PDA

View Full Version : SOLD PLEASE LOCK....THANKS

BIGJIM
05-13-2010, 05:01 PM
$7.50 each
First come, first served.
Please leave a post in addition to PM to keep the thread bumped.

I've got some extra EU. All are loose w/ no droid parts.
Here's what I have:
2X Jacen both SOLD
1X K'kruhk SOLD
1X Jaina SOLD

jokabofe
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Does that include shipping?

BIGJIM
05-13-2010, 05:40 PM

No.

Sol
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I'll take Jaina.

edit: sorry I'll take just Jaina.

jokabofe
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM

No.

Then it's scalping.

TRU stores across the country are having a $4.99 sale, so they should be no more than $5... not to mention that loose figures don't sell for the same as carded figures, AND by taking the BAD parts, you're removing even more value.

Deathbymonkeys
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM

No.

Then it's scalping.

TRU stores across the country are having a $4.99 sale, so they should be no more than $5... not to mention that loose figures don't sell for the same as carded figures, AND by taking the BAD parts, you're removing even more value.

Counting time and effort and the fact it's regular retail price it's NOT scalping. Don't like a great deal for the figs. Dont buyem.

BIGJIM
05-13-2010, 06:37 PM

No.

Then it's scalping.

Call it what you will, I guess you won't buying any then.

If you absolutely must have an explanation:
I wanted to build a few of the droids and bought these off of another local collector.
I was kind enough to compensate him for time and gas, thus I paid him retail.
I'm simply selling the figures to whoever needs them for basically what I paid...only I'm keeping the droid part to (out of courtesy) compensate for my time and gas.
I get to build some droids and other people who don't care about the BAD get some figures they want.
I'm sorry if that offends you.

jokabofe
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Counting time and effort and the fact it's regular retail price it's NOT scalping. Don't like a great deal for the figs. Dont buyem.

I wouldn't say that 150% of retail for an incomplete loose figure is a "great deal"... but to each their own I guess.

BIGJIM
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks DBM.

Besides, If I truly wanted to scalp, why would I do it here to other collectors?
I'd be doing it on ebay. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(sarcasm)

BradyBunch
05-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Big Jim,

You are my hero. I think you are offering a deal. Just because you can't find the EU wave yourself in TRU during their sale doesn't mean you need to get bent out of shape about this.

jokabofe
05-13-2010, 07:03 PM
"Justify" it any way that you want. The forum rules specifically state:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Post modern Star Wars items for sale here. Items currently shipping in retail must be sold for actual costs. Older items should be consistent with fair market value. No auction or retail advertisements allowed.

[/QUOTE]

So yes, even if you want to say that your TRU store didn't have the sale going on at this time, or if you got them from TRU.com then whatever... but you're still selling an item that is technically missing pieces for the same price as a complete figure sells for at retail. Would you like to pay full price for an incomplete figure?

If you truly wanted to help other collectors, you would sell them for a fair price. If you consider that most BAD parts sell in the forums for $2 - $3, then subtracting that amount from each figure would be a fair amount.

IMO asking for people - or rather, expecting people - to compensate you for gas and time is ridiculous. And using the above formula for BAD prices, you're basically saying that your time/gas to get these figures is worth $8 - $12? How long did it take and how far did you have to travel?

jokabofe
05-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Just because you can't find the EU wave yourself in TRU during their sale doesn't mean you need to get bent out of shape about this.

If that was directed at me, then you're barking up the wrong tree. I've got enough of this wave for my own collection already... but you don't see me offering extras here at 150% retail, do you?

tomstroncek
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Dude, if you don't want to buy them, leave his thread. I'm sick of this bs everytime someone has something to sell.If you don't like his price...don't look.Sorry to derail your thread my friend.

Mynock09
05-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Ah, but BIGJIM had no problem ripping apart my for sale thread.Calling me a scalper and obviously not reading it or taking into consideration that I'm a Canadian collector in a largely American market here on RS.Thanks for the defense by the way Jokabofe http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif.He's just making a valid point.

BradyBunch
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
It's all about value and supply/demand. What is it worth to you? Sure, $7.50 loose isn't a bad deal compared to eBay, but it is more than you'd pay at TRU right now. But is it worth your time and your gas to drive there just to find Plo Koon pegwarmers staring at you?

If you like his price, great! If not, make an offer. If you think he's scalping, take into consideration his feedback and his reputation on this board.

He's willing to part with these figures for his price. If you don't like his price, then leave...don't accuse him of scalping. Save that for eBay, and for all the hoarding collectors without lives that stand in line at TRU at dawn.

jokabofe
05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Ah, but BIGJIM had no problem ripping apart my for sale thread.Calling me a scalper and obviously not reading it or taking into consideration that I'm a Canadian collector in a largely American market here on RS.

I didn't even realize that he was doing that...

"Hello kettle? Hey what's up... it's me, pot. Guess what? You're black!"

BIGJIM
05-14-2010, 05:29 AM
All sold.
Thank you to those who PMed.