Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: empire/republic hanger. updated 5/18

Ensign

empire/republic hanger. updated 5/18

here's my empire/republic hanger, Thanks for all the great comments. After the reading the good suggestions about the floor, I have changed it out. The dio measures 30" x 30" and is about 26" tall. The tie grips are adjustable hand clamps. here's a few new pics.

Grand Admiral

Re: empire hanger

WOW . . . AGAIN! You keep amazing me with these dios. So cinema-like.

Great attention to detail. The one thing is I am not sure about the linolium floor. Imp floor have a very distinct look to them.

But that's not important. I'm still blown away!
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

Moff

Wow! A HUGE and amazing diorama!

Very, very cool. This looks terrific!!

I also think you should consider putting another floor down.

Here's a suggestion - I have a large piece of shiny, black reflective poster board that I've used in the past. Something like that might work great and they're very cheap at art supply stories.

In any event, this is wonderful, imaginative work!!

Commodore

This has to be one of the best customs ive seen. Very Imperial and cinema like. Very impressed rebel once again you amaze us all with ur genius
    Luke...I am you fathers brothers uncles sons cousin twice removed BESTFRIEND...Be Afraid i am close to you!

Fleet Admiral

As I have stated in previous threads, I love to see the resurgence of large dioramas. Nicely done. As far as the floor, I like it. When I first saw it, my thoughts were that the Empire had set up a hangar in a former temple, like a Yavin IV setting, and engineered the walls to conform to their standards; leaving the temple flooring in place.
    My name is Mike and I approve this message.

"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great!" Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Ensign

yea i have seen the black reflective poster board at the store, i wasn't too impressed with it, too many dents and creases. The floor was made to be interchangeable, so it could double as a republic hanger too, so there is another floor underneath the ones in the pics.

Grand Admiral

One possibility is printing out a floor pattern on glossy photo paper. That way you get the reflection you want and whatever design you want to put on it.
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

Grand Moff

SWEET!!!
    "Tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!"

Fleet Admiral

I WANT YOU TO HAVE MY BABIES!!!
    So I said to her "You want it clean? HUH? You want it CLEAN? YOU CLEAN IT! CLEAN IT YOURSELF! CLEAN IT YOURSELF!"... and I haven't seen my mother since that point.

GAR

AMAZING!

Very, very well done. I too think the only room for improvement would be the floor. I used black giftwrap from Hobby Lobby to get a good smooth, reflective finish. Looks pretty good and it's cheap too.

I'm friendly dammit!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast