Page 140 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1828
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Transformers - "Masterpiece Edition" Thread

Got Soundwave yesterday. I have to say I am a little disappointed. Not much in the way of extras and not a whole lot different than the original. Lazerbeak is really nice though.

Is it a simple transformation? Doesn't look like it should be difficult, can't really imagine it would be
    I'm holding off for an eventual US retail release. Betting there will be something different about it

Quote Originally Posted by DMESS View Post
    Got Soundwave yesterday. I have to say I am a little disappointed. Not much in the way of extras and not a whole lot different than the original. Lazerbeak is really nice though.
    I got home pretty late last night but got to check mine out for a few and couldn't disagree more. Only transformed Laserbeak, but I thought Soundwave seemed great. He is definitely in the newer scale for size, smaller than Prime, but much taller than Sideswipe. The extras were nice, you get a scale Megatron, energon cube and parts that allow you to connect it to Soundwave's chest just like in the cartoon, binoculars, and a protective cassette case for Laserbeak and two collector cards; not a bad haul in my opinion. The figures both look great, Laserbeak transforms outstanding and Soundwave has 2 mounting points for Laserbeak, one on his shoulder and one on his wrist.

Another great addition to this line.
    My Feedback Thread
    My ever growing Movie Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic78 View Post
    I got home pretty late last night but got to check mine out for a few and couldn't disagree more. Only transformed Laserbeak, but I thought Soundwave seemed great. He is definitely in the newer scale for size, smaller than Prime, but much taller than Sideswipe. The extras were nice, you get a scale Megatron, energon cube and parts that allow you to connect it to Soundwave's chest just like in the cartoon, binoculars, and a protective cassette case for Laserbeak and two collector cards; not a bad haul in my opinion. The figures both look great, Laserbeak transforms outstanding and Soundwave has 2 mounting points for Laserbeak, one on his shoulder and one on his wrist.

Another great addition to this line.

Actually, those aren't binoculars...it is his tazer or gun or whatever it is that attaches to his arm when you fold the hand in. You connect it to the other end of the closed hand on either arm. Soundwave is truely a awesome masterpiece and I cannot wait to collect them all. Looking forward to the rest of the cassettes that go with him.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

Yeah, got to take a better look and realized that too, oops.

Soundwave transforms great, I think he is up there with the better Masterpiece pieces that I own. Also like that he holds 3 casettes in his chest opening.
    My Feedback Thread

According to tfw2005 they are coming out with Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen. I just wish they would come out with Tracks.
    My feedback thread

Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikefoil View Post
    According to tfw2005 they are coming out with Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen. I just wish they would come out with Tracks.
    All three are up for pre-order at BBTS for $79.99 each.

I may bite on Prowl after some protptype or production images come up, right now there is just artwork.
    My Feedback Thread

I would rather have Bluestreak.
    My feedback thread

Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

Emperor's Hand

MP-13 Soundwave w/ Laserbeak (Condor) is now mine!

What a amazing Transformer. Another top notch entry into the Masterpiece line. Soundwave has always and will always be my all time favorite Transformer. I had/have the G1 toy and he is so beat up and played with from my years of enjoyment with him as a kid that to now own this amazing G1 rendition of him is a dream come true for me.

Walkman mode is what you expect a brick with a opening door. The back kibble is really not bad at all and doesn't bother me in the slightest. Transformation is involved but fun while keeping a lot of what made his G1 toy so great. Robot mode is the true masterpiece, aside from the lack of backwards hip motion there is no other flaws. I love that you can get him to push his own eject button.

Laserbeak in his own right is a true masterpiece. He identical in size to the G1 cassettes but the fact he stores his back weapon in cassette mode is a engineering marvel. Some small paint chips being my only minor gripe on him. I can not wait to add Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy and Buzzsaw. Hope Ratbat gets a release at some point down the line as well.

If you are sitting on the fence get this guy! Maybe Hasbro may announce a US release which will be cheaper but it is a risk waiting because when these are gone they will be very hard to come by.

Now the wait for Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen!
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

mjb
    Admiral

I got mine also, great toy. I wish they would do a megatron that is scaled to these, soudwave and the jets look kinda funny with him in my display cabinet.
    Last edited by mjb; 02-05-2013 at 05:37 AM.