View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Jawa Vinyl Cape SDCC

Pages : [1] 2

JustinL
06-22-2011, 05:36 PM
http://blog.gentlegiantltd.com/?p=389

Preorder just placed! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SirTristram
06-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Damn. I was just going to order the PGM to order this but...I have no other use for the membership. It stings a bit paying almost $73 for a membership and then hardly even use it.

Anyone not want their VC Jawa? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Turbowars
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Well We figured as much, I ordered him.

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I'd like to snag this from someone who has PGM as well. If you aren't planning on buying this hit me up , I'd love to add it to my collection. I have great feedback as well.

*edit* I won't pay a premium (if you are looking to make money), but I will pay the retail price, some bucks for your time and shipping to me.

JediKnight
06-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Ordered.

toyjesus
06-22-2011, 10:21 PM
I just joined and ordered two. I guess they don't combine shipping on items? I had to make two separate purchases. I'm guessing they don't have a pick up at the con option? Shipping was the only choice?

Tweekem
06-22-2011, 10:39 PM
2? When I ordered mine Greg said one per person... do you have 2 accounts?

toyjesus
06-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Nope, I ordered one. Logged out. Logged back in. Ordered another. The only notification that popped up was something about one item/one sku per order. I couldn't adjust the quantity so I just made a separate order. I have both confirmations.

Tweekem
06-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Just did the same... thanks for the heads up! Hoping that these reach the heights of Fett and the Stormie so I can tempt someone into trading so I can get the Stormie and complete the run.

Thanks again!

Turbowars
06-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Just did the same... thanks for the heads up! Hoping that these reach the heights of Fett and the Stormie so I can tempt someone into trading so I can get the Stormie and complete the run.

Thanks again!

LOL it's this thinking that ruins the hobby, but what ever it takes right?

Turbowars
06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
"Sweet Grandmother's Spatula!" does anyone give a crap about this stuff anymore???????????

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-22-2011, 11:17 PM

Thanks again!

Unfortunately its all about the almighty $ at times. I'd like to get one for the shelf myself but I won't pay over cost for one. My Fett still sits on my shelf even though they go for a premium now.

BlueSnaggletooth
06-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Ordered...

-Snags

Turbowars
06-22-2011, 11:33 PM

Thanks again!

Unfortunately its all about the almighty $ at times. I'd like to get one for the shelf myself but I won't pay over cost for one. My Fett still sits on my shelf even though they go for a premium now.

Yeah and the funny thing is that's when my dumb [censored] should let this stuff go. I don't know how many times I sat on something that was worth a few bucks and when I didn't want it anymore I can't even give it away.

JediJones77
06-23-2011, 12:17 AM
I would also like to buy this from someone with a membership if they aren't getting it. I just recently got some of the mail-in Hasbro Rocket Fetts if anyone wants to accept those as partial payment.

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
06-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Just grabbed my Vinyl cloak Jawa too!

ukepicker
06-23-2011, 03:46 AM
Edit: nvm, pre-ordered!

now to track down an original to go with it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jason_West
06-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Sweeeet.. I have been waiting for this since joining their exclusive club. Ordered my two. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Black_Falcon
06-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Looks really nice - I will try and pick one of these up http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Graham

Tweekem
06-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Thanks again!

Yeah and the funny thing is that's when my dumb [censored] should let this stuff go. I don't know how many times I sat on something that was worth a few bucks and when I didn't want it anymore I can't even give it away.

How is this ruining the hobby? Now if I said I was gonna re-sell it for top $$$ then I would understand.. but I want to trade it for the Stormtrooper that IMO shouldnt be selling at near $500.00 or use it as trade bait. Its the crazy prices for not even one year old merchandise or the repro scumbags that ruin the hobby IMO.

Jay_the_Lesser
06-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Order placed. I hope GG takes a break after the initial series is done. I know my wallet could use it.

tmlfan
06-23-2011, 08:52 AM
is there a trick to order one?

it says "See PGM Exclusives in the Collector's Club Section to Order"

But no link to order? any help

JustinL
06-23-2011, 08:58 AM

You must be a Premier Guild Member to place a preorder.

tmlfan
06-23-2011, 09:01 AM

right...I know that part ...paid $60 for that..but still dont see how to order

but nothing else to click on

When I click collectors club > PGM exclusives I see

As a member of our Premier Guild you are eligible to purchase PGM Exclusives not available to the general public. You also have the first opportunity to pre-order/purchase other exclusives such as San Diego Comic Con Exclusives prior to the general public. </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

Kimx
06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
So if it's a SDCC exclusive, does that mean we have to go to SDCC to get it, even if it's preordered thru GG's PGM membership? Or will they just ship it to you if you pre-order.

Tweekem
06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
They ship it to you after the show.

Jedi534
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
So if it's a SDCC exclusive, does that mean we have to go to SDCC to get it, even if it's preordered thru GG's PGM membership? Or will they just ship it to you if you pre-order.

It will be shipped to you about a week or two AFTER the show.

Jedi534
06-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks again!

I can add another as well but now that it's been reported here, i'm sure duplicate orders will be cancelled. I'm curious though, can the people who ordered 2 order a 3rd?

Kimx
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM

When I click collectors club &gt; PGM exclusives I see

As a member of our Premier Guild you are eligible to purchase PGM Exclusives not available to the general public. You also have the first opportunity to pre-order/purchase other exclusives such as San Diego Comic Con Exclusives prior to the general public. </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. I just signed up for PGM membership, but can't figure out how to order the Jawa.

tmlfan
06-23-2011, 11:28 AM

I'm having the same problem. I just signed up for PGM membership, but can't figure out how to order the Jawa.

[/QUOTE]

still not sure myself yet

tmlfan
06-23-2011, 12:32 PM

[/QUOTE]

ok, so I logged out and logged back in a couple times on the site and the purchase option showed up..so try that

Tweekem
06-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Or you can call GG customer service.. they will set up the order for you guys.

vader2001
06-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I am a pgm and am not going to order this. I have the Fett and Stormtrooper that I really don't like. After I saw the small head Han, that was enough for me.

hckyang
06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
ordered!

Glitch
06-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I am a pgm and am not going to order this. I have the Fett and Stormtrooper that I really don't like. After I saw the small head Han, that was enough for me.

Small head Han is the best one yet.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jason_West
06-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Since only 1,000 of these will be manufactured, I wonder how many will be left for SDCC? I have seen at least six Ebay "pre-order" auctions. This is one figure I have wanted for a VERY long time and will be very happy when it arrives...

jedimasterc
06-23-2011, 06:20 PM
I just called GG about my being a PG member and the Vynal caped Jawa is sold out. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OCWanKenobi
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
free shipping for 1350 on ebay!!!!!
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jedi534
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I just called GG about my being a PG member and the Vynal caped Jawa is sold out. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Because everyone was able to order as many as they wanted, or at the very least 2 per person... You may still have a chance if they cancel duplicate orders. Another glitch... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM

Anyone else confirm that? Are they really sold out now?

Jedi534
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Anyone else confirm that? Are they really sold out now?

I still see the "Add To Cart" button on their site. But since I already have one ordered it now says "Only One Item Per Order". Earlier I was able to add extras (I didn't chance it) but it would seem that they fixed that...

EDIT: WHOOOPS! Scratch that... I had that second Jawa still in my cart! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif I cleared it out and now the site says "Sold Out".

Turbowars
06-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice, now we get to listen to the poor guys that ordered 2 and got their orders canceled. Very classy guys.

OCWanKenobi
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice, now we get to listen to the poor guys that ordered 2 and got their orders canceled. Very classy guys.

It should be a test. If you ordered more than one there should be a warning that you might not get either order.

bf3000
06-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I ordered 2 and I will be ticked off if they cancel my order(s). I looked over the item description several times before ordering just to be certain, and it did not say anywhere that it was limited to 1 per member. If I had broken the rules and a website glitch allowed it, that would be one thing, but to change the conditions after an item has sold out would not be cool. People had about 24 hours to buy one of these if they wanted one - it's not like they sold out in minutes.

jedimasterc
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
How do I get into the PGM section?Where do I input my password?

DarthBeek
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
How do I get into the PGM section?Where do I input my password?

Log into your account and if you are a paid PGM member - take the product link to the specific item.

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I ordered 2 and I will be ticked off if they cancel my order(s). I looked over the item description several times before ordering just to be certain, and it did not say anywhere that it was limited to 1 per member. If I had broken the rules and a website glitch allowed it, that would be one thing, but to change the conditions after an item has sold out would not be cool. People had about 24 hours to buy one of these if they wanted one - it's not like they sold out in minutes.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Don't they always limit their limited stuff to one per person? I know even when I bought Boba last year after SDCC on the site, non PGM, that I could only buy one.

I don't know why everyone thinks this was suddenly going to change.

IrishJedi
06-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Wow, I wonder how few are actually going to be available for sale at SDCC. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Turbowars
06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
They will have a crap load at the show. I will probably get one there and cancel the one I ordered, but we will see.

Jedi534
06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
They will have a crap load at the show. I will probably get one there and cancel the one I ordered, but we will see.

Yes... At 1,000, we'd be lucky if half were up for pre-order. I say more like 250-300.

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-24-2011, 02:25 AM
I wonder if this will function like the fett and stormie and be open to a few orders to the general public on GG after the show.

JustinL
06-24-2011, 06:22 AM
For me, it's pre-orders like this that make the $60 PGM cost worth it's weight in gold.

kingbrat
06-24-2011, 08:07 AM
I am none too happy that I decided to re-up my PGM for this one, and could not do so because of some problem with their website (kept telling me I could only have one item on my order...hmmmm).

Mechleader
06-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Sold out!

Jedi534
06-24-2011, 08:56 AM
I am none too happy that I decided to re-up my PGM for this one, and could not do so because of some problem with their website (kept telling me I could only have one item on my order...hmmmm).

Check your shopping cart on the website as you may have something in it. When you put something in your cart, it STAYS their until you manually clear it out. Loggong off won't automatically clear it.

captainsolo
06-24-2011, 08:57 AM
This is why i love this website..

I was all set to join the premier club for the Jawa. I mean, I was a second away. All i had to was clik the button last night. First, i decided to swing over here and i saw that it was sold out. WHEW.. I would have been really upset if i had spent the 60 bucks and then seen our Jawa friend sold out.

I'll pick one up down the road. One thing ive learned is stuff will always be available.

kingbrat
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM

Check your shopping cart on the website as you may have something in it. When you put something in your cart, it STAYS their until you manually clear it out. Loggong off won't automatically clear it.

nope...the only things in my cart was the renewal and the gift (hmmm...sounds like 2 items...wonder if its a glitch). I was able to process it this morning but of course it was sold out by then. Should have checked here first, cuz I probably wouldnt have renewed. Going to send a few emails to Greg.

SirTristram
06-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Sold out!

Are you serious?

tmlfan
06-24-2011, 10:53 AM

I would be ticked off if some people got 2 and I wasnt able to get 1. almost guaranteed these will be 2-3x the price soon

Mechleader
06-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes sold out.

As for 1 item in your cart issue..I ordered teh snowtrooper it was cool. Then I put in for the Jawa but said "One item in your cart"
I went through the buying process with the trooper. Went back and it said the Jawa and HP bust was sold out. This may be why you cannot order it two items.

Jedi534
06-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes sold out.

As for 1 item in your cart issue..I ordered teh snowtrooper it was cool. Then I put in for the Jawa but said "One item in your cart"
I went through the buying process with the trooper. Went back and it said the Jawa and HP bust was sold out. This may be why you cannot order it two items.

As a result of our research on how to most efficiently process orders through our system in conjunction with our fulfillment warehouse:

Effective immediately, we are limiting each order to one (1) sku/item per order.

By doing so, this allows Gentle Giant Ltd. and our fulfillment warehouse partner to process orders most efficiently and most expediently

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JediKnight
06-24-2011, 02:02 PM

I would be ticked off if some people got 2 and I wasnt able to get 1. almost guaranteed these will be 2-3x the price soon

This guy got 8

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SDCC-2011-Gentle-Giant-12-inch-Vinyl-Cape-Jawa-/130537617081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e64a5f6b9 http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM

This guy got 8

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SDCC-2011-Gentle-Giant-12-inch-Vinyl-Cape-Jawa-/130537617081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e64a5f6b9 http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

He could have 8 people going to SDCC to buy them. Ive heard of such things.

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
We will release more of the sold out items today at 1:00PM PST so if you order then you should easily get any of the items.

Thanks,

Gentle Giant

[/QUOTE]

This was after noting that the dup orders would be cancelled. So if you didn't get one, get ready.

JediKnight
06-24-2011, 03:02 PM

This guy got 8

That makes sense. I was wondering how he could order 8 from GG's website. On the other hand, maybe we should order from those guys in the future because they do combined shipping http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MasterX
06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
ALL Sold out SDCC Exclusives are back up including Vinyl Cape Jawa... go get them.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/category_s/106.htm

You must be logged in to see the items after clicking the above link.

X

This guy got 8

That makes sense. I was wondering how he could order 8 from GG's website. On the other hand, maybe we should order from those guys in the future because they do combined shipping http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kingbrat
06-24-2011, 03:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
We will release more of the sold out items today at 1:00PM PST so if you order then you should easily get any of the items.

Thanks,

Gentle Giant

This was after noting that the dup orders would be cancelled. So if you didn't get one, get ready.

[/QUOTE]

hot diggidy dog....got one.

Azuryte
06-24-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm confused. It says per-order, but it looks like you get charged now. Are they charging when you order or when they ship after the show?

Jedi534
06-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm confused. It says per-order, but it looks like you get charged now. Are they charging when you order or when they ship after the show?

You should be charged when they ship so after the show. I ordered the McSnowie & Jawa and have NOT been charged anything.

Edit: Per GG Website: "These orders will be billed and shipped after the show."

captainsolo
06-24-2011, 04:21 PM
They ARE back in stock. I called and they said they realesed a few.

I caved and joined and ordered

JediKnight
06-24-2011, 04:32 PM
They ARE back in stock. I called and they said they realesed a few.

I caved and joined and ordered

I joined a couple of months ago for Jawa. Hope we made the right choice.

MrPickles
06-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Went back and was able to order one myself.

xphillips
06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Are we allowed to order 2 vinyl caped Jawas if I first order 1 and then go back in and order another? I know my friend wants one, but can't get a hold of him right now and I'm afraid they will sell out?
Should I try it or do I run the risk of BOTH orders being canceled??

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Are we allowed to order 2 vinyl caped Jawas if I first order 1 and then go back in and order another? I know my friend wants one, but can't get a hold of him right now and I'm afraid they will sell out?
Should I try it or do I run the risk of BOTH orders being canceled??

GG told me they are canceling all duplicate orders when I questioned their availability at and after SDCC in an email.

JoeKersavage
06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Was able to score one of these in the second go around. Thanks for the heads up! I was also able to hook up a friend so we both came out on top!

Jason_West
06-24-2011, 07:44 PM
That is total BS that GG will cancel orders for customers who ordered more than one. I paid $60.00 for the membership, then another $80.00 for each order (including shipping), I think members should at least get two. I want one to leave in the package and the other to display outside of the package. If they cancel my order, customer service will get a very "unfriendly" phone call.

justabigkid
06-24-2011, 09:46 PM
With a edition size of only 1000 they should limit it to one per member and cancel any mulitple orders from the same member. If you want more than one get 2 memberships.

AGMB
06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Great News! I just got the email from GG letting the PGM members know that the Vinyl Cape Jawa is ready for preorder. Too bad its only about 48 hours late. Hoping they put a few more up after Comic Con.

Jedi534
06-24-2011, 10:13 PM
With a edition size of only 1000 they should limit it to one per member and cancel any mulitple orders from the same member. If you want more than one get 2 memberships.

It's pretty commom knowledge that GG limits their exclusives to one per customer. They always have and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. On the other hand, it's GG's fault as their website should automatically block anyone who has already placed an order and it does not.

BTW, Jawa is SOLD OUT again...

justabigkid
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM

It's pretty commom knowledge that GG limits their exclusives to one per customer. They always have and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. On the other hand, it's GG's fault as their website should automatically block anyone who has already placed an order and it does not.

BTW, Jawa is SOLD OUT again...

I agree 100%

Dax
06-25-2011, 02:47 AM
I think we should focus on the real problem here. This line is really focussed squarely at collectors, and a large part of that group are guys that know the vintage line. Within the vintage line the Vinyl Caped Jawa is one of the most coveted and sought after figures and surely Gentle Giant knew this.

So to make this figure a limited run of 1000 pieces is just mind numbingly stupid. There is no way that is going to come close to meeting the demand. At least Playmates produced 1701 figures in their disastrous marketing blunder that was the turning point in collectors losing faith with them.

I've been waiting for a few months now to decide whether to commit to this line and following on from the disappointment of non-vac metalized C-3PO and R2-D2 figures, this short sighted arrogance from Gentle Giant is the straw that broke the camel's back. Why not make the vinyl cape the regular release and make the cloth cape the exclusive?

Marketing opportunities should be used to positively promote a product or line, not alienate a large proportion of your potential customer base. Anyway, I guess I now have a spare $1000 I can go and spend on Sideshow or Hot Toys products instead. [censored] you Gentle Giant.

Tweekem
06-25-2011, 08:02 AM
I agree and disagree that they should be limited to one each.. while I really want 2... Ive set up a trade to get the Stormtrooper I missed out on... Im glad they are doing the one per person to spread the love. Oh well... mabey they will miss my duplicate order and my trade can move forward or I will be able to find a bleeding heart that will grab one at the show or get a decently priced Stormie into my collection.

AGMB
06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
While I missed out on the initial listing of this I am okay with GG only producing a 1000. It is kind of keeping with the limited availability of the original vinyl cape Jawa. I know some people find this "stupid" on GG's part but it is not like they aren't offering the cloth one. I was able to buy the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett when it was originally listed and have purchased each one they have offered since. I find it rediculous that some people are judging the collectability of this line based on if they can get every figure. I know there are some people who are purchasing only the ones that interest them and could probably care less about the vinyl cape jawa. While I am disappointed in not knowing about the VCJ being listed on the GG website in time to order one myself I am not going to through my hands up because I know it will be available at a reasonable price sometime in the future. I am not sure who made the point above but for anyone thinking that they will make money in the future on collectables offered today then they would have a better chance with burying money in the backyard.

Tweekem
06-25-2011, 08:58 AM
I dont know if that was pointed at me... but Im not trying to make $$.. I want that darn Stormtrooper and found people that would trade 1 for 1 for him. If you look at my feedback thread and all my FS threads I am always reasonable with my pricing and am always fair. I run toy shows and give great pricing on all my items... for example... this lillte guy really wanted my MISB Ep 1 Starliner... he walked away paying $65 buks total. Another wanted a GameStop StormTrooper Commander... $10 if he opened it at my table. Im no scalper guys... I just like to get HTF items to trade for items Im looking for to complete my collections. Sorry if its been portrayed that I scalp... but Im the farthest thing from that.

jedimasterc
06-25-2011, 11:00 AM
I too was able to get one of these guys.So,All's good.

Turbowars
06-25-2011, 11:44 AM
I dont know if that was pointed at me... but Im not trying to make $$.. I want that darn Stormtrooper and found people that would trade 1 for 1 for him. If you look at my feedback thread and all my FS threads I am always reasonable with my pricing and am always fair. I run toy shows and give great pricing on all my items... for example... this lillte guy really wanted my MISB Ep 1 Starliner... he walked away paying $65 buks total. Another wanted a GameStop StormTrooper Commander... $10 if he opened it at my table. Im no scalper guys... I just like to get HTF items to trade for items Im looking for to complete my collections. Sorry if its been portrayed that I scalp... but Im the farthest thing from that.

So you sell at shows huh? I'm sure you don't sell to lose $ right? I bet these hard to find GG 12" will sell very well since the general public has no clue they exist. Not calling anyone a scalper here, but there aren't any retail sellers at shows. As for the Hasbro exclusive you want, I'm betting that will be a pain in the behind to get at the show. Even if someone does it will be another pain to even get it shipped, it's huge. I'm having anxiety right now getting it at the show. I'm thinking the Jawa might be OK getting there, last year I could had bought as many Stormies as I wanted. But then again word has gotten out so maybe it wont be so easy this time.

Cenobyte619
06-25-2011, 01:57 PM
These jerks are a joke now.
Why am i paying for a supposed PGM membership just to receive the Email to pre order the vinyl capedjawa (received last ight)just to find out that they sold out. 2 days ago completely.

I never had a chance vot one, and when I called about it the other dy, they sId that it was probablymyjunk filter blocking their mail.

Itcqme last night.

But to findoutthat i paid for my membership just like others and nevereven had a chance to get one ...of these reLy upsets me.

Turbowars
06-25-2011, 02:00 PM
They were back on sale yesterday. Just check back or keep calling them. I believe they will have more.

DarthTad
06-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I've missed out on this now, too. I'm bummed because I have been keeping up with everything so far. I have Fett, Stormtrooper, both Hans, etc. And now I'll be missing the VC Jawa. I'm a PGM member, and this is the first year I will be attending SDCC, but I'm not holding my breath about being able to get one there. At CV the exclusive Fett was a complete freaking joke. I tried every day to get one, but they were always sold out before my end of the line got up. And then on one day I asked them later in the day what was going on with them, and they told me they would sell a few more later, but couldn't tell me when. Then 5 minutes later, there was a freaking line of 100 people to get one. I think they turned me away, then immediately announced that they would start another line. The only reason I got one was by ordering one online back at the house after the show.

They make it impossible to pre-order it, and make it even harder to get it at the freaking show. Glad I paid $60 for the membership!

FYI, I also had one in my cart 2 days ago, never even shut down my computer in case the wife would OK it. Today it was gone. So they CAN and DO remove items from your cart before you buy them.

DarthTad
06-25-2011, 06:19 PM
ANd not only that, I remember THE VERY FIRST MORNING OF CV, there was a booth, DIRECTLY ACROSS from the Gentle Giant Booth, selling the $70 Fett for $250.

Sometimes it just feels like they do this kind of stuff just to completely alienate and [censored] off collectors.

In order to even have a chance at getting these things at the actual Con, you have to wait in line for days. It's almost like you have to spend your entire time at a Con standing in line to chase down the exclusives. I think they're kind of ruining the Cons themselves. They're taking away the fun. But if you don't get this stuff at the Con, then you have to pay 2-3x retail.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jason_West
06-25-2011, 07:22 PM
There were more Fett's and Stormtroopers available (1500), than the expected VC Jawas. During preview night at CV, Gentle Giant opened up and sold the Fett's to dealers and collectors. No limit at that time, so I find it a total joke that Gentle Giant all of a sudden has morals or "we should respect each collector". Setting a limit of two is much better than their bleeping moralistic rule.

Tweekem
06-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Yes... I sell my access Hasbro stuff and things that no longer fit in my collection at shows. check my sales threads... most of what is there is way under cost. I know you dont know me Turbo but the people who know me personally and via this website will all tell you I never scalp. I understand why you say what you do and think the way you do.. but Im not on this site or at any shows to rip people off. Very few pieces Ive sold for over what I bought them for.. like the MR Fett LE bucket... for a great price and I will pm you the guys tag and he will tell you it was no scalper price. I was only going after 2 of this one fig (had a chance to get 2 Fetts but only got one cuz thats what I needed for my collection) to get that stormtrooper that is selling for a price I just wont pay. Again... I understand why you kinda rip on me but before you do hit up the CTF thread on the Chicago boards.. Ive put together a group of about 30 plus guys that go to shows... send figs out to charity and dont scalp what so ever. Take it easy bro... not everyone is a rip off artist.

Turbowars
06-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Not really ripping, you said yourself you sell at shows. That doesn't leave a great taste in most collectors mouths, but I understand what you do now, Cool. Just for example the sellers at SDCC are not our friends. They are there to take advantage of the new collector. That's great you aren't a scalper. I'd just hate to get a Hot figure at the SDCC to supposedly help out a guy, while his intentions were to sell it for top $.

Tweekem
06-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Not like that at all bro... the last time the fellas and I got together we put together a huge box of custom figs and vehicles for the Eli kid that they had on the front pager of RS... I made him a custome 12inch Jedi figure of himself and we sent it out... dont know how well he loved the stuff we made but we did our part for the lil guy. Glad you and I understand eachother now.. and I agree... those guys at the bigger shows that buy a exclusive there and sell it for 5 times more need to be hung.

Cant wait to get this fig man... I had an original as a kid and hated that all my friends had the "cool" cloth cape... I really kinda wish I still thought like I did as a lil guy.. but my collection is much cooler now... hehe

justabigkid
06-25-2011, 10:41 PM
My comment(s) were not directed at any single member. I just think that with such a low edition size that 1 per membership is fair. Hopefully those that have more than one ordered will not be allowed to receive more than one so that others may pick one up. I've sent Greg a email about this and plan to do so until it is addressed or they ship out.

Jason_West
06-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Since my focus is 99% Jawas, I want as many of these as I can get. If my second order indeed gets cancelled and my other means fails to workout, then a scalper or the bay will be my next step. As Dax noted, Gentle Giant's low production run lead us to this point. I think the actual number should have been at least 2,000. Due to the number of scuffed bubble that other collectors have reported, I wonder how many of these will be nice and "mint"?

JustinL
06-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Due to the number of scuffed bubble that other collectors have reported, I wonder how many of these will be nice and "mint"?

Has anybody actually received a figure with a mint plastic case?

I've got every 12" figure released so far and all of them have arrived with some varying degree of scuffs on the clamshell.

jedimasterc
06-26-2011, 07:55 AM
I am more worried about the condition of the figure and package then the outer case.If I can remember in the descipttions of the jumbo figures the case is suppoes to be removable.

jedimasterc
06-26-2011, 08:05 AM
While I missed out on the initial listing of this I am okay with GG only producing a 1000. It is kind of keeping with the limited availability of the original vinyl cape Jawa. I know some people find this "stupid" on GG's part but it is not like they aren't offering the cloth one. I was able to buy the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett when it was originally listed and have purchased each one they have offered since. I find it rediculous that some people are judging the collectability of this line based on if they can get every figure. I know there are some people who are purchasing only the ones that interest them and could probably care less about the vinyl cape jawa. While I am disappointed in not knowing about the VCJ being listed on the GG website in time to order one myself I am not going to through my hands up because I know it will be available at a reasonable price sometime in the future. I am not sure who made the point above but for anyone thinking that they will make money in the future on collectables offered today then they would have a better chance with burying money in the backyard.

Yeah,i missed out on the Stormtrooper and the Boba Fett at C5 but I got home and ordered both and they came right to my door in great shape.I love this line but I am only limiting my self to at least 4 or 5 of these.I have right now:
Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Darth Vader-who really kicks butt in this scale
Vinyl caped Jawa
I probably will cancel my order for the cloth caped Jawa at some point.

Turbowars
06-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Due to the number of scuffed bubble that other collectors have reported, I wonder how many of these will be nice and "mint"?

Has anybody actually received a figure with a mint plastic case?

I've got every 12" figure released so far and all of them have arrived with some varying degree of scuffs on the clamshell.

My C4 Boba and Sm Head Han came perfect in the mail from GG. I can't say that for Chewy, Liea or Vader. They are messed up and am waiting on GG to do something about it. I got the Stormy from the SDCC it was in nice conition.

jawascrump
06-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi, can anyone clarify what the bottom line would be for myself as a UK based collector to get the membership and the VC Jawa (Shipped to the UK) would be?

Is there any left? I might order one tomorrow morning, can I ring up and order?

Thanks

Turbowars
06-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi, can anyone clarify what the bottom line would be for myself as a UK based collector to get the membership and the VC Jawa (Shipped to the UK) would be?

Is there any left? I might order one tomorrow morning, can I ring up and order?

Thanks

They are sold out.

jawascrump
06-26-2011, 10:47 AM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am gutted I missed this.. I thought there would be plenty of time on this one. If anyone ends up not wanting their VC Jawa or just wont order one please let me know http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a side note is anyone concerned that people will be cutting these down and putting them on vintage Jawa figures?! I hope to inspect one of these in the future and feel the texture of the cape. Will it come with a bumpless blaster?

AGMB
06-26-2011, 11:27 AM
My comment(s) were not directed at any single member. I just think that with such a low edition size that 1 per membership is fair. Hopefully those that have more than one ordered will not be allowed to receive more than one so that others may pick one up. I've sent Greg a email about this and plan to do so until it is addressed or they ship out.

I went back and reread the email. Here is what it said...

"Pre-Orders are available to Premier Guild Members at this time. Please note that these exclusives are limited to one per customer, to allow as many collectors' to add these very limited pieces to their collections. By popular demand we have also added additional allocated pre-order inventory so more Premier Guild members are able to pre-order these exclusives. ALL duplicate orders will be canceled."

Of course I received this 2 days after they were listed on the site. I would not have known these were available had I not checked here. And even then I missed out.

Turbowars
06-26-2011, 01:35 PM

I went back and reread the email. Here is what it said...

"Pre-Orders are available to Premier Guild Members at this time. Please note that these exclusives are limited to one per customer, to allow as many collectors' to add these very limited pieces to their collections. By popular demand we have also added additional allocated pre-order inventory so more Premier Guild members are able to pre-order these exclusives. ALL duplicate orders will be canceled."

Of course I received this 2 days after they were listed on the site. I would not have known these were available had I not checked here. And even then I missed out.

I only ordered 1 of these, but I know a few ordered 2. The problem is that e-mail came out way after these went up for sale. It didn't state it was one per member on the site when most of us ordered. There's been plenty of times I and others didn't get what we wanted from GG.

Decepticon
06-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I too am in the market for one of these. If anyone orders and then has the oppportunity to pick another up, please let me know and I will happily take one off your hands. Will be patrolling ebay to look for the best deal i can unless i hear from a fellow scummer.

captainsolo
06-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Are they sold out now? Everytime i log back in it still says "add to cart", but im not going to take any chances doing that to check and see. I have my 1 ordered and im not even tempting it. I dont want to take any chances screwing my order up.

Jedi534
06-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Are they sold out now? Everytime i log back in it still says "add to cart", but im not going to take any chances doing that to check and see. I have my 1 ordered and im not even tempting it. I dont want to take any chances screwing my order up.

Only after you click the "Add To Cart" button does it say "Sold Out". They just like tugging at our emotions. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jason_West
06-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Posted on the Gentle Giant site:
Jawa Vinyl Cape SDCC Vintage Kenner 12" Figure
Regular Price: $70.00
PG Members Price: $70.00
No Longer Available for Pre-Order

jawascrump
06-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Was it really only 70 dollars? My god- I wonder what these will sell for on the secondary market? Really wanted one of these- but I won't pay hundreds of dollars- I might buy a jumbo obi wan and cut the cape to fit http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jawascrump
06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Out of interest when you preorder an item do Gentle Giant take the cash off you straight away or wait until its time to ship? Whats the ETA for shipping of the Jawa?

jedimasterc
06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I think they wait until the item ships.The Jawa won't ship until after Comic Con.Though I didn't pre order the SDCC and C5 exclsuvies last year.I was able to order them a week or so after both conventions.

justabigkid
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I believe GG states they will charge you when they are ready to be shipped and that won't happen probably for a few weeks after SDCC. Curious to see if these sell out at SDCC or if some will be left over.

Kimx
06-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm already seeing people list their "pre-orders" on Ebay for $150-200. Wonder what it'll realistically sell for in the secondary market after these sell out at SDCC and actually ship to people who ordered them through GG. These could end up going for almost the cost of a real vinyl caped Jawa (loose that is), which is just crazy!

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm already seeing people list their "pre-orders" on Ebay for $150-200. Wonder what it'll realistically sell for in the secondary market after these sell out at SDCC and actually ship to people who ordered them through GG. These could end up going for almost the cost of a real vinyl caped Jawa (loose that is), which is just crazy!

Depends really. I plan on adding one to my collection and don't care about resale but these are more limited than the Fett and Stormtrooper (1000 pcs vs 1500) which go for premiums. However, I'd think those two figures have a bigger demand than the Jawa as they are more popular/recognizable.

Id imagine they at least hit similar levels considering those two factors.

My friends already ogle my Fett that sits on the shelf so this should be an attention grabber as well.

captainsolo
06-29-2011, 11:34 AM

This is a bold statement.

I look everyday, yes everyday( i know, i have issues) for a loose REAL Vinyl Cape Jawa. They seem to be getting harder to come by. Well, for the price i want to pay. I have a 500 limit on this one and its beyond tough. Theres so many fakes out there. Im hesitant to buy from anyone, unless i know them on these boards or in my local SW club. Seems the only true/legit way to get a "real" one is to go the AFA route. Thats going to cost close to 1000.

So, i will be happy with my GG Vinyl one. Though, i will get one sometime. Hopefully loose and carded. I just have to stay the course. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GrandAdmiralJSK
06-29-2011, 07:09 PM
GG told me today that if they have any left after SDCC they will go online to the general public.

But, wouldn't they have to hold some back in order to do that? Seems last year they couldn't even meet the demand for the Fett/Stormie but somehow still put some online?

CaptainCargo
06-29-2011, 08:12 PM
GG told me today that if they have any left after SDCC they will go online to the general public.

But, wouldn't they have to hold some back in order to do that? Seems last year they couldn't even meet the demand for the Fett/Stormie but somehow still put some online?

Well I guess maybe they still haven't quite figured out how to handle distributing their product at conventions and freak out by calling security. That way they will shut things down and sell more to us online. (I am obviously talking about the total mess that was the theorectial CV 'exclusive'.

kingbrat
06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
i keep wanting to say that theyd have to completely screw things up in order to NOT sell out at SDCC....then I remember who Im talking about.

Jason_West
06-29-2011, 08:53 PM
If these do not sellout at SDCC, I would be VERY surprised. Hell, even the Dealers could not resist the mark-up value of this figure.I just want mine to arrive safely.. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarthTad
06-30-2011, 09:33 PM
I think they will definitely not all sell out at SDCC. I recently asked GG on their FB page whether or not we would get a credit for having to pay full shipping on each and every item since they make you buy one item at a time now. Their response was that even though I was ordering things at the same time, they wouldn't be shipping together. They said that in the case of SDCC stuff, the manufacturer sends some of the product directly to the con, and the rest to Gentle Giant.

So, essentially, I believe some of the "exclusives" don't even make it to the con. So they will absolutely have some to sell afterward. Kind of shady to me. What the hell is the point of a con "exclusive." if you can order it before, during, and afterward?

DarthTad
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I was able to find the exact conversation. Here it is, copied and pasted from FB:

Since we now have to complete orders one item at a time, will we get some sort of credit for having to pay the full shipping on each and every item, even though they will ship together?
June 25 at 9:55pm Like

Gentle Giant, Ltd. Hi Tad! Excellent question. The truth is, very rarely do items arrive at the same time. For example, pre-orders for our 2011 SDCC exclusives most likely won't ship out to collectors at the same time. We're having certain quantities of each of the busts for SDCC sent directly to San Diego from our manufacturers - enough to have on hand at the booth each day. The remaining balance of the editions are being sent to our shipping center to fill orders after the Con. However, since they're all coming from different manufacturing partners and being shipped at different times, it's incredibly unlikely that they're going to arrive at our shipping center at the same time. We'll start fulfilling orders for each piece as they arrive.
Monday at 10:59am Like
Tad Moore Right, but what if I order in stock items? I have to complete two transactions for two items, and the shipping is charged in full for each transaction. Do I get a credit then?
Monday at 1:30pm Like

Gentle Giant, Ltd. Hi Tad. Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, no. This is a side-effect of transitioning over to this model. Even if you're purchasing in-stock items, orders are currently limited to one line item each.

Turbowars
07-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Well I don't know who is more incompetent, the shipping company or the idiot that hired and still agrees to use them. I can't get an item in decent shape from GG. Greg WTF?????????????????????

kingbrat
07-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I was able to find the exact conversation. Here it is, copied and pasted from FB:

Since we now have to complete orders one item at a time, will we get some sort of credit for having to pay the full shipping on each and every item, even though they will ship together?
June 25 at 9:55pm Like

Gentle Giant, Ltd. Hi Tad! Excellent question. The truth is, very rarely do items arrive at the same time. For example, pre-orders for our 2011 SDCC exclusives most likely won't ship out to collectors at the same time. We're having certain quantities of each of the busts for SDCC sent directly to San Diego from our manufacturers - enough to have on hand at the booth each day. The remaining balance of the editions are being sent to our shipping center to fill orders after the Con. However, since they're all coming from different manufacturing partners and being shipped at different times, it's incredibly unlikely that they're going to arrive at our shipping center at the same time. We'll start fulfilling orders for each piece as they arrive.
Monday at 10:59am Like
Tad Moore Right, but what if I order in stock items? I have to complete two transactions for two items, and the shipping is charged in full for each transaction. Do I get a credit then?
Monday at 1:30pm Like

Gentle Giant, Ltd. Hi Tad. Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, no. This is a side-effect of transitioning over to this model. Even if you're purchasing in-stock items, orders are currently limited to one line item each.

far be it for me to defend GG, but doesnt it seem likely that the stock being shipped directly to GG instead of SDCC is what they put up for pre-order? Otherwise, they risk screwing up and selling items they already sold thru the PG...which would be one heckuva way to lose members/customers.

DarthTad
07-01-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't think that is the case. I think they always intend to sell additional exclusives online after the convention is over. Last year, at CV, I tried every day to get the Boba Fett, but they always stopped selling it for the day before I could get to the booth. But one of the reps there flat out told me there that they would start selling some online that day. So I literally got mine one night of CV, sitting on my friends couch with my laptop.

And at that point, I wasn't a PGM member. I just went to the site and added the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett to my cart and checked out. It was kind of nice the next day at CV, because I didn't have to screw around with trying to get the "exclusive" from Gentle Giant.

DarthTad
07-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Another interesting note, I was able to order the Stormtrooper at the same time. Which was supposedly the SDCC "exclusive" from a month before CV. So you know that they have a strategy to hold back a good amount of the exclusives to sell to the general public after the con.

In some respects it's cool, because then those that can't get to the con still have a chance to get the cool stuff. But on the other hand, it kind of seems like this strategy in some ways makes it harder for those that are actually going to the con and standing in line trying to get them.

Jason_West
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Talk about blatant hypocrisy from Gentle Giant. They have no problems canceling duplicate orders for the sake of SDCC, but not have enough on hand for the actual con? Even worse, they will hold some back to sale after SDCC? Talk about stupid and moronic at the same time. Up the orders to two per PGM members, then sell out at SDCC. Hmm, seems simple to me..

jedimasterc
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't think that is the case. I think they always intend to sell additional exclusives online after the convention is over. Last year, at CV, I tried every day to get the Boba Fett, but they always stopped selling it for the day before I could get to the booth. But one of the reps there flat out told me there that they would start selling some online that day. So I literally got mine one night of CV, sitting on my friends couch with my laptop.

And at that point, I wasn't a PGM member. I just went to the site and added the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett to my cart and checked out. It was kind of nice the next day at CV, because I didn't have to screw around with trying to get the "exclusive" from Gentle Giant.

Yeah,that's pretty much how I got both the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.I wasn't a PMG either.I got my Stormtrooper when I got back from CV.A week later I was able to get Boba Fett.I am glad too these are awseome figures.A bit pricey but awesome.

rnbuda
07-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Talk about blatant hypocrisy from Gentle Giant. They have no problems canceling duplicate orders for the sake of SDCC, but not have enough on hand for the actual con? Even worse, they will hold some back to sale after SDCC? Talk about stupid and moronic at the same time. Up the orders to two per PGM members, then sell out at SDCC. Hmm, seems simple to me..

I don't know I kinda agree with SDCC exclusive here. If they bring them to the Con they'll most likely fall into the hands of the scalpers and not to the true collectors...

Jedi534
07-01-2011, 11:21 PM

I don't know I kinda agree with SDCC exclusive here. If they bring them to the Con they'll most likely fall into the hands of the scalpers and not to the true collectors...

Well... whatever the outcome, I think most people agree that one per person is pretty fair. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

justabigkid
07-02-2011, 02:02 AM
I also think that GG didn't really know what to expect with the first 2 offerings. Now with several figures released they have a better idea how sales will be. If GG lets all the VC Jawas sell either thru the PGM or attendees at SDCC I'd be suprised to see any left over.

Turbowars
07-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Well... whatever the outcome, I think most people agree that one per person is pretty fair. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Depends who you are. I only want one of these, but I want 2 McSnowys. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gifIf the Snow was deluxe I would had bought one for each pose. Your lose GG.

Tweekem
07-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Hey Turbo.. I decided against getting the McBusts. If you want a second McSnowtrooper LMK via PM and I will preorder one for ya.

Robbygnz
07-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Yes... At 1,000, we'd be lucky if half were up for pre-order. I say more like 250-300.

did they post how many they made or are you just assuming 1000? link plz.

Jedi534
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM

did they post how many they made or are you just assuming 1000? link plz.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/sdcc80090.htm

trigger2k
07-03-2011, 07:29 AM
A seller on eBay had 6 of these listed when I checked last week for $125 each, "buy it now".

I knew it would be a hot item and was debating on whether or not to order one. I checked back a couple hours later the same day, and they only had one left. So, I snatched it up. I see that the others are going from $150-$200 as someone else said. Even with "best offers". $125 is obviously more than retail, but I think it was a good deal considering the average auction price. If she didn't offer them with a BIN they would have sold for more.

I can only imagine the value of these increasing since the small VCJ's are so saught after. I just hope mine doesn't come with a damaged package. The seller is pretty big so hopefully she knows how to handle these things...

Jason_West
07-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Personally, I do not think comparing these to the Vintage VC jawas is fair. The collecting community is dramatically different these days. Once SDCC is over and collectors receive theirs, the price might drop for a short while. These will never be truly rare or tough to find. They will be available on Ebay, but at an inflated price of course.

trigger2k
07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
We'll see what happens after the eBay scalpers unload all the ones they bought up and they're in the hands of real collectors.

Certain items in a line attract more attention than others. Once people who actually want these have them in hand, I imagine you won't see very many for sale. There are certain scarce Sideshow exclusives that rarely come up on eBay. I think this will be right up there.

Right now we're just looking at people who bought all they could under multiple accounts to make a profit. And they scored. This is one of those items that many collectors can't resist. Including me since it's the first 12" GG figure I bought and I paid more than retail...

jedimasterc
07-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I have always been familiar with the coth caped Jawa.I think when I bought the Guide to Star wars collectibles back in 1994 by Sansweet was when I head about they fabled Vinyl Jawa.Though it is a replica of the the Jawa back then it would made a good reference to it.

Andy
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
As a child, I grew up with the cloth cape, but my mother had the legendary Woman's Day Magazine (http://theswca.com/images-speci/womansday/) which showed the fantastic custom Star Wars playsets. The photos specifically showed the vinyl cape Jawa.

I would stare at this particular image forever:

http://theswca.com/images-speci/womansday/conveyor.jpg

Add up the $$$$ going down that conveyor belt!

IrishJedi
07-05-2011, 12:27 AM
What a great photo!

trigger2k
07-06-2011, 01:16 PM
That is an awesome pic!

I'm really excited about this figure and can't wait to get it. I was never crazy about the original Vader back in the day. He always looked out of proportion to the real character to me. Leia was ok, but this version comes yellowed already so I'll pass. Han was just terrible period. Same goes for the jumbo version. I can take or leave Luke and Chewy.

So far the only ones I care about getting are VCJ, the cloth cape Jawa, Ben, Tusken Raider, and Greedo and Hammerhead when they're available. I've only seen the prototypes of those, but they were two of my favorites as a kid. Getting a jumbo original version of Greedo and Hammerhead will be incredible.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/966/greedo.jpg

User897
07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I know what the answer is, but I gotta try....

If anyone can grab me one of these, please let me know.

tmlfan
07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
looks like some people have them in hand on ebay.. I am looking forward to seeing one in person.. also debating buying a second to open to display...

another thought I had was... how close are these to the original capes.. and could someone make a more convincing fake of the real VC jawa (and how many could you make from 1 cape http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif )

Glitch
07-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Carded pic from the floor (quite literally):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/6A50E83C8049451FBA25C6218DD0B534.jpg

SirTristram
07-21-2011, 12:46 PM
nice!

rnbuda
07-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Love the exclusive sticker! I wish they did something like that for Stormtrooper and Fett from last year!

jawascrump
07-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Thats a great touch http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks brilliant

Jason_West
07-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Carded pic from the floor (quite literally):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/6A50E83C8049451FBA25C6218DD0B534.jpg

Now that is what I AM talking about!! Absolutely, love it..

GGC
07-21-2011, 08:40 PM
In hand video - will open it tomorrow for close ups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHsGR1EufJ4

jimmii
07-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I can't wait to get mine! If Boba Fett is my #1, this jawa is #2.

jawascrump
07-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Awesome- is the blaster bumpless and is the cross hatching on the cape larger than the original (ie scaled up)? Or is the cross hatching the same as the original?
Can't wait to have one in hand

Kevin_Lentz
07-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Just curious from anyone with one in hand - is the sticker on the card or on the plastic? Thanks!

midnightmadman
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
It looks great but I wish they would have moved the SW logo and name badge to the middle where it should be(centered)- Instead they just used there old image file from the larger figures and left it to the right.

captainsolo
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Looks great. I cant wait to get mine.

User897
07-22-2011, 09:58 PM
GG hooked me up with a Vinyl Cape Jawa. They can't charge me until after the Con though, so that makes me kinda nervous. Do they have a good reputation for selling SDCC stuff for non-attendees?

Please someone let me know.

If all goes well, you bet I'm gonna display this bad boy with my Kenner one. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

trigger2k
07-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Looks awesome!

Question: Do they all come in that protective case?

I can't wait for mine to get here next week. Will anyone be removing theirs from the packaging to display?

GGC
07-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Just curious from anyone with one in hand - is the sticker on the card or on the plastic? Thanks!

It is on the card.

GGC
07-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Looks awesome!

Question: Do they all come in that protective case?

Yes, they all do.

They can be easily opened and put back together as well without harming the package. Very collector friendly.

jedimasterc
07-24-2011, 07:46 PM
I can't wait to get mine! If Boba Fett is my #1, this jawa is #2.

Yeah,same here buddy.

User897
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
GG hooked me up with a Vinyl Cape Jawa. They can't charge me until after the Con though, so that makes me kinda nervous. Do they have a good reputation for selling SDCC stuff for non-attendees?

If all goes well, you bet I'm gonna display this bad boy with my Kenner one. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AGMB
07-25-2011, 09:45 AM

Depends on who you ask. I had no problem with the Stormtrooper or Boba Fett last year. Keep looking here to see when people are getting theirs. If you don't have it within the week after people posting I would give them a call.

JediJones77
07-25-2011, 10:24 AM
How does User897 go from asking for the Jawa here on July 20th to saying Gentle Giant has "hooked him up" with one? Congrads to him but how can someone else like myself get the same hook-up?

tmlfan
07-25-2011, 10:31 AM
How does User897 go from asking for the Jawa here on July 20th to saying Gentle Giant has "hooked him up" with one? Congrads to him but how can someone else like myself get the same hook-up?

I bought a second one to display for $145 shipped off ebay, will probably get it faster than the GG one, it cost $130 from GG

OCWanKenobi
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM

I bought a second one to display for $145 shipped off ebay, will probably get it faster than the GG one, it cost $130 from GG

130 from GG? that doesn't sound right......

AGMB
07-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Unless tmlfan is talking about the figure plus the PG membership to order it online.

OCWanKenobi
07-25-2011, 11:58 AM
good point. the pgm now comes with a bust. how quickly we forget that before it came with a gift pack of simpsons bust-ups and a classics bust....... and before that nothing.

tmlfan
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM

Unless tmlfan is talking about the figure plus the PG membership to order it online.

Right, I didnt have a membership and wouldnt have bought one otherwise. so the full cost for me is $130 to get one.
GG was sold out when I decided to get a second

OCWanKenobi
07-25-2011, 06:38 PM
i'll pay you 40 dollars for the bikerscout free bust then if you want to say your price is 90 dollars for the jawa.

Jason_West
07-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Just curious, but does anyone know if these are completely sold out? I have been checking Gentle Giant's site, in case some trickled out.

tmlfan
07-26-2011, 06:05 AM
i'll pay you 40 dollars for the bikerscout free bust then if you want to say your price is 90 dollars for the jawa.

When I get it i will def sell it, I also forgot the shipping on the GG order, so its more than 130. I will check back and send you a PM then

AGMB
07-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Anyone know how well these sold at CC?

Tweekem
07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Sold out every day... fast too from what I was told.

Rhymenoceros
07-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Yep, sold out everyday by 11. I was fooled because last year the Stormtrooper was super easy to get.
Should have pre-ordered.

Jason_West
07-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I am not surprised these sold out each day and the 1000 production run seems to have been correct. Let me try some "fuzzy" math here.

100 sold each day at Comic Con (Four days) = 400
100 for Preview night = 100
Pre-order for PG Members = Unknown, but my guess would have been at least 400.

Based on the numbers above, that might leave 100 available in the next week or two. Of course, I can be wrong on the numbers above. Does anyone think GG will have any extras available?

trigger2k
07-26-2011, 08:30 PM
The eBay seller I bought mine from ordered 10 of these when GG had them for sale on their website, and she sold them for $50 more a piece than what she paid after they ran out. Isn't that scalping?

Anyway, this will be one of the only 12" jumbos I get so I guess it was worth it.

jawascrump
07-27-2011, 03:16 AM
When do you reckon these will ship? Any day now?

AGMB
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
The eBay seller I bought mine from ordered 10 of these when GG had them for sale on their website, and she sold them for $50 more a piece than what she paid after they ran out. Isn't that scalping?

Anyway, this will be one of the only 12" jumbos I get so I guess it was worth it.

Unless she had 10 Premium Guild Memberships she only was able to order 1. I would check to see you are getting what you hope you are getting.

OCWanKenobi
07-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Unless she had 10 Premium Guild Memberships she only was able to order 1. I would check to see you are getting what you hope you are getting.

ebay scalpers probably have their employees sign up all as pgm, buy all the jawas, nevilles, deadpools, and still get the free bust to boot. its not something a lot of us like, but it seems pretty foolproof profitable.

Turbowars
07-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Got a email saying the Jawa will be processing tomorrow.

jedimasterc
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I got that to.

Jason_West
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Sweet, I received the same e-mail. Looking forward to this bad boy arriving. I just need to clear some space. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JustinL
07-27-2011, 08:42 PM

+1. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Glitch
07-27-2011, 11:14 PM

Same here. Did you even try to get one at SDCC?

Turbowars
07-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah I tried. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

User897
07-27-2011, 11:44 PM
I got the email too! I can't wait to display this next to my Kenner one. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

trigger2k
07-28-2011, 01:24 PM

ebay scalpers probably have their employees sign up all as pgm, buy all the jawas, nevilles, deadpools, and still get the free bust to boot. its not something a lot of us like, but it seems pretty foolproof profitable.

Yeah, she's a pretty big toy seller on eBay with good feedback. Where there's a will to scalp there's a way. And she offered them all with a buy it now cheaper than the rest are going for. They sold fast.

waboritas
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
They hit my CC today.

Glitch
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah I tried. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice!

Congrats.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Turbowars
07-28-2011, 11:19 PM
My card was charged today. I really wish the shipping dept was on the ball as much as they are with charging my card..............

jimmii
07-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Me too!

utiniii!!!!!

jedimasterc
07-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Got my shipping Confirmation this morning.

Turbowars
07-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Yeah mine will be here early next week.

Glitch
07-30-2011, 04:53 PM

Got mine too, but it was shipped UPS when I specifically set it to, and paid more to, have it sent USPS. UPS blows. I can't think of the last thing I've received from them that wasn't damaged.

Anyway, prepare for my "look how much UPS thrashed my Jawa" post next week.

jedimasterc
07-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I must have been blessed.the othe 3 figures I got from GG have come in great shape.

Turbowars
07-30-2011, 05:10 PM

Got mine too, but it was shipped UPS when I specifically set it to, and paid more to, have it sent USPS. UPS blows. I can't think of the last thing I've received from them that wasn't damaged.

Anyway, prepare for my "look how much UPS thrashed my Jawa" post next week.

Hey I'm happy you said something because they did the same thing to me. I even talked to Greg about doing this and here we are. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif GG's shipping department is very unprofessional. I have had nothing but problems at this end of getting my stuff.

BlueSnaggletooth
07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Same here. I selected "USPS Priority" and my vinyl Jawa (and Baby Doll bust) shipped UPS instead.

Not happy...

-Snags

User897
07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow. Well, all we can do is pray and keep our fingers and toes crossed for each other. The Jumbo Darth Vader I ordered from them arrived in great shape and was well packed, so I'm believing my Jawa will be treated the same. I'm curious though, my shipping speed says "UPS Ground", but I didn't receive a shipping notice or a tracking number.

captainsolo
07-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I have it coming UPS as well. You guys have me a little concerned.

I have noticed that their shipping and processing dept does seem to suck.

I ordered the Jumbo Big Head Solo with my 30 dollar gift card over a month ago and i have seen nothing. I even e-mailed them and not a thing. Very unprofessional. Makes me realize why i quit collectiing the Mini Busts.

They are lucky they got the license or came up with the idea to produce these Jumbo figs. In my opinion, Its the only thing keeping them in the "game". SS is totally destroying them and will eventually put them out of buisness. Unless they change their buisness methods

Glitch
07-30-2011, 09:27 PM
While it sucks that I'm not alone on the shipping issue, I was beginning to think it might have been something wrong I did on my end when I placed the order.

After what UPS did with my Fett, they had better have a replacement ready to go for me on this one.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/3-1.jpg

User897
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Zoinks! Sorry to see that, Glitch. If I had a nickel for every box that both USPS and UPS have smashed, just in the past year....

trigger2k
07-31-2011, 07:23 AM
UPS really is the worst. I often hear them throwing packages on my front porch. One day I went out to yell at the driver but he was pulling off.

FedEx packages have always come in good condition and I don't recall ever hearing them throw the package down.

mjb
07-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Ups is awful, they charged me a 100.00 to ship the sdcc exclusive star scream and voltron, because of the shape of the box. It wasn t that big. Have had cheaper shipping from Japan. So irritated threw the box in storage and have not even opened it.

AGMB
07-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Many years ago I got hired by UPS to load trucks around the holidays. One of the first things they "taught" me was to not allow an inch of room between boxes. If there was a 5 inch gap at the top of the truck and I had a 6 inch box...guess what? Most people loading trucks didn't give a rats butt for the word fragile. I never ship with them today.

AGMB
07-31-2011, 07:48 PM
While it sucks that I'm not alone on the shipping issue, I was beginning to think it might have been something wrong I did on my end when I placed the order.

After what UPS did with my Fett, they had better have a replacement ready to go for me on this one.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/3-1.jpg

Please tell me that is NOT your Jawa. After the issues GG has had with UPS shipping you would think that they would stop giving them their business. Now I am little worried.

BlueSnaggletooth
07-31-2011, 10:15 PM
UPS sucks.

-Snags

User897
08-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Personally, I believe ALL the carriers suck these days. I read all the stories, and unfortunately they vary as much as anything. In my area, FedEx has NOT gotten a package to me on time in SEVEN YEARS. UPS arrives on time, usually right before the "panic button" is pressed and the box condition varies, and USPS loves a good match of Rugby with the boxes before I get them. They even managed to smash the box containing my Diabetic supplies!

People just don't shive a git anymore, and they have a "they don't pay me enough for this" attitude. Just a sign of the times. I remember a time when, if someone isn't satisfied with a package, both the sender and the carrier fell all over themselves trying to make it right. Not anymore.

Pepper
08-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Has anyone else gotten a "non-working" tracking number? My tracking info still reads:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated"

Jedi534
08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Has anyone else gotten a "non-working" tracking number? My tracking info still reads:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated"

That's because UPS doesn't have it yet as it's still sitting in GG's shipping dept. It will change to "in route" probably sometime after 6-7pm tonight. No one can ship something out on a Friday and expect anything to happen until Monday at best. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

trigger2k
08-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Personally, I believe ALL the carriers suck these days. I read all the stories, and unfortunately they vary as much as anything. In my area, FedEx has NOT gotten a package to me on time in SEVEN YEARS. UPS arrives on time, usually right before the "panic button" is pressed and the box condition varies, and USPS loves a good match of Rugby with the boxes before I get them. They even managed to smash the box containing my Diabetic supplies!

People just don't shive a git anymore, and they have a "they don't pay me enough for this" attitude. Just a sign of the times. I remember a time when, if someone isn't satisfied with a package, both the sender and the carrier fell all over themselves trying to make it right. Not anymore.

I agree with most carriers not giving a ****. But really, for what they do, they're making decent money. With no college education required it's quite a step up from flipping burgers. They should respect their jobs enough to take care of our packages.

And I've always gotten my FedEx packages on time personally. But I have had the delivery status on UPS packages that had to be signed for changed to the next day because I "wasn't home", even when I was. They just didn't get to my house on schedule for whatever and claimed I wasn't there so it wouldn't fall back on them. I know for a fact they weren't there, because when I have to sign for something I make sure I'm home. But they lie and say otherwise.

I hate UPS.

User897
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Yep. It's been done to me numerous times, only it was FedEx that did it mostly. It just varies by region.

I still don't have a tracking number, so I have emailed them.

captainsolo
08-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Let us know if they respond to the e-mail. I sent them one over 10 days ago. Concerning something i ordered a month ago and i have heard nothing. Not a peep.

drmdns
08-02-2011, 07:37 PM
My Vinyl Cape Jawa was waiting for me at home this afternoon. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Surprisingly well packaged. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jason_West
08-02-2011, 09:42 PM
I am still waiting for my two to arrive. Gentle Giant did not cancel my duplicate order. Guess I should have kept my third.. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

User897
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
No reply to my email asking for the tracking number. I will email all the addresses at GG that I have tonight.

DarthBeek
08-03-2011, 01:17 AM
No reply to my email asking for the tracking number. I will email all the addresses at GG that I have tonight.

Call them and ask for CS. I don't bother with email anymore...

Obi_Wan_Jabroni
08-03-2011, 02:38 AM
I called Gentle Giant yesterday regarding my shipment because my card was charged last week and I still have not received my tracking number. The person told me they are waiting for a delivery of shipping boxes that will fit the jumbo figures. He said they should ship by Thursday.

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
08-03-2011, 03:49 AM
Had my tracking number yesterday. Actually they sent it twice so I'd better not be getting two!

JustinL
08-03-2011, 06:15 AM
The person told me they are waiting for a delivery of shipping boxes that will fit the jumbo figures.

Hopefully this means they have switched from the boxes they have been using for the Jumbo figures and are going with a box that can better protect our figures.

Turbowars
08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
The person told me they are waiting for a delivery of shipping boxes that will fit the jumbo figures.

Hopefully this means they have switched from the boxes they have been using for the Jumbo figures and are going with a box that can better protect our figures.

I doubt that. I got mine today in the same old box, but the Jawa is perfect MOMC! Now if that happened all the time Greg wouldn't be bothered by my e-mails on replacements.

What needs to be done here is they need to pack with bubble wrap because it has some give and the box needs to be about 2 inches bigger in all 3 dimensions. Carded figure should be shipped in a poly bag as well to avoid scratches.

User897
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
What the hell is it with these people? I just now got an email from them with my UPS tracking number. The label was JUST CREATED TODAY, but they charged my card on 7/28. WTF? I thought it was already on the way. Sheesh, I'm not used to that from a company that does so much online business.

GrandAdmiralJSK
08-03-2011, 11:34 PM
What the hell is it with these people? I just now got an email from them with my UPS tracking number. The label was JUST CREATED TODAY, but they charged my card on 7/28. WTF? I thought it was already on the way. Sheesh, I'm not used to that from a company that does so much online business.

I am getting one from barenakedleia_s and has told me pretty much the same thing. My label was made on the the 28th and we still don't have a shipping notice as of today. Kind of annoying.

DarthBeek
08-03-2011, 11:42 PM

Heh...new to GG eh?

User897
08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Heh...new to GG eh?

Yeah, fairly new. I have only dealt with them once before, and that was for the Darth Vader jumbo figure. That transaction was swift and had no problems. Oh well.

Jason_West
08-04-2011, 06:41 AM
My tracking numbers were updated as well. Looking forward to them landing on my door. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JustinL
08-04-2011, 08:03 AM
My tracking numbers were updated as well.

Same here. I'm scheduled for delivery on Monday.

captainsolo
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I know mine is on the way, but i dont even look at their shipping notices anymore. As long as i get ALL my orders, Im cool with it.

I've just come to expect that they suck at anything customer related... Though, i guess im to blame. I keep buying their product. I guess that makes me the fool http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

User897
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Monday the 8th can't come fast enough!

Glitch
08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Got my big Mr. J today! Despite my fears, he arrived in PERFECT condition.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo-9.jpg

That said, I'm still going to call GG to ensure that all my shipping is handled through USPS from here on out. You know, like I paid extra for?

Fuzz_Ball
08-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Got my two little vinyl cape desart scavengers today and arrived in good condition. Never had condition issues with GG/UPS thus far... Knock on wood http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

All I can say is Utini!

Jason_West
08-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Very nice and happy the figure arrived in good condition. Both of mine are scheduled to arrive on Monday.

I have been watching Ebay over the last month. Roughly 120 or so have been sold, but the number of new listings have declined over the last week. Will these be harder to find as time goes on or will more pop-up when more collectors receive them from GG? Any opinions?

trigger2k
08-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I imagine some people will be selling their extras, but I can't imagine many real collectors getting rid of theirs any time soon. They look too cool.

User897
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Indeed. I am getting just one, and I am keeping it.

Glitch
08-04-2011, 09:48 PM
One thing I was hoping was that the sticker was on the bubble rather than the actual card. I don't like it and want to take it off, but I'm not sure I want to open it to do so.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Turbowars
08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Funny I thought the sticker was a great idea. More Vintage charm.

BlueSnaggletooth
08-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Agreed - the sticker is great.

-Snags

Glitch
08-04-2011, 11:42 PM

It would be if the vintage figure had it, but I think it just clutters up the clean vintage card graphics. It's too distracting, so I'm going in for the removal.

Jedi534
08-05-2011, 12:04 AM

It would be if the vintage figure had it, but I think it just clutters up the clean vintage card graphics. It's too distracting, so I'm going in for the removal.

I'd re-think that as the Cloth Jawa will be clean...

Glitch
08-05-2011, 12:20 AM

I'd re-think that as the Cloth Jawa will be clean...

I couldn't care less about resale value or whether or not it's exclusive - I removed the ESB 30th Anniversary sticker from my Jumbo Fett. I yank the ugly stickers off of all my neo-vintage boxed and carded Star Wars things. If it wasn't on the original, I just don't want it.

Like I said, they're just ugly and graphically distracting from the overall appearance, IMO.

OCWanKenobi
08-05-2011, 01:04 AM
i like the sticker.

Dax
08-05-2011, 01:07 AM
I agree that I generally prefer the clean card look with the maximum image showing, however these types of offers were printed and stuck on vintage cardbacks so they are representative of the era. Personally I'll end up buying both versions of the Jawa so it's a simple case of swapping out one cardback for the other as preferred. That way you've always got the option of with or without. Alternately, depending on how robust the stickers are, you might be able to peel it off the card and reattach it to the bubble for the best of both worlds.

Oh, and for those worried about resale value, in 10 years time nobody will be interested in these so stress less and enjoy your collectibles http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

captainsolo
08-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Indeed. I am getting just one, and I am keeping it.

Agreed. I could care less about what a resale value will be.

Also, i did recieve mine today and its it very good shape. A couple slight dings/dents in the bottom lower corner of the bubble. Though, i expect no dings or dents from any one. Its not like its a REAL Vinyl Cape Jawa

Hmmm.. It kind of chaps my a__. Seems their total service is a big waste.

SirTristram
08-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I just received mine today...Via UPS.....Perfect condition! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jedimasterc
08-05-2011, 06:00 PM
got mint today.Haven't been able to check it out but the box looks like its in good shape.

Turbowars
08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I care about the resale value. Sometimes crap happens and you need to let some stuff go. I want my stuff to retain the value + some.

About the stickers, yeah sure they were on some of the vintage, but it's not like these are 100% true to the Vintage anyways. I thought it was cool they used a Vintage like sticker instead of the sticker on the Fett and Stormy.

ukepicker
08-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Just got mine today via UPS in stellar condition. This is my first jumbo vintage figure. I knew the figure itself was big but didn't realize the cardback was also huge. Its very cool. This and the McSnowy make the PGM totally worth it for me. Now to track down an original VCJ to go with this http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

OCWanKenobi
08-06-2011, 07:03 AM
got mint today.Haven't been able to check it out but the box looks like its in good shape.

"got mint today"
a little subconscious optimism jedi.....

jedimasterc
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Just check mine out early this morning.It came in fabulous shape.Hey a little optimism never hurts.The is great looking figue that GG has done.Next to Boba Fett of course. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PANTHER96
08-08-2011, 05:35 AM
I have not gotten anything from GG about the Jawa other than my card being charged... the website is not updated , no tracking number, no freaking nothing. I paid for USPS shipping and it better arrive by USPS... I am so glad all of this was fixed when they updated their site...whatever..

PANTHER96
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
go figure it was my jawa that arrived all nice and purty like. well I guess my rant should go to the McQ snowie thread. but it still arrived by UPS not USPS.. so they owe me some $$