PDA

View Full Version : Live SW TV Speculation

Darth_Pyka
09-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Has anyone suggested that the Live show may center around Black Hand (I think that is right) the crime syndicate run by Prince Xizor from Shadows of The Empire? This was a project that GL was VERY involved with, but none of that material has been expanded upon or touched in the prequels or Clone Wars. Seems ripe for material and really fits the "Sopranos meets Deadwood" model. Maybe this material has been off limits for years for this very reason? Thought I'd toss it out there...

Jorbex
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
You're thinking about Black Sun, and that sounds like a very likely possibility, indeed. I must clarify, though, that Black Sun has already appeared in Clone Wars; Ziro the Hutt is a vigo in that organization.

MosEisleyTX
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I hadn't even thought about really focussing in on Black Sun for the Live Action show, but now that I've thought about it, that sounds beyond awesome. I don't think Black Sun should be the main focus of the show but having episodes go back and forth between the rebels (I think we're going to be seeing a lot of Mon Mothma and Bail Organa as far as that goes) Black Sun, and the empire would really be all encompassing of the galaxy.

All three organizations are really coming into their own at this point in time in the Galaxy and by covering all three, I think we'd really get the full spectrum of the times. Bounty Hunters, the rebels building alliances and getting ready to fight, the empire working to build control, etc. etc. That sounds like perfect SW action to me.

Also, who else thinks it would be unbelivably cool to get to see a little bit of Luke growing up on Tatooine? I know GL has supposedly said no major characters, but as Jason said a while back, is "young Luke" a major character, if you're being really specific?
I wouldn't want to see it week in and week out, but I would love to see a little bit of Luke and Biggs and Tank and Fixer and Camie, etc at Tochse station. Heck even getting the stories of Biggs leaving Tatooine or seeing Luke's friends would be beyond awesome.
Sorry to ramble, just the thought of what the live action series has in store gets me really excited, I think this is going to be exactly what Star Wars needs right now.

walkingcarpet
09-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I think it's Black Sun. Black Hand was the group that went after Batman in the recent R.I.P. story. Or at least, for me...

Anyways, it would be very cool to see a bunch of Black Sun. Maybe we'll get some Ziro series crossover... And seeing Xisor in action would be kind of awesome.

Something else, you could totally use Dash Rendar in the story as the kind of Han Solo character. You'd get that kind of character without using the main character.

walkingcarpet
09-17-2009, 01:41 PM
And seeing the Outrider in action would be pretty dang cool too.

JediShua
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I think I heard some rumor of it being a branch of the organization called Black Elbow. They specialize in smuggling Ewok arm warmers.

I don't think GL will do anything that has been done before. Unless he is getting flexible in his old age and starts listening to suggestions from within his organization. But, you never know... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

walkingcarpet
09-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I think I heard some rumor of it being a branch of the organization called Black Elbow. They specialize in smuggling Ewok arm warmers.

I don't think GL will do anything that has been done before. Unless he is getting flexible in his old age and starts listening to suggestions from within his organization. But, you never know... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Clone Wars had been done before. He doesn't have to tell the same stories that other people have told, he could just use Black Sun as a kind of point of reference or something.

Katana_Geldar
09-18-2009, 07:15 AM
I have heard that we will be seeing that battle refered to in the opening crawl of ANH when Princess Leia recieved the plans. Please don't ask me where I have heard this.

One thing I am hoping to see is some Imperial Senate scenes, perhaps with Pooja Naberrie as she was senator then. And, would it not be beyond cool, to see Mara Jade, even just once? I don't really LIKE her, but another nod to Tim Zahn would be nice.

Darth_Pyka
09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
You're thinking about Black Sun, and that sounds like a very likely possibility, indeed. I must clarify, though, that Black Sun has already appeared in Clone Wars; Ziro the Hutt is a vigo in that organization.

Ah, thanks. It has been a long time since I read Shadows and I've slept since then! I like the idea of using the Dash Rendar character as in a Han-like way. Actually, Rendar and Talon Karde could function a lot like Han & Lando...

I think seeing Mara Jade as the Emperor's secret assasin would be awesome, and I would love to see some of Thrawn's early years! I know many will disagree with me (Jason) but I do consider the first Thrawn trilogy to be canon, so seeing these characters in their development would be 2 sweet!

cprav
09-18-2009, 02:28 PM
OMG Yes! I'd love to see Mara Jade http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Guess it depends on the time frame of the show. I don't remember her age in relation to Luke's, but if this happens directly after ep. 3, Luke would be very young.

(I don't he won't be in it, just using him as a guide, age wise for Mara)

Darth_Pyka
09-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure she was older than he.

MosEisleyTX
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
I know many will disagree with me (Jason) but I do consider the first Thrawn trilogy to be canon, so seeing these characters in their development would be 2 sweet!

Actually I don't think many will disagree with you on this. I'm going to go find it, but I know that George Lucas has said he sees the Thrawn trilogy as the closest thing to his vision of Star Wars in the EU, or something along those lines.
I think as far as GL using EU established characters in the live action show, (or any further G-Level stuff for that matter) the characters from the Thrawn series are the most likely to show up.

I don't want to be negative, but what if we're looking at this all wrong? What if everything in the live action series is going to be new? So much of the Clone Wars cartoon has been new characters, content, and continuity. And that already has fairly established stories and history. The era we're discussing for the live action show is by and large completely un-charted territory in SW lore. I guess that's not a bad thing, the only thing that worries me is that respect or rather awareness of what the EU has established. Whatever happens in this live action show is going to have huge implications for the original trilogy, the events in between the films, and the stories after the original films as well.

So my question for that is: Are we going to see established EU and OT characters, that we could explore the back story of during that time, or are we really going to be seeing all new characters and stories?

My whole thought on this upcoming series is that is legitimately going to be a series for the fans, by the fans. I really can't wait to hear all about who's behind this series (writers, actors, etc.) because I really think its all going to be people who love and respect the original trilogy and want to pay an homage to that original vision.
We're already seeing this with the Clone Wars series through throwbacks to Mcquarrie's concepts and ideas, a distinct hero feel that is reminiscent of the OT, etc, but it still retains the huge scale of the prequels and the focus on the Jedi and the politics behind the break up of the republic.
With the live action series though, I think it is literally going to feel like those first exposures we got to Star Wars as kids. You'll be able to see George's original vision in every episode. If we take what we've heard so far (no major characters, no jedi, no Vader) we could literally be watching what so many of us loved in the OT and in novels like the X-Wing series, the Thrawn trilogy, and Shadows of the Empire; stories that really show us the entire galaxy, not just the jedi council and the political maneuverings of Palpatine. I love the stories of the Jedi as much as anyone if not more, but It would be so awesome to get to see that old-school vision where you really get to see a whole spectrum of heroes and villains again every week on your tv screen with real actors.

Sorry to make such a long post, I didn't mean to ramble on http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and sorry if I came across in any part of that as ragging on the PT, that was totally not my intention.

Katana_Geldar
09-18-2009, 11:23 PM
As much as I'd like to see references to existing characters, having new ones as the main characters for the TV series would be great as these guys could be more or less the heroes of their own story.

It's of my opinion that what is wrong with the EU is that they're afraid to make new characters protagonists, some of the best EU novels only have a few film characters.

Satka
09-19-2009, 06:47 AM
It's of my opinion that what is wrong with the EU is that they're afraid to make new characters protagonists, some of the best EU novels only have a few film characters.

Agreed.

The movies established the reality of our beloved heroes and the environment they evolve in.
I don't think Luke, Vader or Fett need many more screen or book appearances to become more iconic than they already are.

On the other hand, I'd like to see the average galactic denizen, understand how he feels the might of the Empire, the pressure of shady organizations or the faint hope of the Rebellion. Without being a hero or an archetype.

Star Wars created legends. What if it created real stories too?
(well that's what I'd like to see in the live action show http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Cramer
09-19-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't know about this talk of the Thrawn trilogy. George didn't pay it any mind when he changed it's version of Padme's death or the length of the Clone Wars. I think we've seen a lot of nods to the the Thrawn books in the Clone Wars, but I think Filoni said he wanted to put that in.

As for main characters vs. non-main. I think I remember George saying that the Clone Wars show would focus on Ashoka and other off-screen or little seen Jedi. Which, it does. But he had to make the actual main characters Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda. So, I wouldn't be surprised either if the show does have central characters to the saga as main characters. And I don't mean Boba Fett. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Murray1134
09-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I like the underworld aspect. Maybe we see some Bounty Hunters chasing down rebels and any Jedi who may have survived Order 66.

Katana_Geldar
09-19-2009, 06:10 PM
We're talking about a continuity nod, Cramer, not making them main characters. George does PLENTY of continuity nods.

Murray1134
09-19-2009, 09:05 PM
A lot seems to have been placed on this comment by GL saying "No major characters" but whom does GL consider a major character vs. a non-major character?

We might consider someone like Wedge to be a major character, but GL might not.

Although i think it woudl be really funny if they did make a Weequay Janitor in at least one shot. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

IndianaKenobi
09-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Here are my 2 cents in the LAS,

I’m willing to bet that they shoot in Australia – mainly because McCallum and crew are already familiar with the Sydney Fox studios etc. Although I doubt they will use majority Australian actors if they do I hope they at least pick the good looking ones. At least then we can get some toys to make the 'pretty people' of the Star Wars Universe. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ever since I first heard about the series I have had the image in my head of bounty hunters and assassins chasing Jedi and any other enemies of the Empire.

These images sum up what I want the series to look like:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1e/Unscheduled_Cargo_Drop.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/50/Woodoo_Dunes_Cantina.jpg

I don't exactly want it to look like TFU but rather much more dirty. I want them to give a modern take on Jabba's Palace. I want to see Mandalorian culture; I want to see the inner workings of the Bounty Hunters Guild; I want to see elite Stormtroopers and assassins killing Jedi. However the Jedi don’t necessarily have to have lightsabers. I would imagine in order not to be immediately recognized as Jedi, they would either hid or get rid of their weapons. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Jedi with blasters as well as ones with Lightsabers. I would even like to see them dedicate a few episodes to telling The Force Unleashed in Live Action form. Get the actor that voiced Galen in the video game, and flesh out some of the missions in the game on screen.

However with all that said I also want to see some upper areas of the galaxy, such as Imperial Palace and Star Destroyers. The Emperor doesn’t necessarily have to be seen, but only heard of. I would like to see Senators beginning to realize the terrible mistake they have made by siding with Palpatine. I would like to see the Empire instigating propaganda against the Jedi. It wouldn’t have to be much, maybe just a few holographic billboards in the background.

I wouldn’t mind humor in the series, as long as they keep in mind that this is the DARK times. It would have to be slick and have a certain charm to it. The actions and the movement paired with one-liners would suit this series great. Han Solo humor if you will.

All they need to do is get some good writers. Get some writers who have senses of humor. Make sure they know what makes a good dark story. The stories need to keep in mind that the galaxy has been trusted into tyranny and that people are dying because they want to speak up or because they believe in peace. I don’t want them to dumb it down – I want to see Pro-Republic activists being shot down. Heck I think it would be cool to have a seen of Anti-Imperial protesters being gunned down by a platoon of Imperial Police.

As for characters I don’t know. As some have said, what Lucas considers a main character and what we do may be completely different. I personally would want to see Tarkin rise to where we see him in A New Hope. I would like to see Han Solo and Chewie unload the cargo of spice that they are hunted for in the Original Trilogy (as seen in the picture above). Oh and maybe even try and link in some EU characters into the story arcs. I know George Lucas ask Quinlan Vos not to be killed in the comics. Maybe that is because he wanted to use him here in this series?

I am also intrigued by the recent rumors that the one and only Obi-Wan Kenobi will make an appearance in this series. Personally, unless they can get Ewan McGregor then I don’t think they should bother. I couldn’t bear to see my favorite character be sliced and diced by some Television actor. Ewan truly got into the character, and having progressed through the Prequels as Obi-Wan is the only person who can pull him off. Having his voice mimicked in the Clone Wars is one thing, but having some other actor play him on screen could destroy the character. However I hope I am completely wrong, and I hope that if he does appear in the series the person they choose to play him gets it right.

My expectations are probably WAY too high. But we can always dream.

-Jibby

Eric_Geller
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I am really just hoping that the live-action series gives us a grittier look at the lesser-known parts of the Star Wars universe. I also want to see bounty hunters, bounty hunters, bounty hunters! Let's get some good actors cast in the primary roles, some good plot lines nailed down, and a shoot date sooner than Celebration VI. Then I'll be all set.

MandyB
09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I am really just hoping that the live-action series gives us a grittier look at the lesser-known parts of the Star Wars universe. I also want to see bounty hunters, bounty hunters, bounty hunters! Let's get some good actors cast in the primary roles, some good plot lines nailed down, and a shoot date sooner than Celebration VI. Then I'll be all set.

You're just trying to make me respond aren't you? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quite frankly, if it's SW I'll watch it. I'm LFL's dream demographic. Slap a label on it and I'm good to go.

Honestly, I have no expectations on the live action series. If anything I just hope it is more adult than anything we've seen in the previous films, 'toons, books, and comics. All I request is that they CGI Bea Arthur and bring back Ackmena.

Mike_S
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
OK, there's no new news on the LATV series, but I had a thought last night about what might make a good basis for the series.

What if they were to base the story (very loosely) on Shakespeare's King Lear?
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this play.

Synposis

Lear, who is old, wants to retire from power. He decides to divide his realm among his three daughters, and offers the largest share to the one who loves him best. Goneril and Regan both proclaim in fulsome terms that they love him more than anything in the world, which pleases him. Cordelia speaks temperately and honestly, which annoys him. In his anger he disinherits her, and divides the kingdom between the other two. Kent objects to this unfair treatment. Lear is further enraged by Kent's contradiction, and banishes him from the country. Cordelia's two suitors enter. Learning that she is disinherited, the Duke of Burgundy withdraws his suit, but the King of France is impressed by her honesty and marries her anyway.

We know that the show will focus on the criminal underworld and bounty hunters etc, so instead of Lear the King of Britan, change it to (eg) Balan, leader of the Bounty Hunters guild, with his three sons Mermadak, Geruntius and Holain-Mur as his three "vice presidents"

Balan is old and set to retire from the Bounty Hunter game. He still hasn't decided which one of his three sons, he will hand over the reigns over to.
After a furious and bitter argument with Holain-Mur, Balan decides to divide the guild in two and give half to each of the remaining Son's; Mermadak and Gerentius, who have no love for their father and plot and scheme at every twist, eventually turing on each other, in an attempt to claim the full extent of the guild (which includes members such as Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Aurra Sing and a whole bunch of other new characters) after many adventures, battles and so on, Holain-Mur eventually kills both of his brothers and takes control of the guild, which is what he wanted from the beginning.

Of course that would not be the whole extent of the story-line.
What do you people think of that idea as a potential layer to the overall story?

Murray1134
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I like the Shakespearean connections.

I had a thought about a possible TCW-Live Action connection today. What if the reason they are pushing the Mandos and the Death Watch is to make these bridge characters into the Live Action series. This also ties into the rumours surrounding Boba Fett and the show. It's possible we could learn more about Jango Fett, his origins, his connections to everything and how Boba Fett ties into all this. You could have the Death Watch finding out about Boba and unsure how he fits into the whole future of Mandalore and the various Mandalorian splinter groups.

Mike_S
02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Yes, something like that would be great - I like the idea of tying it all together like that; i find that it enhances my SW experience, which is one of the many reasons I love TCW so much.

Eric_Geller
02-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I would really enjoy that, and I think it could happen. There are some who will say, "The Star Wars saga has never been about the Mandalorians at its core, so why would they get to dominate two TV shows?" I would remind those people that this live-action series will probably be a sharp departure from the primary Star Wars focus of the Skywalkers and everything revolving around them. As such, the series can explore alternate angles to Star Wars -- such as the Mandalorians.

Darth_Satanas
02-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Perhaps a Band Of Brothers-type sub-plot with rebel soldiers would be cool. I want to see Stormtroopers being 'so precise'.

But basically, yes, what everyone is saying is right on. We want more grit, more 'used-future'. A more washed out OT look. Mon Mothma. The Empire being evil. Great writers. Great directors. Perhaps JJ Abrams. Humour. Tie Fighters. If they can keep up with the visual quality of TCW, then we'll be rockin'.

Mike_S
03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Great directors. Perhaps JJ Abrams.

Please god no. Everytime I see Abrams shaky hand held camera work, I want to punch him in the face repeatedly.
They should stay away from Hollywood people.

forcemaster146
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
I just wish they would give a release date to be honest. the anticipation is killing me. What I thought would be cool is if they introduced Kyle Katarn or Corran Horn in the series I mean if you read the X-Wing series and Jedi Academy trilogy or even played JK:Jedi Academy I mean those are some of the best in the EU. I thought it might be cool if the series didn't really focus on just one era but focused on several different stories and EU material. Just ideas though... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just had another idea...what if they did an episode about Darth Bane or did something from KOTOR...that would really be awesome.

JustinL
06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Shooting on the live-action series 3-4 years away. (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rick_McCallum_Talks_TV_3D_138773.asp)

The_Chosen_1
06-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Basically, it is like ‘The Godfather’; it’s the Empire slowly building up its power base around the galaxy, what happens in Coruscant, which is the major capital, and it’s [about] a group of underground bosses who live there and control drugs, prostitution..."

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I guess they weren't kidding when they said it's a more adult series. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jorbex
06-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Basically, it is like ‘The Godfather’; it’s the Empire slowly building up its power base around the galaxy, what happens in Coruscant, which is the major capital, and it’s [about] a group of underground bosses who live there and control drugs, prostitution..."

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I guess they weren't kidding when they said it's a more adult series. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yeah, that caught my attention too. Of course, this is McCallum talking here; I think he's incapable of not saying something x-rated every time he opens his mouth. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, though, it's great to get some concrete info on the series (and thank god we can lay the crazy speculation to rest on the whole 50 hour debacle)

youllbedead
06-10-2011, 11:15 AM
The premise is really intriguing, but it is hard for me to get my head around it because SW is traditionally youthful and fun. Sure it has its darker elements but at its darkest it never went beyond PG-13 (and even that was a stretch, IMO). If the TV series really is like The Godfather, then I would expect grim tones and heavy drama--something that is light years from the lighthearted tale we are used too. It sounds awesome, really. It's just hard for me to imagine at this point.

Mike_S
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Agreed, but Lucas is interested in pushing Star Wars in new and exciting ways. Lucas did say that this series is probably not what most people will think of as Star Wars, so perhaps there is no 'fun' and 'youthful' approach to it and it will centre more on the actual 'Dark Times' that it is set in.

So far out of McCallum, we've got "Coruscant" "The Godfather" and "group of underground bosses" and their dark & shady organization. If this plays out well and is as dark and more adult than the films themselves, then it could draw in a wider audience. When you think about it, that is really quite clever. Star Wars will have a mega broad appeal; even more than it already does.

I am so glad we've at least got something to go on. Basing the series on Coruscant is a very good idea. I know they said there won't be any main characters, but in hearing this, my feelings tell me we will at least get to see the Emperor (at the very least via holo-screens, delivering political speeches) and Imperial Stormtrooper patrols everywhere. There's even room for Vader to show up here & there.

C'mon, at least give us a shot or three of Vader walking around the place!

AUD2
06-10-2011, 04:25 PM
C'mon, at least give us a shot or three of Vader walking around the place!

...and if not Vader's cape maybe a touch of difficult breathing now and then http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Until actual footage for this is being shot I basically say I'll believe it when I see it. So many changes can and will occur until it is being shot that I won't lay my hopes one way or another.

Jorbex
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
...fun...lighthearted tale...

Dude, did you actually see Episode III? Films don't come any darker than the second half of ROTS. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I get what you mean, but personally I'm looking forward to some nice adult drama thrown our way. But don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of classic Star Wars fun in the show.

youllbedead
06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
...fun...lighthearted tale...

Dude, did you actually see Episode III? Films don't come any darker than the second half of ROTS. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I get what you mean, but personally I'm looking forward to some nice adult drama thrown our way. But don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of classic Star Wars fun in the show.

Don't get me wrong. I am not worried at all. Actually, I love the idea. Darker and more adult was how I thought the PT would be...and might have enjoyed that better than what we got (and I do love the PT).

The end of ROTS was certainly dark, but, overall, the saga was far from the weighty and dramatic pace of The Godfather.

Speaking of returning characters in light of the criminal element, might we see Jabba or some other Hutt crime lord? There was that Vito Corleone Hutt in TCW.

Murray1134
06-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd still love to see a BSG or Star Trek style show following a Rebel Cruiser or Imperial Star Destroyer around the galaxy.

But, regardless, if it has the name Star Wars on it.. I'll be inclined to like it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike_S
06-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I just hope this show isn't going make use of that irritating shaky hand-held camera work, that seems to be 'the new black' in cinema & television at the moment. I don't know about you guys, but I find it to be distracting and it makes me lose interest in a show - real quick!!

shazbazzar
06-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, that caught my attention too. Of course, this is McCallum talking here; I think he's incapable of not saying something x-rated every time he opens his mouth. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ha! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

True. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

darthblu3
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Speaking of returning characters in light of the criminal element, might we see Jabba or some other Hutt crime lord? There was that Vito Corleone Hutt in TCW.

I'd love to see some expansion of Jabba the Hutt as a character, as I've never really felt his on screen performance has ever matched how he has always been described as a vile 'gangster'. I never understood why Han was afraid of him. But if we get a great backstory in this TV series and we can come to know how ruthless he is, I think that would be great for the OT.

Mike_S
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
There was an interview with Henry Gilroy, where he mentioned George wanted to use Jabba for the Live Action TV show.
But it was some time ago and could have since changed.

Were there any initial mandates from George about what territory they wanted covered, or things they wanted you to avoid?

Gilroy: No, most of the time George was really receptive to ideas. The entire movie plot of Jabba the Hutt's son being kidnapped, initially I had pitched a story…[George] had said, "Try to stay away from Jabba the Hutt, because I want to use Jabba in the live-action series." I wrote this story about the Hutt kidnapping, and then at the next meeting he said, "Why didn't you put Jabba in it?" "You told us not to put Jabba in it!" "Oh, you gotta put Jabba in it!" George really is open to all sorts of stuff.