PDA

View Full Version : General Feedback part 3

Pages : [1] 2

Chris Wyman
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
What's on your mind?

jedinick1138
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
I guess I'll continue the topic from the previous thread and say it was absolutely awesome to hear Pete's voice back on the Force-Cast! Plus, I couldn't have picked a better way than a technical snafu to welcome him back for the episode, George Lucas couldn't have scripted it better himself. It sounds like Pete has been doing good since he left the show, and I hope that it remains that way for him.

Thanks for coming back Pete, even just for one episode, it was a great break from all my homework to hear your thoughts once again!

shazbazzar
03-27-2009, 07:37 AM
It was great to hear Pete (even with the gremlins). And I don't know how long the glitches kept us from hearing what was going on, but we were so excited to hear Pete, many of us hung on until the LIVE show came back. It was a great pick-me-up in the middle of the week. Fantastic!

Eric_Geller
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Hearing Pete again was a refreshing change, both because he had been off the show for so long and because he had some great comments. Pete gave us insightful commentary about the episode, mixed with hilarity both on topic and off. Pete is the man, and I hope we hear more from him sometime soon.

Jorbex
03-27-2009, 07:48 AM
More Pete is always a good thing! It was great having him on, simply great. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TallestJawa
03-27-2009, 10:43 AM
George Lucas couldn't have scripted it better himself.

Yeah, but then Pete would have been named "Oldian Friend-Backus" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shazbazzar
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM

Yeah, but then Pete would have been named "Oldian Friend-Backus" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

or Wael Kom-Hohm.

Jorbex
03-27-2009, 12:08 PM

or Wael Kom-Hohm.

LOL!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pimpimus_Prime
04-08-2009, 01:08 PM
As much as I love the Force-Cast, I really don't have two hours to dedicate to it or any other podcast. I'd really like it if the length of the show went back to being about an hour long.

Eric_Geller
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
As much as I love the Force-Cast, I really don't have two hours to dedicate to it or any other podcast. I'd really like it if the length of the show went back to being about an hour long.

That's the thing about podcasts: it's listen-on-demand, but only if you have the time. It's tough to fit in a two-hour podcast, especially if you watch or listen to other podcasts as well. But the Force-Cast has so much to cover and so many great segments that it would be impossible to go to an hour-long show. Maybe you could try listening to it in sections.

cprav
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree. I don't always have time to listen to a full show... but then I don't always have time to listen to the micro micro casts. But I love the long shows! the longer the better!!

I can't always listen to a whole live show, but I download it, or stream it later. I listen when I can and stop when I have to and go back. Once it took me a whole week to get through a show! lol but that's just my opinion of course.

That's the great thing about listening to it after or downloading it to a player. It will always be there when you have time for it. I was months behind once, I just plugged away at it.

And I remember when there wasn't anything to report, so woo!! for too much news! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JustinL
04-09-2009, 06:33 AM

My wife and I like to listen to each FC episode on the weekend during breakfast. So I very rarely listen to the show live on Wednesday nights.

It's just more convenient for us, and allows us to pause the show in case something comes up (phone rings, dogs need to go out, etc).

But we really do enjoy the 2 hour time length. Given all of the mainstay segments that we have all come to love in the show, it would be extremely difficult to cut any of them out for time constraints IMO.

Eric_Geller
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to give props and congrats to Jimmy Mac for his newly-minted Modship. It certainly took the RS admins long enough.

Cramer
04-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Just wanted to give props and congrats to Jimmy Mac for his newly-minted Modship. It certainly took the RS admins long enough.

well, i guess I might as well...

What's a mod?!!!!!

cprav
04-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Congrats Jimmy!

and snicker Cramer... some one had to do it. :P

JustinL
04-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Congrats Jimmy!

(In a John McClane tone:) "Welcome to the party pal!" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Murray1134
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm just waiting on the inevitable power struggle to occur. What happens when JGordon tries to wrench control of the FC Forums from JediJustin, whose side will Jason and Jimmy end up on in the FC Civil War...

only kidding of course http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif We love our Mods and there pretty ban-hammers too http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric_Geller
04-22-2009, 06:35 PM
What happens when JGordon tries to wrench control of the FC Forums from JediJustin, whose side will Jason and Jimmy end up on in the FC Civil War...

We could just let the courts decide.

No, wait, we know from Episode One how inefficient the courts can be.

Sounds like you'd need someone to make an *Executive* decision.

Jorbex
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Sounds like you'd need someone to make an *Executive* decision.

Somebody wise? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cramer
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Who? You? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jovial_Jay
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Is it too early for a Vote of No Confidence? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric_Geller
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Is it too early for a Vote of No Confidence? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hey, go back to your advance readers' copy of the next FOTJ book. I'm too jealous of that to even think up a witty response to your post.

Cramer
04-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Has anyone tried the free audible download? I started to sign up for the 14 day free trial, but ended with it wanted my credit card information. Jason said it wasn't like the CD scams, but I can't go by that alone incase he is mistaken himself

Eric_Geller
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Has anyone tried the free audible download? I started to sign up for the 14 day free trial, but ended with it wanted my credit card information. Jason said it wasn't like the CD scams, but I can't go by that alone incase he is mistaken himself

I can vouch for Audible's legitimacy. They've had my financial information for months, because I have the Gold Plan. I get one book a month and they bill the book credit to my debit card. I feel completely safe with this. I'd highly recommend them.

Cramer
04-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm sure it's safe, but I'm not comfortable with the wording of the '14 day free trial'

everything like that will start billing after the grace period. i've been burned too many a time

Eric_Geller
04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm sure it's safe, but I'm not comfortable with the wording of the '14 day free trial'

everything like that will start billing after the grace period. i've been burned too many a time

Of course it starts billing right after the grace period. That's how trials work. How is that getting burned?

cprav
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Sometimes with these places you try and cancel before the 14 day trial is over and they don't process the cancellation and start charging you. I've been in a few things like this and it takes forever to try and cancel. I have to say, that's why I'm still thinking about it to.

I was hoping it was like a book store. I go in buy a book if I want to and that's it. The 'trial' puts me off as well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif I may change my mind. I keep wavering.

Cramer
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Of course it starts billing right after the grace period. That's how trials work. How is that getting burned?

Cuz Jason said it was one free download, unlike the CD clubs that start charging you after the grace period. So, it's not free. It's got more strings attached than my guitar.

No thanks on the sponsor this time. If I want an audio book, even though I'd rather read the book, i'll sign up and pay a little to support the show, if it makes any difference in what they see as the ad source

Eric_Geller
04-26-2009, 07:01 AM

Cuz Jason said it was one free download, unlike the CD clubs that start charging you after the grace period. So, it's not free. It's got more strings attached than my guitar.

No thanks on the sponsor this time. If I want an audio book, even though I'd rather read the book, i'll sign up and pay a little to support the show, if it makes any difference in what they see as the ad source

Just so you know, you can keep the free book. If you start the trial, download the book, and cancel before the trial ends, you can still listen to the book forever.

Jovial_Jay
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I signed up on 3/30, when the guys had the first sponsorship. I downloaded a book after filling out all the info and putting my CC info in. I then canceled it on 4/2, following their steps. To date, they have not charged me.

I believe what Jason said to be accurate, as they allowed me to cancel after a free download "with no further strings" such as having to buy 5 more downloads, or something -- like the Book/CD clubs.

They still have my CC info, and I still have an account to login to the site, but I'm not paying for a monthly membership. That's what gives me the monthly credits. With my account I can just buy the books outright if I want.

cprav
04-26-2009, 02:19 PM
I signed up on 3/30, when the guys had the first sponsorship. I downloaded a book after filling out all the info and putting my CC info in. I then canceled it on 4/2, following their steps. To date, they have not charged me.

I believe what Jason said to be accurate, as they allowed me to cancel after a free download "with no further strings" such as having to buy 5 more downloads, or something -- like the Book/CD clubs.

They still have my CC info, and I still have an account to login to the site, but I'm not paying for a monthly membership. That's what gives me the monthly credits. With my account I can just buy the books outright if I want.

Thanks for the info! That does make me feel a bit better about it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cramer
04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
That's what i needed to hear for sure.

Eric, take my persistance as a lesson in not trusting anyone. When you go to college and start putting your credit cards and SS number on everything, you'll have to watch like a hawk. I have to make at least one phone call a month to either att, dish network, student loans, car insurance, etc because they 'accidently' over charge. People who don't watch out will pay it and not notice.

rocksoldier
04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
first, let me say that i have been listening to the forcecast for about 2 years now, and have looked forward to every new episode and minicast... but... after the latest episode (4/24/09) i just have to say something about the road it has been following lately. the forcecast is turning into a parody of a bad 'crazy' morning radio show. its all about jimmy mac and how many voices he can do, and jason laughing hysterically at every single word jimmy says. its getting really annoying. its now the 'jimmy mac comedy hour'. i enjoyed jimmy when he was on the podcast from time to time, but a little of him goes a longgggggg way. I am listening to the show right now and just as i write this jimmy says 'do you want to hear my bob hope' and proceeds to do a bob hope impersonation and jason is laughing his head off. please, please tone it down a few notches.

I do appreciate the hard work you guys do to produce the podcast, and I am still an avid listener, I am just expressing my opinion about something that has been bothering me.

Thanks.

Murray1134
04-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Welcome rocksoldier!

I know what you are saying, the last episode was especially silly. It tends to happen when the news is a little light. They are scoring some great interviews though

JediShua
04-28-2009, 07:44 AM
I personally love the banter. One of the reasons I love the Force Cast is because it feels like me and my buds just hanging out and talking about Star Wars and occasionally going off on a fun tangent. Anyway, Welcome rocksoldier. Your opinion is always welcome. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Satka
04-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi rocksoldier, nice to meet you http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I see what you mean. Humor is quite sensitive and depends so much on the persons involved that it can't be universal.
And the more humor there is, the more chances there are to please some people, and the more risk to disappoint others.

I am more receptive to the spontaneous humor, created on the fly rather than the "you're going to laugh in 3, 2, 1 ...", but I'm just this one Jawa in a crowd of Humans http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shazbazzar
04-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Welcome, rocksoldier. We're a rather diverse group here. Some like some things others don't. And there are lots of Jawas roaming these parts...

I know the Force-Cast gets silly sometimes, but I get a kick out of it. Each incarnation of the show has some distinctly different aspects, I can appreciate each of them in its own way. I liken it to the various areas of the country (world?). I grew up in the Appalachians, later lived in Mississippi's forests, Florida's beaches, Texas's flatlands, Connecticut's cold, and now in L.A. (Lower Alabama). Each had its unique flavor, and I could appreciate them all (except too much cold -- anything below 72F is call for a jacket).

I, for one, get a kick out of mowing the lawn or shopping on Fridays with a goofy grin on my face that makes people wonder what in the world I'm listening to -- then they really wonder when I laugh or argue out loud with the "voices in my head". Lots of fun -- and it's all Star Wars (except for the parts that aren't)!

I am more receptive to the spontaneous humor, created on the fly rather than the "you're going to laugh in 3, 2, 1 ...", but I'm just this one Jawa in a crowd of Humans http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I sometimes even like the countdown. More a countdown to rants than laughs, but a countdown, nonetheless...
Like this one! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVTUbxc1T0)

Cramer
04-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I understand where you're coming from Rocksoldier (and welcome! what's been keeping you?)
I think like every great show, tv or radio, after a while it starts to evolve and get more stream lined and the characters know their roles better. The show has always gotten gradually better and more professional, then with the exit of Pete it had to scramble a bit to find it's new self. So maybe it's not a straight laced news tidbit after news tidbit like others. I've listened to some other Star Wars podcasts...snoooooze.

I for one loved last weeks show more than any. I laughed my [censored] off and it really put me in a good mood, which is great cuz I've been layed off work for the past two weeks.
Personally, I'm also the joke cracking wise --- in the room and I can't stand long moments of seriousness, so I can only encourage Jimmy to do more Kirsh and Archie voices.

my 2 cents. oh wait I might need to save those

rocksoldier
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
thanks for the kind welcome, and for not ripping me apart like they would on a lot of other forums.

i appreciate that everyone has a different sense of humor, and I guess that Jimmy just rubs me the wrong way. i just get the feeling like he is forcing (no pun intended) his humor into the show. like it is the first priority for him (jokes and voices first, Star Wars discussion second). and Jason has become the sidekick whos first job is to laugh at anything Jimmy says. Personally, I just prefer the news and interviews aspect of the show.

thanks again for the warm welcome.

Sheldon
04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I think the amount of time and work Jimmy puts in especially regarding Lucasfilm access, the quality of the interviews with it’s creators, and his amazing audio work, easily makes up for any cheese you happen not to like - but is found in what is otherwise our irreplaceable (Big) Mac.

Podcasting is different than Broadcast anyhow – you’re closer to the hosts if you want to be and therefore more forgiving of any quirks. Just like friends.

P.S. I think he’s pretty hilarious 90% of the time - the other 10% is made up of charming attempts.

And yes welcome to the friendliest gathering of SW fans you'll ever find. But be warned we too can spew the odd cornball comment (case in point - Big Mac?! sheeessh)

Eric_Geller
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree with Sheldon. Jimmy is a charismatic and "interesting" Force-Cast personality, and to truly appreciate him, you have to see past his impressions and jokes and recognize the enormous amount of work he does to make the show happen. If you're an enthusiastic Force-Cast fan, you're inevitably a fan of Jimmy Mac as well.

But still, rocksoldier, welcome to the Force-Cast extended family. You'll find many a great time to be had here, as long as you don't mind some occasional tangents, silliness, and randomness!

rocksoldier
04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I think the amount of time and work Jimmy puts in especially regarding Lucasfilm access, the quality of the interviews with it’s creators, and his amazing audio work, easily makes up for any cheese you happen not to like - but is found in what is otherwise our irreplaceable (Big) Mac.

Podcasting is different than Broadcast anyhow – you’re closer to the hosts if you want to be and therefore more forgiving of any quirks. Just like friends.

P.S. I think he’s pretty hilarious 90% of the time - the other 10% is made up of charming attempts.

And yes welcome to the friendliest gathering of SW fans you'll ever find. But be warned we too can spew the odd cornball comment (case in point - Big Mac?! sheeessh)

I have to disagree with what you said about the amount of work having to do with my opinion of the finished product. I do understand they do a LOT of work for it, and I do appreciate that, but that doesn't mean that I have to love everything they do. if i dont like tomatoes, it doesnt matter now much work it took someone to grow that tomato, I still dont like it. its not saying that the person who grew the tomato is a bad farmer, i just dont like tomatoes.

so im not saying that Jimmy is a bad podcaster, i just dont personally like his style. its not my 'cup of tea' so to speak, and i just wanted to express that opinion.

rocksoldier
04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree with Sheldon. Jimmy is a charismatic and "interesting" Force-Cast personality, and to truly appreciate him, you have to see past his impressions and jokes and recognize the enormous amount of work he does to make the show happen. If you're an enthusiastic Force-Cast fan, you're inevitably a fan of Jimmy Mac as well.

But still, rocksoldier, welcome to the Force-Cast extended family. You'll find many a great time to be had here, as long as you don't mind some occasional tangents, silliness, and randomness!

I did say that I liked Jimmy when he was on the show from time to time. But him as a co-host for 2 hours every episode is more then i like. its like Kramer on Sienfeld. he is great as the 'wacky' neighbor, but if he was the main character and on screen the whole time he would be annoying. I just think Jimmy works better as the wacky neighbor then the main character.

Chris Wyman
04-28-2009, 09:40 PM
rocksoldier, you've stated your opinion of this show in two separate threads now, several times. It's time to change topics.

Just some friendly advice: it is quite frowned upon to join a website and have your very first post be a super negative and degrading comment towards one of our staff members. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but you might want to get to know the people around here a little bit better before you post something so harsh.

We welcome everyone to our forums, but we also look out for our own and don't appreciate it when our talented staff get bashed.

rocksoldier
04-28-2009, 11:52 PM
ok... I made 1 post to another thread before finding this thread that I though it made more sense to be in. My mistake was making the first post before looking over all the other treads first, but it's not like I flooded the whole board.

now, after my first post to this tread all I have done is engage in a discussion, and respond to messages directed towards me. I have also made different points in each post I have made, directly responding to the points made in those messages directed towards me, I have not just posted the exact same thing over and over again.

I have also said that I have been listening to the forcecast for at least 2 years, I looked forward to every show, I did enjoy Jimmy previously, and I do appreciate all the hard work they put into the podcast. those are all positive things. I did not say that Jimmy sucks, or he is horrible, or he that doesn't know what he is doing... I simply said that I'm not a fan of his style, and personally think he would be better utilized in a different role. that is not 'bashing' or 'degrading'.

Most of the responses I saw also said that even though they did enjoy Jimmy Macs style, they could see where I am coming from, so it is not as if what I said was totally out of left field or have no merit what-so-ever.

I also thanked people for their warm welcome, and not ripping my head off. I thought everyone was making well stated, valid points in the discussion we were having, but what you just said sounds like you basically think that everyone is entitled to an opinion unless it disagrees with yours, in that case it is 'frowned upon' and not appreciated.

I apologize to anyone that was offended by my opinions, or felt that I was 'bashing' anyone. That was not my intention. I love Star Wars, and I love the Forcecast, I love democracy (sorry, turned into Palpatine there for a moment lol), but I don't think it is perfect and above a little constructive criticism.

So I am sorry if I came off so harsh, but I also don't feel I was doing most what you accused me of doing.

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 06:11 AM
I apologize to anyone that was offended by my opinions, or felt that I was 'bashing' anyone.

You don't have to apologize. You stated your point in a polite and reasonable way.

So I am sorry if I came off so harsh, but I also don't feel I was doing most what you accused me of doing.

You didn't come off as harsh per se, but there's been so much unadulterated love on here for so long that any constructive criticism can often rankle at first. As long as you're behaving yourself according to the forum rules and not making a nuisance of yourself, there's no problem with what you were doing.

Sometimes the mods in here have so little to do that they get a little trigger-happy. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Satka
04-29-2009, 06:37 AM

Sometimes the mods in here have so little to do that they get a little trigger-happy. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah we're a pretty calm and docile crowd.

... until it's hazing time http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (I was a Rancor before my hazing, and look at me now ... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

JustinL
04-29-2009, 06:58 AM

Ahhh, if you only knew the restraint we all exhibit...

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 07:02 AM

Ahhh, if you only knew the restraint we all exhibit...

We certainly don't see it, so yes, if only we did know.

cprav
04-29-2009, 08:36 AM
I went ahead and signed up for the free trial. I'm listening to Tempest. Haven't decided about continuing after the trial (after all I have 14 days to decide :P ) I'll let you know what I decide to do, and what happens.

Chris Wyman
04-29-2009, 08:37 AM
ok... I made 1 post to another thread before finding this thread that I though it made more sense to be in. My mistake was making the first post before looking over all the other treads first, but it's not like I flooded the whole board.

now, after my first post to this tread all I have done is engage in a discussion, and respond to messages directed towards me. I have also made different points in each post I have made, directly responding to the points made in those messages directed towards me, I have not just posted the exact same thing over and over again.

I have also said that I have been listening to the forcecast for at least 2 years, I looked forward to every show, I did enjoy Jimmy previously, and I do appreciate all the hard work they put into the podcast. those are all positive things. I did not say that Jimmy sucks, or he is horrible, or he that doesn't know what he is doing... I simply said that I'm not a fan of his style, and personally think he would be better utilized in a different role. that is not 'bashing' or 'degrading'.

Most of the responses I saw also said that even though they did enjoy Jimmy Macs style, they could see where I am coming from, so it is not as if what I said was totally out of left field or have no merit what-so-ever.

I also thanked people for their warm welcome, and not ripping my head off. I thought everyone was making well stated, valid points in the discussion we were having, but what you just said sounds like you basically think that everyone is entitled to an opinion unless it disagrees with yours, in that case it is 'frowned upon' and not appreciated.

I apologize to anyone that was offended by my opinions, or felt that I was 'bashing' anyone. That was not my intention. I love Star Wars, and I love the Forcecast, I love democracy (sorry, turned into Palpatine there for a moment lol), but I don't think it is perfect and above a little constructive criticism.

Again, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Had you been a part of this community for the last two years, in addition to listening to the show, a post like that may not have been considered so harsh. The fact that you have been listening to the show for the last two years, only to come on here and make your very first post a negative one, is simply uncalled for.

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 08:44 AM
I went ahead and signed up for the free trial. I'm listening to Tempest. Haven't decided about continuing after the trial (after all I have 14 days to decide :P ) I'll let you know what I decide to do, and what happens.

I would only recommend continuing if you can already see several more books that you'd like to have. I add all future purchases to my wish list first, so that when I get my book credit, I don't have to browse around for a choice. It's not the best idea to continue paying for credits if you start feeling like you need to find a book just to use the credit.

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
The fact that you have been listening to the show for the last two years, only to come on here and make your very first post a negative one, is simply uncalled for.

Chris, I guess I'm just confused about why you're harping on the "first post" thing. The guy went to General Feedback and put out a complaint. That's what this thread is for. It shouldn't matter how well we know him, as long as he's been listening long enough to have developed a serious opinion. Why should he have to know us in order to post a complaint? If he'd been rude about it, I would have said, "You should have gotten to know us so we could see where you're coming from." But he was pretty respectful about it.

Chris Wyman
04-29-2009, 09:00 AM
The fact that you have been listening to the show for the last two years, only to come on here and make your very first post a negative one, is simply uncalled for.

Chris, I guess I'm just confused about why you're harping on the "first post" thing. The guy went to General Feedback and put out a complaint. That's what this thread is for. It shouldn't matter how well we know him, as long as he's been listening long enough to have developed a serious opinion. Why should he have to know us in order to post a complaint? If he'd been rude about it, I would have said, "You should have gotten to know us so we could see where you're coming from." But he was pretty respectful about it.

That's alright. I really don't expect you to understand.

cprav
04-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm only on Tempest. I think just the LotF books would keep me going for a while! LOL I just need to decide if I want to switch to audio... and if I can afford it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But that's definitely an excellent point. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I think just the LotF books would keep me going for a while!

Yeah, good point. And FotJ will also be on Audible (the first one already is), so you should be occupied for quite a long time.

I just need to decide if I want to switch to audio

It's really a great medium for people who commute a lot. And audio performances are also cool because sometimes you get sound effects, and sometimes the narrator is exceptionally talented with different voices. I prefer to read the book, because I find my mind drifting off of the audiobook if I listen to it while doing other things (and I get fidgety if I just sit still and listen, so I have to do other things). Holding the book in my hands keeps me attentive. But of course that's just little old ADHD me.

cprav
04-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I agree. I'm too much of a multitasker to just be able to sit and listen to a book. I have to be doing other things at the same time so I may have the same problem. I'm listening to it right now at work actually! lol and I often fall asleep on my commute. If I can get through this book and actually remember any of it at the end that will be a bit plus in the 'don't cancel' column lol

rocksoldier
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I prefer to read the book, because I find my mind drifting off of the audiobook if I listen to it while doing other things (and I get fidgety if I just sit still and listen, so I have to do other things). Holding the book in my hands keeps me attentive. But of course that's just little old ADHD me.

thats funny, I am the opposite. If I just sit down to read a book, I tired quickly and just end up reading the same line over and over again lol. and usually, if its reading or listening to the audio, I do it at night in bed, and end up not remembering much the next day. unfortunately thats the only real time I have to do it on a regular basis.

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
If I just sit down to read a book, I tired quickly and just end up reading the same line over and over again lol.

I do the same thing, but only when I'm reading late at night. I mostly try to read during the afternoon because that's when I'm most attentive. But audio or print, it's all Star Wars. And that's what matters.

[/PSA] http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cramer
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm flying through Invincible right now. It's really grabbing my attention even though Jason already spoiled it for me. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think I want the RoTS audiobook though. Even though I've read it multiple times I still want to have an aucio copy. It's just such a great story.

rocksoldier
04-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm flying through Invincible right now. It's really grabbing my attention even though Jason already spoiled it for me. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think I want the RoTS audiobook though. Even though I've read it multiple times I still want to have an aucio copy. It's just such a great story.

the novelizations of the prequels are fantastic. maybe ill go back and read them again before season 2 of clone wars starts. i love all the little details that didnt make it into the movies, like in episode 1 how Anakin got the cut on his arm that Qui-Gon was treating and took the blood sample for the midichlorian count.

JimmyMac
04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
first, let me say that i have been listening to the forcecast for about 2 years now, and have looked forward to every new episode and minicast... but... after the latest episode (4/24/09) i just have to say something about the road it has been following lately. the forcecast is turning into a parody of a bad 'crazy' morning radio show. its all about jimmy mac and how many voices he can do, and jason laughing hysterically at every single word jimmy says. its getting really annoying. its now the 'jimmy mac comedy hour'. i enjoyed jimmy when he was on the podcast from time to time, but a little of him goes a longgggggg way. I am listening to the show right now and just as i write this jimmy says 'do you want to hear my bob hope' and proceeds to do a bob hope impersonation and jason is laughing his head off. please, please tone it down a few notches.

I do appreciate the hard work you guys do to produce the podcast, and I am still an avid listener, I am just expressing my opinion about something that has been bothering me.

Thanks.

What a huge, tremendous, heaping bowl of lamesauce.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

rocksoldier
04-29-2009, 05:12 PM

well I see that you can accept some constructive criticism with grace and humility, and respond with a logical, well thought out argument defending your opinion on the matter. oh, wait... sorry, I was reading a different message.

JimmyMac
04-29-2009, 05:19 PM

well I see that you can accept some constructive criticism with grace and humility, and respond with a logical, well thought out argument defending your opinion on the matter. oh, wait... sorry, I was reading a different message.

Like I said...LAME SAUCE.

MandyB
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM

Please stop exacerbating the situation. You have made your opinions known and folks have responded accordingly with their own opinions. Thanks to that, we are all aware of your views. Please feel free to join in discussions elsewhere on the boards, but what you are posting is no longer "general feedback".

walkingcarpet
04-29-2009, 05:34 PM

Please stop exacerbating the situation. You have made your opinions known and folks have responded accordingly with their own opinions. Thanks to that, we are all aware of your views. Please feel free to join in discussions elsewhere on the boards, but what you are posting is no longer "general feedback".

I normally don't post around here because I think that Jason and Jimmy are awesome and don't need any criticism.

Anyway, I'm done sucking up. Mandy has a point, and I'd listen to her. You don't want to make her anrgy. You wouldn't like Mandy when she's angry...

shazbazzar
04-29-2009, 05:37 PM
... after the latest episode (4/24/09) i just have to say something about the road it has been following lately. the forcecast is turning into a parody of a bad 'crazy' morning radio show. its all about jimmy mac and how many voices he can do, and jason laughing hysterically at every single word jimmy says. its getting really annoying. its now the 'jimmy mac comedy hour'. i enjoyed jimmy when he was on the podcast from time to time, but a little of him goes a longgggggg way. I am listening to the show right now and just as i write this jimmy says 'do you want to hear my bob hope' and proceeds to do a bob hope impersonation and jason is laughing his head off. please, please tone it down a few notches.

I wanted to make you feel welcome, even though your first post was negative. I tried to let you see other perspectives, even as I had listened to yours. And I've tried -- repeatedly today -- to find this criticism to be constructive. I even looked up "constructive criticism":

Constructive Criticism
Constructive comments reinforce good behavior or motivate us to make positive changes. Comedian Milton Berle was dining with his wife when a waiter put too much pepper on her salad. Mrs. Berle tasted it and offered a constructive criticism "Needs more salad."

But the only way I can see this as constructive is if you're suggesting Jimmy get off the show. "i enjoyed jimmy when he was on the podcast from time to time, but a little of him goes a longgggggg way." That doesn't sound constructive to me -- from every angle, this seems to imply that you cannot enjoy JimmyMac as a staple on the program. If I've misinterpreted that, let me know. But you said you "enjoyed" him (past tense) when he was on just a bit. How else was that supposed to sound?

Now it's been argued that these were respectful and polite words, but I respectfully disagree. Perhaps it's because I'm Southern, but when you say, "a little of him goes a longgggggg way", it sounds insulting rather than respectful. It sounds degrading rather than constructive.

That's probably why Chris offered you some "friendly advice". You don't go into a job interview and start slamming your old boss. Likewise, you don't make your first two posts on a forum somewhat insulting (even if it wasn't your intent, please listen to how it sounded to at least one of us) to a beloved host. This is indeed a "feedback" thread -- and criticism can be constructive. But it's also a forum where we develop friendships online and even beyond the "Interwebs", and everyone would do well to treat it that way. I "lurked" for a long time before "registering", and then didn't post for some time after that. Can you imagine walking up to a group of people at a party and saying, "Dudes! Your shirts are really annoying! I'm glad you have the guts to wear them in public, but really, you shouldn't." Do you think that would endear them to you? It's kind of the same thing.

I absolutely hate posting something like this, but it's gotten a bit out of hand. I feel like I'm ranting and I feel like I'm "biting your head off", and I don't want to. However, I also feel like you need to see where some others may be coming from and perhaps help you see things from our perspective. I don't know Jimmy or Jason or Eric or Sheldon beyond this forum, but they're almost like family to me, and I don't like people hacking on my family (unless it's others "in the family").

Like I said, I tried initially to respond in a more subtle manner so you might be able to see other points-of-view, but when you said, "well I see that you can accept some constructive criticism with grace and humility, and respond with a logical, well thought out argument defending your opinion on the matter. oh, wait... sorry, I was reading a different message", it was clearly time to take another approach.

(edit: I misspelled "they're" "their". I hate that error. I hate confrontation. Can't we all just get along?) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

dude984
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
So...what's up?

JustinL
04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Dude! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dude984
04-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Jedi! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My criticism will go not to the force-cast itself, but life. I get out of my physics class at 5pm and am forced to fight traffic for 27 miles to get back home (takes 40 minutes on average). By that time I typically have to eat dinner and THEN, by the time I can join the live show, the Roundtables are going...except there are no Roundtables anymore. Daww!

Hopefully Fall Quarter isn't so bad for scheduling.

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 06:34 PM
So...what's up?

Hello again dude! We've been talking on Twitter so I haven't really felt like you were gone, but it's good to see you posting on the forums again.

shazbazzar
04-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Maybe Jimmy will go off on a rant or Jason will get going on the EU and the show will go long. If so, I'll see you late, Dude!

Eric_Geller
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I always feel like a surfer when I talk to dude984.

"Hey, dude!"

"How's it going, dude?"

"That's cool, dude!"

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rocksoldier
04-29-2009, 06:43 PM

I had moved on, and was talking about SW books, and audio books, it is the people on here who continue to complain about what I said that is exacerbating the situation.

rocksoldier
04-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Please let me try to explain.

> And I've tried -- repeatedly today -- to find this criticism to be constructive

well just break it down... I enjoy the show. I enjoyed the role Jimmy had in the past. I feel that Jimmy using the same style in his new role of co-host needs (in my opinion) to be toned down. I think that is constructive criticism.

> But the only way I can see this as constructive is if you're suggesting Jimmy get off the show... from every angle, this seems to imply that you cannot enjoy JimmyMac as a staple on the program. If I've misinterpreted that, let me know. But you said you "enjoyed" him (past tense) when he was on just a bit. How else was that supposed to sound?

no, I did not suggest that Jimmy Mac get off the show. I said that I "enjoyed" him in his past role because it was his PAST role, so I used the past tense of 'enjoy'. if you are currently enjoying something you would say "I enjoy it", if you think you will enjoy something in the future you would say "I am going to enjoy it", and if you enjoy something that happened in the past you would say "I enjoyed it".

By saying that I enjoyed him in his past role, but have a problem with his style in his current role, I am suggesting that the style he used in the past role might not be the best way to treat his new current role. something may be perfect for when you are doing one segment on a show with other people, but may not be the best way to do an entire show when it is just the two of you. for example... there are certain things you can do in a 20 minute short story, that might not work as well doing that for an entire 2 hour movie.

> Perhaps it's because I'm Southern, but when you say, "a little of him goes a longgggggg way", it sounds insulting rather than respectful. It sounds degrading rather than constructive.

you are right, and I apologize for that.

> Can you imagine walking up to a group of people at a party and saying, "Dudes! Your shirts are really annoying! I'm glad you have the guts to wear them in public, but really, you shouldn't." Do you think that would endear them to you? It's kind of the same thing.

actually I dont think its the same thing at all. I think it would be more accurate to this situation if you said "two dudes wearing t-shirts come up to you at a party and say 'hey, this is my t-shirt, what do you think?' and if you say something like 'I like the shirt, but I think it would look better in blue', and them yelling at you for telling them what you think."

they make the Forcecast for others to listen to. they have this forum for others to express their opinions, and give feedback. and that is what I did.

> I absolutely hate posting something like this, but it's gotten a bit out of hand. I feel like I'm ranting and I feel like I'm "biting your head off", and I don't want to.

I respect what you have said (I might not agree with everything, and have tried to explain why not in my response), and I dont feel like you are ripping my head off because you are expressing how you feel and explaining it, not just coming at me telling me that i am wrong and just shut up about it.

> I tried initially to respond in a more subtle manner so you might be able to see other points-of-view, but when you said, "well I see that you can accept some constructive criticism with grace and humility, and respond with a logical, well thought out argument defending your opinion on the matter. oh, wait... sorry, I was reading a different message", it was clearly time to take another approach.

I think I have explained myself very well, I have not been calling names and have apologized for anything that anyone might take in a way it was not intended, and I've been taking a lot from people who have just been saying that I have been rude, and mean, and haven't been around long enough to say anything negative in any way, but Jimmy Mac can just say "What a huge, tremendous, heaping bowl of lamesauce." what the hell is that? thats not a point of view. thats not explaining an opinion. thats not engaging me in a discussion about what I said and why he disagrees with it. that I dont respect and did not appreciate, so I responded a little sarcastically.

I have responded to direct questions made to me, and I believe that I have responded answering those questions to the best of my ability.

can we please move on now.

Thank you

JimmyMac
04-29-2009, 08:03 PM
As Harrison Ford says:

"WHO CARES."

dude984
04-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I always feel like a surfer when I talk to dude984.

"Hey, dude!"

"How's it going, dude?"

"That's cool, dude!"

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The funny part is that I'm pretty much the complete opposite of a surfer dude...haha

JustinL
05-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Well, what does everyone think of the new FC forums design? It's gonna take a little bit of time to get used to.

But this new design is more streamlined and makes finding threads on specific topics a little easier.

Hope everyone enjoys it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric_Geller
05-08-2009, 06:15 AM
It will take some getting used to, but I think I'm starting to really like our new home. And it's definitely better than being in Miscellaneous with those cretins from Wuher's. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks to Dustin for a smooth transition.

JustinL
05-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Anybody else's monitor have that "fresh new car smell" when viewing the new FC forums? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cprav
05-08-2009, 06:26 AM
I love it! So much more organized! If you're looking for a specific thread it will be much easier to locate!

AND we're not miscellaneous! woo!!

shazbazzar
05-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Anybody else's monitor have that "fresh new car smell" when viewing the new FC forums? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm still a bit confused.
Could Ric Olie please explain to me which one controls the pitch? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Murray1134
05-08-2009, 06:32 AM
I like our new digs here. Now if only Palpatine would put a shirt on and Ric Olie would stop pointing out what all the buttons on the screen do... "Yes, Ric, thank you! I know I what the 'continue' button does.."

lost_mario_bro
05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
This place is huge! I will have to be careful not to get...lost. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif snicker http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ObiWannabe
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM

I'm still a bit confused.
Could Ric Olie please explain to me which one controls the pitch? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Be careful what you ask for Shazbazzar! As we learned from a recent ForceCast episode, Ric Olie may want a penny from you for every post from now on! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ObiWannabe
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
As Harrison Ford says:

"WHO CARES."

Jimmy Mac, just think about Mark Buehrle's phenomenal performance for your White Sox last night and know that you are loved, man! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pepemacca
05-10-2009, 07:43 AM
ive been listening for about a year. the first thing i want to say is, this podcast is FREE. you get it for nothing. its free entertainment. its also the best podcast ive heard, and i have heard a few.

to moan about it and say one of the hosts isnt to your liking is just churlish. what do you want them to do, change it to suit you? i know jimmy doesnt need anyone to defend him, but im going to anyway. we're lucky to have him. he is a naturally entertaining guy. i love his impersonations, theyre great. i could do with a little more Ziro on the show to be honest.also, i dont want to sound over the top, but in my opinion its the best podcast avaialble anywhere. no i havent heard every podcast in the world but i do listen to quite a few ( i work long hours in front of my computer). podcasts i enjoy include- chud, 1up, richard herring and andrew collins (uk comedians), a dr who podcast, stephen fry,ninja mountain, the list goes on. the force cast is the most enjoyable for me, they seem to have the mix just right in terms of genuinley funny spontaneous humour ,and a great level of access to lucasfilm, great interviews with the people closest to star wars...whats not to like??
the wierd thing is, im not even into star wars that much anymore, i just really like the show!
anyway back to work...

ObiWannabe
05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
ive been listening for about a year. the first thing i want to say is, this podcast is FREE. you get it for nothing. its free entertainment. its also the best podcast ive heard, and i have heard a few.

to moan about it and say one of the hosts isnt to your liking is just churlish. what do you want them to do, change it to suit you? i know jimmy doesnt need anyone to defend him, but im going to anyway. we're lucky to have him. he is a naturally entertaining guy. i love his impersonations, theyre great. i could do with a little more Ziro on the show to be honest.also, i dont want to sound over the top, but in my opinion its the best podcast avaialble anywhere. no i havent heard every podcast in the world but i do listen to quite a few ( i work long hours in front of my computer). podcasts i enjoy include- chud, 1up, richard herring and andrew collins (uk comedians), a dr who podcast, stephen fry,ninja mountain, the list goes on. the force cast is the most enjoyable for me, they seem to have the mix just right in terms of genuinley funny spontaneous humour ,and a great level of access to lucasfilm, great interviews with the people closest to star wars...whats not to like??
the wierd thing is, im not even into star wars that much anymore, i just really like the show!
anyway back to work...

Thanks for your thoughts, pepemacca. I agree that Jimmy doesn't need defending, but I am also glad that you said all the good things that you did about him. He is an extremely talented guy on many levels and his chemistry with Jason is perfect.

ObiWannabe
05-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I've got a technical question? Is there any way to adjust the volume levels or to make the lower sounds more clear for guests that are on the show via telephone? I loved having Kyle Newman on for The Clone Wars Roundtables and on the FC to promote Fanboys, but I often had a difficult time hearing and/or understanding what he was saying. He tended to let his volume trail off the longer he spoke and his voice became very muffled-sounding and difficult to decipher. I tried to compensate by turning up the volume, but this didn't always help.

I'm not trying to gripe, as I love the show very much. I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem and if there was anything that could be done about it. Thanks!

Eric_Geller
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I've got a technical question? Is there any way to adjust the volume levels or to make the lower sounds more clear for guests that are on the show via telephone? I loved having Kyle Newman on for The Clone Wars Roundtables and on the FC to promote Fanboys, but I often had a difficult time hearing and/or understanding what he was saying. He tended to let his volume trail off the longer he spoke and his voice became very muffled-sounding and difficult to decipher. I tried to compensate by turning up the volume, but this didn't always help.

I'm not trying to gripe, as I love the show very much. I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem and if there was anything that could be done about it. Thanks!

I've noticed the same thing with Kyle's volume. It could be that he just doesn't know how low it is, but if he listens to the episode later, he should get the hint. Maybe Jason or Jimmy could raise his level on the Skype call, or ask him to speak louder or sit closer to the phone's microphone.

Cramer
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Kyle is a trail-off talker. If you notice, his first words come on strong but then he quiets down and simutaniously exhales slowly with the rest of his sentance. So as he runs out of air his volume gets lower and less energetic. He trails off.

I'm always wondering if that's how he always talks but I do reconize that about 30% of that affect is added by the skype line. The only people who are really invunerable to it are Steve Sansweet and Jimmy, who are energetic speakers

Eric_Geller
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
The only people who are really invunerable to it are Steve Sansweet and Jimmy, who are energetic speakers

Don't forget Bonnie Burton! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cramer
05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
The only people who are really invunerable to it are Steve Sansweet and Jimmy, who are energetic speakers

Don't forget Bonnie Burton! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I never forget Bonnie. Just keep her to myself http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ObiWannabe
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not going deaf and that my radio still works! It's not a huge deal. I would venture to guess that the only real solution would be for guests to talk louder, which is just uncomfortable for some people for any sort of extended period. As long as the great guests that the FC is able to land can continue to be a part of the show, I'll turn my radio up as loud as I have to!

pepemacca
05-13-2009, 01:44 AM
i wonder how many Lucasfilm employees listen to the Force Cast....

ObiWannabe
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
i wonder how many Lucasfilm employees listen to the Force Cast....

Based upon a number of interviews it is certain that the ForceCast has a decent presence at Lucasfilm. We know that Henry Gilroy, Dave Filoni, and several other Clone Wars personnel are listening. Jimmy and Jason also have some great inside connections to the folks at the ranch. It's great to know that the people in charge of our beloved franchise care about the opinions of us fans.

JustinL
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Just as an FYI - Philip has just added a big Force-Cast linked logo to the top right corner of all TFN pages.

Easy peezy, lemon squeezy! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yoda_jammies
05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi!
I didn't see a new member thread, so I thought this one would be the best one to say hello! I'm Jammies from Louisville KY (Loo-ah-vuhll). Long time FC fan (even from the Eric days). My fandom foci are, reading everything EU, and building Star Wars models.

In fact, I tried to join earlier (google issues, sorries) to invite you all to Wonderfest 09, a sci-fi modeling con here in Derby City. It was great fun, losts of sci-fi models in the contest room (included about 4 of mine), dealers of toys, models, props, and Hobby Link Japan was there with a lot of overseas SW collectables, and a few Star Wars artists. The 501st was in force as well. Might be something some of you all are interested in for next year if you live nearby.

Also, a huge thank you to Jimmy, Jason, Pete, Jedi Justin, and everyone who has anything to do with the FC. It makes my week, and I know lots of you feel the same way.

Thanks guys, and May the Force Be With You!
Jammies
(hope this was the correct thread to post this in)

Eric_Geller
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the Force-Cast family, Jammies!

Sheldon
05-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome Jammies

I would like to see pics of your models.

Murray1134
05-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome! Sheldon is right, we need to see some pictures http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yoda_jammies
05-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys!

I'm not really new to the family, just, new to this board. The FC has been a part of my life (and an important one) for years.

Pics? Sure.
First, heres a link to most of all the cool models from this years contest. Now, keep in mind, this is just the contest. There is also the dealers room, the 501st and the Star Wars artists too.

http://kitbash.net/wf2009/

Okay, not to be a glory hound, but here are my entries from years past:
2007: Tie Intercepter flying over a crahsed Tie Fighter:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JLpWLWw6QoqpAsYJ9sYjVg?feat=directlink
2008: Tie Droid from Dark Empire:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sVlI4KxB0PG2ysW5HyvCQQ?feat=directlink
1/72 scale Snow Speeder (2.5 inches long)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DafxcOkxo3nLqGrbBSHNKQ?feat=directlink

And this years:
AT-PT
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n2YN2N4JyjAhFTPLnGRjBQ?feat=directlink
Y-Wing Green (in progress)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DyAMRqeUFN3E-dZ7i0W1bQ?feat=directlink
Y-Wing Green (in the show)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k67gQ4CXvOLqWuzVPqo3DA?feat=directlink

And, not to brag, but after years of not winning anything, here are my two 3rd place bronze awards:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZwmfJOObHBWXe5-1u2746Q?feat=directlink

I could post more pics, but, I rather say this. If anyone wants to put together a nice kit, just let me know-- I'd be happy to help with "the popsicle sticks" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jammies

Murray1134
05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow, those are some great looking models. Very impressive detail levels on such a small scale.

yoda_jammies
05-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Wow. Thanks all!

I hope some of you can make it down here next year, even if you are not into models, it is a fun lil con.

And, again, if anyone is interested in the hobby-- I'd be happy to help. The little snap tites from Revell at the WalMarts can be pretty fun.

Jammies

Sheldon
05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Awesome.

Just what I was looking for - some really cool well-weathered SW models! Lovin that Y-wing.

Thanks for that.

More would be fine by me.
Maybe you could post them under a thread that we had for showing off our talents - but I can't remember the name of the thread. If anyone can help out here - it had pics in it from Satka's projects.

yoda_jammies
05-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Okay two more:
http://www.starshipmodeler.org/contest11/dio_07.htm

http://www.starshipmodeler.org/contest12/dio_20.htm

Thanks guys.

Jammies

ObiWannabe
05-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for posting all those pics! They look really cool. I always love seeing the talents of Star Wars fans. We really do make up quite a neat community.

Cave_Jawa
05-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I love the force cast, I think it's so awesome. The discussions they have and the manner in which it keeps me updated with Star Wars news in such a nice and laid-back manner is very enjoyable.

I love just sitting back while taking a break and just listening to an episode of the force cast though sometime I fall behind and a lot stack up, but then again that just attests to the awesome work being put into it!

Eric_Geller
05-30-2009, 05:34 PM
We're glad you decided to join us, Cave_Jawa, and that you're enjoying the show. Welcome!

Murray1134
05-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Welcome Cave Jawa!

LaurieMac
05-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Ive just join the forum due to the force cast its the best podcast ever i listen to it every Friday evening and it makes me crack up all the time, its sooo cool and ... well i don't know what else to write but i love it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric_Geller
05-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Ive just join the forum due to the force cast its the best podcast ever i listen to it every Friday evening and it makes me crack up all the time, its sooo cool and ... well i don't know what else to write but i love it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We're glad you love the show so much. Jason and Jimmy work very hard and it certainly pays off. Welcome to the forums!

LaurieMac
05-31-2009, 01:45 PM
cheers thanks for welcoming me. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cave_Jawa
05-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Also is there a way for me to mark threads so that I get notified for replies?

LaurieMac
05-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Cave Jawa Good Question ( im new to) lol http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Murray1134
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Welcome LaurieMac!

LaurieMac
06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
cheers its great http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

shazbazzar
06-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Also is there a way for me to mark threads so that I get notified for replies?

At the bottom of any thread, there's a clickable text that reads, "Favorite Thread! (toggle)" on the lower left. Click it.

lost_mario_bro
06-01-2009, 08:00 PM
We get a new house and seems we get a few new roommates! Welcome!

LaurieMac
06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
i guess that means me Mario so Thanks http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lost_mario_bro
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
i guess that means me Mario so Thanks http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yes, welcome! I saw that you and Cave_Jawa had just joined us and I wasn't sure if there were any others that had posted for the first time somewhere in here. I hate the idea of missing people when I send out a welcome.

By the way you can call me LMB.

LaurieMac
06-03-2009, 11:01 AM
ok LMB thanks for the welcome, its it makes me feel really welcome http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LaurieMac
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
some times i really hate the time difference between the US and the UK because i really want to watch the live show but i cant. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jorbex
06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
some times i really hate the time difference between the US and the UK because i really want to watch the live show but i cant. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You can always wait until you have a few days off and stay up 'til two in the morning or something like that. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LaurieMac
06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
HA, i would if i could. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kitfistofan
06-04-2009, 07:29 AM
ok....heres just somethink i wanna say-Jeremy that was on the force-cast i am so sorry that was my fault

Cramer
06-06-2009, 01:50 PM
No more Fanboys specials are really needed. It got released, now is on DVD and all got their own Force-Cast special and multiples at that.

Now it's over. We'd just be beating a dead bantha

banistersmind
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I just finished up listening to the Collector's Episode and found it to be one of the most fascinating discussions regarding the state of Star Wars collecting I've heard in a while. It's great to listen to a review of the state of collecting as I have been in a kind of 'rain shadow' so far as my own collecting.

Reflecting on my own state of collecting I found myself really winding back on collecting generally in 2008. After having for some time sought to collect a lot of Hasbro I approached a tipping point whereby I no longer had the space to display my considerable (though modest) collection of Hasbro figures but I also found myself in the midst of a rut so far as collecting was concerned.

I was getting a little tired of seeing a lot of repacks and repaints and I noticed a noticeable deterioration in the quality of the figures in general. Poor paint apps, some "interesting" sculpting examples and as the guys discussed in the episode - disappointing packaging. Throughout 2007 - 2008 I contracted my collecting right back to only collecting figures that I found appealing to me. There were a few but many of them I passed on in the first instance. 2009 became a small enterprise in which all's I wanted to collect was the McQuarrie figs. If I could get a complete set of carded McQuarries then I would be satisified...I didn't btw...

What really sparked my ion engines again was the Clone Wars. Personally, I find TCW to have some of the nicest looking figures in a long old time. Maybe it was because of the attractiveness of the movie release and the subsequent series but I really found myself attracted to the style of the characters and the animation. Hasbro's attention to the subsequent figure release has really been true to the characters and thus I feel I have seen some of the best sculpts, paint apps and accessories in a while. The packaging - well I have never been a fan of the white clone/trooper cards and like Kyle - I really miss seeing all the figs in the line printed on the back of the card as they were in the old days. This is something I would love to see Hasbro consider in the future.

So I'm an old school collector/fan. I was there right from the beginning (well...1979 anyway). The vintage line was my childhood. No surprises there and I still get a buzz old school style when I see a vintage carded figure or even the VOTC homages of recent times - I have a few of them in my collection.

To be honest - though I was blown away in 1995/96 when the line was reborn - I was never a really big fan of those mid 90's figures with their steroidal figures - I mean I was really torn when I first got my Princess Leia. I kept thinking of that line from the movie "Aliens" - "Have you ever been mistaken for a man?" The most attractive line from the late 90's early 2000's for me was the Power of the Jedi line. Really beautiful sculpts, top notch paint apps, some really interesting characters immortalized (I Got Porkins!!).

The future for me looks bright and I guess that is in part because of my three year old son (he turns 3 on June 12th btw). He loves the Clone Wars. His favorite character is Ahsoka Tano interestingly enough and we have some really great Saturday mornings watching TCW on the Teev. Interestingly also - despite my son being of an entirely new generation he gets really excited whenever he sees Darth Vader on the TV or in a toy store or book store. I guess that's my fault. Just this morning while watching Insiders (Australia's version of Meet the Press) they crossed to Star Wars - Where Science Meets Imagination that has just kicked off in Melbourne, Australia to do a segment called "Your Shout" - basically interviewing everyday people on their thoughts about the current political climate. Xavy got very excited seeing all the Star Wars props and characters onscreen and we are seriously thinking about spending a weekend in Melbourne now just to go to the exhibit.

By way of comparison - just yesterday at the local Big W, Star Wars CW figs are on the pegs for $16.99AUD which I think works out to about $20.00USD. It's interesting to note that an $8.00USD price point works out at about $10 - $12AUD.

Great show guys as always - Dean from Australia - The Forcecast's Greatest Australian Fanboy.

captmiloman
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Just finished listening to this week's edition. Great birthday tribute to Ralph McQuarrie. Happy belated b-day, Mr. McQuarrie. Catchy song at the end, BTW.

ObiWannabe
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
A while back I posted something about having a hard time hearing Kyle Newman when he was on the show, specifically as he tended to trail off towards the ends of his sentences. However, he's been much easier to hear/understand as of late. I don't know if anything has specifically changed, but it's been much better! He's always fun to listen to.

Sithlord76
06-18-2009, 02:23 AM
great shows you guys put out every week i love the podcast TWO THUMBS UP lol

Eric_Geller
06-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Jason and Jimmy must be doing something right -- the Force-Cast is at #29 on iTunes's Top Audio Podcasts in TV&Film!

Check it out! (http://www.twitpic.com/8kekj)

Cramer
06-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Just listened to the 3 episodes I saved; today's, McQaurrie bash, and the Trek special that I was kinda loat and disinterested, but strangely interested at the same time..on the trip from Albany NY to Port Clyde, Maine. It almost lasted the whole way! I only had to endure about 35 minutes of the drive without a Force-Cast! Yoohoo!

MusicalJedi
06-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Any plans to do a song to segue into Fan Days 3 reports like your Celebration 4/Celebration Europe musical segues from 2007? I unfortunately didn't get to attend either C4 or Celebration Europe, but I loved the "Celebration" and "Sgt. Pepper" tunes before the convention news. Let's just say I got to live vicariously through the Forcecast! I'm actually attending FD3, and am thinking these musical segments can only increase the anticipation for the event! Thanks for all that you guys do....Keep up the amazing work.

Eric_Geller
06-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Any plans to do a song to segue into Fan Days 3 reports like your Celebration 4/Celebration Europe musical segues from 2007? I unfortunately didn't get to attend either C4 or Celebration Europe, but I loved the "Celebration" and "Sgt. Pepper" tunes before the convention news. Let's just say I got to live vicariously through the Forcecast! I'm actually attending FD3, and am thinking these musical segments can only increase the anticipation for the event! Thanks for all that you guys do....Keep up the amazing work.

I love this idea. We need some cool tunes to open the FD3 reports. I would suggest some, but for the life of me I can't think of anything applicable to the term "Fan Days".

MusicalJedi
06-28-2009, 10:28 AM

I love this idea. We need some cool tunes to open the FD3 reports. I would suggest some, but for the life of me I can't think of anything applicable to the term "Fan Days".

Deep in the Heart of Texas perhaps? (Sorry, just watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure.)

Eric_Geller
06-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Deep in the Heart of Texas perhaps? (Sorry, just watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure.)

Actually, having a Texas theme instead of a Star Wars theme could be funny. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MusicalJedi
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM

Actually, having a Texas theme instead of a Star Wars theme could be funny. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe a ZZ Top song to go with the Texas theme. I can just imagine Ziro the Hutt, Watto, or George Lucas singing Tush or Sharp Dressed Man. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TallestJawa
06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Any plans to do a song to segue into Fan Days 3 reports like your Celebration 4/Celebration Europe musical segues from 2007? ...these musical segments can only increase the anticipation for the event!

All I can say is that if a we needed a "Fan Days" theme for FCTV, there is one clear winner. And before you guess "Happy Days", know that it is #2. #1 is, without a doubt, "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen.

Murray1134
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I was looking on iTunes podcast section and I noticed this. I think it's pretty cool, shows how far the FC has come.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Murray1134/itunes_FC.jpg

Eric_Geller
07-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes, the show has often been featured in the TV&Film category. But that doesn't lessen the impact of seeing it and realizing that the FC crew puts out a stellar product in a highly professional way.

JediShua
07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm very proud to say that I've followed the Forcecast since the beginning. They have worked so hard and really put together an extremely entertaining show. Thanks again guys!

shazbazzar
07-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Ahhhh.
The end of the "birthdays" segment.
We totally understand, guys.
But will we still get "official" Star Wars birthday announcements (at least once/month) for those bright and shining stars in that GFFA?

lost_mario_bro
07-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm very proud to say that I've followed the Forcecast since the beginning. They have worked so hard and really put together an extremely entertaining show. Thanks again guys!

I want to second that. I too was very fortunate to have been there at the beginning. Sadly for me an episode here and there has fallen through the cracks but in the off weeks I try to find those "lost gems" and see what I missed. And just like Shua I just want to say "Thank you!"

darth_sidious
07-11-2009, 05:59 PM
The birthday segment was superfluous - so its good to see it go, nothing wrong with trimming the fat and making the forcecast a star wars only show. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JustinL
07-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Just in case you didn't realize it, the hyphen has been officially removed from the ForceCast name by the staff here.

Makes it look more streamlined, right? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric_Geller
07-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Yes, I'm liking the new look to the name.

Jorbex
07-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Nice! But I guess someone has to update his signature... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric_Geller
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Nice! But I guess someone has to update his signature... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good catch!

Jade_Jedi
07-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Hey guy's, I'm getting an error message on iTunes when I click on the ! icon, it says:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
"The Force-Cast : Star Wars News and Commentary" does not seem to have a valid Podcast URL.
Please check that you have entered the correct URL and try again.

[/QUOTE]

I subscribed via the site and didn't enter any URL so not sure whats going on there.
Anyone else get this?

JustinL
07-14-2009, 09:10 AM
For those fans who may not use it, check out the cool new ForceCast Twitter avatar logo:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/308758994/100x100TFC.gif

Sweet! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Eric_Geller
07-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Yes, we also deployed this logo to MySpace and Facebook. If you're on those sites, check us out!

Jorbex
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
That looks very nice! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

obiwanman93
07-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Cool! Looks great! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jade_Jedi
07-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Will we see this on the cafepress products? Would be nice to have the updated logo on a shirt.

KenobiFanSC
07-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey I'm listening now but is anyone having problems getting into the chatroom on UStream(if you are listening live at 8:21pm on 7-22 lol)?

Chris Wyman
07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey I'm listening now but is anyone having problems getting ito the chats(if you are listening live at 8:21pm on 7-22 lol)

Been on since 7:40pm and the chat has not worked. Sounded like at least a few people were in though just before the show started.

KenobiFanSC
07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah I've been trying to get in since about 7:51 or so and its not letting me in and I keep refreshing it with no luck or change.

Chris Wyman
07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah I've been trying to get in since about 7:51 or so and its not letting me in and I keep refreshing it with no luck or change.

I've got too much stuff going on on the boards tonight to be chatting anyway. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What better way to run around online than to listen to The ForceCast?! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KenobiFanSC
07-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm on the force.net sit and trying to chat there but it keeps asking me to log in...so far its been like 3 times lol everytime i post something*ding* log in screen! (UGH! lol)

Eric_Geller
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm on the force.net sit and trying to chat there but it keeps asking me to log in...so far its been like 3 times lol everytime i post something*ding* log in screen! (UGH! lol)

Non-registered users can't chat.

JeremySkywalker
07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
At least I am not the only one to have problems with the chat.

KenobiFanSC
07-22-2009, 07:53 PM
ah ok (im registered with ustream so that's not working out lol...but if i got to registeron theforce.net then i'll do it-and yay another person left to just watch lol

Murray1134
07-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I've always had better luck going straight to Ustream, and not thru TF.N

JarJarJedi
07-22-2009, 11:31 PM
You can chat off of TF.N too? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've had two people tell me (Gunganfan and pmk) that they couldn't get on the chat tonight.

Katana_Geldar
08-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Loved the cast, guys. Jason, I am surprised that you're reading Fate of the Jedi and not tackled the NJO yet. There's no Jaina in nerf pants, here, and the NJO is, at least in my opinion, where the EU goes into an almost high fantasy. And you have yet to meet one of the greatest characters in the EU: Nom Anor. I just cannot get enough of this guy, he could cross 'sabers with Palpatine in terms of manipulation.

grievousfan91
08-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Hello everybody! I'm new here but I've been listening to the Force-Cast since last October, and I love it! I just wanted to say thank you to Jason, Jimmy, and everybody else involved with the show, great job guys! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LaurieMac
08-10-2009, 08:56 AM
hi, welcome the the forums. good to have u. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jorbex
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Welcome, GrievousFan!

JediShua
08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I think the new site is leading a lot of new people to the best forums on the internet. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Welcome to all the newcomers! It's great to have you around!

LaurieMac
08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
agreed http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Satka
08-11-2009, 07:54 AM
It's nice to see so many new faces, we'll soon be enough to ... how many of us are there, by the way?

Is there a head count available somewhere?

Murray1134
08-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Welcome to all our new friends!

Katana_Geldar
08-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Listened to the EU show and I had to write a nice long email them detailing what they missed in the EU. Even though they may be separate universes, they do cross over! Ask the Wookiee about Coruscant next time you drop by his place.

Padme319
08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
So I just wanted to make a quick post in here...I actually had a friend "make" me listen to the forcecast about a month ago or so because I had never listened before. I enjoyed it so much it has become a Weds night ritual with us. I really enjoyed the Dee Bradley Baker segment, love the Billy Dean quote of the week, and find myself laughing/enjoying alot of the content of the show.

Jorbex
08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
We're glad to have you here, Padme! Welcome! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Wyman
08-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes, welcome Padme. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jorbex
08-20-2009, 01:15 PM

Hmmm... Is Padme's friend called "Chris" by any chance? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric_Geller
08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello and welcome Padme!

shazbazzar
08-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Hmmm... Is Padme's friend called "Chris" by any chance? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome, Padme.
And I suppose I agree with Jorbex's conclusion.
I wonder if you'll be changing your avatar to a sketch before long.

Chris Wyman
08-22-2009, 07:55 AM

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Padme319
08-22-2009, 02:35 PM

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Satka
08-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome Padmé!

Having a new member going by that name can only be a good thing http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lost_mario_bro
08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Getting caught up on the Chicago Comic-Con shows. The show just continues to improve. They have come along way in the last three years.

Welcome, Padme and all the others that have joined lately. We are getting more and more new members all the time. Its almost as if we need a "Welcome New Members" thread.

Eric_Geller
08-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Its almost as if we need a "Welcome New Members" thread.

That's not a bad idea, actually. A thread with the basics on the show and its community, plus information on stuff like FCTV, the SWCLD, our Fan Days III meetup, and other FC-related "ventures."

ObiWannabe
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to all the new members! Make yourselves at home. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric_Geller
08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey folks, we all love Audible.com for their support of the ForceCast, and we've all heard Jason say how many Star Wars titles (100+) are available on the site. So for those of you who want to see all the Star Wars books available on Audible, I set up a short URL that you can memorize and access from any web browser. When you want to download a Star Wars audiobook, sign up for your Audible membership (using www.audiblepodcast.com/tfn (http://www.audiblepodcast.com/tfn) ) and then go to http://bit.ly/audiblestarwars (http://bit.ly/audiblestarwars). That will redirect to the Star Wars section of Audible. Enjoy your audiobook listening!

JediShua
08-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey folks, we all love Audible.com for their support of the ForceCast, and we've all heard Jason say how many Star Wars titles (100+) are available on the site. So for those of you who want to see all the Star Wars books available on Audible, I set up a short URL that you can memorize and access from any web browser. When you want to download a Star Wars audiobook, sign up for your Audible membership (using www.audiblepodcast.com/tfn (http://www.audiblepodcast.com/tfn) ) and then go to http://bit.ly/audiblestarwars (http://bit.ly/audiblestarwars). That will redirect to the Star Wars section of Audible. Enjoy your audiobook listening!

Just downloaded Abyss. Hope to discuss it in the Lazy Book Club sometime.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ObiWannabe
08-26-2009, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the info Eric! Very helpful.

walkingcarpet
09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Just kind of a general thing, it'd be nice if, on the "Listen Live" page on ForceCast.net put the video feed next to the chat box instead of above it.

Right now it sits above the chat on the page and you can't keep the whole video player and the chat in the window at the same time (unless you've got a massive monitor or something, which I don't).

The video feed sits next to the chat on the UStream page, and I've just been going there, but it'd be for convenient if it was set up like that on the ForceCast.net page as well so I could just watch the show there.

JustinL
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Just a friendly reminder to keep posting your reviews on iTunes for each ForceCast episode! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Katana_Geldar
10-10-2009, 11:05 PM
No regular podcast this week?

Eric_Geller
10-11-2009, 08:11 AM
No regular podcast this week?

That's correct. They didn't have time to do a regular episode on Wednesday night, as they were already recording two shows.

Katana_Geldar
10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
AWWWW! And this week was the NJO ten year anniversary! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If I didn't know any better I'd be wondering about Jason http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric_Geller
10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
AWWWW! And this week was the NJO ten year anniversary! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

To be honest, I doubt they would have covered that anyway.

Cramer
10-11-2009, 07:57 PM

Yeah, I'm suprised that's even news. Since when do we keep anniversaries of anything non-movie or non-Forcecast?

Eric_Geller
10-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Yeah, I'm suprised that's even news. Since when do we keep anniversaries of anything non-movie or non-Forcecast?

I wasn't saying it was unworthy. I was saying that it probably wouldn't make their lineup.

Cramer
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM

I wasn't saying it was unworthy. I was saying that it probably wouldn't make their lineup.

wouldn't make their lineup because?????? If you say other news stories would be of more importance, than you might as well say it's not worthy. I am. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric_Geller
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM

wouldn't make their lineup because?????? If you say other news stories would be of more importance, than you might as well say it's not worthy. I am. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do think other news stories are more important. But the reason they would cut the NJO anniversary story in my mind is because of time. As a major turning point in the EU, it is worth mentioning. Just not as much as other news they might have. Who knows, maybe they'll address it this week?

Yak
10-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey all, started listening to the force cast early in the year and absolutely love it! So big thx to Jason, Jimmy and all the folk involved!

MORE IMPERSONATIONS PLEASE! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif (and EU bashing http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

I listen to the shows with the iPhone when they appear on iTunes a few days after they're recorded. I don't suppose there's a way to hear them sooner with the iPhone? The live chat sounds like fun too!

Eric_Geller
10-12-2009, 06:57 AM
I don't suppose there's a way to hear them sooner with the iPhone? The live chat sounds like fun too!

Download the Ustream app in the iTunes App Store, and search for "ForceCast" when the show goes live (approximately 1:00am Scotland time). You can then listen, watch, and chat from your iPhone. The chat is a bit clunky, but you should get a good quality stream if your Internet is fast.

Yak
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't suppose there's a way to hear them sooner with the iPhone? The live chat sounds like fun too!

Download the Ustream app in the iTunes App Store, and search for "ForceCast" when the show goes live (approximately 1:00am Scotland time). You can then listen, watch, and chat from your iPhone. The chat is a bit clunky, but you should get a good quality stream if your Internet is fast.

That's excellent thanks so much!!

Katana_Geldar
10-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey hey, it's saturday and I don't see a regular Force Cast. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Clone Wars cartoons aren't coming down here until Channel 10 decides to put them on. When is the enxt regular one coming?

TomH1138
10-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, guys. To answer your question, re: "What was with that other Ewoks theme?" -

Remember that there were 2 seasons of the Ewoks cartoon. The first was produced by Nelvana and had the memorable theme by Taj Mahal. The second was produced by a different animation company ([censored]?) and had a different (to my mind, cheesier) theme.

I tried to track down for sure which animation company it was, but neither IMDB, Wikipedia or even Wookiepedia have any information on this! (Unsurprisingly, not many fans are writing a ton of stuff about the Ewoks cartoon.) Wiki and Wookie even disagree about how many episodes were made (Wiki lists 26, while Wookie claims 35).

I'll have to pull out my trusty old Bantha Tracks when I get home - then I can complete this mini-"investigative report"! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And thanks for playing the Droids theme. Yeah, it's kind of cheesy, but I always loved it anyway. Brought back lots of memories!

NeoMaximuz
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Man, I've been wondering this for ages! I'm always on the go on Wednesday afternoons! Thanks Eric!

Eric_Geller
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Man, I've been wondering this for ages! I'm always on the go on Wednesday afternoons! Thanks Eric!

You're very welcome! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

banistersmind
02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I just heard Jason and Jimmy's shout out on the 2/5 weekly FC. I actually shed a tear, I was moved so.

Thanks guys.

JustinL
02-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I just heard Jason and Jimmy's shout out on the 2/5 weekly FC. I actually shed a tear, I was moved so.

Thanks guys.

And congrats to you Dean! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Womp
02-06-2010, 08:10 AM

Thanks guys.

And congrats to you Dean! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Huge +1 to that!!

Larry_Lars
05-10-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm a big fan of everything ForceCast, but I have one complaint that I hope doesn't come across as too nitpicky.

I think the sound effects and music intros makes the show what it is, but I don't like when you have music continously playing during an interview, or any large talking segment for that matter.

I think the outro part of the ending is OK, but when you interviewed Steve Sansweet about C5 announcements and you had the celebration music blazing over at least half the segment I felt that I had to ask you to concider not doing that in the future.

I don't know about you others, but at least for me with english as a second language, having music during an interview like that makes a difference in how much I can take away from that information the first time I listen to it.

Overall I think that the Celebration music would work better as an intro rather than a theme for a whole segment. At least I would think of that as a slight improvement of the show.

Jorbex
05-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the forums, Larry! Feel free to join in the fun and craziness. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(And that's an excellent screen name, by the way!)

Porkins1981
05-19-2010, 01:45 AM
Absolutely LOVE the show. I sent an email via the iphone ap. I hope you guys got it because you truly saved the fan in me! Thanks!

Murray1134
05-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Welcome Porkins! Glad you joined us http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jorbex
05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Fantastic having you here Porkins! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Eric_Geller
05-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Hello Porkins! Glad you could join us!

ObiWannabe
05-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Porkins! Good to see that you survived that crash after all!

Glad to have you as part of our family.

TheScreamMan
06-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, buig fan of the show! Was trying to do your survey, but it keeps taking me to some redundancy screen and wanting me to sign up for some club or something. is that what you have to do to fill in the survey?

Katana_Geldar
06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I am getting the same thing, won't even let me fill out the form and says that my answers have been tabulated even though I haven't answered any questions.

Jade_Jedi
06-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Hmm....same here, I'm beginning to see a pattern here, must be something to do with being in Australia. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JediShua
06-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, buig fan of the show! Was trying to do your survey, but it keeps taking me to some redundancy screen and wanting me to sign up for some club or something. is that what you have to do to fill in the survey?

Hmmm...I took the survey and got this screen (I think), but it said it was optional to join (an "audience panel"?) But I think my answers were tabulated.

Eric_Geller
06-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Your answers were tabulated. I too took the survey and got the audience panel invitation. You do not need to accept that offer for your feedback to be sent.

Jade_Jedi
06-27-2010, 10:30 PM
All I get when I click either the standard or the abbreviated is this:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/donno69/th_survey-1.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/donno69/?action=view&current=survey-1.jpg)
then from there this:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/donno69/th_survey-2.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/donno69/?action=view&current=survey-2.jpg)
and that is it, no survey. My guess is that for some reason IP's from Australia are blocked or something.
Oh, and if I do fill out the second page I get the message,
* Please complete each of the questions on this form so we can serve you better. Although all fields are filled.

Katana_Geldar
06-27-2010, 11:11 PM
That's what I get too.

Stupid ethnocentric company. Help, help I'm being oppressed!

Murray1134
06-28-2010, 07:00 AM
That's what I get too.

Stupid ethnocentric company. Help, help I'm being oppressed!

Now we see the violence inherent in the system.. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh wait.. a survey thingie.. Yes, I was able to take it. It's possible that the company doing it is only setup for US or North American IPs.

Eric_Geller
07-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I just had an email conversation with the one and only Pete Nadel!

Please pass along to any of the old timers you talk to that I miss them and I may pop back in once things calm down a bit.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jade_Jedi
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Please pass along to any of the old timers you talk to that I miss them and I may pop back in once things calm down a bit.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WOW that's awesome hope to hear him on the show soon, any mention of him going to CV?

Eric_Geller
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM

WOW that's awesome hope to hear him on the show soon, any mention of him going to CV?

He told me that he will not be attending CV.

Jade_Jedi
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Ah well, will be good to hear him on the show at least. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

james1138
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
social media director?
im out of it for a little while and everyone is having delusions of grandeur
hey eric, been a long time

grievousfan91
08-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Absolutely loved the first CV live show you guys released. That combined with all the great coverage from TFN Rebelscum and SW.com I felt like I truly was there.

Hi, I'm grievousfan91 and I was NOT left behind at CV! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Oh and great Piper quote James 1138)

shazbazzar
08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm mowing today.
I was kinda busy last Friday. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Listening to the first CV ForceCast.
It's like having 2 Celebrations in a week! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thanks to all the ForceCast crew, Rebelscum.com and TheForce.net team members for a great time.
We reunited with old friends, met new friends, and it just keeps going! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

In the immortal words of "Eric from Maryland",
"I have a couple of things:"

Awesome. Awesome. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(thanks, PaulRMQ) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric_Geller
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Just a reminder to be following the Parsec Awards Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/parsecawards) as there is a chance that the ForceCast will take home an award. The awards ceremony starts at 4pm (about 5 minutes from now).

Murray1134
09-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Just a reminder to be following the Parsec Awards Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/parsecawards) as there is a chance that the ForceCast will take home an award. The awards ceremony starts at 4pm (about 5 minutes from now).

This just about sums it all up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Eric_Geller
09-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Yep, The Signal (Firefly podcast) ended up winning.

MattDoc
09-07-2010, 10:51 PM

Yep, The Signal (Firefly podcast) ended up winning.

There's a Firefly podcast? I liked the show and all, but how is there enough to have a podcast when there was just 1 season of TV and 1 movie?

AUD2
09-08-2010, 01:18 AM
I've had headaches that lasted longer than Firefly, come on how can anyone compare that to Star Wars and The Force Cast. I DEMAND A RECOUNT! Something smells like bantha poodoo about this!

Eric_Geller
09-08-2010, 08:09 AM
I've had headaches that lasted longer than Firefly

I just woke up and this may be the best thing I'll read all day. BRILLIANT. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Womp
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I've had headaches that lasted longer than Firefly, come on how can anyone compare that to Star Wars and The Force Cast. I DEMAND A RECOUNT! Something smells like bantha poodoo about this!

Nothing I can say will make the loss at the Parsecs any better for you. But I can say that I have it on good authority from the Parsec Steering Committee that it was a very tight race among all the finalists.

The ForceCast and its fans should be proud of what it has accomplished over the years. It was an honor and a privilege to nominiate the podcast for the award this year. I only wish that it had won.

And, for the record, I am not part of the Parsecs. I'm a fan like you and a podcaster for a show that won in 2009.

AUD2
09-08-2010, 09:35 PM
actually I must confess that I did really enjoy Firefly and would have liked to see where it could have been taken if allowed to continue. BUT the FC shall yet live to dominate the galaxy...damn it that dark side keeps creeping in!

MattDoc
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
actually I must confess that I did really enjoy Firefly and would have liked to see where it could have been taken if allowed to continue. BUT the FC shall yet live to dominate the galaxy...damn it that dark side keeps creeping in!

Agreed. But more importantly...you need to get those headaches checked out. That's not normal.! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dewback66
09-15-2010, 08:11 PM

That's the thing about podcasts: it's listen-on-demand, but only if you have the time. It's tough to fit in a two-hour podcast, especially if you watch or listen to other podcasts as well. But the Force-Cast has so much to cover and so many great segments that it would be impossible to go to an hour-long show. Maybe you could try listening to it in sections.

I have to say that I have a 20 minute commute to and from work 4 days a week and the Force-Cast nicely fills in that time on the road perfectly.

Darth_Satanas
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
I wish each show was 3 hours long!

Venar
09-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi there.
As i told you in my excrutiating long email, i wanna thank you for keeping my Star Wars faith alive when it was dying, and for making me enjoy the Clone Wars, which i used to consider the stupidest idea in the world because "hey, we know the ending!"
Now i enjoy it tremendously.

grievousfan91
09-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forcecast forums Venar!

Darth_Satanas
09-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the party, Venar http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Jorbex
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
So great having you here, Venar! You couldn't find a friendliest bunch of SW geeks in the whole world!

JediShua
09-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Whoot Whoot! Welcome Venar! Come back and join the craziness often! We loving having everyone here! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Womp
09-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Welcome aboard, Venar!

banistersmind
10-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Regarding the naming of Felix Silla's Hang Gliding Ewok, I suggest we could look to Felix's performance of "Twiki" in Buck Rogers from the late 70's (Gil Gerard, Erin Gray) and re-tool that name to accompany Felix's Ewok from Return Of The Jedi...

JustinL
03-28-2011, 12:28 PM
With Sept. 16th being officially announced as the release date for the SW Blu-ray sets, I think it would be a great idea to have a FC Blog set up where fans can submit pics of them waiting on line to pick up their copies, watching the BD's with their families, etc.

Would be a perfect way for fellow FC fans to celebrate this momentous day in SW fandom.