PDA

View Full Version : Torn between 3 Premiums, Which one You Got?

JGerardi
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Alright Im torn between:
Yoda v. Clone Trooper
Biker Scout
COmmander Cody Legendary (is that technically a PF?)

Anyway want some input. If you read the section devoted to a particular figure it seems people always post how great it is so kind of wanted to seek out the opinions of folks who have seen these in person (I think its super hard to judge otherwise).

slynger
07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Alright Im torn between:
Yoda v. Clone Trooper
Biker Scout
COmmander Cody Legendary (is that technically a PF?)

Anyway want some input. If you read the section devoted to a particular figure it seems people always post how great it is so kind of wanted to seek out the opinions of folks who have seen these in person (I think its super hard to judge otherwise).

first off, I wouldn't put Cody as a PF, simply because he is not.

While I don't have the Yoda vs Clone, he turned out great and the only thing I have heard minor gripes on is the lightsaber light-up feature. Other than that everything I have heard sounds great and the pics don't do these things justice, you need to see them in person.

I have the biker scout, and also have the biker scout with speeder bike - assuming you meant just the plain biker scout, he is just fine in his own right, but if you intend on picking up the speeder bike, hold off. If you meant the speeder bike w/ scout, I can't say enough positive on this one. Almost a studio scale model in my opinion, just a great piece all around.

Happy hunting!

JGerardi
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I would hold off on all purchases and just get the speeder bike scout if I had room for it, I just dont. So yes I was referring to the plain old bikeless scout, and the scout with bike isnt an option unless I move (and also if my wife walked into my room one day, there is little chance she is going to miss that one or buy my usual "thats been there for a while" fib)

spudmanski
07-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I have all three that you mention. As noted the Commander Cody is not a PF but in the same price range so I can see you being torn on what to get.

Of the three I would put the Yoda/Clone first. Just a dynamic pose and the detail is phenomenal. A very poignant point of the saga where the Jedi kill the clones that they led for 3 years and that Yoda was so keen to emphasize their individuality and to treat them as such.

Cody is brilliant. This is the reason I will be signing up for most if not all of the future LSBs. Crazy detail and well executed. With Order 66 being another key moment of the Saga.

The biker scout is very cool too but as the scouts are not my favorite trooper then ultimately I could have passed on it had I needed to think of funds for something else.

Ultimately, you have to decide what your focus is. You have complete representations - Yoda/Clone and Scout - or partial - Cody LSB. PT vs. OT. Troopers or Jedi (the focus of Yoda/Clone is Yoda). I don't think you will be disappointed with whatever your decision is.

Best of luck.

Battery
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Can't go wrong with an OT trooper. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The_Chosen_1
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
As far as the biker scout goes, I say go all the way with the speeder bike or not at all. Of the three options, I have to say Yoda Vs. Clone. It's simply the coolest PF out there. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ambasah
07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
yoda/clone would be my suggestion, although the cody bust is really cool as well. I was not blown away by the scout pf.

Rodders
07-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, i'm with Ambasah on this. The Yoda and clone PF is the best PF that they've released yet IMO. I didn't really like the look of the Commander Cody LSB, but when you see it in the flesh, it looks incredible. I wasn't overly impressed with the biker scout to be honest. I'd rather pay the extra money and get the Speeder bike too. Now that's got WOW factor.

Verbal21
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, short answer, go with Yoda/Clone. And I agree you have to see the Cody in person to appreciate the full awesomeness of the piece. I'm considering getting one now after seeing it at my LCS

xopolos
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Well, since Cody is not a PF, I'd go with Yoda/Clone. If I had to choose between those 2, I'd say they are both equally amazing! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

lordquigon
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I've got two out of those three, I don't have the scout trooper. They're all nice pieces. The Yoda/501st is probably the coolest Star Wars collectible out there, right now! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif I don't know if I'd call it my favorite PF though, that's a hard one. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cody's pretty damn cool too! Out of all the mini-busts, statues, dioramas and PF's I have, Cody has gotten THE most attention from visitors! Even one's that don't care for Star Wars, Cody always gets EVERYONE'S attention! I've heard a lot of "Wow, that's awesome" type of responses. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shadow
07-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I own Yoda and Clone, the Biker scout (with bike), and I've seen the Cody LSB in person.

That said I would purchase the Yoda and 501st clone over the stand alone Biker scout, (with Bike would be a different story.) The Cody LSB is very cool, but it is another class of product.

Tusken_Raiders
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Any day of the week I would say OT trooper, however, that Yoda/Clone PF simply rocks. I hope to get one soon, but with SSC releasing so much cool stuff, its hard to find the extra money for it...

JGerardi
07-13-2010, 08:58 AM
I think Ive officially decided to hold off with all the new announcements lately. Not too thrilled with the Obi Wan, and the Threepio seems a little pricey for what you get, but I think Im gonna sit tight and see what else comes down the chute this month.

zoid2323
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Thats a good decision but I'd get the Yoda vs.Clone PF soon as that bas boy might go up in value because it definately rocks.