PDA

View Full Version : An Open Message to Everyone

DouglasMcc
01-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I am not sure what's going on around here. But, I don't like being lied about ... slandered for some unknown reason. I sold a good chunk of stuff at the end of December and beginning of January. Then, before the New Year, my uncle had to be hospitalized due to complications with his kidneys. This forced me to move into his home and care for my 72 year old grandmother. I don't share this story with all of you looking for pity. The point being, a life changing event happened and, in my book, family comes first. I informed everyone that I had traded with or sold to in advance. I let them know there was going to be a delay. Everyone seemed to understand. Til a couple of days ago. Then, all of a sudden, I have 2 people - that had claimed "family comes first" and "whenever you can ship" file PayPal claims against me. Don't get me wrong, I can't fault them. I would have probably done the same thing. It was just the tone of the messages that puzzled me. They were angry and accusing. When I contacted them, I was told that someone had contacted them and "warned them against me." They didn't say who it was, and to be blunt, I don't give a damn at this point. But, whoever it was, and I hope to God you are reading this, you know who you are. I have a family emergency and you cowardly attack me behind my back. I don't appreciate that. If you had a problem with me, you could have posted it - much like I am doing right now. Given me a chance to defend myself. But, no, that was too much trouble. You choose the other route ... the easy route. So be it ...

I may not be the fastest shipper, but everyone but ONE person, who was overseas, has received their items in over 46 trades/sales in my three years here. I never price gouge - never complain, even when some of you buy my items for decent prices - then turn around and sell it a few weeks later for double the cost. Yeah, I am not stupid. I notice those things. But, I don't trash talk those people because what's done is done. I don't expect to be treated like a saint, but it would be nice to get the benefit of the doubt.

I am back home and I have begun to ship everything out. Bad weather in NC has limited my shipments somewhat, but I hope to have the last few items out by mid-week. If anyone out there is worried about items I sold or traded to you, please feel free to contact me. I have a few pending sales right now, if this messages causes anyone to doubt me and my 3 year record here, you are free to cancel the deal - just tell me in writing. There will be no hard feelings.

Killerbee
01-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Hey there.

As someone who isn't involved a transaction with you at the moment, I will say while it's sad that you have some issues right now and VERY nice of you to take care of your family (and you are right, family does come first), I will also say that when people DO get taken on these boards, it's the most heart felt excuses that are used.

I have had two people completely disappear and another one give excuse after excuse why they couldn't send their stuff.

Again, not that I am saying that it's an excuse on your part, but with the anonimity of the internet, people really can't tell the difference between the legitimate ones and the non-legitimate ones.

I had someone recently say they couldn't ship due to exams. No problem, I'm not in a hurry. Well into Xmas, still no shipping, and well, I had to request a refund or I needed to protect my money.

I know very few people would entertain the notion of "ok, how about you ship first, whenever you are ready and when it's gone out, I will send you the funds".

That certainly would help your customers, if you trust them as much as they have placed their trust in you.

Just an idea, since it was an open message to everyone.

Hope everything goes smoothly with your grandmother and your uncle.

tk421_1_2
01-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Sorry you're having family problems but yeah it all comes down to being a business and since you're not able to fulfill your end, your customers (those who bought from you), have every right to file. Very few free lunches are given in this day and age. I guess I'm saying that you shouldn't be surprised that these folks who bought from you just want their money back.

FOX_FORCE_5
01-20-2008, 12:32 AM
I agree with you both but things happen and you sometimes forget until you go shoot i need to get that out.

DouglasMcc
01-20-2008, 04:23 AM
While I welcome the posters opinions, I think you missed the point of the message. I am not mad at them for filing. I would probably have done the same thing as well. The PayPal disputes don't even matter anymore as the buyers received their items and dropped them. My beef was that someone attacked me in PMs to these people. If I have wronged someone in the past, then come out and discuss it in the open like adults. Don't stab people in the back and lie. That was where my anger was coming from.

iluvsnowtroopers
01-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I got your back Doug - you are very trustworthy and family always comes first.

Power_Droid
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I am a firm believer that if you post something for sale or trade. You should have it ready to go if a sale or trade happens. Don't take on more than you know you can handle, if there is stuff going on at home, don't try to still do trades or sell stuff. Not fair to other scummers.

I doubt that anyone stabbed you in the back, I would imagine its something the buyers are saying to make them look like they are not alone when pleading their case. "the illusion of strength in numbers" and it looks like it worked, you shipped the items, they received them, claim dropped according to you.

On that note, I have worked with Doug in the past, although he was a bit slow on shipping the items out, they came and were in good shape.

jokabofe
01-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I got your back Doug - you are very trustworthy and family always comes first.

Same here. I purchased several figures from Douglas, and when I didn't receive them after about 10 days I contacted him and asked about them. Why? Because the other transactions I've had with him always went smoothly and flawlessly, and I received my items in a matter of days. Something was wrong.

When he told me his story, he apologized, and said he "apologized if the delay inconvenienced me" - to which I answered "inconvenienced? It's only toys. Take your time."

Not sure why people can't check your feedback here and rest assured that if you go ahead and tell everyone a story like that, it's the truth. Douglas isn't a new member here with no feedback, like he said he's had quite a few transactions. And never a problem before.

I do understand that some people out there are just trying to take advantage and scam people out of their money, but from my experience Douglas isn't one of them. Cut the guy some slack. Attending to personal matter should ALWAYS take precedence over sending toys out to online purchases.

ambasah
01-21-2008, 12:24 AM
well said.

Tweekem
01-21-2008, 06:54 AM
I have had a great experience with you everytime we have traded bud... dont sweat these loosers that cant wait for their toys. I have had to wait for things many times.. it is aggrivating but life happens and SW comes second.

Mechleader
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi, First of all I'd like to say I'm sorry to DouglasMcc.

I was in contact with him and I understood what he was dealing with. I waited. But not soon after I got contacted by some others about the long wait.

I got nervous and filed a paypal dispute. I got burned by IM77 and this looking like it was heading in the same direction.

It didn't.
I just got my stuff.
I hope this will clear the air a bit as to his dealings. He's been here a long time and he is right when he says faimly comes first.

There are too many others that will use our good trust. And that makes it harder to deal with a fellow RS that has a legit issue.

Hopefully I haven't burnt the bridge too much and we'll trade again the the future.

Have no worries with him. Sorry this mess cast a dark shadow. Hopefully people will see the light.

Thanks again DouglasMcc.