PDA

View Full Version : Force-Cast: March 6th, 2009

JustinL
03-07-2009, 09:47 AM
The Force-Cast is back with an all-new show packed with all the goodies you expect! We’ve got all the latest news, birthdays, Billy Dee quotes and outrageous stories to satisfy your Star Wars jones! Plus listener mail, voice mail, and we even open up the phone lines for some live interaction…Force-Cast style! Get your iPod ready for a jump to lightspeed with The Weekly Force-Cast!!!

http://theforce.net/topstory/story/ForceCast_March_6_2009_121607.asp

http://www.theforce.net/podcast/files/fc-logo-news-topper.jpg

JustinL
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I have a slightly different take on Jimmy's comment about how he recorded all of the TPM press coverage on TV with his wall of VCR's.

I've been a passionate SW magazine article collector since the release of the SE's back in 1997. If a magazine had a feature article on SW, I would buy the magazine and remove the article from it and store each page in an archval safe PVC-free sheet protector in a 3-ring binder.

I have binders dedicated to articles on the release of the Special Editions, the Prequels, the 30th Anniversary, The Force Unleashed, all of the Celebrations, and Indiana Jones.

Just wanted to post a few pics from my TPM binder:

TPM Media Articles (http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/jlasalata/SW%20TPM%20Articles/)

Thanks! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jorbex
03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Those are beautiful, Justin! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Murray1134
03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Impressive. Most Impressive.

Garr
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I posted this on the Qui-Gon thread too but just in case no one saw it here it is again.

I'm wondering what you guys thought about what I brought up on the show for March 6th.

As a fan like you guys, I would have loved to have see Liam Neeson as a Force ghost in Ep3, but would it have lessened our appreciation for them in the other movies? And would it have ruined the surprise a little for those future generations watching the Star Wars Saga in Order? Would there have not been as much of a progression in the saga?

And this doesn't just go for Force ghosts. What are your thoughts on this as far as jumping to hyperspace on anything else that was in the OT but not in the PT.

My personal feeling is that GL showed incredible restraint by not blasting everything that is Star Wars at us. I'm glad he held back with some of these things. That's what makes Star Wars Sequels/Prequels better than others. George didn't just retread everything that was done right in the 1st one. He made up new cool stuff.

As for RotS, I think our questions were answered and in the most beautiful way. Finally after RotS came out we really know what the saga is about: The path to eternal life is through the good side of the Force. Anakin the whole time is trying to figure out how to save lives and he finally ends up on relying on Palpatine the dark lord of the Sith to solve his problems. But it turns out he's lying, and Yoda reveals to OB1 that he has figured out the path to eternal life. And if you think about it, while it would have been nice to see Qui-Gon, it would have just been repetitive. We know that Yoda had to relay the message to OB1 in order for it to make sense that he come back later as a Force ghost, so for us to have seen the same conversation between Yoda and Qui-Gon would have been unnecessary. And one of the rules of making a good tragedy is to end the story shortly after the tragic part happens. GL knows these story telling rules and he followed them beautifully.

What do you guys think?

If you all already saw this and you still don't give a crap then I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.

TurynRezius
03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
First,
I heard this a while ago and am not sure if it's true or not. But Liam was going to be in either episode II or III, but got in a motorcycle accident and was filming something else that conflicted with the filming periods of both movies. (I think the accident was before II and the other movie (possible Batman Begins) was before III.)

I agree and am glad GL didn't throw everything we knew about Star Wars at us, he added to the lore and made up new things that are more "Star Wars"-ey than ever.

And even with the 30 year gap in the saga, I do like to think of them as all one movie.
(Except the lightsaber fights really detract from the timeline. I great, II Amazing, III AWESOME!, IV retirement home..., V heavy swords..., VI AWESOME!...but not as much as III)
And it is great to see development in Yoda's view of the force into the views which Gui Gon held from the beginning.

But to be honest, I never even noticed the lack of hyperspace, and never really missed the Force Ghost phenomena. And was satisfied and accepted that Yoda learned from Qui-Gon, who passed it on to Obi Wan.

Only thing that I hated, and still haven't come to terms with, was putting Hayden Christenson as Force Ghost Anakin the Return of the Jedi. I like Hayden, his portrayal has grown well on me. But there's no flashbacks or anything through the re-done 2004 originals, then all of a sudden, snap! There's Young anakin.
Jake Loyd could have even fit better...