PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Ford Criticized For Burger Binges

Jade_Jedi
02-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Harrison Ford Criticized For Burger Binges (http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Harrison_Ford_Criticized_For_Burger_Binges_129802. asp)
After reading this article by err.....whoever and the comments made by Dr. Wendy Buckley I was left thinking, "So what!"
Ok so Harrison likes to go for a fly and when he gets to wherever he's going he buys a burger, big woop.

There a literally thousands of people who like to fly for a hobby, some fly to other places and buy cheese burgers some just fly around in circles.
I know of guys that do the same on motorbikes and cars, driving or riding in to the countryside looking at the beautiful scenery and heaven forbid something to eat along the way.

Flying, driving, riding or whatever for a hobby is something people are going to do regardless of what Harrison Ford or any celebrity says.
If frivolous consumption of fossil fuel and unnecessary carbon emissions is your main concern, then perhaps you might want to look and Nascar, F1 or moto GP first.
Taking a dig at a celeb just because he likes to go for a fly and grab a burger every now and then is pretty lame.

Just look at John Travolta, mad keen pilot and celeb, used his plan to help with Haiti, I also seem to recall Harrison using his plane during some other natural disaster a while ago but do we hear about that? No.

Lets get our priorities straight here, the guy is just trying to enjoy the simple things, there are bigger carbon polluters out there, what say we concentrate on them first huh?

Cramer
02-28-2010, 10:41 AM
This is very small picture thinking. It's not about the burger, it's about the trip. Just like anyone with a car or motorcycle hobby, you pick a place you like to drive to just to make the trip

youllbedead
02-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I would hate to be a celebrity. It seems like you can't even breathe without someone complaining you do it too loudly.