choice" poll!

I get why they'd be in a wishlist, because in time we want them all revisited, but Hasbro likes to revisit main characters anyways so there's no need for them in this poll!

I think people should vote honestly and not politically in these polls, otherwise they wouldn't be a true representation of what the fans want.

If a resculpt of an existing figure is my number one choice, so what? It's still my most wanted figure. I'm a fan and that's my choice. So, while it might not be the fans' choice, it is this fan's choice.