PDA

View Full Version : FS: DISTURBANCE AT LARS LOOSE FIGURE VARIANTS

palps45895
09-19-2008, 11:18 AM
For Sale or trade (loose) if anyone wants them, the following from this Disturbing scene pack:

Womp Rat 22.00
Beru (slight diff deco) 5.00
Owen (slight diff deco) 5.00
Sandtrooper (new, darker paint deco) 8.00

...for any loose figure collectors out there who don't want the housing unit. I tried to value these based on desirability, rerelease, paint variants, etc. to the set as a whole, with the homestead being roughly 14.00. As this set cost 54 here with tax, that equates to the whole.

CaptainSparrow
09-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Your claiming that the PVC non-articulated Rat is worth 22.00 dollars, I think your smoking something, I was interested when I came in here, I aint now, Hasbro stated that the majority of the money went on the Homestead, not the Rat.

Galen_Marek
09-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Your claiming that the PVC non-articulated Rat is worth 22.00 dollars, I think your smoking something, I was interested when I came in here, I aint now, Hasbro stated that the majority of the money went on the Homestead, not the Rat.

Hell, I'd agree with him. The three figures are worth $10 tops, total. The packaging, $5, and I'm not paying $18 for the homestead. I think the whole thing is overpriced, but he certainly is not scalping or smoking anything.

CaptainSparrow
09-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow so you would pay 22.00 dollars for a PVC Rat, is this what your saying Galen.

Galen_Marek
09-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow so you would pay 22.00 dollars for a PVC Rat, is this what your saying Galen.

No, I said that whole set was overpriced. The three repackagaed figures are worth about $10 to me, the packaging is nice, so it's $5, and the homestead is only worth $15 to me. I'm saying that rat is NOT worth $22 to me, which is why I left the set on the shelf when I found it.

Grak
09-19-2008, 05:55 PM

No, I said that whole set was overpriced. The three repackagaed figures are worth about $10 to me, the packaging is nice, so it's $5, and the homestead is only worth $15 to me. I'm saying that rat is NOT worth $22 to me, which is why I left the set on the shelf when I found it.

I think you are missing Captain's point entirely...

Galen_Marek
09-19-2008, 07:01 PM

I think you are missing Captain's point entirely...

Okay, let me rephrase. I'm sure there are people here, myself included, who will agree that the Womp Rat is worth about 40% of the whole pack, the homestead 40%, and the rest 20%.

tk421_1_2
09-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Scalper at it again.

Yodacappy
09-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Okay, let me rephrase. I'm sure there are people here, myself included, who will agree that the Womp Rat is worth about 40% of the whole pack, the homestead 40%, and the rest 20%.

That's still a $20 rat by your percentages. No dice.

I think it would be a much better breakdown to say:

Beru $6
Owen $6
Sandtrooper $7
Rat $5
Homestead $30

That's just my opinion though.

Galen_Marek
09-19-2008, 08:04 PM

That's still a $20 rat by your percentages. No dice.

I think it would be a much better breakdown to say:

Beru $6
Owen $6
Sandtrooper $7
Rat $5
Homestead $30

That's just my opinion though.

That's your opinion. $30 for the homestead is crazy, as is $6-7 a figure for the repacks (they are potf repacks, right?). I also think $20 for the rat is outrageous, but he's not scalping. If people are not willing to pay for it, they won't buy it. It's not that uncommon of a set, and you can buy it online at TRU.com I guarentee there are people who only want the rat. But, anyways, I'm tired of defending this guy. I don't know what his past is, but he's been being accused of scalping a lot, but I have not seen thatt.

Yodacappy
09-20-2008, 06:19 AM
That's your opinion. $30 for the homestead is crazy, as is $6-7 a figure for the repacks (they are potf repacks, right?). I also think $20 for the rat is outrageous, but he's not scalping. If people are not willing to pay for it, they won't buy it. It's not that uncommon of a set, and you can buy it online at TRU.com I guarentee there are people who only want the rat. But, anyways, I'm tired of defending this guy. I don't know what his past is, but he's been being accused of scalping a lot, but I have not seen thatt.

I think the price for the set itself at retail is crazy but because that's what was charged, you have to break it down somehow. I wouldn't want to pay that much for the figures or the homestead separately either. It's a set that just isn't a good one to break down individually but I think the distribution is weighted more accurately than a $20 rat, that's the only point I'm making.

I wouldn't call this person a scalper simply because I've seen some of the other offerings and they were fair.

CaptainSparrow
09-20-2008, 07:58 AM
And by the way just for the record I never called him a scalper, before people start accusing me of that, what I am saying is his prices are completely off.

I am hopeful he will look at this again and re-adjust the price point, if it was me I would suck it up and place the Homestead as the Dearest thing in the Pack, Hasbro has even told us this is what we were paying for not the figures that came with it, so 30.00 dollars for the Homestead sounds about right, actually I would say 35.00 dollars (yes I know this could be made for 10.00 dollars, but Hasbro claims this was the most exspensive part), which leaves 25.00 dollars to be spread among the 4 figures - Which more realistically comes out as 6.25 a figure, more or less what you are paying for a figure from Walmart (yes I know Walmart is charging 6.99 per figure).

palps45895
09-20-2008, 09:29 AM
It's funny, I had put a whole addendum on this post originally, to explain my pricing ideas, etc. but then I decided to take it back off and not post it... guess I should have left it on... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, I agree the whole set is overpriced... I put 22 on the womprat because:

(1) it's the only desirable figure in the set;

(2) it's the only figure reason to buy the set - and there are a LOT of loose figure collector's out there, far more than carded collectors, IMO;

(3) the hut is worth 15 tops, and the other figures 8, 5 and 5 tops leaves 22 left to get to retail - in my opinion, I wouldn't even give more than 2 each for the repack figures myself, so I think 8 5 5 was generous; and...

(4) it's the only reason people would even want this set, unless they also want the homestead. If they want both, they obviously are already buying the whole thing or waiting for clearance anyway, as a wise one would do.

Therefore, it must be valued at 22. Now, I'm not saying it IS worth 22, but if all someone wants is the womprat, 22 is a lot better than 54. Honestly, at 5 everyone here would buy as many womprats as they could get their hands on: as the only new figure in the set it is obviously far more valuable than the other figures or even the hut itself.

I'd be willing to bet good cash, that there are at least 20 times more people who want JUST that Womprat, than JUST want the homestead.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it is NOT a scalper price from me. The whole set to begin with is scalper-priced AT RETAIL... therein lies the problem. The 5, 5, 8, 14, and 22 values must be to reach retail.

Yes, we can argue about whether the hut is more valuable than the rat. But the fact that there are so many more people who collect and want just the figures themselves, seems to lend value more so to the rat. I've always considered beasts and creatures as part of the figure-line, as do most other loose figure collectors, I think.

I'll bet that there are a huge number of collectors out there, right now, that are royally ticked that Hasbro is forcing them to buy this set to get just the rat, right now.

I agree it's all way overpriced. But if you don't get 22 for the rat, you'll be lucky to get 5 5 and 8 for the others, and the hut isn't worth more than 15, so...

anyway, my point is made. I just wanted to point out it's not scalper priced (at my fault, anyway).

I was just trying to help any loose figure collectors out who might want some of this, because all I wanted was the hut.

And, honestly, if I can't find someone(s) to split this up with, I'm returning it, because I'm not paying that much for the set, either... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CaptainSparrow
09-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Then if I was you, I would take the thing back and get your money back.

palps45895
09-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Just giving it a try. Although I've got offers on the other figures, I'm a little shocked no one has offered 22, yet, on the Womp Rat. It's funny, we paying 21 to get a Senate Security Clone shipped to us from SWS, or 33 for a Transparent R2-D2 figure, but 22 for the Womp Rat is too much...

CaptainSparrow
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Well yes seeing it doesnt even have any articulation, please correct me if I am wrong, the other figures are also exclusive as well, this one isnt.

Its like someone trying to charge 22.00 dollars for the pack-in accessory of the Vaparator.

Kneel_Before_Zod
09-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm a little shocked no one has offered 22, yet, on the Womp Rat.

You shouldn't be. $10 is about the absolute most you could possibly, reasonably, expect for that thing. Whatever your opinions on the hut are, it is the main draw of that set, and everyone agrees that the whole set is overpriced.

"(1) it's the only desirable figure in the set; "

I get your little breakdown that follows this sentence, but if your first piece of rationale is this, and then you ask $22, you're essentially trying to scalp it.

Since you're arbitrarily deciding what the hut is worth to you ($15) you get to leave however much value you want on that Womp Rat.

A much more reasonable breakdown would be like this:

Beru $7
Lars $7
Sandtrooper $7
Moisture Vaporator - $4
Womp Rat - $5
Hut - $20

Good luck though.

palps45895
09-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, I'll gladly buy your Womp Rats for $5. PM me all you have and I will take as many as possible at the price. I wouldn't mind having a small army of them at that price...

but I digress, I dare someone here offer to sell their Womp Rat for $5. I don't think anyone will because it is worth more than that to them... and it will cost far more than that to replace... but, like I said, go ahead if you feel it's such a "fair" price.

And now your saying Beru and Owen repacks are worth more than the original womp rat... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ?

Owen and Beru aren't worth squat. I wouldn't even put the money in to have them shipped to me for free (unless, of course, I was a die-hard variant collector). In honesty it should really be more like 30 womp rat, 20 hut, 4 the rest.

"Womprat 5..." that reminds me of how Tomart used to underprice the stuff he wanted for himself in his old price guides...

Oh, and as to exclusive... this IS AN EXCLUSIVE... ... ... ??? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, there's no point arguing about it. I'm being very lighthearted about this as I type, so don't take it the wrong way http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really do feel the womp rat is the main value here. If we look back a couple years from now, and they never re-release this particular version/paint job of the womp rat again, I don't doubt the little booger will be booking for $30-40+.

I've been in this hobby for 31 years. And that little creature, I will tell you, is the only thing in this box worth anything. All the modern playsets are worthless. Even most of the vintage ones barely hold their value loose.

And, not a single one of these has been listed loose on eBay, despite the ready availability of the set for a couple weeks now... that in and of itself says something.

Anyway, PM if interested in it, cause if it goes, it may be the last loose one you see.

Galen_Marek
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Can you guys stop arguing about this and let him sell his stuff.

Rob, I would have expected better of you. Scalping is not the same as overpricing an item. Scalping would be if he listed the Hut for $40 and the rat for $30, together. Scalping means he buys the set and resells (in part or as a whole) for a profit, taking the item out of distribution for other collectors. He is not doing that.

And Palps, I'm still waiting for the shipping quote on the McDonald's display items.

Kneel_Before_Zod
09-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, I'll gladly buy your Womp Rats for $5. PM me all you have and I will take as many as possible at the price. I wouldn't mind having a small army of them at that price...

but I digress, I dare someone here offer to sell their Womp Rat for $5. I don't think anyone will because it is worth more than that to them... and it will cost far more than that to replace... but, like I said, go ahead if you feel it's such a "fair" price.

I've sold a few hundred items in this forum over the last few months, no figure for more than $6 and no deluxe pack or exclusive for more than $10 If I had that Womp Rat to sell, there's no way I could make a case that it worth more than any average regular old basic figure off the shelf, without looking like I was trying to make a profit on it.

And now your saying Beru and Owen repacks are worth more than the original womp rat... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ?

Owen and Beru aren't worth squat. I wouldn't even put the money in to have them shipped to me for free (unless, of course, I was a die-hard variant collector). In honesty it should really be more like 30 womp rat, 20 hut, 4 the rest.

Yeah, but it's only about 'worth' up to a point - it's about what it cost at retail. If Beru was on a card, we'd be paying $7 or $8 for her. Same deal for Owen. I'm just saying if Hasbro was selling all these things individually, th breakdown I put up is much more like what you'd see the prices be.

I don't really care, and I'll leave it alone at this, but the notion that you should be allowed to sell that Womp Rat for $22 in a forum where they have a big collect-to-collect thing going on isn't right. Then again, that's never really been enforced at this site like it is elsewhere, just look at the entire Gentle Giant classifieds where secondary market value reigns over retail value, or the whole thing would fall apart.

It doesn't make much difference to me really, if you get that much for it, congrats. I'll step aside now, I'm really not trying to get into any kind of argument over it or trash your for-sale thread... because it's not that big a deal and yeah the word scalping is probably too harsh, but it does stand out as being about 3 times too much for that little thing.

CaptainSparrow
09-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Palps this isnt an exclusive as in the same way as the other figures you mentioned, this is an exclusive to a store theres lots of stores called Toys R' Us who are selling these Packs, or not as the case maybe.

I wish you luck in selling these figures, but I dont think you have a hope in hells chance of moving that Womp Rat, unless you sell it to some idiot with more money than sense.

Galen_Marek
09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
pm sent on Womp Rat

ratm
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
pm sent on Womp Rat

Hilarious!

Galen_Marek
09-23-2008, 10:50 AM
pm sent on Womp Rat

Hilarious!

I'm not about to spend $33 for a plastic hut an a couple of repacks.

Ratm, you want to beat his price? If so, I'll buy it from you.