PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Ben Kenobi Action Figure

Chris Wyman
07-27-2010, 10:33 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs026.ash2/34686_413961002694_171646362694_4841846_3646053_n. jpg

OCWanKenobi
07-29-2010, 03:59 PM
everything obiwan will be mine!!!!!!!!
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tweekem
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Pre ordered Obi last night.... weird though... I found him only in a little check box when ordering the Jawa... no where else. Oh well... just glad to know it is done.

jimmii
04-10-2011, 08:12 PM
yeah, it's like a hunt, within a hunt!

POTAFAN
09-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Just received word from GG:

Your order for the Obi-Wan Kenobi Vintage Kenner Figure on pre-order # XXXX will be processed on Tuesday September 13th, 2011 at 10 am.

Best regards,
Gentle Giant Customer Service

Glitch
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Same here. This is the last one with I vinyl cape for a while - thankfully. Let's just hope they don't screw this one up too bad. The pics on the GG site don't look too promising.

Jedi534
09-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Since all regular releases have come in pairs, who was Ben paired up with? Cloth Jawa?

Glitch
09-10-2011, 11:48 AM
^

I think it's the Death Squad Commander.

IrishJedi
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Since all regular releases have come in pairs, who was Ben paired up with? Cloth Jawa?

Yeah, it was cloth Jawa. So unless they're having issues with the fabric that one should be next (with the vinyl cape one having been released 2 months ago at SDCC)

Glitch
09-13-2011, 08:34 PM

Yeah, it was cloth Jawa. So unless they're having issues with the fabric that one should be next (with the vinyl cape one having been released 2 months ago at SDCC)

Actually, you're right. I just got my processing notice for the Jawa this Thursday.

This is another one that frightens me. We have yet to see the final product.....again.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Glitch
09-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Received my tracking number, and it looks like this one might be here tomorrow.

:)

Glitch
09-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Received my tracking number, and it looks like he might be arriving as soon as tomorrow.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Glitch
09-19-2011, 03:20 PM
As I thought, he arrived today - again, in perfect condition.

I was nervous because we had not seen him with the cape, but, DAMN, this guy is a TOTAL winner! The cape is the PERFECT color. I was expecting disappointment, but I'm just totally thrilled with this guy! :)

In my opinion, one of the best to date - and the only perfect/near perfect vinyl caped figure.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/Ben.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/BenClose.jpg

Jason_West
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow, I am surprised and impressed. Ben looks REALLY good. The cape is a good match and the face is pretty damn good. If you open it, please tell us if the cape is thin or thick.

Glitch
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
It's thicker than the Jawa, but not quite as thick as it would be if the 3 3/4 were scaled up perfectly. Essentially, it's not even an issue. If you have the Vader, it's the same as that. Like the Vader, it's a little glossier on one side, but I'm still VERY happy with it - especially after the Sand People cape nonsense.LOVE this guy!:).

jimmii
09-22-2011, 11:28 PM
The shipping gods must not like me...another damaged figure! :(http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/2876/thumbs/IMG_16373.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/2876/IMG_16373.jpg)

SirTristram
10-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I am so sorry for those of you who have been getting damaged figs. My Obi-Wan and Jawa arrived today and they are perfect! Obi-Wan is a real hit!!

Tweekem
10-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Obi arrived today at work... perfect shape!!! One of the best so far... really cant wait for the aliens though... those were my fav as a kid!

Anyone think we will see DT variants of the sabered figs?

Glitch
10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
^

Congrats! Yep. This is a REALLY great figure - I just can't sop looking at mine. However, not to sure we'll see DT saber versions.

Krusty007
10-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow! Ben is really nice! Probably the nicest of the lot.

GGC
10-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Wow! Ben is really nice! Probably the nicest of the lot.

I have to agree with you, from the paint apps to the colors looking right and the face, this one may be the best since Boba - I did a quick video and tried to highlight the fig for those on the fence.

Quick Look at Gentle Giant Star Wars 12" Jawa Cloth Cape and Obi Wan Kenobi Vintage Kenner Figures - YouTube (http://youtu.be/WHmQLN8hh2I)

captainsolo
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, this is a great one. They did a fantastic job on him. I will give them credit.

Glitch
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I have to agree with you, from the paint apps to the colors looking right and the face, this one may be the best since Boba

Poor small head Han doesn't get the praise acclaim he deserves. That one is dead on perfect.

:(

_Darth_Paul_
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_21054.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_21054.JPG)

Ben & Jawa came :) wish I had a Fett :(

MrPickles
03-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Why can't I find this figure domestically ANYWHERE? Not even ebay...

If somebody knows where I can pick one up for under $90, please lemme know. Thanks...

EDIT:

Found a website called "ecrater.com" where a store/seller called "Hollywood Toy Madness" was selling one.

Since they only accept Paypal, I felt it was worth the risk to go ahead and buy it ($74.99 plus shipping).

Looking for some piece of mind, so has anyone dealt with these guys before?

Mighty_Jabba
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Ecrater is sort of like Half.com or Ebay, so I can't necessarily say that the site itself is bad, but I did have a pretty bad experience with a seller there the first time I tried using them. I wanted to get a lego set for my son for Christmas and a seller on ecrater had a good price so I bought it and paid with paypal. A couple of days later, I got a message from the seller that they were out of stock and I had my money refunded. Then a day or two after that I got a package in the mail from Lego.com that had the set I had ordered, but the return address was some other person. I called Lego.com and to make a long story short it turned out that the guy on ecrater had listed a bunch of stuff that he didn't actually have with the intention of using stolen accounts/credit cards to purchase the items from online stores and have them sent directly to the buyers. Potentially this could get the buyers in trouble as well, since they're the ones on record as having received the goods. Apparently there was some mixup on the seller's part, which was why he ended up refunding me and still having the set sent. I don't know how widespread this is, but I would definitely watch out for this kind of thing.

MrPickles
03-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah, the deal was too good to be true. They had already sold it. My money was refunded through Paypal.

So still looking for one if anybody runs across a place selling it...

Tweekem
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Didnt realize any of these except the first Fett and trooper where tough to find... makes me want to go get a cloth cape Jawa asap.

MrPickles
03-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, Nside was soldout too, even though they had it listed on their website. (Second time that has happened.)

Except for 1 non-domestic seller on ebay, there's seriously not been a trace of this figure for over a week.

BlueSnaggletooth
03-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Anyone know the edition size for this guy? Is he rarer than the others?

-Snags

Glitch
03-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Makes me wish I would have bought another. This guy is AMAZING!

See my pics above.

JediMarty
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
I have not seen the official number but I heard it was 2500 pieces just like the Vader and Chewy.

Anyone know the edition size for this guy? Is he rarer than the others?

-Snags

Andy
03-07-2012, 08:37 AM
It could mean that this piece was so underordered, the existing stock is maybe being sent to discount outlets. Perhaps we'll see a glut of them turn up cheap.

MountainDewback
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Checking 5 Below for this joker on the way home tonite

Glitch
03-08-2012, 03:36 PM
It could mean that this piece was so underordered, the existing stock is maybe being sent to discount outlets. Perhaps we'll see a glut of them turn up cheap.

Nope. They'd just keep him in stock until they sold out. Anyway, I noticed he went pretty fast.

I don't know what the production numbers were on this guy, but I'm glad I got one when I did.

MrPickles
03-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Still pretty ridiculous prices. There's that seller in OZ where it comes to about $150 & a domestic US seller with a BIN plus shipping for $270. LOL...

AlaskanStar
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Has anyone ever ordered figures from Sears.com?
I bit the bullet today and ordered the 12" Obi from them. Came to 150.00 with shipping. I cannot believe that I am paying double retail on him but I am getting on board late with these jumbo figures and Obi is my favorite character, plus I cannot find this guy anywhere. I had read somewhere that the edition size was 1290 but not sure about the accuracy on that. With my luck I will probably find him down the road for retail somewhere. Oh well.....

Dax
03-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Geez that's a bit rich! Chances are you could land one from these guys for cheaper than that: Case Fresh - Star Wars Collectables Australia. Gentle Giant Ltd Star Wars Vintage Kenner 12-inch (http://www.casefresh.com/starwars/gentlegiantltd/vintagekenner.htm)

Case Fresh are an Aussie website and prices are in Aussie dollars, so Obi Wan at $70 is about $74 USD at the moment, however the listed price includes 10% GST which is only for locals so International orders would pay about $67.20 USD. Because of the size and weight postage won't be cheap, but I would be surprised if postage was $80. It could be a good option for a couple of figures!

IndyMike
03-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Has anyone ordered from Case Fresh before? I just did, but am a bit nervous given the distance it needs to travel.

AlaskanStar
03-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I looked at some overseas places but, having heard a lot about damages to these things, I was wary about shipping so far and it actually arriving without dents.

AlaskanStar
03-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, got an email from Sears today and they said sorry but the item was not in stock and was listed by mistake on the website.
Oh well, I least I don't have to worry about spending the $150 now.

IndyMike
03-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Well, its been 3 days since I ordered and no word from Case Fresh. I'm a bit worried now about having to put my card out there for an order inquiry.

IndyMike
03-30-2012, 09:41 AM
...and my email to their customer service just bounced back. :wtf::mad:

Dax
03-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Just to reassure people, Case Fresh are totally legit and I know someone that works there so don't worry, you're not going to get ripped off. The bouncing email sounds very unusual so they might be having some unknown technical problems. Let me see if I can get hold of someone there and find out what is going on.

IndyMike
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd appreciate that Dax, thanks.

Dax
03-31-2012, 09:28 PM
OK, back with an update :) I'm told there is some preparation going on in readiness to move the site to a new hosting server and this may have caused a couple of problems with email for a very brief period. Everything is definitely up and running now so try emailing customer service again and you should get through. If you get a message saying it is undeliverable please double check that you are spelling the email address correctly.

Anyone that placed orders for Jumbo vintage figures should be receiving an email within the next 24 hours. Case Fresh were looking for the best and most economical method for postage however be prepared for an expensive postage quote. Once packed these things weight over 2Kgs and you can go to the Australia Post website: www.auspost.com.au (http://www.auspost.com.au) to see for yourself how much that ends up coming to!

While we're on the subject it's also worth mentioning that Case Fresh can't guarantee packaging condition. They won't ship stuff that is absolutely smashed but there may be minor imperfections and although everything is very carefully packaged for travel, if something gets damaged in the mail it's going to be expensive to rectify from the other side of the world. Basically if you are looking for AFA 90 and above quality then you're better off buying one from someone that has already graded it and paying that premium. If you're happy with a displayable item at a reasonable price then you're all good to go with Case Fresh.

I hope this helps!

IndyMike
04-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks Dax.

I did hear from them over the weekend, and with what you said about condition and the price of shipping, I decided to hold off.

IndyMike
04-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Might have a way to get this yet. Having a friend in Australia order it…hoping that they'll be more accommodating if it gets damaged in-country, and he'll either bring it to C6 or ship it more securely.

Crossing fingers...

Glitch
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I ordered one through these guys (along with Chewbacca) for a REALLY good price, but it looks like they're sold out.

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi Jumbo Vintage Kenner Action Figure (http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/GG80128-RF/Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Jumbo-Vintage-Kenner-Action-Figure.html)

:disgusted:

DarthBeek
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I ordered one through these guys (along with Chewbacca) for a REALLY good price, but it looks like they're sold out.

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi Jumbo Vintage Kenner Action Figure (http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/GG80128-RF/Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Jumbo-Vintage-Kenner-Action-Figure.html)

:disgusted:

Hmm, when did you order?

I checked Obi Wan as soon as the sale started, and he was showing Sold Out then.

IndyMike
04-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I checked Obi Wan as soon as the sale started, and he was showing Sold Out then.

Same here. I got excited for a second until I found the little text that said it was sold out.

Glitch
04-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I believe it was Sunday.

DarthBeek
04-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I believe it was Sunday.

Bizarre.

I even peeked over there a couple weeks ago, and it was Sold Out then.

MrPickles
04-05-2012, 02:59 AM
It was soldout there nearly 6 weeks ago...

DarthBeek
04-05-2012, 07:28 AM
It was soldout there nearly 6 weeks ago...

So, how did one show up for this sale.... I wonder?

Glitch
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Man, I feel bad now...

In my case, it was just shown as "in stock" when I went to the site. Perhaps they just found some (or one) in the process of moving or something.

If I were you guys, I'd hit the "click here (http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/GG80128-RF/Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Jumbo-Vintage-Kenner-Action-Figure.html#) to be notified by email when this product becomes available" link. I'm not trying to lead you guys on, but it's worth a shot.

IndyMike
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Nothing to feel bad about. You caught a good break.

What I'm bummed about is that there were a few on Amazon for retail when folks started asking about them, but I held off a bit too long to go get them and they were gone.

My friend from Australia has an order in with Case Fresh and is waiting for them to contact him now. Crossing fingers on that one.

Glitch
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah, it's a bit weird how tough this guy ended up being to get. Never saw this one coming.

Perhaps Gentle Giant needs to have another run at this guy. IMO, he's just about the best 12" vintage of the lot - another thing I didn't see coming. At one point, I was thinking of holding off on him initially because I thought he would be the dud of the lot and selling for MUCH lower than what GG was selling him for on their site.

Boy, was I wrong or what? Sounds like I wasn't the only one that felt this way.

BlueSnaggletooth
04-05-2012, 11:30 PM
The regular Jawa (with cloth cloak) is also impossible to find these days.

-Snags

MrPickles
04-06-2012, 01:03 AM
So, how did one show up for this sale.... I wonder?
Dunno. Just a mistake maybe? I didnt have my notification alert me.

Andy
04-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Me neither. Was this underproduced or is there a stash of them out there somewhere, waiting to be liquidated?

BlueSnag
04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it's a bit weird how tough this guy ended up being to get. Never saw this one coming.

Perhaps Gentle Giant needs to have another run at this guy. IMO, he's just about the best 12" vintage of the lot - another thing I didn't see coming. At one point, I was thinking of holding off on him initially because I thought he would be the dud of the lot and selling for MUCH lower than what GG was selling him for on their site.

Boy, was I wrong or what? Sounds like I wasn't the only one that felt this way.

One thing I have come to relaize over the years with collecting -

If there is something you want, buy it on the spot b/c you never know what could happen

No use trying to hold off to save a few bucks & then wind up paying after market price

Glitch
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
The regular Jawa (with cloth cloak) is also impossible to find these days.

-Snags

Yep.

I've noticed this as well. The vinyl cape Jawa is MUCH easier to find these days.

BlueSnaggletooth
04-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Yep.

I've noticed this as well. The vinyl cape Jawa is MUCH easier to find these days.

The guy who runs Most Wanted Collectibles must've read this thread. He is now selling two fabric cloak Jawas on Ebay (they're "sold out" on his site) for $118 each (shipping is $38).

-Snags

Glitch
04-06-2012, 08:49 PM
The guy who runs Most Wanted Collectibles must've read this thread. He is now selling two fabric cloak Jawas on Ebay (they're "sold out" on his site) for $118 each (shipping is $38).

-Snags

Ugh....

Brutal.

mizzoujedi
04-07-2012, 09:31 AM
More people bought vinyl jawas with the intention to sell them later.

BlueSnaggletooth
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Also, I believe the edition sizes were pretty similar. Vinyl Jawa was 1000 and Cloak Jawa was 1350 (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

-Snags

Jedi534
04-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Problem is, something happened with the distribution of these. Cloak Jawa & Ben were released at the same time and both of them were "Sold Out" on GGs website when released. Also, these never made it to my local LCS and when that happens something went wrong somewhere and allocations were made. Same thing happened with Wicket, Brown Coat Solo & Lando. They were plentiful only through certain online retailers & ebay but never through GG directly (besides pre-orders) or smaller dealers who order in smaller quantities.

MrPickles
04-10-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm already outbid on ebay. I refuse to pay more than $130 for it. In time, like everything else, it'll go down.....then eventually go back up, like all the MR blasters...lol. Man, remember when the Leia, Rebel, & Stormtrooper blasters could all be had for under $250?! Dios mio...

Andy
04-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Sure do! I got my Stormy blaster for $200, and my Leia and Rebel blasters each were $150. Remember when Redfordfilms had the Studio Scale Millennium Falcon for $800?

MrPickles
05-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Finally got one. This was starting to become an obsession so it's nice to finally be able to move on. Good luck to those still looking!

Andy
05-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Available again at the GG Memorial Day Sale!

Got mine. Now I just need the R2-D2, Stormtrooper, and Tusken and I'll be done with the 1st 12.

Glitch
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM
AWESOME!! Way to go, Andy!

I picked an Obi Wan up for a friend and another Jawa for myself.

All I need now is another Stormtrooper and I'll have a duplicate set of all of them that have been released so far to display one open and a carded one behind it.

These things are like rotocast crack.

=..(

BlueSnaggletooth
05-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Finally got my opener Obi-Wan today via the Memorial Day sale. Also grabbed a third cloth cape Jawa.

-Snags

Glitch
05-24-2012, 11:45 PM
^

Awesome job, Snags.

Those two figures did NOT last long, so I'm glad to see some of us here were able to jump on them. It's amazing how scarce they've become on the secondary market.

BlueSnaggletooth
05-25-2012, 12:11 AM
^

Awesome job, Snags.

Those two figures did NOT last long, so I'm glad to see some of us here were able to jump on them. It's amazing how scarce they've become on the secondary market.

Yep - they dried up quick. The two scarcest figures in the line, by far (Fett goes for more $, but that will end once the SW card Fett comes out).

-Snags

MrPickles
05-25-2012, 03:30 AM
A part of me knew a few of these would show up again AFTER I finally tracked one down for more than double the retail price. Oh well, that's the collecting game for ya...

xphillips
05-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Forgot until an hour after the sale and MISSED Obi-Wan... argggh! I'm still looking...

AaylaSecurasMan
05-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Forgot until an hour after the sale and MISSED Obi-Wan... argggh! I'm still looking...

Let's see how many of those 20 that were available as 2nd chance for $75 (or $68 with PGM) yesterday pop up in the classiffieds for $150 or more o-o

assemblyrequired
05-25-2012, 02:05 PM
yes it will cool...like anything else when they first hit they are snatched up. I imagine they will be available for a long time all over the net at various prices.

-James

MrPickles
05-25-2012, 05:29 PM
There's a reasonably-priced one for auction on ebay right now. Starting at $89.99 so far there's no bids, 4 days left. Still about $40 cheaper than I paid two weeks ago.

xphillips
05-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info MrPickles! I'll keep my eye on it.

Glitch
05-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it. It happens to all of us.

If it helps, I'm sure you would be able to sell it for more than the price you paid in a heartbeat. This guy is WELL worth even the price you paid.

MrPickles
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
There's a reasonably-priced one for auction on ebay right now. Starting at $89.99 so far there's no bids, 4 days left. Still about $40 cheaper than I paid two weeks ago.
It sold for $109+$15 shipping tonite. Good price. Hope you won it, xphillips.

Turbowars
05-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Let's see how many of those 20 that were available as 2nd chance for $75 (or $68 with PGM) yesterday pop up in the classiffieds for $150 or more o-o

Still waiting for GG to ship mine. I'll be keeping it, but yeah I'm sure most will be flipped.

xphillips
05-30-2012, 12:09 PM
No, I didn't get it... actually I totally forgot to bid... busy with graduation weekend (I'm a teacher!)

Glitch
05-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Still waiting for GG to ship mine. I'll be keeping it, but yeah I'm sure most will be flipped.

There were only 20, and, as far as I know, at least eight of them were purchased by people here or people I know that aren't going to resell them.

In other words, I hardly doubt the market will be flooded with these guys anytime soon.

MrPickles
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
No, I didn't get it... actually I totally forgot to bid... busy with graduation weekend (I'm a teacher!)

Too bad. That was the cheapest domestic-priced one i've seen on ebay in over 3 months.

Glitch
05-30-2012, 05:11 PM
For those in the same boat, I just received my Obi Wan shipping notice. :)

Still nothing on the Jawa.

Turbowars
05-30-2012, 06:20 PM
For those in the same boat, I just received my Obi Wan shipping notice. :)

Still nothing on the Jawa.
Got my Shipping notice for Obi as well!

Glitch
05-30-2012, 06:47 PM
^ Nice!

Update. My Jawa shipped as well.

Glitch
06-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Received my order confirmation and a shipping notice on this guy, but still no tracking number (like I did with the Jawa I already receive) on the Memorial Day sale Obi I purchased.

Anyone else?

Turbowars
06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Received my order confirmation and a shipping notice on this guy, but still no tracking number (like I did with the Jawa I already receive) on the Memorial Day sale Obi I purchased.

Anyone else?
I'm in the same boat. Talked to Rich and said all the sale orders are taking longer, but my Obi is shipping.

Glitch
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah. I called and was told the same thing. I sold one that I bought from Redford Films to a friend that REALLY wanted it, so I'm relieved to hear that we're not getting shafted.

That really sucks what they did to you guys on the Jawa. I think they're setting the edition size too low on some of these guys, but, then again, I guess that's what makes them collectable.

Turbowars
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Just got a tracking # for Obi.

Glitch
06-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Sure enough, I just received the e-mail with the tracking number.

All I have to do is post here asking about it, and....

Glitch
06-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Woah, near same time post on the same topic, TW.

BlueSnaggletooth
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Got my tracking number today as well.

-Snags

Glitch
06-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Received my Memorial Day Ben Kenobi this morning - totally flawless!

The USPS it the best!

Turbowars
06-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Received my Memorial Day Ben Kenobi this morning - totally flawless!

The USPS it the best!

:)got Obi today as well. I agree about the USPS, They are 150% more careful than gangster UPS.

Glitch
06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
got Obi today as well. I agree about the USPS, They are 150% more careful than gangster UPS.

Great to hear! Seriously, how nice is this guy? They did a great job with him. USPS is the way to go with everything.

One thing I did notice is that that the saber handle on the one I received yesterday is painted rather than cast in brown plastic. Didn't notice what it was on the second one I had, but I'll find out. The hands are separate pieces on the telescoping Lightsaber figures, so I'm guessing it was cast using a different color of vinyl/plastic or there was overspray on the hands that needed to be covered. Both of my Lukes and Vaders are cast in the correct color, so.....weird.

AaylaSecurasMan
01-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Finally got Ben over the weekend thanks to a fellow scummer. Now I only need to get Vader to complete the ones that I missed earlier when the line started.

ramy
01-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Nice. Hope it didn't break the bank.

TheGoodDr
01-21-2015, 01:35 AM
Finally got Ben over the weekend thanks to a fellow scummer. Now I only need to get Vader to complete the ones that I missed earlier when the line started.

I have a Vader than I'm willing to sell. I am in Australia so postage is going to be quite a bit, however I'm sure it'll cost you a lot less than the current prices on eBay.

PM if you're interested.

AaylaSecurasMan
01-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Nice. Hope it didn't break the bank.

Actually no, it was a fair price and that's why I pulled the trigger after 1.5 years of looking. Patience is one of my virtues B)