PDA

View Full Version : ASK DAN MADSEN!

JimmyMac
04-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey ForceCast listeners. Ashley Eckstein has just announced her new Star Wars clothing line for fangirls. And, she has entered into this business venture with a ForceCast brother - Dan Madsen. You know Dan from his many appearances on The ForceCast, his role as Kaadu Handler Dams Denna in The Phantom Menace, and as President, Founder & Publisher of the Star Wars Insider and President of the Official Star Wars Fan Club .

Dan has decided to make himself available to Star Wars fans to answer any and all questions about this cool new clothing line right here at The ForceCast Forums.

So do not hesitate...Show no mercy...And learn all the behind-the-scenes scoop and info about Her Universe!

DANMADSEN
04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone - Dan Madsen here. I'm happy to have joined these boards and I'll be joining you frequently to chat about the new project I am working on with Ashley Eckstein called "Her Universe" - the first line of Star Wars products made for female fans. This is a line all Star Wars female fans will love and all male Star Wars fans will love buying for their wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, etc. Also happy to chat about my past including the Star Wars Insider, the first Star Wars Celebration and Dams Denna from Episode One. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about all of this and more! Let's talk!

Chris Wyman
04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Welcome to Rebelscum, Dan! Looking forward to having your around. Enjoy the boards. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JediShua
04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Welcome Dan! I know there's some girls in my house that are really looking forward to these clothes! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come around often and join in the madness!

DANMADSEN
04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Eric_Geller
04-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forums Dan! Looking forward to hearing from you about this new venture.

JimmyMac
04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Dams is in da house!

Dustin
04-27-2010, 06:38 AM
sweet! what other forums can boast two ex star wars fan club presidents as members?!

welcome Dan!

I've got a question....

Will the women's clothing line involve more than just babydoll T's? I mean will we see more safisticated clothing vs. printed T's?

Will the line include more than just "tops"?

JustinL
04-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Glad you have you as part of the forum family, Dan! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My question comes from my wife. She has always talked about how almost all of the SW apparel for women (and men for the most part) have featured silk-screened images and text.

Very few pieces have the logos/images hand-sewn or embroidered on them.

Will we be seeing any embroidered apparel pieces in this new line?

Thanks alot and welcome once again!

JediShua
04-27-2010, 07:24 AM
I would like to know if you're going to have items in youngling sizes too.

Sompeetalay
04-27-2010, 07:35 AM
I think this is a great idea. I wish a similar idea would be implemented for male apparel. In Europe it's not that easly to find great SW clothing and certainly not for female fans.

Jorbex
04-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Welcome, Dan! I'm loving the idea for this line; looking forward to seeing some items soon!

GrandMasterYoda
04-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Dan your a smart man! My daughter has been looking in the girls section for Star Wars clothes for years, but has always resorted to having to buy her SW T-Shirts from the boys section. Now that she is turning 12 she has felt the social pressure of not wearing some of her favorite shirts due to this conundrum. She still wears her SW shirts with pride, but I know her favorite shirt is the one (and only one) that we found in the girls section a couple years ago. It is a white fitted T-Shirt especially made for girls. She always asks me to look for shirts with these "girls" on them: Ahsoka, Padme, Bariss & Luminara, Aayla, and of course Leia. When the new Star Wars "girls" clothing line comes out, I'm sure she'll want every one.

sacarmic
04-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Yes, PLEASE do some clothing for little girls (toddlers included) My little ones get so upset that the only star wars clothes in their size are for boys!!!!

Scott

Dustin
04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I think this is a great idea. I wish a similar idea would be implemented for male apparel. In Europe it's not that easly to find great SW clothing and certainly not for female fans.

I've asked the same question, what about His Universe and have been told that we've apparently been running the show for sometime and was pointed to shopstarwars.com :-P

JimmyMac
04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
BTW...If you want more info about Ashley and Dan's "Her Universe" line, check out yesterdays announcement and photo gallery at ForceCast.net :

http://forcecast.net/story/home/Ashley_Ecksteins_Star_Wars_Fashion_for_Females_130 871.asp

JimmyMac
04-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Be sure to listen to The ForceCast Live tonight, April 27th at 8pm EASTERN for your chance to talk to Ashley and Dan about this great new Star Wars clothing line and The Clone Wars Season 2!

cpenafan
04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Whats the difference between this and ALL the other OFFICIAL baby doll Ts you can buy online, hot topic, spencers? Designer prices?

TrooperKittie
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
I tried to call this question in tonight. My reason for asking if Disney has a line similar to this, Disney fashion and jewelry designed for women with fashion in mind- and the prices are very high. (like $60 for a tee). So my question is......

What is the pricing going to be like for the line? Will it be Premium or economical?

lazypadawan
04-27-2010, 08:24 PM

I've asked the same question, what about His Universe and have been told that we've apparently been running the show for sometime and was pointed to shopstarwars.com :-P

Well, with Adidas Originals, Junk Food, Crunk (UK), Marc Ecko Cut & Sew, etc., I'd have to say there have been plenty for the dudes for years. I know, I've bought t-shirts from some of those lines. (I'm female.)

Junk Food has produced some tees for the ladies but they tend to be pink and juniors-sized. Most of what Hot Topic sells is unisex; they haven't sold ladies' SW tees since ROTS came out. There's Zazzle where you can choose designs and tees, but Zazzle can be a little pricey and to be honest, while there are a lot of designs, many of them don't appeal to me and Zazzle hasn't added much in the past two years. H&M sold some cool SW tees for ladies last fall but their availability was limited, H&M doesn't sell online outside of Sweden, and not everybody lives near one.

Let me be honest. There haven't been too many designs with ladies in mind over the years. I've envied the piles of girly merchandise available to Twilight fans: clothes, jewelry, totebags, etc.. I can go on Hot Topic's website and go through pages of Bella and Edward posters, bags, buttons, bracelets, tees, and hoodies. Do you know how long it was before I found a single Han/Leia t-shirt since TESB came out in 1980? SEVENTEEN YEARS. Suncoast (R.I.P.) finally carried some in 1997. I'm also a big Anakin/Padmé fan and not a damn thing is available for A/P fans, not even on !@$#!@# Zazzle. Not to say every female SW fan is interested in the romantic angle but so long as Lucasfilm was primarily focused on what the guys generally liked, there was no chance we'd ever see anything Han/Leia or Anakin/Padmé oriented.

As for Clone Wars stuff, there's been very little for the ladies, much less for anyone not a 7-year-old boy.

If I want to find SW jewelry for women, I'd have to go look for unlicensed stuff on Etsy or eBay. I want Rebel insignia rings made for me, not a big beefy guy. I'd love a licensed japor snippet necklace. I want SW watches for women. I want cute accessories and handbags. Enough with with androgyny already.

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes, besides T-shirts, we are starting out with a sweatshirt, hats and accessories. Over time we hope to outfit the female fans from head to toe. Very cool stuff on the way!

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
To Justin - yes, we will have hand sewn/embroidered pieces. We are using that style on our hoodie sweatshirt coming soon. it is really beautiful!

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Jedi Shua - Yes, we will have XS sizes for the young padawans, too.

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
To Grand Master Yoda - Yes, we will have Ahsoka, Leia and Padme to begin with - many others to come!

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
For Sacmaric - Toddler sizes will not be included in the first collection but look for the line to expand as time goes on.

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 08:59 PM
For Cpenafan - The difference is that these are designed for female fans of all shapes and sizes and not just juniors. Wait till you see the quality, too.

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
For Lazypadawan - your voice has been heard. This is definitely a line for you! You'll find all the items you are looking for through Her Universe as we move along.

DANMADSEN
04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
For Trooperkittie - until all of our designs are done, we will not have our prices set. However, we are trying to keep our T-shirt prices comparable to Junk Food/Marc Echo. Look for our prices to be about half of the Disney shirt that you just suggested.

JustinL
04-28-2010, 06:03 AM
To Justin - yes, we will have hand sewn/embroidered pieces. We are using that style on our hoodie sweatshirt coming soon. it is really beautiful!

Awesome. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer all of our questions Dan.

Eric_Geller
04-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Just wanted to drop Dan a note saying how cool it is that he and Ashley are doing this. Star Wars fandom is huge, and leave it to awesome people like these two to really make women feel included and heard when it comes to apparel. Giving the fans what they want is the spirit of this new age of Star Wars, and I'm thrilled to see that you two are stepping up to do it.

keknivek
04-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Dan,
I'm sure I'm not giving you any news here, but Celebration V is coming. You guys really need to have something available for sale at that event. It would not only jumpstart the line, but it would get the stuff out there for others to see once they returned to their home states causing those around them to wonder... "where did you get that?"
Gonna have stuff at CV for purchase? At the Celebration store?
I REALLY want a Dams Denna action figure by the way. I think this should be our next "Ice Cream Maker Guy" petition.

Jorbex
04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
You guys really need to have something available for sale at that event.

A big +1 for this! I'd love to get something at CV. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DANMADSEN
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
For Eric - thanks for the nice thoughts Eric! Ashley is really intent on bringing the female fans a quality line of apparel and merchandise. I am excited to be helping her! Appreciate your support!

DANMADSEN
04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
For Keknevek (and Jorbex) - not only are we already scheduled to be at Celebration V with a huge brand new booth to really show off the merchandise but look for exciting new apparel and other fantastic items which will premiere only at C5! Ashley and I are looking forward to being there in a big way and meeting all of you face-to-face to show you the Her Universe line!

p.s. - A Dams Denna action figure?! Awesome! I'll sign the petition! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cpenafan
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
For Cpenafan - The difference is that these are designed for female fans of all shapes and sizes and not just juniors. Wait till you see the quality, too.

The nice guy in me say ok, but the male pig in me says that their should only be junior sizes.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif
austin

Mike_S
04-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Welcome Dan.

Shouldn't Dan Madsen be given VIP badge status?

Chris Wyman
04-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Shouldn't Dan Madsen be given VIP badge status?

Huh? Who? What?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TrooperKittie
04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for writing back Dan. I personally feel that's a very suitable price- especially if the quality is as high as you are selling it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyway, as a female fan that has ALWAYS come into this problem- you can say I am more than very excited about this line. Can you put every shirt/sweatshirt/whatever else you plan on throwing at me in size SM away for me now? I'll just send my car payment to you instead http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DANMADSEN
04-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Her Universe will be traveling to the following conventions this year offering the new Star Wars line. If you live near any of these, come by our booth, see the product first-hand and say hi to Ashley and I!

July 22-25 - San Diego Comic Con - San Diego, CA
August 12-15 - Star Wars Celebration V - Orlando, FL
August 19-22 - Chicago Comic Con - Chicago, IL
September 3-6 - Dragon Con - Atlanta, GA
October 8-10 - New York Comic Con - New York, NY http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kenobi77
04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Do you know if anything will be available for Star Wars Weekends at Disney Hollywood Studios?

DANMADSEN
04-30-2010, 08:26 AM
For Kenobi77 - Her Universe will not have a booth or be selling any of the new line at Star Wars Disney Weekends, however, Ashley will be there every weekend co-hosting the event and wearing some of the fantastic shirts you'll be able to find online and at conventions.

Dustin
04-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Dan, Don't all ex fan club presidents get like a %50 off discount?

Eric_Geller
04-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Does this discount include current Fan Club Presidents of other SW-related communities?

Sheldon
04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
http://forcecast.net/story/home/Ashley_Ecksteins_Star_Wars_Fashion_for_Females_130 871.asp

[/QUOTE]

WHOA! How cool are those renderings on a long female T silhouette?!!
Keep this up and our community will lose it's hard earned nerd status altogether.
Ashley's singlehandedly stripping the EEK out of the geek!

BTW Dan I happen to think you're the classiest most gracious guy in all of Stars Wars fandom. More power to ya.

Dustin
05-01-2010, 05:55 AM
BTW Dan I happen to think you're the classiest most gracious guy in all of Stars Wars fandom. More power to ya.

DITTO!!!!!!!!

DANMADSEN
05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Dustin - if ex-fan club president don't already, they should!! We'll have to work on that one! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DANMADSEN
05-01-2010, 10:37 AM
For Sheldon - thanks for the compliments! Flattery will get you everywhere! Ashley's new line will look beautiful on girls of all shapes and sizes! Can't wait to start seeing fangirls everywhere wearing these new designs!

Sheldon
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Ashley's new line will look beautiful on girls of all shapes and sizes! Can't wait to startY seeing fangirls everywhere wearing these new designs!

That's just it! These cuts have never existed before in SW fandom clothing lines. . Indeed all female fans will benefit!

Dustin
05-02-2010, 10:40 AM
OK I just caught the ForceCast with Dan and Ashley and I gotta say I am SUPER IMPRESSED with how Ashley just took the idea and ran with it and more importantly how they are positioning themselves for growth across the various franchises should they get other licenses etc etc. Her universe could become a ginourmous player in the growing market for female fan apparel.

Kudos to Ashley for sure and to Dan for helping out too! I recall Dan contacting me last year asking about female star wars fans, now I know what he was up to :-)

So, if you are borderline WTF on this subject I highly suggest listening to the podcast with Dan & Ashley!

gatodama
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey folks,

I just wanted to say what an honor it is to have been asked to contribute to this line. I am very excited to share the design with you all! I hope it is a hit with the fans. Since Ashley let the cat out of the bag on starwars.com I will just say I am designing a Han and Leia themed shirt! Can't wait to share it!

JediShua
05-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey folks,

I just wanted to say what an honor it is to have been asked to contribute to this line. I am very excited to share the design with you all! I hope it is a hit with the fans. Since Ashley let the cat out of the bag on starwars.com I will just say I am designing a Han and Leia themed shirt! Can't wait to share it!

My wife and I are a big fan of your art Cat, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you came up with too. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shazbazzar
05-03-2010, 09:19 AM

Can one really be an "ex-president" if no one has taken the post subsequently?

This line looks great! As my padawan gets older, we'll be shopping here more and more! Boys' cut shirts have been okay so far, but not for long. And she's getting to be quite the fangirl.

DANMADSEN
05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Cat - really looking forward to your shirt - love your art and can't wait to see your finished piece for the Her Universe line!

Dustin
05-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Can one really be an "ex-president" if no one has taken the post subsequently?

a
Yes when they say due to higher than expected budget costs for the death star, we're gonna have to let you go and we won't be posting your position anytime soon.

:-)

DANMADSEN
05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone - check out Ashley's new blog with a sneak peek at one of the cool new Ahsoka shirts coming from Her Universe!

http://heruniverse.com/blog/

DANMADSEN
05-04-2010, 08:30 PM
P.S. - Oh yeah, and May the Fourth be with you!!

Chris Wyman
05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
P.S. - Oh yeah, and May the Fourth be with you!!

May the 4th be with you, Dan. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JediShua
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone - check out Ashley's new blog with a sneak peek at one of the cool new Ahsoka shirts coming from Her Universe!

OK, I just found the first one I'm buying! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JustinL
05-05-2010, 06:28 AM

Cool design, but one thing bothers me a bit: the expected $30-$35 price point for most of the shirts.

That seems to be on the high side for a new clothing line that is just starting out and might deter some families from investing as much as they would have liked into the line.

Were there ever any discussions about starting the price points lower (say, $20 per shirt) and then slowly increasing the price as the line picked up steam and became more popular?

DANMADSEN
05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
For JustinL - thanks for your feedback. We are always concerned with price points and quality. It is important to us that the Her Universe line is accessible and well-made and well-designed! We are trying to keep our prices comparative with others such as Junk Food and Mark Echo. As for pricing, here is Ashley answering it herself from her latest blog on heruniverse.com:

How much will our t-shirts cost? I hold quality to the highest standard. I will not put a product out on the market if I wouldn’t personally use it or wear it myself. That being said, we are hard at work trying to offer you quality merchandise at affordable prices. Some of our prices are still being set, but we are trying to make our prices competitive with the other vendors. Look for our t-shirts to be in the $30-$35 range.

DANMADSEN
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
To all our new Her Universe fans out there - which Star Wars characters would you like to see featured in our new female apparel line? Let us know...always love to hear your feedback. We really listen!

Chris Wyman
05-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Dan, you guys have to get Beru Whitesun Lars in there!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070625220148/starwars/images/thumb/8/84/BeruWhitesunLars.jpg/180px-BeruWhitesunLars.jpg

TwinJediGirl
05-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I would love to see a few ships in the line, not just characters. The millenium falcon, x-wings, tie fighters, or pod racers spring to my mind!

Murray1134
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
With Hasbro relaunching the vintage look, how about some restyled vintage or retro inspired shirts.

Spencer_B3
05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
speaking of the vintage look, how about something with Jocasta Nu!

lazypadawan
05-07-2010, 08:50 PM
To all our new Her Universe fans out there - which Star Wars characters would you like to see featured in our new female apparel line? Let us know...always love to hear your feedback. We really listen!

Our heroines (Leia, Padmé, Ahsoka, female Jedi) and the bad girls (Asajj Ventress, Aurra Sing) of course! I've also wanted a Team Anakin shirt for God knows how long http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif. There's already a Han/Leia shirt in the works...there darn well better be an Anakin/Padmé one as well.

But I think just about any character is fair game for female fans. Some of us want Darth Vader, stormtroopers, and clones. Some of us want Jedi and heroes.

And we all like Chewbacca and Artoo!

TrooperKittie
05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Besides Padme, Leia and Ahsoka?

How about Mara Jade? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

forcemaster146
05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey, I have to say what a great idea this is. It's about time female fans start being recognized.

DANMADSEN
05-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who has shared their thoughts about which characters (and ships) they would like to see featured in Ashley's new Her Universe line for female fans - keep them coming! We're listening and taking notes! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DANMADSEN
05-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Just want to remind everyone that Ashley will be hosting (along with Jeremy Bulloch) Disney's Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studio theme park in Florida beginning May 21st (next Friday)and runs for four consecutive weekends. If you are in the area join in the fun and say "hi" to Ashley! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DANMADSEN
05-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Check out Ashley's latest blog at heruniverse.com regarding "what Star Wars means to you." Would love to hear your comments and thoughts. Also anyone out there going to Disney Star Wars Weekends this weekend?

Kenobi77
05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
We'll be heading down Saturday morning and hoping to see Ashley Sunday of weekend 1 and Friday of weekend 2!

ECHO_3
05-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Dan
Will you be at CV?
It would be a honor to meet you.
Eric

DANMADSEN
05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
We'll be heading down Saturday morning and hoping to see Ashley Sunday of weekend 1 and Friday of weekend 2!

Glad you are going! Say hi to Ashley!

DANMADSEN
05-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Dan
Will you be at CV?
It would be a honor to meet you.
Eric

Hi Eric - Ashley and I will both be at CV. Come by the Her Universe booth and say hello! Look forward to meeting you.

ECHO_3
05-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Dan
I will sir. It will be a highlight to the weekend for me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Eric

DANMADSEN
05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey Everyone - FYI:

Ashley Eckstein Offering First Look at New
Her Universe Fangirl Apparel Line as Host of Disney
Star Wars Weekends

May 25, 2010

As fans make their final preparations to attend Disney's Star Wars™ Weekends at Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida, they can look forward to getting a sneak peek at some of the cool, new female-focused apparel from Her Universe.™ This new line was created by Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the Araca Group – a leading production and merchandise company. Eckstein will be wearing select pieces from the line on stage and while signing autographs and meeting fans. The Her Universe line will be available for sale in June when the official online store launches and later in July at San Diego Comic-Con.

Disney’s Star Wars Weekends, always a fan favorite, celebrates the movie saga as well as Star Wars: The Clone Wars and began May 21st and runs for four consecutive weekends through June 13th. This year’s event, which celebrates the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, will be hosted every weekend by Ashley Eckstein and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett from The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi). Fans of all ages will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, creatures and droids of the Star Wars saga. In addition to Star Wars costumed characters, fun activities, and the Star Tours theme park ride, celebrity guests will be in attendance for meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and a classic Hollywood-style motorcade.

"I am so excited to be returning to Disney as a co-host for this amazing event. I truly enjoy meeting and interacting with the fans and I cannot wait to show them some of my new Star Wars shirts in person!" says Eckstein.

Eckstein’s partner, The Araca Group, has entered into a multi-year agreement with Lucas Licensing to develop and produce the Her Universe line, featuring fashionable Star Wars products for women, which will be made available at conventions throughout the country and via the Her Universe website. Fans can also learn more about Her Universe and get updates by going to www.heruniverse.com (http://www.heruniverse.com) and by following Ashley on Twitter at (https://twitter.com/HerUniverse) and visiting the Her Universe Facebook page at (http://www.facebook.com/HerUniverse).

DANMADSEN
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Who will be at San Diego Comic Con next month? Come by the Her Universe booth in the Star Wars Pavilion and meet Ashley!

Best
Dan

lazypadawan
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I'll be there http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

DANMADSEN
06-20-2010, 05:19 PM
FYI - something wonderful is happening this week at heruniverse.com!!!

Kenobi77
06-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Do you know what day? The website says 0 days until online store opens.

Kenobi77
06-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Store is active! I placed my order this morning!

JediShua
06-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Some great stuff for my girls on there. I will be buying several things very soon. (Getting my Christmas shopping done early) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimmyMac
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
FABULOSO! The Her Universe store is open. Congrats Ashley and Dan!

gryphon_ghost
06-21-2010, 03:21 PM
nice! the Her Universe store's looking good so far! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The_Chosen_1
06-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Looking good, Dan and Ashley!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DANMADSEN
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all the compliments on the new Her Universe website and online store! We're filling orders as we speak! Look for new product to be added soon, too. The Force is strong with the fangirls!

lazypadawan
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
I placed my order last night. I can't wait to get the stuff!

A couple of things...first, it would be great if we also had Pay Pal or something like it (Amazon Payments, for instance) as an option.

Second, I noticed that I did not get an order confirmation via e-mail. That's standard for most online stores. It's generally the best way I know for sure the store got my order on file.

Kenobi77
06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I got an email confirmation when I placed mine yesterday morning. Maybe there's a delay.

DANMADSEN
06-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, you should receive an email confirmation once you have placed your order.

lazypadawan
06-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Got my e-mail confirmation, thanks http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Kenobi77
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Just got the email saying that my order shipped! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sheldon
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Would a small or extra small be good for a 8 year old girl?

TrooperKittie
06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey Dan,

A bunch of us over @ Our Universe, a blog for female Star Wars fans, where wondering how new releases where going to work. Will new releases come in waves, like seasonal clothing. Will we be seeing the Fall 2010 collection of Her Universe http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ?

Thanks!

DANMADSEN
06-29-2010, 02:45 PM
probably a small.

DANMADSEN
06-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Trooperkittie - thanks for inquiring about Her Universe new releases. It would be best to continue to check often at the Her Universe online store as we will be adding new product all the time including items this Fall.

DANMADSEN
06-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Check out these two new great interviews with Ashley!

http://www.ugo.com/tv/exclusive-clone-wars-ashley-eckstein-geeks-out

and:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/TFN_Interview_Ashley_Eckstein_Revisited_132206.asp

Also:

Stay tuned for some exciting news on our Her Universe panel at San Diego Comic Con next month!

gatodama
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
So my morning just took a turn for the bright side! Fed ex just dropped off my t-shirt designed for Ashley Eckstein's Her Universe http://heruniverse.com/

This is all I can share for now but the wait is almost over! My shirt will be part of a big media push in a week or so. I cannot wait to share it with everyone! Once I have the all clear i will post the design, final shirt and the sketches.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/183/8/3/Her_Universe_T_Shirt_Teaser_by_gattadonna.jpg

I can't thank Ashley enough for asking me to participate in this venture!

Kenobi77
07-02-2010, 04:44 PM
My shirts arrived today. I ordered the black one with Ahsoka and Plo Koon and the purple logo shirt. The black is very stretchy which is good. The logo on the purple though is see through so I'll have to wear a shirt under that one.

gatodama
07-10-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/layout/ccihdr_r2_c2.gif

I'll be at my table in Artists Alley GG-04 all weekend

Saturday, July 24
6:30-7:30 Her Universe: Shining The Spotlight on Female Fans-Ashley Eckstein(Star Wars: The Clone Wars) brings together some of today's leading women who are movers and shakers in the various fields of sci-fi and fantasy. Looking at science fiction through female eyes, the panel will discuss what kinds of entertainment female sci-fi fans want to see more of, what strides have been made, what has been missing up to now, what kinds of merchandise female fans want to see, and what female fans can do to encourage more of all of this. Panelists include Jane Espenson (producer/writer, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Melinda Snodgrass (author, The Edge series; story editor Star Trek: The Next Generation), Erika Kennair (director of development and current programming, Syfy Channel), Cat Staggs(artist, Star Wars sketch cards, Marvel card sets), Bonnie Burton (content developer, Lucas Online, official SW Blog), Katie Cook (artist, Star Wars, comics, webcomic, Gronk), and Mary Franklin (senior events lead, Lucasfilm Ltd.). Q&A with audience members, too!Room 24ABC

Sheldon
07-11-2010, 10:25 AM
My question to Dan is …
Can you believe this . . . ?

We received our Her-Universe order but soon realized it was someone else's larger shipment that had been sent. But no worries we'll get that corrected. What happened however is that my wife and MOTHER-INLAW who, let me tell you are not precisely Star Wars fans, went BERSERK for the shirts!?
I convinced my wife Tina she needed appropriate attire for her one day at CV and to blend with her daughter in her Ahsoka Chibi shirt so she agreed to the simple Her-Universe “STAR WARS” purple T. But when I said you might as well look at these others (that we’re shipped accidentally to us) she fell in love with the ESB hoodie and the Padme Nouveau. And THEN my visiting 66 year old mother-in-law (granny) is looking the material over and greatly admiring the art of the Noveau shirt, exclaims “I WANT one of these, they’re beautiful.”
I’m in shock. You have to understand the whole Star Wars thing is a bit mysterious to them, and my and Chase’s obsession considered a little over the top. And my wife and her mother are pretty high end picky shoppers.
My point is this … Ashley and Dan you’ve out done yourself! The appeal of the Her-Universe line has accomplished its mission beyond what was perhaps even intended or at least what this SW guy comprehends.
Now we’re changing and increasing our order because the women in my life at least LOVE Her-Universe attire.
Congratulations!!

P.S. They were so enthusiastic, they were trying on the undersized clothing (probably a youth’s order - don’t worry, we kept it all perfect) but they wouldn’t model for me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif or I would have had pics for you - Maybe when they’re order comes in because they look fantastic in them!

Jorbex
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
My question to Dan is …
Can you believe this . . . ?

We received our Her-Universe order but soon realized it was someone else's larger shipment that had been sent. But no worries we'll get that corrected. What happened however is that my wife and MOTHER-INLAW who, let me tell you are not precisely Star Wars fans, went BERSERK for the shirts!?
I convinced my wife Tina she needed appropriate attire for her one day at CV and to blend with her daughter in her Ahsoka Chibi shirt so she agreed to the simple Her-Universe “STAR WARS” purple T. But when I said you might as well look at these others (that we’re shipped accidentally to us) she fell in love with the ESB hoodie and the Padme Nouveau. And THEN my visiting 66 year old mother-in-law (granny) is looking the material over and greatly admiring the art of the Noveau shirt, exclaims “I WANT one of these, they’re beautiful.”
I’m in shock. You have to understand the whole Star Wars thing is a bit mysterious to them, and my and Chase’s obsession considered a little over the top. And my wife and her mother are pretty high end picky shoppers.
My point is this … Ashley and Dan you’ve out done yourself! The appeal of the Her-Universe line has accomplished its mission beyond what was perhaps even intended or at least what this SW guy comprehends.
Now we’re changing and increasing our order because the women in my life at least LOVE Her-Universe attire.
Congratulations!!

P.S. They were so enthusiastic, they were trying on the undersized clothing (probably a youth’s order - don’t worry, we kept it all perfect) but they wouldn’t model for me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif or I would have had pics for you - Maybe when they’re order comes in because they look fantastic in them!

This has to be the best Star Wars tale EVER! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shazbazzar
07-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Greatness, Sheldon!
They're getting converted... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Angela_Skywalker
07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
That's so awesome, Sheldon. haha http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just made my first Her Universe order last night.
I got the purple logo tee. Can't wait for it to come in. In a couple of more weeks I'm getting the Padme and hopefully Luke shirts http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Satka
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
You know what, I'm coming on my own at CV, leaving my beloved and little one behind ... sounds kind of selfish doesn't it?
Well I think I'll try and bring something for her from CV.

Maybe the Art Nouveau Padmé ... or some jewelry ... I know they are "coming soon" ... will they be coming to CV?

Satka
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
You know what, I'm coming on my own at CV, leaving my beloved and little one behind ... sounds kind of selfish doesn't it?

Maybe the Art Nouveau Padmé ... or some jewelry ... I know they are "coming soon" ... will they be coming to CV?

Oh and you know what?
The fact that she just told me "Hey, we should watch the whole Saga before you go to CV!" makes me want to bring back the entire "Her Universe" collection http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jorbex
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM

Oh and you know what?
The fact that she just told me "Hey, we should watch the whole Saga before you go to CV!" makes me want to bring back the entire "Her Universe" collection http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gotta love wives like that!

I'm definitely gonna bring some Eckstein-designed shirts for my significant other. In fact, I'm guessing most of Her Universe's CV sales will go to absentee wives and girlfriends. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DANMADSEN
07-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Hi Sheldon - sorry for the mix up but glad the ladies in your house loved the Her Universe shirts! I trust all is well at this point!

DANMADSEN
07-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Hi Satka - great idea to bring something back from C5 from Her Universe. We'll look forward to seeing you at our booth. yes, there will be some necklaces there including one that is exclusive to C5!

DANMADSEN
07-14-2010, 02:08 AM
For Jorbex - we'll have the entire line at C5 and look forward to seeing you at the Her Universe booth!You can say hi to Ashley at the same time.

DANMADSEN
07-14-2010, 02:11 AM
For Angela_Skywalker - thanks for your first order Angela. I know you'll love the shirt. Appreciate your support of Her Universe. We're getting great feedback from the fans and glad to be providing female fans everywhere great-looking apparel!

Jorbex
07-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey Dan, Cat Staggs mentioned that he t-shirt should be coming out pretty soon; any idea when it'll be shown? Will it be premiered at San Diego?

TrooperKittie
07-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Hey Dan,
Awesome job with this - http://tinyurl.com/2963j38 - everyone I talk to is in love with it.
Will it be for sale at CV?

Jorbex
07-21-2010, 06:39 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1320/thumbs/Consigning.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1320/Consigning.jpg)

Very nice! I was most curious about Cat's design, and it does not disappoint! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sheldon
07-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I hope this isn't too much info but my wife's purple T arrived. She put it on...

I died and went to heaven : )

Jorbex
07-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I hope this isn't too much info but my wife's purple T arrived. She put it on...

I died and went to heaven : )

You should post some pics! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sheldon
07-21-2010, 11:46 AM
5 minutes ago The Padmle noveau arrived and the Ep5 hoodie.

This is fun.

Didn't know I'd be such a HU fan.

Now my daughter wants an Ep5
hoodie!

Good grief it it's contagious.

Jorbex
07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
The ESB hoodie looks very nice! I'm definitely going to stock up at CV.

DANMADSEN
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Sheldon - keep trying! We want to see photos of your ladies in their HU shirts! Thanks for relating the story!

DANMADSEN
07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
For Jorbex - Cat Staggs Han/Leia shirt did indeed premiere at last week's Comic Con and was a huge hit! Saw many lovely ladies wearing it all over the convention. Beautiful design by Cat on a great shirt!

DANMADSEN
07-27-2010, 10:26 PM
For Satka -yes, we'll have the entire line there along with a few surprises including an exclusive piece you will love!

DANMADSEN
07-27-2010, 10:28 PM
For TrooperKittie - yes, Cat Staggs' shirt will be available at C5 - it was a huge hit at Comic Con!

DANMADSEN
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
For Jorbex - the ESB hoodie is fantastic and was quite popular at Comic Con. We'll have some fantastic HU apparel for you to take home at C5!

Angela_Skywalker
07-27-2010, 11:40 PM
My 2nd order, the Padme Noveau finally came today. The poster on the shirt is even more amazing in person, online the characters at the bottom of the shirt (Han, little Anakin, etc) looked really small, but when you actually have the shirt they look a lot bigger. Very happy about that! This is definately my favorite shirt of the line. I'm hoping to get the Luke shirt and empire long sleeve soon.

I also have a question.
The new Han & Leia shirt is AMAZING, but I don't do V-Necks, since I had open heart surgery, I have a scar and I don't like wearing shirts that show it. Is there any chance the V-Neck shirts will eventually be available as a regular shirt? That would be awesome http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Satka
07-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Can't wait to see what you will have at CV! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I'll be at your booth from day 1 (what are the opening times for the booth btw?)

DANMADSEN
07-31-2010, 06:50 PM
For Angela_Skywalker - as far as I know there are no current plans to do the Han/Leia shirt without a v-neck but I will pass along your comments to Ashley! Glad you like the shirt you ordered - getting lots of positive comments on all of the HU line.

DANMADSEN
07-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi Satka - we'll have some fantastic shirts to offer at C5 - can't wait for you to see them in-person! We also have a great exclusive just for the convention. I believe the booth opens at 10am. See you there!

DANMADSEN
07-31-2010, 07:02 PM
CHECK OUT THE GREAT PIECE BONNIE BURTON DID OVER AT STARWARS.COM ON OUR HER UNIVERSE PANEL AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON - StarWars.com | Her Universe Comic-Con Panel: Focus on Female Fans

LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AT THE BIGGEST STAR WARS PARTY THIS YEAR IN ORLANDO - C5! ASHLEY WILL BE HOSTING A STAR WARS FASHION SHOW - STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS.

DANMADSEN
07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
For those of you who can't make it to C5, come see Ashley and visit the Her Universe booth in Chicago at Chicago Comic Con, August 19th thru the 22nd - the week after C5! You can find us at booth #220.

DANMADSEN
08-04-2010, 01:29 PM
CORRECTION - there has been a change to our booth number at Chicago Comic Con - Her Universe will now be in booth #214. Hope to see you there!

Sheldon
08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Sheldon - keep trying! We want to see photos of your ladies in their HU shirts! Thanks for relating the story!

VICTORY!!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/BEST_SW_shirts_with_all.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/BEST_SW_shirts_with_all.jpg)

All generations with one on the way!

Eric_Geller
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
That is one stylish family.

DANMADSEN
08-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Love the photos of the lovely ladies in your family Sheldon - good taste in shirts, too! I have passed it along to Ashley and the whole team here at Her Universe!!

Womp
08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
VICTORY!!
All generations with one on the way!

But the big question: Will you have a shirt for the "one on the way"?

Start 'em young! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Satka
08-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I just wanted to tell you that my wife liked the two HU shirts I got her from CV very much!

This is good quality stuff, and she wore one of them right away ... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Womp
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I told my wife about Her Universe and what you folks were doing. She got very excited about the prospect, and was doubly excited that you were coming to Dragon*Con.

Do you know who will be at the HU booth and where you'll be located during D*C? We plan on stopping by during the con.

DANMADSEN
08-24-2010, 04:12 PM
To Womp - yes, we will be at Dragon Con all four days. we will be located in the Marriott Marquis Ballroom #302. Ashley and I both will be there to greet fans and show off the new HU line! Also, we will be sponsoring this year the Star Wars track at Dragon Con so stop by the Star Wars room and check it out! Looking forward to seeing you all in Atlanta the end of next week!

DANMADSEN
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
For Sheldon - glad the shirts are a success! Nothing right now for the "one on the way" but you never know down-the-line!

DANMADSEN
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
For Satka - thanks for the nice comments! Ashley and the Her Universe team put a lot of time and effort into the design and quality of these shirts - it is first and foremost to us. When you hold the shirts in your hands you can see that. Lots of great new items coming in the near future!

JimmyMac
08-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Ashley and Dan are amazing. That's all I have to say!

Murray1134
08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
My wife loves her red Padme shirt we picked up at CV! Thanks Dan and Ashley!

cprav
08-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Any chance HU will ever offer reasonable shipping options? I was looking at ordering a hoodie, but with shipping the fairly reasonable $50 hoodie ends up being over $80! USPS would be WAY more reasonable than FedEx... Not to mention I'm not home during the day to accept deliveries. (I can't order ANYTHING star wars from the states because everything from swshop to entertainment earth to HU only offers FedEx options for shipping... which some people may want, but a choice would be nice http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe GL owns FedEx? lol)

I just can't afford $30 to ship something like that and have always had great service shipping via USPS. I just received a similar package from the states, shipped USPS for $5

Great line! keep up the great work http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope to be able to order something from the site one day!

jedijaysin
08-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Stupid question:Did Dan Madsen stay at the Peabody during CV,and if so did he enjoy the ducks as much as me and my family did.I wanted to ask for an autograph but wasn't sure if it was him or not?

The_Professor
09-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Don't have any questions, but I did want to personally thank you for all your years on the Lucasfilm Fan Club and Star Wars Insider magazines. I grew up in the "dark era" of Star Wars in the late eighties and early nineties. I started getting the fan magazine with issue #16. I anxiously awaited each new issue with the excitement of the seven-year-old I was! It only came four times a year back then, but it lit up my life for weeks because it was the only new thing in Star Wars out there.

I recently combed through all the issues I've saved since the beginning. I am especially thankful for the Prequel Update column. That was by far my favorite section for so many years. Thanks for all you did back then and best of luck with the clothing line. You certainly made my day back in the day when I was just a kid.

Dustin
09-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Dan it was awesome being in the fashion show at CV! Let's plan to do it again at Star Wars Fan Day 4 in Texas fall of 2011!

Was great seeing you again, and Ashley too!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:08 PM
For Murray 1134 - thanks! Glad your wife loves her shirt! More great apparel and items to come!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:11 PM
For Angela_Skywalker - there aren't any current plans to make the V-neck shirts as regular shirts but your request has been noted and will be brought to Ashley and the Her Universe team! So glad you love your Padme shirt!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
For cprav - your recommendations for shipping will be passed along. Thanks for your interest in HU!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
For Jedijaysin - yes, I did stay at the Peabody during C5 and I LOVED those ducks! Would stay there again just to see them each day. I am doing an autograph signing soon with Wattographs so stay tuned!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
For The_Professor - thanks for your kind comments - loved doing the Insider and Fan Club all those years! Nice to be working in the Star Wars universe with Ashley now. Those Prequel Updates were fun to do. I still stay in touch with Rick McCallum. A great guy and a lot of fun to talk to!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey Dustin - great to see you, too! You, Jimmy Mac and Jason were the highlight of the Fashion Show - no doubt about it! Get your runway style and look down for Fan Days 4!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Jimmy Mac is amazing - Nuff said!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Her Universe lands in the Big Apple for New York Comic Con - October 8th - 10th! Come see Ashley at the booth - more info to follow!

Eric_Geller
09-15-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't have a question for Dan, but here's a video we just posted of his ForceCast interview at CV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkUZZxjY3K4

Dan, I was the TFN guy who ran over and said hi before they brought you on. Nice to finally meet you!

DANMADSEN
09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi Eric - great to meet you at C5! Thanks for posting the interview - will hit the link and take a look.

DANMADSEN
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone - check out the news on our Her Universe message boards launching this Friday, October 1st! In addition to hanging around here on the Rebelscum forums you will be able to find me and many others over at the HU boards, too! Here's a link to the news: http://www.heruniverseshop.com/GeekGirlsUnitePR.aspx

DANMADSEN
10-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Her Universe announces new deal with Syfy! Check it out!

http://heruniverseshop.com/syfy_and_heruniverse.aspx

Venar
10-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I just asked my 9 years old daughter to brainstorm a few shirts she'd like.
Her answer:

1- Ventress dual-wielding black hoodie
2- A T-Shirt with the 4 different color clone troopers side by side: blue (rek) yellow (cody) green and red
3- Jawas thinkering or carrying R2

DANMADSEN
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
For Venar - thank your 9 year old daughter for those excellent ideas!!

DANMADSEN
11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Watch for some exciting new products for the holidays and specials coming soon on heruniverse.com!

DANMADSEN
11-16-2010, 01:45 PM
FREE SHIIPING THIS WEEK ONLY! Head on over to heruniverse.com to receive free shipping on your entire order. Just enter the code FREESHIP at checkout. Good till 11/21. We've got great holiday gift ideas for the female Star Wars fan!

keknivek
01-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Hey Dan. It was cool to meet you at CV. I was the guy that asked for a picture with you and my ObiWan costumed friend right at the end of the whole thing. Dems Danna! I'm hoping others pick up on the idea. We had a blast!