PDA

View Full Version : G1 Transformers

Creeping_Fear
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Question to any TF fans concerning the G1s only.

Can someone list here or provide a link where I can find an official source to know who survived/or were killed in TF the Movie from 1986? And who else was destroyed G1 wise in Season 3?

thanks for any answers http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

K.

GNT
10-15-2008, 01:50 AM
I'll move this to the Transformers section of the forum.

Decepticon
10-15-2008, 07:50 PM
The only definitive source is the movie itself. Many people love to speculate on the fates of characters who were never killed off on-screen but that we never saw again in Season 3.

For example, my main man Shockwave is PRESUMED dead when Unicron attacks Cybertron but we NEVER actually see him die. I like to assume he survived and is still plotting a scheme to conquer the universe somewhere...

As far as characters we see die/remade on screen, I'll get the ball rolling:

Autobots:
Optimus Prime
Brawn
Ratchet
Iron Hide
Prowl
Wheeljack

Decepticons:
Megatron
Insecticons
Starscream
Skywarp
Thundercracker

Anyone else I've forgotten???

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
We also see Windcharger lying next to Wheeljack when one of them is set down by Arcee.

Deak_Starkiller
10-16-2008, 04:20 AM
Here are some notes posted on IMDB pertaining to death in TF:TM '86 -

The movie kills off many of the original characters: Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl, Brawn, Wheeljack, Windcharger, Megatron, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Shrapnel, Kickback and Bombshell are all casualties, and it is learned in the third season that Huffer also died at some point off-camera during the movie.

Two other characters were scripted to die in the film as well, but the scenes were not animated. During the attack on Autobot City by Devastator, Ultra Magnus attacks, accompanied by Sideswipe, Tracks and Red Alert, and Red Alert is killed by a cannon blast. Also, towards the end of the movie when Shockwave is frantically calling for the Decepticons to engage Unicron, Unicron's hand was supposed to have been seen crushing Shockwave's citadel. The way the movie was released, after Shockwave calls "Scramble!", Unicron's hand comes down and smashes a good part of the planet's surface, and Shockwave is never seen again.

BTW, Huffer's mention is from the episode "Dark Awakening". It might have been a 'mistake' in actual reference to Brawn, but as it stands, it may assume Huffer is yet another casualty as he is no longer seen in any of the post-TF:TM cartoon episodes. Also, some of the Decepticon seekers are swallowed by Unicron during the attack on Cybertron. They coincidently bear the appearances of Dirge and Ramjet. Since the two appear in the post-TF:TM cartoon episodes, these could be passed off as yet unnamed seekers.

iambob13
10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd say that if you didn't see it, it didn't happen. Also, characters would just randomly show up (one of the constructicons and insecticons on the planet junk) when they aren't supposed to be there. That part makes it confusing.

A recent example of my first sentence is the scene of Shaak Ti being killed in SW:EpIII. It was cut so it didn't happen. She's even now canonized in the Force Unleashed.

That being said, Red Alert and Shockwave could still be considered very much alive in the G1 universe.

ThorOakenfelder
10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
I forget where it was, but I saw a list of post death appearances of some of the autobots and decepticons. This is because the animators of the cartoon were not the same as the animators of the movie, and work on Season 3 of the cartoon was started before the movie was completed or aired.

I recall that they said that both Brawn and Windcharger made appearances after their deaths.

acave
10-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Wheeljack and Hound also were in the Victory Series for a few minutes.

Deak_Starkiller
10-16-2008, 10:29 PM
I'd say that if you didn't see it, it didn't happen. Also, characters would just randomly show up (one of the constructicons and insecticons on the planet junk) when they aren't supposed to be there. That part makes it confusing.

Shrapnel and Scavenger do show up on Junkion. One could assert that it was an insecticon clone. (I know, that's a quirky rationale). Anyway as for Scavenger, he wasn't just a random insert as he did speak a line in the film, 'human germ' and it is assumed Galvatron brought along his starship carrying other Decepticons to rid of Magnus and company. It is strange nonetheless to see spontaneous appearances of these characters.

macross7
10-17-2008, 07:34 AM
The way the movie was released, after Shockwave calls "Scramble!", Unicron's hand comes down and smashes a good part of the planet's surface, and Shockwave is never seen again.

Shockwave is seen on Charr in Five Faces of Darkness, the miniseries right after the movie.

GNT
10-18-2008, 07:14 AM
One could assert that it was an insecticon clone. (I know, that's a quirky rationale).

Wasn't there an episode where there was like 20 insecticons in like a wheat field?

Kinki_Jedi
10-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Wheeljack and Hound also were in the Victory Series for a few minutes.

But remember, Japanese continuity is different. The movie doesn't occur until after those series.

And in Dark Awakening, we see crypts for Autobots who died in the movie. Curiously Brawn isn't listed, but Huffer is.

No-one likes Huffer.

Decepticon
10-18-2008, 06:12 PM
No-one likes Huffer.

I like him. When he carried Prime's trailer in the cartoon after Prime was wounded, he always had a special place in my heart.

Deak_Starkiller
10-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Plus he got the other Autobots to follow Spike to battle the Decepticons outside the Ark when Prime's laser core was damaged by Laserbeak. Yeah, he maybe a pessimist but he's loyal to the cause. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bikerscout
10-20-2008, 03:48 AM
huffer was a good dude. I'll back him up

ThorOakenfelder
10-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I never cared for Huffer. or Brawn for that matter.

bikerscout
10-20-2008, 07:59 PM
well i think Mirage and Perceptor were more on the conscientious objector side too - but people still liked em. Not everyone likes every TF though.

Deak_Starkiller
10-21-2008, 02:09 AM
One could assert that it was an insecticon clone. (I know, that's a quirky rationale).

Wasn't there an episode where there was like 20 insecticons in like a wheat field?

There are 2 episodes I know involving Insecticons and wheatfield..."A Plaque Of Insecticons" (intro Insecticon episode) and "Quest For Survival" (Season 3), although there are episodes besides these involving Insecticon clones, but as for TF:The Movie it would be kinda strange having just the clones left with the hosts being killed/converted by Unicron since it's my belief they're thought-dependent clones.

Strikefoil
10-25-2008, 11:29 AM
If I remember correctly Bluestreak died too. They show Hound and Sunstreaker but then after that nothing. I think they show Grapple or Inferno really quick. Nothing about Cliffjumper after the movie either.