PDA

View Full Version : Universe Galvatron is a TRIPLE-CHANGER?!

PreventerMkII
10-14-2008, 11:43 AM
If you haven't been digging around various forums for the new Transformers Q&A sessions, you might have missed this little easter egg:

5. Universe Classics Galvatron shows obvious signs that he was intended to have a third form. Was this third form completed and can we have official instructions on how to make it?

Answer: Initially, Takara had engineered Galvatron to be a triple changer (the third mode being a tank/walker vehicle) but that's not what Galvatron is. To me, he's a really large cool cannon. So I opted to drop the third mode and really concentrate on the two modes he has currently. Because the pieces were already engineered, Takara kept them in the toy. We do not call out his third mode but Takara might if they choose to in their release of Galvatron. My first sketches of Galvatron's alt mode were of a large cannon that took a lot of design ques from the G1 movie but had treds. A stationary cannon just isn't as fun to play with compared to something that can move and shoot.

That would explain the unecessary complexity of his transformation. I say one of the next Q&A questions be used to see an actual picture of this 3rd mode. The ship has sailed to have U.S. instructions, but I'm sure a whole community of fans can figure out how to get the figure to match a picture without them.

boff123
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
i saw some online but i am not sure if they are the real transformation or not. its bascially a take on the tank mode were you open the front treads up so it looks more like a wwII mortar launcher. i saw it on tformers.

PreventerMkII
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I've seen one or two fan attempts at what they think is the third mode. Really though, we won't know what it officially is supposed to look like unless Takara decides to include the steps for that mode, or if one of the Q&A reps decides to send a picture of the correct end product or confirm one of the fan attempts is the right one.

It's a lot like Cybertron Optimus Prime. They didn't like the artillery mode the trailer section could become, so they left it out while Takara showed it off on their own sites.

Decepticon
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
This figure stinks no matter how many modes it has. His G1 cartoon cannon mode, however, was AWESOME! Still waiting for a definitive Galvatron. Maybe in the Masterpiece line ...

Deak_Starkiller
10-15-2008, 01:23 AM
The G1 Galvatron was a triple-changer as well...laser pistol mode (a radical looking one, but still another mode nonetheless). Hasbro in any event should have given us at least an Ultra, if not Leader/Supreme class Galvatron with cannon and pistol transformation.

MechaBigfoot
10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
The G1 Galvatron was a triple-changer as well...laser pistol mode (a radical looking one, but still another mode nonetheless). Hasbro in any event should have given us at least an Ultra, if not Leader/Supreme class Galvatron with cannon and pistol transformation.

In another Q&A, they said he was moved to Deluxe Class because of all the tank like vehicles in the other classes in the line (Onslaught and Drop SHot respctivly). http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Deak_Starkiller
10-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Then, Galvatron should NOT have been a tank. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Decepticon
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Perhaps if G1 Galvatron wasn't a triple-changer, his tank mode would have been more toon accurate. I own the takara purple reissue from a few years ago, but he's far from great.