PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Store?

darthdave1981
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
I read over at Yodasnews.com in their ebay spotlight that someone from Franklin, WI is selling there entire sw store for $20,000.

Did I miss something? Does anyone else know who this is? Is it someone from the boards here?

kenbenobi
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Sounds like the guy with the store by Southridge Best Buy. The store is in Greenfield, but he could live in Franklin. He just closed the store a few weeks ago.
EDIT: After looking at the pictures, I was right. Most of his stuff is sun faded. He was rude and overpriced. I hope it doesn't sell, and I doubt it will...

darthdave1981
10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
I was going to say, I never saw something like his store when I lived in Waukesha. I dated a girl from Greenfield. I went to Carroll for a year and got over tapped financially so I came back to La Crosse. That is my life story.

Anyway, glad to hear I didn't miss much. The pictures look like the stuff is sun faded and such as he didn't store it properly. Oh well, at $20,000 I don't think anyone will buy the crap. Maybe if he pieced it out, but doubtfull even then.

kenbenobi
10-14-2008, 05:32 PM
He had the store for years, and in a decent location. But I don't know anyone that actually bought stuff from him (I think one person on the forums bought some loose vintage from him once). I can't believe he stayed in business as long as he did...

Tom_Wesell
10-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Yup. That is Mikes store next to Best Buy on 76th St. and Layton. I didn't know he was closing it. I never buy anything when we go to browse anyway. His stuff is not affordable at all.

kenbenobi
10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Yup. That is Mikes store next to Best Buy on 76th St. and Layton. I didn't know he was closing it. I never buy anything when we go to browse anyway. His stuff is not affordable at all.

It's closed already. Somebody told me about it last weekend. Bosski I think... I won't shed a tear...

Tom_Wesell
10-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Don`t shed a tear for me
My life won`t end without you
Long as the night will be
The sun will rise without you

JTKenobi
10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Don`t shed a tear for me
My life won`t end without you
Long as the night will be
The sun will rise without you

Such a poet you are. I say we make you the official new CHG bard.

JTKenobi
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, so when this guy can't sell his stuff on Ebay, perhaps he'll be a source of bargains at Burnham Bowl. Never really talked with the guy so I don't know about him, but I did get to know his daughter by coincidence. She was nice enough.

Tom_Wesell
10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I am a level 4 Bard with 4 armor class, 48 hit points, 9 strengh, 10 intelligence, 8 wisdom, 11 dexterity, 8 charisma, and 12 constitution.

kenbenobi
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I am a level 4 Bard with 4 armor class, 48 hit points, 9 strengh, 10 intelligence, 8 wisdom, 11 dexterity, 8 charisma, and 12 constitution.

My Bard would kick your *****. He's Level 10 with 66 hit points, 12 strength, 12 intelligence, 12 wisdom, 12 dexterity, 1 charisma, and 12 constitution. Yeah, he's ugly as sin...
He wrote this poem:
Rose are red
violets are blue
D & D sucks
And so do you

Pimpimus_Prime
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
He wrote this poem:
Rose are red
violets are blue
D & D sucks
And so do you

lol!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Val_Da_Carr
10-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I remember the Slave leia and Padme Unleashed were hard to find but he had them for $49 each.

kenbenobi
10-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I remember the Slave leia and Padme Unleashed were hard to find but he had them for $49 each.

Surely one of his better "bargains." He probably sold the common ones for $49, too...

Drizzit
10-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Look at it this way... he was overpriced and eventually he went out of business. He got what he deserved, it just took a few years.

Bosski
10-17-2008, 08:55 AM
It's a tough time to be a toy dealer. Cosmic Collectibles had to shut their doors as well, but he still sells on eBay. There are 2 brothers who are after him for a figure they were promised.

ShyTown
10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Look at it this way... he was overpriced and eventually he went out of business. He got what he deserved, it just took a few years.

Totally, that store blew. He was a kinda jerky....I went in a few times over the years and always felt like I was taking up his time....as if my being in his store was interrupting his day of no showers, no dusting, and no patience.

He was really overpriced, and rude. The one time I bought something there, he slipped a little "jesus" pamphlet into my bag that equated the dark side to a life without jesus. I went back in and told him I was cool with whatever beliefs he may have, but found it kind of rude to slip something into my bag instead of talk to me face to face about it. Then he asked if I have a "personal relationship with jesus".....I just kind of looked at him, and said matter of factly, "I have an invisible friend too, he lives inside my head and never shuts the f up, sometimes he brings friends."

So, whatever. I'm not bashing on christianity, nor supporting it. It just bugs me that whenever someone seems to be a huge a-hole, they usually have a jesus excuse to back up their life of a-holeness.....anyways...store sucked, everything was dusty, faded by the sun, and overpriced.

jabbabon
10-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I for one enjoyed this store and stores like it. This was once upon a time the only way to "shop" for Star Wars toys and often would make for a far more enjoyable afternoon of hunting than hitting up the department stores and dealing with there stupid collector policies and arrogant attitudes towards the grown men that collect toys. I for one enjoy haggling with these "dealers"/"scalpers" whatever you call them. It adds to the story and adventure of the hunt. Sometimes these men act as if they have "Gold" but by the end of the day or summer (depending how long your willing to haggle) they may eventually see it for what it is (a toy) if someone else hasn't come along and bought it for more than you wished to. These shops were like little museums from our childhoods and most if not all have gone extinct- due to the likes of ebay. And on a side note- that man was always very polite to me and willing to strike a deal to make a sale. So his business card had a plug for Jesus- that's cool, who are we to judge. I was just happy to have others out there hunting for me- yeah I had to pay a finders fee, but that's only fair. It's just not the same typing it into a computer and setting a limit. I wanna see it, touch it, haggle. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Rant over

Tom_Wesell
10-27-2008, 09:43 AM
When we would leave the store, he would say "I hope you buy something next time." We would laugh.

kenbenobi
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
When we would leave the store, he would say "I hope you buy something next time." We would laugh.

YUP! And I never saw him haggle. I witnessed him turn down many GOOD offers from people. He wouldn't even counter offer. He always said his price was set... So I guess it depended on the mood he was in, or what the item was, but I never saw him haggle...

jabbabon
10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow, were talking by the store next to best buy right? Oh well

Tom_Wesell
10-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Yup

Wow, were talking by the store next to best buy right? Oh well