PDA

View Full Version : Help for a newbie...

lordnefarius
04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of taking the plunge with the PF line. I was just wondering, what are the bodies of the PF's made of? Are they resin? Just curious. Thanks for your help.

theropod
04-04-2008, 01:02 AM
That's a baited question. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The bodies of the PFs actually vary from statue to statue. Some are polystone, some might be resin, I'm pretty sure that Han and the first Luke have a wire armature in the arms, some of the bodies even use plastic or condensed molded foam.
Unlike a cold cast, resin, or polystone statue, the PFs truly are mixed media in more ways than just the apparel. Nevertheless, the represent my personal favorite line of any high end Star Wars collectible. Nevermind the materials, the quality of the finished products are top notch.

-theropod

Jedinate
04-04-2008, 01:26 AM
The PF's are great but they are few and far between. I try to pick up a few when I can but I moved on to the 12 inch because there are more released each year. Both are good quality products though and can really make a collection stand out. Also the later PF's have been a vast improvement over the earlier releases.