PDA

View Full Version : ForceCast: October 2, 2009 - TCW S2 Premiere!

JustinL
10-02-2009, 10:51 AM
http://www.forcecast.net/images/fc-300x300.jpg

The ForceCast celebrates tonight's return of The Clone Wars with special guest Dave Filoni. During this exclusive interview, Dave answers some of our questions, and yours, about what he and his crew learned from Season 1, what we can expect from Season 2 (Mandalorians anyone?), and what role the EU may or may not play in the show's development. We also have your week's Star Wars news, Billy Dee's Quote of the Week, and much, much more.

http://www.forcecast.net/story/topstory/Weekly_ForceCast_October_2_2009_126818.asp

ChancellorStrife
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Listening now!

GAR
10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm coming out of deep forum hibernation to tell you that I am a P1 (regular listener to Sports Radio 1310 the Ticket) and I heard the clips you played live on local radio. They do, in fact call the new stadium the Death Star, and Bob of BaD radio is a pretty big SW fan. They're the show that interviewed Anthony Daniels.

They also have been calling Tony Romo (Quarterback) a "Jedi" for a few years now, and Bob has a hilariously terrible Yoda impression. Here's a cute fan-made photo featuring Cowboys owner Jerry Jones as the Emperor by another Ticket listener.

http://gordonkeith.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/emperor_jerry_death_star.jpg

Keep up the good work and stellar interviews guys. At the risk of overstepping forum bounds, let me also mention that there are also a few other good Star Wars podcasts out there, and a great one for the over 18 crowd. It starts with a V and is available on iTunes. (sorry, I'm a huge fan of theirs, and I would feel bad if I didn't spread the word)

Thanks for all you do on the ForceCast and keep it up!

Matuck
10-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Dave Filoni is awesome.... listened to the show once this week and am ready to listen to his interview again because if anyone has a line on the answers we want it's this guy. VERY interested to see how Clone Wars handles Mandalorians now.

Not that I want the CW to end but can't wait till the show is over and we can pick Dave's brain a little more about all thigns Star Wars and he doesn't have to be so cagey. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Matt from Austin

Katana_Geldar
10-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Love Jason's Kermit impersonation.

Sheldon
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Love Jason's Kermit impersonation.

DITTO - and then the transformation into GL, hilarious!

Brad_Bane
10-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Well, since the ForceCast is G-level canon only now, can you guys recommend a good EU podcast?

ObiWannabe
10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Another great show, guys! The level of access to Lucasfilm that Jimmy and Jason are able to bring to all the rest of us still blows me away. We are so lucky to have such amazing hosts who are willing to do all that they can to bring us as much Star Wars as possible. So many people would fall into the trap of making the show all about themselves, but Jason and Jimmy have never even come close to that. They joked about and downplayed their roles as "influential members of the Star Wars media" in this episode, but it is clear that the ForceCast has become one of the most respected entities out there by Lucasfilm and the wonderful individuals that work there. Jason and Jimmy have indeed risen in the ranks and tapped into the inner circle of Star Wars, but still feel like just another couple of fans that I can relate to and with whom we all could be friends with.

Along those same lines, we are also incredibly lucky to have amazing people like Dave Filoni guiding our beloved Star Wars universe. Dave is truly one of us fans and continues to look out for the interests of the fans in general. The Clone Wars are just fantastic and season 2 looks to be set to take the series to new heights. It's good to know that we have more to look forward to from the likes of Dave and his crew.

adam_qd
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, since the ForceCast is G-level canon only now, can you guys recommend a good EU podcast?

I'm searching for one myself, I'll let you know if I come across one... The Clone Wars isn't what I feel Star Wars should be, and Jason spits at or shows any EU news in a bad light, I had a good run with the FC, since day 1, but an EU free Star Wars isn't Star Wars to me. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JimmyMac
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I meant to imply that our opinions and preferences tend to lean towards G-Level. We are not going to be "EU Free". As a matter of fact, there are a few Microcasts coming soon that will be VERY much about the Expanded Universe.

adam_qd
10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
I know Jimmy, Youdaman! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Love what you bring to the table, and I'm obviously all for G-canon, Star Wars is the Center of my Being, but Jason seems to turn every news item or interview into "A case against the expanded Universe". Your "Good Cop" routine, and general good feeling towards the EU and even Billy Dee's dulcet tones cant take the sharpness out of Jason's opinion TBH.

edit: For the Record I completely hold George as a God, and his canon as #1. (I dont want to sound like some "EU only" guy)But I see the EU and the films as ONE Continuity, and take it very seriously, some of my favorite Star wars adventures since 1983 have been in the EU, I just have a strong connection to it, and People discrediting it is like some punk bullying my kids lol.

Katana_Geldar
10-07-2009, 06:30 AM
I have the feeling what one of those EU minicats will be about, just don't forget the Billy Dee. Makes it so much better.

Brad_Bane
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM

I'm searching for one myself, I'll let you know if I come across one... The Clone Wars isn't what I feel Star Wars should be, and Jason spits at or shows any EU news in a bad light, I had a good run with the FC, since day 1, but an EU free Star Wars isn't Star Wars to me. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Big Honkin' Steve on the Geek Outloud podcast plugged "The Unknown Regions" EU podcast, whose latest episode can be found here:

http://theunknownregions.com/

Haven't had the chance to listen to it yet, but Steve said it was great.

EvilEnglish
10-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for that! I found them on ITunes and will check them out.

I think the one thing that frustrates me the most about what I feel is the BEST podcast in the Star Wars universe (And I love you guys, Jason and Jimmy) is the constant trashing of the EU.

You've got to understand that a lot of us grabbed on to the books during the years when there was NO hope of any new Star Wars content, and like it or not, Lucas ALLOWED these books to be produced and earned income off of them.

I'm not going to sit here and say that each book is gold, or that it should be the final say, but I feel like Jason takes a little too much joy in trashing the EU.

Also, damn guys... You gave a whole episode to Trek... To TREK!!!

Maybe if you had some authors on and interviewed them, you'd have a modicum of respect for the books. You could even tie in your Audible.com sponsorship...

I did think it was funny at first to play the Billy Dee music during the EU portions of the show.

I just wish Jason wouldn't crap all over the whole thing. I actually LIKE that you guys do not accept it all as great just because it has a Star Wars name on it.

And, please don't take it as "You just can't win with THESE people..." All I'm saying is each part of Star Wars has a group that loves it and another group who it is "not so much" with.

Imagine how it would feel to have all that love and enthusiasm you have for TCW crapped on each week by your favorite show. After a while, you almost dread for it to even be brought up (especially the Karen Traviss-ty).

I mean, we get it. You don't like it...

I still love you guys and the show. Just 2 cents from a fan...

Katana_Geldar
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Hey, there's good EU, mediocre EU and downright bad EU. Don't think EU fans are not critical, we are! We hardly agree on anything, especially since the NJO came out.

What annoys me is not Jason "trashing" the EU (though he says that he doesn't) but the fact he lumps it all together in one pile and calls it stupid.

Now...how did I get a West Wing quote into that? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Murray1134
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
A lot of "those people" that they are referring to is people who write them emails bashing them for not knowing who Nathan Fillion is or that they didn't watch Firefly or bashing for not buying a DVD the day it came out.

They ready EVERY email, even those from the trolls who listen to the show. The arguments and points brought up here on the forums concerning the EU are almost always well thought out and very insightful. I'm not trying to speak for Jason and Jimmy, but just from what I have pieced together in over 3 years of listening to the show.

I would say a very large part of Jason's attitude is just playful poking and ribbing. I've heard some true negative comments from "other" SW podcasts and geek related materials and you can definitely tell a difference in the tone and delivery between Jason and "others." A lot changed when Pete left the show, Pete used to be much more of counter to Jason's EU attitude.

A lot of Jason's frustration seems to stem from asking a question about something in the movies or TCW and the blanket response back is "Oh, that was answered in this comic or this book." He wants to know George Lucas's answer to that question not Karen Traviss, Karen Miller, Timothy Zahn, Matthew Stover, etc. 's answer.

I really enjoy the EU, I've read much more that I've liked than I haven't liked. Things have been so much better since Bantam lost the license (some days I still wake up screaming "Waru! No!" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I know at least with the Clone Wars era stuff (that's what I'm currently reading) I really prefer TCW to any of the EU books.

Katana_Geldar
10-13-2009, 03:27 AM
There are things worse than Waru, like Kuat of Kuat who can Kuat himself for all I care, and Triclops and the Glove of Darth Vader.

adam_qd
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Imagine how it would feel to have all that love and enthusiasm you have for TCW crapped on each week by your favorite show. After a while, you almost dread for it to even be brought up

Agreed, That's basically my concern... I have listened to every single show since Jason and Pete Took it on, and consider myself a fan... But... Since TCW, I have found that I am a Polar Opposite in opinion of the Continuity. I think that the Clone Wars TV show is high Quality Animation and the Mass media dreadnought has done nothing short of assimilate the entire Franchise, and you have to respect such a feat... But I HATE the Show, It's Just not what I want from Star Wars, it's in an Era that has been covered to Death and is kinda low Brow. I love the Novels and Comics, and I'm afraid the Show and I have just parted ways as fans.

and for the record I dont think George would ever come out and say that the EU isn't a part of the Universe... Could you imagine how much money he would lose if the books, comics, games, guides etc ceased to sell? :lol: