PDA

View Full Version : Autograph question

deathstar1000
10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey guys

In the past when I would get an autograph, I would normally take Hasbro figs and have the actor/actress sign their name.

Since I'm pretty much getting out of Hasbro, I think I'm going to get into getting a poster signed or individual pictures.

My question is. Do I just get their signature or do I get it personalized? If personalized, what should I/do you guys normally get on it?

Holla300
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
If I get mine personlized, I try to get them to add a line from the movie or something along those terms. You might want to ask in the autograph section.

Vader71
10-04-2009, 11:57 AM
It is all about what you want. If you ever want to resell them later they are better without the personalization but I personally like having some of mine personalized to me, and yeah the movie quotes are a cool addition as well.

bnrred5
10-04-2009, 12:01 PM
i like everything personalized, b/c it is for me. only exceptions are cast photos or cast cards. unless i have something specific, i usually ask them to add something special that they want, for a quote. i often ask for them to add their character name. hope this helps.

jedijaysin
10-04-2009, 12:59 PM
If you get your photos/posters or even packaged figures personalized,it makes it a little more special or personal for you.If you just want to sell the photo at a later date I suggest not personalized,but adding a movie quote and the character's name is a good idea.

DarthBobul
10-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I always have my photos personalized to me because then I can show I can actually met that person. If I can get that person to add a line of theirs from the movie it makes it even better. Rick McCallum asked me if he could and I said sure. When I walked away and read the photo he had added, "Come Robert, join me on the Dark Side. Till we meet again, May the Force Be With You" I didnt ask him to do it, but the fact he and i talked for awhile and he wrote that on the photo makes it one of my favorite pieces. My suggestion: get your photos personalized. You lose monetary value, but gain personal value.

DarthBobul
10-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I always have my photos personalized to me because then I can show I can actually met that person. If I can get that person to add a line of theirs from the movie it makes it even better. Rick McCallum asked me if he could and I said sure. When I walked away and read the photo he had added, "Come Robert, join me on the Dark Side. Till we meet again, May the Force Be With You" I didnt ask him to do it, but the fact he and i talked for awhile and he wrote that on the photo makes it one of my favorite pieces. My suggestion: get your photos personalized. You lose monetary value, but gain personal value.

jedimom
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I prefer personalized for the same reason...its for me, not to sell, and it shows I've met the person.

DarthPotts1975
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
When I first started with autographs I had things personalized but do not anymore.....And especially not on posters.

deathstar1000
10-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

I think for single pics, I want to go with personalized and with posters, definitely just sigs.

One of my favorite personalized auto that I have seen was one that said: "Joe", we will always have Alderaan. Love Carrie Fisher.

I really want a Hayden pic, but I don't know what would be a good way to personalize it.

deathstar1000
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
What do you guys recommend for signing plaques? Would a regular Sharpie work, like the ones they are given?

DarthPotts1975
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
What do you guys recommend for signing plaques? Would a regular Sharpie work, like the ones they are given?

Yep, Sharpies will work fine.