PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions....

MattTito23
07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi. I'm hoping to post my collection on here for sale within the next couple of weeks but i have a couple of questions first. I'll be selling mostly the 3 3/4 carded figures so i was wondering whats the best and safest (and hopefully cheapest) way to ship them? Will they make it safely in padded manilla envelopes or do i need to buy a bunch of small boxes? And my next question is i have a paypal account so is that the best way to get paid or is there something better? If this info is already posted somewhere and i've just missed it i apologize but if not i'd appreciate any advice people can give me. Thanks very much!

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
07-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi. I'm hoping to post my collection on here for sale within the next couple of weeks but i have a couple of questions first. I'll be selling mostly the 3 3/4 carded figures so i was wondering whats the best and safest (and hopefully cheapest) way to ship them? Will they make it safely in padded manilla envelopes or do i need to buy a bunch of small boxes? And my next question is i have a paypal account so is that the best way to get paid or is there something better? If this info is already posted somewhere and i've just missed it i apologize but if not i'd appreciate any advice people can give me. Thanks very much!

With shipping, I would use boxes for carded figures. Padded envelopes and the like are not strudy enough to ensure the figure's packaging will stay minty. Now loose figures will sit well in a padded envelope - that's the method I've been using for loose ones and so far it seems to work. Also, some buyers may like the idea of you opening the figures so that they can fit in a smaller shipping container, thus helping them save on cost.

As for payment, I've only ever taken money orders, which works well for me. Granted that method is more of an "honor-system"; but so far it's worked out well.

King_D
07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't forget that you can get free USPS Priority mail boxes shipped to your house from their website, just pick the box size you think you'll need, and they should be at your house within a few days.

Grak
07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Make sure the boxes are bigger than the item you are sending. Newspaper/bubble wrap should be used as light filler but don't pack the stuff too tight.

My best piece of advice is to pack the stuff exactly the way you would want the item to be sent to you.

p.s.- Some modern stuff is not worth it's weight in shipping costs. If you are trying to sell a C-8 AOTC Kenobi you might just want to advertise it all as "loose right out of the package." Then you can use bubble mailers and you'll save TONS on shipping.

MattTito23
07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks very much to everybody for the advice! I never even thought about offering stuff out of the package to save on shipping. Thanks again

BIGJIM
07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
As for payment, I've only ever taken money orders, which works well for me. Granted that method is more of an "honor-system"; but so far it's worked out well.

You can also wait to ship until you actually get the money order.
It takes longer but you never get ripped off.

Don't forget that you can get free USPS Priority mail boxes shipped to your house from their website, just pick the box size you think you'll need, and they should be at your house within a few days.

But remember, priority costs more.
You can always take the free boxes and cut them along a seam, then refold them and tape them up inside out.
Free box and you can ship it any method.