PDA

View Full Version : Your best Non-Williams SW music

Satka
11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi there,

I know there are plenty of SW-related music out there (thank the GOM for helping us discover a larger world !), but there is a background music I very regularly use when friends or family are around, and I haven't heard it in a GOM yet (I haven't listened to them all, to be honest)

It is "Sketches on Star Wars" by the Trotter Trio.
Nothing invasive, it is the kind of soft jazzy music you don't really pay attention to, unless you're familiar with SW music, and suddenly stop the conversation you're into to wonder "Wait, is that Princess Leia's theme?" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And that really not obviously "in your face" reference to the Saga is the kind of thing I like. Invisible until you notice it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's my best Non-JW-SW-Music

What's yours?

Eric_Geller
11-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Some of my favorite non-JW SW music comes from the album "Cocktails in the Cantina." Really classy takes on the classic tunes from that galaxy far, far away.

Murray1134
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
There isn't really any one in particular type that I like more than another. Although I did download some of the techno remixes that people have put out there and really enjoyed those.

walkingcarpet
11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I guess I'm one of the few, but I really liked the earlier stuff from Season 1 of TCW, like the techno-y stuff in the droid episodes and stuff. I dug it, and it kind of bummed me out when everyone pretty much universally started complaining about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some John Williams. He's one of the reasons I went into the major I did in school, but it was really really cool to see the music in Star Wars go a different direction for once. They've let everything else change in Star Wars over the years, why not the music? As iconic as it is, at a point it starts to feel a bit on the generic side.