PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends 2011

R2SG
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Guys! Anyone going this year? I am going the first weekend. So syked for the new ride. It's gonna be crazy busy, but well worth the wait it the lines. Plus this year Anthony Daniels is the there the 1st and 2nd weekend. Always wanted to meet him. Will be a great time... Will be very hot, but a good time.

kenbenobi
02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey Guys! Anyone going this year? I am going the first weekend. So syked for the new ride. It's gonna be crazy busy, but well worth the wait it the lines. Plus this year Anthony Daniels is the there the 1st and 2nd weekend. Always wanted to meet him. Will be a great time... Will be very hot, but a good time.

Is the ride premiering that first weekend, or before then? I know Lucas was out there last week taking it for a spin, so it probably opens earlier. But it would be cool if you get to go on the ride the very first day it opens... I would love to go again (only went once ever), but I can't fit it in... Maybe next year...
I wonder when the other Disney locations will re-vamp Star Tours. AFAIK, only Florida has closed the original ride.

Here are some pics I took of Star Tours at Tokyo Disneyland (pics 16-25). Pics 26-27 are also SW related, but not from Japan. I tried to take pictures only of things that were different from CA or FL, since my camera was almost out of space on the memory card. I wish I could have taken more! This is pic 16, click the arrow forward to see the rest. Pics 1-15 are from Tokyo Disneyland (mainly from It's a Small World, which is very different there), but are not SW related.
https://picasaweb.google.com/kenbenobi/DisneyJapanStarToursExhibit#5271594532886602322

R2SG
02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
The ride opens on Friday, May 20th, the first day of the 2011 Star wars weekends. Might be able to ride it sooner since our family are disney vacation club members. Not sure. THe disneyland and disney world rides are being revamped. Not sure about the rest of the world. Nice pics! Do you think it is worth it to go to Tokyo Disneyland? It's on my "Bucket List." I would like to go there if its worth the trip.

kenbenobi
02-16-2011, 09:59 PM
The ride opens on Friday, May 20th, the first day of the 2011 Star wars weekends. Might be able to ride it sooner since our family are disney vacation club members. Not sure. THe disneyland and disney world rides are being revamped. Not sure about the rest of the world. Nice pics! Do you think it is worth it to go to Tokyo Disneyland? It's on my "Bucket List." I would like to go there if its worth the trip.

I wouldn't go to Tokyo just for Disney, but I do think Tokyo makes for a great vacation, and it is a very cool Disneyland. I happened to go on the very last day of Sleeping Beauty's castle tour. It is an attraction inside and underneath the castle, with the dragon and other stuff, with actors acting things out and saving us from the dragon. Apparently Tokyo was the only place which had that attraction. It was really neat, but completely in Japanese, so I didn't understand a damn thing they were saying. In fact, I couldn't find ANY staff at Tokyo Disneyland who spoke English at all.

For going on the very last day, they gave everyone who went on the tour a special commemorative medal.

If you do end up going, let me know. There is an area in Tokyo with a hidden shopping mall above the streets with TONS of collector stores. It isn't a normal mall. There aren't any normal stores. It is 95% collector shops. I spent a LOT of money in that mall. I don't remember what it is called off-hand, but I'll search through my stuff if you, or anyone else here, ends up going to Tokyo.

kenbenobi
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I was just reading about Star Tours and Disney Weekends this year. No new Disney Racers, and no new figures (of Disney characters as SW characters). But there are two battle packs of SW figures, one of which is very nice! I'm sure you've seen picks on the main page.

Here is some info on Star Tours itself:
This Star Tours takes place before the Star Tours that you once knew. It will be amazing!! Check out this article by Tom Fitzgerald regarding the destinations: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/star-tours-where-in-the-galaxy-are-we-going/

R2SG
04-26-2011, 10:45 PM
They haven't released everything yet. I am sure there will be a TON of stuff yet.
There is a very cool Holographic Stitch as yoda in that normal figure size they are releasing. A special edition one! Very exicted for this year. Rumors are that Lucas will be there! 21 days until I leave!

kenbenobi
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
They haven't released everything yet. I am sure there will be a TON of stuff yet.
There is a very cool Holographic Stitch as yoda in that normal figure size they are releasing. A special edition one! Very exicted for this year. Rumors are that Lucas will be there! 21 days until I leave!

I was reading a Q&A with a Disney rep, and they stated there is not going to be a new series of Racers and Figures this year. They probably weren't including that limited edition figure, since it isn't part of a new series. I certainly hope they were wrong, but I'm just reporting what I read...