Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Droid Can Cooler Box (MTT)

Commander

Battle Droid Can Cooler Box (MTT)

Hi, I am interested in learning more about the "Battle Droid Can Cooler Box (MTT)" from Pepsi. I've seen the Jedi Archives entry ID: 48533, but was wondering if a food premium collector here might have more detailed information on it's production run, promotion details, marketing history, or any points of interest I may have overlooked. Take care, Darth_Myeek

Commander

Re: Battle Droid Can Cooler Box (MTT)

Some pics of my MTT. Pardon the dust bunnies.

MTT-Front

MTT-Left

MTT-Rear

MTT-Rear-Detail

MTT-Right

MTT-Front_Open

MTT-Front_Open_Extended

I don't know too much of the details, but I've always wanted one of those in my collection. I believe they were primarily available in Japan, though some were distributed in the states as prizes and marketing handouts.
    -theropod
    "For certain, ye have to be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was."

High Admiral

I was under the impression this was a Japanese market only item that had to be won via some sort of contest or redemption.

I think most of those that made it to the US did so via eBay sales or other private sales.

I have one and love it. I got mine from a local collector. I can't imagine what the shipping would be now for something this big and heavy from Japan.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by theropod
    I believe they were primarily available in Japan, though some were distributed in the states as prizes and marketing handouts.
    -theropod
    Hi Theropod,
    I didn't know they were used promotionally here in the US, but that totally makes sense. It gives me another lead to go on!

Thank you,
    darth_myeek

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97

I have one and love it. I got mine from a local collector.
    Hi Dockingbay97,
    Did your cooler come with Japanese Pepsi cans? My cooler came with empty Diet Pepsi TPM cans from the U.S., and the Battledroid toppers do not fit well at all. Do your toppers fit snuggly on your cans? (Did the cooler come in it's original box?)

Thank you,
    darth_myeek

High Admiral

Mine is in the original box and there were no cans inside - only the battle droid toppers.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    Mine is in the original box and there were no cans inside - only the battle droid toppers.
    That's soo cool. The original box and instructions is the ultimate score. The only example I have seen in the box was on a Japanese website, which I have to imagine you have seen. Thanks for the info!!

darth_myeek

Such an awesome item - inspired by a great scene!!!

WTB: US Carded CW44 Ahsoka Tano MOMC
    The Rise of Darth Vader Target Exclusive MIMB

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Myeek
    Quote Originally Posted by theropod
    I believe they were primarily available in Japan, though some were distributed in the states as prizes and marketing handouts.
    -theropod
    Hi Theropod,
    I didn't know they were used promotionally here in the US, but that totally makes sense. It gives me another lead to go on!

Thank you,
    darth_myeek
    I can state definitively that Mary Franklin gave one away in the Fan Club Breakfast raffle at SDCC a few years ago...
    I was going to try to buy it from the winner after the breakfast, but I really had to use the bathroom. I was quick, but by the time I got out, the winner (and prize) were gone.
    Trade Feedback
    WANTED: 2013 Big G Cereal Pens: Darth Vader and Anakin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast