Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anime Toys & Collectibles

Anime Toys & Collectibles

Is there anyone collecting anime toys and collectibles?

I like some anime/manga and especially got hooked into Masamune Shirow's works: Ghost in the Shell (manga and TV series and movies), Intron Depot art books, Galhound adult art books, Orion, Black Magic, Dominion etc.

So I started a small collection of Shirow's hot girls:

My anime figures collection

-------
    manga = Japanese comic books
    anime = Japanese cartoons
    Last edited by AnthonyP; 10-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Re: Anime toys and collectibles?

No one?
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

High Admiral

Very nice collection! I really like those Evangelion figures, I had the exact same Rei a while back.

The only anime figures I have are from Full Metal Alchemist. I got them from a local comic book shop. There pretty neat, but there statues so there not poseable. The ones I have are Roy, Al, and Hawkeye. The set came with a little dog to but his name escapes me at the moment. I was never really all that into anime, but every now and then an anime comes out that I just love. If I could find some decent Naruto collectibles I'd probably buy them, but the mattel figures are pretty weak.
    Either fire me or get out of my chair. - Tony Almeida.

I have several Ranma items, and a set of Love Hina girls. also some Macross items, and Mcfarlane's Kaneda figure. My favorite is my stuffed Ranma-chan.

I also have about a dozen different anime cels.
    Got a vintage question? have you read The FAQ?

Commander

Hey, great collection.

I am mainly into Kubricks and Bearbricks, but I also am very into Gundam toys and little miniature strange collectibles from Japan. I am into what are known as "Yurukyara", which are basically characters that are considered rather "cheap" or "flimsy". Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

High Admiral

Anime (Along with video games and religious/occult study) is my major interest. Star Wars for me is limited to the six films and 3 3/4 figures. I have a huge collection of Anime and related merchandise. Hundreds of DVD's, hundreds of soundtracks, 600+ figures (Gundam, Evangelion, Sailormoon, Ah! My Goddess, etc..), and a variety of other things. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to photographing anything.

I got the package with the Perfect Piece Tachikoma last week. The Tachikoma is awsome: amazing details, lots of play features and a nice Motoko included. You can remove the cannon cap with a small key and even replace the cannon with a gattling, just like in the SAC series. The back part opens up and Motoko fits inside perfectly and then you can close it back. Really cool.

But it has a flaw alas too: almost impossible to display it due to the jointed legs and because of this it falls on the belly. But overall it looks amazing.

Right now I put it back in the box due to lack of display space, it's pretty big, it cannot fit in the glass shelves near my other GITS figures and I'd rather have it protected by glass than on display elsewhere in the room.

And I'm also thinking on how to make a display stand for the Tachi. I already made a custom stand for the new ManMachine Interface Motoko Aramaki figure who had rubbery legs and tends to bend in front...

Do not forget please to take photos of what you have!!
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

I don't know if you have a particular focus, such as characters from film, but if you are a fan of the style in general then you should see the Mirei-San 1/7 Scale PVC if you haven't already. I just ordered one, it's the only anime(ish) import I have ever bought and I bought it just moments after I saw it because I have always wanted a "[censored]" toy but I've found nearly every one that I've seen up to this point to be rather uncouth or poorly executed (this excludes characters from films, I'm just speaking about the eros statues that aren't tied to a franchise and are just self contained pieces).

Just to be clear I DO NOT want a [censored] toy... I don't know why that word was censored but honestly I would prefer to have my toy uncensored but demure.

My main focus is Masamune Shirow and his creations: Ghost in the Shell, Intron Depot, Galhound, Black Magic, Orion etc. I know about some hot anime figures which are really cool but passed on most of them.

On the other hand you should be very careful with the bootlegs. Comparing to Star Wars bootleg figures which are easy to distinguish from originals SW stuff, the anime ones can be deceiving and you could get bootlegs very easily.
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast