Thread: C3P0 Re-Pro??

•    

C3P0 Re-Pro??

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to collecting and today I purchased a large mixed lot of toys and got a whole load of crap but made out with a couple good items that made up for it. I figured the C-3P0 that came with the lot was also a reseal like the others, but after realizing the differences between the two I now wonder if this figure is on a real print. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some feedback as to what they think of its authenticity, and if it is fake, what am I missing? Thanks guys![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

That card and bubble are legit. You are missing the footer that would have been under the figure inside the bubble though. You can tell that someone tried to staple the bubble back to the card because there are staple holes on the bottom of the cardback. Hope that helps.
    Always looking for vintage store displays, vintage shipping boxes and Jawa items.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077974/ My feedback Thread

3. Thanks from: Greeedo

•    
    Yea there was like 10 staples in it when i got it, I just cut them out lol, but that's awesome thank you, do you by any chance have an idea of what it's worth? I didn't see any in that condition on E-bay, just curious. Thanks again!

•    
    IF the figure has stiff limbs, it's probably worth $30-$40 for a loose figure with cardback. If limbs are loose, I'd say $20 tops.

Ian

6. Thanks from: Greeedo

•    
    Cool, the figure is surprisingly mint, sucks the guy had to staple it so many times lol. Thanks I appreciate it.

•    
    No problem. The key to maximizing what you'll get for a 3PO is stressing the legs are 'unsnapped', if this is the case with this one. Vintage 3PO (and Death Star Droid), due to the type of plating they used, tended to have their limbs feel almost glued in place. You'd have to 'snap' them to make them move. Unfortunately, once snapped, it doesn't take long before the legs on these two become extremely loose (and to a lesser extent the arms), which is why a premium is placed on 'unsnapped' examples.

By the way, welcome to the board. If you're new to collecting in general, make sure you read and read and read and read and.......... Lots of info here, and if you have questions, just ask.

Ian

9. Thanks from: Greeedo

Quote Originally Posted by Greeedo View Post
    Cool, the figure is surprisingly mint, sucks the guy had to staple it so many times lol. Thanks I appreciate it.
    There are also a lot of collectors that collect the card back by itself. It's a nice looking C-3PO.

11. Thanks from: Greeedo

•    
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the valuable information. I have 3 C3PO's and one of them I can tell is "snapped" the other one feels as though it has been moved but still has stiff limbs. The one I have included in this post I feel hasn't ever been moved by your description. How rare is it to find an un-snapped figure? This is by far the best looking one cosmetically that I personally have come across. Again thank you for all the welcomes, information, and opinions I really do value every bit. Thanks again everyone you guys are great!

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeedo View Post
    How rare is it to find an un-snapped figure?
    They're not rare at all, but somewhat uncommon compared to all the loose limbed ones, and due to it being pretty much card fresh condition, demand is fairly high. It could go from $20-$30 by itself, where a regular good condition but loose limbed 3PO will be under $10. Even your snapped but stiff limbed one would go $15-$20.

Ian

14. Thanks from: Greeedo