PDA

View Full Version : What New Characters Should Be In Transformers 2???

GNT
03-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Simple question... what new characters would you liike to see included in the 2nd live action transformers film? Then what would/should they be?

Keep in mind they must change into an object of equal size.

Thoughts?

MisterKenobi
03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Soundwave obviously.
Prowl
Cliff Jumper
Skywarp
Thundercacker
Magnus
Springer

Basically anyone but Arcee.

LandoGriffin
03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Matt pretty much summed up all the ones I had thoguht about. Soundwave obviously due to popularity. Prowl to take the place of Jazz. Thundercracker and Skywarp - my thought is they'll come back to Earth with Starscream. Which means the Autobots will need their own team in the sky so maybe Jetfire and Powerglide.
I am indifferent to Arcee but I am betting they will put her in since they scrapped her in part one.

GNT
03-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Soundwave obviously

And the 2nd part of my question is what they'll be....cause soundwave cant be tape recorder.

DacaZ
03-19-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't really care what Soundwave's alt mode is, as long as he's something of an homage to his G1 robot form.

I'm really stumped on what Decepticons should show up and what their alt modes should be. I just hope the Cons get much bigger screen time in the next film. The origins are out of the way, TF2 needs lots more bot-on-camera time and more bot character development.

As for Autobots...

Wheeljack and Hound are highest on my list.

bikerscout
03-19-2008, 04:57 AM
shockwave - although, highly unlikely and they'd wuss out & not make him a gun

constructicons/devastor - surprised he wasn't mentioned already

other seekers - thundercracker & skywarp would be nice for starters

soundwave - one of the all time faves

jetfire - if they did him right, he'd be so awesome

sideswipe or sunstreaker - cool dudes

hound, cliffjumper, mirage, i could name em all, they're all awesome

astrotrain or blitzwing would be great too - not likely though b/c the powers that be are morons

MisterKenobi
03-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Soundwave obviously

And the 2nd part of my question is what they'll be....cause soundwave cant be tape recorder.

I don't know. Decepticons in the movie were all some sort of government/military vehicle, so following that, the options are limited. This is a sweet rendition from seibertron.com:

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/files/movie_soundwave_337.jpg

But as for the rest,

Cliffjumper should be a red Dodge Charger:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/10/pf/autos/dodge_charger_reveal/dodge_charger_red.03.jpg

Thundercracker and Skywarp should bviously be F-22s

Prowl - Chevy Concept Volt:

http://www.chevy-volt.net/images/chevy-volt-concept-header.jpg

http://www.chevy-volt.net/images/Chevy-Volt-Concept-07.jpg

http://www.chevy-volt.net/images/Chevy-Volt-Concept-05.jpg

not sure about the rest.

Shock_Fett
03-26-2008, 11:45 AM
That updated soundwave looks really cool.

I would also vote soundwave. Simply the best, better then... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MisterKenobi
03-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Here's how I'd like to see the seekers in the film:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/matkatnadam/HPIM1493.jpg

bikerscout
03-30-2008, 05:50 AM
it'd be great if they changed the seekers' paintjobs to g1 style but highly unlikely. The powers that be are inept.

SSIntimidator
03-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Cliffjumper aint' gonna be a Dodge. If he's in the movie at all. Any cars will be Chevy only, or a Saleen like Barricade.

MisterKenobi
03-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Cliffjumper aint' gonna be a Dodge. If he's in the movie at all. Any cars will be Chevy only, or a Saleen like Barricade.

Not neccessarily. Chevy had some endorsement rights in TF1, but that doesn't mean every vehicle in the film was or will be a Chevy.

In fact, the only TF in the film who was a Chevy was Bumblebee. Ironhide was a GMC Topkick, Ratchet was an H2 Hummer, and Jazz was a Pontiac Soltice. Those were all GM vehicles. Prime was a Peterbilt tractor Trailer, Barricade Was a Ford Mustang Saleen, Starscream was a Lockheed F-22 Raptor, Brawl was a modified M-1 Abrams Tank, Bonecrusher was a Buffalo mine sweeper, and Blackout was a Sikorsky MH53 pave-low search and rescue helicopter.

So yeah, it's easily possible that any other car manufaturer that Bay likes will be on board for colaboration, including and especially the Daimler-Chrysler conglomorate (or Chrysler LLC as it were), which opens the doors to Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge (who is no amateur when it comes to film licensing, such as the Fantastic Four ROTSS Fantasticar).

bikerscout
03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
i think gm will have it again. I still dislike VW turning its back on providing a BB. But then again, the concept camaro is pretty sweet.

MisterKenobi
03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Bay didn't want BB to be a Beetle anyways.

SSIntimidator
03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Prime was a Peterbilt tractor Trailer, Barricade Was a Ford Mustang Saleen,

You'll notice there were no markings on those vehicles. Yes, we all know Barricade was a Ford but Ford did not want their car to be used as the "bad guy" so all Ford logos were removed and the car was sent to Saleen for a revamping, which in essence made it a new car.

Same with Prime. Sure, it's a Peterbuilt but you won't find that anywhere on the truck.

In both cases since GM has exclusive rights to the film any and all other vehicles will not have any markings on them unless they are GM owned.

Starscream was a Lockheed F-22 Raptor, Brawl was a modified M-1 Abrams Tank, Bonecrusher was a Buffalo mine sweeper, and Blackout was a Sikorsky MH53 pave-low search and rescue helicopter.

Are you serious with that part? No kidding they were not GM vehicles, when was the last time GM made military craft? It's not even the same thing as saying one CAR company has the contract for the film.

SSIntimidator
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
i think gm will have it again. I still dislike VW turning its back on providing a BB. But then again, the concept camaro is pretty sweet.

That and he would have been too short in bot mode.

bikerscout
04-01-2008, 06:39 AM
If he were made proportional to the size of the car (which is small) -it wouldn't've bothered me. You wouldn't want a scout/spy figure too large anyway.
Still happy with the camaro version though. I find it funny that Ford didn't want to be known as 'the bad guy' car - a lot of kids/people love the villains. Are they crazy?!!?!

MisterKenobi
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Prime was a Peterbilt tractor Trailer, Barricade Was a Ford Mustang Saleen,

You'll notice there were no markings on those vehicles. Yes, we all know Barricade was a Ford but Ford did not want their car to be used as the "bad guy" so all Ford logos were removed and the car was sent to Saleen for a revamping, which in essence made it a new car.

Same with Prime. Sure, it's a Peterbuilt but you won't find that anywhere on the truck.

In both cases since GM has exclusive rights to the film any and all other vehicles will not have any markings on them unless they are GM owned.

Starscream was a Lockheed F-22 Raptor, Brawl was a modified M-1 Abrams Tank, Bonecrusher was a Buffalo mine sweeper, and Blackout was a Sikorsky MH53 pave-low search and rescue helicopter.

Are you serious with that part? No kidding they were not GM vehicles, when was the last time GM made military craft? It's not even the same thing as saying one CAR company has the contract for the film.

And yet my point stands. Not every Transformer has to be a Chevy as you said. In fact, only 1 of them ever was.

SSIntimidator
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
And yet my point stands. Not every Transformer has to be a Chevy as you said. In fact, only 1 of them ever was.

Chevy, GM it's the same thing man. When you say Chevy people know what you're talking about. When you say GM people have no idea it's even a company.

Still, the military list wasn't even relevant.

MisterKenobi
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Chevy, GM it's the same thing man. When you say Chevy people know what you're talking about. When you say GM people have no idea it's even a company.

Still, the military list wasn't even relevant.

GM, Chevy... totally NOT the same thing. GM stands for General Motors, they manufacture cars under their umbrella for names like Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Buick, Hummer, Cadillac, Saab, and also I believe Daewoo.

GM is the largest automobile manufacturer in the world, so only a braindead moron wouldn't know it's a company. It's by far one of the largest corporations in the world with millions of employees.

Chevy is just a small fraction of that.

And it was relevant, because you made it sound like only Chevy cars could be transformers, which is not and will never be the case. I'm not trying to argue here, just trying to get the facts straight and put this into perspective.

SSIntimidator
04-01-2008, 01:22 PM
And it was relevant, because you made it sound like only Chevy cars could be transformers, which is not and will never be the case. I'm not trying to argue here, just trying to get the facts straight and put this into perspective.

I get the concept of GM and Chevy, thanks. I'm saying the normal viewer, all they see is Chevy.

And what I said is true, as far as anyone is concerned only GM cars/trucks were Transformers. NOTHING else has a name on it aside from Saleen.

The whole point was you suggested Cliffjumper for a Dodge, well that will never happen unless they buy the car, strip it of all badging, send it to Saleen and have them revamp the entire thing making a new car. But since the Dodge nose is so recognizable (as annoying as it is on EVERY friggin' car they make) it won't happen.

MisterKenobi
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM

I get the concept of GM and Chevy, thanks. I'm saying the normal viewer, all they see is Chevy.

And what I said is true, as far as anyone is concerned only GM cars/trucks were Transformers. NOTHING else has a name on it aside from Saleen.

The whole point was you suggested Cliffjumper for a Dodge, well that will never happen unless they buy the car, strip it of all badging, send it to Saleen and have them revamp the entire thing making a new car. But since the Dodge nose is so recognizable (as annoying as it is on EVERY friggin' car they make) it won't happen.

I still don't believe that the average person (at least American) doesn't know that Chevrolet and General Motors are not interchangeable terms. What kind of car do is that? Oh, it's a GM Impala.

And back to the original point... that's not set in stone. GM had sponsorship or TF1, but that doesn't mean other companies won't inevitably want a piece of that pie. The only reason GM was used in TF1 was because their collaboration was extremely helpful to the film's budget f $140 million, which turned out to be a little low for what Bay needed.

I'm just saying... it could happen - easily. Probably it will not, but it's what I'd like to see. I'd love a dodge car thrown in the mix, even if Saleen has to modify it first. I drive a Dodge car as I have since I bought it new off the lot in 2004, and I absolutely love it. It's a bias thing for sure, but I'd just like to see a Dodge get on screen.

The Alternators Prime was a Dodge Ram, so the Dodge Corp is no stranger to TF.

bikerscout
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
if GM will save Bay/Paramount/DW $, then they will probably be used again. Does anyone else agree that Ford was really foolish to not want to be known as 'the bad guys' car?? That is $ in the bank no brainer, people/kids love the bad guys!!!

MisterKenobi
04-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Heh... I always thought of Ford as the bad guys of the car business anyways.

bikerscout
04-02-2008, 06:37 AM
can't stand ford myself either

SSIntimidator
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM
I could crap a better car than Ford could make.

MisterKenobi
04-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Agreed.

jamesanshutz
04-02-2008, 05:07 PM
From what I heard.. Tidal Wave is going to be like a huge Decepticon thats going to transform into an aircraft carrier on the seas. Now that's gotta be a huge Transformer to do that. I'd like to know just what happens when he transforms back into robot mode. Would he be able to float in the seawater or will he just sink to the bottom?

bikerscout
04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
wonder what the autobot answer to tidal wave would be? In bot mode, they'll probably just have him stand in shallow water.

LordStarscream
04-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Spoilers...

Confirmation (http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4663&Itemid=99) of a new Decepticon in Transformers 2, along with various human characters.

SSIntimidator
04-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't call that a spoiler, people have been expecting him to be in it all along.

LordStarscream
04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Fair enough, just trying to be as sensitive to the spoilage issue as possible. Sorry if I got your hopes up for some major revelation.

bikerscout
04-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Spoilers...

Confirmation (http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4663&Itemid=99) of a new Decepticon in Transformers 2, along with various human characters.

Wth? Leader One isn't even a TF??!!?!?! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DarthXXX
04-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I would like to see the original Devastator, and just start referring to the tank as Brawl. Also, I think that Megatron is going to make an appearance in T2, something along the lines of SOundwave and Barricade bringing him back. As for Autobots, I think CLiff Jumper is a for sure thing as will be Grimlock and I am really, really hoping for Hot Rod (pre Rodimus)The only other Decepticon that would be cool is if they bring Meg back as Galvatron or even bring in Unicron!!