Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rebels happy meals! At subway...

High Admiral

New rebels happy meals! At subway...

6 different happy meal bags found at subway today.

cool.. may check em out this week... thx. Any promo napkins, cups, wrappers etc?
    Last edited by jpolli666; 09-04-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Admiral

Doesn't look like there is any "adult" oriented promo stuff, or contests. For Guardians of the Galaxy, right before this there was a sweeps contest that had codes on the cups. Maybe when the series gets closer to airing they will add a contest? Prob not though. There is a code on the included trading card that unlocks online content. The cards are actually pretty nice too. They are in the bag.
    Gonna miss actual toys for Rebels and Ep VII. Disney has been paired with subway for a while now, and doesn't do "toy" themed kids meals anymore. I don't need the extra "crap" of course, but it is fun to get Star Wars toys in a happy meal! And, nowadays, happy meal meal toys are practically on par with what Hasbro is churning out anyway!

yeah- looking to grab another this week, not bad but really would dig the cups, napkins, etc. I almost snatched the cling off the door, cuz the jughead they had working there did not know about the promotion, and I had to walk him thru what to find in the back..... man!

•    
    Subway has kids meals? Huh, didn't know that.

Though, sorry to rant, but was watching Wall•E on Disney Channel last night and I saw a commercial for Rebels and it just reminded me of everything I dislike about the new series. /rant_over
    An army of one man, but the right man for the job.

•    
    Yummy! Thanks for the update. I like how Subway seems to target the comic book/sci-fi community. I really liked the Guardians of the Galaxy bags that they used for their kids meals. Also, the large glasses had a code for a free comic book. Now, if it only came with an 3.75in figure as a toy...

"Where did you learn that smile? Have you been practicing in front of a holo of Han Solo?" - Mara Jade Skywalker

Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    Yummy! Thanks for the update. I like how Subway seems to target the comic book/sci-fi community. I really liked the Guardians of the Galaxy bags that they used for their kids meals. Also, the large glasses had a code for a free comic book. Now, if it only came with an 3.75in figure as a toy...

I will miss the days of Star Wars Kids/Happy Meal toys. I think this is the first promo under Disney ownership of Star Wars, and for many years now, Disney has pulled away from any of their properties having toy premiums.
    I'll miss that especially come Ep VII.

Dropped by Subway tonight and got the Stomtrooper and Hera bags. I was hoping they'd be big enough to put some swag in at Celebration Anaheim, but they're pretty small.

Does McDonald's still have the Disney license?
    We are Groot.

Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlex View Post
    Does McDonald's still have the Disney license?
    Disney pulled away from Kids meal promotions with toys in 2008. For the past years they have been at Subway, where they have only done character themed bags for the kids meal.
    McDonalds had Clone Wars fairly recently, but that was before Disney had complete ownership. Last fall they had Star Wars Angry Birds Halloween pails, but I think there must have been some existing play in the Disney Star Wars licensing agreement with Rovio to let that happen (or was planned before the full Star Wars take over by Disney)

11. Thanks from: CaptainAlex
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast