PDA

View Full Version : New and Old CW, Vintage, Star Tours at Fair Prices

LightSword
01-07-2011, 06:24 AM
=========== NEW and OLD CLONE WARS, VINTAGE, LEGACY, STAR TOURS and MORE ==========
.................................................. ................... My Trade Feedback (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4425670&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=#Post4425670) .................................................. ..............

First things first:

* DISCLAIMER:

Each figure I offer is near mint condition or as described next to it. I've been collecting for over 20 years and I'm experienced with card condition, packaging and mailing. I pack with care, over a soft surface and use extreme caution to protect your items, placing them not in envelopes or flimsy boxes but rather in sturdy boxes in an array of sizes.

Damage and/or loss that might occur to a parcel while in transit to its destination, is not my responsibility. Once a parcel has been dropped at the post office, the handling and condition of the contents become the responsibility of the Post Office, not mine. Anyone looking for compensation in case of damage or loss should request and pay for insurance prior to the shipping of the given item. It is encouraged to check out feedback references before entering into a transaction or trade. You can find my Trade Feedback by clicking on the link provided under the title of this post as well as the link under my signature.

* NOTE: Due to increased gas prices, I cannot be driving to the post office to get a shipping quote for just one figure. Therefore, I can only accept requests for two items or more. Thank you for understanding.

=========== QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS==========

* I've collected some of the many PMs I've received throughout the time I've been here and wanted to clear out some comments made as well as offer an answer to these folks and other inquirers:

1- Q: Just wondering how long a PM takes to get replied to? Thanks

A: PMs get replied in the order they are received. Eventually I'll get to yours. Please, remember I help during my spare time. At times there might be some delay getting back to you because of everyday life and family in general. I can't spend every waking hour tending to this site. Lastly, if you do not hear from me, feel free to write again. As many members know, PMs DO get eaten by the system sometimes thus you might need to resend your message. Please be patient.

2- Q: Sometimes I see you have something then 2 hours later is gone or I've asked you and while it still shows on your list you tell me you no longer have it. What gives?

A: I don't have the means to buy in volume and I'm not a business thus I just offer some of what is currently available at stores and can afford to purchase. Again, due to limited amount of time, there will be instances where I won't have a chance to update my list quick enough showing the item has already been taken. Always ask me first if I still have what you want.

3- Q: I have seen you post a few times. You only help those in your "little circle of friends" and that isn't fair to me or others. I have every right to trade too. Why do you do that?

A: As per recent incidents dealing with individuals lacking proper ethics (those being commitment and consideration by completing a trade after items have been packed and shipping prices have been given), I was forced to adopt specific terms where my time an effort do not go to waste. Here are my terms on this issue:

1 - I only help members that throughout the time I have been here, have shown seriousness when contacting me. Action speaks louder than words and those folks have been very committed completing a trade within the time frame given and most of the time have taken the time to say thank you.

2 - I cannot help anyone contacting me for the first time, unless you are directly recommended by someone I've traded several times with, someone I can trust. That person should then write to me vouching for you.

This might be disappointing to some extend but unfortunately, the policy is the result of having quite a few irresponsible people in these boards wanting to mess around, asking for items to be packed or opened only to back out of the trade once this has been done. While I do not waste anyone's time, I certainly don't want mine wasted either. You can read some negative feedback left in the Bad Traders area due to this issue.

4 - Q: Do you have a list with whom you've dealt with? While I certainly understand why you're doing it the way you're doing it, what's the point of showing items for the entire board to see if you're only going to trade with certain people?

A: All it takes is a good read. Many times destructive laws have gone into effect and many good ones have been thrown away because of the lack of patience to read what they contain. Many times the most questionable actions are easily deciphered by just taking the time to do a little research and read. If you are interested in knowing why there are set limits in my policy, by all means, feel free to read the long time standing answer to this above, in QUESTION # 3

Following the expert advice of the site's administrator while in all fairness giving an answer to your request, and because of the commitment, integrity, respect and seriousness they've shown while extensively completing trades with me, here is a list of names ( among many others ) of trusted forum members. These folks would be ideal individuals to vouch on your behalf (assuming you've already traded with them in several occassions )if you are inquiring about purchasing from me for the first time:

- obione
- jediburrick
- Ramon
- tomstroncek
- langley
- sinkie
- Dr.Jedi
- MAF
- Blue_Leader
- Red141
- Plokoon13
- Notorious_Boba

5 - Q: Hey man, I've been wanting to trade some stuff with you but I want to know how much shipping will run me just so I don't get shafted?

A: While most likely you will get a copy of my terms of sales if you are requesting an item from me for the first time, here is a copy of the Shipping specifications within my Terms of Sales:

Shipping: It is exact. In order not to overcharge and give you a fair deal for shipping, the parcel is taken to the Post Office to get you an exact shipping quote for the items you want directly from them. All domestic shipping will include Delivery Confirmation. To do so, your full address is needed to print a shipping label to affix to your parcel. Please be serious. Don't ask to pack items and drive to the Post Office if you are not truly committed to trading for them. Shipping is exact to P. O standards, therefore you are assured an honest acquisition. If hesitant about integrity, you are encouraged to contact any of the many people helped all this time.

6 - Q: Other people offer Paypal which makes it faster for me to pay for what I want. Why is it you don't take it and how do I go about paying for something I want?

A: As per my Terms, here is and answer to your question:

Payment: Paypal is not accepted due to having my password stolen and used to access my Ebay account where E-mails were sent to several members offering cell phones and watches. The problem took some time and was a hassle to fix thus I decided to help the old fashioned way, where I feel my personal information is not at risk, nor yours for that matter. The same day your items ship, you will receive a "SHIPPED ON" PM that will include the date your parcel was shipped, along with your delivery confirmation number.

A word of advice about Paypal: While I do not take Paypal, I'd like to offer a word of advice when using this method and trusting your money to someone:

Be VERY careful when a seller requests to have money sent as a "gift". If you do this, be sure you know the person well. Money sent as a Gift voids all of your rights of getting your funds back if a transaction fails/seller vanishes, etc. Since legally, you didn't buy any Goods nor Services, a purchase was never made.

7 - Q: I see you talk like if you see yourself as some kind of God and threat to leave negative feedback. What do you think you are and what gives you the right to post negative for me?

A: Far from your assumption, I certainly do not see myself as some kind of God but rather as an ordinary guy helping others and establishing certain rules so you and I can have a pleasant experience when trading. It is healthy to play nice and collect just for the sole purpose of collecting without expecting any gain in return other than the personal satisfaction of doing a good deed and knowing, because of my actions a collector or kid got to have that item he or she wanted. It is an effort to fight scalping and to contribute to our collecting community in these difficult times. The drive to do so is not "God" mandated, but collector inspired.

When someone, after reading through my policy and accepting its terms, embarks on a trade with me BUT does not comply or acts in a way I feel could threaten the well being of the collector community , I find it to be my obligation as a caring collector to let others know that person lacks the seriousness to be trusted and therefore:

* Acts of "disappearance" and/or failure from a trader to complete his/her side of the transaction after having the items packed, will result in negative feedback. Again, please do not get involved in a trade if you know you won't fulfill your end.

Thank you, guys.

* Here is a link to my PREVIOUS THREAD (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4443043&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=)

LightSword
01-07-2011, 06:29 AM
* UPDATE: PRICE LIST

Listing of items for sale coming soon. Mostly loose items but, mint and complete. There will be boxed/carded items as well (lower scale) in mint condition. Everything from 1995 to present at updated, fair prices.

Take care, guys

Ramon
01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Wow Julian is very nice to hear from you and see you back on the boards!!!! YOu have been missed and very comforting to see that you are good, you needed that well deserved break! Thanks for coming back!

tomstroncek
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi Julian, I speak for all on the boards...it's glad to see you back!!

obione
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey Julian,
Although I've known of your "retirement" for awhile now, I'm still trying to cope with your absence. Since my involvement on Rebel, you've been the greatest asset to the boards, in my opinion. Of course, it's been a pleasure to have gotten to know you personally, and I'm proud to say that you're a friend. With that said, I'm also so happy of your new ventures. I'd truly rather see that occupy your time, rather than you spending countless hours packing and delivering SW stuff to the post office.
Glad to see that you're back on here. I certainly would be interested in some of the items that you will have up later http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care, my friend!

TatooineSandworm
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Julian,

I am happy to see that you and your wife have both been blessed in your careers and you are able to move on to other aspects in your life. You have been such a positive influence in the hobby, and thank you for the help that you provided me on more than one occasion. Good luck and please know that you have friends here on the boards if you ever feel like coming back to Hasbro Collecting http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-TS

soulydyes
01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey Now LightSword http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

Congratualtions on your good fortune. I sure do miss your deals Brother http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm very appreciative of all the help I received for you and your wife over the past few years. I'm still working on my displays and the plans I have for sharing them with other fans.

Can't wait to see what you post for sale, I'm sure I'll be sending you a PM (or two) soon.

Thanx again http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BIGJIM
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Julian!

How have you been my friend? You truly have been missed.
I hope the days have been good to you and it's great to have you around again.
Take care and I look forward to talking to you again in the future.

Jim

Michael_Ritter
01-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey Julian!

Glad to see you are still around, I was wondering where you had snuck off to. Congrats on the new work and keeping busy. I want to take this opportunity to say thanks for all you've done to help the Rebelscum community, you were always one of the good ones. With that being said, I look forward to seeing your price list and filling several holes in my collection.

Thanks again.

Mike

HappyNoodleBoy
01-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow Julian,

I got a lump in my throat reading your post in your old thread. But I'm glad you've had the chance to expand your horizons. Thanks for all of your help not only to me, but to all the collectors whom you've helped.

It was always a pleasure to deal with you and to get packages from you because I knew it was packed well and would be minty fresh.

Now that you're going to sell some of your personal stuff, I feel kind of sad, but completely understand you, as I have been doing the same thing.

Much luck to you and your wife and I think we'll all be looking forward to what goodies you'll be selling.

Cuidate amigo!

jediburrick
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow Julian,

I got a lump in my throat reading your post in your old thread. But I'm glad you've had the chance to expand your horizons. Thanks for all of your help not only to me, but to all the collectors whom you've helped.

Indeed. Personnaly, I was afraid that something bad had happened. I'm really glad to see you're doing fine http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

evilanimation
01-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Glad you are ok...

Diablo20
01-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Julian, it's great to hear from you. I'm glad your absence on the boards has been due to good fortune instead of the alternative. Your sales will certainly be missed by many.

sinkie
01-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Julian! And as others have expressed, so glad to hear that your absence wasn't the cause of anything negative in your life! Was a bit worried there for a while.

And thanks for your help over the years. You're an inspiration to us all. Hopefully you won't disappear completely from these boards and when you may be able to, let us know what you're up to so we can check out your work perhaps?

Captain_Piet
01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Hey, congrats Julian and best of luck in your new endeavors!

DarthPhlegethon
01-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Welcome back, Julian. Sounds like things are going well for you and your wife, which is wonderful to hear. Thanks for all the help in the past and may things continue to get better and better for your family.

Michael_Knight
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Welcome back!

langley
01-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Julian,

I would like to echo everyone's comments in welcoming you back. Congratulations on the new jobs for both you and your wife. Although my collection is nearing completion, (with much assistance from you and your wife) I will still be sure to check out your for sale list. You are a great asset to the hobby and have been a great friend to me on these boards. Take care.

Scott

King_D
01-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Welcome back Julian, and congrats on your new position and future success!

P.S. I'll take any TVC Gamorrean Guards if you have them for sale anytime soon http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bobodohn
01-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Been a while, Julian, but very nice to see you back!

PM sent http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlueSnag
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Good to hear from you Julian, I think you had us all worried there for awhile.

Congrats to you & your wife on advancing you careers & thanks for all the help in the past.

SeerDrakon
01-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Julian...>WELCOME BACK!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

reeseslover
08-29-2011, 06:16 AM
great to see you again http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif