PDA

View Full Version : Vader Eyes

Sheldon
09-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I haven't watched episode IV in a few years and last night I saw it on my big screen for the first time. I cherish the films and only pull them out when I think the time is right.

I have to say that Star Wars movie from '77 is a darn good movie - such an amazing movie. And I'm so thrilled to realize that the prequels HAVE made it better. I see Vader so differently and Ben, Beru and Owen and... everybody. I was surprised to see how fresh it was with all the new backstory. The animated series as well have for me bridged the gap between Ben and Obiwan.

But one thing in particular however really stood out - VADER's EYES. On the big screen you see his eyes through the red tint constantly, unike on small SD screens. WOW it's Anakin in there - for the first time I could really feel Anakin's history, Anikin himself inside Vader. Chilling!

Star Wars truly does gets better with age.

Cramer
09-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Star Wars truly does gets better with age.

And with High Def. The first time I watched ANH on a high def tv (standard DVD, mind you) I noticed the little red lights in the Rebel's blaster scopes. Never saw those before.

When I saw ESB in true high def on MTV (well, not true 1080, but whatever their upconvert is. Around 720) recently I couldn't believe how amazing the paint job on Vader's shoulder armor was! I've painted my Vader armor so I've done the research on costuming sites about what the closest gunmetal grey match is by number and have a LOT of reference photos, but nothing shows the depth of the original other than HD. It really looks like polished aluminum even though it's just painted fiberglass.

Also puppet Yoda's eyes are very high quality glass faux eyes, so the depth and clarity of the pupil and the patterns around it are as lifelike as you can get. Unfortunately that made subsequent viewings of CGI Yoda seem less life-like because his eyes weren't as real looking

cprav
09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Sounds like I need to have a Star Wars marathon now that I've got an HD tv!!