PDA

View Full Version : Flash/Grand Slam helmet

John_Solo
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Does this helmet drive anyone else nuts? I love these figures, but I just wish the dang helmet would stay on!

Anyone come up with a good, non-adhesive solution?

Tontus314
04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
You could try using one of the clear rubber bands that Hasbro likes to use to excess. Another option would be coming up with a chin strap. You could possibly use an X-Wing pilot helmet, cut the strap off, and glue to the helmet. I'm not sure if the bond would be strong enough to keep the strap on though.

iambob13
04-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I like the clear strap idea. You could wrap it around their heads to create more for the helmet to grab onto. Or you could carefully glue the strap inside the helmet to create a chin strap. You might paint it black where it comes out of the helmet too.

hesnojedi
04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I use UHU tac on the inside of helmets that tend to fall off. It works great on the Darth Vaders with removable helmets that just don't want to stay on. I haven't tried this with Flash yet, but it should work really well. I also used to use beneath the feet of my figures on display. I used the white tack in a white display cabinet and it really disappeared. Dedicated stands has started to change that, but my helmets don't fall off. Hope it helps.

CAUTION: UHU Tac is white and less likely to interact with the figure, I've never had a problem, but many people have had problems with blue sticky tacks (there's also yellow) where the compound has left residue stains on walls and posters.

red_skeleton7
04-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I had the same problem, but after displaying them it seems to stick by itself after a bit. Probably sticks to the painted hair or something.

toy_opener415
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't know what it is. Every time you look in a magazine or get something in the mail and there's a removable coupon or something, there's some clear sticky stuff that kinda looks like a clear lugi. If you smoke Marlboro Reds, those pamphlet things are stuck to the pack with this stuff.

It doesn't peel the paint, use only a bit so it doesn't look like you have anything under there at all, and the helmet doesn't come off unless you take it off! I knew I was gonna use some for Flash when his helmet popped off while I was opening it (wtf?).

I've even used some for the Joe weapons after I cut the index finger so it fits in the trigger of the guns. There have been times when I find some of this stuff and it SUCKS!!! Just f.y.i. the Marlboro boogers are the best (so far)

Obsidian_Shield
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Just f.y.i. the Marlboro boogers are the best (so far)

Sounds like a good reason for me to start smoking. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

boff123
04-23-2008, 08:18 AM
the comic hawk has the same problem. i look at him at then all of a sudden its on the floor. whats funny is that flash's helmet stays put.

iambob13
04-23-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't know what it is. Every time you look in a magazine or get something in the mail and there's a removable coupon or something, there's some clear sticky stuff that kinda looks like a clear lugi. If you smoke Marlboro Reds, those pamphlet things are stuck to the pack with this stuff.

I think that stuff might just be rubber cement in vary small amounts. Don't take my word for it, though.

Toonimator
04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
the comic hawk has the same problem. i look at him at then all of a sudden its on the floor. whats funny is that flash's helmet stays put.

I saw a Scarlett/Hawk pack with Hawk ripped out of it. All they left of him was the helmet.

They've really not done well on the 'army' helmets for any of the Joes. On the tiny-head guys (Duke, Hawk, Flash/GS, Roadblock, RnR) it's particularly bad, with the helmet extremely small and not even covering the ears; with Breaker, the helmet & head are much larger, but it STILL doesn't quite cover the ears. What gives?

CobraKaiDojo
04-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Okay, here's what I do with Hawk/Flash/Grand Slam:

-Get a small clear rubber band. (Typical Hasbro issue.)

-Take the helmet and flip the visor up as high as it will go, exposing an opening.

-Loop the rubber band through the opening between the visor and the top of the helmet.

-Now grab both ends of the rubber band and slip them under the chin of the figure, then put the helmet on.

What you will have is an instant, invisible chin strap.