PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the staff at FD3

jadams
10-26-2009, 07:37 AM
I just wanted to be the first to thank the staff at FD, everyone was polite, informed, and not afraid to interact (for the most part) with the attendees.

My son and I had a pleasant Sunday, spoke with a couple of Actors, (Ray Park was without a doubt the nicest celebrity we have ever encountered, hats off to him.) the clone wars voice actors enteracted with the kids big time, doing other voices, etc.

Great job, keep this up and pretty soon you will have to move it out of the Plano Center, because you are going to outgrow it.

A sincere thanks again.

P.S. If anyone has an extra FD lanard and you want to sell it, I would be willing to kick down a couple of bucks for one or two.

Eric_Geller
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
I'd like to echo this sentiment. There were times when I would have been lost without the staff and volunteers at FD3. You guys rock!

NeoMaximuz
10-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Everyone was awesome. This was my wife and I's first convention and though we were both a bit nervous because we were lost at first, we had the time of our lives and the whole weekend was a Star Wars dream come true! So thanks to everyone, the staff, the exhibitors, the celebs, the costumed fans, the non-costumed fans... it was a blast, and here's to more FanDays and Celebration V!

Thanks to all the scummers I got to meet in person, and hopefully between now and the next one I get to make more friends on here since I'm still fairly fresh on the boards!

SoonerSean
10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I think it was the best FD event yet... due in large part to having all the CW voice actors present along with Dave Filoni. Great group of folks and incredible to be able to see them all at once.

But also - everything was so well run and that's saying something when you have a large crowd. Just seemed like, to me anyway, that things ran very smoothly.

FD is such a great event that I'm always sad when it ends and have a hard time believing it will be another year before we can do it again.

Great job to Ben and his staff, the RS folks, and all the volunteers.

Karagin
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I agree this one an awesome event and being able to attend this year verses being in Iraq made even better for me. Plus I actually won some thing during the raffle at the breakfast. I normally don't win those kind of the things.

The staff was amazing. My wife had a nice talk with Anna and Steve and she was very happy and impressed. The dealers were friendly and the actors very nice people. The voice actors were great. James was really nice and very friendly to talk with. The folks from the 501st were awesome. The pink Royal Guard trooper auctioned off for Breast Cancer was amazing and watching the bidding for it was some of the fun of the day. All of the panels talking about different things related to SW were fun. Wish there was more time in the day to see all of them.

Overall the staff was amazing, they made it all work and went out of their way to make sure that the fans were having a good time. I can not wait till next year.

Looking forward to more of these.

DarthBobul
10-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Finally back in New Jersey and so glad that we made th ereip all the way out to Texas for this event. As stated before, the staff at this event was amazing. One week before I was at the Wizard Big Apple Con where their volunteers new very little of what was going on through out the show and where things were taking place. However, FD was not the same story. The staff was visible throughout the show making it easy to get info when needed. I was glad to see that many had to refer to the schedules they all seemed to carry with them when precise info was needed. Was also glad to see Ben at the door when we entered the floor. Not always do you see the organizer of a convention so hands on.
ALL of the actors were great. I cant pick out just one or two who stood out to me, they were all awesome. The talent in attendance was also very varied giving every generation (orginal trilogy, prequels, CW) something to relate to.
The breakfast was the first I had ever been to so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was a great expereince. Very well put together and organized. And having first access was a great perk as well.
All in all FD is an event I can see myself coming to for years to come. Thank you so very much for such a great weekend and keep up the great work!

shazbazzar
10-27-2009, 06:17 AM
My first con...my kids' first con...and it was a spectacular event!
I thought it would just be my son and I at Fan Days, but my daughter wanted to come, too, so who was I to say "no"? Fan Days affected her greatly. She spent the whole drive home (about 13 hours) talking about how great Fan Days was, how she's a huge Star Wars fan, and how she can't wait to go again. Of course, my son has always been a "really big Star Wars fan", as he's so apt to tell people.

The venue was great, the days were well-organized, but there was so much more to do than we had time for. The best thing was having this means by which I could meet so many people I've been talking to for years here at Rebelscum.

Thanks for a wonderful experience. I hope to do it again.

jedijaysin
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made this possible, staff,guests and fans.Looking forward to see everyone again next year.

Vader71
10-27-2009, 07:30 AM
I would like to thank everyone as well, they made it a great weekend for me.
Best run show by far!

Jorbex
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I had a few minor gripes about the staff, but nothing that affected my overall experience. Kudos to the organizers, guests and particularly to all my fellow fans; thank you all! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DarthBobul
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I thought it would just be my son and I at Fan Days, but my daughter wanted to come, too, so who was I to say "no"? Fan Days affected her greatly. She spent the whole drive home (about 13 hours) talking about how great Fan Days was, how she's a huge Star Wars fan, and how she can't wait to go again. Of course, my son has always been a "really big Star Wars fan", as he's so apt to tell people.

The venue was great, the days were well-organized, but there was so much more to do than we had time for. The best thing was having this means by which I could meet so many people I've been talking to for years here at Rebelscum.

Thanks for a wonderful experience. I hope to do it again.

Out of curiousity how old are your kids? I ask only because I was very happy to see so many young kids at this show. It proves it was a kid friendly show and that Star Wars has a younger generation that is ready to pick up where we leave off.

Ben_JC
10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi guys, this is Grimby from the Jedi Council Forums. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Philip Wise, Ben Stevens, and everyone else involved in making Fan Days a great success. I traveled down from Denver with a friend and we both had a blast. The con was very well put together, and I was very impressed with the amount of guests and fan group participation that was involved. It was also nice to attend a con that was solely devoted to Star Wars! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks again everyone!

shazbazzar
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM

Out of curiousity how old are your kids? I ask only because I was very happy to see so many young kids at this show. It proves it was a kid friendly show and that Star Wars has a younger generation that is ready to pick up where we leave off.

10 and 7. Because of this, we spent more time with Clone Wars people than with the saga actors in the autograph room (but I'm not complaining -- it's a lot of fun seeing Star Wars through my kids' eyes). I could have handled another day of this in order to accomplish everything. What a great weekend!

NeoMaximuz
10-29-2009, 10:49 AM
So... when do we find out more info on FD IV? I want another one already!

Chris Wyman
11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
So... when do we find out more info on FD IV? I want another one already!

Keep your eyes on this thread (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=50&Number=3815685&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#3815685). http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif