PDA

View Full Version : Han PF: Regular vs Exclusive

yodasan
02-02-2009, 12:28 AM
I know about the differences between these two versions of the Han PF.
Curious to hear opinions from people who have seen both - ?

SirTristram
02-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I have both and I just like the Exclusive better. The base is cooler.
It just is more unique to me. You don't see Han in the Medal ceremony set up a lot.

ambasah
02-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I wish all PF exclusives were the same as Han (ie a different base). The medal of yavin is also only with the exclusive I believe.

SirTristram
02-02-2009, 09:33 AM
I wish all PF exclusives were the same as Han (ie a different base). The medal of yavin is also only with the exclusive I believe.

Yes, that is correct. The medal and his shirt is buttoned up and closed as well.

Rodders
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I only have two Premium Format figures, but i am curious. Are the exclusives really worth it? Living in the UK i don't get to see these too much, but i may be able to get the Boba Exclusive and wonder how different they are from the regular version.

yodasan
02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Some of the exclusives are clearly worthwhile, such as the Vader helmet in the Luke/Yoda Dagobah PF,
the cape for Grievous, and the Sith eyes for Anakin. Personally I don't think the exclusive for the Boba is worth paying extra.

DarthInwah
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I think this is the first and only PF than SSC made that is completely different from the regular edition. I believe that this is the reason why they've made the PF exclusives the way they are now.

Han Exclusive is like a totally different piece. The base is different and the shirt is different. Of course you get the medal as well. You really can't change the base or shirt. The medal you could easily take off though.

Most PF's, you can remove the extra piece and it will look like the regular edition ie. floppy hat and Poncho Luke and Cape Grievous.

The other pieces, you either display the exclusive or not:
vader - mouse droid
old ben - training remote
ESB Luke - Vader helmet
Boba - stone Bantha Skull thingy
Maul - probe droid

and the rest - interchangeable pieces:
Leia - ST blaster or Leia blaster
Tusken - gaffie or rifle
Ani - sith or no sith eyes

So it comes down to personal preference. I like the Yavin exclusive but it kinda stinks that unlike the others, you can't swap btwn the two.

ambasah
02-02-2009, 03:15 PM
also the ANH Luke exclusive is holding his binoculars...

yodasan
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Out of these I think only the Luke/Vader head adds to the overall display.

The other pieces, you either display the exclusive or not:
vader - mouse droid
old ben - training remote
ESB Luke - Vader helmet
Boba - stone Bantha Skull thingy
Maul - probe droid

SirTristram
02-02-2009, 07:45 PM
I have all of their PF's and all of them are the exclusives. In addition, I do have an extra regular edition Han. THe Han Ex. is definitely the one to have if you only get one exclusive PF. Not to mention the ES is only 250 or something!!!!
I love them all and proudly display all of the exclusive pieces...the only one that I am not going to display is the Tusken Raider exclusive....I just prefer the Gaffi stick! But, I'll have the rifle if I change my mind.

Tusken_Raiders
02-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Im still short Han, Asajj & Grievous..but I do prefer the exclusive verisons, its just that extra piece just add to it and if your paying this type of money, why not get everything...

Fett is the only one I'd really say that you don't need the ex. piece.

Mighty_Jabba
02-03-2009, 12:39 PM
The thing is that the exclusives pretty much always command a price premium, and in some cases it's a pretty big jump even though the exclusive piece isn't that great. Take Obi-wan, for example. The jedi training ball is sort of cool, but it doesn't fit in with the pose or the setting for the piece (the duel with Vader) so I didn't think it was worth spending more to get something I wouldn't be displaying.

The Luke/Vader head that comes with Dagobah Luke is my favorite, and in fact it's the only exclusive Star Wars PF that I have at the moment.

DarthInwah
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I have all of their PF's and all of them are the exclusives. In addition, I do have an extra regular edition Han. THe Han Ex. is definitely the one to have if you only get one exclusive PF. Not to mention the ES is only 250 or something!!!!
I love them all and proudly display all of the exclusive pieces...the only one that I am not going to display is the Tusken Raider exclusive....I just prefer the Gaffi stick! But, I'll have the rifle if I change my mind.

You to Sir T!

I too prefer the Gaffi but like us all, I had to get the EX for the rifle. Maybe when I feel crazy, I'll mix it up and put the rifle on!

DarthInwah
02-03-2009, 01:52 PM
The thing is that the exclusives pretty much always command a price premium, and in some cases it's a pretty big jump even though the exclusive piece isn't that great. Take Obi-wan, for example. The jedi training ball is sort of cool, but it doesn't fit in with the pose or the setting for the piece (the duel with Vader) so I didn't think it was worth spending more to get something I wouldn't be displaying.

The Luke/Vader head that comes with Dagobah Luke is my favorite, and in fact it's the only exclusive Star Wars PF that I have at the moment.

Totally agree with above. The training remote was a weird one since Obi is being posed with darth and he himself never used the remote. I basically have it displayed with my Luke, even though the pose is incorrect for the scene.

yodasan
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Similarly - what does the mouse droid have to do with Vader?
When I think of a mouse droid I think of the scene with Chewie growling at it in the DS.

Sergiu
02-04-2009, 05:22 AM
When I think of a mouse droid I think of the scene with Chewie growling at it in the DS.

Vader should have come with an Interrogator Droid, now that would be a cool Vader exclusive

AmanaMatt
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
There was a dude selling the Han Pf exclusive for like $255 on sideshow collectors forums - a great price for only 250 made. That said, i like the reg better. Just more iconic (to me), but both are cool!

forcesensitive
02-10-2009, 05:32 AM

Vader should have come with an Interrogator Droid, now that would be a cool Vader exclusive

indeed http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dxdave
02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
I have a Fett exclusive and I must be in the minority for buying that one because I liked the exclusive crest...It's a nice "side" display, in my opinion.