PDA

View Full Version : Will Fett most likely come back?

shaved_ape
08-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I went through a hell of a time trying to get my Fett. I had a lot of friends that went to the CV and I had paypal ready for one of my friends that could snag me one.

Then I realized that even for my friends that went first thing in the morning just for me to get in the GG line was a jerk move on my part to ask. Especially when they hauled a-- to get there just to see the line occupied by all vendors.

Well a few days after CV they offered them up on the site and I love mine. I just wish I could have had 2 so I could have one in the box and display one loose. I had planned on doing this with the entire collection or at least the ones I wanted but this whole Fett fiasco turned me off to that concept.

But I got the email that they are re-releasing the stormtrooper so will they be doing the same thing with fett?

Jason_West
08-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Count on Gentle Giant releasing the Fett on a SW card. Since the original had been released on multiple card backs, expect GG to the same thing. For now, it appears the VC Jawa "might" be the only one released on one card. Of course, if the line dies, then all bets are off.

Leia_Way
08-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm betting that they will release Fett on a ROTJ desert scene card.

drmdns
08-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I could swear that I read both Fett and the Stormie were going to be released again. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif The Stormie has been anyway and I dont care about the card it come on. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

shaved_ape
08-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I hope this line runs well into ROTJ. My guess is that the downfall of this line would be if they DIDN'T do another Fett.

I recently got these images and such from an article in a toy review or star wars insider I can't remember I don't know that it is posted.

But it is mentioned that there may be a biker scout and more.

There is no way in hell that anyone other than Mr. Wise has room to display the FULL collection if they release them from all movies.

But here are the ones I would want

Luke Jedi, Bossk, IG-88, 4-LOM, ZUCKUSS, Biker Scout, Dengar. Maybe a few others.

But most of all I would one 2 of each, one for the card and one for display loose next to the original figure.

The whole concept of releasing one version of Fett is ridiculous. The preorders would sell pretty quick, but I'd be willing to bet that they will sort of base the edition # on the number of preorders they get. Hell there are what, 1500 of the Fetts?

Anyway here are the pictures and the article from SW insider a while ago.

I wasn't very interested in the Vinyl Cape Jawa, but I would be crucially interested if they do this Blue Snaggletooth.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/shaved_ape/gg.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/shaved_ape/gg2.jpg

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
11-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I still have a spare Fett, in great condition. I pre-ordered one before CV, but picked one up when I was there. Tried to get GG to cancel my pre-order, but they didn't. So now I'm stuck with two!

jerry1138
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
I wouldnt say you were "stuck" with two, I'm sure someone would be willing to take one off your hand. ;)

shaved_ape
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM
I am bumping this to see if anyone has any more ideas on this. I spoke with Mr. Wise and he thinks it would be funny if they re-released it for Celebration again this year. I don't.

I am contemplating selling mine, but once again I would only want to do it if I knew they were going to do another run of fetts.

r2q5
01-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Toy molds are expensive. I see GG moving to get more money out of the Fett mold soon. They would be foolish not to.

Jay_the_Lesser
01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
I bet we will see Fett again. When and on what style of card will be seen in time.

Shabby_Blue
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm surprised this is even up for question after we've already seen the re-release of the Stormtrooper on an ANH card instead of ESB card. We'll eventually get the same for Fett, to satisfy both the demand for having him on an ANH card and the demand from those who missed the first release. However, I'd be shocked if we ever get a release on the ROTJ card with the alternate photo.