PDA

View Full Version : Local Stores with Vintage Star Wars

Jazrael
09-03-2008, 07:14 PM
So does anyone know of any local stores that have a fair amount of vintage star wars items? I know of the Toy Stable in Puyallap but I am looking for something further north.

Thanks!

JoshEEE
09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Golden Age in the Pike Place Market always seemed to have them (extremely overpriced though).

MaxWedge
09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Cue Lord Bobster and the Golden Gouge quote.... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Criz_Bee
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
So does anyone know of any local stores that have a fair amount of vintage star wars items? I know of the Toy Stable in Puyallap but I am looking for something further north.

Thanks!

I don't think there is anything. I every now and then head all the way down from Lynnwood to the Toy Stable ...

Jazrael
09-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah I've been to the golden age before too. The prices there make me very very sad.

Diablo20
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Does anybody know if Gasoline Alley is still around? They had a ton of stuff but it was overpriced way back when. I can only imagine what they charge now.

Lord_Bobster
09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Ahhhh....I have been summoned from beyond by MaxWedge by the invocation of my "Golden Gouge" slam!

BEHOLD! I come forth from my vacation to...blah, blah, blah. I don't have the energy to go on with this one.

MaxWedge does have one thing right. I do believe that Golden Gouge is probably the worst place in the Seattle area to purchase Vintage Star Wars stuff. The best example that I can think of is seeing a C3 (at best) Blue Snaggletooth there for sale at-get this- $225 BUCKS!!! I have a C7.5-C8 Blue Snaggletooth that I picked up in Minnesota for $80 bucks. My rule of thumb is if it looks like a rip off, it is.

In the aviation business, we would call this BOHICA, which means Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

Now for some good places in town to pick this stuff up. I would suggest the following:

Comics Dungeon-Up on 45th in the U-District on the west side of I-5. Reasonable prices and they used to have a very good selection.

Action City Comics-Federal Way, in the strip mall north of The Commons of Federal Way. Us old f@rts used to call it Sea-Tac Mall. BTW...you know that anti-cruising ordinance that's in place there, part of that was me. A word to the wise. Don't try to catch a hi-po Dodge Challenger with a Rent-a-Cop Ford Ranger. Doesn't work.

Then there's the local scummers, such as myself, who are trying to off load some of the booty they have accumulated over the years. I have some vintage and modern stuff to get rid of. Send me a PM and I'll see if I can help. Will go fair price on the vintage, but the modern stuff, name a price. I'm easy.

Now the old long shot is the local Garage Sale. I have discovered that this only works if the people who are doing the sale are moving and in their 60's. This is usually the only demographic that will still have the toys that their kids had. It kills me to write this. Makes me feel old.

Well, there you have it. Good luck and have fun!!!

Lord Bobster-Benevolent master of Renton!!!

Tom_B
09-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Action City sells vintage? Hmmm....you sure?

I can't speak badly of Toy Stable for Vintage. Frankly I think it's the best local place for vintage. And we get treated to a dachshund dog show every time we go! Now what's not to like about that?

Jason73
09-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Does anybody know what ever became of Comic Book Cafe in Lynwood? They had vintage figures. I heard the guy who owned it was going to open another store some place else but I never found out if he did.

Lord_Bobster
09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Action City sells vintage? Hmmm....you sure?

Actually, I'm not. I haven't been there in at least four years. When I was hot and heavy into the hunt, I think he had a few vintage figs that came his way. But this could very well be the onset of my CRS (Can't Remember S***!) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, if you want to shop on-line, I highly recommend going to The Earth Collectible Toy Mall. Excellent service and nice people. Plus they are based in the city where it all began-Cincinnati.

http://www.theearthtoymall.com/index.html

Criz_Bee
09-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Does anybody know what ever became of Comic Book Cafe in Lynwood? They had vintage figures. I heard the guy who owned it was going to open another store some place else but I never found out if he did.

I've heard they went out of business. The thing that sucked about those guys was that they would go to Target in the morning, buy the new stuff, and sell it in their store literally the same day for twice as much. I wouldn't be surprised if you see them again at the Emerald City Comic con or one of the local toy shows ...

Deathbymonkeys
09-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Actually I ran into him at the midnight launch in San Deigo and he said they couldn't afford the rent on the place (It was like $4000 a month) and they were going to move but they made to much off ebay and shows and he didn't want to open another store.

MaxWedge
09-05-2008, 02:35 PM
I see that guy every once in awhile at Target at opening loading up on HTF figures. I suspected he was eBaying them, guess this confirms it. Great! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jazrael
09-06-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't think action city has any vintage figures. Though it has been over a year since I went in there. Though I did find some at the Sea Tac mall before they turned it into the commons, at some odd antique store in the old mall.

Lord_Bobster
09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
You know, my CRS went into submission and I do remember that Action City did have vintage stuff because I bought a Twin Pod Cloud Car Pilot there. Like I said, it was years ago. In fact, the owner (his name escapes me right now) even told me that once he got rid of those he wasn't going to deal with them again.

So there ya go! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Diablo20
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I guess Gasoline Alley is still around.

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/

The owner must like the stuff he has for sale because at those prices, he'll be keeping it a while.

Dr_Zoltar
09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I've heard they went out of business. The thing that sucked about those guys was that they would go to Target in the morning, buy the new stuff, and sell it in their store literally the same day for twice as much.

Sounds like Toy Stable with the new stuff as well. Except they hit up the Roy Wal-Mart and K-Mart. However, their vintage stuff is decent. Pricing is always moderate to high price guide though.

mrbyz
12-04-2008, 07:22 PM
There's a little place in Totem Lake (Kirkland) that I started going to, to sell off some older non- SW toys. I always knew he had plenty of POTF2 and beyond stuff (and some great prices, especially on 12"), but I asked him today about vintage. He said he has quite a bit of vintage, but doesn't always show it in the shop. Anyway, the place is called Amazing Heroes. It's owned by Tysan James. It is located at 11251 120th Ave NE Ste 142, Kirkland, WA 98033. Store # is 425-605-2600. It is basically up the street from the Fred Meyer on 120th, just a bit past 116th. He is usally open only 12-6 on weekdays, but is willing to come in at anytime if you call and set up a time ahead of time. He is constintally buying and selling, so he has new stuff in all the time. I picked up a couple of items for a decent price. He also carries other toys (Transformers, GIJoe, etc.) and lots of classic video games. I haven't seen much of his vintage (not something I was looking for), or his prices on such, but the other items I have bought have been for very fair prices. I think he'll do trades and such as well. Anyway, I thought some folks might want to know about a place on the Eastside.

Criz_Bee
01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too much going on in terms of vintage star wars stuff in our area (besides the Toy Stable).

Does anybody have any knowledge about stores up in Vancouver, or maybe down in Portland that carry vintage stuff?