PDA

View Full Version : FS: CLONE WARS 1st Day Issue IN HAND

BryanSimmons
07-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Post deleted because of the whiners.

epsilonjedi
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Please don't pollute these forums by scalping figures. There's no way it costs $80 for 4 figures + shipping and paypal fees. Maybe $50 but no way will it be $80. Go scalp somewhere else. These figures will be available to everyone in less than a week so quit trying to take advantage of collectors by selling the figures for more than double retail cost.

LightSword
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
DUDE! I have the same figures in mint cards with First Day of Issue stickers for $6.50 not $20.00 a pop. I do not want to hijack your post and this is not a plug for my sale. I do not force anyone to buy from me but, $80.00 for 4 figures is wayyyyy out of hand and I felt the need to voice out my opinion.

These Forums are to help each other out, not to take advantage of people on items that will be available at retail within four days.

Play nice!

Mofo_Jones
07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Besides, you've been a member here for SIX YEARS. Frankly, you should know better by now. Stop trying to f**k people over - take it to eBay, you scalper! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

delta_leader
07-23-2008, 01:01 AM
alright everyone,this is not a whose right or wrong contest,you got complaints voice them over with darth big boy or one of the other mods.but i do have to agree with the others,that is a major high price for just 4 figs that will be in the store this saturday.

maybe you should consider ebay or try a little better on your price you have set.

but that is just my opinion,right ?

now nothing to see here folks,jedi business go back to your drink or death sticks or what ever else there is and let the mods figure it out,okay ?

may the force be with you. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

epsilonjedi
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
alright everyone,this is not a whose right or wrong contest,you got complaints voice them over with darth big boy or one of the other mods.but i do have to agree with the others,that is a major high price for just 4 figs that will be in the store this saturday.

maybe you should consider ebay or try a little better on your price you have set.

but that is just my opinion,right ?

now nothing to see here folks,jedi business go back to your drink or death sticks or what ever else there is and let the mods figure it out,okay ?

may the force be with you. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nothing against the mods, but they don't seem to scout these things enough so when they don't step in, I think it's fair that fellow forum members step up and voice their complaints.

EDIT: Woohoo! He deleted his post. See it does work!

Mofo_Jones
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
"the whiners?" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

He blatantly broke the rules, and since the mods aren't patrolling this section as much as say, the Hasbro Legacy collection forum, we were right in calling him on it.

getoninja
07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
damn I rather buy them off Ebay, buy it now $45 plus $10 shipping

tomstroncek
07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
just my 2cents, I don't technically think the rules were broken as these are not officially available at retail. And I personally don't have a problem on what someone wants for their"goods" ,if it's too much...I just move on.Just my opinion. Now you guys can attack me.

Meat
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Post deleted because of the whiners.

Your asking to get flamed when you post a for sale ad for figures marked up 300%.

To the people who think it is okay to post sales like this because they arent technically at retail yet you really ought to reevaluate the spirit of the no scalping rule here on rebelscum. The idea is to help your fellow collector and not gouge them with inflated prices. Yes it is okay to sell figures for their fair market value if they have LEFT retail. But when the items will be avialable for sale at retail in 3 days this is scalping!

epsilonjedi
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
just my 2cents, I don't technically think the rules were broken as these are not officially available at retail. And I personally don't have a problem on what someone wants for their"goods" ,if it's too much...I just move on.Just my opinion. Now you guys can attack me.

Tom, there have been numerous reports of these getting released early. Whether it was "official" or not, many collectors, including myself, have been able to get these and see them in stores for some time now and you can check different threads both in this forum and others for proof. He obviously knew he was scalping because he quickly removed his post after we all caught him in the act.

tomstroncek
07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Let me be precise when I say that I DO NOT CONDONE what is going on here. I simply said that according to the rules, these are NOT yet available at retail on the normal widespread retail circuit so technically i think he gets under the radar.And while we are at it, why is it not scalping when something is no longer available at retail and we sell for a premium?? What's the difference really?? I state that my opinion is that I could care less what someone charges.If 2 people aggree on a price...so be it.I personally just sold all of wave 1 Legacy that I got at Target early, for $5.25 each. I just wanted the build a droid figures. I'm sure that I probably could have got a better deal, but here on the boards, I've receive NUMEROUS great deals from other scummers who just wanted to help out another,so I feel compelled to return the favor. My point is this..If you pay $5 for something and sell for $10 regardless if it is available at retail or not, to me that is scalping.Maybe it's time to reaccess the rules.Just my thoughts.

delta_leader
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
well said my friend.well said. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Desfiy
07-24-2008, 01:59 AM
I cant agree more, if your going to sell something be realistic about the price, help another scummer out if you can, dont go for the jugular then whine about it when people call you on it.

gilmore
07-24-2008, 02:21 AM
I cant agree more, if your going to sell something be realistic about the price, help another scummer out if you can, dont go for the jugular then whine about it when people call you on it.

another well said comment. I definitely didn't want to dive into this one, but couldn't help but mention that Desfiy's above comment echoes my own sentiments. Well, looks like this is an open & closed case now. Moving on.... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BrettX209
07-24-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm honestly surprised and a little saddened that this came from someone who has been on the boards for over 6 years. And i'll be honest, when I saw this post last night, I sent a PM to the mod. I hate to discuss this kind of thing in this thread, but there never seems to be an "appropriate" thread. I don't think the answer is to revisit the rules, because I think the rule is a good one. As I've said before in other threads, I'd hate to see the classifieds on this board turn into something like the joe boards (hisstank, yojoe, etc) where collectors routinely try to gouge one another on new temporarily-hard-to-find figures. And then there was the panic when people thought hasbro ran out of the mail-away Doc figures. Lots of people suddenly looking to get a bunch of cash for their extra Docs, and even more sad was the number of people saying how they were going to head to eBay to sell their extra POPs, because "better someone else get stuck with them than me". Again, sorry, and I would imagine this is probably the wrong thread to be discussing this in. If there is an appropriate thread for this topic, please feel free to direct me to it. And if there isn't, then their ought to be, because I think for the most part we all have at least some small stake in how the classifieds here are run.

BryanSimmons
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM

Tom, there have been numerous reports of these getting released early. Whether it was "official" or not, many collectors, including myself, have been able to get these and see them in stores for some time now and you can check different threads both in this forum and others for proof. He obviously knew he was scalping because he quickly removed his post after we all caught him in the act.

Tom's thoughts were exactly my own. Regarding my deleting them, it has nothing to do with knowing I was "caught", sorry epsilon but that's just wasn't the case. I planned on removing the sale Friday night before "street date" so as not to break the rules. But it reminded me of why I don't like to sell here - the modern forums are loaded with people who whine and complain and want something for nothing. I didn't get a single PM from a mod telling me I was wrong or to take them down as these are generally NOT available at retail. And I didn't get a single PM from a Rebelscummer asking me to come down and work with them, which I would have, I would have come down alot, but everyone wanted to whine and complain and pile on. Why not just "move on, turn the page"?

I wish you all great luck in finding these, I really do, if they mean something to you. From the reset I saw these are in pretty small quanitites when compared to the rest. I've actually got these on ebay now for what many of you may consider more "reasonable" prices including a full set of all 16 (legends and clone wars) at about $10 per figure - I won't list the auction or my auction name so I don't break the rules - but this may be more in line with what people are expecting.

epsilonjedi
07-24-2008, 05:13 PM

Tom's thoughts were exactly my own. Regarding my deleting them, it has nothing to do with knowing I was "caught", sorry epsilon but that's just wasn't the case. I planned on removing the sale Friday night before "street date" so as not to break the rules. But it reminded me of why I don't like to sell here - the modern forums are loaded with people who whine and complain and want something for nothing. I didn't get a single PM from a mod telling me I was wrong or to take them down as these are generally NOT available at retail. And I didn't get a single PM from a Rebelscummer asking me to come down and work with them, which I would have, I would have come down alot, but everyone wanted to whine and complain and pile on. Why not just "move on, turn the page"?

I wish you all great luck in finding these, I really do, if they mean something to you. From the reset I saw these are in pretty small quanitites when compared to the rest. I've actually got these on ebay now for what many of you may consider more "reasonable" prices including a full set of all 16 (legends and clone wars) at about $10 per figure - I won't list the auction or my auction name so I don't break the rules - but this may be more in line with what people are expecting.

I'm not sure why you can't admit you were wrong. If you still believe you are fine in selling 4 Clone Wars figures for $80, why didn't you keep them up there instead of deleting them? You have every right to sell the figures for however much you want, but please, not here. This is a collecting community and what makes it different than say, ebay, is that people here try to help each other, not try to make a profit off of a not yet released item.

The reason you weren't notified by a moderator, was because they simply don't patrol here enough and if you look, not a single one has even posted in this thread either for or against you. The reason you didn't receive a PM from a fellow board member is because no one wants to waste their time with someone who wants double the price for a figure that will be released in less than a week.

Oh, and you'd be surprised--the First Day figures will be quite prominent having at least 1/3 of the shelf space.