PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Greedo Action Figure

trigger2k
01-26-2011, 03:16 PM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/966/greedo.jpg

On the bottom left by Hammer Head.

He was one of my favorites as a kid. Can't wait for this one!

Juggernaut
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Am I wrong, or does Chewie look too short?

SirTristram
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Hmm...I didn't even realize that they already have 8 of them either released or up for order....Only 7 or 8 more left of the first batch.
I wonder how many they will produce. Personally, I hope this line is SHORT!
No more after this....or only a few. Too expensive for what they are!

Neo_242
02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I still think it's great to own your favorite vintage figure in 12" format, but the concept behind the line is just weird. What's the point in scaling up old figures that weren't extremely detailed, and charge prices that are in the same price as very detailed modern figures that there went hours of sculpting into. It's really strange...

If there are 3 figures I'll pick up if I have the chanche, it's Boba Fett, Darth Vader and an Imperial Dignitary if they finish the line (seriously http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Glitch
07-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Greed(o) is good.

Ordered mine last night!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

trigger2k
07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
I still think it's great to own your favorite vintage figure in 12" format, but the concept behind the line is just weird. What's the point in scaling up old figures that weren't extremely detailed, and charge prices that are in the same price as very detailed modern figures that there went hours of sculpting into. It's really strange...

The bottom line? Nostalgia sells. BIG time. People want to relive their childhood in one way or another. It's the reason why they released the old G1 Transformers sculpts again.

I really like this line, but I'm limiting myself to only the figures I really liked as a kid. Greedo is one of them. I used to carry him around in my pocket. Also Jawa, Tusken Raider, and Hammerhead when they're released. I don't care much about the others. I was always more into the aliens since the human sculpts were pretty bad back in the day.

Pvt_Party
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Has anyone else ordered the Greedo figure? I pre-ordered mine back in July last year. At that time GG said he'd be shipped in February. Last week I got curious and sent an email to customer service. They replied back that Greedo is due out in the "second quarter" of 2012.

I've scoured the web and can find no mention of Greedo's release date pushing back to April-July timeframe for this year. When I asked customer service to clarify that they did indeed mean April-July of 2012, I got a reply from marketing (??) saying that was indeed the case. No reason was ever given why the dates changed.

Anyone else hear about this?

drmdns
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Standard to have delays in product from GG. B) Do you collect anything else from GG besides the 12" figures?

Tweekem
02-24-2012, 02:55 PM
This stinks for my display but works out ok for my wallet.

AaylaSecurasMan
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
EE has a date of July

Star Wars Greedo Jumbo Vintage Kenner Action Figure - Gentle Giant - Star Wars - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE80089)

Pvt_Party
02-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Standard to have delays in product from GG. B) Do you collect anything else from GG besides the 12" figures?

I have a few things, but this is my first pre-order. Didn't realize this was a regular thing with them. Preparing to chill TFO. B)

Ty
04-27-2012, 04:56 PM
If sideshow ever gets around to producing a 12" Ponda Baba and red Snaggletooth then I'll get GG's Cantina 4 as well as Sideshows.. Its a pretty decent chunk of change, so I think I'll have to wait till all 8 are out before taking the plunge..

Kevin_Lentz
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
If sideshow ever gets around to producing a 12" Ponda Baba and red Snaggletooth then I'll get GG's Cantina 4 as well as Sideshows.. Its a pretty decent chunk of change, so I think I'll have to wait till all 8 are out before taking the plunge..

Who's Ponda Baba? B) Can't generally stand the neo names, but that one's among the worst. To paraphrase Billy Joel, he'll always be Walrus Man to me.

litofett
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Are they planning to do all of them? That's where the plastic for more 3.75" figures is going!

ramy
08-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Anyone hear when this might be released?

I can't believe there wasn't already a thread for this.

Kaneda_01
09-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Anyone hear when this might be released?

I can't believe there wasn't already a thread for this.

Posted on GG's website this afternoon...

"Arriving in the next 30 days!

Hey folks! Some of you have asked for a further breakdown of our arrival schedule, specifically about what’s arriving this month. Well, here you go! =D

Nien Nunb Mini Bust (shipped last week)
AFX Exclusive Imperial Gunner Mini Bust
Diamond Exclusive Red Hulk Mini Bust
Watto Mini Bust
Sucker Punch WWI German Zombie Statue
Sucker Punch Rocket Statue
Jumbo Vintage Kenner Greedo 12” Figure"

POTAFAN
09-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Just received word that Gentle Giant is shipping Greedo on 18, September 2012.

BlueSnaggletooth
09-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Just received word that Gentle Giant is shipping Greedo on 18, September 2012.

Same here. Good times ahead...

-Snags

Kaneda_01
09-15-2012, 09:05 AM
+1... can't wait to add this one to the collection!! Wonder who will be next? :grin:

John_Solo
09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Greedo is hands down one of my favorite Kenner pieces. Can't wait for him to show up in the next few weeks.

BlueSnag
09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Seems like they are starting to crank these out with some regularity now -

Wonder who is going up for pre order next or will they wait until they released most of wait has been pre ordered to date

ramy
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
I hope they wait until they release the backlog of ones they have already had for preorder.

AaylaSecurasMan
09-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Wonder who is going up for pre order next or will they wait until they released most of wait has been pre ordered to date

I am hoping is X-Wing Pilot Luke!

Zepp_Head
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Just got my shipping notice! :) And I'm so glad I came here to post this or else I wouldnt have seen the news about the Cantina and Rocket Fett pre-orders!

McCsith
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Excited! Just got my shipping notice for Greedo and preordered rocket boba and the Catina diorama.

Turbowars
09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Can't wait to get this one. Too much coming at the same time from GG.

BlueSnag
09-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Just got my shipping notice! :) And I'm so glad I came here to post this or else I wouldnt have seen the news about the Cantina and Rocket Fett pre-orders!

Getting mine from EE, so probably have another couple of weeks before I get mine

captainsolo
09-21-2012, 06:18 AM
I pre-ordered this one from Razors. I am looking forward to it. That being said: When ever it ships, it ships. Im not one of those guys that has to have his stuff ASAP. One thing ive learned being a SW collector is patience is a virtue. Mike is a stand up-great guy and he provides great service.

ramy
09-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I pre-ordered this one from Razors. I am looking forward to it. That being said: When ever it ships, it ships. Im not one of those guys that has to have his stuff ASAP. One thing ive learned being a SW collector is patience is a virtue. Mike is a stand up-great guy and he provides great service.

I have bought almost all my figures from them.

Glitch
09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Greedo arrived this morning. Haven't had time to open it, but the box was on the front porch when I got back from my morning surf.

John_Solo
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Greedo arrived this morning. Haven't had time to open it, but the box was on the front porch when I got back from my morning surf.

I hate you for two reasons right now:

1. You got your Greedo before me
2. You get to go surfing in the AM

Glitch
09-24-2012, 06:55 PM
I hate you for two reasons right now:

1. You got your Greedo before me
2. You get to go surfing in the AM

It's not as good as it sounds. As you can see, I'll be the first to go when it all turns to Waterworld. That said, my weaponized jet ski is ready, and I've invested heavily in dirt.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo-32.jpg

Anyway, here is Greedo. He's OK. MUCH better than Snaggletooth, Lando and R5 - which all sucked, IMO. That said, he's got these ridiculously shiny hands for...whatever reason.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/Greedo.jpg

Kaneda_01
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Here's mine... however his eyes are painted incorrectly... as a result Greedo is staring up? I sent GG customer service an email to get a replacement... other than the eyes... really like this figures as he was one of my favorites growing up. :O)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/2012-09-24_21-11-59_233.jpg

Glitch
09-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Here's mine... however his eyes are painted incorrectly... as a result Greedo is staring up? I sent GG customer service an email to get a replacement... other than the eyes... really like this figures as he was one of my favorites growing up. :O)

His eyes actually are painted correctly. The white dots aren't intended to represent pupils, but rather light reflecting off of the blue domes.

Kaneda_01
09-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Opps! Thanks for the heads up... took a second look at GG's website and it looks like I have a non-issue. LOL! :)

Turbowars
09-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Got greedo today as well. I'm diggn it.

plasticlab
09-25-2012, 06:52 PM

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/2012-09-24_21-11-59_233.jpg

is it just me, or does he seem a lot taller than Fett and Lando?
Thinking a scale problem like blue Snagg.

JoeCardone
09-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Every one seems to be getting a little bigger than the last. Yak Face should be around 2 feet when the line is complete :) Look at it this way - we are getting more for our money!!

John_Solo
09-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Got mine today. I feel like the head is too small.

BlueSnag
09-26-2012, 07:19 AM
WOW

You actually opened the Fett. Good for you.

I know they are relatively easy to re seal, but for someone reason I have been holding out to open the Fett

rnbuda
09-26-2012, 01:13 PM
It's not as good as it sounds. As you can see, I'll be the first to go when it all turns to Waterworld. That said, my weaponized jet ski is ready, and I've invested heavily in dirt.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo-32.jpg

Anyway, here is Greedo. He's OK. MUCH better than Snaggletooth, Lando and R5 - which all sucked, IMO. That said, he's got these ridiculously shiny hands for...whatever reason.

JEALOUS! Greedo came out very well too!

Glitch
09-26-2012, 05:24 PM
is it just me, or does he seem a lot taller than Fett and Lando?
Thinking a scale problem like blue Snagg.

That's my main problem with this line - the scale is ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! I just don't know what's going through the head of the person managing this line. It's just complete idiocracy (not to be confused with the awesome movie).

Han and Leia are almost the same size, as are Chewbacca and blue Snaggletooth. What's really scary is look at the Walrusman figure standing next to Greedo (who's already bigger than he should be) in this pic.. He's ****ing HUGE!!!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/966/greedo.jpg

How difficult is it to scan and output these things all at the exact same scale? Answer: not very. They have to be actively go out of their way to screw these things up.

:(

BlueSnaggletooth
09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Got my Greedo today. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think GG took a shortcut on the back of Greedo's head. Going to take a closer look at the real vintage figure and report back shortly...

-Snags

BlueSnaggletooth
09-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Got my Greedo today. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think GG took a shortcut on the back of Greedo's head. Going to take a closer look at the real vintage figure and report back shortly...

-Snags

False alarm. The back of the heads match up pretty well.

-Snags

plasticlab
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Can you post a pic of him beside Blue Snagg for size comparison.
The blue Snagg being over-sized isn't really a big deal, maybe he was a huge alien..?
I didn't see him in the movie and being Canadian never had or saw the figure as a kid.
But, If Greedo is big that means the whole line is getting screwed up.
How big will IG88 be I wonder? As a kid I always had trouble with Vader being as tall as Chewie so this could get ugly for me...

ramy
10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Got my shipping notice from Razor's Edge. Should have it Wednesday.

captainsolo
10-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Got mine and it looks good. Didnt really compare the size of him to the others yet. I need to do that here soon.

Kevin_Lentz
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Greedo is a definite win for me. Nice to see them get one so right.

GGC
11-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Very pleased with this guy! Finally got a chance to open him - Star Wars Gentle Giant Vintage 12" Greedo Review - YouTube (http://youtu.be/FcblXPkzZwM)

AussieFortuna
01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Just got this guy and along with blue snag this is my fav figure, it displays great.
Contrary to what a few have said the head is the perfect size, i love the glossy hands, well done GG just a fantastic piece, looks amazing, and a must have for jumbo collectors.

AussieFortuna
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Just pulled my Greedo out of the box for the first time, and WOW, for me this is the best jumbo that ive seen on display loose.
This guy looks comical, the lime Green is so cool, the horizontal stripes on his suit, shiny hands, gun fits snug, head and eyes look hillarious and his lil antena's look great, its a simple figure but the small details come out, he could even look better in the 12'' than his original 3'3/4 size.
The impact he has put on my loose collection of Kenner is sweet, im gonna track another down so i can display one loose and carded, lol, anyway just wanted to share my jumbo excitement with yall..:)

Kaneda_01
04-18-2013, 05:43 PM
They are all much better out of their clam shells... IMHO. Especially the figures with capes as they tend to stick to the figure... my sand person lost paint on his cape as i was peeling the cape away from the figure. :0(