PDA

View Full Version : It's the holidays...anyone wanna do this?

Sketchman
11-16-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure, but I think there has been a "traveling" box of goodies that has been mailed from member to member, with each member taking/adding to the box.
With Christmas time approaching, would anyone like to try a Traveling Christmas Present, with the premis being the same as the above? I would be happy to send out the first package with some SW goodies in it, the next person on the list would take something and add something(s) and send it on to the next person. We could start with, say, 25 members around the country and see how it goes. Each member would be expected to mail out the box within a few days of receiving it. I would add my name at the end of the list and take any left over goodies and donate them to our local fire department for their toy drive.
Anyone interested?
(Mods, if this is not appropriate, please feel free to delete)

delta_leader
11-16-2008, 04:16 PM
i'm in. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif delta leader aka joseph michaels owner of jhm inc. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sketchman
11-17-2008, 10:20 PM
no one else interested?

Majorspud
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Sure... I'm in!

MandoExecutioner
11-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm in,this sounds like a great idea

delta_leader
11-18-2008, 12:05 AM
here is another great idea,for each of us that gets the box next we make sure that we get tracking info for it so, we always know where it is and that way we know it won't be lost.

Sketchman
11-18-2008, 12:08 AM
I was thinking that would be a good idea

jediburrick
11-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Good idea in theory, but be aware that the person at the end of the line will have to pay a higher shipping cost than those before him and so on. In short : the more you'll add items, the more you'll have to pay in shipping. Hence the need to think of a way to make shipping costs equivalent for every donator.

Just my $0.02

Mofo_Jones
11-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Ok, it's a good idea in theory, but how do you prevent everybody dumping their unwanted stuff on the final recipient of the box? Who's going to want to army-build Nemoidian warriors or monkey face Leia?

Sketchman
11-18-2008, 07:01 AM
both points are vaild...
I guess I was assuming each person would take something and add something and therefore the box weight would stay farily constant
I guess I also thought that each person would take one or two items and leave one or two...
hmmm