PDA

View Full Version : WI Joe Sighting post

Pages : [1] 2

Zamps
05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I thought I'd start a seperate thread for WI G.I. Joe sightings.

So to start it off, I haven't seen jack! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Super Target has two figs on the pegs and the comic packs are overloading. Same with the West side Target. Reports are their exclusives should be hitting the clearance shelves. I have yet to see wave 7.

Pimpimus_Prime
05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
The west side Target was full of wave 7 last week. I think they still had one or two there this morning. If I remember right, the Monona Walmart had them last week too.

What are the new comic packs?

MicroDoc
05-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Marshfield is still slim pickings. Typically it takes a month to two months to even find Star Wars here. The latest wave that is out here has Wild Bill, Spirit, Another version of Snake Eyes, two versions of Duke. No vehicles in sight anywhere.

Zamps would you like me to pick up any that you have on your list that may be here? Jeff aka Facehammer can vouch for me. We collect Micronauts and customize them.
Happy Collecting
Jeffrey the MicroDoc

facehammer
05-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I can indeed vouche for the Doc!

I was able to find Wave 7 (w/wild bill etc...) in Portage a couple of weeks ago. Also ran into them again this last weekend at the West side Madison Target. (man I need like a million HISS drivers... one of my favorite all time figures...)

Anyway, with wave 8 and the new comic packs hitting, I'll be out looking again soon. I'll have to make sure to see what you guys are looking for. I've been kind of lucky with Joes so far...

Zamps
05-20-2008, 06:38 AM
The west side Target was full of wave 7 last week. I think they still had one or two there this morning. If I remember right, the Monona Walmart had them last week too.

What are the new comic packs?

And of course when I go to Target they have nothing!

Any of you guys check out these websites?

http://www.joesightings.com
http://www.hisstank.com
http://www.joebattlelines.com

facehammer
05-20-2008, 07:19 AM
I go to hisstank quite a bit, but there are quite a few 'pro scalper' guys over there that make a whole lot of noise whenever the notion of someone buying all of the newest figures just to put on ebay...

actually the rebirth of Joe is really reminding me of the rebirth of Star Wars from 95. The same attitudes are going on. Pretty funny actually. (...lack of figures is due to Hasbro and retailers not ordering enough, not because people go into stores and buy everything that they have...right...)

I still post as facehammer over there.

Keep your eyes open, it seems like wave 7 is hitting with some force at least. At least it was for that 2 week span until wave 8 hit... ugh.. I was looking forward to a small break in collecting.

Zamps
05-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Madison West Wal-Mart had Wave 3 and 4 this morning! It was about time. After 13 figs my wallet is empty! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

facehammer
05-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Cool. Glad you're caught up. I still need to find wave 4 (that's the Bludd wave right?) Were there lots there?

facehammer
05-22-2008, 08:11 AM
...and since this is the Joe posting area... Who has ordered Doc? I didn't order until a couple weeks ago. I wanted to order 2 and just ended up buying multiples of the Fred/Scarface pack to fill out the form since I know I won't be able to get to my Flag Points for a long time.

(I'm glad Hasbro is doing mail aways again. Yes they're annoying, but still kind of fun after all these years)

Zamps
05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Cool. Glad you're caught up. I still need to find wave 4 (that's the Bludd wave right?) Were there lots there?

Correct, it's the 8th wave total but the 4th wave for '08. There was only one case. The breakdown was one of each with an extra Cobra Viper packed in.

The other case breakdown was 1 Wild Bill, 1 Hiss, 1 Spirit, 1 Duke, 2 Cobra Viper and 2 SE. It looked like they put out 1.5 cases of this wave.

Zamps
05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
...and since this is the Joe posting area... Who has ordered Doc? I didn't order until a couple weeks ago. I wanted to order 2 and just ended up buying multiples of the Fred/Scarface pack to fill out the form since I know I won't be able to get to my Flag Points for a long time.

(I'm glad Hasbro is doing mail aways again. Yes they're annoying, but still kind of fun after all these years)

I haven't been collecting the comic packs so I haven't ordered a Doc. Although I would like one.... Maybe some place will start to clearance some the comic packs. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

laboratory
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM

Correct, it's the 8th wave total but the 4th wave for '08. There was only one case. The breakdown was one of each with an extra Cobra Viper packed in.

The other case breakdown was 1 Wild Bill, 1 Hiss, 1 Spirit, 1 Duke, 2 Cobra Viper and 2 SE. It looked like they put out 1.5 cases of this wave.

Down to one Viper (with a crushed blister) by 8:15.

Zamps
05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Down to one Viper (with a crushed blister) by 8:15.

Yeah the Dukes and SEs were a little beat up also.

Scarecrow
05-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Late post:

Zamps-finally responded to your PM--sorry dude! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Facehammer-also sent you a PM.

ShyTown
05-24-2008, 10:19 PM
The Wal-mart in Delavan has about 5-6 each of the wave with Wild Bill, Viper, and the HISS Driver.

And if you wanna army build cobra troops and crimson guards, the Lake Geneva Target is the place to be - at least 8 of each.

Zamps
05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Anyone know what the Target DPCI (whatever the acro is) for their exlusive vehicles? Has anyone seen these on clearance yet?

Pimpimus_Prime
05-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Anyone know what the Target DPCI (whatever the acro is) for their exlusive vehicles? Has anyone seen these on clearance yet?

Zamps
05-26-2008, 09:57 AM
You da man!

facehammer
05-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks again to Scarecrow for the pick up today! Now I just have to find the new Roadblock and MASS device CC. Those should be easier to find...

And I was tasked with finding the East side (madison) WalMart for my wife. So I checked out what they had... lots of Air Troopers for some reason, so if you are army building, head there.

ShyTown
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
The Wal-mart in Delavan has about 5-6 each of the wave with Wild Bill, Viper, and the HISS Driver.

And if you wanna army build cobra troops and crimson guards, the Lake Geneva Target is the place to be - at least 8 of each.

EDIT: Actually that should be the Lake Geneva Wal-Mart, and not the Delavan Wal-Mart....even though I'm pretty sure no one's going down there anyways, thought I'd correct myself. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

facehammer
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Had to run to Portage today. Found the remnants of Wave 8/4 or I guess I'll say "the latest wave"...

I picked up the CC that I was missing as well as a couple other figures for a buddy of mine. I did notice that the Baroness that I got last weekend didn't have the Cobra logo on her. The one that I picked up for my buddy did... (I seem to have bad luck with Baroness. My first one had 2 left hands...)

Anyway, now I just need to find that new Roadblock and I'm back to caught up (except for the new comic packs... anyone seen those around?)

facehammer
06-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok got caught up tonight. Went to Portage Walmart and scored Roadblock. Picked up a couple figures for a buddy of mine as well. Now if I could just find the new comic packs...

Oh, Scarecrow. I haven't heard from my friend if he picked up Shipwreck or not. (I'm assuming not since I haven't heard anything) But I did see that there were a couple of them at the Shopko by West Towne. Of course they are like 7.99 or something foolish like that.

JTKenobi
06-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I am not doing the new Joe's but I noticed a box on a pallet the other day. I like how small they are and how they pack them. If only the new SW toys packed like that, I would have a lot more space!

Zamps
06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
I am not doing the new Joe's but I noticed a box on a pallet the other day. I like how small they are and how they pack them. If only the new SW toys packed like that, I would have a lot more space!

They almost pack them too tight! It's hard some times to find minty fresh figs.

Zamps
06-14-2008, 03:25 PM
If you haven't already noticed, the Sideshow Snake Eyes is available for pre-order! $119.99, ouch!

ShyTown
06-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I found a cool find at the Wal-Mart in Delavan today...a Python Patrol Cobra Trooper, and a Tiger Force Flint. They looked really cool carded and brought a flood of memories from when I thought 5 bucks was a fortune...but I can't bring myself to buy these figs at full price....I love GI Joe and all, but if a figure can't even hold his gun, then it's a huge pass for me.

They also had the Snake Eyes with a black trench coat and army green pants, no idea what he's from....they also had about 6 Cobra Vipers.

If anyone is looking for the Iron Grenadiers Destro, the Wal-Mart in Whitewater has had one for about 5 weeks, it's still there, I saw it today after work, around 4pm.

Zamps
07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Has anyone seen the latest Joes, Wave 9? It looks like it's starting to hit Wal-Mart. There have been sightings in Janesville and Beloit.

facehammer
07-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Nothing yet. I was in Janesville on Saturday. Saw 2 of the new comic packs at TRU. Copperhead/Shipwreck and Duke/Red Star. I had just gotten them in the mail on Thursday.

Hopefully the new stuff will show up in force soon.

laboratory
07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
As of 1:45 Thursday, Madison TRU has several of each figure from the Wild Bill/Spirit/HISS Driver wave.

I did find the BBQ/Snow Serpent/BATS wave at a Super Walmart in the middle of Nowhere, Nebraska last week, so they should be here nowish...

facehammer
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Haven't seen anything new lately. Still looking for the latest wave. I did get the 2 Docs that I sent for. Pretty nice.
Anyone else see the latest wave? I have a feeling that as soon as I find them, the next wave will be out the next day.

NickRyder
07-15-2008, 11:28 PM
I know Chase got the wave with Spirit and Jetpack Duke, but that whole case pretty much flew out in like a day last week. I'm always shocked at how quickly the GI-Joe's sell out - although those same 2-3 Scarlett Comics Packs are still pegwarming. Wal-Mart in Franklin had a crapload of the GI-Joe Xamot Tomax packs. But I haven't seen any new single figs in weeks anywhere.

Course now the prices have jumped considerably, from what? $5.99 to $7.99? Yikes 2 bucks difference... uhm gee for a line that is totally owned by Hasbro too. I like that comment from Hasbro in the last Q&A "Just stick to the Star Wars and IJ line questions"

I normally love Hasbro stuff, but lately... they're starting to really get even more money grubbing than they used to be. Repaints/rehashes/repacks are one thing. But jacking up the prices so quickly is another. What are we gonna see in 09? 9.99 basic figures? Which is sorta moderately 'ok' in bigger lines like Marvel Legends and such, okay there's A LOT of articulation and such and big acessories, ie: more plastic. But why is a figure half the size of a ML only about a dollar less? And really you think Hasbro would almost WANT to keep the Joe line cheap, simply because its really the longest running toyline ever. I mean if you count the larger GIJOES in the 60s and going all the way through to now, its run pretty much continually for almost what? 40-50 years?

facehammer
07-16-2008, 07:32 AM
You would also think that since Joes are a house brand for hasbro, i.e. no licensing like Star Wars, that would keep the price low. I'd say it is demand that caused Hasbro to increase the price. I can't see any other reason that something that cost 4.88 last year would cost 7.99 this year... (when the cost of Star Wars has only jumped a buck)

Zamps
07-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Wal-mart still has them at $6.84, which is still too high. I have not seen the lastest wave: BBQ, BAT, etc. I did preorder a case but have not received it yet.

facehammer
07-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Oddly enough, the Kmart in Portage has Joes for 5.99. Which last year made them expensive. This year it makes them the best deal around... if you want last years figures.

I think I may be about ready to just start preordering stuff.

Did anyone not order a Doc? I have 3 left over stickers from the latest comic packs up for grabs. I won't be able to get to them until after Tues of next week when we move, but they are yours for the taking.

Jeff

Zamps
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Oddly enough, the Kmart in Portage has Joes for 5.99. Which last year made them expensive. This year it makes them the best deal around... if you want last years figures.

I think I may be about ready to just start preordering stuff.

Did anyone not order a Doc? I have 3 left over stickers from the latest comic packs up for grabs. I won't be able to get to them until after Tues of next week when we move, but they are yours for the taking.

Jeff

I did not! How many stickers do you need to mail in?

facehammer
07-16-2008, 12:46 PM
You need 6. I just got a pm from Laboratory for them, so I think they are spoken for. Although I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to keep my extra Doc. Just thought it would be fun to get some mail away stuff. If I decide to part with it I'll put you at the top of the list Zamps...

Pimpimus_Prime
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier, but the Madison west Walmart had the 12" Joes this morning.

facehammer
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah... Last weekend my buddy and I made the trek to Sun Pairie Walmart and they had the 12"ers too... Not really interested in them so I totally forgot about them.

Pimpimus_Prime
07-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't like how their shirts are molded with the body. They look weird.

Zamps
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier, but the Madison west Walmart had the 12" Joes this morning.

Madison TRU also had them this morning. They also had a bunch of the new vehicles and vehicle two packs. All of which I passed on. They also had Stone and Zartan S6 figures.

facehammer
07-17-2008, 11:44 PM
ahhhhhh crap! The vehicles finally hit and I'm in Lodi... Oh well, I scored Star Wars figures early. That is good enough for me. (for now)

facehammer
07-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Found the Vamp and the Ram/trouble bubble vehicles as well as one of the DVD sets (snake eyes stalker etc...) at the super target in Fitchburg... Just before running into Zamps...

Zamps
07-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Found the Vamp and the Ram/trouble bubble vehicles as well as one of the DVD sets (snake eyse stalker etc...) at the super target in Fitchburg... Just before running into Zamps...

Thanks again! I'll have to find time to watch the movie.

ShyTown
07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
I saw some of the new Joe/Cobra Vedhicles today...well not really new - seeing as I had some when I was a kid - but it was pretty cool seeing them all new and pristine once again. I almost got the HISS and the Joe Jeep....almost. Pm me for where I saw them if you're interested. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, Brookefield TRU has a bunch of their exclusive battlepacks - night camo'ed cobra troopers and another with snake eyes and a bunch of red ninjas - and 2 different 3 packs - the ones with Duke and blue Cobra Commander.

Zamps
07-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Today at Madison Wal-Mart I saw a Snake Eyes with what I thought was a black timber. I was excited and snatched it up. Upon inspection I realized someone took out the timber and swapped it with a junkyard-like dog! They used a half-***** tape job to seal the blister back to the card.

Pimpimus_Prime
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Found the Vamp and the Ram/trouble bubble vehicles as well as one of the DVD sets (snake eyes stalker etc...) at the super target in Fitchburg... Just before running into Zamps...

They had all four vehicle sets out this morning.

NickRyder
07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Chase had the DVD battlepacks and Vehicles today too. I wanna get that one with the new Lady Jaye. And the destro with the vac metalized mask. The only one I got is painted silver. I want shiny http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Val_Da_Carr
07-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Racine Target put out he M.A.S.S. set today. Fellow collector picked up 2 of them including the Destro (shiny).

facehammer
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Anyone see the latest wave in Madison yet (snow serpent etc...)? I have only seen the Torpedo and Wild Bill from that wave while in Hudson a couple weeks ago...

Zamps
07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Wave 9
Barbecue
Bazooka
B.A.T.
Ninja-Ku (Black)
Hawk (Jacket)
Snow Serpent

I have not, although they did surface at the beginning of the month in this area. Yet to be seen since. I preordered a case and have yet to receive it.

Scarecrow
07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Anyone see the latest wave in Madison yet (snow serpent etc...)? I have only seen the Torpedo and Wild Bill from that wave while in Hudson a couple weeks ago...

Haven't seen any over on the East side of Madison yet Facehammer, besides the DVD packs. I'm thinking I'll get my HTS order before I see the latest wave on the shelves.

Scarecrow
08-01-2008, 07:33 PM
East Madison Target had new Joe stuff out FINALLY. Had the newest wave--BAT, Snow Serpent black suit Storm Shadow, etc. Also had the newest comic packs--I nabbed the pack with the chrome-black Destro. I was beginning to worry for a while they'd never get anything new in.

facehammer
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Good to hear that they are finally hitting. Was there much there or was it one of those one case deals? I need to get out and look around a bit more. I have a buddy of mine that scored a Hiss for me as well as the DVD pack that I was missing. That leaves the latest wave of figures and the comic packs...

Zamps
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Cool, I'm hoping to spot them at WM and save a few bucks. They've had the same empty pegs for months now. You'd think they would finally put something out.

Scarecrow
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Good to hear that they are finally hitting. Was there much there or was it one of those one case deals? I need to get out and look around a bit more. I have a buddy of mine that scored a Hiss for me as well as the DVD pack that I was missing. That leaves the latest wave of figures and the comic packs...

You called it, Facehammer--looks like it was just one case of each. I could be mistaken as I was there around 2pm, but there was still one of each figure from the new wave, two of the Destro comic packs and at least one of each with Tripwire/Cobra Commander and Falcon/Nemesis Immortal.

facehammer
08-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Walmart Portage had a quite a bit of wave 9. Was able to pick up what I needed for the wave as well as a set for a friend of mine. Pretty solid wave if you ask me...

Zamps
08-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I have yet to see the new wave in Madison. TRU did have the new comic packs for a couple of days now.

Has anyone noticed the older figures being rereleased on non-25th anniv. cards? I saw a SEAL today on this card.

facehammer
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Torpedo and Wild Bill are in wave 9 with the revised non 25th cards.

Jimmy_2Pack
08-12-2008, 10:04 PM
My pal wants me to find the black head Destro in a comic pack. Is that one tough to find? I don't collect Joes.

Zamps
08-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Madison West Wal-Mart FINALLY restocked their empty pegs. Too bad it's a mix of wave 3 and 4. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif The only figure from wave 5 was Bazooka. A good portion of the figs are beat to crap.

facehammer
09-15-2008, 04:02 PM
managed to find the Rattler and Conquest at Super Target today. Yay!... Zamps, are you still looking for wave 9?
It doesn't seem like TRU is ever going to get the new 5 packs or the new Ranking Officers with as much back stock on the old ones that they have.

NotMertz
09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Madison West Wal-Mart FINALLY restocked their empty pegs. Too bad it's a mix of wave 3 and 4. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif The only figure from wave 5 was Bazooka. A good portion of the figs are beat to crap.

I'm not schooled enough in the Joe line to know which figs are in which wave, but yesterday when I was up in the Dells I saw figures such as the Cobra B.A.T., Major Bludd, and a black-clad Storm Shadow.

Zamps
09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Actually today I finally received my wave 9 preorder from BBTS. BBQ, Snow Serpent, Bazooka, BAT, Ninja, and Hawk. It was also packaged with Bludd and Flash.

Cool on the vehicles. I've been passing on those though, even though I'd like to pick them up. Are those exclusives to Target? How much?

facehammer
09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah, they're exclusive to Target. 25 bucks each. I'm just amazed that Wild Weasel fits into the cockpit...

facehammer
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Said the heck with it and ordered wave 10 from Hasbro Toy Shop along with the Sharc, Firebat, Fang/CLAW, and AWE Striker. I passed on the DVD packs for now. I'll probably cave and just order them the next time they are in stock. I figured I had enough stuff that I was ordering anyway...

My buddy Dave told me that the newest 5 packs were at TRU Madison this weekend... I was of course out of town.

Zamps
10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I ended up pre-ordering wave 10 and 11 from BBTS. It seems these figures aren't shipping to store that often. Did you use any coupons at HTS?

facehammer
10-06-2008, 11:46 PM
I didn't on my big initial order (didn't know about the promo), but when I ordered the Fang and Awe striker I used
FALL20

It is for 20 percent off and free shipping. That got me looking around the site a bit more...

Zamps
10-07-2008, 07:29 AM
I didn't on my big initial order (didn't know about the promo), but when I ordered the Fang and Awe striker I used
FALL20

It is for 20 percent off and free shipping. That got me looking around the site a bit more...

Thanks! I just placed an order!

Zamps
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice little box just arrived from BBTS! Wave 10 in hand.

Anyone know how the blue Wraith variant is released. I'll have to hunt him down now.

facehammer
10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I heard something along the lines of 1 every 2 cases or something like that. I will be keeping my eyes open though. I should have my wave 10 from HTS very soon. (shipped yesterday)

kenbenobi
10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
FALL20

I can't get that code to work. Do you know what the restrictions are? I'm trying to get protective cases, and the SDCC Disturbance in the Force set... I put 4 of each in my cart to pass $100, but still no discount when I add the code...

facehammer
10-09-2008, 02:06 PM
No idea as far as restrictions go. I'm not sure if it is still good or not. But I know I used it while checking out and had to click to adjust the price. Wish I could help out a bit more.

Zamps
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
It worked for me two days ago and I only order <$30 worth of goods.

Proceed to checkout and there will be a "Promo Code" section on the righthand side of the page.

Edit: I just did a test and "FALL20" still worked for me. It didn't matter whether it was all caps or not.

Pimpimus_Prime
10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I can't get that code to work. Do you know what the restrictions are? I'm trying to get protective cases, and the SDCC Disturbance in the Force set... I put 4 of each in my cart to pass $100, but still no discount when I add the code...

It doesn't work for HTS exclusive stuff.

StrangeDasein
10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
hey, off topic but joe related. i just got the joe dvd's and watching the first episode: what are the pod flying vehicles that tomax and xamot are piloting? i remember those being toys as a kid, have they been rereleased in the modern line? or is it to the ebay for me?

Zamps
10-11-2008, 07:26 AM
hey, off topic but joe related. i just got the joe dvd's and watching the first episode: what are the pod flying vehicles that tomax and xamot are piloting? i remember those being toys as a kid, have they been rereleased in the modern line? or is it to the ebay for me?

They have not been re-released. Ebay it is.

facehammer
10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
HTS delivered my wave 10 today... All the figures are really nice... except for Wraith. Cool looking, but articulation sucks. You can bend his left arm at the elbow, but when you do, the hoses break... ugh. If I find the clear variant I won't open it...

facehammer
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
...and on Wraith again... I was able to bend the right arm. Just really stuck... He looks pretty cool. Just can't do much with him...

Zamps
10-18-2008, 07:28 AM
HTS has the next wave of Joe figures for preorder: Airborne, Pilot Scarlett, Flint, Mask, Zartan and Eel. It says they won't ship until 11/24. Also no promo codes worked on them. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif I tried pony10 and fall20 and neither worked.

Scarecrow
10-18-2008, 10:02 AM
HTS has the next wave of Joe figures for preorder: Airborne, Pilot Scarlett, Flint, Mask, Zartan and Eel. It says they won't ship until 11/24. Also no promo codes worked on them. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif I tried pony10 and fall20 and neither worked.

Try MDCREW for 20% off. Got this from the Joe thread here on the scum boards.

Zamps
10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks! I reordered using that code.

Pimpimus_Prime
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
The Madison TRU has those Galactic Hero looking Joe figures.

Zamps
10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Fitchburg Super-T also has these. I think they look pretty bad. The paint apps look bad and not as detailed as the SW GH.

Zamps
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
This morning Madison West Wal-Mart had at least one case of Wave 5 revision 5. A bunch of older 25th anniv. figures on the new cards. Nothing exciting.

Scarecrow
10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
This morning Madison West Wal-Mart had at least one case of Wave 5 revision 5. A bunch of older 25th anniv. figures on the new cards. Nothing exciting.

I found the same thing at East Madison WM--Snake Eyes w/Timber, Flint (first wave), Stalker. Picked up Flint.

Zamps
11-01-2008, 08:36 AM
TRU online has 50% off Sigma Six figures today until 10 am as part of their door buster sale.

facehammer
11-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Cool Beans! and Happy Birthday Zamps!

Zamps
11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks! I didn't go to TRU this morning, it was much easier to order stuff online! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarthAndosMan
11-01-2008, 03:09 PM
The Joe gods Smiled upon me today, I was in The New Berlin Wal-mart with couple of Friends (Not collectors) and While bumbling in the toy section I looked through the Gi Joes pegs, and you'll never believe what I saw SNAKE EYES WITH FREAKIN TIMBER HALEUAH! How I found it was beyond me. All my friends saw the figure and after I told them How much it was. they all said "Dude Keep it in the box". http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

facehammer
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
That Snake Eyes is in a revision case that is currently shipping. Good find though. I think this one has the revised crotch so he can sit better.

Zamps
11-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Is this some kind of rare figure?

facehammer
11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
No, nothing crazy rare. Just released though. It is just the Snake Eyes with Timber that came out with the original wave 1 last year. The only difference now is that the card is not the 25th Anniversary (It probably says 'from the gi joe comic series' or something to that effect) and the diaper crotch has been fixed...

I just wish it would have been released in all black... I'm sure that one is coming.

DarthAndosMan
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Is this some kind of rare figure?

At time, yes. (Probably because everyone loves Snake eyes)

Zamps
11-03-2008, 08:48 AM
I arrived at work this morning and found wave 11 from BBTS on my desk. What a great Monday morning surprise!

I can't remember the last wave I bought in the stores. The inventory in Madison sucks. Wal-mart has a bunch of "new" old repack stuff, Target has the same lonely 4 figures, and the same at TRU.

facehammer
11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I have most of wave 11 coming this week. Only half shipped from HTS. Been a while since I bought in stores either. Other than HISS drivers...

Zamps
11-03-2008, 10:22 PM
HTS has wave 12 up for preorder (ship 12/10). Use MDCREW for 20% off!

Pimpimus_Prime
11-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Has anyone found Matt Trakker in Madison yet?

NickRyder
11-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Target has Joes on TPC for 4.99 and at the SuperTarget that's in like the back parking lot of the hotel I'm at tonight, has a whole boatload of figs - including Gen. Hawk with the leather jacket. If anyone is interested, PM me asap so I can snag him for you, or if you need any others, let me know, they seem to have his whole wave.

facehammer
11-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Not that I know of. I got mine from Hasbrotoyshop yesterday and he is amazingly well done. Kind of cool to have a larger size version of him compared to the wee figures that were released with the original MASK stuff.

Has anyone found Matt Trakker in Madison yet?

NickRyder
11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
didn't see Trakker or the Holo-Wraith, maybe there's a Joes fan around here... lol lots of Arctic guys, Storm shadow with tiiiiiimberrr lol

facehammer
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Just gotta say thanks to Nick for the offer. Thanks for looking out for us here. I know we'd do the same.

Target has Joes on TPC for 4.99 and at the SuperTarget that's in like the back parking lot of the hotel I'm at tonight, has a whole boatload of figs - including Gen. Hawk with the leather jacket. If anyone is interested, PM me asap so I can snag him for you, or if you need any others, let me know, they seem to have his whole wave.

Zamps
11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Madison West Target also has Joes on sale for $4.99. Only 4 figures: 1 Duke w/ Flag, 3 Vipers.

Pimpimus_Prime
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Madison West Target also has Joes on sale for $4.99. Only 4 figures: 1 Duke w/ Flag, 3 Vipers.

The Fitchburg Super Target had them for that price too. Not much selection either.

Pimpimus_Prime
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I was at Kohl's tonite and noticed that they had Joe figures. Expensive, but a pretty good selection.

Pimpimus_Prime
11-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I saw the new-ish vehicles at the Fitchburg Target yesterday. The packaging was beat to hell, but the vehicles looked pretty damn cool.

facehammer
11-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I saw the Awe Striker and Firebat at Walmart West (madison) today. It was also beat to heck...

But I did find the TRU exclusive Firefly vs Greenshirts and Crimson Guard five packs... yay. Now if they would get in their second wave of Senior Ranking Officers...

Zamps
11-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I saw the Awe Striker and Firebat at Walmart West (madison) today. It was also beat to heck...

But I did find the TRU exclusive Firefly vs Greenshirts and Crimson Guard five packs... yay. Now if they would get in their second wave of Senior Ranking Officers...

I saw those also. It looked like someone dropped kicked them!

Pimpimus_Prime
11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Actually, I saw them at Walmart... not Target. I guess I need more caffeine in the morning. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pimpimus_Prime
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
The Monona Wal-mart has Joe figures for $4.98.

facehammer
11-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Very good to know. (and oddly enough, I think that is still more expensive than they were a year ago...) Hopefully that will move some figures and get some of the newer waves that have not really hit the pegs. (I think I've ordered the last 3 waves online...)

Val_Da_Carr
11-14-2008, 10:59 AM

I picked up the Firebat in my travels to the north side of Milwaukee...

Pimpimus_Prime
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
The Madison west Target had two Ultimate Battle Packs on an end cap this morning. The set is pretty cool but I don't know if its worth the $63 that Target is raping collectors for.

Zamps
11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
No sh_t! That may be a clearance purchase.

facehammer
11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
...and here I was on the East side at Target that had no battle pack...

Pimpimus_Prime
11-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Not Joe related.. but if you guys see the Target exclusive TF packs, let me know. I know the Fitchburg store has them in stock. Not sure if the other ones do yet.

Pimpimus_Prime
11-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Not Joe related.. but if you guys see the Target exclusive TF packs, let me know. I know the Fitchburg store has them in stock. Not sure if the other ones do yet.

Nm.. found them this morning.

Zamps
11-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Madison Walmart West had the Cobra FANG and CLAW vehicle set this morning.

Zamps
11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I received my Wave 12 order from HTS. I can't remember the last wave I've found in the stores.

I saw the Ultimate Battlepack at Target today. Pretty cool looking but very $$.

facehammer
11-20-2008, 12:16 AM
I think the last wave I bought in stores was wave 9. I have wave 12 coming this week I think. I got the remainder of my wave 11 order today.

I'm going to have to get to Madison again and pick up one of those pricey battle packs... Grrrrrr! So expensive. I'm looking forward to a Joe break when the Movie comes out. Really doubt I'll get any of those.

Zamps
11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
I hear ya. Now that there will most likely be a break for awhile, I'll probably stop with the Joes. "Probably." http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

facehammer
11-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I got wave 12 yesterday from HTS... also ordered the 'best of the 80's' DVD battle pack. I need to get to Madison to get a UBP just so I can say that I saw something new in a store!

Sounds like wave 13 is supposed to be appearing soon. Haven't even seen pics of these yet...

Pimpimus_Prime
11-21-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm still on the look out for Matt Trakker. With my luck, Target will get him the day after they raise the price of their Joe figs.

Zamps
11-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm still on the look out for Matt Trakker. With my luck, Target will get him the day after they raise the price of their Joe figs.

Rogers that. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Pimpimus_Prime
11-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I forgot to mention this yesterday, but the Madison west Walmart had more of those retro 12" Joes. I think these were different than the last ones as their was one with a scuba suit. They were up on the riser above the other Joe toys.

facehammer
11-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Found the second wave of SRO at TRU madison today. finally...

Val_Da_Carr
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Saw the Wraith guy at 4 stores this past few days

facehammer
12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Holy Crap! A wave other than 9 hits the pegs in WI! Distribution has kind of sucked since wave 9...

Was Wraith regular or the blue one?

Pimpimus_Prime
12-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I've seen the wave with Wraith at Kohl's. Every place else seems to be getting the same old crap.

Val_Da_Carr
12-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Holy Crap! A wave other than 9 hits the pegs in WI! Distribution has kind of sucked since wave 9...

Was Wraith regular or the blue one?

Regular....does the blue one even exist?

Chase figures in G I Joe...what gives...

facehammer
12-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Yeah, it exists. But I'm amazed at what is being considered a variant in the world of Joe. A few of the figures have had 'number variants'. This is simply that the weapon has either a tiny number 1 or a number 2 on it. Those are mold cavity numbers. (and having worked in the plastics industry for far too long, they are on pretty much everything that gets made in multiple cavities...) There are huge debates as to whether or not this is a variant and helps to make hard to find figures, impossible to find figures. (of course not around here since they haven't been found on the pegs yet.

Anyway, it is really reminding me of the relaunch of Star Wars in 95. Lots of overbuying and thinking everything is worth a mint. I can just sit back and laugh now.

But yes, the clear blue Wraith exists and I believe is not too hard to find, according to what some folks are saying (where they have been released anyway)

facehammer
12-15-2008, 09:00 AM
While traveling this weekend, I actually saw a Mutt and Junkyard in the wild at Walmart in Beaver Dam. 2 of them acually. No one else from that wave though...

facehammer
12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I saw some of wave 10 (croc master, tiger force duke, wraith, mutt) and oddly enough 1 of wave 13 (firefly) at Super Target in Madison. Nice to finally see something new. Finally...

Zamps
12-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Huh, what's the cost of figs at Target these days? I haven't been out hunting in awhile.

facehammer
12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
You know I don't think I even looked at the prices. I have these figures already, and wave 13 on the way so I didn't seriously consider them. I probably should have. I know they were on sale for a while for 5.99 or something like that.

It was nice to see something new for once though. I've also seen a few of the Fang/Claw packs recently... 1 set in Beaver Dam and one at Walmart West in Madison...

Pimpimus_Prime
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
The Fitchburg Target had the first wave of Joe Mighty Muggs.

http://www.toysightings.com/2008/12/16/first-wave-of-gi-joe-mighty-muggs-hitting-stores/

facehammer
12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Aaaaaah! I think I'm more inclined to actually pick up the Joe and Transformer Mighty Muggs than I am the Star Wars. (although I have 5 of those, I've been very picky)

Thanks for the update... And Prime, I spotted the Universe Classics 2.0 Cheetor while I was in Beaver Dam (none of the others from that wave though) ...in case you are collecting that line...

Pimpimus_Prime
12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
The Madison west Walmart had a bunch of the new Universe deluxes on Friday. I picked up Hound and Cyclonus but couldn't bring myself to buy Cheetor or Starscream.

facehammer
12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Those are the 2 I'm gunning for. I think the other 2 will warm the pegs nicely...

Pimpimus_Prime
12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
I think people will buy Starscream, especially if they didn't get the other Classics version. Cheetor though... he's too weird for even me to buy.

Zamps
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
The Fitchburg Target had the first wave of Joe Mighty Muggs.

http://www.toysightings.com/2008/12/16/first-wave-of-gi-joe-mighty-muggs-hitting-stores/

Sweet! Snake Eyes here I come.

facehammer
12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Do you get the feeling that these may be more popular than the Star Wars Mighty Muggs? It seems to me that the other lines of MM are just a better representation of the style that the MM are going for. The Marvel are great (but I can't get sucked into another line...) I think the Joes are Great and the upcoming TFs look great as well. The SW are much easier to pass on for me. I still think Lando is the best so far...

Darth_Fett
12-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I grabbed a Hound and Cyclonus for my son. I too couldn't bring myself to buy Cheetor. He's already got the movie Starscream so I didn't get that either.

Zamps
12-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I picked up the Snake Eyes MM at Super T in Fitchburg. They also had a Wave 13 Firefly. I ended up passing on it because I might just order a case. FYI, I scanned a figure and it was $6.84.

facehammer
12-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I picked up the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow (from Target Fitchburg)... oddly enough, I was looking around for Duke... Didn't see him. While checking out, the girl behind me had him...

Zamps
12-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Are there only 5 figs in this wave: Cobra, Duke, Trooper, Firefly and Torch?

facehammer
12-17-2008, 11:26 PM
and Blowtorch... 6 total.

Zamps
12-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Madison West Target has goes on price reduction to $4.99. No figs on the pegs though. It would be nice to find Wave 13 at that price.

Pimpimus_Prime
12-19-2008, 09:58 PM
It would be nice if they would stock. They're sold out of most SW, Joes and TFs.

facehammer
12-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah, no kidding. Seems like they have been wiped pretty clean on all the main Hasbro Stuff. At least that is good in the sense that when they do restock it should be newer stuff...(theoretically of course.)

Pimpimus_Prime
12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
The Fitchburg Target had a couple of cases of Wave 11 rev 3 today.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ63403L3

facehammer
12-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I was there last night and did manage to pick up Airborne (I love Airborne and wanted to get one to keep carded) and a couple ParaVipers... Nice to see some new stuff again.

Zamps
12-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Fitchburg Super-T has the Ultimate Battle Pack on clearance for $44 and some change. Odd that the SW ones are $52+. I might pick one up if they dropp a little lower.

kenbenobi
12-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Fitchburg Super-T has the Ultimate Battle Pack on clearance for $44 and some change. Odd that the SW ones are $52+. I might pick one up if they dropp a little lower.

The SW ones are not on clearance here, unfortunately. They lowered the regular price to 54.99. The only good thing is that because it is their regular price now, I was able to use a raincheck for some Indiana Jones figures. The substitution policy allowed me to get 21% off. So I got my UBP's for $43...

Zamps
12-29-2008, 02:35 PM
What's up with all the AFA graded figures at HTS? How about actually having some normal figures to purchase.

facehammer
12-29-2008, 11:52 PM
No kidding. AFA is a joke anyway. I just wish they would restock once in a while. (since they have been ahead of the curve compared to releases around here) I missed the Sky Hawk by 'this much'... Saw it was up, went to a different computer to order and in those 45 seconds it was gone... got the water moccasin though...(totally awesome)

I just wish we'd see some pics of what is coming up... There still aren't any official pictures of wave 13.

Zamps
01-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Fitchburg Super Target had 3 cases of the new Wave 13! Plus they also had the new Serpentor and Pyramid DVD packs.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-03-2009, 09:51 PM
The Madison west Target has 20+ of the battle packs on clearance for $38.48. I don't collect Joes, but if they drop again, I might have to pick one up.

Zamps
01-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Interesting! With that many you'd have to think they will drop some more.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
The Madison west Target has their UBP for $28 now. Still a pile sitting there.

Zamps
01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Hmmm. To pick one up or wait for even a better deal? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Zamps
01-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Madison West Target has the second wave of Combat Joes. I forget what they are called, Galactic Heroes versions. They looked pretty cool. A lot better than wave 1.

Scarecrow
01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Hmmm. To pick one up or wait for even a better deal? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

East Madison Target has their remaining Joe UBP for 70% off now-think the cost was around $16-$17. Didn't pick one up cause I chose to get the 25th Ann. Optimus Prime instead for $17.48 and I wanted to make sure my wife would still let me in the house. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Zamps
01-15-2009, 11:12 PM
At that price I'd have to pick one up. Or maybe two! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

facehammer
01-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Holy crap! That is cheap! I have one and paid full price (and I still think it is a good deal) I would get another one, but I don't know where I would put the stuff. But I do love that gray Cobra Trooper...

Pimpimus_Prime
01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Didn't pick one up cause I chose to get the 25th Ann. Optimus Prime instead for $17.48 and I wanted to make sure my wife would still let me in the house. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How many Primes did they have?

Scarecrow
01-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Didn't pick one up cause I chose to get the 25th Ann. Optimus Prime instead for $17.48 and I wanted to make sure my wife would still let me in the house. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How many Primes did they have?

Had to wait to get back home to post. Pimpimus, went back to Target this morning to check if they still had the one other Optimus I saw--someone else got it, sorry.

Zamps and Facehammer--the Joe UBPs were actually $13.72. I picked one up for each of you--send me a PM if you're interested. I'll offer them up to the rest of the WI if either of you aren't interested before I return them to the store if theres no interest.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Zamps and Facehammer--the Joe UBPs were actually $13.72. I picked one up for each of you--send me a PM if you're interested. I'll offer them up to the rest of the WI if either of you aren't interested before I return them to the store if theres no interest.

I'll take one if they don't want them.

facehammer
01-17-2009, 01:09 AM
[censored] you can have the one he picked up for me. Thanks for thinking of me Scarecrow! The pack is really awesome... you'll enjoy it immensely.

Zamps
01-17-2009, 09:15 AM

Hell yeah I'll take it!

facehammer
01-17-2009, 10:45 AM
OK, I guess I have to write 'pimpimus' or it gets censored. That is hilarious... I was meaning to say that Pimpimus can have the one for me...

Pimpimus_Prime
01-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks Scarecrow and facehammer!

Scarecrow
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
[censored] you can have the one he picked up for me. Thanks for thinking of me Scarecrow! The pack is really awesome... you'll enjoy it immensely.

Not a problem, Facehammer.

Zamps and [censored]-sent you both a PM.

Too funny about P*** being sensored!

Pimpimus_Prime
01-17-2009, 01:44 PM
The man is always trying to put me down. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pimpimus_Prime
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks again Scarecrow for picking those up and for meeting me this morning.

Scarecrow
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM

Not a problem, hope that the set doesn't get you in too much trouble. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Since I was over at the West side, I stopped by TJ Maxx in Westgate to see if I'd have any luck finding the last few Indy figures I need. Not a figure to be found-they did have two of the cloth-top cargo trucks though.

Also stopped in at the Fitchburg Target and found some Joes I needed-Torch, Ripper and Tripwire.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Not a problem, hope that the set doesn't get you in too much trouble. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lol.. I got the evil eye when I got home. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zamps
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Prime,

Did you grab the other one for me? The wife dropped off the money on Friday at the girl's party. Hopefully you received it and it didn't get spent on jewelry! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pimpimus_Prime
01-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I got it.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
The UBP's are 75% off at the Madison west Target. There were a couple of eBay moms with carts full of clearance crap so I'm not sure how long they'll last.

facehammer
01-29-2009, 11:28 AM
They must have marked them down today. I think they were only 50% off yesterday. Gonna have to fight the urge again...

Zamps
01-29-2009, 11:51 AM
The UBP's are 75% off at the Madison west Target. There were a couple of eBay moms with carts full of clearance crap so I'm not sure how long they'll last.

LOL! I went back to Wal-mart after work yesterday. I saw a mom rolling out with a cart full of 6 of FP's Smart Cycle video game for kids and she was holding one. I wish I had a camera.

Val_Da_Carr
01-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Oak Creek Target had the G I Joe BP finally marked down off 75%

Zamps
01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Madison West Shopko has one Sting Raider for $21.99. Ouch.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-31-2009, 12:54 AM
LOL! I went back to Wal-mart after work yesterday. I saw a mom rolling out with a cart full of 6 of FP's Smart Cycle video game for kids and she was holding one. I wish I had a camera.

Was it this lady?

http://www.bmolchem.wisc.edu/labs/mosher/labMembers/gillisM.html

She was scalping TF toys last Christmas so I looked her up (ebay ID is her name.. duh). Since then, I've seen her at Target numerous times, filling her cart with hot toys or cleaning out the clearance crap.

Zamps
01-31-2009, 09:59 AM
I didn't get a good look at her with all the boxes in the way! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Zamps
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Target.com has the HOF figures available for preorder at $11.99 each. The description says they will be available April 16.

P.S. - Superbowl movie trailer is available online if you have not seen it yet.

Zamps
02-01-2009, 04:22 PM
HTS also has them available for preorder at $9.99. If you use the code smile8 you can get an additional 10% off. Their website says 4/20 ship date.

Zamps
02-01-2009, 10:13 PM

Thanks Scarecrow for the pick up! Thanks Prime for the delivery!

Zamps
02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Prime, I checked out that Joe listing you were talking about yesterday. Holy Cow! I think I'd need a divorce lawyer if I walked in with that stuff. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Link (http://madison.craigslist.org/clt/996279853.html)

Zamps
02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Does anyone's UBP figures have helmets on? The back of the packaging shows the figures with helmets. But none of them have them on, including Cobra Commander. He looks ridiculous with just a silver head.

Maybe I have some ultimate, rare UBP! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

facehammer
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
The helmets are with the stands etc... Cobra Commander looks extra weird though without the rest of his helmet... but no, not a variant.

Zamps
02-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I never really look that close to the figures. I figured that were packaged in somewhere.

Zamps
02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
This morning Madison WM West had a pair of the new Hawk and Sting Raider vehicles.

JTKenobi
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't collect Joe but when I was in the Dollar Store the other day (actually I think it's Dollar General??) I saw these Joe's in mini-packaging. The figures were totally different & cheap-o quality but the packaging was pretty cool - similar with what's out there now...character art, etc, but with different characters. I was almost tempted to get one but I passed. I think they were $3.

Pimpimus_Prime
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't collect Joe but when I was in the Dollar Store the other day (actually I think it's Dollar General??) I saw these Joe's in mini-packaging. The figures were totally different & cheap-o quality but the packaging was pretty cool - similar with what's out there now...character art, etc, but with different characters. I was almost tempted to get one but I passed. I think they were $3.

Those have been around for awhile. If I remember right, they don't come with any accessories.

NickRyder
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Dollar Tree and Dollar General both have those, I think some of them are repacked Valor Vs. Venom and/or SpyTroops Joe figures. They do have some accessories. I bought a Baroness came with a pretty cool rifle. Dust Up or whatever his name was I'm planning on modding into something of a Hoth Trooper or some generic bounty hunter. I traded some kinda trooper to Jimmy 2 Pack at the last CHG meeting. They've got some custom fodder potential, but yeah compared to the 25th stuff its almost laughable.

facehammer
02-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Should mention that I was in Sun Prairie Wal Mart last night. They did have a few of the Sting Raider and Ghost Hawk vehicles. But that was about it... I did notice that there is a Target opening March 8th in Sun Prairie.

Pimpimus_Prime
02-18-2009, 12:00 PM
wtf does Sun Prairie need with a Target? Can't they drive to the east side of Madison?

facehammer
02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
That is what I was thinking. It is literally 5 minutes from the east side Target... Perhaps it's a super target.

laboratory
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
That is what I was thinking. It is literally 5 minutes from the east side Target... Perhaps it's a super target.

It was originally going to be a SuperTarget, but now it is not (according to my sources in Sun Prairie).

Maybe they will close the east side store? It is a bit dumpier than the average Target and off the beaten path... I didn't even know it was there until I lived in Madison for 12 years...

Pimpimus_Prime
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
They just updated the east side Target last year. That place is always packed too so I doubt they'll close it.

On a semi-related topic... the Fitchburg Target had Mighty Muggs Baroness and Destro. I didn't buy them, but Destro looks really good with his chrome head.

laboratory
02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
They just updated the east side Target last year. That place is always packed too so I doubt they'll close it.

On a semi-related topic... the Fitchburg Target had Mighty Muggs Baroness and Destro. I didn't buy them, but Destro looks really good with his chrome head.

Hmmm. I was last there in January 2007 (Colts v. Bears Super Bowl) and now that I think about it, I do remember construction around the entrance. That shows what I know...

Zamps
03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Madison WM West had the new Resolute, Joe and Cobra 5-packs. I had to pass even though these days they are a pretty good deal at $25 for 5 figures.

laboratory
03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Madison WM West had the new Resolute, Joe and Cobra 5-packs. I had to pass even though these days they are a pretty good deal at $25 for 5 figures.

These?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ78855B

facehammer
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Man... why did they have to go and basically drop 4 boxed sets all at once...? (including the Greatest Battles...which I picked up last week...)

I'll probably cave if I see them.

Pimpimus_Prime
03-03-2009, 02:38 PM

I saw the Joe and Cobra sets at TRU last week. They were all gone within a day or two.

Zamps
03-03-2009, 04:48 PM

These?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ78855B

Affirmative. They looked pretty cool.

facehammer
03-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I just got back from Sun Prairie Target. I passed up the new Jets (tiger rattler and python conquest...) Just not a fan of the tiger stripes and snake skin. I did find a Baroness Mighty Mugg.

And they had their Transformers Animated exclusives out... Purple Shockwave is sooooooo cooooooool...

Pimpimus_Prime
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
facehammer, I found Wreck-gar at the Fitchburg Target this morning. It might be worth checking the other Madison stores this week.

facehammer
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up. He's driving me crazy...

Pimpimus_Prime
03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
The Madison west Target has an end cap setup with exclusive Joe and TF toys. The Joe vehicles were the old ones though.

facehammer
03-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I stopped by madison west Target this morning and picked up the new Joe 5 pack. So I'm caught up again. I'm really on the fence about the new jets. I like the figures, don't like or really need the jets...

And I finally found Wreck-Gar for Transformers Animated and a Ratchet for TF Universe. Yay! I don't know if I'm going to get Hot Shot... Thanks for the heads up again Prime.

Pimpimus_Prime
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
You get WreckGar at the Madison west Target?

facehammer
03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Yep. I was there about 11:30am or so. There was one Wreck-Gar and one Ratchet (universe) and no Hot Shot... Plenty of Atomic Lugnut though...

Pimpimus_Prime
03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow.. those went fast then. I was there last night and they didn't have any of that stuff.

facehammer
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Cool. I actually got lucky then. They also had the TF Mighty Muggs. And I keep getting tricked by the Silver Surfer MM (I think it is him)... I keep thinking that I've finally found Destro. Alas, I keep looking.

Pimpimus_Prime
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
The Fitchburg Target has their Joe/TF endcap setup. No new jets though.

ShyTown
03-25-2009, 02:54 AM
What Jets would those be??

facehammer
03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Python Patrol Conquest and Tiger Rattler. (Tiger Rattler should come with 1980's Ted Nugent...hehehehehe)

Pimpimus_Prime
04-14-2009, 08:16 PM
All of the GI Joe toys are marked NCF (not carried forward) at the Madison west Target. The TF Universe toys are too but not Animated. Go figure...

Zamps
04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
So does that mean they are not carrying them anymore? I wonder if that's because the 25th line is ending and the movie line of figures are different.

Pimpimus_Prime
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Yep, they will be dropping them in favor of the GI Joe movie toys.

Pimpimus_Prime
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
The new GI Joe Resolute cartoon kicks major [censored]. It makes me want to go out and buy Joe toys.

facehammer
04-22-2009, 12:46 AM
It's been awesome so far. I hope they do some more in the future. I think it concludes Friday night.

Pimpimus_Prime
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
If any of you guys find the TF Animated Jetfire/Jetstorm pack at Target on clearance, pick it up for me. The Fitchburg and Madison west stores are out but Target's website says the east side store has "limited availability."

When the hell are those GI Joe vehicles going on clearance? I want to pick up a few of those jets for $7.

Zamps
05-22-2009, 08:24 PM
They'll probably go on clearance right before they start getting the movie toys. At least we can hope so.

Pimpimus_Prime
06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
All GI Joe toys are on clearance for 30% off at Fitchburg Target.

Zamps
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks! Today I picked up the Tiger Rat and the Rattler for $17.xx a piece. I think I might wait for further reductions to pick some more stuff up.

Pimpimus_Prime
06-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Anyone else going to see TF2 tomorrow night? I'll be at the Fitchburg Imax.

btw.. we should change this to the "TF and GI Joe" sightings thread.

Scarecrow
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
I couldn't make it tomorrow but will be going to the IMAX on Wednesday night.

You'll have to post a review right away so I can save my $$ if its too horrible. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Zamps
06-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Anyone else going to see TF2 tomorrow night? I'll be at the Fitchburg Imax.

btw.. we should change this to the "TF and GI Joe" sightings thread.

What time are you going? I can probably join you as the wife will not see this with me. Did you already buy a ticket?

Pimpimus_Prime
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
What time are you going? I can probably join you as the wife will not see this with me. Did you already buy a ticket?

Yeah, Jenny got me a ticket for the midnight iMax last week. According to the Fandango website, that showing is sold out.

Unless the movie is total crap, I'll go with you later this week.

Zamps
06-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I missed that you posted it on Monday meaning Tuesday's midnight showing. I thought you were talking about Wednesday night.

We can plan something for later this week.

NotMertz
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Don't forget that you can bring your TF ticket stub into Westfield Comics and get 20% off your purchase. Not sure how long the offer runs, but it will be at least a couple of weeks.

Zamps
06-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I took my son there for the first time during Free Comic Book day and now he always wants to go! Gotta raise kids right these days. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Zamps
06-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks to Prim: Madison West Target has Joes for 50% off. Not much there, mostly 2-packs and multipacks.

I picked up a SS MM.

Zamps
06-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Fitchburg Super-T still has JOes @ 30% but they have moved them to the end aisles. But they did replace the empty spots with new Rise of Cobra Combat Heroes!

Pimpimus_Prime
06-26-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm waiting for the stuff to drop to 75% off. I want some cheap jets!

Zamps
07-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Madison West Wal-Mart has Combat Heroes for $3 a piece. I picked up a Snake Eyes/Timber & Zartan. Plenty to go around.

Zamps
07-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Madison TRU has the new Joe Movie stuff out this morning. The figures looked cooler than I was expecting. I still resisted (for now).

I did pick up a SE and SS Action Battlers for my son. They looked pretty neat.

facehammer
07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I picked up a few like Duke, SE, and the TRU exclusive BBQ and Firefly. Shipwreck... I think that is all. I will probably get a couple vehicles, but for the most part the movie specific figures don't really do anything for me.

Zamps
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Fitchburg Super-T has no Joes (as of yesterday) and Madison West Wal-mart has no Joes as of this morning.

facehammer
07-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I think Target was going to put them out today, but I would not be surprised if they kept the street date of the 10th. I have heard that Walmart is doing that.

NotMertz
07-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Did someone already mention that Target West had a whole bunch of movie Joes out both in the regular aisle and on one of the end caps. I don't collect but some of them look really nice. I also like the small card back.

Darth_Fett
07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Saw the new joes at Target in Oshkosh, thought they looked pretty nice. Hopefully the movie is good.

Pimpimus_Prime
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Fitchburg Super-T has no Joes (as of yesterday) and Madison West Wal-mart has no Joes as of this morning.

I'm not surprised by the Fitchburg store. They're a bunch of lazy [censored]. The Madison west Target did have some after work but the selection sucks compared to TRU.

Scarecrow
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Sun Prairie and Madison East Targets had their figures out too. Picked up a Destro and Zartan. Has anyone seen CC?

facehammer
07-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I've only been able to get to TRU (and that was Saturday) and it seemed like they only had a certain assortment. (the one not including CC)

I'm really going to be choosy on these movie figures. It sounds as though Walmarts are sticking to the original street date of the tenth. (they have some cool 2 pack exclusives...)

INDY
07-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Target Pleasant Praire had everything out yesterday including the wave 3 figures with CC, hoodless SS, and Snow Viper. All the ships were there to. Night Raven (COBRA plane) is very nice.

Val_Da_Carr
07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
TRU Racine has a front section setup with the JOE stuff there.

I wanted to look at the mid sized vehicles but a happy fan swooped in and picked them up.