PDA

View Full Version : FS:Unproduced 12" Stromtrooper

RICK
12-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi all. These uniforms were proposed as a GI Joe convention exclusive. The exclusive was to be made & carded as a uniform only "to fit 12 inch action Figures including GI JOE." There wre to be four of these: an X-Wing Pilot, A-Wing Pilot, Tie Fighter Pilot, & Stormtooper. (All of which were sold on ebay back in July,2000. Which is whene I purchased this piece).
At the time it was not possible due to the marketing plans for Star Wars & the idea was shelved. Only one of each of these incredible display prototypes was created.
This is the 30th GI Joe in Stormtrooper gear. It appears that the gear was put together with whatever they had laying around at Hasbro. The "crotch piece" is distressed with painted "battle damage." The boots a bit off color & thin, & the helmet is a flesh colored testshot. The rest appears production. A rare & unusual one-of-a-kind item! From the collection of Michael Herz.

The above info is taken directly from the "Certificate Of Authenticity."

I have yet to see the other 3 re-surface from private collectors who own them. I could only afford the one at the time. I chose this one cause of the testshot helmet. Basically this was kitbashed internally at Hasbro. An awsome piece for the 12" collector.

Michael Herz (owner of Whiz Bang! Toys) promoted the GI Joe conventions for Hasbro from 1994-1997. He was the key creator for many GI Joe convention exclusives.

This is a true gem center piece, comes with C.O.A from Whiz Bang! Toyz, signed & sealed by M.Herz himself.

RICK
12-23-2010, 08:52 AM
ASKING: $500

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/MyToys/StormTrooperGIJoe.jpg

RICK
12-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Price drop $300

New_Bornalex
12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Am I reading the dates wrong or did the price actually drop 40% the day after you first posted it?

In one-and-a-half days, it will be free, am I right? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's a nice curiosity piece, blending GIJoe with Star Wars like that... but it just doesn't really do anything for me. I'd personally rather display the Luke or Han Stormtrooper versions.

Oh, and you misspelled Stormtrooper in the subject line. Actually, that was the only reason I clicked on this thread, because the typo piqued my curiosity, so if you did that on purpose, brilliant gambit.

But I just wanted to point it out in case you list this for auction somewhere, because you would miss showing up on the searches conducted by folks who are out there typing in "prototype stormtrooper" and feel frustrated because they're not getting any results.

Best of luck with it, and Merry Christmas,
Alex