PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord_Bobster
06-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Ugh, it kills me to say this...

My beloved comic book store "The Comic Den" in historic Downtown Renton is now a smoking charred pit.

I was one of "The Faithful Ten." One of the first long time customers who kept the place vibrant and fun since 1993. The owner, Howard, was always friendly to everyone who came in, always gave great recommendations and free mylar bags for your comics. Rich, his good friend, would help out on the weekends and was one of the best local experts of fandom in the area.

A lot of cool stuff was lost, but the good news is that everyone is safe. I hope that the both of them find a new location a keep things going. Right now, I'm just going to say thanks that no one was hurt, that good times were had, and sometimes a person can find opportunity in even the worst of times.

But it Sux Royal that this all happened while I was out on a trip. ***sigh*** http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deathbymonkeys
06-13-2009, 01:47 AM
That sucks so bad. I am such a big support of Local Comic shops. I went to the same one for 15 years and this newer one for 8 now. I hope they spring back.

Trev
06-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Very sorry to hear that. While I'd probably only been there a dozen or so times over the years, it was always a good experience. It was also a good bet if you were looking for late 80s to mid 90s back issues - they helped me complete my GI Joe run a few years ago.

Lord_Bobster
06-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I do have some good news on this. My wife said that the owner of the building is going to let the businesses have space in some of the other buildings that they own in town. Hopefully, things get back up and running soon.

I just got into town last night and I have to say that things could have definitely been worse.

Lord_Bobster
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Just drove by THE NEW LOCATION OF THE COMIC DEN!!!!

It will be on the north side of the main drag (3rd Street) right through Downtown Renton between Williams and Wells! I have to say the new location is a good one. Great storefront and location.

Phewwwww....Geeks Rejoice! We're Saved!!!

Lord_Bobster
06-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Dropped by the new location of the Comic Den. They just opened up and are still getting things sorted out. But spirits are high and they should be fully set up in a week or two.

Good times!

DukeJoey__of_ERG
06-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Man, that's the second comic/toy shop that's gone up in flames locally. Granted, the one near me was investigated as being "suspicious", but it's a shame all the GI Joe and Star Wars that went with it. I bought my first 2-pack there http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif